Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Event Church of Death [Event: Shadow Steward]

Uzu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Ancient stonework from a time long gone held aloft a broken roof made from terracotta tile with walls that seemed unharmed by any of time’s rough hands. Explosions, earthquakes, the moss that seemed to eat its way into all of the infrastructure; none of it had dented the smooth black marble. Even dust seemed to avoid landing on the inky surface the reflected the light of two lone torches at one end of the dilapidated structure.

It had once been a church to the goddess Mother Suna - a mysterious woman who roamed the desert helping mankind get back on their feet after Primus’ Rebellion. It had been some time since the identity of Shiori had been revealed as an Ancient of the Earthen Courts, making her aid seem dubious. The religion was now niche, with the main practitioners either turning a blind eye to the goddess’ origins or being rural enough for the information to have reached them. Many of the nomadic tribes of Wind still prayed to her for safe passage, for example, but within most city-states religion around Mother Suna had all but dried up. That said, their nigh-indestructible churches still remained.

Most were being used by the rich, the elite, and those able to afford property rights within the major oases. In Sunagakure, they were mostly torn down and had the building materials repurposed into other means. Rumor even has it that many of the surface level churches went to help fortifying the wall as the black marble they were made from was mysteriously durable on even the worst of days. In the Underground, however, they still remained here and there. Most were buried beneath the rubble of terroistic attacks and Tama’s mood-swings, but Uzu knew of one that had been in his base of operations when he was “king”, down here.

Sitting in the throne he had installed himself some fifty years ago, he leaned against an armrest with his head propped up by a fist. The two torches above him were all that illuminated the old church, as it had always been, but looking out towards the rest of the destroyed building brought a sadness he could not describe. He wondered briefly if this was why he had been so mad at Tama for resurrecting him. Uzu once had it all, and this building was the center of his operations. Women, drink, food, weapons, money…he had it all. He traded it all. Down here no one dared to stand against him or his empire until Sousuke cracked down on the enterprise once Uzu had become weak from cancer. Looking out at the empty room full of broken furniture, a lurch in his stomach to remind him how much time had passed only furthered to sour his already bad mood.

After all, he had to help pull a coup now.

The orders had come from “on high,” meaning that the ex-Steward Sousuke had “called on a favor.” The two old men became fast friends despite the robotic hero having been the one who dismantled his empire; but Uzu made sure to not owe the man any favors. That quickly became impossible as his health began to ail, and then on top of that his most treasured weapons had been made by the famous blacksmith himself, with the steel known around the world as the “strongest.” It still irked him. Lifting his right mechanical arm and staring at it caused another spike of ire, knowing that Sousuke had designed it; even though it had been Tama who had customized it’s use for the assassin.

I owe too much to this damn country…” he muttered before lowering the arm back down to tap gently against the arm rest.

He had called his two apprentices in a private way by leaving a single mark on their front door in dunestrider blood. It was draconic, and probably confusing, until a good look at the symbol would activate the ninjutsu hidden beneath to transform the blood into a message of where and when to meet. He couldn’t risk using the official ANBU channels to call them, despite being a leading member of the Black Corps. Wei’s eyes and ears where everywhere, but for the old assassin this was old hat. He assumed they would understand the message.

Both of them excelling in their duties already. Ranran had found the proof needed to start a rebellion within Sunagakure without resorting to a full blood-bath; which, in his battle-lust found quite unfortunate but the Old Council was thrilled. Akari was set up to become the next Uzumoreru Queen, which gave his daughter a rival and their dead clan an even bigger second chance at revival. Both girls had a lot of potential he couldn’t even begin to comprehend, and on their shoulders the weight of the future laid…but for now they were still his “children,” and they needed direction.

His golden eyes glowed softly in the semi-dark as he waited…

[Denizens of the abyss, from ink of blackest night, I summon thee!]

Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C Rank
A loud yawn echoed down the halls of a small apartment complex as a short pink haired girl slouched down the hallways to head for her temporary residence her eyes heavy as she had been traveling for the better part of this month on a mission in the guide of a merchant blacksmith which meant no high speed running back to the village to keep her cover intact and she had been stuck in a merchant caravan for far longer than the girl would have liked which had taken more of a toll on her than she had thought leaving her tired and grumpy. Arriving at the door Ran lifted a heavy booted foot as if she was planning on kicking a the door open until she noticed a small bit of graffiti on her door which seemed to be made out of blood if her sense of smell was correct. Allowing her foot to drop to floor again Ran tugged on her overalls until she managed to fish a kunai from them before leaning in to examine the mark so she could deduce who was messing with her shit.

Much to her surprise though the mark soon transformed into a small message from Uzu asking her to meet him. A loud sigh escaped Ranran's lips as she denied her bed before she reached into another large pocket and extracted her Anbu mask before donning the annoying bit of her uniform that reminded her of her annoying child hood with a similar mask before she finally flashed away in a burst of speed her overalls falling to the floor discarded as changed back into her normal clothes hidden underneath her disguise.

It took Ranran a bit longer than she would have liked to find the church for the meeting but soon Ranran found herself stepping through old rotted doors her footsteps lighted only by the torches within and what natural light dared to peek through the broken roof. Ranran herself had changed back to her more comfortable clothing with her Anbu mask perched haphazardly on top of her head as she looked upon her sensei who was relaxing on what appeared to be a throne. "Yo ya called Sensei?" Sounding tired Ranran glanced around the room looking for her sister disciple who seemed to like getting the drop on her.

MFT
WC: 388

Last edited:

Kamiya Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
The burden of knowledge was something which the blonde kunoichi bore willingly, readily, and eagerly. Uzumoereru might consider their techniques a curse, but she relished the new found techniques, even if the methods to acquire them were unorthodox, certainly not ideal and quite mysterious, involving several strange mental tests finishing up with the strange old fossil the captain called "Queen". Still, not only did it bestow upon her much of their secret techniques, but it opened the door to many powers that had laid dormant inside of her, including full access to her bloodline and a curious Shadow being that, while it seemed to simply resemble her, had a will and a mind of its own. One that often thought much clearer and more sadistically than even her own did.

In fact, she was enjoying all these things so much, she picked up a new hobby of learning how to delve into the genetic coding of other beings and was rather enjoying herself. Sure, it was messier than normal, but such was the price for greater strength to push herself ever closer towards her own goals. Of course, one particular ability came with a good deal of pain, but it wasn't unbearable nor crippling and she too it in stride, overall. It wasn't enjoyable, no, but that didn't matter too much. All great things came with a cost. She was rather intrigued with speeding up the ability to go from person to person at the genetic level in addition to building up a tolerance to the great pain. However, while trying to formulate the ability as a whole when an unusual summons came for her. And so...she decided to answer the call, as would only be proper. However, she did not particularly feel the need to change out of the guise of a young woman, slightly older than herself. Attractive features, though more of a "normal" size than her actual height. She was an ANBU, after all, thriving within the world unknown was a must.

And thus, she hurried along her way, completely concealed from the sight of others by using the path of shadows as well as her natural quickness. From afar, she watched the smug little student move towards the church, something which only confirmed that this was the proper place, though she felt it quite tactless for the portly old man to summon the two of them at once.

Though one assumption was wrong. He was quite different from the distended and out of shaped old man she had seen before. She could tell that from afar, looking on before moving with such stealth and quickness that a gentle breeze would find itself green as she seemingly appeared behind Ranran. Though not nearly as towering as she had been before now that she assumed her new form. Of course, to most others, she would appear as a stranger as the technique allowed her to change on the genetic level...though Akari had no doubt Uzu would see the progress she had made. That said...a throne seemed quite gauche. Uzu had transformed himself so quickly, it might as well have been overnight as far as Akari was concerned, into someone that looked quite the warrior, strong and fit, despite the advanced age, but it was him. She could tell. Still...for some reason. She felt a stir seeing her superior in rank looking down upon her in such a position. The only emotion she would show visibly would be a rapid blink as she tried to process what she saw and tried to figure out why is bothered her so much. Otherwise, she would remain still with a bright, cheerful smile upon her lips.

