Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Calling All Medics (Free, Open, All MiT or Above Requested)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
e5FoBhr.jpg

Enzeru looks at himself in the full length mirror, frowning at the image he saw before him. He still looked too military, too straight-backed. He was hoping to give an air of….something else. Still, there was only so much that could be done with two decades of forced training in this method of existing. His outfit wasn’t helping either. At 5’7”, Enzeru was not particularly tall. And while he had bulked up to 190lbs, he still looked a bit on the small side. But his uniform helped make up for it. Dark blue with white trims, it was a thing of foldings and buckles that simply reeked of military. It also fit well enough to allow a full range of movement.

Those who would look at him would see that first, the uniform against his pale skin. But then they might be drawn to his hair and eyes. Both were black as the void, and much like the void each had flecks of color that seemed to…move and shift. Mostly blue. Looking into his eyes was much like looking into a starry sky. A reminder of his apparent heritage. Then there were the gloves. He refused to take the gauntlets off when he was out and about, and their unique properties of shifting allowed him to hide them well. In this case, white gloves. With the golden braid on his right shoulder, the fact that this uniform was for someone who held a high rank was quite apparent. An ANBU Captain of Mist was a prestigious rank to have.

Enzeru turns from the mirror and grabs his hat, matching the rest of the uniform. Donning it, the Hunter heads to his new office. Or rather, a conference room.

-----------

The letter had gone out to everyone MiT or above. It was short, it was simple, and it made its point.
To all Mednin in Training or higher:
There is a meeting in the conference room off the psych ward. Your presence, while not required, is highly recommended. There will be a discussion of a new team within the Mednin branch. As well as a meet and greet for those who do not know one another.

~Enzeru

It might be considered a bit much, but he joined this branch with the blessing of his friend for a purpose, and he would assume he had the authority to fulfill that purpose. Sousuke was more than a mere friend, in truth. They fought together, they bled together, and they very nearly died together. A shield brother at the least. To Enzeru, having one you can trust is more than even family. And he would not fail his new family.

He stood beside the microphone of the conference room, but had little doubt it would be unnecessary. The man still stood with his military bearing. That would likely not be going anywhere. He did, however, try to do a show of openness by supplying snacks. Cupcakes, doughnuts, a few sushi plates. And none of it was poisoned, even. For now, he would wait.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“I have someone very special for you to meet Kas.” The young puppy's tail started wagging erraticly as Kichiru spoke to her whilst crouched down to her level. “In fact, she's what brought me to you!” A soft moist tongue covered his cheek in canine saliva, resulting in a burst of laughter from the young boy. “I'm sure you'll love her. She used to love dogs and I know she would have loved you. Let's go Kas.” With that he opened the door and left his small home with his young canine companion trailing right behind him. Over the past week Kichiru had cared for Kas, making sure that any remaining damage from the wounds she suffered were gone for good and she would live a far happier life than she had as a stray pup. Although his mother wasn't necessarily pleased to find the new tenant in her abode, she was hard-pressed to find it in her heart to refuse the young boy's wishes to adopt the pup after hearing his story. After all, he had saved her. It was clear from the moment she saw them together that a bond had formed almost instantaneously between them.

It wouldn't take them long before they arrived at the Omni-Medical Facility, though their destination was not inside but directly outside the front entrance where a small monument stood as a reminder to those whose lives were lost due to the destruction caused by the rampaging Djinn, one of which being Kichiru's eldest sister Kasumi. “And here we are Kas.” The young pup looked up confused as she looked towards the piece of black marble, in which far too many names were engraved of those who had been lost. “Look... right..” his finger slowly scanned the piece of marble for the spot he knew far too well “here. Maki Kasumi. That's my sister. She brought me to you Kas!” he smiled as he spoke looking towards the young pup who simply became excited at the mentioning of her own name, which she had surprisingly become quite accustomed to in a rather short period of time. “Kasumi, I'd like to introduce you to Kas. I know you would have loved her. Thank you for bringing me to her, though I also wanted to talk about something that happened recently...” His eyes grew sullen as he stared towards the ground beneath his feet, images of what he had seen in Soon's Haven and what had happened afterwords coming back to him. “I had taken a trip to Soon's with father... My first time being out of the village; I think I told you about that. But... I saw.. I mean... I..” The words simply didn't desire to be uttered as images of the many individuals he had watched have the life quickly torn away from them...

Just as he was about to muster up the courage to continue, he noticed in the corner of his eye Kas running off towards the entrance of the hospital. “Wah!? Hey! Kas, wait up!”Though his words would be of little effect as the young puppy quickly followed after a scent she had picked up coming from within the hospital, specifically that of fresh food that was being brought in for a conference happening within the walls of the facility. “I'm sorry. I'll leave as soon as I get her!” He spoke as he ran through the doors of the hospital after Kas. As he began to pick up speed in his pursuit of Kas through the halls of the hospital it would become quickly apparent that the young energetic puppy thought of his chase as a game of sorts, causing her to spring far faster than he could towards the source of the scent. They would soon find themselves entering a conference room which held the source of the scent: a decently-sized spread of various types of fresh food. He quickly plucked Kas up from the floor, only to realize that he was standing in the middle of a conference likely to occur quite soon with a man in strange military garb he had never seen beforehand. “Oh.. I'm.. I'm sorry.. My dog smelled the food and.. Well, you know..” He smiled towards the man as he held the hungry pup up with one arm and ran his remaining hand through his spiked black hair.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Avenger.Edmond.Dantegraves.600.1985377_zpsjqjr40xh.jpg

Birth/Real Name: Kanemoto Akujin
Adopted Name: Byakko Kyūji
Alias: Mikisugi Kyūji
Physical Age: 25
Actual Age: Older than 25, probably early 30's
Height: 6 feet tall
Weight: Wouldn't You Like to Know
Day of Birth: October 5th
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Village: Sunagakure/House Byakko, Formerly Iwagakure
Alignment: ????
Religion: Celestial Winds
Languages: English(Site Generalized Language), Runic Terran(Suna Language)
Skin tone: Well he was white but now he is darker like all of Kuro's clan apparently. He is not black, but has a tan I would say.
Eyes: Golden(They glow yellow in some situations) and they are feline-like eyes
Glasses: Not anymore, corrected visions through taking the Byakko Oath
Hair: Long, straight and white. I suppose if you would like a reference image look at Inuyasha.
Hands and feet: He has normal feet, but his hands are cat-like claws.
Markings/Tattoos: Silver-white markings formed around his left hand and forearm; also Byakko Tenshi seal is on his back.
Other features: Neko-ears
Relationship: Married to Lady Yanshi in the Eyes of Byakko/Betrothed to the Head of the Byakko Clan in Normal Eyes
Children: Kyushiko(Daughter) and Yanjirou(Son)
Looks Like: Avenger from Fate Grand Order|
Edit_zpsdfmpmbs7.jpg

