Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Bearer of Ill Tidings (Requesting Ayumu)

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Considering that Osu had called ahead for a meeting having an ANBU captain pass on a notice that the issue was a threat to the very workings of the village itself, it wasn't surprising that a few staff were waiting on them at the Torre and they were quickly lead to the Raikage's office. It really was a shame that they had come in the dead of the night, as it was obvious that a few of these people had been sleeping when they were called in and forced to get dressed quickly. Still the inconvenience to these people was insignificant compared to the issue at hand.It was actually very likely that more people were going to be woken up after the report. After a minute the group of him, Haji, Hoshi and Kiri were lead into the freshly prepared office to wait on the Raikage.

It had been a while since Osu had spoken with Ayumu... for some reason he almost never saw Ayumu with something pleasant to discuss... That wasn't changing tonight unfortunately. "Hoshi, Kiri, I want you two on your best behavior, and do NOT mention a word of detail to anyone of what we saw or encountered to anyone except Ayumu-Sama, best to just give you two a blanket statement since that will be easier orders for you two to follow. If anyone comes asking for specific details have them come speak with myself or Haji-San. Also... just a heads-up but I will need to speak with Ayumu-Sama more privately after everyone has given and confirmed the details of our report, we will also apparently need to clean up some details with you two I believe?" Osu finished with a question directed at Kiri and Haji.

Osu sighed and faced the ceiling for a moment with his eyes closed before mumbling, "Also gonna need to ask him what I should do about the sample we collected, I doubt that Orca likes that I borrowed someone to hold on to such a thing." He would really love some tea right now.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri was still a bit quiet and contemplative as they walked towards the Torre. He was exhausted, that was for sure, especially since they had stumbled in that chakra-absorbing tunnel which would be the center of discussion for this meeting with the Raikage. Still, he had other things to report to as well, such as a certain incident back in Konoha which he was certain that the Raikage had already learned about and so lying wouldn’t really do anything to help him at this time and the best he could do is submit himself to any form of punishment whatsoever. He sighed as they were let through and showed the way into the Raikage’s office where he felt more exhausted at every second that passed.

At that point, Osu gave a strict instruction to everyone, most especially to him and Hoshi, which was not really unexpected concerning their ranks… and probably their temperaments. Still, Kiri would just nod in agreement, feeling too tired to argue if there was even a need but there wasn’t. And just when he thought it was over, Osu gave a hint of another matter to discuss with, this time concerning the status of Haji and himself over the course of their outside excursion from the village. That, he was a bit worried of.

“I understand,” was his only reply then like a disciplined pup.

[Topic Entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji stood among his fellow nin in the Raikage's office. four arms crossed his chest, his bottom two clasped behind his back, his eyes were closed in contemplation as he awaited the Raikage's arrival. This meeting was important, but Haji was dreading it. How was he supposed to explain his absence for three years? No one could confirm it aside from the whale monks or the great flying beast herself. His face flushed with stress as he tried to wrap his mind around it.

Osu gave an announcement that Haji barely heard, he was just far too absorbed. Something about the two younger nin in the room and the stakes of the information that they all carried. Haji nodded along in agreement, in the short time that he had spent near Osu, he had surmised that she knew what she was doing. He thought to himself that he should try to be more like her in the sense of leadership if he wanted to make his way up further through the ANBU.

That was the other thing, how would he let the Raikage know of his position amongst the ANBU corps with the other three nin in the room? He considered this valuable information to his own story, but something he would just need to work around. Discretion was always a trait he needed no help with. The spider could keep a secret, it had no lips or tongue to speak. So Haji stood silently until the Raikage arrived.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi remained relaxed, he ran off ahead of the other to stop by a burger stand. The kid still had a whole bag, he had bought food everyone if they so wanted it. He wasn't that selfish. I mean, after everything that happened when he was supposed to be home before sunset, he was due for some eats. Having already ate his, only his comrades meals were left. He stood with his shoulder leaned up against a wall watching the others.

