Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Blocking the Blind Eye [CLASS]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke let out a sigh. Since he was working as an ANBU in Training he was also working as a Chuunin, despite not exactly passing an exam for it yet. Shusuke was here as he was told it was to be a learning experience for him to learn how to better get along with his peers. He wasn't sure which students were coming in for today's course, but he was not dreading it as much as he thought he would. He was to help teach some students, and maybe even some Genin looking for remedial lessons, the importance of utilizing Genjutsu to help hide their presence in case of an emergency or if they need to act stealthily. He sat on the desk that was in his provided class room where he had a small stack of various scroll each wrapped in various colours: red, orange, yellow, green, and blue. Each scroll housed a Genjutsu that his family held close to their hearts, but only two of them were written to be beginner friendly. He was curious if those that received the Yamanaka scrolls with the higher ranked Genjutsu would react. Would they simply give up upon failing or would they become determined to power through it and practice until they could perform it.

Shusuke would place each scroll onto one of the five tables and make his way to the front of the class again. He would climb up on top of the teacher's desk and sit with his legs crossed. He was wearing his formal attire of a white button up shirt and a tie under his long black cloak. His hear was pulled up and out of his face. His eyes, now fully healed, were now heterochromatic with one eye being his typical Yamanaka blue while the other was now blood red like the eyes of the Uchiha, but no Sharingan Tomoes could be seen and it remained pupilless as well. `I wonder who is going to be in your class today... Oh wait! could I be in your class today? I haven't really experienced Ginjustu before, what is it like?` Shusuke let out an exhausted sigh. "No. I need you to shut up actually, I don't want to be distracted. You do realize everything I do is a test right? I am under a close watch and if I want to make captain soon I need make sure I impress those in power okay. Do not embarrass me."

Class Rules:
  • Once I post, everyone will have 3 days, or 72 hours, to respond!
  • I will ask that each post is a minimum of 250 words.
  • I will request that no one double posts, unless you miss the cut off and are now behind one post.
  • This class will no strike system, but three days after my fifth and final post, I will be ending the class so if you have not met the 1000 words and 5 posts requirements you will fail the class.
[ P R O G R E S S ]
Hishimoto Chiaso
Kaguya Mitsuha
Kiriyomi
Senju Akio
Yamanaka Tsuruko

Hishimoto Chiaso

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Tsk."

Chimed Chiaso as he looked at the line up. He was one of the taller ones here... Man this is just depressing. Made genin and yet still he keeps getting sent to extra courses. Though with his lack of a drive to excel, it was no wonder his seniors would find him lacking. They always threatened to send him back to the academy for slacking, and here he was. Admittedly he'd prefer to be at home sleeping, reading a book, legitimately anything else. Hell, his Genjutsu was fine, why did he need more lessons on that? That answer would never come, as the genin runs a hand along the bags of his eyes, giving a slight yawn.

Honestly this would be less insulting if the instructor wasn't several years younger than him. When he first came in here, he nearly mistook him for one of the students. Maybe he is a student? He didn't really care to ask. Guess that's just how pathetic Chiaso was, that even when he's surpassed someone in age, you can't beat natural talent and skill. Both of those he thought he lacked, as the dreary ninja shoved his hands into his pockets. On days like these he really wish he was in a different village. The mists, rain, even cloud. At least then maybe he'd have to deal with less constant sunlight. His eyes barely adjust these days, so used to the dark of his room. Never the less, the rather unenthused looking genin would await for what trivial task this place was going to give him. He's definitely used to doing pointless things, at any rate...

[WC:271]
[WCT:271]
[Topic Entered]

Yamanaka Tsuruko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A young woman with long blond curly hair casually and quietly rounds the corner into the classroom, casually leaning against the wall right next to the entrance as if she hadn't really planned on joining the class. Obviously, she had some relation to the teacher, though she wore a green yukata that obscured most of her mature form amid wide sleeves and loose folding fabric.

She'd be wearing fairly heavy makeup that left her skin looking flawless and her lips pink and slightly shiny, her blue eyes holding a rare innocence for someone her age under purplish hued eye shadow and mascara infused eyelashes that made them seem fuller than natural.

Whilst chewing on something, and with a tired, bored expression, she casually and wordlessly raises a hand in Shusuke's direction as if to catch his attention whilst trying not to interrupt his introduction, a bundle of white sheet hangs from from one of her fingers irreverently from where they had been delicately tied in a bow.

The sight would be fairly familiar for Shusuke, despite having left home and his less than savory actions toward the rest of his family, his parents still wouldn't relent in these sorts of tokens. Inside was some sort of packed lunch, and based on the tension caused across her finger caused by its weight as well as its bulk along with historical precedent, his ninja senses suggested that it probably contained ,it suggested the contents were one large doubledecker sandwich of homemade bread, lettuce, sliced tomato, grated carrot, cucumber, mayonnaise with a generous serving of ham. Some piece of fruit, likely an apple. Finally one drink of some sort.

This was a slightly time sensitive matter, while stacked with a ninja's skill; the tomato had of course been placed between sheets of lettuce, there was still the threat of the tomato leaking into the bread, mixing with the mayonnaise and causing the bread to go soggy if the package was treated too roughly, or held at an inappropriate angle!

[WC:333]
[WCT:333]
[Topic Entered]

Last edited:

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha groaned upon hearing that she has to go to yet another class that would be full of people. Seriously, her societal skills training is just as brutal as her ninja training! The young Kaguya reluctantly got ready to go. She had also told herself that she needs to do this, to be a better ninja. She did hear a little bit about the class and what it entails.