"Well, well, Captain. You've certainly changed from our last meeting. I must commend you! Quite impressive, quite impressive indeed!" she stated, giving a soft clap of acknowledgement at the genuinely impressive change. "Is there a mission you require of me?" Granted, the girl was quite small, the pink haired one in front of her...but no matter what, it was more than obvious the young demoness was intentionally ignoring her existence, especially while so close to her.

"Or, perhaps this is you stating your desire to install yourself as Suna's new leader?" She eyed the throne quite closely, obviously. Intently. And, as always, with a smile.

[WC: 705]

Last edited:

Uzu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Ranran the Faithful. She had to be exhausted after her last mission, with the timing of everything occurring with her return. Had he more time to spare her, Uzu would have simply asked for a debriefing and let her have a solid week of recoup while the Queen Elect and himself took on the surfacing matter on their own. However, they didn’t live in such simple times anymore. The matter at hand was one of utmost importance that needed to be solved sooner than later. Damage had already been done, lines drawn, and blood spilled; it was now Toushin’s job to correct these actions.

No, not yet,” he replied flatly to Akari’s question but with a half smirk. Was this her own cattish way of saying hello or was the Queen’s powers already corrupting her mind? He already barely recognized her save for the fact that only his assassins would know where this church was located. Well, that and her voice with the laced attitude he was becoming accustomed to. Were it not for that, he might have thrown a blade towards the "mysterious" woman at the door with Ranran. “…but there is a mission I require of you both. Things I cannot do on my own for my presence leaves a certain signature despite my…transformations. First off, Ranran, I trust it the Twin’s most wizened adviser no longer has a mouth to speak with?

Toushin waited for the smaller of the two girls to explain the details of her mission, relinquish the ring used for summoning a Flame Court Ancient, and anything else extra she deemed necessary. Uzu held the jewelry piece in his mechanical hand, not allowing the metal to touch flesh in case it recognized his signature from the last time he attempted to battle the creature it called. A strong part of him wanted to close his fist and crush the gem encrusted gold loop, but he knew it would serve better as a piece of blackmail.

I commend you. As of this right you are now fully fledged and blooded. Your codename shall be Death Adder. I will petition a raise to be effective immediately, and a substantial bonus will be placed at your family’s doorsteps.

Akari, I assume your training is going well? In my own time correcting the flaws of my body I woefully admit to having missed your most recent movements.

Now it was Akari’s turn to explain her training with the powers gifted by his mother. He listen just as intently as he did the girl who actually preformed a job for him; neither task placed upon the girls’ shoulders were easy ones. Ranran had preformed a job that would have been considered impossible not even fifteen years ago, and Akari held the burden of resurrecting a dead clan. It would only be a matter of time before her strength eclipsed his own, and Uzu would be at the service of another Queen. Though…he couldn’t help but question if it were better for Akari to be given reigns over his own daughter - and then remembered the ire the latter was capable of.

It was still a huge toss up for him.

Fascinating. It appears you’re coming to terms quite quickly. This will be most important in the days to come.
As you’ve probably already heard, Wei has made moves against the Toraono, the Takahashi, and other major clans with ties to royal bloodlines. The Academy has also been temporarily shut down, causing a huge stir within the general populace now suddenly cut off from the military funding their children give them. These are all movements to halt the progress of the Rebellion that is very quickly becoming a full blown coup; but only the Rebellion, is able to see that. To everyone else, this appears to be a power-grabbing move by the Chikamatsu to take full control over Sunagakure. There are even rumors Wei will be naming himself the next Kazekage, or has someone in mind to take full control over the military from his clan - both are false.
What is true, is that the information he’s acting on appears to be a full on leak from one within the ranks of the Rebellion. Someone knows that the Old Guard plan to make moves against Wei, and I’ve narrowed down my suspects.

Toushin lifted himself up from the stone throne, and casually stepped down to the broken church floor to cross over towards his apprentices without a sound. From his hands two photographs appeared, taken recently. He handed one to each.