This incident seemed to carry more weight than Hoshi anticipated, and he gave a sigh in response to this thought. Everyone here, he hadn't seen a while, and it just had to be their meeting would be under a dim light. Kiri would have to in person reprimand himself for is actions in Konoha. Haji seemed pressed to get this over with too, to which Hoshi could not understand. Maybe it was because of his extended absence. In any matter, Hoshi stood against the wall and waited for the perfect time to offer his food of physical nourishment to everyone.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was nothing worse than be woken from a sound sleep to the news that there may be a grave threat to the village itself. To be fair, this happened to Ayumu at least once a week, so he was sort of getting used to it. Rolling over in preparation of getting out of bed, Ayumu found himself closer to the edge than he expected and tumbled off the side hitting the ground with a thud.

"Ow..." he muttered, climbing to his hands and knees and rubbing his back where he had hit the ground. Fortunately, nobody was in his apartment to see this happen. The message about the threat had come from a knock and a call out from the other side of his door. He climbed to his feet and moved briskly to his closet where he quickly slipped on his uniform, though for the sake of haste he didn't bother to button up the front of his jacket for once. After throwing on his shoes and grabbing his swords, he was out the door within a few minutes of the knock at his door. Stepping into the elevator, he took the brief ride down to his office to mentally prep himself for what he was going to hear this time. Stepping out of the elevator, he could see that the light in his office was already on. The group that had come was let inside by his instruction to wait for him.

Ayumu paused briefly outside the office door to take a breath and then walked inside. Ayumu walked around the side of his desk and stopped, studying the group. He was awaited by mostly familiar faces, some more surprising to see than others. Kiri, in particular, took Ayumu off guard. He was supposed to be with Junko, but here he stood... with no Junko. There had been pretty explicit instructions that that Kiri was to remain with Junko, but Ayumu was fairly certain if Junko had come back he would have been informed.

"Kiri? What are you doing here? Where's Junko?" Ayumu asked. Come to think of it, the last time he had seen Kiri, Osu was there too. This time, they were accompanied by Hoshi, the boy Ayumu had recruited into ANBU after he had fought the rampaging Kiri, and another whom Ayumu was not certain if he had met before. "Okay, who wants to explain what's going on?" Ayumu asked, folding his arms. He didn't want to assume that it had something to do with Kiri, but his experience with the man so far was rocky.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu stared at the Raikage and then the others… Might as well. Osu stood to face Ayumu and began his report. “Earlier this afternoon I was coming back from my annual fishing trip 2 days late, I ventured up the north side of Moon this time and I was stuck due to weather, and I came across Kiri and Haji who I understand both have their own stories to tell as to where they have been. After giving Kiri a little discipline and exchanging words with the other two we decided to head back to the village together. Right as we were about to leave though Hoshi came running at us and we all talked a bit more. Then there was a tremor, the ground collapsed under us for several hundred meters, and we fell into a cavern…” He looked at the others before sighing.

“Which leads us to the first issue. The cavern is a huge mineral deposit… of Dimeritium. Just based on the surface area of the cavern, taking into account the areas of lower and greater concentration, and rounding down all the numbers there was at minimum 103,000,000 kilograms of ore that was visible. Rather there was more than that on the surface, and that wasn’t even taking into account how much would be found if the cavern were mined. The second issue is that at one time a lab was set up in the cavern and experiments such as a large snake monster infused with the stone occurred there. The lab itself shows no signs of recent life though we didn’t go in and the walls were made out of an alloy that wasn’t in use by Lightning country more than a few years ago but the structure itself appears older. It is only speculation at this point but I don’t believe whoever made the lab had any ties to the country, and were either an independent group or a foreign power, though the first seems more likely at this stage. I also collected the creature’s corpse though I am hesitant on what to do with it. The others can confirm or add on to what I have said to this point but I would like a private word in a bit to discuss what to do with the creature and share another worry of mine. That being said I think my troubling student and this fellow here need to explain some things to you? I don’t know the details myself.”