Birth/Real Name: Byakko Yanshi Shouken
Known Titled Name: Lady Byakko Yanshi
Nickname: Shou Shou
Physical Age: 32
Height: 5 feet 8 inches tall
Weight: 150
Day of Birth: March 10th
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Village: Sunagakure, House Byakko
Alignment: Neutral Good
Religion: Celestial Winds
Skin tone: Snow white unless angry or in battle then honey brown
Eyes: Golden(They glow yellow in some situations) and they are feline-like eyes
Hair: Long, straight and white.
Hands and feet: She has cute feet, but her fingers and toes have cat-like claws.
Markings/Tattoos: Silver-white markings formed around her right hand and forearm in symbolic union and mirror to her husband's; Byakko Tenshi seal on her back.
Other features: White tiger-ears
Relationship: Married to Kyuji in Byakko's Eyes/Betrothed to Kyuji in Normal Eyes
Looks Like: Black Hanekawa from Nekomonogatari[/col]

The heads of the Byakko Clan of the Hidden Sand Village had received the letter from the man whom was addressing himself as Enzeru earlier in the week for the designated time and place that they were heading towards right now. The letter was mentioning a discussion about a new medical team within the branch along with it being a meet-and-greet for everyone who didn't know everyone else; the man definitely had nerve arranging a meeting when he had just been added to the Medical Team in recent weeks, but both of the Byakko members would hear him out as he might actually have a good idea that could benefit the whole branch. After all, many of the members of the Medical Branch, including Kyuji, had been foreigners that had stepped into the village to try to help it out and were offered positions in the medical field. In the case of Kyuji, he merely was looking for his now brother, Toraono Kuro, to talk about the village when he stumbled upon his wife and they had instantly fell in love which pretty much made him a part of the village and the Toraono Clan. And here he was now, the Medical Chief of the branch and the head of the Medical Council making him the figurehead for the entire branch until they assigned a Sennin or he was removed from his leadership position. In either case, it would be a cold day in Hell until that happened if he had any say over it!

It would only take them a few minutes to get to the room that was designated for the meeting where they would see snacks had been provided and a black-haired man in a military style outfit was standing in the front of the room probably the one that was going by the name of Enzeru. The feline-like couple would take the first two seats that they came across in the room as they noticed a spiky-black haired individual and his mutt in the room as well. The boy looked far too young to be a medic-in-training, but who knew how young they are being made trainees nowadays. In either case, the two feline-like individuals were slightly on high alert as neither of them particularly liked canines and it was evident on their faces as they glared at the mutt and his master.

But, nothing was said between them or to anyone. Both were staying quiet to see what this proposal by this military man was about. Hopefully, they weren't the only two that were going to attend this meeting of sorts. The last time a meeting was called for the medical branch, only a handful of people showed up and the meeting had not gotten anything truly accomplished. True, Kyuji had gotten to be medical head, but nothing else had happened and the medics that were in the meeting had not come back to work in ages. Hopefully, they were doing all right.

As for their attire, they both were wearing white robes bearing their clan's and the village's emblems on the right sleeve and left sleeve respectively. Their hair was down and allowed to flow if there was any air flow in the room which hopefully there was since the room would get unbearable if they had none. The rest of their appearance was concealed under their robes, but they were holding hands and their hands resembled that of a feline's minus the fur. Both sets of eyes were their normal golden hue and aside from being on edge because of the dog, they were much relaxed.

[OOC: Topic Entered as Akujin/Kyuji and NPC Byakko Yanshi. Will be using Snapshot Mastered at the end of the thread to record what happened to play it back for the Medics and MiTs who are not here.]

Kurosawa Nataku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
PossibleSenkaku.jpg

A letter. This was strange. Beyond strange, even. Nataku never received letters. Only a handful of people even knew who he was, and even less actually spoke with him. So how was someone able to deliver a letter to him? It became rather apparent once he read the letter. It was delivered to all those within his branch. There was a meeting, something about a new team and a meet and greet. A new team was something that intrigued him, but a meet and greet was exactly the opposite. Yet, one thing stood out more than anything else: The letter was signed by someone named Enzeru.

This was not a familiar name, not even remotely. While Nataku managed to keep himself largely under the radar, he still kept tabs on other people. He knew most of the names and faces of those he should, or at least had heard of them. For an unrecognized name to be calling the branch to a meeting, that gave him unease. He almost felt like he had to be there, if only to keep people safe and make sure no shady business went down. There was also an unwritten sense of urgency to the letter; there was no date or time. It just gave a location.

So he didn't hesitate. Nataku opted for a black, long sleeve shirt to go underneath his medical vest he wore. Additionally, he wore black gloves. This had become a standard for him, to hide the marks of the seal that bound him to Kuro. He did not have any visible weapons on his person either, but that was a choice he made when operating as a medic to not appear intimidating. He looked rather professional, but most of that could be attributed to his mannerisms moreso than his choice of clothing. He was already en route to the designated conference room.

--

On his way in, he noticed the staff was a bit disgruntled. Apparently some kid had come through shouting and chasing after a dog. Nataku was amused by this, but did not let it show on his face. Visibly, he was all business. The first thing he noticed when he entered the room was the smell of food. Then, the people. There was a couple, seated, who appeared quite reserved. There was a very young boy, definitely out of place, with a friendly looking dog. Internally, Nataku enjoyed the thought that he now had a face for the one who had caused the ruckus. He also secretly liked dogs, but this was not the time for that. He made almost no noise when he entered. He moved a few feet from the door and leaned against the back wall, facing the front.

That's when his eyes fell on the man. This man looked as serious as Nataku, but dressed even more professionally. He wore a uniform, and stood straight and gave off a vibe that was rarely seen. Still though, his face was unfamiliar. At this point, all that he could do was wait and see what the man had to say. He figured this must be the Enzeru that had sent the letter. Nataku just quietly waited and said nothing. He was not one for small talk. Silent observation was more his style.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Gokou.Ruri.600.1777338.jpg
A letter was sent to a Kyoujouran Sakura and after reading it she wanted to leave immediately, however she did have duties she must perform. Sakura did not treat patients in the hospital like most of her branch. She treated those who chose to stay at home. Most were elderly men ready for death to finally take them away, while others were those with chronic ailments who would require treatment for the rest of their lives.

Before heading to the meeting she went to the house of a blind girl with chronic anemia. Her name was Hakuren and her room was full of pets. Sakura was aware that she belongs to the Yamanaka clan and that she supposedly uses these pets to see and explore the world. This always make Sakura smile for a young girl like this should not have to live out their lives imprisoned at home.

Sakura does her normal routine checking blood pressure and other various things. She asks routine question and avoids unneeded conversations. She was in a hurry after all and Hakuren being a bright lass picks up on that. Unknown to her when Hakuren fell asleep she used her jutsu to enter into Sakura’s mind. Usually Hakuren would intently take control of the person she possesses, but this time she did not. Instead Hakuren just hid in the back of Sakura’s mind and watched.

