Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Balancing the Books

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1684701199523-jpeg.2343
A spider crept from the high walls and down the side beams. Its purpose and destination were completely unknown to the pair of black eyes observing its behavior. The village was filled with fun activities and events tonight. Some strange festival to commemorate a simple calendar day. It’s true meaning lost to time but people simply needed a reason to engage in unnecessary social rituals. Perhaps, Sakura could find pleasure in observing them. Observations for the sake of research would give real purpose to these meaningless festivals. Although, the raven haired genius preferred dissecting. It was literally Sakura’s first night here at HQ. No duties or assignments just yet. Just a mask and orders to get comfortable. The old barracks made it easy to do so. Getting settled in with her personal belongings only took a few hours. She traveled lighter than most. With her free time she would make like the spider and crawl from her dark dwelling and into the unknown. She made her way to the hidden library. Perhaps it was moot to call it that considering that the entire Anbu complex was hidden. The library wasn’t hidden at all. Although it was Just another room, to Sakura, it was the most interesting. As expected, it was the least populated. Another appealing trait. She’d make her way down the isles. There was no shortage of information and scrolls. Sakura eventually stumbled upon the bingo books. Her arms already over cumbered with interesting reads. Somehow she managed these as well before making her way to a table.

[mft]

Attachments

• IMG_0999.png
    IMG_0999.png
    764.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 1684701199523.jpeg
    1684701199523.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 281

Eichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He found his way to the path that led to the library. One would only find their way here if they knew where they were going. Such a site seemed almost hidden from the rest of the village, and it seemed only those with clearance could access the area. ”The perfect spot.” The boy said to himself. He was a bit tuckered out from the festivities and fun from outside. He actually managed to win a few prizes, but he ended up giving the rewards to the kids that were a bit younger than him. Always putting others before himself.

While out exploring the village on such a holiday, he found himself entering the ANBU HQ. It was quite the place, and it was a great opportunity to get to know the base of the village officers. Upon recieving his ANBU in Training title of the village, he would see fit to aiding others when he could while off duty. But he wanted to know what there was to do while on duty. What type of affairs would he embark on while serving his people. This is why he was excited to find the library containing books upon books of information.

Eichi’s slumber came upon him unexpectedly. The ANBU HQ offered so much material to brush up on. It would take him months, maybe even years to skim through all of the books. A few that he picked up this day was about different ANBU techniques, old missions that were documented, and even some books about what lay beyond the village gates.

As footsteps echoed through the halls and ring in his ears, the boy gave a yawn and glanced at the girl that passed him by. She seemed to be his age, maybe another that was new to the rank of ANBU? His memory of the students that were in the Academy with him was a bit off today, maybe because he was still recovering from his slumber. He gave another yawn, watching as she moved over to the bingo book area.

’There’s no way she can face the villains listed within that book.’ If he remembered correctly, most of those listed within the book were deemed as killers. It was intriguing to see her pick it up however. With this thought, Eichi found himself making his way over to the girl with his hands in his pockets.

”You don’t plan on taking them on alone do you?” His voice came across in a clam manner, but one could hear the hint of interest in his voice. ”May I join you?”

WC: +400 | mft

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1685254529559.png
Sakura noticed the boy almost immediately. For her, subtle movements were hard to miss. The gaping hole, inhaling and exhaling deeply was another matter entirely. He'd actually yawn twice before making his way over to Sakura's table. Her deep black eyes would not break away as she watched him the entire time with intense eye contact. Although it was unintentional, she'd make this interaction as painfully uncomfortable and awkward as humanly possible. It was just how she was. He would manage a snarky ice breaker; however, Sakura was more impressed that he approached at all. Such an act was unprecedented. Sakura rarely had to deal with social interaction. Her blank stare and gloomy aura were a natural people repellent. Perhaps, the societal pest were building up an immunity. Sakura would fold her arms and remain seated, "Underestimate me. That will be fun." Still starring intensely at the boy, she began to wonder what the two had to gain from francization. She honestly had no qualms with him joining her. Although the feint smell of fun and activities lingered on him, his attire was aesthetically pleasing at least. She was found of the color black. Still, Sakura would not answer his him immediately. When he asked to join her, she would let him stand or sit of his own accord while she held eye contact for an uncomfortable amount of time. She would also let the silence linger a bit before finally speaking, "You may join me. At your own peril." Mind you, she was still holding intense eye contact as if waiting for sudden movement. In truth, she was just unsocialized and unfamiliar with the ends and out of social interaction. Like everything else, she would approach this using the scientific method. Her books laid unevenly to the side as one slid off of the other onto the table. Yet, she was unflinching.

