Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back Again (Haru/PM to join)

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“This should do it..” Gin stated as she paid the owner, and stood in line longer as she opened the top of the coffee cup despite the complaints from others in line. “Strongest stuff you have..?” A large inhale through the nose confirmed it. “I guess this will do..”

“It’s about damn time lady. You shinobi think you—“ A gruff, stout old man began only to be interrupted by the young kunoichi woman.

‘I don’t know what his problem is.. I’ve only been standing here for a couple minutes at best.’

“Then again, you have pastries too, right?” She interrupted the man with a small half grin; “Can you describe them for me? I’m not quite the pastry connoisseur.” A heavy sigh from behind her indicated, she had gotten her desired effect. “Actually . . . I’ve got somewhere to be, so never mind. The coffee is fine, thank you.”

With a deliberate glance to the person behind her, she smiled sweetly. “Be cautious what you say and who you say it to. Not all of us are so kind.” Leaving on that note, she brought the cup to her mouth and took a long sip. "Have a nice day!"

As she exited, Gin found a decent sized seating area somewhere near the center of the Susukino District, and sat at a bench overlooking a large fountain. It was morning and not yet at peak activity in the area yet, so few were in the area just yet. To her surprise, there were children up. 'At this hour? Crazy kids..' They, like many, were mesmerized by the fountain. Coins shone and sparkled off the water from the bottom, glinting enchantingly with promise. 'They're just wasting their time, and their parents money.'

At one time, she had been one of those children. The one wish she made... "I remember it like . . ."

Just as she brought the cup for another sip something flew towards her, knocking the cup out of her hand and sending it straight for her lap. “Well shit…” She chuckled, and looked down at her feet to see a ball rolling away; a soccer ball. “Weren’t we here when…”

Gin kicked it up and dribbled it on her head, as a group of academy students came up shyly avoiding eye contact completely.

"We're really sorry.." One began.

"Like hell I was, I was aiming for that.." Chimed another, looking up indignantly.

"Oh stop it, it was stupid luck. You're just stupid, stupid." Came the final student.

The woman let the ball drop to her feet, and rested her foot on it. "Tell you what. You let me borrow this for a bit, and it never happened. That sound alright?"

"Fine. Just for a little while though! You better not try and steal it!" Came the first.

"Never." She grinned, and kicked it up.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru was strolling by the fountain observing a group of Academy Students that he vaguely recognized as younger than him play soccer. The ball ended up hitting an older women’s coffee out of her hands and she started dribbling it with admirable skill.

"Tell you what. You let me borrow this for a bit, and it never happened. That sound alright?"

Haru chuckled to himself, she obviously wasn’t too angry about spilling her coffee. I wonder what she needs a soccer ball for. Haru questioned in his mind. Better look into this. He gave the matter a joking importance. He didn’t have anything better to do after all. He watched as the students began to drift away watching the women with the ball from a distance.

Silently approaching from behind as the Women kicked the ball up; most likely about to dribble it on her head again Haru jumped and lashed out a foot attempting to intercept the pass. He made contact and the ball lofted up heading a few more feet away from where he and the girl were standing. He dashed toward the ball trying to keep it in his possession.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
How interesting, she thought, as quiet steps crept up from behind her; they were obviously still training and a bit sloppy in their approach. The  ball went spiraling upward and made contact with the foot of a young boy. He couldn't be much older than an academy student, possibly even a Genin. 

Her weight shifted and she propelled herself forward, hopping over a  vending cart and kicking the spherical object away in one fluid motion. It rolled to a gentle stop as they came to a standoff. "I don't know where you thought you were going with that kid," Gin chuckled, hopping onto the ball and balancing atop it with one foot. "But you're going to need to do better than that if you want to keep this away from me." 

"You got that?" She smiled; hell she knew a particular Santaru who was pew pewing lightning bolts around rampantly, just to get a damn ball. When you were a child of shinobi blood, the boundaries of your every day playground games didn't amount to much. A lesson these children should learn much sooner than later. "Now surely your senseis have taught you more than this?"

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I don't know where you thought you were going with that kid, but you're going to need to do better than that if you want to keep this away from me."

"You got that?" She smiled "Now surely your senseis have taught you more than this?"

Haru’s lips turned into a small smile as the older shinobi jeered him on, she was his superior physically without a doubt. I’ve never been taught much about chasing a ball around, but I can tell you all the elements. Haru sarcastically chimed back.

