Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Biting off more than one can chew

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
You know, as surprisingly often as Kumo has rain, almost nothing ever happens on a rainy day. Rainy days are always spent at home, a pub, or somewhere else inside. So finding that I just got kicked from my apartment due to excessive noise complaints, I had to wonder how in the hell I’d survived here in Kumo and had never been caught in the rain before. It was truly a pouring day it didn’t seem to be letting up as I stood outside of my apartment. I had been out on one of my missions when a notice had been placed on my door. It stated that the locks had been changed and most of my stuff had been moved to a storage while I cleared up my last month of rent.

Both of those ideas pissed me off to no end. Beyond the fact that this forceful eviction was highly illegal and I was going to likely have to turn this litigious. There was no way in hell I’d be paying this months rent. They could just collect it from the deposit if they felt so inclined. As for my stuff, I’d sneak into the apartments recordkeeping office and find where it was being stored. From there, it was just a matter of cutting some locks, hiring some muscle and getting them to move all my stuff to my new home once I had found it. I contemplated killing off my landlord in a fit of anger but decided that this was just a bit of a wake-up call that I needed to move out of these slums. The place smelled and people were as gnarly as I was in temperament. Either way, that just left me with finding some place to stay for tonight.

A few minutes and a whole lotta distance later, I would find myself in front of Kiri’s house. Well technically it was an estate, and appeared more like somewhere a noble would live over a shinobi, but beyond that it was still a house, I guess... It was grand enough, that’s for sure. I could only hope that meant there were a couple hundred rooms or so he had to spare. Honestly, I had gone down the list of people I’d be willing to ask. The list, in all honesty, wasn’t that long, and while my best friend Ikko had been my first choice, he wasn’t able to accommodate me, whether it was because he didn’t have room or simply didn’t want me to impose on him, I didn’t know, but I understood both stances and left soon after. Either way, this had been my second stop and while I didn’t hold out much hope, I still had an inkling of it as I approached the entrance.

I knocked on the door leading to The Tsuyoshi estate, not exactly knowing what to expect, but at least hoping my soaking wet form might make me look pathetic enough to inspire sympathy for whoever opened the door. regardless, I would never openly show how much my soaked form was actually bothering me as I waited.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Today was a long downpour, it would seem. Kiri looked on from his veranda and into the courtyard garden. Tomo, the small orange slug was playing on the tatami flooring while Kiri was busy reading some books. The latter had thought today would pass as another ordinary day, but no sooner would a surprise come knocking to his door.

Well, to be exact, it wasn’t him who found out about it. A small brown-haired boy wearing a yukata with the Tsuyoshi crest on the back would come towards the entrance of the main house. He stops by the awning as he felt something along the gate. He immediately smiled as he seemed to have remembered something, quickly getting an umbrella from the entrance before he walking under the rain to reach the gate. He would slid the main gate open to greet the familiar smug-looking brat he had met before.

“I knew it was you,” said Kotarou as he looked at Eishi before his eyes were wide open in surprise. “Oh My! What happened? You’re like a soaked puppy! Come in! I’m going to get Kiri.” said the boy, seemingly forgetting to even bother to wait for Eishi after he handed the umbrella and started to run back to the main house shouting, “KIRI!!! KIRI!!!”

And so, that was how Kiri was summoned by the entrance of the main to find both Kotarou and Eishi seemingly drenched from the rain. Tomo was on Kiri’s shoulder waving his small orange appendage in greeting before jumping off and landing on Kotarous’s head. “I don’t know what’s going on but you best stay for the night. You look far worse than you seem,” said Kiri as he ruffled Eishi’s wet hair, pretty sure much to the boy’s chagrin. Then, he would look at Kotarou and say, “Kotarou, can you take Eishi along and have a warm bath. I don’t want both of you to catch a cold. I’ll go get some change of clothes, so make sure to get warmed up.”

He wasn’t even allowing Eishi to speak a word as he would then disappear into the hallways, leaving Kotarou with Eishi. At that, the boy would look back at Eishi and say. “I know. You’re ready to blow up into a raging demon but you’re also feeling stuck up. It’s okay. You can tell Kiri later. For now, let’s have a warm bath. The estate has a nice onsen. Come on.” With a grab of Eishi’s good hand, the boy would lead him across the hallway, a few turns, and into the onsen. Tomo jumps off Kotarou’s head as he seemingly was too eager to head into the bath while the two would have to undress first.
The baths are located in an adjacent building.
JduOEKl.jpg

[Topic Entered]
[WC: 455]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I was surprised that the little demon was the one to answer the door. It had been a minute since I had last saw the squirt back in Tea country some months back. Wait, wasn't he the owner's kid or something? I pondered as the cogs in my head began to turn. I assumed from that point that it had all just been a lie for the mission. It would make a hell of a lot more sense than the owner having such a latent talent as one of his kids, I had to admit. Regardless, He was quick to hand me an umbrella despite our, let's just say stressed, past relationship. As it was the only form of sanctuary from this constant downpour, I surprisingly found a light smile dance on my face as I simply nodded towards the boy in a silent 'thanks' as he went screaming off for Kiri.

