Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Atropa Belladonna [Free]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Continued From: A Brand, A Part

The rhythmic sound of a horse’s hooves trotting along the paved streets of the hidden leaf was a simple melody that often accompanied Kaji on his adventures. It was evening, and street lamps guided their path as Kaji and his apprentice Yama made their way through the heart of the village, riding horseback on the gallant steed, Kukki. The chocolate-hued mare’s hide sheened in the low evening light; her physique was beautiful and powerful, and did not tire despite delivering her shinobi riders from one end of the Leaf to many others. In the course of a few hours, Kaji and Yama had gone from the training field to the forest of death, then back to the medical corps to drop off the corpse, and were now back uptown, on course to their next destination.

“That’s a good girl” he was thanking his steed for her service as they arrived outside of a lantern-lit shrine, in a quiet neighborhood. Kukki came to a slow stop, and Kaji eagerly dismounted first. He ushered his apprentice to come along, and promised Kukki a well-deserved meal for her trouble. He then waived the loyal steed off, and Kukki vanished in an explosive burst of steam that emanated from the rift created by her reversed summoning.  And as the steam cleared, Kaji started towards the shrine, where their contact would be found.

Long stairs separated the shrine from the street level, and the design of the aged building seemed to be as old as time itself. It was crafted from wood with a vintage design, and appeared to be well-kept for such an old establishment. The entrance of the building seemed quiet and empty, after all it was around dinner time, and most of the patrons were gone for the day. “Do you have those hand-scythes?” Kaji checked with Yama. He placed the pair of blades in the student’s care before they ever departed from the field where they apprehended Shikamatsu, and now, the duo were referring to a poison expert known to frequent this very shrine. “Once we are in there Yama, do keep the seriousness of this situation in mind.” Those were words of warning from the master to his apprentice. “Until we know exactly what we’re up against, consider it safe to assume that anyone besides the two of us, and our medic friend could be fraternizing with the Scorpions. Groups like this cannot gain a seat in the Leaf without having insiders who can pull strings for them.”

The duo arrived at the entrance of the shrine, and were enveloped in the rustic charm of what was possibly the village’s oldest site, even predating the Hokage Monument.  The sensei paused suddenly, if only to regain his composure before rushing into the shrine with his pupil in tow. “What a day, huh?” He glanced to Yama, and revealed a pack of chewing gum with a red label and fiery text. He took a strip of gum from the pack, and offered Yama the pack, in case he felt the urge of hunger or stress. “I used to smoke” he admitted evenly, “but my old girl at the time didn’t like it. Akuha. After she quit me, I quit smoking... figured maybe some change was needed, after all.” He then blew an expert-sized bubbled, and shrank it back into his mouth without exploding it on his face. So expert, very Kaji, much wow . “Gum doesn’t compare to a dunsai high, but it helps with the stress well enough.”
It seemed as if an empty of moment of chewing passed, taking up an indeterminable amount of seconds and minutes until Kaji was as lax on the inside as he was out. “Having a stress coping mechanism is important shit” he lectured. “I chew gum because that’s how I find my happy place. Regardless of how tough you are, we all stress out… There’s a league of assassins looking for us right now, so stress is a given.” He kept chewing until the flavor died, and he then tossed the morsel into a bush off to the side of the entrance. “That’s the most useful thing I’ll tell you today, kid. Even more important than morality… or will… or loyalty. You better ride the bull, or the bull will ride you. Deal or be dealt with.” And that was all for their little pow wow, or so Kaji figured. “Understand?”

- WC: 736
- Kaji entered the thread.
- Requesting Yama and Hakuren
- Open, within reason

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The air was filled with the sweet scent of cherry blossoms as the trees around the area were strangely in full bloom. It would seem unusual for those who do not frequently come to the shrine for it was the season when all trees have long lost their leaves. Yet for some reason the area around the sacred shrine remains lush and green with flowers everywhere. While the rest of the village enjoys whatever season it may be in, the shrine seemingly remains in an ever constant spring as if trapped in time. The shrines patrons were all Yamanaka seeking enlightenment and it is through their powers that the flowers remain in bloom.

Flower petals dance in the air to the gentle roaming breezes of the wind and the tree branches begins to sway gently to the wind. A crow flies down and lands on one of the fox statues. The black bird welcomes them with a loud caw. With careful eyes one would see many forms of life. A black cat lays by the entrance bathing in the warmth of the last few rays of the sun, couple of rabbits nimble at the bed of flowers and a cricket begins to play its song for the coming night. They were being watched by the residence of this place, but they mean no harm. They are merely watchers used to keep an eye out for those who would seek to make trouble.

“We would appreciate if you did not litter.” The cat would speak to Kaji after he decides to toss a chewed piece of gum into the nearby bush. She looks up at him with an angry glare. “We take great pride in keeping this place well kept.” Those she guesses it could be worst. At least the man was not smoking. She hates when people just tosses their butts around. The cat then walks over and pluck the leaf the gum landed on with her mouth. She then walks over to a waste bin and discards the unwanted item.

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They had ridden long and hard for a brief period of time as they had survived their brief meeting with more members of the elusive assassin's guild. The day had turned into a whirlwind of hellish events one after the other and now as they had reentered the village of Konohagkure, for the first time Yama was able to breath deeply and let out a soft sigh. What a hassle this whole thing was turning out to be, but thankfully he was with his sensei who was more than capable of taking charge of the situation and in the small parts of the back of his mind, Yama was incredibly grateful having a calm presence around. It was helping him deal with the trauma of becoming accustomed to so much death happening on such a close level. The sun was just starting to set and sending forth it's incredibly soft hues over the entire village. It was the perfect time to laze around, the breeze felt so soft on his skin and rejuvenated him. The fire ninjutsu that the boy had performed on the horse had taken a lot out of him in combination with the overuse of his shadow possession techniques had a soft glaze of sweat a constant over his entire body.

