Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Break's Over [Contract Search]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Full Moon above, here they were again, on the shores of the seaside paradise that was Sora. As coincidental as the situation was concerning Sora's name and the place where they were, it was less so the second time around than it was the first time. This time, Sora was a little older, a little stronger and a whole lot wiser. This time, he was far more in tune with just what sort of person that he wanted to be, and this time, he was far more in tune with Suigetsu. As far out as he was, he was as alone as Suigetsu had asked him to be. "Hey old man, I'm here." he muttered under his breath. With little other than the waves of the sea and the sandy shore to hear him, he didn't need to mutter but he still understood that there was such a thing as talking to oneself that threw off most people and despite sharing a body with Suigetsu, he still tried his best to appear as normal as possible when he was not in the mental scape that was their shared existence. Mentally hearing a sigh, Suigetsu chimed in from within. "You call me old yet we're exactly the same age physically." "And one of these days I'll get used to that fact but for today, you're old and I'm young. Besides, what did you bring me out here for?"

A momentary pause passing, Suigetsu didn't say anything and then he spoke again. Sora couldn't tell for sure but he was pretty sure that the Ancient was groaning with disdain for dealing with him. "Remember that whole sandworm incident?" "Yeah, you took over and for once I wasn't having to focus on being in the drivers seat." "Yes, something like that...Did you actually pay attention to what I was doing?" "Kinda sorta, it was kind of hard to focus on just what you were seeing and feeling though. It was like I was watching a movie." "I imagined as much." Another sigh and this time, Sora was sure that Suigetsu was shaking his head. "We'll have to work on becoming more in sync, both mentally and especially physically." "What about emotionally?" Though Sora was clearly joking, there was another long drawn out pause and then Suigetsu seemed to acquiesce. "That too. For now, let me show you." And then, without much of a warning, Sora suddenly found himself mentally transported back to that event in the desert.

~ ~ ~ ~

Mentally projecting himself inside Hisao, Suigetsu found himself falling down a deep dark abyss in a world that seemed to house only an eclipsing moon an a large ocean expanse. Bracing himself for impact, he threw out his hands to attempt to slow his descent in the mindscape and while it worked to some degree, even his strong mental control over his own technique couldn't stop him from hitting the water with barely a splash and quickly being sucked down below the slow rolling waves. Though he didn't have to struggle to breathe, as he was dragged down into the watery abyss, he looked up to see the eclipsing moon finally move into place as the light of the star in the sky was replaced with an inescapable darkness. Continuing to fall, though he knew that the moment was passing in mere fractions of fractions of a second, he equally felt himself drowning in the mindscape that was all too familiar to what he knew to be similar to his own.

The darkened skies, the beautifully dark sea and the unimaginable pull towards the watery deep...this place, this person, that Hisao was unknowing but certainly unmistakably of Water Ancient lineage. Whether a hybrid or full blooded, the fact that there was no potent storm keeping Suigetsu out could only mean that Hisao had not unlocked his true nature. Now experiencing this situation, Sora began to recognize just what sort of being that he was dealing with, just what sort of being that he truly was. F Hisao, like so many he was lost and left to fend for himself, probably abandoned by cursed parents and adopted by some unsuspecting family. Sora was in many ways, just like him and Suigetsu wanted to free such ones from the shackles of obscurity, to give them the same freedoms that he himself sought to have. To give them the choice to choose was what Suigetsu wanted for all of his kin but that day was not the day Hisao's salvation. Suigetsu took what he needed for but Sora knew that he would keep tabs Hisao and in fact, he actually had. Sora could very well picture the man as they constantly ran into each other over the course of many projects while working on the airship.