It didn't take long after that for Kiri himself to show up and greet me before almost instantly getting on my nerves by stroking my damp head of hair. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't gotten used to it over the past year, but the physical intimacy always put me on edge, I was too conditioned into expecting the pat to turn into a painful jerk on my hair to ever feel comforted by the act. I just internally sighed, letting him do as he pleased as I got out of the rainsoaked outdoors.

I had heard that he was part of an orphanage in passing once or twice, but I hadn't expected him to actually live inside said orphanage. This had honestly been the first time I had ever come into my mentor's home and I was beginning to feel impressed by what I saw. I had seen Kiri so often over the last year, learning under his wing, that it never crossed my mind that he also was pretty active if he was helping to run an orphanage on top of being a mednin. A small part of me definitely respected him a bit more for it. I had my own run-ins with orphanages right after my parent's death and sequential surgeries to save my broken and burned body. The safe environment had helped me stabilize my mind at probably the worst time in my life far more than any other half-assed form of recovery the government threw at me. Even if I had been a pariah to the other kids, it had been the first time I didn't have to sleep with one eye open.

Once I was told we were going to be taking an open bath, I involuntarily shuddered. I was usually tough, willful, and prickly, but this had been one of the few insecurities that I still hadn't gotten over. I had seen my own battered body enough to know I didn't like who stared back at me and the thought of others staring at me was terrifying. It had been enough that at some point in a drunken stupor, I had shattered the mirror in my apartment's bathroom so I didn't have to look at myself coming out of the shower. Only evidence what had happened that night appeared the next day when I woke up to notice my arm had been sliced from a stray shard and the mess of glass and blood drying in the bathroom. That had been a bad day for me beyond the physical pain and cleanup.

Anyway, I followed along, trying to figure out how I was going to get out of this debacle before finding my resolve as we entered the changing room. I was thankful that it appeared to be unbusy as there was no one else in the changing room from what I saw. I noticed Kotarou had already begun getting undressed as Kiri's familiar hopped off his head and ran into the onsen. I found a nice corner of the room, sighing quietly as I slid my shirt, coat, and cloak combo off in one fluid motion over my thin chest. Once I settled and my clothing had been tossed into a basket, I went through the tedious task of unwrapping the medical gauze around my chest and missing arm. It helped reduce chaffing, like that wasn't fucking horrid enough as it were, so I didn't complain. I had no trouble finding the end of the roll. It was where it always ended when I did my wrapping correctly. Slowly but surely, my broken form became clearer as the familiar welts, scared tissue, skin graphs, and burnt skin I had come so well to know came into view as the layers came off. At least this was my good side, the marks on my back had been much worse and I had no desire to see them.

I completed my unwrapping pretty quickly as I threw the used gauze into a trashcan before working on my lower body. I didn't take my time at this point. I had already done enough self-inspecting to become numb to it all, honestly. My socks, pants, and underwear were all done away and stored as I replaced them with a towel around my waist. I hadn't noticed if Kotarou was still here as my undressing generally took me a minute, but if he had stayed and waited I'd probably follow him into the Onsen. I'd go in and find somewhere to sit and scrub myself, if Kotarou was already inside.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When they would enter the baths, Eishi would be greeted by close to a dozen kids running about, playing, jumping and enjoying the open air onsen. And should he be not too careful, would be bumped into by a younger one, step onto a dropped towel and slid into the waters. And Tomo would join in on the mix and land straight onto his face. Nevertheless, Kotarou would make sure the lad would get a good soaking before they could leave.

As for Kiri, he laid out two yukatas for the boys on the futons in his room. He trusted Kotarou would bring the other there no sooner. He didn't know why Eishi was there to see him in the middle of a rainy night, but he wasn't a jerk to turn the other round and leave him out in the rain. Besides, he figured Kotarou might enjoy the company of someone else for the night. A little sleep over wouldn't hurt.

Just then, there was a knock on the sliding shoji door of the veranda. Kiri approached it cautiously as he felt some chakra pulse, but when the pulse became ever clearer and distinct, he quickly slid the door open. And much to his surprise, it was the large blue sea slug Eirin but there was a bit of concern on her face. Needless to say, an emergency has brought forth itself and Kiri couldn't refuse.