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was odd and interestingly so that Osu could condense all that had happened into a fine collection of words. If it were Kiri, he'd probably be running his words left and right until he couldn't say anymore. Well, his mentor, despite the age, was far advanced in terms of maturity and that was showing itself quite right. As for Kiri, he couldn't help but feel the chill run down his spine when the Raikage turned his question to him and he could almost sense the danger in his tone. One wrong move and he'd be sent to prison... again. Thread carefully, it almost said and the blonde could only nod.

Clearing his throat, Kiri would seem to feel as though the weight of the world was upon him. As if the exhaustion from their incident and the travel wasn't enough, an invisible force was wrapping itself around him and he felt he was getting crushed. No matter, he had prepared himself and to prolong the matter would only cause him more concern than anything else really. So he took a long deep breath, steadied himself, and then thought well on what to say.

"Raikage-sama, I'm deeply sorry," he began, a feeling of shaking was surfing along his hands but he kept it to himself. "Junko, he... Allowed me to stay at Port Cirrus for a few days as he found himself busy with treating a village and training with his feline contracts. That's when I was walking at the nearby town and found Osu-senpai and Haji, and Hoshi. But there's more I need to report."

He paused again before he continued, a grim expression on his face, "I was at Konoha and not in Suna as earlier planned by Junko. I lost my way and ended up there. I tried to find a way to contact Kumogakure but I was a bit hesitant to simply send through a local courier. So I decided to send word from Konoha. However, things didn't work out. I did not have my passport as Junko was holding it before we got separated. And I couldn't so easily barge in through the village gates without it. So when the ANBU have me the chance to prove it, I decided that if I could prove it with my resolve that he'd see I wasn't lying that I wasn't a threat to them. But... Things turned serious and I got to meet the sennin, captain and the Hokage... And I know it was stupid but I didn't budge in and told them that only you could command me to speak what my intentions were and no one else. Of course, Yuuto was there, I was surprised, as the ANBU sennin, and he tried to port some answers but I didn't give in. If it weren't for Junko... I suppose things would have gotten far more complicated. I was let out after a few days and then I stuck with Junko ever since. But I'm certain this would have gotten to you already and so..."

Kiri suddenly dropped to the ground, sitting in seiza and removing his swords and placing them on the ground before him. "I'm here to personally apologise for my misbehavior and whatever punishment you deem fit, I will accept it." So he said though he was slightly tensed.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu made her report. Haji listened intently absorbing any information she hadn't shared at the hole or at the gate. He kept his face a blank slate, waiting for his turn to come to speak with the Raikage and explain everything he could. This felt like a mistake. Maybe he should have just pledged himself to the whale monks and try to convince them to let him stay. He knew that wasn't possible, they selected from the outside very carefully through ritual, his presence was barely accepted for the time he was there. Osu gestured toward himself and Kiri to step forward.

Plus how could he have betrayed his home? Not that he had, he was taken against his will by accident. He looked at the Raikage's face while Kiri made his own report about his own misdeeds among the hidden leaf. Haji's brow furrowed, if the boy could step up and face his crime then so could he. Kiri finished his own tale of strife and now an uncomfortable silence fell on the meeting as Haji stood stoic and silent before the judgement of his Kage.

"I don't believe we have ever officially met" Haji finally broke the silence, his voice clear and steady. Giving a formal bow one hand over his heart Haji looks back up toward the Kage, a spark in his eyes. "My name is Hachiashi Haji, I was on a personal trip in the outer ring of the spine and I..." Haji continued on with his story with a quiet calm that was uncommon in the spider nin, it had been a long journey and maybe the relief of being back in the village had drained him.

((If you wanna read the story about where Haji was here is the post where he explains it to Kiri, I'd rather not retell the whole thing Whale of a Tale ))

Haji finished and spoke no further. His story was pretty unbelievable, but it may have seemed easier to swallow following Osu's report on the underground lab and mutated beast. "In regards to the beast, I went hand to hand with it sir, that thing was not naturally made." He added "I've had my fair share of fights with powerful beasts, I can say with confidence that it was of a different nature of even those" Haji nodded his head before going silent. He would have to reveal to the Kage later his assignment to the ANBU corps. He wouldn't reveal his hidden chakra tattoo in front of the other nin, he had performed enough illegal acts already and the less reasons the Kage had to throw him in prison the better.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi stood lazily until the door was opened and the group was greeted by their Kage who had some choice words. Shouyu straightened up, crossed his hands behind his back and held his chin up. He had much respect for the man, who deemed Hoshi worthy of the anbu corp, he wanted to make sure the Kage knew he had made no mistake in his decision. Osu debriefed the entire situation with a small but detailed assessment. Subsequently, Kiri followed with an apology and a familiar bow. It appeared Kiri was ready for the worst, as usual. Hoshi figured Kiri's stress was weighing very heavily on his shoulders.