1685284302671.png

[mft]
[ooc: Thanks for joining]

Last edited:

Eichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eichi would wait on an answer, starring back intensely at the girl. Her stares nor the awkward silence didn’t shake him, as a matter of fact, looking into the girl’s eyes gave him some precept about her. ’Studying a new face, not afraid to get her point across.’ What really stood out is when she said he could join her at his own peril. He wondered the risk, but kept his mind open.

”Hmm, ok.” He sat down, breaking eye contact for a moment to pull out his seat. Afterwards, he looked back into her eyes. He noticed the book slipping onto the table, but the books didn’t move him.

”What makes sitting with you so risky?” Eichi would ask, still intrigued by the girl. He wondered if his assumptions about her were correct.

(( No problem, this looks interesting so I decided to stop by ^^ ))

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1685471118943.png
Despite the warning label I issued, the dark haired boy took a seat. Interesting. He was full of questions. Questions about me and my intentions. However, the more interesting questions withheld, were the ones he did not ask explicitly. Prevalent and implicit in his choice to sit with me and engage in the interlocking of one’s gaze, he asked away. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. As he starred intensely back into my window, I wondered what thought of the vacancy. Once again, I decided against answering questions that did not interest me, “You should know, curiosity killed the cat. But for awhile, I was a suspect.” I finally reach for the bingo book he committed on previously. Flipping through the pages, I noticed that the majority of the criminals were S class felons and many of them nuked from this very village. He wondered if I would be facing these criminals alone. In truth, I haven’t given it much thought. I’m a loner. I have always been a loner. But not by my choice. A quick skim, and I’d place the book face down before locking eyes with him once more. I’d decided to share my reasoning with him but introductions were in order. Begrudgingly, I permitted myself to standing on ceremony, “My name is Orochi Sakura. I’m a first year Anbu in Training. We should start with introductions. Or has this village not discovered decorum?” I could tell that he was analyzing me, in much the same way that I was analyzing him. To that respect, I’d relax my shoulders and refrain from crossing my arms. A little tip I picked up from a depressing self help book. However, I draw a hard line at smiling…

1685482707263.png

[mft]

Last edited:

Eichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
’Curiousity killed the cat. What an interesting quote to say at such a time. Is that her way of saying that getting to know her comes with a risk?’ A small smirk appeared on his face as she reached for her book. There was just no getting to this one, but he liked that about her. She seemed to be a bit older, but not by much. Seemed wise, but it’d take patience to get to know about her. She seemed to be into the bingo book. The thought of facing such opponents gave the boy a strange vibe. Would the village really be able to train them to overcome such situations? As she put the book down and looked back to him, he figured he had her interest. Maybe it was because of his friendly demeanor.

He was surprised to hear her give her name and rank.

”Sakura hmm. Nice to meet you Sakura-Chan. I’m Eichi of the Saito Clan. Like you, I’m a first year ANBU in training… hmm… ANBU hopeful if we’re speaking about the future.” He rubbed his chin as he said that last part. He denoted that that’s where he wanted to head in life. He came to such a commitment when he realized he could make a change in other’s lives, so why not aim to become a better him? ”I didn’t decide to join the force on my own, but being an ANBU means loyalty and being an aid to others. Maybe even change a few lives. But I don’t need an identity because of the works I accomplish.” He rolled his eyes as he shrugged. ”All for the greater good and yada yada.” He didn’t want to sound cliché, but that was his true aim. Why become a great if you could do great without having a title attached?

Placing his eyes back on the girl, his stare went unfazed as he began to study her eyes. ”So was being an ANBU your choice, or are there “ulterior motives” as to why you’re on the force?” He air quoted the ulterior motives words, unsure if one would share such a thing in the first place.