When the two would arrive into the large room, finding the futons laid out and their yukatas ready, things looked pretty much fine. There was nothing wrong in the air. The wind was still and cool. The lights dim enough to let in the natural moonlight through the open shoji doors. But there was an obvious lack of Kiri.

Then, someone would be heard snoring and they would find a lump underneath the third futon laid on. Should they open the covers, they would be greeted by a white haired child who looked frighteningly like Kiri.

[OOC: I'll edit in the picture later. For now the image is sent in your DM]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
God damn it, the bath was filled. I questioned why I didn't see more clothing in the changing room, but maybe I just hadn't looked hard enough. There was also the possibility that the boys had their clothing in their room, wasn't like this wasn't their home already. Either way, I was at least glad that most seemed distracted enough as I made my way over to a stool to scrub myself over once. I noticed a few eyes staring, but that should've been expected. I was both one armed and a scarred piece of meat. A spectacle enough as it were. I found it much easier than I imagined to tune it all out. I didn't like it, but it didn't freeze me or feel anxious like I expected. Felt uncomfortable, that's for sure.

It also didn't stop me from being quick to take a spot in the large bath near the only boy I knew.

"So Kotarou, what's you're story? I'm assuming you're not missing your family back in Tea?" I asked in conversation as I tried to relax in the hot water of the onsen. It was actually more difficult than it seemed, skin felt irritated at the hot water at different places. I knew it would go away from experience, but it always made the first contact painful. I felt I might as well strike a conversation before heading out of the tub.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Using a wet towel, Kotarou would scrub himself in bubble soap before he rinsed and jumped into the hot water to join Eishi. Despite the other kids around, he was doing fine while he did snickered at Eishi's fine showing of trying to tough it out. He did notice the history of the boy through the many scars but he wasn't much of a jerk to ask further. Perhaps one day he'll find a better way. But he was quite surprised that the latter took interest in him.

He smiled, though it was a bitter smile at first, "There's nothing to miss what wasn't there in the first place." He let it sink in to Eishi before he splashed the latter water and broke into a small. "Kiri was there to take me in after that day. Although I must say I insisted on it because it was just boring back there. And then I learned that he lives with this clan that actually adopts kids to become warriors so I was definitely joining." Of course, he would rather avoid the drama part of it all. "You should meet Junko-san. He's the one who adopted Kiri too. Which would make him my... Grandpa? Oh well. He's fun."

It wouldn't take long before they would finish up, to which Kotarou would rush Eishi to the changing room and give him a simple white yukata, explaining that hos clothes should be at the laundry by now. Whether Eishi would be comfortable with it or not is solely up to him. Then, Kotarou would lead him to the room he shares with Kiri to find two dark-colored yukatas with the Tsuyoshi crest on them, carefully laid out on the futon before them.

"Wow. Kiri sure knows how to prepare things- yaaaa!" Kotarou suddenly screamed as the third futon would bulge and the person underneath it would be revealed to be a small white haired child wearing oversized clothing, seemingly asleep. Tomo, who had been with the two since the hot bath seemed to have recognized the child and made a "Kiri!" chirp as he would jump over to slime all over the mysterious child.

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Huh, I expected something a bit more grandiose. Though, what do I know?" I shrugged as I let my question slide. Whether he was minimizing and deflecting me or truly was just a kid out of Tea was his business. I had asked out of small talk anyway, so I didn't mind either way.

"I've meet Junko a few times, he is fun. He pretends to be the responsible type which just reminds me why those positions general blow," I commented as I finally grew comfortable in the waters. I was able to relax for a good while before I finally decided to get out of the water. I was definitely feeling pruney on my digits. Even Kotarou decided it was time to leave after a while and I simply followed the five-year-old back to the changing room only to find my clothing had been replaced with a yukata. I hadn't been in one of these for a hot minute, so I didn't complain either way as I took one before finding my spear and bag hadn't been touched. I was relieved of that for some reason as I continued on being led right along like I was on a damned factory line.

Once Kotarou had led me back to what was apparently his room, I was given an extra mat on the floor. I always preferred an actual mattress, but I digressed from saying anything if they were going to prep a room before I ever got a chance to even ask for one. Regardless, I moved one of the place mates out until it was against the wall of the room so I could keep my back to it. It was cute putting them together, but I don't sleep next to others easily. Either way, I opened my bag as a small dagger came flying out as I willed it was rested, ever so carefully, against the window sill. Unless someone was looking for it, it would clatter to the ground if someone was foolish enough to try and enter through the window of the room. While that had been going on, I had barred the door with the chair from what I assumed had been Kotarou's desk. When I felt it was secure. I finally noticed the small child who looked suspiciously like Kiri. It made me wonder for a second if this small child was, in fact, Kiri himself just trying to live some delusional slumber party fantasy with me and Kotarou, but I doubted even he was that creepy. At least I hoped so.

