Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Chimera

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chimera
1574433863520-png.91

Many shinobi, during the course of their lifetimes, can be said to have mastered their own bloodline or core ability. Fewer can be said to have had the opportunity to do it with more than one; of those, only the Chimera manage it simultaneously, with their own natural bodies. There are many ways to achieve the path of the Chimera, masters of the most natural and innate of the ninja arts, but few ever manage to carry themselves fully along this difficult path to become true masters of their own powers as well as those they have absorbed, through ill means or no, those they were not born or raised to. Indeed, even for those who do, such arts prove positively exhausting, taxing them far more than do the earthly exploits of mere mortals...

Kinjutsu Table
Divinity’s Edge (Ability)
Genetic Instability (Ability)
Mystic Replication (B-Rank Technique)
Radiant Aura (B-Rank Technique)
Sacrificial Rite (A-Rank Technique)
Untwisted Helix (S-Rank Technique)

Information
Prerequisites: B-Rank, one fully mastered BL/CA

Effects:
  • The user gains access to the Genetic Implant Ability and will not take up a slot. If the user already has the ability upon gaining Chimera, the Genetic Implant Ability will no longer take up a slot.
  • The user's Genetic Implant activates in 0 seconds and no longer has a cooldown after use.
  • The HP Modifier Reduction from Genetic Implant is halved, the user only losing 2 Max HP per activation.
  • The user gains the ability to integrate another Bloodline or Core Ability into themselves. This BL/CA does not have to match the user’s Genetic Implant BL/CA. If the chosen Bloodline has multiple branches, the user only has access to a single branch. However, they may have the same Bloodline fill any of their 2 BL/CA slots to gain access to an additional branch.
  • The user has one Active and one Inactive BL/CA.
  • Even while inactive, the user must have the Core Ability choices listed in thier Dojo.
  • The user must select one Passive from both the Active and Inactive BL/CAs to have active at all times.
  • If the chosen passive is from a Core Ability, the point cost is not counted towards the User's Core Ability choices.
  • The user may swap between the Active and Inactive BL/CA’s in their Dojo.
  • All Chimera technique’s do not require handseals, and must have an accuracy selected in the Dojo.

For the purposes of this Kinjutsu the following table is used for definitions:
Passives = Bloodline Passives, Core Ability Passives/Boosts/Ability Modifications/Jutsu Modifications
Skills = Bloodline Activated Passives, Styles, Non-Final Techniques, Special Moves. Core Ability Special Moves and Styles.
Capstone Technique = Bloodline Final Techniques and Core Ability Final Techniques

Divinity’s Edge - Kinjutsu Style
Their body has started to absorb the abilities of other Bloodlines and Core Abilities, and the Chimera knows exactly how to get these to manifest in the middle of battle, forcing their own natural bloodline to incorporate the absorbed ones. Information Prerequisites: Chimera Effect:
  • When the user enters this style, they may choose to gain up to 3 passives/skills from their Inactive BL/CA. While in this style, BL/CA CP costs are increased by 10%
Special Action - Divinity’s Summit: The user may pay 1 AP and 4 HP modifier to drop out of Divinity’s Edge Style and swap their Inactive and Active CA/BL. Notes:
  • Counts either as Chakra or Physical Style. Must be declared upon entering.
  • While in this style, the user’s Genetic Implant has no duration, and remains active once activated.
  • Divinity’s Summit may only be used twice per battle.
  • Cannot be used with Inuzuka Animal Companion, Zodiac Blessing or Mechinist Automatous Familiar

Genetic Instability - Kinjutsu Ability
1574433873370-png.92

The act of splicing other genetic abilities into their own bodies leaves a mark. Sometimes, these marks are clearly visible and set someone apart, other times they’re subtle and might be near invisible. Then there’s the times when your very DNA becomes so unstable you weaponize it.

Information
Prerequisites: Chimera

Effect:
  • Whenever using a Bloodline or Core Ability Skill (See table above), the user may replace the Skill’s Secondary Effects with Genetic Instability with the same % chance. (eg,a Fuyushio Yuki using Storm of Ice Shards could replace its 21%/28%/35% chance of causing Impale with 21%/28%/35% chance to cause Genetic Instability).
  • If the Bloodline or Core Ability Skill does not have a Secondary Effect, the user may add the Genetic Instability Secondary Effect with the following chances as per rank: 6%/9%/18%/21%/36%
  • Genetic Instability causes all Bloodline or Core Ability Skills to become Unstable for 3 seconds. While affected, a target cannot use BL/CA Skills.