With that trip done Sakura heads over to the Omni Prime Medical Facility. Hakuren wonders why she was such a rush until Sakura takes another look at the letter to check the location. Hakuren sees that her favorite nurse has been summoned along with the rest of the medical staff, however Hakuren did not recognize the name and wonders if Sakura did. Eventually Sakura enters the conference room off the psych ward and sees a few people have gathered. Instantly Hakuren recognizes Maki. He was the boy at the training ground and the boy that loved dogs. If she recalls right his sister was Kasumi who worked at the old hospital. Haruren always had a good memory of what she sees and hears while spying. Did this boy follow in his sister’s footsteps? Sakura takes one of the cupcakes and takes a seat.

[Entering within the body of faceless npc Kyoujouran Sakura: Mednin-Rank]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
BIx6NzG.png

Despite coming off of a rather long shift on the Veterinary Wing, when Kimi found the letter in her mailbox, she could only smile and begin prepping for the meeting. She entered the locker room and pulled out a fresh set of medic clothing. A short shower and messy hairstyle later and she made her way to the conference room. She walked in behind a couple people she somewhat recognized and a few she did recognize. And just in time to hear someone proclaim that their puppy had smelled food.

Among the little group was an academy student and their puppy. She walked over to where the kid and Enzeru stood and smiled softly at the lad. "Don't worry about it, puppies are apt to rush after something that smells good. I remember when my companions were little. As soon as they smelled their favorite treat, they would rush off to the kitchen. I know they tripped more than one person on their trip. Come to think of it, they still do that at times." Kimi trailed off with a soft guffaw.

She smoothed her coat as she looked up and saw Lady Byakko and her husband Kyuuji - or whatever they were to most people. Kashiro had informed her that they were married by the Byakko clan standards. Kimi slightly bowed to them both, her eyes flashing the blue of Kashiro. "Well met, clansmen.<i></i> It is awesome that so many have showed up. I wonder how many will eventually show."

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Enzeru watches as the people arrive. All were preceded by a child with a dog. Normally he would admonish someone for bringing a dog into the hospital, but considering shinobi were treated here, he was sure there were many people with their animal companions present already. Nothing was quite so hard as separating an Inuzuka, or god forbid his own Nekozuka betrothed, from their four legged friends. Enzeru was just thankful the bed was mostly left to the two of them and not some large feline presences in addition. He looks at the kid for a moment, taking in the details present. This one was put to memory, which with Enzeru meant quite a bit of time. His dark eyes meet those of the kid before handing him some food that would safe for the dog and telling him to take a seat. Before protests could be raised, Enzeru’s attention would snap to the next two to enter.

Gold eyes, white hair. They also were close. Siblings, most likely then. No, holding hands. Siblings didn’t do that often from his experience. He discerned their similar appearance less of a genetic closeness and more than likely the reason they were drawn to each other. Like begets like. Still, they said nothing as they sat, and their method of dress definitely gave the impression of haughtier. People of a higher station? He didn’t much care, he was here to do a job and not play at politics. Instead he offers a nod to the couple and looks as yet more enter.

A younger man with the appearance of someone who cared. This was indeed an oddity to most of the shinobi world. Enzeru, of late, felt that far too many were expressing their uniqueness in ways that was best left outside of work. No one wanted to know the person about to operate on them was covered in pink tattoos of a demon and had a matching Mohawk and a pierced septum and a bull ring going through it. He was followed by a woman that Enzeru gave a double take too. Purple hair was not something he saw a lot of, but other than that she was definitely not Kimi.

Instead Kimi came in last, her smile making everything just a bit brighter. And perhaps she could see the minute change on his face. It would be nearly impossible except for those who knew him well enough to know such moods on him.

”Welcome. I’ll go ahead and get started. Hopefully we’ll get a few more to come in later but I think we’ve been waiting long enough.” His voice was quite a match to his appearance. It was not the deepest of voices, but it was definitely confident and authoritative. There was no hesitation in his words, and yet it was obvious they were chosen with some care to them. ”I am Kagyaku Enzeru. I have recently been accepted into the village of Sunagakure as a Mednin by Sousuke. While I do not wish to speak for him, one of my ideas which led to my joining this branch is what I am here today to discuss.”

“Before I go into that, I think some details about me should be given. Before I joined Sunagakure, I spent a few years here in the Nekozuka estate as a bodyguard of the clan heiress. I have also helped with the tracking down and elimination of several bounties, and aided a team in the removal of the leader of the Cabal. Before that, I lived for weeks at a time in the most inhospitable place on this planet, what is left of my original home of Kirigakure. I made forays into that hell to stop people from going in and to try to find any survivors. When Mist was a thriving village, I was an ANBU Captain. I earned that rank not by politics but by doing my job and protecting that land.”

“What I am here to propose is actually quite simple. I’m going to be making a team within the Medical branch. These people I will train not only as Mednin, but also with my experience as an ANBU. One thing that keeps many people from joining the Medical field in any village is the stigma surrounding it that Mednin are always in need of protection, or cannot hold their own in a fight. While I know this to be far from the truth, I also know that none are given the same level combat training as an ANBU. This team will be. We will be the Mednin who are qualified to go on the covert missions alongside ANBU. We will be the Mednin who do not need protection or even the illusion of such.”

“Yes, these people will be trained equally in saving or taking a life. If the thought of this bothers you, then the team is not one you would consider joining. But in addition to the typical things any medic should be capable of, I will also oversee their education in forensics, tracking, stealth, and unique combat scenarios that none expect of this branch.”

“If you’re interested, then after this meeting simply inform me. But for now, there are snacks, and I think it best if I get to know more about each of you.”
That was the most he’d spoken to anyone besides Kimi, and possibly Sousuke, in the past two years. Still, now that it was done he scanned those present, not seeming to relax. Indeed, even Kimi had only rarely seen him in a relaxed state. Some things simply did not die easy. And his training was one of those things.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It didn't take much longer for people to start to file into the conference room for the meeting it seemed that Kichiru was clearly intruding on thanks to the hunger of his young pup Kas. The first to enter was a pair of Med-nins in traditional white robes adorned with a few emblems noting their clan and village. Kichiru's eyes lit up as the realization dawned on him “Kyuji-sensei! Hello!” He quickly bowed, Kas still in his arms, as he greeted one of his teachers from the Academy. Although he had not taken on more than the one class with Kyuji, it was clear that he remembered it vividly due to it being the first he had attended. In his mind, it marked an extremely special day on his journey.

A reassuring voice came through as Kichiru turned towards the entrance of the room to meet the eyes of the newly arrived woman who appeared to know quite a bit about the behavior of puppies. “Haha.. Yeah, she can be a handful sometimes. But she knows she's wonderful.” He raised Kas up to his face so he could look at her face-to-face “Isn't that right Kas?” With a gleeful bark she moved forward in his grasp and licked his face, much to his happiness as he let out a short childish laugh.