Their destination ended up being a beautifully kept shrine that had the most remarkable scenery, but before he really had the time to truly take it all in Kaji would finally begin talking to him about the proper etiquette he should abide by while in this place, as well as to air on the side of extreme caution, and that he should truly trust no one. But he had already figured that Kaji would be doing most of the talking in the first place, however the Nara boy would nod sagely in agreement as he took his sensei's words directly to heart. Once Kaji had finished his first string of words, Yama reached back into his satchel bag and reached very carefully inside to grab the scythes, being incredibly careful not to nick his finger on the blades. Once he had finished he then handed them over to his teacher, and upon them leaving his hands before he had the time to get a word in Kaji would begin speaking again. However, this time he actually chose to get sort of personal with the young boy. It was incredibly cool to peer past the man's external demeanor and actually learn a few things about him. Once Kaji had asked if the boy understood, Yama took a few moments before nodding again. However this time he replied in between chews of the piece he had gratefully taken from the teacher.

"I've kinda wanted to know what the whole smoking thing is all about. It has a rather pleasing smell to it, at least I think so. But I think I do understand what you meant sensei, today definitely was what I would call a stressful day indeed. I usually like to look up at the clouds, you'd be amazed what you can see." He smiled up at the man, "Don't worry too much about the assassins though, I'll always be here to protect you teacher." The boy chuckled. However, once he had finished laughing suddenly as if by the stroke of the brush of fate itself. There was a cat... Literally a cat, and it was in fact speaking to both of them. Apparently littering was this cat's biggest taboo, and Yama was honestly so flabbergasted that in a boisterous display of youth waited until the cat had finished throwing the piece away before getting down on all fours and placing his hands together seeking forgiveness. "I-I-I'm so sorry cat-san, please don't eat me like the oni cats in all the stories. I promise I will be a good child and do all of my homework and never eat okra on the weekends." (Which apparently was a huge oni no-no).

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking up the steps as each step signify a trial in it’s own right. With each step she would think on her wrong doings and push on to the next, leaving it behind but remembering not to make the same mistake twice. While she was not a particularly religious person, walking up the step towards the shrine caused her to remember the teachings that she was giving on religion. Looking at the sheer amount of natural and wildlife that surrounded the steps leading to the shire, this would be the most optimal place as natural and kami were one and the same.

Reaching the end of the seemingly endless flight of stair. Megumi would meet a familiar sight in the form of Kaji’s horse. Giving the horse a small glance as she did not want to be around that horse any longer than she would have to.

Stopping at the gate of the shrine, she would look at the imposing red gateway and bow before she would enter. Looking ahead, she would see two other familiar figures in the form of Yama and Kaji. She was surprised that they were even at a shrine, and wonder what they could be here for. However she still had to perform another ritual before she could enter the shrine respectfully.

Reaching a Temizu Basin, Megumi would take one of the wooden dippers in her right hand and gently scoop up some of the water. Cupping her left hand and pour some water into it, and then doing the same with her right while she transferred the dipper to her left. Drink the water and swishing it around her her mouth quietly, she would spit it out onto her left hand. Holding the dipper vertically, to let the water wash over it and her hands to complete the ritual. Placing the dipper back where it came from, she had gotten some water on her plain purple kimono that she wore.

Walking up to the group she would hear another voice, that did not belong to the others. Peering past the man as she stood next to them, she was graced with the presences of a talking black cat. While it was obvious to her that the cat was Hakuren, as she had already taken the form of a rabbit on their first meeting. However giving the scenery and their lack of knowledge on the Hakuren and tradition in general after hearing that they littered, Megumi decided to tease them a little.

“ I would be careful you two, Bakeneko are very dangerous and have been known to possess humans”. She picked the Bakeneko as it fit well with what she knew Hakuren was capable of. They could turn into humans, speak, possess others and curse humans. Looking at all of the spirit trees and wards, their would be no way that a demon could even set foot in this shrine unless it was tainted. Keeping her playful expression away from view as she continued to mess with them, “ Kaji you're going to have to listen to its request, as you corrupted the shrine when you littered, the wards won’t protect us now as you voided their effect”. She doubted that her buff would work, as Kaji was smart enough not to believe in old wise tale, but it was part revenge for what his horse had done to her hair. At least it had start to grow back to how she prefered it. Having people being able to see her face made her uncomfortable.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It appeared as though the shrine would provide some atypical company for the occasion. A moment to catch their breaths revealed a variety of wildlife on the premises. An ebony house cat intervened in the conversation between the humans and crossed their paths. With her fluent affinity for the common tongue—she reprimanded Kaji for littering. "Oh, my apologies" he replied frankly. He was jaded to the occurrence of talking animals and responded rather naturally to it. His memories flashed back to his adventure in Kodachi no Tenchi, and the Titan Lizard's bargain. Kaji knew many highly-intelligent animals, though Kaji knew not every speaking learned by the same, traditional means. As the cat scurried away to the waste bin, Kaji's sight followed her, and from the corner of his eye, he recognized a familiar kunoichi from one of his most recent adventures. At the time, Yama was saying something about the vegetables in his diet, but Kaji was becoming distracted, using his subtle chakra sense to feel the presence of the shrine's aura.