Genjutsu and stealth. The girl never really considered using Genjutsu. She has been hyper focused on taijutsu and controlling and mastering her bloodline since that would work best for her. As for stealth... She is kind of good at it. Being a shy person would mean that she would naturally good at not being seen. Not only that, but one of her Kaguya dances is literally to be stealthy. Lost in her thought, she found out that she made it to the class as she seen an older girl leaning against the wall along with another older boy that looks like he doesn't even want to be there. She was starting to think that maybe she was at the wrong class, if there were just older people here. Maybe this was an advanced class?

Her eyes finally settled on another boy that was sitting on top of a desk with two different colored eyes. Her face would go red, realizing that she was staring at other people. Rushing over to an empty desk, the girl would ponder on what types of genjutsu will be used and how good would these be for stealth like things? She thought about asking if this was an advanced class for older students, but her shyness won over and so she stayed quiet.

(wc:286)
(wct:286)
(topic entered)

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
It was one of the final days of classes before the big exam, and Akio was amped up. He'd signed up for Shusuke's instruction in Genjutsu for a couple reasons. One, he trusted the young Yamanaka. Despite the sometimes brash outward appearance the boy maintained, Akio knew that Shusuke truly cared about him and the other students here, and just had his own unique way of showing it. And secondly, he knew that genjutsu and stealth were still relative weaknesses of his. While the boy had great willpower and an instinctual knack at fighting through genjutsu and he was becoming more and more adept at ninjutsu, summoning, and healing, especially after forging a relationship with Kazan, his turtle companion, Akio had somewhat neglected the more deception-based parts of combat and he knew that to really excel he'd have to at the very least understand the nuances of how shinobi might use these things against him.

So, because of all that, Akio arrived at class with a determined spirit and a willingness to learn. "Hey Shusuke! I can't wait to learn some more genjutsu stuff from ya!" The nature-loving teen said with a smile before looking around the classroom at the other students of today's lesson. Seeing a familiar face, he shot a wave towards Mitsuha. "Heya Mitsuha! Good to see ya again!" He said with a friendly smile. The other two participants in the class were wholly unfamiliar to the sunny young Senju, well mostly unfamiliar at least. 'Sweet! Another chance to meet some new friends!' He thought to himself, that characteristic bright and welcoming smile adorning his face as he walked over towards the pair to introduce himself. "Hiya! I'm Akio. Good to meetcha! What're yer names?" The cheery adolescent asked, his eyes nearly closing as he smiled. His eyes passed over Tsuruko and he tilted his head and cocked an eyebrow. 'Hmmm... She looks familiar... But I can't quite place my finger on it.' The Senju thought, somewhat airheadedly missing the fact that the person she reminded him of was the one teaching the class.

[WC: 346 .:. Post 1/5 .:. Total WC: 346/1000]

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
It was finally here! Shusuke was teaching a class, and Kiriyomi was excited. It meant that the exams were around the corner, and this was going to be one of his final classes before he hopefully graduated. He had signed up because he was trying his best to get better at Genjutsu, his senpai was teaching the class, and he would get to meet other people in the village that he could possibly learn from as well. Getting dressed in his usual black attire, today adding a scarf around his neck, Kiri heads off to class. Along the way, he instructs Kohara to stay hidden. He and Shusuke didn't quite get along; honestly, Kohara didn't get along with much of anyone. The ant had quite the attitude when it came to people being near Kiriyomi.

Upon entering the classroom, Kiri glances around and sees some familiar and unfamiliar faces. "Hi everybody! My name's Aburame Kiriyomi, nice to meet all of you. Akio, I didn't realize that you were taking this class! When did you become interested in Genjutsu? I thought that you specialized in Ninjutsu because of your bloodline?" Looking over the others in the class, Kiri vaguely recognizes Mitsuha from being in the Forest of Death. She was also there at the lunch that Keniwa had hosted a while ago. The other two were strangers to him, however, the longer he looked one of them seemed familiar. Was she perhaps a Yamanaka as well? What was her relation to Shusuke-senpai? Pushing the thought aside, he quickly takes a seat beside Akio and looks at Shusuke. "Hi Sensei! I'm excited for the class, please teach us everything that you know! I look forward to learning more intricacies regarding Genjutsu and stealth. I'm sure it will certainly come in handy as we get stronger and have more duties to protect the village!"

[WC: 311 - Post 1/5 - Total WC: 311]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the students began to make their way to the class it wasn't long before Tsuruko arrived to the class room with a packed lunch, assumingly from their parents for Shusuke. "Leave it over there. I don't know if you were wanting to take this remedial class, but it is covering Genjutsu, which is a field we both know you desperately need help in. Even if you don't end up catching up with me, you could at least become less useless. Afterall, I don't you want to grow up like our parents and only get assigned C-Rank missions for the rest of your life." As he was speaking to his older sister he would watch the last of the students arrive, including Kiriyomi and Akio which were two of the three students he has spent the most time with as of late.

"As it has been pointed out, I am Yamanaka Shusuke, recently appointed Chuunin here with the Konoha Corporation. This means I have proven myself in my field of specialization to not only lead a squad effectively, but I have the skill set to confidently teach others." He stopped speaking for a moment as he nodded to his students before pointing to the the desks with the scrolls on them as if to say `Please take a seat`. "Each of you, please introduce yourselves by stating your name, your current studied focus, how confident you are in Genjutsu, and how confident you are with stealth. My goal for the day is to increase your confidence considerably."