Next was Haji who spoke a tale of being consumed by a whale. The details sounded much like his journey with a pair of seals, which ultimately lead him to becoming a contract holder at a young age. Had Haji really been gone for so long due to this reason? Hoshi looked over to him quietly, it was true, he hadn't seen the man for an extended period of time, and he always wondered in worry. The multi limb man seemed relieved to get the info off his chest finally, then added in about the beast they fought. Shouyu had no words to share. He was still young, and felt in his heart nothing he had would provide any assistance. So he did what he could do. Finally he held up the bag full of assorted burgers.

"Might be a long talk huh, anyone else hungry?"

wc 254

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Woken in the middle of the night, what more could Ayumu hope for than three insane stories?

Osu was the first to speak up with a brief explanation as to how the group had come together. It all started out fairly normal until the cave in which dropped them into a cavern. "Oh dear," Ayumu commented before Osu continued. It was only going to get more insane from there. They had stumbled upon a large deposit of ore which was quiet a threat to Kumogakure. If that wasn't enough, there was a secret lab containing at least one giant monster creature which the group had managed to dispatch. The deposit of ore was enough reason for Kumogakure to take control of the site before anybody else did. The secret underground lab of monsters was further reason. However, these very reasons for needing to secure the location made it a potentially very difficult location for them to secure.

"I see. That's a sticky situation all around. We will certainly need to send a team there, but it's going to be complicated. We'll talk more shortly, Osu," Ayumu said, making note that Osu wanted to speak more later. For now, there were more stories to hear. Kiri and Kaji had tales to tell of their whereabouts as of late. Ayumu had thought he'd known where Kiri was this whole time, but it sounded like it was a bit more complex than he initially believed. This had been his first wonder as soon as he'd seen Kiri without Junko... now it was time for an explanation. According to him, it was by Junko's will that he had been allowed to go off on his own. From there, Osu's story explained how he had wound up in Ayumu's office. Junko, it seemed, was likely still busy near Port Cirrus. This turn of events was not ideal, but understandable. Yet there was more to the story.

Port Cirrus was not the first time Kiri had separated from his guardian. The first time had led the man to Konoha, their recent ally, without a passport. Ayumu could already guess that it hadn't gone well. He groaned and hid his face behind a hand as Kiri continued. The confrontation at the Konoha gates had led to the Hokage and Sennin becoming involved, which meant it had gotten pretty serious indeed. From the sounds of it, Kiri continued to resist cooperating with them until Junko arrived to save the day. Ayumu breathed a sigh of relief. The fact that he had not heard of this before now meant that it had not warranted him being contacted after all. He supposed he had Junko to thank for smoothing that over, though he was slightly perturbed that the man had let Kiri out of his sight to begin with. There was little time to think on that before Kiri suddenly dropped to the floor in a kneel, apologizing and accepting punishment.

Ayumu blinked, watching the man for a moment in silence. Though he was angry at the embarrassing display Kiri had put on in Kumogakure, he couldn't help but notice a stark difference between the man before him now and the one he had met in a cell all that time ago. He pictured Kiri in those chains, straining against them and snarling like a beast. Now before him knelt a seemingly different person, apologizing and accepting whatever discipline he was owed. Ayumu scratched his cheek as he studied Kiri's demeanor, failing to see any signs of disingenuity. Ayumu stepped forward, stopping in front of Kiri.