"Did you tell her we were going to be here?" Kaji whispered the words to Yama, to the point of sibilation. He was stern and shot a sudden glare to his apprentice. Kaji knew that girl—knew Yama knew that girl; the nosey one Kukki did not like. Yama's friend from the academy was ahead in their path. She was also an acquaintance of Kaji's from a recent gig he attended for his day job. No matter his or her story, he knew this wasn't some coincidence.

Kaji and Yama entered the shrine's confines with long shadows spreading across the waxed floors. The sun was low, and visible through the double doors, which were still open wide to the outside world as a gesture meant to welcome the hungry and tired. The tranquility of the yard matched the interior of the shrine. While there were modern light fixtures, the shrine was candle lit with an abundance of tall white candles. Burning incense gave the air a unique flavor. Finely carved idols and architecture completed the rustic atmosphere. This was not a temple of the progenitor of fire, or the five, but it had a similar spiritual energy. He only found Megumi in here, though, not quite the person he was expecting.

"Fancy meeting you here" the sound of Kaji's voice rippled softly through the room, as if not to startle her. Both Kaji and Yama arrived looking worse for wear and in bloodstained clothing—the day had been eventful. "It's cutting awfully close to curfew, isn't it, miss Tanigawa?" With the sun setting, he knew it was a matter of time before the trio of assassins from the Forest of Death would try again. And as a matter of fact, his touring look about the room didn't reveal anyone but the girl. Where was his contact he came to see, the poison expert? "It can be dangerous out there after dark."

WC: 522

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The cat hisses angrily at the boy, “Darn it, Shion put you up to this didn’t he? He knows full well how much I hate being called Oni!” Everyone in Hakuren’s family is named after a flower. For example Hakerun means white lotus. The one currently possessing the cat is Oniyuri, which is tiger lily. The cat’s hair was standing on end thus making her look big and fluffy. After a few moments she finally calmed down and it is by this time the group leader opens the door and walks right in. “You’re not going to find her in there.” Oniyuri was well aware of who they were looking for; it’s almost the only reason people even bother to come to the shrine. It was not surprising. Yamanaka Hakuren, also known as The Sacred Flower, is probably the most famous Yamanaka in Leaf if not the country. Hakuren has reached a level of enlightenment that no Yamanaka has reached in over a hundred years. As an Enlightened Yamanaka she has access to some rather special abilities. It’s no wonder people would come to see her. “Hakuren is in the Zen Garden around back. She’s practicing her astral projection.”

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Playfully smiling as the cat hissed at Yama for her comment on her being a Youkai. Though her playful attitude would shift as she looked at the student and teacher’s clothes beaten and covered in blood. Thankfully it did not seem to be theirs, but what were they doing that caused what looked to be a murder show through their clothing.

However was on shift at the shrine, did not seem to care that they looked as if they were on the run for a murder, or back from a battle. Kaji would casually state that it was odd to her here. Looking at the man as she could guess what he is thinking right now, she could not fault her for it as she would of done the same thing. “ I think it is the other way around, as you two don’t seem to be the religious sort”. Megumi would move over the offering box and place in a healthy donation, clapping her hands together and wishing her family well. She would be sure to add Kaji and Yama in as well as they looked as if they needed it.

Hearing the girl comment on the whereabouts of Hakuren as she was giving the boys a pray. Inching back towards the two she would look at them as if to say that they should get a move on. Kaji would mention the curfew, Megumi in response would look at Yama. “ The same could be said about your partener, but unlike him i am not held down by a curfew. If you know who i was you would know that the curfew does not apply to me”. Speaking politely as she clashed with the man who constantly endangered her friend. Stating that it was dangerous at night, Megumi would give the man a blunt look. “ Says the ones covered in blood and looked as though they just came out of a fight. If you two were stopped by the peace division you two would be stuck in a non optional all inclusive trip to the tea shop. I told you that i would hold you responsible for Yama, and i don’t like what i see so i am coming along”.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With an appreciative nod, Kaji acknowledged the informative feline's recommendation to enter the garden. The premises surrounding the temple was pleasantly landscaped, and the cool weather would make any activity in the garden feel rather enjoyable this evening. He'd go out there with Yama to meet with his unfamiliar contact Hakuren, he only knew by name. However, with the weight of their extenuating circumstances already on Kaji's shoulders, he could not allow the Tanigawa heiress to remain alone and unguarded within the temple; alone she would become a liability and could become embroiled in their adventure, in the worst way. Megumi replied to Kaji's last chiding remarks with the sharp-edged banter he knew her for and continued finishing a traditional temple prayer. Kaji's brow crinkled when the girl presumed that he was a godless man, but he disregarded the snub as a short-sighted observation from a child. These days, he was quite far from the land where people worshiped the Five Architects of Creation; greater dieties that predated the lesser gods worshiped by small sects in villages like Konoha.

All the meanwhile, Kaji motioned towards the garden exit, and scanned the long hall once more, recognizing the multiple points of entry, and potential ways the scorpion's hunters might make their move. He then addressed Megumi's smart remark concerning the setting sun and the curfew he imposed. "Unlike you, Yama is accompanied by his sensei. If the blood on my lapel indicates anything at all, you should understand that my warnings are anything but an empty boast meant to run you off." However, the kunoichi's persistent nature made things easier, as she insisted on coming along. "So Yeah... you are coming with us" he added sternly. "I hate to be rude, but we are on official business, and this temple became marked for trouble the moment we entered... It was supposed to be empty about now, but meeting you here has created a liability for us all. Now, stay close to us, and I will ensure that you make it home safely tonight." Kaji revealed the more abrasive side of his nature and turned his back to Megumi, before gripping his fingers on the edge of the temple's vintage sliding doors.

