Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

B-Rank Historical Research - Jashinism

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jashinism
Historical research
Kushin was seventeen when he was made Medical Chief. He placed a request for resources to go into the study of kinjutsu. They were a growing part of shinobi life and he desired its power, though not directly. It was the power of how to create it that he desired, a power which he felt would grant him power and the village strength.
The kinjutsu known as Jashinism was a strange one. He had grown up with several people who claimed to have been granted Jashin’s blessing. It was a troublesome thing, and they were notoriously long lived. Gaining access to one of these beings to conduct an autopsy and study was going to take time. Or something else.

A member of his clan renamed himself to Chigokai Kami after he began to lay claim to the powers of a god. He was strong, notoriously arrogant and Kushin couldn’t stand him. They were of close to the same age and Kushin quickly recognized the attributes associated with someone who was going to attempt to go missing and kept a close watch on the man. He could wait for his opportunity. He didn’t have to wait long.
Kami made his move and went to the gates where he walked calmly out. An ANBU approached him, Kushin followed about a hundred meters further back, following calmly, not even trying to hide his presence. The combat between Kami and the ANBU was short, the ANBU wasn’t expecting to combat what he was about to fight and Kami was skilled, Kushin knew that he himself was going to struggle with this battle.
His prey looked at Kushin and smiled mockingly “Come Kushin, I know of your jealousy. Come and understand the pain a god can bring, understand your own weakness.”

Kushin continued his approach in silence and then when they were only a few feet away he stopped.
You’re aware that your powers are merely a mutation of the Chigokai bloodline aren’t you?
Kami’s smile dropped a tiny amount “Don’t you insult god Jashin like this Kushin, you don’t want me mad.”
I’m not insulting him, I’m simply telling you what it is you have.

Kami cried out and brought his scythe around in an arc aimed at Kushin’s head, which Kushin ducked while forming seals. He knew that the obvious attack wasn’t the strength of his opponent, and the wall of earth which sprung up around him caught the second attack which came immediately after. Kushin stood and walked calmly from behind the wall to face his opponent.

You forget that I’ve studied your fighting techniques Kami, and yet you’ve never seen me fight. Kushin drew a scalpel and wielded it in his left hand. Kami watched for a moment “You’re a fool. Jashin isn’t simply a variation of Chigokai, how do you explain his abilities being founded in other bloodlines.”
Kushin launched forward sweeping the small blade in an arc before making multiple stabs at his enemy. Kami blocked and dodged easily, bringing his own attack as he regained some confidence “You see, your attacks are nothing. You’re barely above Chuunin level aren’t y-“
Standing straight Kushin dropped his blade, but Kami couldn’t move to attack, frozen in his position his eyes moved about, and Kushin could sense his fear. He knew what this jutsu was, he should, it was a technique of their joint clan.

Kami. You’re a fool. Just because you believe that to unlock the powers of Jashin under my theory you’d need to be of the Chigokai clan doesn’t mean that that’s what I mean. You have a man who is believed across the world to be a god, clearly he travelled. He probably sowed his seed in many clans before he died. Perhaps his ego is a strand of his dna. It would explain the reason why all you Jashinists believe yourselves to be beyond death. Let me demonstrate how weak you are.

Kushin raised two hands, a rasengan forming in each, then one burst into flames while the other took on the wind aspect. Moving forward he joined them and they erupted into a conflagration witnessed only a few times before, engulfing their target.

When the dust settled Kushin could be seen dragging two unconscious bodies back to the hospital. The ANBU and Kami, the poor Chigokai Jashinist who didn’t recognize he was as mortal as anyone else.

These were the results of his testing.

Origins: Unknown, though I have theories regarding this. I believe that back in the days of Raiden, when the chakra arts were new and the abilities of different clans were hailed by many to be godlike in power. The Chigokai Clan of Lightning Country may have produced a son great in power who walked the earth and made a name for himself as an immortal. The Chigokai are known for their long lives due in no small part to their control over blood. The abilities of a Jashinist could well have been formed by this man who taught them to his followers. Abilities which without his kekkei genkai he would never have managed to create.

This is all a matter of opinion however and there is no evidence to substantiate this claim.

Known Abilities: Those who follow the path of Jashin are known to lay claim to many things. Immortality being the one which incites the most intrigue.
In battle they are seen to rely on symbols and drawing blood from their enemies. They use this blood to create a bond of sought between themselves and their enemy. All evidence shows that they can only target a single individual with these arts, however there is no reason why some may have managed to move past this barrier and are capable of more. Once they have consumed their opponent’s blood many consider that this is the end of the battle.

Many Jashinist have trained their bodies to endure attacks which would otherwise fell a normal shinobi. It is either this or their faith alone allows them to do so. In either case if a Jashinist has drawn an enemy’s blood and consumed it they may use, what they refer to as, a curse on their opponent. There are many curses though I am unsure just how many there are or all their effects. The general theme seems to be that anything that happens to the Jashinist can be used against their opponents.

This causes many issues for combating the Jashinist. If you cause damage to them you are potentially causing that damage to yourself. If you remove their ability to attack you as well as usual they seem capable of having this perform the opposite result. So in addition to their attacking and wounding you, the wounds you cause them can reflect back. This is one of the many skills attributable to the Chigokai clan and is part of why I believe the two are related in history.

Autopsy results: A Jashinist is not immortal from a wounds category. They can still be killed like anyone else. Their body has very little difference from that of an ordinary shinobi of the same clan or bloodline, though there are some very specific differences.

A chakra network, more enhanced than those in others, is laced around the stomach and even reaching up the throat. This would seem to be to allow the Jashinist to link their own chakra flow with an opponent’s. The chakra acts like an intestine mixed with a Hyuuga’s ability. When activated it withdraws the chakra of the contents, after consuming someone’s blood it’s the opponents chakra. This enables the link between the two.
How to combat: The best means to combat a fighter who is using abilities similar to the Jashinist would be to not allow yourself to bleed. This leads to a further issue of identifying them from another shinobi. The only suggestion I can come up with in this regards is to get them talking. They will likely speak about how they are immortal, and attempt to attack with a sharp weapon.

Word Count: 1348

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back