Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Burn Wounds

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Lord Steward did not like going to the hospital. He did not like going to the hospital because it meant that he would be admitted. Then in being admitted he would not able to work. Him not being able to work meant things got behind. Things being late and slow was the death of progress. That being said, Sousuke had decided to go to the hospital. He had been seeing things as of late. Patches of fire at the corner of his eye. The problem was that fire was not actually there. He would see the fire, but it was illusionary. He had also been hearing things too. It was concerning because this had been happening for quite some time. He wondered if it was because he was over worked, or if he was slowing attaining a mental illness.

Kyuji was not on hand, so he was going to be subjected to a medical doctor of the system's choosing. That doctor would have an assistant. Those two would then perhaps at length discuss Sousuke's problem with others, and then sooner or later it would be deemed that the Lord Steward was mentally unfit. That was perhaps the greatest fear the Steward had. He had let people down before, but this was perhaps the worst thing of all. So it would come to this. The Steward could only hope that Michi was not lurking about. She was lurking. Ever since she had touched his weaponry, and it spoke to her, that alone had offered the Steward some little bit of hope that he was not mentally ill.

So. Sousuke sat there awaiting the physician to come in. Sousuke's finger tips were scorched as he had a strange encounter. During this encounter, he heard the voice too clearly. Suffice to say several fire jutsus later, and a large scale encounter Sousuke was left slightly singed by his own doing. He was not proud of that either, but when one had a sword that ignited and it burned brightly and powerfully? Something was going to occur sooner or later. Sousuke's armour was damaged severally in other areas. He managed to remove his gauntlet to notice his singed fingertips.

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was late afternoon and the universal lunch hour for doctors was about half way through. The well placed fears of the Lord Steward would be quickly put the rest as the seven foot blonde was already the first doctor back from the break. Eating for Tama was generally an easy task, as in, he didn’t unless it was his day off. The only reason the scientist generally bothered with the break was due to it being mandatory and he had really come to love the coffee shop recently installed in their ever increasing cafeteria and physician’s resting lounge. Blowing a stream of cool air from between his lips over the hot beverage the doctor slipped behind the desk where a diligent nurse continued her job. He eyed an empty chair for a moment and a slightly sad look crossed his face before walking past it towards the shelves of charts.

Taking a sip of the coffee, Tama’s mismatched eyes scanned the new admits until they came across a name that made his hand clench in reflex, almost spilling the drink. Quickly placing his liquid on the desk he grabbed the chart and flipped it opened to check, first, the injuries and reason for admit. Content it wasn’t major but concerned on the details he then scanned through the chart until he reached the practitioner’s name. Tama’s eyes recognized the words written there and had to fight a sneer. The doctor assigned was more known for seeking out cases that would propel his name further ahead in the field. He had talent, no mistake, but the man was much like the scientist had been in his early teens; reckless. There was some slight hope that at least this time the man was going through the trouble of assembling a team so at least there would be someone to balance out his ego.

Too bad this patient was Sousuke.

Glancing over his shoulder briefly to make sure the nurse wasn’t paying attention, Tama gathered chakra into his fingertips and began to force the ink on the page to rewrite itself until only his name remained. The rest of the letters he had reassembled and spread through the chart to make them appear as extra words in the base diagnoses. Closing the chart he pulled down the clipboard full of charts assigned to doctors, found a new patient assigned to himself, and quickly fixed the lettering to switch the assembled team to go help an ailing old woman’s chronic knee pain.
The doctor replaced the charts, fetched his coffee, and wasted no time in walking towards Sousuke’s assigned room. He probably had about an hour, tops, before someone noticed the glitch in the system when a team prepared to help out the Steward was reassigned to something minor. Then another ten minutes before someone figured out where, how, and who. Hopefully by then Tama could diagnose, proper, whatever it was ailing his buddy and offer advice on trying not to sound crazy. Hopefully they wouldn’t revoke his privileges again. Those were hard to get back.