He took a few running steps before diving over the cart the women had hopped over, then he rolled as he hit the ground and sprung up standing a few feet away from the women with the ball, he took a glance over at the confused kids who were probably just joining the Academy, Haru would be a Genin soon and he foolishly felt superior to them.

Haru raised his eyebrows at the women and concentrated his Chakra into his hands. Lightning Clap he spoke as he clapped his hands together sending several lightning bolts out towards the women. Oh yeah, my Sensei’s taught me a little bit of fun stuff also.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Good. Good. But chasing a ball around can add an element of fun." What did he have in mind? A glint of mischief and then a look of absolute concentration told the ANBU she best prepare. It was interesting to see someone so young and with little experience, show such confidence and.. moxy. Gin could remember those days; though she had never been near as confident as this kid. 'He will be one to watch in the future.'

The boy clapped his hands together and with it came a barrage of "tiny sparks" 'Oh, he means business.' She remained still in concentration, going through a string of signs to release a strong gust of wind (Wind Release); able to disperse some most of the bolts. "So they have.." Gin stated blandly, unimpressed, and stepped back down from the ball. 'But what will you do if...' Should Haru succumb to her will (Verse of Darkness), his vision would slowly begin to fade. Lines would blur together, colors would fade, until finally his vision could be totally lost for a time; unless of course, he figured a way to overcome it.

She kicked the ball back behind her and smiled, unmoved from her spot.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"So they have.."

The woman easily blocked his attack and then his vision began to fade. First it just melted then the color was gone until he was completely blind.

What the fuck, Haru was aware it was genjutsu but breaking it was still quite a challenge, he willed himself back to hazy vision and shot a random lightning bolt at where he thought the women was. Then he thought of a better idea.

(electrocution) He sent lightning through his body into the ground towards the mysterious woman while his vision slowly came back into focus.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Cursing in realization, the boy seemed to take the disadvantage quite well; even possibly coming to the conclusion he was in fact under the influence of a genjutsu. 'Clever, clever boy.' Her mind wandered to the days when she was his age again; this was how she and Moro had first met, just children then. A wave of nostalgia, accompanied an overwhelming sense of bitterness and the sadly underwhelming feelings of happiness.

As she watched the student afflicted with such confusion at the situation he had waltzed himself into and contemplated his further plan of action, she no longer could see the dark haired, violet-eyed Haru. 'I can see every scar. Every last one...'

Soft, indistinguishable whispers crowded her already heightened senses. They grew louder and more deafening, as a sense of dread struck.

At that very moment, she hissed with rage, as one of Haru's bolts hit her right arm; bringing her back to the situation. During her time thinking on other things, she had not only lost track of his movements, but also had let her control on him slip. Now that he had heard her, she knew she had to act fast. She kicked the ball towards him, and hopped back just in time to avoid the tendrils of electricity sparking from underneath her.

"I think it's time you take the playing field, no? You think you can get that past me?"

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman seemed to lose focus for a second, just long enough for a lightning bolt to strike its target doing a small amount of damage.

She kicked the ball to him "I think it's time you take the playing field, no? You think you can get that past me?"

Haru popped the ball up and juggled it lowly on one foot while he surveyed his options. It’s fair to assume she has nearly every advantage, better nin, tai and gen jutsu’s, superior speed and agility, I’ll have to fork her. Give her the option of saving the ball and taking a shock, or being safe from lightning and letting the ball go. I’ve got it, I can use Electrocution to charge the ball with electricity for a short period of time when I get there then blast a kick a few steps away from her.

Haru quickly put his plan into action, concentrating all the electrons in his feet dribbling the ball towards the woman. His eyes began to glow at the use of his ability and he hoped that wouldn’t tip the girl off, he wasn’t sure how familiar she was with his clan.

When he was getting closer to the woman in his way he blasted a kick that would be an impressive save, than if she did impressively save it, it would deal her some damage, and possibly ‘stun’ her. Hoping it stunned her then he would be able to quickly dash in and nudge the ball past her.

WC:255
mft

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He's thinking... But what was he thinking exactly? The muscles in her injured are spasm and ache, and a small compact area of her skin became a mixture of reddish purple. It had been a direct hit, and for that reason she smiled. He was well attuned with his elemental abilities, so far. She crossed her arms in front of her and tapped her foot impatiently. Well? Suddenly it clicked, and he formulated his plan; and a smart one at that. She knew the sparkling eyes of the Santaru, very well in fact. Moro...

Her thoughts went to her old friend again, only this time, she did not lose herself in memories. She knew exactly what her next action should be, and fully expected for the kid to be either caught completely off guard, or turn it around to his favor again. This may hurt a bit... While making her way towards him, wind developed around her left hand (Pressure Burst), causing it to look blurred in appearance. They were close now, and just before kicking at the ball, she thrust that hand forward into Haru's chest.