Toraono Aizen, and Toshinaka Ret. Aizen is a solider rank among his kin, and high-ranking. He’s been returned from field duty at Wei’s specific request which I found to be highly unusual. Turns out, he’s been vying to control the Toraono since their legendary leader Kuro installed his wife as their queen and left the village. Michino is too big a problem, and no one knows the location of Suzume, so he’s resorted to bedding with the Chikamatsu. Since his return from field he’s heavily been involved with other nobles and has made many political moves that quickly placed him as trustworthy to the Rebellion - i.e., he’s spoken out against Wei at every last turn. However, unlike most other nobles who do so, his punishments have been exceedingly light. House arrest was the worst they got when Wei has been known to imprison other clans for less. Ranran, you’re talent speaks for itself and you will be making sure Aizen doesn’t wake up tomorrow.

Toshinaka Ret is someone who has been a part of the Rebellion since its inception. My information with this one is woefully lacking and needs more reconnaissance before I can safely draw a knife across their throat. My assumption so far is they’ve gotten cold feet, blackmail is being leveraged, or there is a hostage involved. With the powers you’ve been given, infiltration into his clan holdings should be simple. On the back of that photo is a list of relatives that have been out of the limelight for a couple of years. Pick one, assimilate their form, and begin gathering information. If Ret has fallen to something a simple as greed or hubris, you have my permission to end their life however you see fit. If they are being forced to relieve information, then report back - I will hand the rest.

Once the two pictures were taken, Toushin would nod towards his students and stalk back up to the stone throne to turn and sit back into it. Reaching into the shadow of his left, he pulled a silver goblet filled to the brim with some kind of red wind that he drank deeply from,
Any questions?

Last edited:

Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C Rank
It would appear that a lot had changed while Ranran had been away undercover, the first thing being her sensei's body as she had gotten a better look at him. Gone was the large rotund body that made him look more at home in a manga store than on the battlefield was now long gone replace by the trim and toned body of an experienced Anbu operative though her sensei had put on some weight in other respects as Ranran idly noted the metallic prosthetic arm Uzu was now wearing only just catching a glint of it in the dim light.

Before Ranran could say anything further another figure slinked into the room her form seemingly shedding the shadows from her form as she ignored Ranran and promptly spoke with Uzu not that Ranran paid much notice as she was instead engrossed in analysing the stranger. Ranran stared a hole into the girls head as her eyes drifted over the blond hair, the insufferable smile that irked Ranran just by existing as well as the small mannerism that while didn't belong to this current form did remind the pink haired girl strongly of Akari to the point that she had assumed some ninja magic bullshit was going on to both change Uzu and Akari so quickly. Looking down at her own form Ranran on the other hand hadn't changed much over the last few months despite her body becoming more toned she experienced no further growth in height or a blossoming of the more desired features a women may attain causing her mood to sour greatly as she glared at the two in the room as they spoke about Uzu possible candidacy of taking whatever throne they were talking about.

Undisturbed by either of his students Uzu pressed on for the reason for their gathering and as distasteful as she found Akari or whoever this stranger was that had replaced the clown girl she vaguely knew Ranran still knew when she was about to receive a job and had been drilled by her family to keep silent so as not to make a mistake on who she need to kill. The first thing Uzu asked about was the result of Ranran's mission.

"Ah you mean the over worked guy you had me go after? Yeah split him from head to toe thought judging by how the fucker was talking, felt more like a mercy killin than assassination."

As Ranran spoke the girl quickly felt around what material clade her measly chest and quickly withdrew the ring she had stolen from her target and hidden within.

"Had a lot to say before he went too. Like how this ring was what got the Kazekage or how the twins had been ignoring him from the better part of well.......awhile without all the excruciating details."

With her part said Ran flicked the ring over to Uzu with a slight motion watching as the man easily caught it with his metallic arm which caught the pink haired gaze a tad longer than it should have as if she was interested more interested on the arm than she was letting on. Moving on it seems she had left Uzu with a favourable impression of her as he rewarded her work with the allocation of a nickname to go as while working as a Anbu a metaphorical acceptance of her new position not that Ranran was happy about being called Death Adder as it sounded far too edgy for her but she had nothing better to suggest and chose to remain quite as Akari spoke about her own adventures.

It wasn't long before Uzu had received his reports and had stood to hand over their next assignments which for Ranran was an old soldier called Aizen.

"Do I have to be sneaky again or can I have some fun this time?"

Was her reply to Uzu's question as she hadn't received enough bloodshed on her last mission and honestly she just needed a good slaughter to cheer herself up with.