Waiting for a moment so that the students could respond Shusuke would continue. "Each of you are sitting a a table with a scroll that is connected to one of the commonly used genjutsu amongst the Yamanaka family in order for us to fully utilizing our innate ability to completely erase our detectable presence, or rather, an innate ability to belonging to the True Yamanaka." As Shusuke spoke he would raise one hand and a soft tone would begin to be heard, as if the buzzing from an overhead light, but as the buzzing continued the students would find it hard to even look at Shusuke as within mere seconds after he was done speaking he was nearly indetectable from their natural senses. It wasn't until Shusuke lowered his hand and dropped the genjutsu that the students would feel comfortable looking in his direction again.

"If you all are ready I will need each of you to focus your to course evenly through your body to see where you feel like you may be the most vulnerable to Deceit and Distractions. Do you find yourself relying on your sense of Sight, Touch, Hearing, or your Intuition the most when picking up details of what is around you?"

OoC Class Time! How to Calculate your Genjutsu DC and Genjutsu Save!​
  • Genjutsu Difficulty = [(Chakra Control x .3) + (Genjutsu x .7)]
  • Genjutsu Save = [(Chakra Control x .6) + (Genjutsu x .4)]
As you will notice your Genjutsu Stat makes up 70% of your "Difficulty Class" or DC and only 40% of your Save. Chakra Control on the other hand makes up 30% of your DC and 60% of your Save. This means if you wish to be better at CASTING Genjutsu then it makes the most sense to focus on the Genjutsu Stat, which makes the most sense. If you wish to be better at RESISTING Genjutsu you need to increase your Chakra Control, which is nice as that also gives you more Chakra Points or CP to use for your jutsu!

Now what does this number mean? This is the base number you will use in the Ultimate Battle Rules, under Secondaries, to find your actual Secondary Modifier which is added to your d20 dice roll, like how you do for games like Dungeons and Dragons. Under Secondaries find the Bonus Conversion Table to find the basics of the Secondary:
  • 5 = +1
  • 15 = +2
  • 30 = +3
  • 50 = +4
  • 75 = +5
  • 105 = +6
  • 140 = +7
So if you take 70% of your Genjutsu and 30% of your Chakra Control and add them together and you get any number from 30 to 49 your Bonus to your Genjutsu DC is a +3! BUT WAIT! that's not all! Your Custom Class also Influences this number, but we will get that next post!
OoC Homework:
  1. List your Genjutsu and Chakra Control Stats
  2. Find the combined total using the 70%/30% and the 40%/60% formulas
  3. Find where you land on the Bonus Conversion Table
Shusuke as an Example:
  1. Genjutsu is 325 and Chakra Control is 300
  2. DC is 317.5 and Save is 310
  3. DC is +10 and Save is +10

Class Rules:
  • I will request that no one double posts, unless you miss the cut off and are now behind one post.
  • This class will no strike system, but three days after my fifth and final post, I will be ending the class so if you have not met the 1000 words and 5 posts requirements you will fail the class.
[ P R O G R E S S ]
Hishimoto Chiaso
Kaguya Mitsuha
Kiriyomi
Senju Akio
Yamanaka Tsuruko

Hishimoto Chiaso

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chiaso gave a look over to Tsuruko as she came in. Why was she here? Last time he checked Tsuruko was hopeless in the field of genjutsu. Someone must have signed her up as a cruel trick, since he knew that anything Shu tried to teach her probably wouldn't stick... Regardless, these principles Shu was teaching was pretty basic to him. He wasn't good at a lot of things, but his genjutsu was good enough. At least to the point where these lessons were childs play...But honestly, he didn't mind that. He could practically snooze through this course without putting in any real effort. That was one big bonus for sure! Though he'd sigh internally as he was told to introduce himself. Great..

"I'm Chiaso."

He added plainly. The real problem came in when he wanted the class to chime in on which sense they were weakest in. God, he didn't know. He used them all equally? Maybe sight more than the others, but that's just because it's the most direct sense of everything. He wouldn't say his hearing was the best, not like he could pick on sudden shifts in the wind or whatever. Ah well, it didn't really matter, he'll just say the first thing that came into his mind.

"I don't know, sight I guess?"

The bare minimum of an answer, that worked well enough. Now what was this scroll? He'd look down at the Yamananka scripture, giving it a once over. Considering his experience in Genjutsu, he probably could read this better than most of the other students in the class...Not that it's that impressive, considering a lot of them are literal children, and ones Tsu.

[WC: 280]
[WCT: 551]

[OOC]​
I already did the calculations for this.
1. 50 and 50
2. 50 Dc 50 Save
3. +4 DC +4 Save
with various modifiers this puts me at +7 dc and +5 save

Last edited:

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi sits and listens to Shu's introduction, catching the tail end of what he said to the older kunoichi who was also in the class. Presumably she was, in fact, Shusuke's sister. It also sounded as though Shu was not a big fan of his parents, which hurt Kiri's heart. Obviously the Yamanaka boy had a lot of room to grow when it came to compassion for others, but Kiri always expected that his parents would be supportive and a large part of his life, seeing as he was only 10 years old and already a Chuunin. But that was not Kiriyomi's problem, and so he would not stick his nose into their family business. Instead, he would put those thoughts aside and focus on the class. He had experienced other teaching moments from Shusuke before, and knew better than to think that this one would be easy. Underneath his desk, Kiri performs the Cancel technique. Just in case.

After Shusuke calls for introductions, Kiri blushes a little bit and looks down at his desk. He had already barged into the room and given his name, but he would do so again. "Hello. As I said, my name is Aburame Kiriyomi. My current studied focus is Genjutsu with a minor focus in Ninjutsu. I am fairly confident in my Genjutsu abilities, mostly thanks to Sensei. As for stealth, I was taught a class by Hoshirei-sensei and passed. So I am confident in my ability to remain unseen should the situation call for it."