The next arrival was a man that Kichiru had never seen before. One dressed in almost all black with a seemingly emotionless face. It was strange to Kichiru, who essentially wore his emotional state on his sleeves for all to witness. He gave a slight nod of acknowledgment, though it didn't take long for Kas to find an opportunity to wrestle out of Kichiru's grasp. “Wah.. Hey! Come on!” Kas headed straight towards the newly arrived man, tail wagging and tongue hanging slightly from her mouth. She was clearly excited to see the new individual for some reason unknown to the student. Moments before she would manage to attempt to assault the man with her unique brand of affection, Kichiru managed to swoop his arms down and bring her back up into them once more. “That was a close one.. Haha.. Sorry about that.” He held out a hand towards the man, making sure to keep Kas properly restrained with the other.“Maki Kichiru. Nice to meet you sir!”

Minutes later another arrival appeared. At this point Kichiru expected to not recognize any faces, Kyuji's simply being a coincidence it seemed. He nodded to her politely as she entered the room and took her seat among the others. It was at this point he figured he should make his exit before the meeting was to start as to not interrupt them, but unfortunately this did not seem to be the case as the military-clad man who would come to be introduced as Kagyaku Enzeru approached him to hand him food, appearing to motion it more towards Kas than Kichiru himself. “But sir-” And with that he was quickly hurried into a seat and then turned away from before he could continue his explanation. With a look of confusion, he placed the plate onto the table in front of him and slowly brought piece by piece of food towards his lap where Kas patiently sat. In a low whisper “Good girl.. You have to be quiet.. Just do that for me and I'll give you plenty of treats when we get home. Okay Kas?”

Kichiru then simply sat and listened as Enzeru spoke to the room, making sure to occasionally take a piece of food and feed it to Kas whenever she became slightly restless in his lap. Enzeru seemed to be quite the distinguished figure, though that was said plenty simply by being appointed such a high ranking on his own personal merit. Personally, Kichiru had plenty of issues with the idea of taking a life. Though this was of course not even a meeting that was meant to be witnessed by the young student. In his sparring session with Yanjirou he had found the confidence to fight head-on, though his lack of desire to cause too much pain in the end came to be a disadvantage for him. He knew there would come a day when he might have to take a life, though he prayed often that it would be so that others may live. Life was sacred to him, and it was not something to be stripped away meaninglessly. Even the harshest of criminals should at least be treated with respect in their final moments. That was the right we have had since birth.

Once Enzeru had finished, Kichiru decided to keep to himself, despite his rather social nature. It would be obvious to anyone who looked at him that he didn't belong here and likely made it here out of some freak accident that went unresolved for some reason or another. Perhaps they would question Enzeru's motives for allowing him to stay, or perhaps they simply wanted the meeting to conclude so they could go on with their daily activities. Either way, Kichiru would try his best not to draw attention to himself unless otherwise spoken to.

Course, that was Kichiru's plan. Kas, seemingly feeling forgotten as Kichiru had gotten lost in Enzeru's speech and therefore not having yet fed her the last remaining piece of food, decided to let out a whining bark that echoed throughout the rooms only seconds after Enzeru decided to finish. Kichiru's hand snapped out towards the plate and brought the piece of food directly in front of Kas's mouth, hoping to quiet her before she caused any more disruption. “Sorry about that. Well, since you're all focused on me anyhow. I'm Kichiru of the Maki family. It's a pleasure to meet all of you! Technically I'm not supposed to be here as I am a student at the Academy, but apparently there is no such force that can stop a young puppy's hunger, haha! Some of you might have known my sister, Kasumi. She used to work at the old medical facility before the attack on it. Funnily enough, I was planning on trying to join the Medical-branch myself if I was able to graduate from the academy. Maybe you brought me here for a reason, huh Kas?” The young boy smiled gleefully towards his companion, who had this point had been resting on the empty plate and quickly reached up towards his face and licked him once again, causing the room to momentarily fill with a delightful childish laugh before Kas had stopped. Once his laughter subsided, Kichiru bowed slightly towards the room “Oh! I forgot to say. Enzeru-sama,” he turned towards the head of the room “Would the people in this new team still be focused on protecting others? I feel that's probably the reason why, at least it will be for me, people joined this branch. I want to protect the people of this village, whether it be one of the highest-ranking officials or a child born to a poor family.” His head then turned towards the rest of the room “We need to be able to protect those we love. And I know that I love every single person in this village because, in a weird way, you're all my family. And I would do anything to make sure we prosper.” His bright smile reached from cheek to cheek as he nodded once more before taking his seat with a final “Thank you.”

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would appear that this meeting was going to start off as least a little better than the previous one that the descendant of Byakko had called for. People were filing into the room quicker than a fat kid could finish his ice cream cone and it pleased both of the Byakko members as their judgmental eyes continued to look at each new person that entered the room trying to recall if either of them knew any of them, but unfortunately, most of these faces were new aside from Kimi who entered last and seemed to be the last one prior to the meeting starting. As the meeting would start, both Byakko members would look around at the new blood in the room and all the new people who would be working under Kyuji in the foreseeable future in the Hospital and possibly the Byakko Infirmary! Fortunately, nobody had directly addressed them thus far and it gave them time to relax and just take in everything that was around them like the good little feline-humans that they were. Well nobody except for the spiky black haired lad who knew Kyuji but he didn't know him or so he wouldn't for now.

The man in the front of the room would call this meeting to a start by introducing himself and making their assumptions true; it was the man who summoned them and he was also a medical ninja from the acceptance of their Lord Kazekage. It was an interesting way to get approval into the Medical Branch since Kyuji was always around and willing to talk to people about the branch, but he just let it run off his shoulders as he continued to listen to the individual who was going by the name Enzeru. This man was certainly giving the formal introduction to everyone about his life which was fine and dandy, but it didn't address the matter at hand which was slightly annoying both of the busy Byakko members. Yet, it was good to know his history to know where he came from as he could prove to be a valuable asset to the branch and especially the Byakko Clan if they could befriend one another. But for now, his speech would continue to the proposal that he had in mind for the branch which was to train medics in the arts of the ANBU along with their medical arts so that they could prove to be more valuable assets to the village and not be deemed weak and defenseless people who needed protection. This proposal in all honesty was a good idea in some ways, but also quite idiotic in other ways considering this man was trying to make a team within the medical branch and create a bigger blow to the already weak branch due to their lack of members due to the Cabal attacks. The Cabal attacks did not only increase the amount of work that they had to do, but also had killed many members of the branch along with other people from the branch.

If the man had picked a better time, it would've probably been more accepted, but as it stood, neither of the cat-like medics were pleased with the suggestion and both were ready to voice their opinions, but the spiky black-haired lad decided that he needed to speak now. He would introduce himself to the group as Maki Kichiru which made the male of the couple nod as he assumed the lad had to be him from the politeness and upbeat that he had in his tone when he spoke, but this kid picked the wrong time to be in a meeting especially when it was related to business and something that Byakko Kyuji loved and cared for aside from his family: the medical branch of the Hidden Sand. In a way, he was happy to see the kid was well, but he feared the kid would change his whole attitude towards him when he saw his dear sensei in his natural habitat and with his wife whom he loved dearly. But, there was nothing that he could technically do about having Kichiru here so he just shrugged it off and allowed the boy to have his moment in the limelight with his introduction and questions towards Enzeru about this new group inside the branch. Both Yanshi and Kyuji did listen to the questions, but the annoyed look on their faces continued to be displayed.