Kamiya Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Many items poured through the girl's mind, one after another as she surveyed the surroundings, taking in the small portion of world and two others that occupied it. Ranran, despite apparently having successfully accomplished a mission and earned herself a codename for the ANBU, seemed the only one who had remained unchanged...literally. Though she was a child, Akari took a great pleasure in mocking her for the rudeness she always put on display...though it was also more petty than that. The smug look the pink-haired girl had flashed when she had been promoted over her irritated her far greater than it should have. Were the situation even the slightest bit different, Akari would have relished in adding her to the new collection she was creating.

The ANBU captain, however, was so much different it was puzzling, not to mention the arrogant way he sat in the throne. There was something about it that felt so wrong. The throne didn't seem all that visually appealing. Despite living, and indeed thriving, in the shadows, Akari would rather a throne that spoke of her glory, adorn in gold and jewels. Extra plush for comfort, her mind already creating something of an ideal vision despite not understanding the reason. Nor did she understand the displeasure of seeing another upon a throne. Perhaps it was just Uzu she felt a displeasure sitting upon a seat of rule, lording over her.

Nonetheless, she did give a rather bright grin, a touch of smugness mixed in once the pint-sized, self-titled assassin finished speaking and she nodded. "Naturally. I've rather enjoyed testing the limits of the new abilities I acquired, both naturally as well as through your training. Yes, indeedy!" She stated as her shadow started to stretch out rapidly, all around her in all directions in an ominous manner before she tapped her foot and it sprung back to her even quicker than it had expanded. "Admittedly, the pain is rather inconvenient, but it is a far from debilitating. I've, shall we say, acquired several samples in order to change my form, as you can see. In fact, through the knowledge of it all, I'm working on a way to switch between myself and these different...forms rather quickly as well as lessening the side effects. Though, naturally, it's still early in the stages..."

She expected her small counterpart to understand none of it, but it didn't matter. Aside from a source of minute amusement, she rarely thought of the tiny child. Though hearing the details of her last mission did sound amusing trying to think of it her actually performing an assassination. Not due to her age or size, but due to her loud persona.

However, the meeting was not simply to go over the progress as of late, but to detail missions. Ranran had her mission and Akari listened carefully to her own. Thankfully, they were separate as Akari preferred to work alone, mostly so that no one could bare witness to how she operated...but also due to the fact it was doubtful the two would mesh well enough to accomplish a mission. This new mission seemed specifically tailored to her new Altered Shadows ability compliments of the Uzumoereru clan.

Her eyes studied the picture of this Toshinaka Ret and then she poured over the list written upon the back, needing to learn their most likely locations as well as the possibility that their personalities might need to be adopted, especially if she were expected to get close to a relative in power. She smirked as Ranran spoke up and Akari took this as an ideal moment to allow the transformation to be undone as her skin started to stretch and whiten...indeed, her whole body grew rather rapidly as pain shot through her body. A pain she hoped to soon reduce or eliminate entirely. The discomfort shown in her yellowing eyes, irises turning red, for those who cared to notice, but she never allowed her smile to waver. Her more womanly curves on a still overall petite figure accentuated as she reached out and patted Ranran on the head, much like she was a child...which she was.

"Due try not to injure yourself while 'having fun'. A coup d'état certainly needs more...precise and decisive cuts," the blonde girl stated, towering her over once again as she always did before turning her eyes back to Uzu.

"Admittedly, I do have some questions, Captain...is there a time that these missions accomplished by?" she asked, admittedly wondering how quickly she could adapt to the subtle nuisances and quirks that the family member she chose might have. Usually such deep undercover missions would need some time to research...and her feats, up until then, had been set to ending a life in the quickest, most effective way. Researching only enough to find out when a person would be alone and isolated, little further than that. But perhaps there was some knowledge of the technique that she hadn't uncovered in the week she had been looking into other things. "And does the one I assume the form of need to remain...alive?"