"Stand up," he ordered, waiting for Kiri to comply. As soon the the man had gotten to his feet, Ayumu reared back, balled a fist, and knocked Kiri upside the head with it. "You moron!" Ayumu exclaimed, folding his arms once more. "What the hell were you thinking?! You went to Leaf looking for assistance and you started an altercation?! Without your passport, they would have no way to know that you were actually one of ours. If Junko hadn't managed to smooth things over with them, who knows what problems this might have caused with the alliance? Putting that aside, they might have killed you and, frankly, been justified in doing so!" Ayumu chided, finally placing his hands on his hips and heaving another sigh.

"You're lucky Junko showed up in time," he said, shaking his head. He was silent for a moment as he let the annoyance slowly fade. "That said, you seem a damn sight better off than the last time I saw you in that prison cell, so at least it appears you're not completely hopeless," Ayumu admitted. The last time they had met, Ayumu had been concerned that they would be left with little choice but to imprison Kiri for the safety of the village. There was no denying he had improved since then, given his current demeanor, and that was relieving. "Don't get me wrong, I will be thinking of a punishment for you later," Ayumu insisted, lest Kiri think he was off the hook in any way. Ayumu sighed once more and shook his head yet again as he went quiet, mind already considering what punishment he might opt for. Whatever he thought of in the heat of the moment was sure to be severe... fortunately for Kiri, Haji piped up to insert his own tale.

Whatever Ayumu had heard thus far, this was the strangest story yet. What started as a story of a man having an almost tragic rock climbing accident ended getting weird, real fast. Ayumu was aware that they were many strange creatures in the world. Many looked just like the animals most were familiar with, only much much larger. Some of them, apparently, also flew when they were supposed to swim. And accidentally ate people. Lots of people. The kind of people that worshiped them and learned crazy fighting styles they were willing to pass on to the right strangers. Somehow Kaji had managed to make his way out of that mess until he stumbled upon Osu and the crew. The entire tale was insane and frankly a little hard to believe.

"Damn. You sure you didn't just go drinking your way through Lightning Country?" Ayumu asked, finding that version of the story a little easier to believe. Whatever the case, the fact that Haji was back now meant that he hadn't gone rogue. If anything, the punishment for being gone that long was not being able to make a dime from missions in the meantime. In addition to that if he lived on his own his stuff had probably been auctioned off after being considered long abandoned. Ayumu would have to find out later if there was any validity to the idea of flying whales in the mountains. Surely Haji hadn't been the first person to witness something that large. "Well, it's good you're back, anyway. You'd better report in to your branch after this lest someone tries to arrest you or worse," Ayumu said, scratching his head. At least the man hadn't been off causing international incidents in other villages. With the third person's story out of the way, Ayumu looked at Hoshi expectantly. The boy simply held up a bag of burgers, asking if anybody was hungry.

"What? No crazy story from you?" Ayumu asked, surprised. Regardless, he was hungry having been woken up in the middle of the night. Shrugging, he reached into the bag and pulled out a burger which he began to unwrap. It was still warm and smelled heavenly. Ayumu took a bite and savored in the late night snack. "This is why I like you," he said with a partially full mouth, pointing at Hoshi with a finger of the hand which held the burger. Ayumu looked back at Kiri, whom he had not forgotten about.

"Until I can confirm your story with Junko and figure out what to do with you, I want you to stick with Osu. You're only allowed to separate from him if he decides you're allowed. Do not get up to any trouble, you hear me?" Ayumu said, pointing the finger at Kiri before taking another bite of his burger. "You don't mind, do you Osu?" Ayumu asked. He figured, given how protective Osu had been of Kiri last time, that he wouldn't mind keeping an eye on his pupil for the time being. Whether Junko returned or needed to be contacted in Port Cirrus, it probably wouldn't take too long. He'd need to reconfirm with the gates that they would send word when Junko returned. If Osu refused or had reasons not to look after Kiri, it could end up that Ayumu had to do so himself, which was far from his ideal scenario.