Not long afterward, she made contact with the ball, sending a shockwave throughout her body as the ball rolled somewhere off to the right of their small playing area. She gasped, and held her knees, trying to regain her wits. "You okay, kid?" Asked Gin, who was unsure of whether she had hit him or not, with only a small hint of pain noticeable in her voice. Oh, but did it hurt.. even a weaker technique still hurt.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Haru triumphantly kicked the ball towards it’s mark Gin used a pressure burst on him and sent him flying back a few. Fuck. was all Haru could think while he was opening his eyes. There was a hint of pain in the woman’s voice "You okay, kid?"

For someone who just took a ton of increased air pressure to the chest, I’m all right. Nothing broken or fractured I don’t think; Just a little beat up. How about you? Haru could tell the shock had gotten her, though he had no clue if it was causing her any pain at all. Either way the battle wasn’t a complete loss, he just a Genin held his own against a superior, even if it was just for a little while. He landed a hit on her too.

How about we call it quits for a bit and talk. I’m Haru of the Santaru clan, Cloud Genin and aspiring Medical Ninja. Who did I just have the pleasure of battling, if I may ask?

Haru stood up moaning as he did so to take a few steps towards the woman and hold his hand out to help her up. Damn, wind hurts. was all he could think at the moment.

As the pain began to subdue a little Haru jarred his memory for any previous siting of the woman he had just fought but came up with nothing. This was going to be a curious conversation. He could tell he was way out of his league in that last battle. She must be pretty highly ranked.

WC:270
mft

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gin lifted her head slightly from the ground beneath, and laughed, shooting him a wry grin as he spoke up. "Good, good. I knew you could handle it." The pain began ebbing away slowly, but it still hurt some. Electricity was electricity, no matter how weak it hurt; her tolerance level was just a bit better then his was for a time. "Yeah I'm okay. You got a good couple of hits in." Putting her weight on her elbows, she sat up some, to watch as the boy stood up carefully; it was important she examine him for pain herself, because her aim was certainly not to severely injure the kid. Satisfied with her inspection and his answer, she nodded in agreement as he suggested they just talk.

Graciously, she took his hand and pulled herself up. "Thanks Haru-kun. You put up a good fight for a genin." Gently, she patted him on the back in a friendly display of approval. Looking around, she sighed as a small group of people had been watching from all vantages. 'Ha, you have proof you gave me a run for your money, ne?" Amused by the thought, she finally introduced herself to the young genin. "Hoshiko Gin, Kunoichi of Kumogakure at your service."

He moaned in discomfort, and she got an idea. "Hey, why don't we talk over some ice cream or something? My treat, whatever you want." She chuckled. "Well, within reason."

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hoshiko Gin, Kunoichi of Kumogakure at your service." The boy let the name seep into his brain when she announced it. It had a familiar note, but Haru was sure this was the first time he had seen the woman.

"Hey, why don't we talk over some ice cream or something? My treat, whatever you want." She chuckled. "Well, within reason." That sounds good right now, Haru thought to himself. Though he wasn’t a boy anymore he would never grow out of his love for ice cream. Well, if you’re buying how can I say no. Haru replied while looking up Gin’s eyes.

While the two walked down the path towards an ice cream shop close by Haru began to formulate a few questions to ask Gin. Hey Gin, what branch are you part of? And how old are you? You have to be at least a Chuunin, what was your Genin exam like? Haru had taken a liking to his new companion. She held back in the fight and still managed to hurt the boy. Haru liked the way she talked during the battle, egging him on with a sort of cockiness similar to Haru’s. Sorry for all the questions.. He threw in at the end.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Exactly." You can't. Who, that was in their right mind, could down an offer like that? She felt both, the boy had earned it, and she had developed a sudden craving for something sweet which needed to be addressed. The ball was retrieved again by its rightful owners, and they were off, making conversation as they went. Well, Haru was doing a lot of talking. By the end of it, he seemed a bit discouraged, and she promptly replied in an effort to ease his mind.

"You should not be sorry for asking questions. People who aren't afraid to ask questions, make for great thinkers and scholars. Should you continue with your quest to become a Medical Ninja, that will become one of your best assets. Many can learn the techniques. Hell, even I can learn the techniques. But unless you ask questions, and continue to ask questions... you will always be simply a subpar Medic. Even a subpar Sennin. No one person will ever know everything there is to know. Remember that." With a sigh, she rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Lecturing aside, Lets see, where do I begin..?"