[ MFT | WC: +250 ]

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1685853729327.png
I remained quite as he went on about the beginnings of his hero arch. He wanted to help people and change lives, how quaint. The BINGO book beneath my palm harbored many names from this village. To think, more than a handful of these shinobi were as naive as this one. Who knows, perhaps he too would find himself amongst the names and faces of nukes. He took a chance and sat with me, so I'd say his chances of going missing increased by 30 percent. Now, the conclusion of his monologue was at hand, he had asked me an interesting question. Did I have an ulterior motive for joining the force. Of course. I wasn't performing my civic and patriotic duty out of the goodness of my blackened possibly absent heart. Changing lives and helping others barely hangs at the bottom of the totem pole. But that's not quite what he was asking. I began to wonder what assumptions he had made about me within this small window of interaction. Perhaps I would find out. Folding my arms once more, I'd reply sternly to address the Yobisute behavior, "It's Sakura-san." I figured it was best to establish boundaries early in our interactions. After all, we had only just met. Much too early to be so familiar if ever at all. "Perhaps, I may have a lengthy tale of woe that guided my steps here, involving an academy fire, the mortal injury of fellow classmates, a failed genin exam, and a life-or-death game of hearts. And maybe, I do have an ulterior motive for joining. But if I told you that, I'd have to kill you." Such things were usually said in jest; however, I lacked the charisma to land a proper punchline. "I believe it is my turn to ask some questions. Have you read the BINGO book? I only skimmed, however, from what I could tell, the majority of the outlaws originated from this village." It was almost as if this village was a breading ground for degenerates and psychopaths. My kind of paradise.

1685853691001.png

[mft]

Last edited:

Eichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eichi was left speechless when she mentioned her Academy days. ’A fire at the Academy?’ He was at a lost for words. He could feel the blush on his cheeks. He gritted his teeth, trying not to show his aww.

He caught a grip as he was asked if he’d read the bingo book. With a skirmish laugh he closed his eyes as he regained his composure. ”I saw the criminals’ pictures, read what they’ve done, and I know most of them are to be killed on sight.” He held a finger up as though it helped his clarification on the criminals. ”You know, they have their own stories as well. Some probably left because they were Lonely. They started something within the village and left after leaving their mark. Some were probably angry. I can even believe some left by mistake. Living life too fast and they end up regretting their rescission. Those are the ones you have to be careful of.” Of course he’d look it over again in his spare time. But what stayed on his mind was the girl’s Academy days. They sounded a bit more interesting than his to say the least.

”As for your history in the Academy… would it frighten you if I were to say I’m ready for death? There’s not much that I fear in this world, and who knows what’s to come after death.” His expression and tone had now become rather serious. This conversation now had touched one of his favorite subjects. He could go on for days, and he probably was going to. ”Death is just another obstacle that we face when we reach the end of our lives. Worrying about how we get there is just stress trying to wear us down until the hour has come. If death isn’t accepted, one fights until they reach the point in their life that they realize that it’s something their ready for. But, there is the notion that one could obtain eternal life.”

He nodded, sure of himself as he continued on. ”I believe that one could reach that point by accepting death, and seeing what the afterlife has to offer. I don’t believe we experience true death, but we stumble upon something that brings us to a heightened sense of reality. Something that transforms the wisdom that we once had into something unexplainable. Of course it’s unexplainable because no one can share such a thing if their human body dies. I believe in spirits, and only a few have the ability to interact with them. These spirits choose their own fate, whether they become good souls, or evil spirits. All in all, I believe I’m ready to face the afterlife, so if hearing about your past costs my life, mmm” Taking a second to contemplate on whether he’d take such a risk, he looked into the girl’s eyes. ”I’d leave a note saying that you aren’t actually a murderer, but you’ve enlightened me on finding the truth of the afterlife. So go ahead, tell your tale.” The only thing he was missing now was a lemonade to sip on. He ushered the girl to go ahead with a fluttering motion with his right hand. He was all ears as to hear about this Academy fire.