"Who's this?" I asked Kotarou as I went back to my own mat to set up some tripping bells around my sleeping area. I was a guest, I'd let Kotarou deal with someone uninvited into his own room.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He heard a call of his name so he squirmed a bit more before finally opening his eyes. He slowly pushed himself off the laid out futon and rubbed his eyes. Never had he felt so sleepy before, almost like he was being disturbed during his most sacred sleep time. It was then that he noticed the shock in Kotarou’s face, as well as in Tomo’s (the latter’s eyes looking back him with dread and was paling from his usual orange glow). Kiri tilted his head in confusion before he began to slowly realise that his vision’s perspective was rather… low.

“What’s wrong? Something on my face?” he asked before he, himself, was surprised at the rather strange sounding voice that resounded. “Was that me?” He paused again before he suddenly came to a stand, only to fall face first to the futon when he stumbled on his large clothes. He rolled over a few meters before hitting Eishi on the leg which prompted him to stop. He cursed as he rubbed his head but soon stopped as he looked back up to find Eishi looking rather strange.

“Kiri-san! You…. You’re….” Kotarou stammered as he rushed over to Kiri’s side.

“I’m what?” Kiri replied as he came to a sit and then noticed his really oversized clothes. But before anything else, he remembered what had happened. “AH! Where’s Eirin?”

Dashing past Kotarou, Kiri run across the room only to stumble on his clothes, rolling on the tatami flooring, effectively taking off his pants and sliding out of the veranda doors, luckily stopping and not falling over to the garden outside. Fortunately, his oversized shirt manage to drape and hide his bum.

Tomo quickly ran after Kiri and stood on his back before he seemed to be in a trance looking out into the garden.

Kotarou hurried after Kiri, picking up on his pants and helping the now small white haired boy stand up on the veranda. There was a tint of red blush on Kiri’s face as he seemed to be whispering to Kotarou about something before glancing on the side of his face to stare at Eishi.

“WHAT?!!!” Kotarou exclaimed before glancing between Kiri and Eishi. “But with him?” He added a pointingly accusing finger to Eishi.

“There’s no choice. Besides, he’s the only student I have. He should work.” At that, and almost as if Kiri had gone past embarrassment, he stepped back into the room, wearing only the hanging oversized shirt. His vision was really from a low perspective and so he could confirm it. Without a doubt, he had turned back into a kid, and all because of that incident. And so, he would have to ask aid from his troublesome student. “Eishi, I know you don’t like me, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like you. And right now, the clock is ticking. Something terrible is happening in Sakuna’s Forest. My appearance is… a result of that. I need your help to undo this before everything is too late.” Stretching out a hand, he asked, “Would you lend me your strength?”

[Topic Left with Eishi if he agrees]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The hell? I've never once said I didn't like you, Kiri. You annoy the shit out of me with all your tedious workload, but you're still my benefactor," I stated as I looked around for my clothes. I didn't see them anywhere and figured I would probably have to wait a few minutes while they dried or something. Either way, I at least had my bag of supplies and, If nothing else, I could start packing if we were about to head off on some trip as I went over what I currently had on me. I noticed while I was sitting crisscross and digging through my bag, that the air felt a lot more chilly than I had remembered it being as it passed over my legs. I shuddered for a second, reminding myself why I was never going to get used to being this underdressed. I just felt so exposed and my fucked up nerves were sending mixed signals to my brain, so that wasn't helping either.

"And... I'm sorry. About being difficult. Some stuff happened and it gave me some perspective on my resentment," I stated after a pregnant pause. It took a lot more nerve to apologize than I was expecting. Then again, I had to remind myself that I had never sincerely apologized to anyone, ever. It would've been weird if I could do it with ease and It was definitely a strange feeling. Didn't like it much, if I was being honest. I probably wouldn't ever do it again if I had the choice. Who knows the next time I'd have a chance to practice, though, so at least that was a positive. Regardless, I wasn't going to go any further into it. I had said my piece, and I was content with that. Kiri hadn't deserved my past ire when he had done nothing but help me and I was at least aware enough to say I appreciated the effort.

"Now," I said as I finished with itemizing my inventory,

"Fill me in on what's going on," I questioned, changing the subject entirely. I didn't do well with admitting my wrongdoings and I'd rather just get to work before Kiri ended up turning into a fetus or something silly.
[EXIT with Kiri]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back