After the others introduced themselves, Shusuke went on to explain the scrolls before them. Kiri recognized the scrolls as being those of the Yamanaka clan, similar to the ones that he had studied before. He knew better than to question whether they were here with consent or not, though. Best not to anger his teacher. Focusing his chakra through his body, Kiri begins to cycle through his senses to decide which of them he was most vulnerable with. His abilities as a Sensor made him more than capable of using his intuition, and he had his Kikai to smell and see with... "Sensei... I think that my most vulnerable sense would have to be hearing. I rely heavily on it myself, without any added capabilities, therefore it is my weakest sense."

[WC: 382 - Post 2/5 - 693]

Chakra control: 175
Genjutsu: 175
175 DC and 175 Save
+7 to both

Last edited:

Yamanaka Tsuruko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuruko gives those that enter the class after her barely a glance as they enter, though she's taken aback somewhat by the youthful enthusiasm of the boys entering the class, their surprisingly brash greetings toward the class leave a discomforted expression as her attention middles between them and her brothers jabs, frowning somewhat, she looks to Akio while being heavily distracted by Shusuke's taunting behind him. "U-uh, Yamanaka Tsuruko... Hold on, i just-" She cuts the greeting short with a concerned wince as she marches off with hasty determined steps, over to a table to examine the scrolls Shusuke had put on display. The packed lunch is carried with her, left haphazardly next to the scroll instead of where the Sensei had directed.

She slaps her hands down and speaking with no shortage of frustration. "Oooh no, did you steal these from the clan archive!? Theres no way you would have gotten permission to show these to outsiders!" The moment of bluster shrivels as she sinks down, to cover her face with her hands, whining quietly. "UUgghhh, why are you like this?" Shusuke might have expected a lecture to come from her now, but recent events have changed things somewhat, she doesn't seem to be able to muster the effort.

For a moment, she drops her hands slightly, her hands still hovering such that they obscure a tense grimacem her brows arcing sorrowfully as she casts her gaze sideways across the other tables and scrolls as she considers trying to swipe them, but a glance toward Shusuke presiding over it all as she hunches behind the table would betray the fear toward her own brother in her eyes that left her frozen in place.

[WC 284]
[Total 617]
[post 2]
[Gen dc 5x0.7 + 30 x 0.3 = 12.5= 1(+1 from bloodline)]
[Resist 5x0.4 + 30 x 0.6 = 20 = 2]

Last edited:

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha just wanted to slink away and hide forever from everyone. But unfortunately, and ironically, she has to be here and out in the open to learn in a class that is about stealth and genjutsus. It didn't make it any better when she found out that Akio was there as well. Despite her not wanting anyone to pay her any attention, it seems as if the gods themselves had told them all to pay some sort of attention to her. Of course Akio had called her out, in which she instantly hid her face under her bag as she rested her head on the desk. Peeking out, she would see a type of intimidating type of kid looking at her, making her hide her face once more.

Even whilst she was hiding her face underneath her bag, she listened as the one who called himself Shusuke spoke. He wanted their names, how confident they were at Genjutsu, and how confident they were with stealth. She waited as others spoke up, specifically after one Yamanaka Tsuruko took center stage and seems to be berating Shusuke. The young Kaguya would take this as an opportunity to speak and hopefully nobody would hear her, amongst the older girl yelling. "I'm Kaguya Mitsuha... I have zero confidence in genjutsu... And when I want to avoid people, I'm pretty good at it. We Kaguya also have a dance that helps mask our movements, making little to no noise as we move."

After the older Yamanaka's distraction and the rest introduced themselves, Shusuke would go on to talk about the topic at hand. He had asked the group what would they feel themselves be the most vulnerable to whichever type of genjutsu that attacks the senses. She does very well avoid looking at people, and she's gotten used to the pain of her bloodline literally ripping bones out of her body. That left sound and intuition. She can hear alright, and well, she is smart enough to make some decisions. Though she can be a bit of an air head at times when she gets overwhelmed with shyness. Still under her bag, she would say, "Intuition."

(WC:359)
(TWC:645/1000)
Gen: 80
Chakra control: 100
Gen dc=(100x.3)+(80x.7)=30+56=86
Gen save=(100x.6)+(80x.4)= 60+32=92
+5 dc +5 save

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
For the young Senju, it was always fun to meet new people. However, it was almost completely lost on the adolescent how taken aback people sometimes were by his effervescent personality. Tsuruko at least introduced herself before running off to chide her brother. But Chiaso might have well not have seen Akio altogether, and Mitsuha took it one step further and actively hid away from the sunny youth. This only reinforced Akio's initial suspicions at their previous breakfast encounter: Mitsuha was simply scared, just like the forest friends he'd made all throughout his youth. But he was sure that she'd come around if he just kept bein' kind and unthreatening. Little did he know, it was that very kindness that was the perceived threat here.

Soon after, Kiriyomi arrived as well and greeted Akio, noting that he certainly wasn't who he was expecting in a Genjutsu class. He was right, of course. Kiriyomi knew Akio better than almost anyone else in the village, and knew that the Senju had little-to-no talent at performing Genjutsu himself, especially when compared to Shusuke and Kiriyomi. However, learning how to use illusions wasn't really the reason he joined the class. "Hey Kiri! Yeahhh, I'm still not good at it. But I wanna know how opponents who use Genjutsu and stealth a lot think. I figure that'll help me deal with 'em even if those aren't my strong suits."