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1686238727265.png
Nothing frightens me. However, the thought of mythical horned horses that barf rainbows is quite disturbing. Echi was displaying a morbid fascination with his own death. Perhaps he suffered from a mild case of thanatophilia,
masochism, and narcissistic personality disorder; his dilemma and possibly his therapist. I listened to him as he took me on an unwanted journey through the philosophical rabbit hole with his poetic rant about the afterlife. Charmed. I wasn’t into the whole hippie religion, however, it would be rude to interrupt. Although it was killing me, and not in the good way, I sat there wondering when this moment would be over. “There is no afterlife. Everything just goes black. Better to rip that bandaid off now, you’ll thank me later… or not. And no, I wouldn’t actually have to kill you. I guess the Saito clan hasn’t discovered sarcasm yet either.” In truth, I wouldn’t hurt a fly. Unless that fly deserved it. My eyes would drift away before continuing, “Look. I’m sworn to secrecy. It’s apart of my conditional acceptance into the organization.” It’s possible that my records are stored here at the Sileo. He’d have to break half a dozen laws to acquire the information in order to discover that the story isn’t as interesting as the crime to acquire it. My cold dark eyes now clung to his, “What I can tell you is that I don’t work well with most. Because most people are unintelligent. I took karma into my own hands which may or may not have resulted in an academy fire, the failure of my genin exam, and the injury of those deserving. Those students had it coming. That night I stumbled upon an Anbu Exam, played a game of hearts, showed team spirit, and now I’m here. Helping you draft my biography. Both of which, happened on a Wednesday… Are there anymore questions detective?” I’d pick up the Bingo book once more and flip to a random page. Putting the ball back into his court, I decided to ask him more of his views. “Earlier, you sounded like a sympathizer. Do you believe that some of them were justified in their acts?”

1686258897651.png

[mft]

Eichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Hmm…” Taking a brief pause the boy looked to the ceiling. Before answering her question, he thought of her past. Her reply to the afterlife was a conversation for another day, but her ast was much more interesting. Her past sounded deep, something that he hadn’t expected to hear. As it were her code of ANBU, he wouldn’t ask her anything further as she was to keep silent about the matter. Changing the subject, the boy looked back into her eyes, ”You know, if you ever want to work with me on anything, I wouldn’t have any problems with it.” It was his hint to her that he liked her and would help her out with whatever she needed help with. Standing her ground against those students gave him a laugh and the impression that she was bold. When she said she didn’t work well with others, he felt the heart of his shinobi way surge through him. He dedicated his life to helping others, so aiding her would be no different in any way, despite her past. ”We all have a past, but that shouldn’t be a reason to stay lonely or alone. I would look at you no different because of what you’ve been through. I can be a friend.” He put his hands in his pockets, shrugging. He didn’t know if she wanted a new friend, but the offer was on the table.

”No.” He made it plainly clear that their wrong doings weren’t to be justified. ”As for your question. These guys had there reasons, but I’m not sympathizing for their loss. This village and the dedication one has to remaining loyal to it is something that should be set in stone. I can think of no reason to betray the village, but, I do know these criminals had their own view of the situation. I can’t justify them, as I await the day that I can capture them, and let the village deal with them.” The boy paused once more, further explaining how he felt. ”I do believe they deserve another chance. A mess up doesn’t deserve instant death. I believe in second, third, even fourth chances. But if one is dedicated to the ways of betrayal, I will not feel sorry for delivering them to the ways of their deeds.” Delivering them to death is what he meant. It’s what they’d stumble upon in the game of crime.

”I’d only kill them if I had to defend myself or my team to the end.” He understood what it meant to keep a code of honor. He knew if he took head office, he’d give them a chance by detaining them and talking to them. But death should only be last resort. He didn’t fully understand the shinobi life yet, and his heart wasn’t cold, but as he experienced things, he’d understand the mind of a shinobi better. ”So no, I can’t justify their crimes, but I’m not ready to be a cold blooded killer. When ordered and the time comes, I have to do what I’ve been told, no if’s and’s or but’s. The orders of a commander are to be followed, and if the higher power feels that way, then so be it.” The boy took his right hand out of his pocket and snapped his fingers near the end of his sentence. Putting his hand back in his pocket, he wondered if the girl would be able to kill on sight, with or without the order.