Her eyes danced mischievously, "Well first order of business, young man. If you want to get anywhere with people of my... demographic. You shouldn't ask for ages. And if you do, certainly make it more subtle, ne?" She teased him, as she thought of what she should do about her branch. Normally, she kept her association with the ANBU very close to her. Not many knew much about her, and not many knew her true profession. The ANBU corps had become her life. Had Haru not already shown clear interest in the medical branch, she might have mentioned it to see if he had some interest there. However, for his best interest and hers, she couldn't bring herself to do it. It pained her to lie to this boy in particular; why, she wasn't quite sure. But that was the only option here. "I am a Chuunin, soon to be Jounin hopefully. As for my genin exam... well... honestly it really wasn't an exam. It just happened. Quite some time ago, there was an attack on our Academy. A corrupt sensei. Myself and a group of other students helped to take him down. The guy was a total nut, so his rank really didn't help him much." Giggled Gin in conclusion.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The lecture from Gin was one to remember, asking questions is a good way to better oneself. On top of that Haru wanted anything but to be subpar. He strives for greatness and accepts nothing less. Gin carried herself and spoke in a certain way to Haru that he liked. She felt almost like an older sister he had never had. He did feel like the younger brother also, learning form her every word and following behind her like a duckling.

Haru listened to each of his questions be answered. She was like he predicted a Chuunin, she didn't answer him on the branch, but he decided to ignore it and not push the issue at the moment. They just met after all. Haru grinned as they approached the ice cream place. Following Gin inside they approached the counter with many different flavors of Ice Cream. Haru looked down at them like a little boy, her finally made his decision and looking up at the smiling lady behind the counter he ordered May I have 2 scoops of Green Tea ice cream. This was a flavor that caught Haru's eye though he had never ordered it before. He took a few steps then waited for Gin to order. Once they were at the table he would pipe up So, defeated your Sensei to become Genin, intense. My class got sent into a forest to find notes, they were either good ones, or they exploded on contact. After we finished, it turns out it was just a huge Genjutsu and the three Sennin were watching the entire time. The proctor spoke about my ambition and how I was most likely to go missing in my class. Haru was sort of proud of the part about being likely to go missing, He wanted to be known as a powerful Shinobi in every village, someone who was feared by his enemies, if it took going Missing to get known and eventually place his own government in order, then maybe that's where his future will lead.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I want a chocolate ice cream cone. Just one scoop though~." She reached in a small coin purse attached to the belt loop of her pants, and slid enough money to cover both orders across the counter, as well as a small tip. "That should do it." With her purchase in hand, she sat across from Haru. "Green Tea, ne? Good choice, but a bit of an odd one for someone your age, I would say." The boy was eager to talk, immediately chiming in after her; she listened intently as the boy rambled on about his own genin exam. The comments his proctor had given concerned her, especially as there was a noticeable amount of pride in his voice. Perhaps I am just imagining it.. Since there was really no reason for her to think any more of it, she pushed it to the back of her mind for something to keep in mind for later as he matured. Even as an ANBU, I can't just jump to conclusions.

Smiling, she nodded. "I see. Ambition is good. We need ambitious men and women in our ranks. However, it is important not to lose sight of our purpose as a unit and village with that ambition. Without purpose, it is easy to wander and forget what is most important in the process..." There had been a time she had considered running herself, in the days before Santaru Rin's reactivation as Sennin; a side of her knew that most had at some point pondered the idea. But those who were actually stupid enough to go through with it. Traitors...

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I see. Ambition is good. We need ambitious men and women in our ranks. However, it is important not to lose sight of our purpose as a unit and village with that ambition. Without purpose, it is easy to wander and forget what is most important in the process..."

Haru licked his ice cream as he thought about ambition. Well, ambition is dangerous I think. If you have enough ambition is strays your views of reality. He thought about what it’d be like to go missing and then overthrow all leadership in Lightning Country. Lightning country first, the world next. He would twist the world into his own creation where everyone could be equal. He would use whatever tools he needed. Betrayals, fear, trust anything it takes to rule. Haru would try to play fair and rise to power through the system, but Haru had never believed in the system and didn’t intend too.

Hey, whatever’s best for Kumo y’know, I’ll give my life, but why? Haru sarcastically mumbled. It was true enough why was Haru risking his life for his village, he had no reason’s, that was his biggest problem. He took another big lick of his ice cream and looked up at Gin. Why do shinobi protect our village?

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back