Notes:
  • BL/CA Skills that are Unstable are still maintained, and do not end, but have no effect on the user until they are no longer Unstable.
  • A target may not be affected by Genetic Instability more than once in a 10 second period.

Mystical Replication - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu
1574433888125-png.94

Considered by some Chimera to be their quintessential skill, a lesser, quicker replica of the means through which they may siphon a whole set of techniques from others. By simply touching the skin of living being, the Chimera can directly absorb and copy aspects of a target and both understand and use them immediately. However, though very convenient, this method does not allow the Chimera to retain the copied aspects of the victim indefinitely, generally fading away shortly after use.

Information
Prerequisites: Chimera, B-Rank

Rank 1/2: The user attempts to reflexively copy a single BL/CA Skill from a target, immediately recasting it. If the Copied Skill is one that targets the user, they must make a check against the caster at -1; if the technique does not have a target or is targeting someone else, the check is made at +0. The user may dodge or resist the technique they are attempting to copy if it is aimed at them, but at a penalty of -2.

Cost: AP equal to copied skill, +30%/20% CP Cost

Notes:
  • Requires a 10 second cooldown after use.
  • The Copied Skill cannot be one they already have.
  • The user must pay all associated costs in order to use copied techniques, with the exception of any unique costs that are a part of the BL/CA itself (such as a Kaguya's Bone Tokens).
  • Any BL/CA prerequisite for this stolen skill is not applied to the user. (such as a Uchiha’s Sharingan).
  • The user does not need a weapon equipped to replicate a taijutsu, but receives no weapon or augment bonuses if one is not equipped.
  • The user applies only their own buffs to the stolen skill, no other buffs apply.
  • Maintained skills can only be maintained for 10/20 seconds.

Radiant Aura - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu
1574433902082-png.95

A halo of light that surrounds a Chimera, which is only apparent to those with the correct kind of extra senses. Certainly though, it is there, and one should not mistake this aura for any kind of inefficiency or runoff of wasted chakra. It is instead an indicator of talent they have taken upon themselves to counter the rapid drain of their life's energy through the use of other techniques, to instead supplement themselves even as they fight.

Information
Prerequisites: Chimera

Rank 1/2: The user selects a single target and makes a check against them at -1/+0. If the user succeeds, the victim's CP modifier is lowered by -5 for the rest of the battle. The user gains this CP modifier for themselves, with their current and maximum CP increased by the amount stolen from the victim.

Special Action - Divinity’s Light: Instead of gaining the victim's CP and CP modifier, the user may sacrifice it in order to enable them to swap an additional Passive or Technique for Divinity’s Edge. This technique remains active for the user for the rest of the battle.

Cost: 2.5 AP, 960 CP

Notes:
  • This technique may only be used once successfully per target per battle.
  • Divinity’s Light is not required to be pre-chosen in the user’s dojo, and may be chosen when Radiant Aura is used successfully.

Sacrificial Rite - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu
1574433910710-png.96

Those who are not Chimera exist as only one thing of use to the Chimera in battle: a means to elevate the level of their own perfection. There is no better way, in their mind, to stomp down the boot of their own superiority on the head of their opponent than to remove their use of those techniques the Chimera considers most core and useful to one's being and using that energy to augment the Chimera's own. This technique may seem somewhat limited and expensive, and indeed it is, but it is also a potential game changer should the Chimera apply it at the correct time. The loss of their own innate talents, even temporarily, can indeed throw off the battle rhythm of even the most skilled ninja.

Information
Prerequisites: Chimera, A-Rank

Rank 1/2: The user attempts a check against one target at -2/+0 Acc/DC. If this check succeeds, the user may choose a single Passive of the Target’s BL/CA to be Sacrificed, disabling them for 5/10 seconds. The user gains the benefits of that Passive for the next 5/10 seconds.

Cost: 3 AP and 3025 CP

Notes:
  • If the user lacks the Technique/Ability that a victim's Modification is based on, that Modification is excluded from the pool of potential Sacrificed Passives.
  • The victim is still capable of using other BL/CA techniques that would otherwise rely on the Sacrificed Passive as a prerequisite.
  • Requires a 20 second cooldown after use.