Kaji opened the screen and led the exit to the temple's garden, where he and his companions would find a serene setting becoming shrouded by the rise of nightfall. Soft gravel set the path through the garden and led to a routinely-raked meditation ground. There was an abundance of flora and fauna, which came in a multitude of species and vivid colors. A few candles hung around the premises in bronze lanterns suspended from trees and the temple by hemp rope, which illuminated the grounds with dancing light as light breezes made each one rotate and swing. A cricket song provided the only background music to the scene. As the temple's cat promised, there was an individual there in the garden, however, the low lighting left Kaji unsure if this person was the shinobi they were looking for. Kaji politely called to the stranger as he approached first; "Excuse us" were his chosen words. "My friends and I are looking for someone by the name of Hakuren; would that be you? My name is Kaji, and these are my junior associates... Megumi and Yama." He then made a light, cordial bow. "Perhaps we could steal a moment of your time, comrade?"

WC: 603

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“As I have stated, she is practicing her astral projection. So she might not respond to you right away. Give her some time for her soul to return to her body.” The cat says to the leader of the group who addressed the sacred flower. The black feline would then enter the Zen Garden and jump upon a large rock. She too will wait to see how her sister responds to their request.

Though Oniyuri stated Hakuren was practicing her astral projection, but that was only half of it. The reason for Hakuren to cast out her soul in the first place was so she could beseech one of the five spirits that inhabit this shrine. Tonight in another room her soul was requesting an audience with Kojoro, the wise fox. Kojoro was an expert at seals both cursed and sacred. Hakuren asks Kojoro to place a seal onto her soul in exchange for her eternal service. Even in death Hakuren’s soul will continue to serve her deity. Accepting the priestess’ request Kojoro places the desired seal onto her soul. One similar to the one on Hakurens back. While the seal on Hakuren’s back restores her life force, this one will restore her spirit. Placing a claw onto Hakuren’s souls she etches the seal. The seal of Hakuren’s back was brand and it hurt less then what was going on now. To have some cut into your very so was absolutely excruciating. If anyone them had the ability to sense ghosts, they would hear her screaming in pure agony.

Soon Hakuren’s body would come to life panting heavily for breath and grasping her right arm as if it was in pain. It was then she notices the people standing at the entrance to the gardens. “Ah I see we have visitors. What brings you to this shrine?” Before Kaji could repeat his request, the cat fills her in. “I thought one of you looked familiar.” She was of coarse taking about megumi. Through she did had some interaction with Yama, she never saw his face. “Oniyuri-chan, it is getting late. Please inform the other to place the necessary wards around the shrine.” Looking back to Kaji once more, “So my question stands. What brings you here to me?”

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This man was overstepping his bounds. Megumi glared at the man as he spoke to her in such a way. She merely came here for information, while he dragged death and violence to a place of worship. She wanted to point out his inconsiderate and hasty actions, but she looked at the man as she was on edge and was checking around the grounds. Whatever he and Yama had gottening themselves into, herself and the Yamanaka were involved as well.

She wanted to put the man in his place, but this was no time to squabble, amongst themselves. Shaking her head at the man who was telling her what to do. Reaching into her sleeve and pulling out a scroll, she would take out her puppets just incase. “ We'll argue about this later, but how about some context on what we’re dealing with”. Handing a few paper bombs to her puppets she would charge and place them around the entrances that Kaji took note of.

Following the man as they entered the peaceful zen garden, Megumi would look around and check any spots that could be used as vantage spot to attack from above. She could not take the time to admire the calming surroundings as this peaceful place would soon become the setting for a battle.

Looking to Hakuren as she sat there peacefully. Her family member mentioned that she was having an out of body experience, however her serein appearance soon changes as he comes back to her body and breathes heavily while clutching her arm. Megumi never seen such a violent astral projection side effect before, something told her that it was not a simple out of body experience.

Keji would introduce him and herself and Yama as junior assistants. While she was not working with the two, the situation had made it unwise to separate herself from the group. Hakuren would ask what brought them hear and the cat that had greeted them before spoke out about her. Looking at the cat and then back to Hakuren, perhaps she had been talking about her to her family. “ I came here for information on poisons, The Yamanaka are known for their skill in botany and i wanted to ask for some assistance in the field as it is not my strongest subject. However i do not think that is possible as my allies out of conflict seemed to have brought trouble”. Looking at Kaji and Yama she would let them fill her and everyone else in on their new danger thrusted upon them.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the trio gathered behind Hakuren to await the conclusion of her astral projecting, the back and forth between Kaji and Megumi reached an impassable brick wall. Once Kaji's interest shifted to their business with Hakuren, he phased out a rather understandable request for clarity from Megumi. She would understand soon enough, and Kaji did not want to spill sensitive information more than once in one evening. Instead, Kaji took the direction offered from Oniyuri and waited stoically for Hakuren to budge. Some call this turning the cold shoulder.

The young Kunoichi took Kaji's words to heart and surprised him by revealing some nifty toys; puppet creations much more advanced than the abundance of crude, pointy weapons she wore the last time he was in her company. She was progressing, at least that was Kaji's observation. Kaji had a reasonable doubt that the puppets alone would deter the Scorpions once they came, but they had a decent chance of serving as an early warning measure. In many senses, Kaji expected that she'd prove to be an invaluable friend to Yama someday.