Reaching the door the doctor knocked twice before ducking to enter the room and closing it quietly behind him. Immediately his eyes scanned the man over and noticed the burns on the fleshy hand spared of Sousuke’s armor. Dropping his normal pretext of throwing a random accent in his speech pattern the scientist crossed the room quietly towards the sink and began to wash his hands.
You look far more concerned than you should be staring at those burns my friend. For someone who is used to losing limbs you shouldn’t even so much as balk over burns that are, in comparison, very minor,” Tama grabbed the clean cloth towel on the hook and dried his hands, “What ails you Sousuke?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke sat there looking at his fingers. You did what you had to. Your enemy was a fiend metaphorically and would have killed more people. He was subjected to justice. Our justice.<i></i> It was that voice speaking to him again. The voice of his weaponry. Sousuke was used to speaking weapons, but this one was actually dangerous. It made Sousuke second guess himself. It even so far as making Sousuke question his sanity. Sousuke, surprisingly, took some form of pride that he was a individual who was able to root himself quickly enough in his sanity. Everything could be explained. Everything had an adherence to a rule set. What troubled him when there were things that were not capable of being explained. Jashin was one such thing that troubled him.

Tama arrived, and spoke to him normally. He would stop looking at his finger tips and look up to Tama. He heard the question of what ailed him. "Mental health."<i></i> He answered. Tama was about to be on the receiving end of a Sousuke who was going to be brutally honest. "I am no stranger to talking weaponry, however ... I've never had weaponry tell me to do things or be supportive to a ... fault. I'd rather not go to my psychiatrist. She is a rather ordinary individual who thinks she can psycho analyze the Daimyo and help him not be a morally insane individual."<i></i> He would pause for a moment, "I'm trying to figure out if it's a portion of me trying to become something bigger than I presently am and has staged this, or if my weaponry is actually possessed. It's absurd. I would rather not have the people of Sungakure suffer a blow that ... the man who had been leading them for several years is now locking up in a mental facility with padded walls."<i></i> He would return to looking at his hand. "I've been seeing things too, at times. Fires that ... are not burning things, but are just there? Is it exhausted nerves? PTSD?"<i></i> For Sousuke to question these things, there must have been some serious self doubt. The Tama that was with him, was in part the same Tama like before. There seemed to be some missing aspects of him. He was a younger Tama, that much Sousuke could gather considering his chosen appearance. Trying to figure out what was missing was its own mystery to solve. "For a long time I've been the same person. Maybe too long."<i></i>

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was nearly an audible pause in the doctor’s motion when Sousuke mentioned mental health. The strong cold hand of Karma gripped at his heart for a moment, reminding him of all the blind ambition running amok in the hospital. Tama had chosen wisely to swap the team’s lead to a lesser project.

Of nearly every last staff member in the hospital, no one had the knowledge of medical ninjutsu like himself; at least so he believed. Just from the notes he had recently started to absorb from this previous life of his, the doctor had managed to make leaps and bounds in his career. Unlike his begrudging work he was forced to do as penance for the hospital before, this doctor pounced the toughest of cases without flinching; often leading into procedures that were way beyond kosher medical science. Sousuke was right to fear the normal men and women of healthcare. In Doctor Ryuu, however, he had a stalwart friend willing to throw away even his career to assure the Steward was in proper health. From the moment Tama lifted the hot beverage to his lips again, his mind began to race on how to proceed forth. He turned and looked over his friend with a scrutinizing gaze. The dual-colored eyes stopped on the burns. In a few short steps his giant presence was across the room, kneeling at Sousuke’s bedside and raising the burned hand closer to his eyes.

Chakra burning. The scientist recognized the symptom immediately given his own pains with it. There was once a time that his chakra coil wasn’t completely organic and often any time he tried to use his own energy with it there would be a hefty backlash. The marks on his friend’s hand reflected just that by the oddity of the burns themselves. Mentally he cursed himself for not better studying his notes on Radiation jutsu as it could quickly prove his theory by revealing the hairline burn leading from his chakra coil to the finger tips; a wound he was sure was there. Lowering the hand back down the scientist stood up slowly and raised the coffee back to his lips for a second to put what he was certain of into words.