”Would you be ready to do the same?” Of course the Academy story implied that she would, but he wanted a more recent answer.

[ MFT | WC: +500 ]

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1687133970845.png
”Would you be ready to do the same?”

“No,” I replied immediately with blind conviction. I would never allow my hand to be guided by another. My choices were my choices. They were not dictated by the whims of the established authority. I know exactly who I am, there’s victory in that. I trusted in my own discernment of the situation and thus made my own judgements. “The choices I make, I must live with. As sentient meat, however illusory our identities are, we craft those identities by making value judgements. You want to take it out of your hands… Blame, be justified in your duty to create atrocities as ordained by the current administration. You won’t kill in cold blood until you’re given the moral authority from up above. Whether you act for yourself or follow orders, you’re simply making a choice. The sins of those choices are yours to bare, no one else. It’s not really a choice is it though? Who we all are. You, me, everyone. We’re all just cold blooded killers. You only need to look a man in his eyes. It's all there. Everybody wears their hunger and their haunt. There’s a thin line between the ones in this book and the ones in this village. Truthfully, we are all just one bad day from joining them on this list. Now, if you have a problem with that, you're living wrong. I’d pause. The realization that I was rambling had finally sunk in. This had been the longest conversation I’ve had with another living being. “I’ve never needed help. But, if you’re interested, we can form an alliance. This little sit down wasn’t so terrible and this list of defectors is quite lengthy. Besides, if you successfully pass the Anbu commissioning, it’s likely you’ll be assigned to a squad. I would prefer to squad with someone who has already stomached me this long.”

[mft]

Attachments

• 1687133656729.jpeg
    1687133656729.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 49

Eichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eichi was touched by the girl’s last statement. He knew that being on a team with her would be great. It was someone he knew, and he wouldn’t be afraid to be himself around her. It was important for his shinobi wares to be able to keep personality while dealing with your teammates. He kept it in mind, now knowing that she wouldn’t want to kill based off of an order. ”So are you sympathizing with them?” Knowing whether she could accept them off of her own heart would tell Eichi a lot about her. Expressing that he believed in second chances was something he figured she’d hold on to.

”And if you had that bad day, would you tell your teammates first?” The boy now put a hand on the table, showing his concern. He didn’t know how shinobi cared for one another. After the Academy he figured some would be about their call of duty, but there was a chance that some kept their heart and own personalities after graduation. Some even built a shinobi way off of heart alone, and such moments, would always be more than inspiring.

”Leaving would probably never cross my mind, but if it did, I’d let someone know.” He had multiple reasons on not leaving. ”I know not to leave because it would dishonor my Clan.” The boy took that aspect very seriously. Rather than betray, he would remain a help to the village. ”Who knows, a firm decision to stay could earn you a place of trust within the village.” Eichi looked at Sakura, giving a shrug. For all he knew, that’s how Kage’s were made. ”But if given such a position, would you still have the same heart as not to betray? Even when things get tough?” Such questions, when answered, would tell a lot about an individual.

Eichi leaned back, placing his hands back in his pockets. He wondered if the questions would scare her.

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1688007032794.png

Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren’t a state of being, but rather a fortress where I could exist freely and undisturbed. This one did not seem to share this sentiment. Our differences in philosophy lay bare on the table. Despite his grim exterior, he was quite the optimist. I would imagine that his virtuous attitude and noble views was assumed to be a strength of his and could someday land him in a high position, perhaps even Raikage. That is, until the bureaucracy destroys him completely. The trials and tribulations of an arduous road to becoming a splendid ninja, the burdens and sacrifices he will endure. Sooner or later, he will be called to do something against his noble beliefs. And on that day he will find himself at the crossroads. Discovering that he was just a naive boy, now faced with the difficulties of reality. Choose to go right, you burry your heart, do the job and drink your troubles away. Go left, you maintain your integrity, stay true to yourself, and abandon your corrupt village. I wonder what he would choose then. Actually, I don't have to wonder... People like him, they always turn left at the crossroads. They end up in this book. And their blood, someday on my hands.