And to think, it was all by happenstance. Sora was quickly realizing that very few things were truly random but in fact were simply many different choices and decisions playing out at a macro level. Seeming to control the dark waters around him, a whirlpool began to form around Suigetsu, emanating from his own screaming voice. He beckoned the waters to do his bidding and as he righted himself, his descent became an ascent as he began to rise from below the depths and to rise steadily upwards towards the open falsely night sky. Water dripping off of his body as he rose, the crashing sound of the whirlpool beneath him gave a monstrous roar as the whole of the sea seemed to be agitated. Suigetsu was ready to free himself from this place as he hovered barely a meter above the water but right before he took off, the slow moving moon moved from its perfect perch to allow a glimmer of light to peak through. It was then that Sora saw what had caught Suigetsu by surprise. He, Suigetsu, did not appear as the himself that he remembered, that Sora had seen many times over in his mind. No, Suigetsu was seeing an amalgam between him and Sora, a true hybrid of the man that he was and the man that he could become.

~ ~ ~ ~

Ending just as quickly as it had began, Sora was violently throw back into the present as his head began to spin from the whiplash of such a mental assault. "Why...how?" His words came out through ragged breathes as if he'd actually been swiming in the torrential waters that he had just mentally been in. "To show you the potential that we have, to show you what we could become." Pausing to let Sora collect himself, Suigetsu continued on. "And to let you know that I've been searching and picking up the pieces of my... our former past life." "Hopefully not by touching on every person that you meet on the street." Smirking from behind gritted teeth, Sora stood fully up and moved to continue walking down the beach that they were on until he came upon a number of large rocks that he could sit on. "No, of course not." Suigetsu seemed more than bothered that Sora was making a mockery of a serious moment. "As you may or may not have noticed, I've been taking over our body while you slept." This time, it was Sora's turn to go silent. "Wha-" he could barely finish the word before Suigetsu spoke up. "And I found something." "And that was?" "Stand up and approach the water."

Defiantly wanting to stay put until Suigetsu explained just what he was doing with their body at night, Sora at first tried to stay seated before Suigetsu's voice boomed in his head. "Sora..." Like a parent with an errant child, Sora jumped to his feet and rushed to the shore which wasn't too many paces away. "Now what?" "Thank you!" Letting the moment simmer, Sora started to speak again but Suigetsu mentally shushed the boy and all that could be heard was the faint ebb and flow of the ocean meeting the shore. If Sora concentrated hard enough, he could just make out the sounds of the nightlife from the shore ever so far away. "Ummm..." "Listen to the sound of the Moon, boy." "But it doesn't exactly have a..." "Just close your eyes and, listen." Though Sora wanted to protest, he did as he was told and closed his eyes, then listened. Though he at first didn't hear anything different, he mentally calmed himself and that was when he heard it. Barely audible at first, at a certain point, Sora wasn't sure if he more felt the sound than heard it and try as he might, as the sound got louder and louder, he could no longer keep his eyes closed and he opened them.

No longer on the beach, Sora found himself and oddly enough, Suigetsu materialized on a white plane that slowly formed itself into that of what he always imagined the Moon to actually look like. He could however, breathe, which made the whole experience all the more shocking. "Where are we? How are we, wait...are we actually on the..." He trailed off as he looked around frantically and finally looked up to see that just as he imagined, he seemed to be looking up at the planet that he always called home in much the same way that he looked up at the Moon. Having turned around, Suigetsu was not freaking out as much as Sora was and when Sora finally turned around, he found himself shocked into silence as there before him was one of the most magnificent creatures that he'd ever laid eyes on. "Where we are isn't as important as why we're here." Speaking instead of projecting his thoughts, Suigetsu walked up to the creature, which, by Sora's estimation was actually a very large otherworldly bat. Held down by chains, the creature cried out in frustration but unlike a sound that he expected to hear, Sora felt the creatures pain in a way that struck him as deeply personal.

"She was my ally, my friend, and they cast her away and bound her in chains in a prison that she couldn't escape from. When they came for my wife, she was there, I had left her there to protect her, and in their great betrayal, they took away the one thing that she always wanted, the one thing that I always allowed of her..." Trailing off, Sora found that the word escaped from his lips effortlessly. "The freedom to fly wherever and whenever she wanted?" Nodding in agreement, Suigetsu walked up to the creature and put a knowing hand on its large wing. "I only found her whereabouts recently but I needed your help in freeing her from this prison." "Why couldn't you just take control of our body and do it yourself. You said that you've been working while I've been asleep, right?" "I have but I could not. This realm, is one of the many where there is no halfway point. Either you fully access it or you do not." "Is this where she is from?" "No, that realm is closed off from us. This, this is a prison like any other. Cold, dark and lifeless." Looking at the creature, though he couldn't put an exact word to it, Sora felt a certain kinship to the creature and her name popped into his head like an old memory coming back to him. "So how do we free Runa?"