It wasn't long before Shusuke started explaining what the course was about. Akio chuckled slightly at his Yamanaka friend's usual abrasive tone at the start of his introduction. After all, the Senju knew what his words really meant. And when it came time to introduce himself, Akio stepped forward and beamed a bright smile that almost fully closed his eyes. "I'm Akio! I specialize in Ninjutsu, healing, barriers, and summoning! I also know how ta use Sage Mode! But Genjutsu is honestly the thing I'm probably worst at. I have a few stealthy tricks, and am good at sneakin' up on creatures in the woods, but most of what I can do isn't exactly subtle. After all, it's hard to heal somebody who's out in the open or throw up a big dome to protect my friends without people noticing!" His answer was honest and open and completely unashamed. Akio wasn't afraid of his strengths and weaknesses and rather than chide himself, he leaned into them.

The cheerful Senju listened to all the other students' introductions and when Shusuke asked his second question answered, "That's a tough one Shu! I dunno. I think I use all of 'em. Maybe touch the least? But even that's important!" He sat there scratching his chin, but never came up with a better answer than that. After all, he'd grown up seeking out woodland creatures to befriend, and that took using all of his senses. Hearing to listen for their sounds. Sight to find them within the foliage. Touch to ensure he was quiet when getting close. And intuition to put it all together. As far as Akio was concerned, they were all important.

[WC: 511 .:. Post 2/5 .:. Total WC: 857/1000]

[OOC Homework]
1. 90 Genjutsu & 300 Chakra Control
2. 216 Gen Save & 153 Gen DC
3. +8 Gen Save & +7 Gen DC

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke listened to each of the students as they introduced themselves. This was when he would make a handseal that would break the chakra binding that held the scrolls shut and allowed them to unravel for the students. In front of Chiaso would be the scroll that housed the Deception Jutsu which Shusuke would assume the Genin had not already visited, but if he was a Genjutsu User he probably already mastered it. Mitsuha was given the Basic Clone Jutsu which Shusuke believed was a staple that all Shinobi should have access to as it could be life saving. Kiriyomi would be given the Night Jutsu which was one of the most powerful Genjutsu scrolls that Shusuke had, a technique that even he hadn't mastered yet. Akio's scroll would be the Deaf Jutsu which was a powerful trick to use, especially for a young Senju who's Wood Release could be obnoxiously loud. And finally, Tsuruko would have one of Shusuke's favourite Genjutsu, the False Surroundings Jutsu which allowed the caster to essentially create an entirely different world for the afflicted.

"Each of these jutsu could be used in order for you to not only confuse and harm your targets, but they will grant you a window, a moment, to take advantage of the shifted perception to slip away into the shadows.' Shusuke would grin as he leaned back some. "Passing this class will be simple, honestly maybe even too easy. Successfully perform this Genjutsu and leave the building without me catching you." Shusuke would make the seals for the Elemental Clone jutsu but he wouldn't add any elemental chakra into them, this would cause them to become Taijutsu Clones instead of Ninjutsu Clones. Each Clone would conjure forth a large red and black scythe before seemingly vanishing as they darted into the building's various hallways and potential exists. "And don't worry, those weapons are very much real. If you are too weak to make it to an exit while still in one piece, maybe you should quit this career path and try something else."

OoC Class Time! How to Calculate your Genjutsu DC and Genjutsu Save!
Now we will be looking at the Secondaries to relate to our Character Levels and Custom Classes! Go to Statistics in the Ultimate Battle Rules and find your Character Level and your Class Bonuses listed under the Secondaries section. We will also be investigating our own builds to see what else we have to boost our Genjutsu Difficulty and our Genjustu Save! This time I will not be providing the necessary information, but I will provide a link to the correct section of the UBR (Ultimate Battle Rules) as seen above.

OoC Homework:
  1. List your Character Level and your Highs, Averages, and Lows values from your Custom Class or your Rookie Class.
  2. Add your Secondaries we already calculated to your related Custom Class scores.
  3. Add any passives that you may have from your Core Ability, Bloodline, Kinjutsu, or Abilities.
  4. List any other ways you could boost your DC or Save.
Shusuke as an Example:
  1. Shusuke is Level 7, meaning my Highs are +6, Averages are +4, and Lows are +2.
  2. DC = +16 (10+6) from DC being High, and Save = +14 (10+4) from Save being Average
  3. Yamanaka's gain a permanent +3 DC from the Mentalist Passive. So my DC is boosted to +19.
  4. Yamanaka's Phantosmia Style can boost my DC by +1 per Genjutsu I have active up to a +5. Yamanaka's Mental Fortress give me a +1 Save per genjutsu I have active up to a +4. This means I can potentially have up to +24 DC and +18 Save

Class Rules:
[ P R O G R E S S ]
Hishimoto Chiaso
Kaguya Mitsuha
Kiriyomi
Senju Akio
Yamanaka Tsuruko

Yamanaka Tsuruko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Once the scroll opens to reveal the false surroundings scroll, first, a moment of confusion, she looks across as far as she could to get a glimpse of the other scrolls, covering her mouth with her left hand. It seems her brother had tricked her to believe he was sharing the secrets of the clan when that wasn't the case and it got her into the class to sit right before the only genjutsu which she'd put the effort into mastering before. What a message to send.