From just basic analysis I would say the burns on your fingers are not from a real fire. The scorching is more under the flesh than outer. This is usually caused by either an incredible Genjutsu capable of reversing the flow of chakra in a certain spot, which can cause a special type of friction that creates a burn like wound, or…something is forcing out your own chakra against you. Fortunately, I have personal experience with both, so lets see these swords…I assume you have them somewhere close, yes?

He was probably going to need a bigger room…

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke gave Tama a stare for a moment and considered the options of the situation. He was certain it wasn't a genjutsu. "Genjutsu rarely manifests as an actual physical wound, with a few exceptions."<i></i> The problem also was that he was dealing with things he had little experience in. This pretty much in the realm of 'toying with powers one does not truly comprehend', the problem was that this was occurring much later than much sooner. Was his own chakra being used against his own will? Sousuke had to think about that too. Maybe? He was indeed a master of many fire jutsus, and even their cousin elements when combined with other base elements. In response to this Sousuke answered, "Mutually assured destruction doesn't normally count as using a technique against your own will. In the case of a larger threat, and such destruction is guaranteed, one will do what they must in order to survive."<i></i> He commented.

Tama asked if he had his weaponry on his person. Sousuke would nod. He would reach into his neckline and remove a necklace with what first appeared to be two crosses. He would place it on the table and he would blow a sickly blue for a moment and the two crosses would transform into twin silvered blades. The weaponry looked normal for the most part. There was a refined old charm about the twin weapons. The weapons looked like they were from an age past, kept in pristine condition. The twins had one small difference. There were small coins attached to chains at the bottom of the pommel. The first coin would be the image of a flame, the other coin would be the image of a bird soaring into the sky. This was a small change that Sousuke had done to the original blades. He thought that it made them look ornate and unique. "As a matter of fact, I do have these on my person. I can call them at will. They have never failed to answer the call either."<i></i> He explained to Tama. His eyes looked to the weapons. "Do be careful. There is a negative feedback effect that occurs when people touches my weaponry. Most of the time it's ... quite literally the person being given negative feedback about this person."<i></i> One might call it an insult. One might call it a harsh critique of an individual. Either way nothing really 'good' happened when others were met when they touched the blade. These were the same weapons that had cut Tama during their battle in the Grand Palais.

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The doctor watched in full interest as his friend reached up to his necklace and remove the trinkets that would then turn themselves into full swords. Barely paying much attention to Sousuke’s warning the scientist began to reach down towards the hilt of one of the blades. His father had been a master swordsman before the madness took over and even then one would argue that he was still quite the opponent. The ability to wield a sword ran in his blood and at one time he had some decent practice with a blade but that was far longer ago than he’d even be able to believe. Inches away from one of the weapon’s handles Tama felt a shock run up his arm causing him to recoil.

It wasn’t the weapon’s doing but that of his own hidden sides. Deep in his genetic code something stirred causing the doctor’s normally sun-kissed skin to turn pale. The bound spirit of Karma inside of him seemed to be suspiciously silent as well. That was two red flags. His monochromatic eyes scanned the room, scaling its height and length before conducting some quick math. After about ten seconds of him mouthing numbers silently a frown slipped over his lips.
There isn’t going to be enough room here, I don’t think,” he spoke with a reply as he waved his hands over the weapons he was now considering to be incredibly dangerous. Something even beyond Karma was warning him not to touch those weapons and for once he thought he might listen.
We’ll need to relocate to a much larger room…and since you’re not my patient I think I might need to,” Tama raised his fingers to make air quotation marks, “ ‘kidnap’ you. Is the basement in your house still operational? I’d rather not move this to my house, I have enough experiments active there right now. Anything as big as this might set one or two of them off and then we’d be living in a hole again![/color]”

Tama chuckled to himself and reached down to grab his coffee as he waited to see if the Steward was amenable to moving locations. Unfortunately it wasn’t the black-hot liquid in a cup his hand gripped but one of the two blades; the one with an image of flame etched into the coin.
Oh for the love of the Kami…