Once Kichiru finished, it would appear to be their time to speak which prompted both of them to rise from their seats in the back and if anyone could read body language, it was clear as day that they were still annoyed and irritated with this Enzeru fellow trying to break up their branch. It would only take mere moments before they both were in the front of the room and it would appear that Lady Yanshi would begin their speech with an introduction: "It appears it is time for our introductions. I am Lady Yanshi, the head of the Byakko Clan in our village. This is the medical chief, the head of the medical council, and my husband...Kyuji. You don't need to know much about our lives aside from we run the Byakko Infirmary and Kyuji runs the Academy as the Headmaster and this branch. Now, we understand and respectfully appreciate your suggestion, Enzeru. But, we do not agree with your suggestion." Her husband would then step forward and continue for her: "As my wife just said, we do not agree nor support your suggestion. You may have talked to the Kazekage about this and he might have said it was a good idea, but the timing of your suggestion could not be worse. You have to understand that our branch has been suffering since the Cabal attacks in part because we lost many bright and educated minds to those thoughtless creatures and the ones who survived the attacks have been busting their asses with the increase in traffic to the Hospital because of the terrorist attacks. If we would give you the go ahead to do this now, it would harm this branch even further. Imagine if you train these medics and they go out, this would make a situation even worse than it already since we are already down bodies. I however am in favor of you teaching the current medics these ANBU skills that many of them lack as they could prove helpful in the medical field as well as the ANBU one. I also would advise a deal with you for Truth Serum if you still have any of it as it would aid the Medical Branch as well as the ANBU. By no means am I or my wife discouraging you, we just think it is not the best time to try to introduce something new to the branch due to the lack of manpower that we currently have. But, I also know that people will do what they want anyways so I cannot honestly stop you if you go through with it considering if one is adamant about something, they will do it anyways and also we have a council and everyone gets a vote so I could easily be outvoted. I can only hope you will consider our opinion about it and work with me personally on it as it is beneficial if implemented in steps." He would also pause to turn his attention to everyone else as he wanted to address them as well: "As for the entire branch here, I am glad that you could come. I see there are a lot of new faces than the last time we had a meeting, but I hope we can all work together and continue to make strives for the branch. My office door is always open if you need me and if I am not in my office, I am surely in the Hospital somewhere so just get on your headset or the intercom and ask for me and I will find you or you will find me. But again glad to see you all here and thank you for your time."

The couple would then bow to the group and take their seats in the back again. Their looks were not exactly positive nor happy, but they looked more relieved and less annoyed than they had been before. It was true that Kyuji probably came off as a real hardass towards Enzeru and the others, but his heart was in the right place and that had to count for something right? As for his wife, she was just supporting her husband but she hated to see him upset so in a way she also was trying to be caring. It was probably best to have her speak first than him as she was always the cooler head in their relationship probably because she was a Haku and she could whoop his ass whenever she felt like it since she was the head of the Byakko Clan and ran the clan in a 60-40 split. After all, she did throw an ice spear through his chest and made him spill his royal blood in their prestigious training grounds.

Kurosawa Nataku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
People began to pour into the room. This was a good sign, activity was returning to the branch in a better manner than expected. Nataku remained an observer, watching as a nurse he did not recognize entered. She did not say a word. The next woman to enter, however, was very friendly and immediately spoke to the boy with his dog. Nataku would have been amused, were it not for the fact that some serious business was about to go down and this boy clearly didn't belong here. It appeared that nobody would acknowledge this, yet. That was when the dog broke free and started running toward Nataku. As it grew nearer, it seemed inevitable the dog would make it and jump right into his arms. It seemed the boy made it just in time to stop that from happening. Ah, too bad, he thought, originally hoping that he'd have a chance to play with the dog without seeming unprofessional.

The boy was overly friendly. He stuck out a hand and introduced himself as Maki Kichiru. There was something about his brand of friendliness that bothered Nataku. It was almost too friendly, as if it was being forced to cover something else. He would think on this some more later, but at that moment he returned the handshake and said, "Kurosawa Nataku." He wanted to say more about how he thought the boy was out of place, but he couldn't figure out a way to say it without coming off like a jerk. Instead he probably just gave the boy a look that expressed that point, that he shouldn't be there. Then, he turned and faced Enzeru as things got started.

---

As Nataku listened to Enzeru, there was something that irked him. He openly admitted that he was just accepted to the branch, not to mention the village of Sunagakure. Regardless of this, he felt he had the authority to call a meeting such as this and propose a drastic move such as this. With that on his subconscious, he gave the man his ear until he finished speaking. When Enzeru proposed his idea, Nataku was even more dumbfounded. Here was a guy with no medical training, only ANBU skills, suggesting he create an ANBU branch within the medic branch. While on one hand, he liked the idea of some of these Med-Nin becoming hardened warriors, they simply didn't have the staff for such an endeavor. Plus, it seemed like this was less of Enzeru suggesting this as a move for the branch as a Med-Nin and more as if he was part of the ANBU branch and was trying to recruit some of the Med-Nin to cross over.

Nataku did like the idea of him training people, though, as he definitely seemed as if he had experience. Even though Nataku considered himself beyond capable of winning in a fight, he wanted to consider the proposal. Perhaps he could learn something from this man at a stage where he really didn't have much to learn. On the other hand, he didn't want to openly agree with dividing the branch any further. Before he had much time to think, he heard the dog bark. Mentally, Nataku facepalmed. The boy who did not belong took center stage. Wrong place and wrong time, my friend, he thought, his eyes beaming in the direction of the Kichiru. It was one thing to have your dog accidentally bark and interrupt, but it was another to use that as an excuse to give your opinion before your elders on serious matters affecting a branch you are not a part of yet. Visibly, Nataku did not express any of these concerns, but he definitely felt them. Perhaps he was overreacting.

As he listened, reluctantly, to what Kichiru began to say Nataku's eyes softened a bit. The mention of his sister and the way he phrased things made it clear that she had passed away in the attack. It explained a lot about the boy's behavior, and the weird feeling Nataku got earlier surrounding Kichiru's over-eagerness to be friendly. He wondered if he had any family left. He wondered if Kichiru felt lonely and in need of a role model. He wondered if he should fill that role. Still though, Nataku was bothered by the timing of the boy's presence. It was all so wrong. When Kichiru finally finished speaking, the woman from the seated couple spoke up.