The trio of shinobi and their cat-formed acquaintence witnessed as Hakuren's ritual approached its closing. Her physical form was trembling as her soul was enduring an inconceivable exchange beyond the perception of Kaji and the two students. Once this ritual concluded, Hakuren snapped back to reality and the toll of the procedure hit her instantly. However, as a fellow pragmatist, Hakuren tended to her present company, rather than resting on her laurels after the taxing experience. She essentially asked what they wanted, and Megumi was first to stake her own reasoning. Of course, it had to be a quest for knowledge. Once she said her piece, Megumi made an opening for Kaji to segway into the purpose of his part in their gathering. "It appears that your renown has attracted a small following, tonight" Kaji admitted, as a rare attempt at breaking the ice. "Indeed, we have also come seeking your praised expertise in toxic agents, however, the reason for our need isn't as convenient as obtaining general knowledge. We need you to take examine a pair of weapons for us, and tell us if you recognize anything about them."

Kaji got straight to the point and revealed the first of two hand-sickles from underneath the cover of his cloak. He approached Hakuren directly and presented a medium-sized curved blade smithed with composite steel, and trace amounts of mithril. It curved at an acute angle, made for slicing and ripping through targets, and had an upward pointing blade extending from the backside, designed to catch opposing weapons. It was heavy in the hand, and its handle was long and padded with green hide. The most notable aspect of the blade was a rune embedded in a notch at the hilt, made from a glossy stone with minuscule glyphs carved along its sides. "The blades were obtained from a nuke who managed to infiltrate our village and murdered two chunnin on patrol before we apprehended him. I was able to extract some information from the rogue before he triggered a silencing cursed seal at the base of his neck—now we're wearing what's left of his head." Kaji then revealed the second blade but examined it himself as he continued explaining. "The rogue was just a kid, but this is some pretty serious gear for a run of the mill, street urchin. He was pretty resourceful to make it so far into the leaf at his skill level, which suggests there may be moles at work, within our walls."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren stands from the spot she was sitting and transforms, “Name of the Lotus.” Her Name of the Lotus is an ability of the Sacred Flower, showing the true power of their Mentality. This ability allows the Yamanaka to convert their body into a form of their choosing created purely out of intangible chakra, with a glowing Halo of Flower Petals floating over their head. In this form, the user's mental capabilities are significantly increased, and they gain access to much more powerful techniques. However, unlike Name of the Rose the cost to this name is their own life-force.

Hakuren had wings like an angel and when she was first came into view she had them stretched out wide and they looked to be like veils of pure fire. Plumage of red, orange and yellow adorn her wings. The feathers shimmered in the light like a flickering flame. Her feathers were unique, though they looked like a birds upon closer inspection one would see not tiny little hairs sprouting from the stem but scales like that of a reptile. The scales were light but durable and were in a sense the armor to her wings. Now as she stands before the group tall and proud, she folds her wings into what looks to be a long flowing feathery cape. The wings however were not her only animalistic appendage she possessed. Behind her was a tail that was serpentine with yellow and orange fur stemming from its tip like a fine paintbrush. Its scales were like that of her wings. Her scales cover her arms, legs and clawed feet. Her torso is free of scales while her face only has a freckle like splattering of scales on an otherwise normal human face. The few glimpses of exposed skin are pale as if never seen the light of the sun. Her eyes are pure crimson, save for a black slit in the center, and a pair of thick draconic horns sprout from her forehead, arcing over her ruby-colored hair to point behind her. A halo of flower floats above her head like she would normally have in her Name of the Rose. Hakuren still wears her priestess outfit, but it seems to have been modified to accompany her new appendages in the transformation.

“Renown you say, but you know nothing of who I am; what I am. Do you?”
As she spoke to the man who dared lure such dangers to this shrine and place in which her family rests, her canines could be seen more pronounced and sharper than usual. This man did not only put his friends’ life in jeopardy, but also the lives of those she is the closest to. “I am the Sacred Flower that has not bloomed in over a hundred years and you treat me like some common member of my clan.” Yamanaka Hakuren, also known as The Sacred Flower, is probably the most famous Yamanaka in Leaf if not the country. Hakuren has reached a level of enlightenment that no Yamanaka has reached in over a hundred years. As an Enlightened Yamanaka she has access to some rather special abilities. Any member of this group of assassins would be foolish to attack this place while she inhabits it. “Forgive me for not feeling generous, but what pray tell do you plan on paying me with for my expertise?”

In her anger flowers begin to sprout out of the ground in full bloom. What once was a beach of gray sand was an ocean of flowers that mimics nightshade in appearance. Each blossom release a cloud of toxic pollen that fills the air. Like fireflies they sparkle and drift around in the air. The flowers scent was a sweet as honey; smelling it one could taste the sweetness on their tongue. Those who inhale this poison would find themselves in a drunken state; their sense would be impaired. This is a special type of flower that like to live in dark and damp places. The flowers also thrives on decaying organic matter, practically dead animals. Between the luminescent particles and sweet aroma, it lures many creatures. The poison makes them stay and eventually kills them. This is Hakuren’s Nightshade Fog. This is a kin to Cherry Blossom Typhoon. The cat that was no longer being possessed by Oniyuri was purring and rolling around the flowers like it was doped up on catnip. It looks like Megumi was going to get her lesson in poison, but just not in the way she would like.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaji would explain that he needed a poison to be identified. Kaji would take out two weapons that looked more like a fashion statement than an actual useable weapon. “ Hand me one of those”. Taking the poison laced weapon with her prosthetic arm. Looking at the design and the material used. “ What kind of a smith would use composite steel on a weapon, you use high carbon steel on weapons composite steel is for construction materials”. Taking a look at the edge that was lined with mithril. “ Why use such good material with such a garbage steel, it’s like they only had access to certain metal and they just had a smith make whatever they asked for”. Swinging the weapon and feeling how awkward it was. “ The handle is too long and was made along with the blade, it’s one piece. Going to tire yourself out and the blade is not balanced as you are using it with one hand”. Turning the blade and looking at the peice of metal jutting out an upward. “ Better hope your not planning on outright blocking with the weapon”. Megumi would hold the blade as how you would block while using two swords. Pushing on the blade the spike on the back of the blade would be dangerously close to her body.