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke stared at Tama as he spoke, he was giving Tama his full attention. He watched Tama turn pale, and that was a concern. Sousuke knew to watch people's reactions. Watching reactions provided more information than allowing them to explain. It was something of a concern observing the Tama grow pale, and then speak. His first words did not really fill him with confidence. Tama did not touch his weaponry, which spoke volumes. It was possible that Tama was scared. Usually Tama was inquisitive and would without hesitation jump at the unknown, so long as the female gender was not involved. Sousuke would then listen more as Tama spoke to him about needing to relocate. Tama made the suggestion of going to Sousuke's household and using the basement like he did when he needed to operate on his eye. "The term kidnapping only works when one of the two parties involved is not agreeable, and it is usually the party who is being taken without consent."<i></i> He would remark. This was hardly a kidnapping. Sousuke would look up at the ceiling for a moment. "It's a possibility Teke might be around. Grandmother is playing cards. Mother and Father will be out. So I think this should be fine."<i></i> The notion that Tama's house itself was off limits was somewhat concerning as Tama straight up told him he was working on something dangerous. Sousuke raise an eyebrow at Tama. "That does not fill me with confidence."<i></i> He admitted.

It took Sousuke maybe a moment to consider what Tama said was a joke. Even then he wasn't entirely sure if it was a joke. "You're joking right? I cannot really tell most times. It's a thing people do, and I have difficulty in understanding it as such."<i></i> Tama was chuckling. That usually was a sign of a joke. Sometimes this thing called belly laughter was involved as well. This did not happen at all. It was just the chuckle. Even then the follow up was concerning as Tama invoked the name of 'Kami', which again was a concerning thing. Tama was not what one would consider a godly person. He was far too much taken into science. "You've noticed something that I did not."<i></i> He would admit, Sousuke was well aware of his own shortcomings. "I suppose we will discuss the matter as we move to my household."<i></i> He would speak as he would transform the weaponry back into its trinket state. He would look to Tama to confirm that he was indeed coming. Once confirmation was given the two would go to the Takahashi household.

[Will make a new topic, and once Tama has posted, the topic will be considered ended]

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sosuske’s words quickly began to fade moments after Tama’s hand touched the hilt. He felt a heartbeat resonate through his entire being and his vision went black. Shortly after he began to smell sulfur and burning flesh. Memories stored in his genetic code, and not in his fleshy brain, caused a great fear to well up inside of him. He wanted to open his eyes but couldn’t as if he was afflicted with sleep paralysis. His body would not obey his commands no matter how much he tried to scream for freedom. There was just a voice, a hateful and unrelenting voice,
You…your kind…how dare you still roam this land….”

But it wasn’t a voice. There was no words or sound, only the cackling of burning embers. It was a feeling. Something hated him. It hated Tama to his very core but not for the reasons most people disliked him. No this was a hatred not of him but of his lineage. Without a single word the emotions of this presence in the darkness was so resolute and powerful it bowed the pride of the Solar Ancient hiding inside of the scientist’s genes. After standing in the flames of the being’s hatred for what felt like months to Tama, he was finally able to force his eyes open.
He expected to see a terrifying being beyond comprehension ready to burn away the remainder of his sanity. Instead it Sousuke’s hospital room. The heat was replaced by the cool air of a crystal conditioned breeze blowing from one of the room’s vents. The mixed smells of body fluids and cleaning chemicals replaced the ones of burning flesh and sulfur. Looking down at his hand it had released grip of the blade though his flesh had turned now to a deathly pale and was sweating metaphorical ice. The hand griped itself into a fist before the doctor wiggled the fingers and finally shook his hand to prove to his mind he was staged back in reality once more.
Y-yes, of course…joking,” he replied brokenly as his spare hand clutched the hand that had dared grip one of the weapons before him. It drew it close to his body as he stared at the sword the Flame Lord was imprisoned in. It was a stare of both fear and prejudice as he reached back down, with the other hand, to grab his coffee carefully and step back away from the items on the table.
I’ll inform the staff that you’ll be checking out and that the symptoms were minor. It’ll be a small blow to my career owning up to my trickery, but, at least the majority of Suna will breathe a sigh of relief knowing that at least one doctor cleared you. We’ll get down to the real matters at hand in a few moments…

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back