Her eyes narrowed down on the list, looking closely at the feminine names and their information, trying to decide on a target close to her own age. In the short time, she found men rather...uncomfortable to transform into. Still, her eyes were drawn towards the throne and the man who sat upon it, even as her head was lowered towards the photograph in her hand. "I do have another...unrelated question, however. You say you have no desire to rule Sunagakure at the moment so, I hope you will indulge my curiosity..." she lowered her arm and raised her head with her smile widening just a bit as her eyes closed, almost serenely and yet, as she tilted her head to the side, there seemed to a heavy air lingering around her. "What's with the throne?"

Last edited:

Uzu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Being a father gave Toushin a weird perspective when it came to apprentices. There was a glow of pride in the success that the two girls had been able to procure; even if by his own hand he had simply guided them. There had been no training this time as both had been capable killers when they were assigned to him. Yet he couldn’t help but feel a…”fatherly”, attachement to the two females as they prepared to enact yet another murder via his order. Could this come back to bite him on the ass? Absolutely. Akari alone was enough to give him pause in many of his decisions since his mother doted upon the tall girl, but that had never been his choice. An active queen-elect who was happily playing with the powers she had been bestowed meant good news for the Uzumoreru clan. His own daughter had found herself embroiled in the Toraono clan and never once thought of resurrecting their clan; she, much like her genetic father, was quite selfish in this regard.

After handing out the two pictures and information attached, the smaller of the two asked a simple question. “Fun.” He knew well the kind of murderous tendancies her clan was capable of, and that they were far more about sending a message than simple assassinations. Uzu didn’t answer immediatly, instead he turned around and lumbered back up into his chair before flopping back against the stone. The mechanical right hand raised up under his chin to scratch at his beard as he seemed in deep thought.

With the Toraono clan seeing themselves rise up one of their own into the role of Kazekage, there was no doubt some would begin to throw their weight. Kuro and Suzume had always been a guiding light in keeping their clan humble, and Michino had made great strides in carrying on that tradition…however, he would be quite busy with his new leadership role. Toushin knew of quite a few members of that clan who wanted more than they were allowed; hence the reason one of them needed to die.

…yes,” he finally said, unleashing Ranran to her fullest. “With the new Kazekage being lifted up from that clan, they need to be humbled before it goes to their heads. I will urge you caution though. The Toraono didn’t rise in significance within the Sunagakure military for no reason. Every last warrior is a fully capable shinobi worthy of testing even my talents. Satisfy your bloodlust, but do not lose yourself. Remember that this clan is a part of our village’s main security team, and we are excising a cyst. To deal a blow hard enough to truly weaken them would be to see our own defenses fall as well.

Hopefully satisfied with his answer, Toushin turned his attention to Akari asking other important questions,
Indeed there is. For Ranran, her task must be completed by the end of tomorrow. Your, task has more wiggle room in time as you will need to assimilate a form, gather information, and make a choice. I personally could care less if the person you choose to copy remains alive or dead - so that is up to your discretion. I only ask that if you choose death that the body of that person continue to remain…unlocated.

That was their tasks neatly laid out. While Ranran worked her mission tonight, Toushin also had a few heads he needed to roll. There was the matter of Wei’s personal army and their leaders that needed to be cut down to size before Michino lead the rebellion into a full coup. Without his steel hand to crush the throats of those men there would be far more casualties within the near future. It would set a bad precedence for the future Kazekage if his natural irenic ways lead to more bloodshed than simply killing the people who sided with Wei. Then Akari asked a question that set his hackles up. Golden eyes glared down at his would-be queen of the clan,
Do you find it concerning? That I, the son of the woman who declare you have the opportunity, to become the new head of the Uzumoreru clan would dare to sit in a throne and judge you from his seat?” He had really softened up. Would be a time he simply would have stood up and given the demonic child a taste of the back of his hand at such a ridiculous question. He out ranked her, appearances be damned.

Yet….having lived over a hundred years had actually softened the edges of his soul. Perhaps it was that this body wasn’t entirely his own genetics, and Tama had cut out whatever brought about such irrational anger from his genes when the mad-idiot spliced his own into the code.
…I was once a king,” he finally said with far less sarcasm, leaning his head on his left fist, “I ruled here in Sunagakure, beneath the watchful eye of Takahashi Sousuke, Sunahoshi Katsuo, and for a time, Raizo, before my own hubris saw my kingdom fall. The Underground was once a much more vibrant place before the 11th Kazekage saw reason to curb my businesses and hobble the local mad-scientists after that fall. During such a time, this church was my castle. I ruled from this throne then. That is all. A moment of me reaching back to a time when I had power to reflect on this time now when I have it again; only now it’s upon the surface world...
If there is no other questions, you are both dismissed.