A giggle escapes her. Her eyes well up slightly and she blinks rapidly to resist the temptation to cry from embarrassment. A moment is spend to take a calm breath and settle herself. She drops her hand to reveal a tense smile as she tries to resist laughing further and her eyes betray a degree of admiration for how well Shusuke manipulated her into what for the moment she felt was a joke, but of course she had to say something to retaliate against the mockery. "Wow Shuske, i get it, you're just so much better at killing people" She knew that wasn't the message, but acting like it was should do fairly well at annoying her brother, which she felt he clearly deserved for his earlier attitude, but she'd need to think of something that could somewhat match up with the cheery on top that was placing her before her only genjutsu, knowing even then she wouldn't have a hope in actually succeeding in using it against him do to their vastly different levels of talent and passion for it.

With a sigh she leans forward onto the table, holding herself up with crossed arms. So Shusuke tricked her about giving out yamanaka secrets, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't stab her if she doesn't play whatever game he's cooked up correctly, And she had no chance at actually deceving him using genjutsu... She never could read her brother very well, always on the back foot with these sorts of things, unable to tell how serious he was. Its why she was afraid of him. She catches herself idly rubbing her neck and quickly changes her posture to sit properly at the table with her back straight, gently holding her hands together as they rest on the table.

[WC 384]
[TWC 1001]
  1. Tsuruko is Level 1, all +1
  2. DC = +2 (1+1) , and Save = +2 (1+1)
  3. Yamanaka's gain a permanent +1 DC from the Mentalist Passive. So my DC is boosted to +3.
  4. Could use poison to reduce saves?

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi sits there for a moment as Shusuke breaks the binding on the scrolls, and looks down at the one before him. Immediately, the Aburame boy thinks that this must be a joke. This jutsu was beyond his capabilities to use at the moment. Raising a hand, he looks over at the others. "Umm, Sensei? I think there must be some mistake here. This jutsu is too difficult for me to attempt at my current stage, did you mean to give me something else? Perhaps mine got mixed up with something else as you were gathering all the scrolls?" Kiri sits there as Shusuke continues to explain how the rest of the class will go, and once again stares down at the scroll before him. There had to be a clue somewhere, somehow, for him to utilize this jutsu. Right? Shusuke wouldn't dare give him something that he couldn't do, would he?

With that thought in mind, Kiri would make a few handseals beneath the table and use the False Surroundings jutsu on Shusuke to make it appear as though he were still sitting in his seat. As quietly as he can, Kiri stands up and moves to the hallway, peeking his head outside and looking both directions for any of the clones that Shu had summoned. If the hallway is clear, he would duck across into the nearest empty classroom and seat himself against the wall, calling out Kohara as he does. "Look. I know you don't like Shusuke, but now isn't the time to get into that. We have to escape the Academy without being caught, and for that I need your help. Stick to the ceiling, and fly around to locate the clones. We have to be smart about this. See if there are any outside trying to prevent us from using a window to escape. Quickly." After giving the ant his orders, Kiri would use the jutsu his father taught him and feel his consciousness leave his body and enter Kohara, who immediately flies out of the classroom and begins his inspection of the school and surroundings.

[WC: 350 - Post 3/5 - Total WC: 1043]
[Used False Surroundings on Shusuke]
[Used Fly on the Wall to scout out the school]

1. My level is 5. As for my Custom Class High is +4, Average is +3, and Low is +2.
2. With the added bonuses from Class and Level, my DC is +11 and Save is +10.
3. I do not have any added bonuses from BL, Abilities, or Kinjutsu.
4. I could take the Cursed Seal 2 ability, choosing Celestial for a +4 Gen Save.

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio smiled as the Yamanaka clansman laid out their instructions for today's assignment. He'd have to really pull out some stops if he wanted to find a way to get by Shusuke, especially since he really only knew low-ranked Genjutsu as it was. That said, he was a quick study, especially when it came to learning new jutsus, and was eager to put the one that Shusuke had given him to the test. First things first, he summoned his ally Kazan to aid him in his escape. At worst, he'd be able to provide a much-needed distraction, and at the same time Akio felt more capable while the seasoned old tortoise was around. After, the boy quickly used the Cancel jutsu, making sure that Shusuke wasn't simply tricking him, as he had been in some of their previous exchanges. Then, quickly mirroring the written hand seals, Akio cast the Deaf genjutsu that Shusuke had given him, hoping that he had at least a chance at making it happen. Deciding to try his hand at one more Genjutsu, the boy used Deception, hopefully giving him a chance to hide his location from the boy.

Trying to take advantage of the moment he'd have to disappear, he and Kazan rushed around a corner, trying to break eye contact, and with a flash of hand seals the boy descended beneath the ground using Inner Earth Reflection Lure. While it was certainly not a genjutsu, he figured it could be invaluable when trying to hide your location from your opponents. And, if he'd managed to lessen Shusuke's sense of hearing, maybe he'd be able to get away with it without the Yamanaka boy knowing. Rushing beneath walls, not having to follow the path of the corridors, the boy made a break for the exit.

Meanwhile, Kazan's turtle beak curled at the lips in the closest thing to a smile that he could manage with his physiology. "This is going to be enjoyable." The wise old tortoise said in his usual dignified tone. The shell on the turtle's back began to glow within the fiery holes that dotted it, smoke pouring from them as well as his nostrils. With a huff, the lines of smoke extended from the chelonian's nose, almost appearing like long trailing moustaches. The tortoise's shell glowed even further and four hexagonal plates of it seemed to duplicate and began to spin around Kazan. "Bring it on, youngster. Let us see what these clones of yours can do." He said with a smile, launching one of the plates in the clone's direction.