She identified herself as Lady Yanshi, and head of the Byakko Clan. She identified the man next to her as Kyuji, medical chief. He had never seen the man before, but he was a little upset that Lady Yanshi thought it was her place to speak before him. As head of the branch, it should be him to speak up first and his decision to disagree with the suggestion. It seemed as though she was speaking for him, and it made him appear weak before the branch. Nataku did not like this. Fortunately, Kyuji eventually spoke up and expressed similar thoughts as Nataku. But, toward the end, he mentioned that he could not stop Enzeru and displayed weakness! This once again bothered Nataku; what kind of show was this? If that's really the medical chief, he should absolutely be able to stop this, he thought. Nataku did, however, acknowledge that it was important to allow people to express their opinions and not just flat out reject people. Still though, it was unwise to let this run off unsupervised.

He figured now, if any, was a good time to weigh in. He stopped leaning on the wall and stood up straight, displaying a commanding image. Pure confidence emanated from him as he spoke to the group, but mostly directed at Enzeru.

"My name is Kurosawa Nataku, and I have been a loyal Med-Nin here for quite some time. While I greatly appreciate what it is you are offering, I must agree with Kyuji-sama that your timing is the main issue. I would certainly be interested in learning some of what you have to offer, but I think we should take this slow and not allow it to detract too much from the standard work we must do on a daily basis. Our time has slowly become more and more used up with the shortage of hands around and I wouldn't want to see that problem get any worse than it already has. Also, stigma or not, I think it's foolish to suggest that without ANBU training the Med-Nin here could not hold their own. ANBU training is about stealth and recon, allowing them to be used on special missions that involve sensitive information. Killing is not the only responsibility, and I surely hope that's not all you're trained to do. Kirigakure may have been different, but here we train the medics to support squads on missions, and often this means they have to be combat ready. The true value of this, to me, is that it would allow Med-Nin to accompany an ANBU squad on a covert mission and provide aid for them without jeopardizing the mission at hand."

When he finished, he would retain his posture and look around the room. He wondered how others would react, and how Enzeru would respond. Things would get interesting, as he hadn't seen this many members of the branch in one place for a while. Everyone had just been so busy keeping people alive and healthy.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Most of the mednin were displeased with Enzeru’s suggestion and Sakura was one of them. Standing up from her seat she throws in her two cents. “I am Kyoujouran Sakura and I too must agree with my superiors. I understand that you are new to this branch. Because of this you are unaware of our current state. Though such a group does not interest me I will not look down upon those who would. However, now is not the time for such things for we lack the manpower. Yes there is a stigma, but I do not think this is the way of fighting it. By creating this separate group it is more likely you would be the only one getting new recruits, because yours sound better. We do not need to build tension among ourselves right now. Instead of a separate group I suggest you instruct the whole what you care to teach rather than a mere part.”

Hakuren still watching the events unfold had to admit Sakura had a point. As soon as Enzeru made his suggestion she contemplated joining the medical field only just to join this specific team. Hakuren wonders if this suggestion would better presented to the other branch. Instead of having medics trained to be more Anbu, why could they not have Anbu be trained to be more like medics? Hakuren could see the advantages of having a person with medical knowledge in an anbu mission. The Anbu branch even had the manpower to create such a team. The more Hakuren thought about it the more she believes Enzeru was speaking to the wrong crowd. As much as she would love to take control of Sakura and speak up, she did not want to risk making her presence known.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi listened as her betrothed spoke of his idea. The young boy in their midst had a few valid questions for Enzeru. Though she wasn't quite sure where the others got the idea that there would be an entirely separate sector in the medical branch for this new training. She listed to Kyuji and Lady Yanshi's issues with the idea and understood their and the others' concerns on the timing especially. The Cabal had wrecked havoc on their village.

She paused to finish accumulating her thoughts before speaking. After all, she wanted to be as impartial as she could.

"I understand and echo the concern about the timing. However, I do not see this as creating a separate sector of our branch. I know we are understaffed at the moment, but I also know that there are teams headed out on missions who could use our aid so that they do not come back nearly as injured as they currently do. The members of my clan that learn the medical arts know how to fight as well, no matter that many of them end up in the veterinary sector. I have been encouraging many to branch out into the hospital. It's part of why I have been taking more shifts here as well as the vet clinic.

"Even if we don't do straight ANBU-type training, I believe it to be important for the branch as a whole to prepare to not only heal, but to fight if need be. Being a healer, we need to know how to avoid attacks and slip around the peripheries in order to get to patients on the battle field, as was unfortunately proven during the invasion."

Her voice was strong and confident. She was the soon to be head of her clan, and that part of her shone through during her short monologue.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There was dissent, which he was prepared for. There were questions, something else he was prepared for. What he was not prepared for what the argument that was given to him. Mainly because it made absolutely no sense. Talk of weakening the branch, of this being a bad timing; those were blatantly false. As one eyebrow crept higher than the other, it would become apparent that Enzeru was wondering just what the hell these people were thinking. At least one person had a valid question, however, and Kimi seemed to be on the….not so wrong track.

”I’m going to admit confusion on something. Which I don’t often do. You speak of this weakening the branch? Can someone please explain how? I am not taking people out of the medical branch. I am not removing them from their normal duties; this would be in addition to those. I am not separating them and pitting them against the rest of this branch, they will still belong to the medical branch and they will behave as such. I am offering extra training. They will still be Mednin, they will still be focused on saving lives, and they will still answer to the medical branch for their duties and responsibilities. There will not be any weakening of the branch. There will be more training, and more skilled members of the branch. How does that weaken anything?”

“In addition, the validity of this stigma is not what I’m here about. It’s the existence of it. True or not, it does exist. Perhaps this could help to remove it, and in turn draw more people to our branch once it becomes known that the ANBU are not getting all of the specialized training. Also, the focus of this would be to allow such a thing as them going on covert missions. Even in Mist we sent them on basic missions. But when you’re expected to slip past other shinobi undetected, how many Mednin are that well trained when compared to an ANBU? The training received in this hospital focuses on saving lives, not stealth.”

He looks to the child who admitted they weren’t supposed to be here and gives a soft sight before smiling. ”Yes, the focus will still be on protecting others. As I said, these people are Mednin. They are simply cross trained.” He turns from the kid to Kyuji now, his face betraying nothing of the thoughts just under the surface. When asked, Sousuke informed him this branch had no leader. Otherwise he would have, at the least, informed them before hand of his intentions. Still, what was done was done and it was too late to undo it now. He would offer an apology in private later.

Finally, his eyes move to Sakura. ”I’m not quite sure how to take what you just said. You express having no desire to learn what I’m offering to teach while telling me to teach it to everyone. I am offering it to all. If the entire branch wants to learn, I will teach them. I am not going to close off this training. Those who are not in this group are those who do not wish to be. I’m not sure how that would set tensions off.”

In all, this was going about as well as he expected in some ways, but he was now having serious misgivings about the people he was to be working with if they could draw some wildly inaccurate conclusions from his words.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It took the boy rather off-guard that everyone seem so harshly against the idea that Enzeru proposed. While Kichiru had his concerns, he didn't believe that giving more training could possibly be a bad thing for those in the medical branch. While he was certainly inexperienced and likely naive compared to just about everyone else in the room, Kichiru wasn't the type to admit that or even think of it. He wasn't arrogant necessarily, simply having grown up in a household where he was always told to be confident of his beliefs and to not stand down until given a rather convincing argument to do so. If he were a mean-spirited child this might have come off as aggression, but as the kind-hearted individual he was anyone would be hard-pressed to look onto the child with much malice for his words.