Untwisted Helix - S-Rank Non-Elemental Ninjutsu
1574433917918-png.97

Having spent a great deal of time mastering the way of combining genetics, the Chimera have learned while it is much easier to just tear everything apart, combining it in the right way can provide a huge boost in power, if only a temporary one.

Information
Prerequisites: Chimera, S-Rank, All other Chimera techniques Mastered

Rank 1/2: The user may double a single passive on their Active BL/CA. The user also gains access to 2 Passives, 2 Skills and one Capstone Technique of their inactive CA/BL for 15/20 seconds.

Special Action - Möbius Gene: The user may sacrifice their Genetic implant’s Passive, causing the user to lose it for the duration of this technique to gain 2 Passives, 2 Skills and one Capstone Technique from the Genetic Implant's BL/CA instead of the usual effects.

Cost: 4 AP and 5000 CP.

Notes:
  • This is not a Maintainable Technique.
  • This Technique has a 10 second cooldown after use.
  • The chosen Passives/Skills do not stack with one they already have, {Eg: a Yamanaka choosing Mentalist would gain no additional effect}

Attachments

• genetic instability.png
    genetic instability.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 772
Last edited by a moderator:

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
[QUOTE]
[B][U]Chimera[/U][/B]
[IMG]https://www.ninpocho.com/attachments/1574433863520-png.91/[/IMG]
Many shinobi, during the course of their lifetimes, can be said to have mastered their own bloodline or core ability. Fewer can be said to have had the opportunity to do it with more than one; of those, only the Chimera manage it simultaneously, with their own natural bodies. There are many ways to achieve the path of the Chimera, masters of the most natural and innate of the ninja arts, but few ever manage to carry themselves fully along this difficult path to become true masters of their own powers as well as those they have absorbed, through ill means or no, those they were not born or raised to. Indeed, even for those who do, such arts prove positively exhausting, taxing them far more than do the earthly exploits of mere mortals...

[B][U]Kinjutsu Table[/U][/B]
Divinity’s Edge (Ability)
Genetic Instability (Ability)
Mystic Replication (B-Rank Technique)
Radiant Aura (B-Rank Technique)
Sacrificial Rite (A-Rank Technique)
Untwisted Helix (S-Rank Technique)

[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites[/B]: B-Rank, one fully mastered BL/CA

[B]Effects[/B]:
[LIST]
[*]The user gains access to the [URL='https://ninpocho.com/threads/genetic-implant.64985/']Genetic Implant[/URL] Ability and will not take up a slot. If the user already has the ability upon gaining Chimera, the [I]Genetic Implant[/I] Ability will no longer take up a slot.
[*]The user's Genetic Implant activates in 0 seconds and no longer has a cooldown after use.
[*]The HP Modifier Reduction from Genetic Implant is halved, the user only losing 2 Max HP per activation.
[*]The user gains the ability to integrate another Bloodline or Core Ability into themselves. This BL/CA [b][u]does not have to match[/u][/b] the user’s [I]Genetic Implant[/I] BL/CA. If the chosen Bloodline has multiple branches, the user only has access to a single branch. However, they may have the same Bloodline fill any of their 2 BL/CA slots to gain access to an additional branch.
[*]The user has one Active and one Inactive BL/CA.
[*]Even while inactive, the user must have the Core Ability choices listed in thier Dojo.
[*]The user must select one Passive from both the Active and Inactive BL/CAs to [u][b]have active at all times.[/b][/u]
[*]If the chosen passive is from a Core Ability, the point cost is [b][u]not[/u][/b] counted towards the User's Core Ability choices.
[*]The user may swap between the Active and Inactive BL/CA’s in their Dojo.
[*]All Chimera technique’s do not require handseals, and must have an accuracy selected in the Dojo.
[/LIST]

For the purposes of this Kinjutsu the following table is used for definitions:
[spoiler]Passives = Bloodline Passives, Core Ability Passives/Boosts/Ability Modifications/Jutsu Modifications
Skills = Bloodline Activated Passives, Styles, Non-Final Techniques, Special Moves. Core Ability Special Moves and Styles.
Capstone Technique = Bloodline Final Techniques and Core Ability Final Techniques[/spoiler]