"Does anybody have anything else they want to share? If not, you're free to go. Except you Kiri. You'll wait outside while I talk to Osu," Ayumu said, waiting to see if any other revelations were awaiting him.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu simply nodded at Ayumu’s confirmation of his report and listened to the others. He had a very difficult time not knocking his student upside the head during his story with them being in front of the Raikage… until Ayumu did it himself. Osu felt like he was starting to get a headache… well not really, he did not have a central brain organ for that to work like it normally would but he had something similar though more spread out through his body like a swift mild ache. Ayumu seemed to be putting off his judgement for later in regards to Kiri’s punishment. He would sit Kiri down later himself since it seemed he would likely be staying on Osu’s couch a few nights at least.

Haji’s tale… Osu wasn’t quite sure what to make of it as he blinked in confusion a few times. He was familiar with the fact that whales as large as the ones Haji seemed to be describing were out there, and he knew some whales that could fly for a period of time, but he had never heard of these sky whales.

“Uhm… I hope you don’t mind Haji… but do you happen to know the name of the flying whale you were in? I think it would be best to pass knowledge of this issue on to some whales I know in the Northern seas… Still that uhh… certainly explains the… scent.” Osu had no idea how to continue that line of conversation without seeming rude despite being inside whales himself on occasion and politely turned down the food Hoshi proffered. He now waited patiently… rather hesitantly… trying to come up with a way to break a migraine inducing detail to Ayumu in the gentlest possible fashion. Honestly considering the details Ayumu wasn't likely to be in a good mood considering...

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri was ready for anything. He was ready to kill himself if that was the final judgment. After all, he did cause quite a bit of trouble in his unexpected trip to Konoha. And so, as he stood up upon the command of the Raikage, he readied himself. Though, perhaps he wasn't too ready for what actually came. A hard strike, albeit less threatening than an execution, was sent coming down without hesitation. He staggered, almost coming to a kneel, but managed to keep his footing as he looked up at the Raikage with confused eyes.

He was about to protest, maybe, or along the lines of telling the Raikage that this sort of punishment may not be at all appropriate but he stopped as he listened. Then, it dawned into him that his actions were far graver than first thought and though there was concern in the tone, he couldn't help but feel as though he let this important man down.

He would remain silent all the way, thoughts to himself. He even shook his head to decline Hoshi's offer. And when the Raikage made the motion for everyone to be dismissed, though giving him one last order to wait outside the office, Kiri still felt disheartened. With a nod, he would follow suit, exiting the office and finding himself standing against the wall like some statue, silent, unmoving, a bit lifeless really. Inside, he simply wanted tk vanish and forget about his mistakes.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji was already used to his story not being taken seriously, but it still stung a bit when the Raikage mentioned that he might have just been really drunk. For three years. "Would that I were just drunk for all this time" Haji said with a quick grin "but I assure you of it's validity" he said as he rolled down his tunic from the right shoulder to reveal a monstrous scar that was mirrored on the back as well. The Raikage requested that Osu and Kiri remain behind, albeit Kiri be in the hall. Haji gave a short quick bow to the Raikage before he straightened "I am sure you and I will be meeting again soon sir." and as Haji turned to go he angled his body so that he blocked the view of all but Ayumu from his middle right arm, the ANBU tattoo glowing hot for but a moment. Haji was not sure even the Raikage would notice it, but if he did, then he would be on the same page as to who Haji was meant to report to; the Raikage himself in the absence of an ANBU Sennin.

As he reached the door Osu reached out with a question that made him stop in his tracks. What was the sky whale's name?

"Yurei" Haji said softly without turning to face them "She has a beautiful singing voice" he said with loneliness in his voice. He opened the door and stepped out, silently cursing himself for not grabbing one of Hoshi's dumb burgers.

[[Topic left unless stopped]]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Raikage was more than thankful for the burger, the rest the others would refuse. Fatigue began to set in heavy in the young child, it was far beyond his usual bed time. The once kneeling Kiri was commanded to stand up as a man would. Everyone had their own crazy stories, and the events unfolding before him laid in thick on the tense environment. Osu and Kiri we’re commanded to stay, and with that the young boy thought he’d take his leave.