[Akio Summoned Kazan and entered Turtle Sage Mode]
[Akio used Cancel]
[Akio used Deaf]
[Akio used Inner Earth Reflection Lure]
[Kazan used Chakra Shield and attacked one of Shusuke's Clones]

[WC: 428 .:. Post 3/5 .:. Total WC: 1285/1000]

[OOC Homework]
Akio's Level is 7. High stats get +6. Medium get +4. Low get +2.
2. With bonuses from my Class and Level, Akio's Gen DC is +9 and Gen Save is +13 (with new stats of 125 Gen and 300 CC)
3. Akio does not have any other passive bonuses.
4. Ancient Wisdom from Akio's contract would give him an additional +1 to each, bringing them up to +10 and +14 respectively.

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha listened as the boy spoke. Just then, three clones of the boy came into existence. He spoke of the rules of the class, and what it takes to pass the class. So they have to exit the building without getting caught. She looked down at her basic clone jutsu scroll. It could prove very useful to make people see multiple of her and get them confused so that she won't be seen as much.

She was trying to think of a plan of action when she saw movement. looking up, it would seem that both Kiriyomi and Akio were both taking initiative and doing whatever it takes to not be found. Forming hand seals, the girl would cast the Basic Clone jutsu on Shusuke. If successful, all three Mitsuhas would run out of the class and go separate ways.

But she wouldn't stop there. She would form more handseals and her own turtle summon would appear. The young Kaguya would whisper in his ear of what she needed him to do. The blue turtle would smile widely before running a bit of the ways away from the girl, off somewhere where her two illusionary clones hadn't gone, and started yelling, "I'M BACK BABY!!! I'M THE FINEST TURTLE AROUND!! THERE'S NO ONE LIKE ME!!! COME ON, TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DUEL!!!" The turtle would continue to holler and thus would try his best to mask any noise that the other students might accidentally make.

As for the girl, she would perform a dance. The dance of the seedling fern. This dance had the sole purpose of masking her footsteps and otherwise making her undetectable. With that done, she would do one final thing to prepare herself. Forming hand seals one more time, the girl would blink and a small floating eye made of crystals appeared above her. She would use the Crystal eye to scout out various areas, to make sure that it really was clear and safe to move in before she tried to just carelessly walk into an area.

With that said, she would prepare a ninja wire trap behind her in case Shusuke or a clone were to come up behind her. She would set the wire trap low, feet level on a doorway, in hopes that they would trip, thus alerting her of their location.

OOC Notes:
(TWC:1027)
(casted basic clone on Shusuke)
(summoned Crush)
(Entered Dance of the Seedling fern, Stealthy dance)
(set Ninja wire trap)

Mitsuha is lvl 3, stat bonus's high=3, average=2, low=1
With bonus/class/lvl/abilities Gen dc becomes +8 gen dc (if using visual gen) and gen save becomes +7 save
Ancient wisdom from Mitsuha's contract +1 gen dc/save= +9 gen dc (when using visual gen)/ +8 gen save, he'll consider everyone except shu and his clones to be allies so they get benefits from his ability as well
If Kazan thinks of Mitsuha as an ally, then +10 gen dc (when using visual gen)/+9 gen save

Hishimoto Chiaso

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, this shouldn't be too hard... He just needed to leave the school? He was planning on doing that in the first place, not like it's the first time he's used this specific kind of genjutsu to deceive his teachers and abscond home to do something else. With a sigh, he'd slowly make the hand sign between his legs, targeting Shu. The next time a student passes in front of Chiaso, he was gone like a ghost. First order of business was finding his way out of the school. He knew the exits, he graduated from here after all. But he didn't know where those clones were hiding. To scout out the area, he'd shift his hands once more, making the signs to create a crystal eye. The eye would swiftly form, almost ghostly in nature, see through and hover in the air without making a sound. He'd wait by a corner, having the eye swiftly scout the exit he was closest to. He only needed to find out where the clones were by the exits. As long as there was only one or so, it made exiting the building a LOT easier. As for how he was planning to get out, Chiaso ran through a few ideas. He'd eventually fall onto using a mix of his own kind of clone technique from stealth, paired with the deception once more in order to bypass the door guard. IF that all went well, Chiaso would be home free and out of this annoying class...
[WC: 253]
[WCT: 804]

OOC:

Chiaso would use deception onto Shusuke
After that his next plan of action is scouting the exit with a crystal eye​
  1. 2, high +2, average and low +1
  2. That'd make it 6
  3. Ghost walker pushes it to 7
  4. Chiaso currently doesn't have any, outside of a genjutsu specifically giving a bonus to a DC

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: Sorry for the delay!))

Shusuke's eyes would sift over to Kiriyomi, the boy who had studied from these Yamanaka training scrolls before. He brow would raise as Kiri would acknowledge that the scroll he was given contained a Jutsu that was a much higher difficulty tier than he could probably use. Shusuke did this on purpose. Out of all of these students and genin before him, Shusuke has worked the most with Kiriyomi and because of this he would make his challenge even harder. He was supplied with resources he cannot use. What would he do in the face of something seemingly impossible? Would he simply give up, or would he improvise and think of a new strategy. Only time would tell. Blinking his eyes the boy would take a Snap Shot of

The Yamanaka boy would wait patiently as the world around him would slowly change and alter. Kiriyomi became stiff and unmoving, the sound of his classroom would go silent, the multiple Mitsuha would make it out of the class room, and Chiaso would simply vanish. He smiled as he watched the students and genin act quickly as the class progressed, well that was until he looked back to Tsukuro. Raising his hand and performing the Cancel Jutsu on himself he would dispel the Deaf Genjutsu at Akio had cast on him to allow the boy to hear whatever piss poor excuse Tsuruko would come up with.