[QUOTE]
[U][B]Divinity’s Edge - Kinjutsu Style[/B][/U] 
Their body has started to absorb the abilities of other Bloodlines and Core Abilities, and the Chimera knows exactly how to get these to manifest in the middle of battle, forcing their own natural bloodline to incorporate the absorbed ones. [I]Information[/I] [B]Prerequisites[/B]: Chimera [B]Effect[/B]:
[LIST]
[*]When the user enters this style, they may choose to [B][U]gain up to 3 passives/skills from their Inactive BL/CA.[/U][/B] While in this style, BL/CA CP costs are increased by 10%
[/LIST]
[B]Special Action - [I]Divinity’s Summit:[/I][/B] The user may pay 1 AP and 4 HP modifier to drop out of Divinity’s Edge Style and swap their Inactive and Active CA/BL. [I]Notes[/I]:
[LIST]
[*]Counts either as [I]Chakra[/I] or [I]Physical[/I] Style. Must be declared upon entering.
[*]While in this style, the user’s Genetic Implant has no duration, and remains active once activated.
[*]Divinity’s Summit may only be used twice per battle.
[*]Cannot be used with Inuzuka Animal Companion, Zodiac Blessing or Mechinist Automatous Familiar
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
[U][B]Genetic Instability - Kinjutsu Ability[/B][/U]
[IMG]https://www.ninpocho.com/attachments/1574433873370-png.92/[/IMG]
The act of splicing other genetic abilities into their own bodies leaves a mark. Sometimes, these marks are clearly visible and set someone apart, other times they’re subtle and might be near invisible. Then there’s the times when your very DNA becomes so unstable you weaponize it.

[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites[/B]: Chimera

[B]Effect[/B]:
[LIST]
[*]Whenever using a Bloodline or Core Ability Skill (See table above), the user may replace the Skill’s Secondary Effects with Genetic Instability with the same % chance. [I](eg,a Fuyushio Yuki using Storm of Ice Shards could replace its 21%/28%/35% chance of causing Impale with 21%/28%/35% chance to cause Genetic Instability)[/I].
[*]If the Bloodline or Core Ability Skill does not have a Secondary Effect, the user may add the Genetic Instability Secondary Effect with the following chances as per rank: 6%/9%/18%/21%/36%
[*]Genetic Instability causes all Bloodline or Core Ability Skills to become [I]Unstable[/I] for 3 seconds. While affected, a target cannot use BL/CA Skills.
[/LIST]

[I]Notes[/I]:
[LIST]
[*]BL/CA Skills that are [I]Unstable[/I] are still maintained, and do not end, but have no effect on the user until they are no longer [I]Unstable[/I].
[*]A target may not be affected by Genetic Instability more than once in a 10 second period.
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
[U][B]Mystical Replication - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu[/B][/U]
[IMG]https://www.ninpocho.com/attachments/1574433888125-png.94/[/IMG]
Considered by some Chimera to be their quintessential skill, a lesser, quicker replica of the means through which they may siphon a whole set of techniques from others. By simply touching the skin of living being, the Chimera can directly absorb and copy aspects of a target and both understand and use them immediately. However, though very convenient, this method does not allow the Chimera to retain the copied aspects of the victim indefinitely, generally fading away shortly after use.

[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites:[/B] Chimera, B-Rank

[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] The user attempts to reflexively copy a single BL/CA Skill from a target, immediately recasting it. If the [I]Copied Skill[/I] is one that targets the user, they must make a check against the caster at -1; if the technique does not have a target or is targeting someone else, the check is made at +0. The user may dodge or resist the technique they are attempting to copy if it is aimed at them, but at a penalty of -2.

[B]Cost:[/B] AP equal to copied skill, +30%/20% CP Cost

[I]Notes[/I]:
[LIST]
[*]Requires a 10 second cooldown after use.
[*]The [I]Copied Skill[/I] cannot be one they already have.
[*]The user must pay all associated costs in order to use copied techniques, with the exception of any unique costs that are a part of the BL/CA itself (such as a Kaguya's Bone Tokens).
[*]Any BL/CA prerequisite for this stolen skill is not applied to the user. (such as a Uchiha’s Sharingan).
[*]The user does not need a weapon equipped to replicate a taijutsu, but receives no weapon or augment bonuses if one is not equipped.
[*]The user applies only their own buffs to the stolen skill, no other buffs apply.
[*]Maintained skills can only be maintained for 10/20 seconds.
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
[U][B]Radiant Aura - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu[/B][/U]
[IMG]https://www.ninpocho.com/attachments/1574433902082-png.95/[/IMG]
A halo of light that surrounds a Chimera, which is only apparent to those with the correct kind of extra senses. Certainly though, it is there, and one should not mistake this aura for any kind of inefficiency or runoff of wasted chakra. It is instead an indicator of talent they have taken upon themselves to counter the rapid drain of their life's energy through the use of other techniques, to instead supplement themselves even as they fight.