Smiling, Suigetsu turned to Sora and beamed with pride. "So it seems that our connection grows stronger!" Sora shrugged. "I can't explain it but sometimes it's like I can read your mind." "More like you're accessing my memories, our memory. In any regard, to free Runa we need to remove the chains holding her down." "Why couldn't she do that herself, she's got to be twice our size!" Shaking his head, Suigetsu began to walk closer to Runa and took hold of the largest of the spectral looking chains. "Because they bound her with chains that only we could undo in a prison that we could only access if we worked together." Seeming to know what Suigetsu was really saying, Sora spoke up. "They never counted on you regaining your memory or me realizing what I truly am." Moving to walk closer to Runa and grab hold of another stretch of the large chain, Sora seemed to know just what to do, something that he attributed to his growing symbiotic relationship with Suigetsu. "So, we free Runa and then what?"

"Then we get stronger and gather our allies of old." "You plan on going to war, old man?" "No, but with that festival that you're wanting to join..." "The Sennin Games?" "Yeah, that." "I wasn't actually planning on joining, just joking with Old Man Kaen." "As our power grows, Mother will grow more aware of us and she might use this distraction to strike." "Just how bad did you mess up to have your own mother so mad at you that she destroyed your home and still wants you dead centuries later?"
As if reminding them of her plight, Runa cried out once more and Suigetsu put a knowing hand on one of her large wings. "We rescue Runa first and then we'll talk later. There's much that you have to learn to being a member of the Water Court." Nodding his head in agreement, Sora pulled at the large chain in his hand and Suigetsu did the same where he was, and despite it making no logical sense, the chains while seemingly heavy, seemed to give with every tug until they were pulled completely off, free Runa who quickly tested her wings and then leaped into the sky. Flapping her large wings with glee, she cried out with more happy demeanor and then began to emit a bright light from within her that quickly eclipsed the the light from everything that they saw.

Blinking, Sora found himself back on the beach where he had started. Feeling the slap of the waves on his feet, he blinked away the residual blinding light and shook his head as he found that he was alone again, or so he thought. Hearing the flap of large gravity defying wings, Sora turned around to find a joyful Runa flying high above him before she quickly came to land on the soft sandy beach and approached him. Standing twice as tall as anybody he'd ever really remembered meeting up close, the large celestial looking bat bowed before speaking to him, mind to mind. "Suigetsu, my friend, the years have been long but I knew that you would rescue me. Thank you!" With no Suigetsu materialized, Sora blushed and respond for him. "It was our pleasure!" "Our? Suigetsu, you speak and appear different from before. Is this another ploy of Suijin's?!?" Growing angered, Runa screeched and took to the skies, angered. It was only when Suigetsu spoke to her, mind to mind that she calmed. "Old friend, it is me, Suigetsu! Suijin may have done many things but this is no trick of hers, in fact, it is a most cruel punishment." Swiftly landing once more, Runa this time drew closer to Sora. "That witch knows no boundaries with her tentacles. Let us renew our fight against her tyranny!" "In due time old friend, in due time. For now however, we must bide our time until we are stronger. My new body is weaker than it was before." "Then we will train and turn this pup body of yours into one that is strong and powerful. Only then will we have our revenge." "Yes, we shall."

OOC: Using the Discovery of Contract of Your Choice asp card for the Bat Contract. The tl;dr is that an old contract ally of Suigetsu/Sora's was locked away in a prison somewhere in space and time that only a Seikon could access. Suigetsu/Sora had no way of knowing until their connection grew stronger which has happened over the course of the last few topics ICly. They've now freed Runa, Sugetsu's old bat summoning contract ally and plan to enact revenge on the matriarch of the Water Court Ancients.

1657141397786.png

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back