Looking towards the members of the Byakko Clan, Kichiru tilted his head towards the side, observing the woman as she spoke. He had obviously known Kyuji from his days at the academy though he hadn't yet encountered Yanshi, who appeared to be his wife, thus making her Yanjirou's mother. It seemed the cat-like features ran in the family, potentially similar to the special-techniques that he had learned of when encountering the a girl belonging to the Yamanaka clan in the training fields. Either way, Kichiru would smile towards Lady Yanshi, more so out of the happiness of indirectly meeting the mother of one of his friends rather than it simply being a gesture of politeness.

His eyes moved towards each speaker as they stood and discussed their feelings on the plan, most of which having agreed with the heads of the Byakko Clan, except for the kind woman who had spoken to Kichiru earlier. Thankfully, it seemed that she understood what Enzeru was proposing, or at least she agreed with what Kichiru's interpretation of it had been. Also, it seemed that the man who introduced himself at Nataku, while disagreeing with Enzeru on certain points, did seem to agree that further training would be beneficial as well as sending out specialized med-nin on covert missions. It did seem that Nataku was giving the proposal a fair deal of thought, and would likely be much more open to compromise than those of the Byakko clan. It seemed that the man was a cautious individual, however he held the village's best interests in his heart. Perhaps that was why Kas had taken a liking to him so quickly? The boy nodded his head, making sure to keep Kas as entertained as would need-be in order to stop her from making any more interruptions throughout the meeting. Finally, Enzeru spoke up once more, which was likely much needed as he was able to take the floor and clarify his proposal in order to address the wide-spread concerns that were had by the majority of the room, though he seemed rather shocked by them.

Kichiru had also been rather confused by the concerns being mimicked by nearly all in the room.When it was first mentioned Kichiru was merely confused at the notion, but as it became a repeated idea he became more and more concerned with the route that this meeting seemed to be taking. To anyone of an understanding of etiquette it was clear that the boy should have either left by now or, if that wasn't possible, kept his mouth shut and excused himself out at the most opportune time. Kichiru was not that type of individual, though he had felt the ire of those around the room when he had spoken previously. He was a confident child who wanted to speak his mind, but he also knew that this was one of the things that Kasumi had scolded him on in the past. He needed to respect his elders, and it seemed like those in the room wanted what was best for the village, and therefore he should trust that, in the end, they would come to the outcome that would be for the best. And if they didn't, then Kasumi's words would not be enough to stop Kichiru from letting his voice be heard. But for now, he would stay seated and wait.

[OOC: Decided to edit this. I had a really hard time coming up with a dialogue that wasn't just repetitive and unnecessary so I scrapped it.]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, this meeting was getting certainly interesting to say the very least. Everyone was voicing their opinion about the proposal being suggested from Enzeru and for the most part everyone was surprisingly supporting Kyuji's views on the statement. However, he could sense misconceptions stemming from everyone and the articulation of the suggestion wasn't the best from the man who proposed it. Nevertheless, it was time to be the mature and smart individual in the room and try to ease the fears from his fellow medics in the room even if the public opinion would go against him on the matters; but, he would also need to explain to Enzeru why everyone was so against his suggestion when he initially delivered it to them. Most of their fears and opinions were due to a lack of communication in the mind of the medical chief, but then again he could always be wrong as he had been countless times before. In any case, he had listened to Enzeru's response to all of them closely to make sure he choose his words carefully when he responded since they didn't need to start a division due to different viewpoints in the branch even if Kyuji was technically the head of the branch by rank and council.

Once Enzeru finished, Kyuji would rise from his seat again and shockingly his anger from this proposal was gone for now. It was true that he was still uneasy about the whole situation as he felt like it threatened his branch, but he needed to keep a cool head in front of his team. If he was to go apeshit crazy right now, they would definitely kick him off the council head position and probably go tell Sousuke to remove him from the chief position. He would look at everyone in the room with his golden eyes before returning his gaze right back to Enzeru who was the main attraction in the room and the one who needed answers from him and the others.

He would respond sternly, but he was trying to sound as calm as possibly: "Enzeru, I and the others have concern about our branch and we do have every right to since we are understaffed and have been for awhile. I already admitted that I liked your idea of training the medics these ANBU arts. So, I approve of your training to teach our branch. However, why don't you teach the ANBU some medical arts so they can actually help one another when they are on a mission and not have to fully rely on us? It also would be a good idea if the ANBU leaders and the Medical leaders could come together and discuss exchanging their branch's skills with one another like you are suggesting you want to do. I prefer to not have the branches having issues with one another for exchanging information with one another." He would then pause momentarily to take a breath before he continued and when he was ready he would say the following: "I am sorry if my wife or I came off the wrong way towards you. We simply care about this branch like they are family and that is why we get so passionate about these things. I do not think we ever mentioned you trying to divide the branch, but I understand why our fellow medics felt like that is what you are saying. I understand there is no division and that not everyone is being forced to learn these skills unless we made it an order. But, I will not do so right now as I want to see you teaching some of these medics these skills and want to further discuss these matters in private later. Moving along, you mentioned this stigma about the branch and I am not sure where you are getting it from as we have specialized training just like the other branches. If anyone doesn't realize that, they are a damned fool and need to actually visit the Hospital for a personal tour to see how specialized we are. If this village didn't have our specialized training and machinery, there would be a lot more people dying off and much quicker than they are now since nobody would be able to keep them alive, but hey I guess we aren't that important after all. I mean it isn't like we are keeping people alive or anything!"

He would then sit back down in his chair and look at his wife who simply nodded at him as she had nothing to add to the situation. Had the descendant of Byakko kept himself calm for the most part? Yes, but there was moments where the situation could've easily escalated and it might've seemed that way. But, he truly did care about the opinion of everyone and the branch...he had to try to seem tough but reasonable or nobody would respect him nor listen to him. Hopefully, he had gotten his point across clear enough to Enzeru and the others so nobody had any issues with what he had said.

Kurosawa Nataku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was getting old and repetitive. Nataku wondered why he even bothered coming. It seemed as though his words were largely ignored and this was a conversation between Enzeru and Kyuji. Go figure, I should have expected that, he thought. As he looked around the room everyone seemed to feel the need to speak up, in turn, one by one. Except for the boy and his dog, thankfully, as they really had no place there. He wanted to go over and tell them to leave, but couldn't figure out how to do it without seeming like a jerk. His thoughts returned to the conversation at hand, and what bothered him more than anything was how everyone said this stigma existed, and yet tried to say that they didn't believe the stigma. Well if they didn't believe the stigma, why were they sitting here saying things that directly contradicted that belief. So many people reiterated that Med-Nin couldn't protect themselves and that they needed more strength. That they weren't capable of fighting, but magically by training with Enzeru they'd all be able to fight. This was immensely frustrating.