He’d turn around with his bag full of burgers, looking to Kiri once more before he departed. Haji was sticking around for a moment before he decided to leave. Hoshi would follow after him shortly. He was rubbing the back of his neck with free hand as sigh escaped his pursed lips. His exit was quiet, so not disturb them or anyone else. The sound of another burger being unwrapped, he was a growing boy and needed all the proteins in the world. Although, his thoughts would begin to wonder about what would happen with that cavern.

[exit]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haji seemed intent to prove the validity of his story, going so far as to show a fresh scar he gained from the ordeal. Though it was a strange tale, Ayumu was no stranger to giant animals. The fact that this one flew was not such a large departure from what he was familiar with that he could never believe it to be true.

"I believe you. I've seen enough giant animals, demons, and other weird shit that an enormous flying whale isn't that hard to believe," Ayumu assured the man as Haji turned to obscure something from all but Ayumu. Raising his eyebrow, Ayumu noted the ANBU tattoo he was shown. He nodded subtly without a word. A Hachiashi within the ANBU. If it weren't a man, Ayumu would have almost believed Shashu was standing before him. Of course, he knew of Haji, and now that he had seen the ANBU tattoo he was putting two and two together.

"Until then," Ayumu said, bidding farewell to Haji. Hoshi followed Haji out quietly as Ayumu took a few more bites of the burger the boy had provided. Had Yuii told him that bringing Ayumu food put him in a better mood? Ayumu wondered. Would it be such a bad thing if everyone that came to deliver bad news brought him food from now on? Kiri left as well, stopping outside as he had been instructed. He was to remain with Osu until Ayumu could verify his story with Junko, after all. Luckily for Kiri, though unbeknownst to Ayumu, Junko would be returning shortly at which point the story would be corroborated and Kiri would have his freedom again. Now only Osu remained in the office, it seemed he had more to discuss.

"Alright, let's hear it," Ayumu said, waiting to see what Osu had to say.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seeing the door close and being the last in the room with Ayumu, Osu grimaced a little and turned his head back to the Raikage who asked for whatever it was that Osu was holding back. Osu hesitated a bit more, "I never seem to have good news to share when I come here... Never seem to get good news when I come here either... I apologize for the trouble Kiri has caused by the way, I seem to be lacking much as a teacher... though I had been intending to test him for his mednin exam... No, I will stop stalling."

Osu took a deep breath. "Forgive me for how unpatriotic this might sound... but the greatest danger to the village out of all of this is that the land we found this deposit on is directly owned by Daimyo Amakusa Ryuu... Though luckily it does seem that he knows of the existence of it or the lab."

Ah he said it. Well might as well keep marching on. "The Daimyo has consistently sided towards attitudes against our village which is a growing sentiment among the aristocracy, and even much of the general populous. It isn't uncommon to hear us called mutants, monsters, or witches these days, particularly in the cities. To be more frank Pro-Kumo attitudes are in the minority, with the shogun being our only strong ally, as should be seen by the fact that the shogun's seat itself is made of solid dimeritium. The grand majority of the Daimyo would likely fight for Amakusa Ryuu's ownership of the 'chakra absorption stone' deposit should the matter be brought before the shogun, and it would take an absolutely massive mining operation to retrieve the quiet frankly massive amount of material there making a covert operation improbable... considering that the stone renders methods that rely on chakra useless. At the same time though it is too dangerous an idea to just try and hide the deposit, as it would be a temporary measure at most. The sinkhole is massive and growing and it is only a matter of time before it is discovered, especially since it is Amakusa who has made some of the largest progress in modernizing his territory's military and industry, thus has been making a growing effort to have his territory subjected to growing geographical examination efforts for the last decade... I must admit though many of the records I...," Osu cleared his throat, "have access to are probably outdated after 8 years. It could almost be called a miracle that we discovered the deposit first... But if this matter is handled poorly it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume it could be the prelude to a civil war... A very one sided civil war in all likelihood... It is too easy to inspire the average citizen to hate us these days and with the rise of ballistic technology the sheer numbers they can call up against us is no laughing matter... But this is a worst case scenario." Osu sighed while looking directly into the Raikage's eyes, not bothering to hide the worry on his own face.

