Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Chaos! Riots! Or, well, not really. [Req. Ayumu]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Enough was enough. Junko had been gone for over a year and Kitsune was stuck with a bunch of paperwork waiting for his approval. Despite being the second in command, Junko hadn’t given explicit permission for Kitsune to perform his duties while he was gone. There were kinjutsu registration approvals to be done, which she couldn’t do anything about other than giving a provisional approval. So eventually she gathered up a stack of the paperwork that needed doing and she marched straight to the Torre Celeste. She intended on meeting with the Raikage, the father of her grandchild, to try and get this whole situation remedied.

Upon reaching the Torre, she walked straight in and towards the floor where the Raikage Office was located. She wouldn’t be deterred or stopped by anything, well, by anything less than the door to the office on which she knocked politely before waiting for a word from within. Hopefully Ayumu would have the time to listen to her and grant her the power to actually perform what needed to be done at the hospital. Despite being the chief of research and thus usually being in the labs, she did have a small mountain of paperwork awaiting her most every day due to having to handle not only her own, but Junkos as well.

In case Ayumu would permit entry, Kitsune would enter and greet him with a light bow. ”Greetings, Ayumu-san.” she said, trying to keep things less stuffy. Sure he was Raikage, and she was Duchess, but at this point they were practically family thanks to Kahako. ”I’ve come to make a request. It’s about the medical branch. Junko’s been gone for over a year, almost one and a half. The papers I brought with me today are just a small part of the paperwork that can’t be done due to lack of authority. Has he even sent any word back? Because… Things may be fine when a sennin is gone for just a month or two but this is too much. We need a sennin in the branch and I want to put forward my own name as candidate.”

[WC: 357; MFT]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The message came through Ayumu's desktop intercom that Shinrya Kitsune was making her way to his office and disregarding anybody telling her to wait. The ANBU guard was about to mobilize to stop her, as they would with anyone who insisted on forcing their way through to the Raikage's office, but Ayumu told them to stand down and let her come. He didn't know what was so urgent that she couldn't at least stop at the receptionist like everybody else, but he was interested to find out. The knock came at his door a few minutes later and Ayumu set aside the paperwork he was going through and looked up from his position seated behind his desk.

"Come in," he said as he looked up. Kitsune entered and approached his desk, bowing and saying a word of greeting before diving right into her concerns. Junko had been gone for some time now on his trip for medical diplomacy. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the world they lived in, traveling to the other villages often resulted in long absences. This was why for leaders such trips were best saved for matters of importance. It was also why leaders tended to have their second-in-command remain behind in the village to hold down the branch while they were gone. Kitsune, however, was becoming impatient with Junko's absence and it seemed that work was going undone. She was here today to try to take that Sennin position for herself.

"Well... this is unexpected. You're asking me to kick Junko out of his position and give it to you? You do realize that he is not away on a leisure trip? He's doing his job... Removing him from his position would be a call I would reserve for if he stopped doing his job," Ayumu said, scratching his head. Junko had been gone a long time, yes, but it was no vacation. Ayumu sighed, leaning back in his chair. There was the matter of work not being done in Junko's absence. He had surely empowered some people to do some of his normal duties as Sennin, but that wouldn't be enough in the long term. Someone needed to have the authority to act on his behalf.

"The Sennin being absent does create challenges for the branch. I get that. Somebody should have authority to handle the tasks that the Sennin would normally handle while they are out of the village. A second-in-command. I'll need to have him assign one as soon as possible," Ayumu concluded. If nothing else, that was going to be a necessity going forward. It would be up to Junko to decide who would take that position

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune sighed ”Still me. The second in command is still me. Just like it was when Kahako was Sennin, just like it was when she stepped down and you gave the job to Junko instead of following the chain.” she said ”However, these things require the approval of the Sennin. The protocols dictate that they need, specifically, the approval of the sennin. Despite being second in command, I can’t do these things without going out of bounds in terms of power. I’ve even got a mednin that’s overdue for a promotion to chief. So without the approval of the sennin, or you, I can’t do squat about these things.”

She waved the stack of papers in her hand ”It’s a simple matter, really. All I need is your approval to begin taking care of all these things. Protocols in the branch dictates that only the sennin or above can approve this.” she explained, hoping that he’d at least listen to reason and give the approval so she could get back to work on making the small mountain of paper go away. Y’know. Before the next days mountain of paper showed up. ”On a different subject though, it would seem that Susumu-kun gets easily bored in class and takes shortcuts on the way home. I bumped into him the other day.”

”I was thinking that maybe it’s time for him to get personal tutoring, rather than regular academy lessons. I’d be more than happy to pay for a tutor, or even do it myself.” she said, running a hand through her red mane of hair. ”What do you think, Ayumu-kun? I mean. You’re his father. I’m just his grandmother, so I figure you’ve got more of a say in this. I’d talk to Kahako about this as well, but I figure she’s got enough on her mind as it is.”

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kitsune was quick to correct Ayumu's notion that there was no second-in-command. It surprsied Ayumu to hear her say she was the second-in-command. Admittedly, he did not pay as much attention to the Medical branch as the other two. It was the one branch which he had never been a part of, so he placed a lot of faith in Junko to keep it running smoothly. It seemed odd to him that, if Kitsune was second-in-command, she did not have the authority to handle things that required the Sennin while he was not in the village.

"Junko should be returning to the village soon, you'll be relieved to hear. Once he has, you should bring your concerns to him. If you feel they still haven't been addressed after that, you can return to me," Ayumu said, putting aside the issues for now. If possible, he did not want to step over bounds into the Medical branch. He certainly had the authority to do so, but he wasn't about to undermine Junko without giving the man a chance to address the problems himself. There wasn't much more he was willing to discuss about the matter at the moment, as Junko was due to return fairly soon anyway.

With the subject of the Medical Branch tabled for the moment, Kitsune transitioned into more personal matters. She mentioned that she had bumped into Susumu on his way home the other day. She suggested that perhaps he would benefit from a private tutor rather than the academy lessons which he currently attended. She was willing to do it herself, even. Ayumu pondered this for a moment. "I don't know about replacing the academy lessons entirely, but some extracurricular tutoring might not be a bad idea. I give him some lessons myself when I have time, of course, but my time is limited more than I'd like. He's pretty enthusiastic, so I'm sure he'd eat up whatever lessons he could get. I bet he wouldn't mind hanging out with the grandmother either, if you are inclined to give him a couple yourself," Ayumu said. Susumu was pretty fond of Kitsune, after all.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back