"I don't sympathize... it's exhausting." I do unfortunately and unwillingly empathize. Emotional intelligence is one of my least savory traits which is why I tend to avoid friendly encounters like these. "I operate on a different set of standards and principles than most. These standards and principles prevent me from compromising myself. I adhere to one's own creed, I'll never have to betray myself. In this world, there is no other entity you can depend on. Everyone, every entity, and organization will let you down eventually. It's only probable. General natural law, if something can happen, it will happen. I won't ever have to betray this village; it owes me as much loyalty as I owe it. Same for my clan and anyone else." With cold eyes, I would peer into his. The window to the soul is what they say... What a load of crap. "One day. You'll come to question your blind convictions. And this village, I haven't any doubt. When it's down to the wire, these so called civilized people, will eat each other," what an amusing thought.

[mft]
[ooc: sry 4 the wait. started summer courses and struggling with pre calculus.]

Eichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy was glad to hear that there were still those that thought for themselves. It proved that everyone hadn’t been programmed and become some sort of ai for the village. Being a shinobi and following orders were one thing, but to be able to have your own heart during the process is what counted. I believe most called this process the shinobi way. Upon hearing her speak, he could hear the sincerity in her words. It sounded a tough she’d be one of the ones that wouldn’t defect from the village. Eichi figured those that stayed true to the village deserved the most responsibilities.

”Then these people really need someone that could bring peace and compromise.” An entire village disbanded due to lack of unity. A look of sternness was on his face. His nose was slightly tooted up and his eyebrows curled downward. ”On top of that, I wouldn’t let this village fall either. We green and learned here. We shouldn’t take our beginnings for granted.” He believed in Sakura and her journey without asking her much. But he would let neither her, nor the village fall to anything. ”I still have a lot to learn, and I expect you to do great as well. I hope you go beyond Sakura, but I am bound to this ship, and if some defects have to be dealt with, then so be it.” He shrugged, the expression disappearing. He now held an expression of confidence. ”I feel my abilities will grow as my works for this village grows. There’s a lot that goes into the upbringing of the village.” His shinobi way wasn’t simple, but he would hold true to it.

He’d be here for the long run. Knowing Sakura would be here as well, gave him some sort of hope in her. He could be around her and talk to her, as he didn’t consider her a traitor and kind of cool now. ”Is there anything else you know about this village that needs help?”

The boy sat peering back into the girl’s eyes.

[ MFT | WC: +300 | No worries, I don’t complain about the time it takes. I feel it adds to the quality. ]

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
”Is there anything else you know about this village that needs help?”

1690119925700.png

His inquiry struck an involuntary reflex in my facial muscles. It would be apparent to the lamest detective that I was indeed aware of something. Gaining control from an unexpected question, I’d cipher through the many books at my table. It was an old book. Its cover worn and its pages barely clinging to its body. I would take great care in how I presented this book and how I would choose my next few words. “This village… is under attack.” I would carefully pass him the book, “Well at least that is my theory. I’ve begun investigating strange sightings, rumors, and a string of missing persons reports over the pass few months. My investigation has led me to this book. One of a series of seven. It’s lore, mythology, and possibly the closest possible truth to what’s happening in this village. Earlier, you asked me about the Bingo book. I’m simply doing my homework. I’ve been searching for patterns and connections. Refusing to believe what’s been right in front of me….” I would flip the book open to reveal a picture of a creature, “Monsters.”
1690127483463.jpeg
I knew how it sounded. I did not care. I simply followed empirical data from my investigations. Was it so impossible to believe? This world was filled with creatures that filled the darkest crevice, lurked the darkest caverns, and dwelled the deep. No longer did they simply haunt the dreams of sweet little toddlers. They were once again among us like the days of old. Preying on the flesh of the living. “At first I believed the disappearance were connected to the work of some of the criminals in this bingo book. However, the pattern in which these people are disappearing combined with both the alleged sightings… this suggests that there are things in this village that go bump in the night. If left unchecked, there won’t be a village. Someone has to bump back.” I’d pull the book back. This was the first time that I have spoken my theory aloud and it sounded absurd even to me. But it was true. I simply needed to prove it. “I understand if you don’t believe me or if you think I am crazy. But you’d be wrong. According to my shrink, diagnosis is inconclusive.”