Kiriyomi
As Kohara would flutter around the ceilings of the Academy, it wouldn't take long for the flying ant to navigate the Academy's halls and locate the three clones that stood proudly near each of the main exists, but it wasn't long before he would see that a Tortoise and a Turtle would begin engaging in combat against a clone each. If Kohara would try and enter one of the classrooms he would find the doors to be barricaded on the inside, though for the ant passing through the door frames would still not be an issue, and that the only available escape routes would be the hallways.

Akio
Diving into the very stone floors of the academy was clever thinking on Akio's part, and leaving behind his Contract Summon to accompany one of the Clones to serve as a distraction was even more clever. As the Tortoise launched an attack onto one of the clones, it quickly responded with a Block maneuver by spinning the shaft of the scythe to help decrease the incomming damage, but that wasn't going to be enough to fully dispell this jutsu. The Clone would dart forward, dropping the blade low as it began to shift to a soft glow. Crimson Flash! A powerful slash that consists of all power and speed, lowering one's chance of hitting the target itself. Though if one were to hit, surely blood would follow the performer.

Mitsuha
The conjured turtle was a clever move on Mitsuha's part, especially causing it make such a ruckus to pull the attention of a nearby clone. As the young Kaguya entered her dance her presence nearly vanished, allowing her to stay out of the line of sight and out of the attention of a nearby clone who would round a corner and come face to face with Crush. Running along the walls the clone would dart forward to strike out with Dynamic Slash! The basic two-slash combo done by swordsmen. Nothing more but two simple strikes.

Chiaso
Focusing on scouting around Chiaso would discover the three clones blocking the main exists of the academy, and in perhaps a unexpected twist, Chiaso would discover that two of these clones were now engaged in combat against a Tortoise and a Turtle. There was one path where the clone stayed at the ready, but unless Chiaso wanted to deal with the clones or combat, he would need to find another way out of this school

Tsukuro
"If you aren't here for the class you can leave. I don't have the time to waste on you when I am helping others learn how to use Genjutsu to be a shinobi, not that you would care." He hopped off of the table and would make his way to the doorway. He made a series of handseals to cast out the chakra sense jutsu to allow him to sense where his students were located. He reopened his eyes before letting out a sigh. "Honestly though, why are you here? I know its not just to drop off food. I can take care of myself." His eyes staying in the hallways to watch as his class continued.

OoC Class Time! How to Calculate your Stealth and Awareness!
Now we will be looking at the Secondaries for Stealth and Awareness are different than your Genjutsu DC and Save! Unlike your Accuracies, DC, Dodges, and Save your Stealth and Awareness is unaffected by your Custom Class and as such doesn't get boosted by your Class's High, Average, and Low stats. Much like making an attack, when you want to enter Stealth, you will have your Stealth rolled but instead of it being against your targets, it is against everyone in the encounter. This means 1 Stealtch check can be used against everyone and you do not need to make multiple stealth checks against each enemy.

OoC Homework:
  1. Stealth and Awareness are based on your Stat Average so take your Power Level and Divide it by 6!
  2. The formula for Stealth is (Stat Average x 0.6) + (Agility x 0.4)
  3. Using the Bonus Table from before, find your Stealth Secondary
  4. The formula for Awareness is (Stat Average 0.5) + (Genjutsu x 0.3) + (Chakra Control x 0.2)
  5. Using the Bonus Table from before, find your Awareness Secodnary
Shusuke as an Example:
  1. My PL is 1625, divided by 6 is 270.83 or just 270
  2. (270 x 0.6) 162 + (300 x 0.4) 120 = 282
  3. +10
  4. (270 x 0.5) 135 + (325 x 0.3) 97.5 + (300 x 0.2) 60 = 292.5
  5. +10

Class Rules:
[ P R O G R E S S ]
Hishimoto Chiaso
Kaguya Mitsuha
Kiriyomi
Senju Akio
Yamanaka Tsuruko

Yamanaka Tsuruko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Really? You'd let me go?" Tsuruko reaches out to grab the packed lunch, she starts getting up but she hesitates, deciding to sit back down for a moment. Still chewing on something in her mouth, she she'd frown slightly, looking askance at him with suspicion as she doubts that he really would, letting the packed lunch rest in her lap for the moment. "This is all pretty elaborate for that, i mean, False Surroundings? Really?" She rolls her eyes as her hands rest atop the packed lunch, obscured by the table as they subtly and slowly slip inside a small pouch of lullaby powder, rigging it to be opened along with the packed lunch.

She continues conversation as casually as possible, making sure to keep her eyes off the package.
"I've got to give you some credit though i guess, i didn't know they taught burns like that at the academy. Also like, who knows right? Maybe this is something you organized, or our parents thought you'd make me start doing this again..." She'd stand up now, strolling calmly up to Shusuke's desk to place the pack where he'd specified before, perhaps just slightly closer to him to be within convenient arms reach. "Or maybe they just love you, nerd"

Tsuruko takes a moment to look back at the main exit with her hand on her hip, then returns her gaze to Shusuke. "Seriously though, i figured you'd cooked up another 'lesson' for me" She winces slightly as a subtle signal regarding how the last one was appreciated.

[WC 257]
[TWC 1258]
[Used Lullaby powder]

(i recently updated my profile, ill do this with the new stats)

1. My PL is 445, divided by 6 is 74
  2. (74 x 0.6) 44.5 + (100 x 0.4) 40 = 84.5
  3. +5
  4. (74 x 0.5) 37 + (40 x 0.3) 12 + (100 x 0.2) 20 = 69
  5. +4

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back