Handing the blacksmiths nightmare back to Kaji, “ That kid was pretty good if he took out two chuunin with those abominations. The thing that bothers me though is that it is forged well and by someone who knows what they are doing. They must have something on the smith that forged this weapon as no smith worth there forge would make that”. Thinking about how there might be moles inside of the village, Megumi thought back to the surveillance mission she had done for the village. “ Actually i might have a lead to your mole, and i could investigate into how ships and trades metals. I will take awhile to filter through all of the manifest, but i doubt someone smuggled in mithril. Something that rare must've been reported as stolen and even if the merchant was involved they would most likely still report it as it would seem suspicious if the did not care about mission product”.

While Megumi was living more into the investigation Hakuren, had a less than productive reaction. Changing her form into some kind of human animal chimera, adorned with chakra and soft colours. Megumi could not blame Hakuren for her enragement at Kaji, but letting your emotions get the best of you when the danger could arrive at any moment was not wise.

Now blinded by anger, she sprouted flowers that released an intoxicating aroma and glittered in the evening air. Megumi did ask for a crash course in poison this was not watch she was expecting. The aroma had already began to affect her motor functions and if it persisted it would be the end of her and Kaji. Maybe to the poison or whoever was coming to hunt them down. Dropping her strings and slowly forming handsigns, being careful not to make a mistake as it would only be hard to recreate the actions the longer she was under the poisons influence. Finishing her hand sigh wind would blast out in all directions pushing the pollen and poison away from Yama,Kaji and herself. She had to keep the handsigh as the poison would just refill the area if she stopped. Speaking with a slight slur, “ Hakuren, attacking us and helping the enemy is putting your family more at risk”! Megumi would try and talk some sense into the enraged priestess.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The venom of the Black Scorpions was already spread deep into the roots of the hidden leaf and was now breaking down the common bond of several shinobi as their hunters crept in the shadows at dusk. A moment of curiosity and inspection between comrades and strangers quickly turned sour when the truth of their meeting was addressed. To Kaji's right, Megumi revealed a knack for insight with weaponsmithing and began speaking her observations on the second blade. And on Kaji's left, Yama seemed a bit more reserved since this incident began, and remained quiet and to himself. And directly in front of him, Hakuren found fury in the nerve of Kaji, who came to her when the enemies of the leaf were at his back.

Kaji remained steadfast and unswerving as the sacred flower of the Yamanaka bloomed, revealing her true colors with a determined transformation. Her humanly frame was morphing, and taking on the predatorial traits of lesser beasts from beyond the void. And with the taking of this liberated form, Hakuren's ire became a blade turned on her comrades, two of which were still mere saplings.

"Payment?" Kaji snapped the word back at Hakuren in disbelief when she spoke of compensation for inspecting the scythe. "A true shinobi doesn't concern herself with payment first when the security of the village is at stake... How dare you?" He was taken aback by her reaction, given the trouble he had survived on this long day, all from a chance encounter at the training grounds. The decision to bring her his burden was not a simple one to make, but her reaction left Kaji doubtful of his former expectations. "If your strength is as sacred as you claim, you shouldn't hesitate to aid comrades in need when we arrive at your doorstep."

A wave of chakra presence nourished the ground, producing a wave of rapid growth that transformed the arid sand pits into flourishing flowers and wild weeds. The temple grounds were quickly groomed into a natural trap sprung under the leaf shinobi, and they took precautions in the last moments of trying to talk things over before further escalation. Kaji fought his instincts, which felt like a tiny voice in his head, demanding that he act at once to prevent Hakuren from further endangering them all. The tiny voice knew that she might fill them full of toxins, even worse that the effect of those enchanted scythes if they broke the skin. But Kaji fought his instinct, and held up a single open palm, gesturing pacifism. "A league known as the Black Scorpions have been maneuvering around me and my pupil since we captured their first assassin, hours ago. They have been managing to erase evidence every chance they get and even intercepted the bodies of the assassin's first victims, the two chuunin." Feeling a nauseousness from the faint winds, Kaji raised a hand to his temple and pressed two fingers on a polygon-shaped shard tucked above his ear. The polygon glowed and then began to multiply as shards of light until a smooth textured, white oni mask took form over Kaji's face. The tool provided a useful feature in this instance, as the dizziness he experienced began to subside again. It would suffice, at least until she really tried to impair him.

"Please... stand down." Kaji made a last attempt at diffusing the ticking time bomb. "We attempted some diversion tactics to throw the hunters off our trail before we came here, but nothing is for certain." But then the timer went off, as a sensation of time slowing filled Kaji's perception, and the first zinging sound passed by. And then a second, as a long needle impacted once of the four shinobi. A large black dart with a feathered tail was sticking out of Yama's neck now, and he would have fallen aside in an instance as the sleeping dart's potion took hold of him. With a barrage of darts leading their assault, the assassins were upon the Leaf shinobi now, striking from the shadows!​

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Wait did you say The Black Scorpion?" She should have known that group was behind this. Hakuren would not need to look at the weapons to identify the poison for she supplied it. It was a poison of her own making and a pretty effective one at that. They should be coming for their next shipment anytime now. Hakuren was unsure if she could get rid of these subordinates before The Black Scorpion arrives. Though perhaps this man could help save her mother being held hostage. If only she had time to request his aid. Hakuren quickly writes a note onto a piece of paper, but before she could give it to him they had already arrived.