[mft]

Eichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eichi moved back in his seat relaxed. He looked to the girl his eyes leaving the page. She continued on, and after finishing, Eichi let one of those brief pauses pass over. After a few moments he stood up, both hands still in his pockets. A frown now lay on his face. His attitude didn’t flare up, but a lot of determination and a burning will arose from the boy’s core. ”Then let’s go find them.” He said, referring to the monsters. He didn’t know how much of a challenge it would be, but if the village was on the line, something had to be done.

There were those that gave their own instructions to follow, and those that waited around for orders. Waiting around was always cool, you even get picked to answer the question sometimes. Being the one to create the orders was just a bit better. It means that something caught your attention and you decided to take care of what was going on. Maybe finding direction of buying an icicle on a hot day, or sweeping up the garage because it’s beginning to look messy.

”We don’t have to fight one, at least not yet.” The boy now gazed to the exit of the library. He had only one thing in mind, and he wasn’t planning on letting the thought dwell on him. To know that something so evil lurked around, waiting to devour the people gave the boy chills. ”If we can find out what’s going on, and get the proper people to handle the situation, then maybe the village people will be ok. The missing happenings can die down, and we can move on to solve the next case.” The boy’s yellow pupils now moved the meet the eyes of the girl. She probably didn’t expect him to be so ready to go, but he knew how to handle the situation. ”What do you say?” His look was stern, but not disapproving. Staying at the library and chatting was really taking the cake on such a night. Not to mention the bonus of monster hunting.

[ This could turn into a mission, but I’ll leave it up to you. You can always message me at discord or through pm. ]

Orochi Sakura

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆ ☆
1690412761413.png
To my surprise, Echi was all in. I took a gamble on letting him in and in doing so I seemed to have gained an ally. How very uncharacteristic of me. Echi, the hero type. Guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to extract my undying gratitude. Still, these boy scout types were a rare breed and it was best to keep a tool like this handy. “Echi. I intended to hunt them alone. This is a dangerous tasking. I can’t take this higher without more evidence and uncovering the source of the disappearances. It’ll just get bumped behind other missions that are deemed more of importance… as the bureaucracy dictates. This is strictly off the books. If you wish to get involved, know this. Understand you could die. That I am a terrible teammate, stubborn, single-minded, obsessive, and will always put my needs and interests first. If these disclaimers haven’t shaken your resolve then I suppose you should meet me in town tomorrow. I received a tip that might just be our thing.” Standing up, I would walk over to Echi to give him a frequency that he could reach me via headset. I would stand uncomfortably close because making others uncomfortable was fun. Walking back to my side of the table, I’d gather my book’s slowly. It was getting late and I had an investigation and possibly a monster to hunt. “Call me if you’re up for the task. If you change your mind, there will be no judgment. As I said before, this is dangerous. Almost as much as associating with me.” With my books, I would take my leave. Omitting the teenage cliches of a wink, hug, or any other gesture of farewell.

[Topic Left unless stopped]
[ooc: definitely making this into a series of missions. Thanks for rping.]

Last edited:

Eichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eichi was fully prepared to hunt down one of whatever these things were. To know that they were off the books was interesting. Such hidden deeds could be numerous among the village. It really took going out and some exploring to find everything the village hid. He figured his tactics were no where near Advanced enough to take on such tasks, but with some help, maybe he could.

Eichi was filly prepared to hunt down one of whatever these things were. 'In town tomorrow?' He didn't have to think about it too much. Tomorrow was one of his days off, so he would be free. It was best to take care of this situation sooner than later. Perhaps after making their own discoveries, they could turn in their findings. This turning into a mission could really keep the boy on his p's and q's. He watched as the girl left. It was interesting to have such an associate. He wondered where this story began, and if she had run into anything alone.

Eichi was fully prepared to hunt down one of whatever one of these things were. With this new information, he could try to hunt them down on his own. He shrugged his shoulders, the girl invited him to town, so he'd take that as a way to show that he was loyal. She said that she had a few things to work on, but hesure they would get along. If she had the best interests of the village at heart, he wouldn't worry about their chemistry at all.

[ MFT | WC: +250 ]

[ Topic Left | Just send a pm and I'll be ready, anytime. ]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back