His mood was somewhat soured now, but that worked out for him. Murder was a most satisfactory balm to wounded pride.

[MFT]
[Topic Left Unless Stopped]
[Please let me know on Discord how you want to proceed with your tasks if you want them to be Modded Missions. Ranran, I know you’re in the process of switching characters so, if you want, this can be a Solo-Self Mission to rush ‘long the story as Mod Missions can take some time to complete; same to you Akari. If either of you need help in writing them SSM style (like, clan info or housing, or whatever), just let me know. Also on the note of Ranran, since you are OCRing soon, you’re not indebted to do this either. I know how writing goes and sometimes, brain just no go. We could simply state that the task was far greater than thought, and your clan up and left Suna to avoid Touishin’s wrath, or, something.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamiya Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
The girl's crimson eyes trained themselves sharply upon the intricately crafted, sturdy throne in front of her, one that seemed as if it had weathered a great deal of hardship from the man who sat upon it along with the passing of time...or perhaps it was her imagination for even the new formed the Captain had found himself in, Akari could practically feel the unyielding effects of time cascading from him. She thought of what he was thinking and, while she did have a sort of respect for the man beyond his title, the thoughts clashed in her mind with new ones. New thoughts that found it incredibly irksome that he would sit upon the throne in her presence and she could not comprehend for the life of her as to why. Almost as if it were an insult. It was not a feeling that she was proud of. The work, one way or another, the man had put in to give her these new abilities in addition to transform himself from a man so rotund, she almost thought he would bounce if kicked to this new, muscular form was impressive and worthy of her respect. But there was an itch that she could scratch with neither shadow nor blade that twinged in the back of her skull.

Still, the blonde demon listened as the man spoke. First to RanRan and then herself, detailing missions and answering the pertaining questions neatly. Akari nodded with a bow as the man had given out the orders. "I assure you that no body I have ever dealt with has been discovered in the past...unless I wished it so," she stated, a grin of self-assurance upon her lips and perhaps a bit cheekiness as well.

However, she knew, somehow she knew, that her questions about the throne would not be taken lightly as it almost felt as if open hostility thickened the air, prickling her snow white skin as she refused to flinch. Bloodlust was her specialty and, though she often hid hers to extreme extents to keep prying eyes away, but she was far from a stranger to it. Indeed, not even her smile waved as he spoke. However, he did speak of many interesting things. After his initial bristle with anger, he calmed down and spoke of his past, almost calmly. A rise and fall, something that always seems to be attributed to those of power corrupted. It was all very...interesting. Something she would be interested in learning more of in the future. However, the first section demanded her attention far more. He spoke of the Queen that she had met during the trial. One would think that would make the man a prince and, thus, he would be leading the clan...but instead, she was chosen?

"A clan? A clan of my own, you say? My, how...fascinating. Delightful, even. You...judging me aside, I never dreamed such was the purpose of the ritual when last we met. Perhaps, at a later date, I would love to hear more of your past, Captain....but now...you absolutely must tell me of this "opportunity" that you speak of. You may, indeed, color me intrigued over the matter. In fact, one might said I'd kill to know everything you can tell me," stated the young woman with a devout, perhaps even sanctimonious smile curling her lips. And it should come to no surprise. Even in her testimony when joining the Village Hidden in the Sand, she had stated that her parents were ninjas from the village, but were long dead and she had no knowledge of her clan. She was an orphan and well-documented as such. The idea of researching her heritage to discover her familial connection was always present, but tertiary to her goals of getting stronger to progress within the village and eventually, murder Akkuma. Still, it was not shocking the idea of having a clan to herself, especially one that seemed to have great power and dark connections, was rather appealing. Perhaps it was also an explanation as to why she felt so disturbed to see the ANBU Captain on his self-made throne. Perhaps the blood she accepted that was slowly darkening her own blood was effecting her even now. Not that it mattered. Results were the language of the world.

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back