"So at the very least I would recommend sending in a team to retrieve all the data from the laboratory, preferably one with means to still function somewhat under heavy amounts of chakra absorption and then erase all traces of the lab itself if possible. I also recommend using the temporary measure to hide the deposit itself while secretly contacting the shogun and finding a way to get the Daimyo to sell the land to him without drawing too much attention to the land itself... Maybe making purchases for similar reasons in multiple territories?" Osu got up from his seat and looked for a good map of the country that was bound to be in the Raikage's office and tapping the location with his finger to point it out to Ayumu. "To be honest, I'm really unsure how to keep this entire matter behind closed doors, I apologize for not being able to present a sufficient suggestion of action."

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Now that the others had gone, it was time to get to the real core of the meeting. Judging by Osu's face, Ayumu knew this was going to be rough. He rambled slightly before getting to the part he had really come for. The land upon which the ore was located belonged to one of the worst people it could possibly have belonged to. As Osu said, and Ayumu knew, the Daimyo in question was not a big fan of shinobi. During Ayumu's young days as an ANBU trainee, while the country was without a Shogun, Ryuu had made a serious bid to take the title for himself by force. Using mercenaries, the man had gained a lot of ground before Shiro was chosen as the true Shogun and thankfully he was forced to relinquish much of what he had taken with pressure from all sides. Needless to say, Kumogakure's part in helping place the current Shogun in his seat, along with the fact that the Shogun himself was once a shinobi of Kumogakure, did not color the village well in Ryuu's eyes.

Osu continued on, voicing his concerns as to the disdain some of the Daimyo held for Kumogakure and shinobi in general. This was a concern Ayumu held as well, given what he had seen in other countries. Shinobi had suffered many attacks at the hands of those who feared them. This only increased in frequency as better methods for combating shinobi were discovered. Thus far, Kumogakure had held a steady relationship with the government of Lightning Country. That said, the relationship was one of necessity, not necessarily one of mutual trust. The shinobi needed the work and money provided by the government of the land. The government needed the military might of Kumogakure to remain secure in a world where threats, such as demons, giants, even foreign shinobi villages and countless others, existed which required more than the capability of normal men to handle.

The discovery of the dimeritium had the potential to throw off that delicate balance, especially if it were to fall into the hands of someone like Ryuu. As Osu, said, the worst case scenario could see a bloody civil war which Kumogakure would actually stand a chance of losing if the enemy weaponized the dimeritium. Osu and Ayumu felt differently about the odds of Kumogakure's victory in such a scenario, but there was no denying that it was a risk worth avoiding at any and all costs. Osu made his recommendations for immediate course of action and pointed to the location in question on a map on the wall.

"Don't apologize... it's very fortunate that you found this and brought it to our attention before that snake Ryuu did," Ayumu said, heaving a heavy sigh. It looked like he wasn't going to be returning to bed anytime soon. "You're right to be concerned. We need to keep that ore out of his hands at all costs. That means immediate action. I'm going to put together a team to secure the location... Rather I suppose, secure the perimeter around it while keeping a safe distance. If necessary we will claim that the area is unsafe to enter... not a stretch given that it's a sinkhole. Another team will investigate the laboratory, as you said. I doubt the laboratory and the dimeritium are a coincidence. Gaining control of the deposit may also give us a chance to research it ourselves. With time, maybe our brighter minds could find a way to neutralize the effects... but that is a hope for later.

As for the longer term issue of legitimizing our hold on the land in question... that is important, but it will take more thinking than we have time right now. Every moment the ore sits there unguarded is another chance for Ryuu to find out about it. I'll need you to at the very least give some exact coordinates, but if you are feeling up to it, guiding the team there may be the swiftest course of action. What do you say?"
Ayumu asked, knowing Osu had just returned from a journey. Even if he was unable to return to the location himself, this needed to happen now. This was, as Ayumu saw it, an emergency operation. There was no time to wait.

[OoC: Just kind of winging it here since I don't know where you plan to go with this. Wasn't sure if you wanted to run some missions or... do self-modded missions or... I dunno. Tried to leave it open ended.]
[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back