A girl named Sakura spoke, and echoed slightly different concerns than the rest. She feared a division, she feared a more powerful and interesting branch forming that would take away from the rest. She feared tensions and she wished for simple training and nothing more. That last part was basically the same way Nataku felt, but he was not worried about tensions. The other girl, one he did not recognize, spoke up and she said exactly what was bothering Nataku. She believed the stigma. She thought that this would remove the stigma, allow these helpless Med-Nin to suddenly be able to fight.

Perhaps what was most bothersome, was simply how he was ignored. Nataku thanked Enzeru for the offer, even said he'd be willing to learn from him, but nobody listened. Nataku was a polite and respectful man, otherwise he'd be blowing up in rage. Enzeru began to backpedal, mentioning that he never said anything about taking people away from their usual responsibilities. About dividing the branch. Nataku's thoughts flashed back to when this conversation started. "What I am here to propose is actually quite simple. I’m going to be making a team within the Medical branch," was what he said, right? That directly contradicts what he's saying now. I'm confused; there's a huge misunderstanding here. He shook his head in frustration.

Yet at the same time if what Enzeru was saying now was how he truly felt, then Nataku wasn't nearly as opposed to it. His eyes moved to Kyuji as the Chief spoke. Nataku liked a lot of what he was saying, and he agreed with the sentiment. He seemed to be the only other person in the room who actually thought of Med-Nin as useful and strong shinobi, instead of just these little children that play doctor. Kyuji even gave his approval for the training. His eyes quickly shifted around seeing if anyone else would speak. Apparently, it was his turn, because for some reason they were all taking turns voicing their opinions. Fine, maybe I can put an end to this circular conversation.

"Enzeru, with all respect, I believe the confusion stemmed from how you opened this conversation. You stated that you wished to form a new team within the Medical branch, so it's only natural that people would think you were attempting to divide us. Nevertheless, I think we've reached a conclusion here. You have your permission from Kyuji, and you also have your first willing trainee. That would be me." Nataku paused for a moment and held eye contact with Enzeru. He wanted him to know he was serious before he continued, "As a word of advice for the future, this wasn't necessarily the best meeting to call the whole branch together for. Especially since you just joined our village, let alone our branch, it's a bit of an audacious move. This would have been something better to speak with Kyuji about, in private, and then offer to the branch as a whole. That same letter you used to call us here could have simply asked us if we were interested in learning from you. Regardless, I'd like to thank you for taking the time, and your willingness to help us succeed."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sakura was confused to the point that she was at a loss for words. She could have sworn he said something that would suggest a separation in the branch. She could not have been the only one to hear that. Gratefully someone points out the misleading statement, “Thank you Nakaku that was exactly the statement that mislead me.” She then goes back to eating her muffin and has nothing further to say at the moment and it seems meeting was pretty much over.

To Hakuren it seems like this man has a journey ahead of him. Yes he got the mednin’s approval for such a project. He can now train them if he wanted to. However if he wants to have the mednin work undercover alongside the Anbu, that is only the first step. Now he would need to go to the Anbu and pitch his idea to them. Hakuren is unsure how receptive they might be.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi could tell that this meeting was possibly coming to an end and she was rather grateful for that. The long shift was catching up to her again and she really just wanted to go home and sleep. The door swung open wide enough to let someone in, though it wasn't anyone tall enough to see if looking straight at eye level. Nearly silent paws moved around the wall and came to rest on either side of their human. One after another, Katsu and Kora gently bumped Kimi's hips in greeting.

She smiled down at them and asked them in their growling language if they had come to fetch her. They just bumped her hips again in affirmation. With a pet to their heads, she turned back to her colleagues.

"It seems I am to be called away. It was a pleasure to more formally meet those of you whom I have not yet had the opportunity. See you all around the medical complex."

The trio moved toward the door to make their way out of the building.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Once more people began speaking, and once more Enzeru faced each in turn as they did and listened to their opinions. The silence of four people was noted, though in the case of the last one he gave a brief nod to the twins as they carried his betrothed away. The lack of her for moral support would be felt, but not shown. Instead, he turned, and in the order each person spoke to him he would respond to their own words.

”Who said I wasn’t going to take a similar offer to the ANBU? I’m merely bringing the offer here first. And yes, as far as Mednin go I understand the lack of staff, but there is still a hospital full of non-shinobi doctors and nurses in this building. And once more, I am pointing out that the stigma exists. I am not verifying it. Merely stating that it is there, and it is likely a reason that so few students desire to become Mednin. Lifting the stigma is one way, perhaps, of bringing more people to the branch.”

Next he turns to Nataku. ”I can understand my wording to be an issue. I shall work on that in the future. As for calling this meeting, I normally would have gone to the branch leader but upon appointing me to this branch the Kazekage informed me there wasn’t one. My apologies for any slight caused by my skipping them over.”

He had what he came for, which was less their permission and more their character. The hunter looks to each in turn before speaking one last time. ”I understand that you all might be wondering who I think I am to come in here, call this meeting, and tell you what my plans are. I also understand that that does, as Nataku put it, seem audacious. It is my fervent hope that you all not let that paint your opinion of my offer. I am glad to have one member willing to accept. Should anyone else desire to, merely inform me.” He looks down at Kichiru next. ”I’d suggest sticking around in the hospital for a bit if Kyuji allows. I think you’ll find it much different than the other students your age think it to be. And it is a very good idea to take at least a temporary stay in the medical branch to gain perspective on life and death.”

With those words said, the man bows his head once and turns on heel, exiting the room. He’d done what he came to do.

(Topic left)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kichiru nodded as the group continued to speak, seemingly coming to a conclusion rather than continuing the argument he feared might erupt if they disagreed further. It was a strange sight seeing politics at play, especially for a boy who hasn't even passed his Bashar exams. He hadn't even seen a mission yet and he was being faced with the kinds of decisions people in positions of power have to make. Honestly, it all seemed rather dull and menial. They were stuck in a conference room discussing whether or not people should receive more training. Yes, done, now let's get on to the saving people part. That's what this all was supposed to be for... Right?

It seemed that Enzeru would soon close up the meeting, even adding a remark towards the young student as a recommendation to stick around the hospital, if Kyuji would allow it, in order to get a better feel for how the place ran before making his final decision to enter the branch. This was the point where Kichiru seemed rather excited, as he hadn't thought about the possibility of getting to explore the hospital and see how med-nin operate, at least whilst completing their duties in the hospital on off-time from their missions.

“Would that be okay, Kyuji-sama?” He asked as he looked up towards Kyuji hoping for a positive remark. If he would allow such a thing then he would likely desire to go straight towards the Veterinary department, as that would likely be the best place, especially if other dogs were there for Kas to play with. If not, then he would politely say his goodbyes to everyone in the room and simply return home for the day.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back