This was not good for The Black Scorpion does not like unwelcome guests to their secret dealings. Hakuren casts a jutsu the case the flowers around to exploded into a whirlwind of petals. Projectiles thrown into the maelstrom would not hit their targets. "I'll hold them off. Now run!" She would then give the anbu a forceful push while slipping the note into his shirt. Once they were gone she would then greet the leader of the squad.
Note said:
Konoha Library 2:45

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The situation had gone from bad to worse as the words and actions of Hakuren, had gained Kaji’s ire. While they both had made an error, Hakuren’s was greater and bordered on treason. I did not matter if he was endangering the lives of her family, attacking your allies out of warith is not the answer.

As Megumi focused on holding the pollen back. Kaji take the pacifist route, even though he brought violence to Hakuren’s home. While mistakes were, made they did not have time to make up and frolic in the poppy fields together. Who knows when Kaji’s new friends were going to show up.

As Kaji continued to try and reason with the almighty Yamanaka, he mentioned a name that caught her attention, The Black Scorpions. Thinking about what she had heard from the meeting with thoses that called themselves scorpions and the weapons that Kaji had. It was too much of a coincidence that two groups were operating under the guise of a scorpion. Suddenly everything fit together like a glove, but there were still a few more questions to be answered.

Hearing something that she wish she had not of heard. The way that Hakuren spoke of the group sounded as if she was i league with them. This was almost to good to be true, this was a detective's dream, the only thing better than this would be a confession.

A thump echoed through the garden, as Yama hit the ground like a sack of daikon. Seeing a dart in the shadow weaver announced the arrival of Hakuren’s business partners. The chimera gave the anbu a push and slipped something into his shirt while she told him to run. They were only after Kaji and Yama and Megumi had too many questions for the Yamanaka with a glowing chip on her shoulder.

Throwing smoke bombs around them, making raining down ranged attack on them near impossible. Hakuren then fired out a dazzling display of hundreds of petals at the enemy. While neither group could see each other visually, Megumi had a trick up her sleeve. String her puppets she would pluck her string and send out a wave of chakra, normally she would do this to cast a genjutsu. However it was just a simple chakra wave, using the sound wave as a radar Megumi using her support puppet and extends it’’s arm to latch onto one of the assassins. Dragging him back into the smoky cloud and setting up her offensive puppet to meet the man with a blade through the gut.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Black-Vein Scorpions Attack!
The last speck of sunlight vanishing on the horizon served as the signal for several executioners to take their marks. Swift moving shadows danced across the rooftops and backstreets, evading light and sight as they took aim at their targets from several vantage points. Each scorpion was shrouded by pitch black cloaks woven from spider-silk, and disappeared in the crevices of shadow surrounding the White Oak Shrine.

The leader of this seven-member strike team was the same squad captain who encountered Kaji and Yama during the efforts to reclaim the corpse of the failed initiate: Aoba Shikamatsu. The duo may have escaped the scorpions in the Forest of Death, but their path still looped back to a trap set for them at sundown. Everything had gone according to plan according to the Scorpion Agent who planted the spy in the medical corps, leading Kaji and Yama to another thorn in her client’s side: the Yamanaka Temple.

Nezumi Kozo, known in some circles as the rat, and many others as the Sword Thief stood at the center of the Black-Vein Scorpion’s ambitions. She loved the thrill of a fight and corralled several targets into one place for some routine house cleaning. In fact, the occasion was more like a hat-trick for the mercenaries. More than one competing noble clan would take a considerable loss if Nezumi’s battle party succeeded. “This scenario couldn’t be more ideal,” Nezumi said to herself as she watched the skirmish unfold from a nearby rooftop. The Leaf Shinobi were turned against each other, and now her strike team entered with a barrage of sleeping darts meant to pacify their targets with ease. If they were lucky, the night would be as simple as walking up to the incapacitated shinobi and slitting their throats; but only one of the targets fell in the first barrage. The boy with the shadow bind was a powerful asset to the opposition, and taking him out was a key move.

“Crush them” Nezumi confidently called her mercenaries to arms, and they swarmed the shrine’s garden from all angles, attempting to box in the three remaining shinobi. The leader then took one forward step, and another, gaining a foothold on her giant shield platform. Her hands came together in a performance of mudras molding her chakra, and the end product was a kaneton magnetic levitation Jutsu. The wide shield lifted off from the rooftop and delivered The Rat downward to the battleground where her the skirmish began. Some of the lesser skilled soldiers under Nezumi were already receiving stings from the Leaf Shinobi, but that was merely the price of doing business.​

- Nezumi Kozo [NPC] has entered the thread.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hell hath no fury like a Kunoichi's scorn.

Just as Kaji promised, a multi-sided offense was sprung on the leaf shinobi, and the enemies clad in obscuring black robes swarmed the premises with greater numbers than before. With Yama poisoned by one of the Scorpions' tranquilizing darts, Kaji was forced into a vanguard stance and performed three single-handed seals before triggering the summoning of his most trusted weapon: the mighty saber Eelspine. The glow of emeraldine chakra emanating through the storm of smoke was like a beacon of hope to the good, and it's power struck fear into the assassins attempting to reach through his guard with cowardly flanking attempts. "Come on Yama this isn't the time to take a nap" Kaji protested Yama's slumber, perhaps making light of a gruesome disadvantage placed on their rag-tag party.