[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites[/B]: Chimera

[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] The user selects a single target and makes a check against them at -1/+0. If the user succeeds, the victim's CP modifier is lowered by -5 for the rest of the battle. The user gains this CP modifier for themselves, with their current and maximum CP increased by the amount stolen from the victim.

[B]Special Action - [I]Divinity’s Light:[/I][/B] Instead of gaining the victim's CP and CP modifier, the user may sacrifice it in order to enable them to swap an additional Passive or Technique for Divinity’s Edge. This technique remains active for the user for the rest of the battle.

[B]Cost:[/B] 2.5 AP, 960 CP

[I]Notes[/I]:
[LIST]
[*]This technique may only be used once successfully per target per battle.
[*][I]Divinity’s Light[/I] is not required to be pre-chosen in the user’s dojo, and may be chosen when [I]Radiant Aura[/I] is used successfully.
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
[U][B]Sacrificial Rite - Non-Elemental Ninjutsu[/B][/U]
[IMG]https://www.ninpocho.com/attachments/1574433910710-png.96/[/IMG]
Those who are not Chimera exist as only one thing of use to the Chimera in battle: a means to elevate the level of their own perfection. There is no better way, in their mind, to stomp down the boot of their own superiority on the head of their opponent than to remove their use of those techniques the Chimera considers most core and useful to one's being and using that energy to augment the Chimera's own. This technique may seem somewhat limited and expensive, and indeed it is, but it is also a potential game changer should the Chimera apply it at the correct time. The loss of their own innate talents, even temporarily, can indeed throw off the battle rhythm of even the most skilled ninja.

[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites[/B]: Chimera, A-Rank

[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] The user attempts a check against one target at -2/+0 Acc/DC. If this check succeeds, the user may choose a single Passive of the Target’s BL/CA to be [I]Sacrificed[/I], disabling them for 5/10 seconds. The user gains the benefits of that Passive for the next 5/10 seconds.

[B]Cost:[/B] 3 AP and 3025 CP

[I]Notes[/I]:
[LIST]
[*]If the user lacks the Technique/Ability that a victim's Modification is based on, that Modification is excluded from the pool of potential [I]Sacrificed[/I] Passives.
[*]The victim is still capable of using other BL/CA techniques that would otherwise rely on the [I]Sacrificed[/I] Passive as a prerequisite.
[*]Requires a 20 second cooldown after use.
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

[quote][B][U]Untwisted Helix - S-Rank Non-Elemental Ninjutsu[/U][/B]
[IMG alt="1574433917918-png.97"]https://www.ninpocho.com/attachments/1574433917918-png.97/[/IMG]

Having spent a great deal of time mastering the way of combining genetics, the Chimera have learned while it is much easier to just tear everything apart, combining it in the right way can provide a huge boost in power, if only a temporary one.

[I]Information[/I]
[B]Prerequisites[/B]: Chimera, S-Rank, All other Chimera techniques Mastered

[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] The user may double a single passive on their Active BL/CA. The user also gains access to 2 Passives, 2 Skills and one Capstone Technique of their inactive CA/BL for 15/20 seconds. 

[B]Special Action - [I]Möbius Gene:[/I][/B] The user may sacrifice their Genetic implant’s Passive, causing the user to lose it for the duration of this technique to gain 2 Passives, 2 Skills and one Capstone Technique from the Genetic Implant's BL/CA instead of the usual effects.

[B]Cost[/B]: 4 AP and 5000 CP.

[I]Notes[/I]:
[LIST]
[*]This is not a Maintainable Technique.
[*]This Technique has a 10 second cooldown after use.
[*]The chosen Passives/Skills do not stack with one they already have, {Eg: a Yamanaka choosing Mentalist would gain no additional effect}
[/LIST][/quote]
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back