A pair of black figures were upon Kaji then, and invaded the defensive zone he maintained opposite to Megumi, and even Hakuren, whom he elevated back to neutral status once their common enemy emerged. Between the three allies, they created a triangle invulnerable defense incapacitated Yama slumbering in the center. There was the ring of steel on steel as the black robes stormed Kaji, and their curved blades appeared from the shadows of their forms, which still seemed indefinite and hard to confirm. Their speed pressed him into forced blocking, as Kaji couldn't dodge them all with Yama exposed behind him. When one of the assassin's attempted to catch Kaji opposite of his guarded side, Kaji caught the motion from the corner of his eye, and crossed his blade closely across his chest, slapping the foes lunging strike with a close-calling parry. The diverted blade shot over Kaji's shoulder, and sparks flew as his sword cried when clashing against Eelspine's mithril blade. A force of illuminated chakra pressed the attacker back in a sharp burst, shaped in a crescent arc. The arc of chakra nearly sundered the assassin's pitch black cloak, and his body came rolling to a stop in the dust.

As the heat of battle grew in temperature, the catalyst of this skirmish, Hakuren, brushed against Kaji amidst the swarm of battle. It appeared that she would be more compliant in the future, though that did not seem for certain with a seemingly endless of shinobi in black were rushing their position. Hakuren passed Kaji a note, though he wouldn't have time to read it with the enemy buzzing about like a swarm of killer bees.

Once the attack was fully realized and her scorpions were embedded in the garden, the progenitor of the scorpions' assault revealed herself in the grandest fashion, boldly levitating into battle atop the same metallic disk she used to pursue them in the Forest of Death. The presence of her chakra felt oppressive and far-reaching, and the field of her floating shield was challenging Kaji's grip on Eelspine; the blade was dancing in his hand, and the equipment pouches on his waist were begging to free themselves from his belt loops. "This situation couldn't get much worse" Kaji relayed his discouragement to his reluctant companions, realizing that this trap was a bit more organized than the scorpions' desperate efforts to recover the body earlier that day.​

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Suddenly the Zen Garden became a war zone and woken up every Yamanaka that lived here. Needless to say the Hakuren was part of a rather large family with both immediate and extended family living in the temple. Shortly there would be an army of holy looking figures entering the fields of sand. Each one of them would cast a Body Mind Disturbance and paralyze every member of the Black Scorpion, but maybe the leader. What was once a battlefield, quickly became a garden of living statues. Hakuren gives and deep sigh and rubs her temples. “Enough, this is a place of worship and enlightenment. If you guys want to fight each other, we encourage you to take it off the premises.” Hakuren look at Kaji, but was actually speaking to the leader. “We can talk business at another time.” With any luck Hakuren’s mission would not turn into a complete failure.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Megumi finished the inactive assassin, two more would take their place. Throwing out her defensive puppet to feign a defense. As the two moved around her larger bulkier of the two thinking that it was setting up a defensive wall. Suddenly it grabbed one of their legs and her two other puppets closed in for the kill. While she took out the advancing forces, she was left open for their ranged counterpart. Looking up as she saw the assassins on the roof rain projectiles down onoto her position. Megumi could of swap herself out with an body switch jutsu, but she wanted to save that for a real threat. Stroking her stings and releasing powerful sound waves, she would deflect and change the projectile's trajectory and cause them to miss all around her. Looking back up at the ranged attack, they both understood there new situation. Playing a tune for her audience that wanted to get involved, her notes were to sharp as her music cut through her target audience.

Gaining some free time, to rest and think on her new move. Megumi was not impressed with what was sent at them. They should of went quality over quantity. Looking over to the assassin's leader. She found it odd that they were in the middle of the battle. Even if they were protected by a shield. Getting to her and pressuring her, would gain the attention of her underlings and turn the tide of battle.

Holding their ground, they were back to back in sense, forming a defensive positions around Yama. It was kind of like a phalanx in a way as they could not break position without endangering one another and Yama. They were rooted to their spot and it was only a matter of time till, their stamina give out or a lucky dart tagged one of them.

Hearing Kaji state how the situation could not get much worse, Megumi had to disagree. “ No it could, but they gave us an opportunity”. Megumi gaze would be focused on the shielded leader, taking her out would break the assassin's sprite more than their current moral at the sight of their comrades ever increasing body count. Taking out their leader would shatter their waving moral and spread chaos in their ranks.

As Megumi would ready herself for the next raid and volley, a pleasant surprise caught the assassins off guard. Watching as Hakuren’s family crawled out of the woodwork and quickly bound and halted the assassin’s assault. While Megumi did feel bad about spilling blood on sacred ground, she did not have a choice as she had to defend herself and Yama. The awakened priestess would look at Kaji though it felt as if her words were not for him.

Even if the Yamanaka momentarily halted the battle, Megumi had no qualms about taking the advantage that was given to her. The group would hear a loud crash followed by to screams coming from different directions. One was from a Yamanaka who felt a little of the pain before they disconnected, and the other was the assassins leader. Megumi had used her defensive puppet two crush her legs and arms. Not bothering to even explain herself, she would get the puppet to bring the disarmed leader near her and use her other two to methodically continue her throat cutting for the dead weight. It was good that Yama was asleep as he did not bear witness to Megumi’s cold and brutal natural, as she mercilessly ended the defenseless assassin’s lives as if she was sniffing out a flame.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back