Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Class] Rising to the Top! [Req. Hikari, Siu]

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"We understand~ And we apologize for coming to you so frequently, and with your newfound responsibility as one of the village's nine champions it must be taxing... However, you have proven to have a strange adaptability to most students." The Secretary of the Headmaster had carefully sorted a stack of papers that lay afore her, atop a neat and well-kept desk. Her studious eyes fell to Shieo's with a careful examination. He was a problem in itself to the Academy, Shieo was becoming rather notorious with the staff for being a champion of combat and Genjutsu; and it seemed without notice or cause as if he had been hiding things from the public~ Which wasn't inherently incorrect either. But what bothered her more, was his demeanor; it was difficult for her to describe, even to herself. But he watched with dour eyes and an expression of exhaustion, yet even with his monotone voice; he sounded apathetic, but underneath all of it was a guise of caring.
It ultimately, left her with uneasy chills. Not out of fear, but a lack of knowing his next words or choice of action. "Nevertheless. With your origin responsibility to the Academy, we require your attention to continuing to fulfill the role of a mentor; such is the case for Hikari, Siu." She had slid a folder towards Shieo, allowing him to silently pinch the corner and flip it open to the young-girls dossier.
[spoilername="Hikari, Siu"][col]
General
Name: Hikari, Siu
Physical
Height: 5'2
Weight: 90 Pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Skin Tone: Pale

Grades
Ninjutsu: B
Taijutsu: C
Genjutsu: C
History: A
Shinobi 101: B
|[/col][/spoilername]

"As you can plainly see she's not doing terrible at her school work; passable even. However, in-spite all of this. Her regard for application of skills and jutsu are showing a distinct lack of enthusiasm. Due to this, she hasn't had much investment in learning some of the practical jutsu a shinobi should have... As I'm sure you can guess we need y~" Clearing his throat, he closed the folder; tucking it underneath his arm-pit he had already started walking towards the door. Giving her a brief but visible wave. "Yes, yes. I'll give her some challenge; I'll be back when I succeed or fail~ whichever, I guess." With his motion, he slipped through her office door and disappeared into the hallways of the Academy.

Leaving the secretary to rub her brow, "He really is a handful..."
A day had passed since the event of his assignment. Siu would have received an expedited notice from the Academy, instructing her to meet at the Academy Obstacle Courses; while the area was littered with practice dummies, targets, tight-ropes, and varying miscellaneous equipment. Shieo was distinctly, not by any of such items.
No, he stood next to a tall tree. Holding a clipboard and awaiting his summoned Student, assuming she showed up~ he's had a few flakes, so he came prepared with a crossword puzzle; in which he had been working on while waiting.

Given her arrival, his half-lidded dour expression would drift up to the young-girl with a dullen-color to his eyes; inspecting her, she would assume. But he seemed a little too spacey for that, perhaps just a simple acknowledgement that he had addressed her presence. With her closed distance, he would sniff once. Slip the clipboard underneath his armpit and rest his other hand atop his hip. "Yo." Taking a deep, careful breath he thought about the next few words to say. "I suspect you're Hikari, Siu; I am Shieo, you're welcome to just call me by such as well~ I, uh. Will be your instructor for today; it's been interpreted that you need a gentle shove into using Ninjutsu." Figuring he would have grasped some of her attention by now, he reached behind himself with the hand that had initially been rested on his hip. Clenching into a fist he tapped the tree three times. "Today you'll be practicing a fundamental skill for climbing along trees with your feet alone. And of course, chakra~ since otherwise.. It'd be impossible. Or at the very least, incredibly inefficient."

Afterwards, he let himself fall silent. Only to finalize with a quick inquiry. "If you have any questions, let me know~ Otherwise I'll get to showing you the needed functions to do this."

[WC = 725 | Post Count 1/5]

Secretary
Shieo

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The morning had been odd. Siu had been relaxing at home, reading a book, when a sudden knock on the door had unexpectedly sent her on a urgent trip to the Academy Obstacle Courses on short notice. "But today's a free day..." She protested in vain, as the messenger immediately walked away shortly after his deliverance. Getting prepared and properly dressed, she began her walk through the village, towards the academy, completely unenthusiastic. "Am I in trouble?" She pondered somewhat worrisomely, in the midst of her journey. Making it to the obstacle course was already a challenging enough endevour for her, before she would even begin any physical training. Finding any motivation to go to the academy on a day when there was no official class, was extremely difficult for her. Fortunately, however, she was a rather obedient kid, for the most part.

Upon entering the obstacle course, the young shinobi in training carefully examined the area. This had certainly not been the first time she'd visited this area, yet it had been the first time she'd thoroughly examined it. Very rarely did she visit this place, outside of required exercises during class. Whenever she was out of class, the place was entirely nonexistent for her. Though, many of the other students swore by the place.

In the distance, next to a tall tree, she would see a unfamiliar face, and an adult face at that. At the man's expression, she found herself at a loss of how exactly to feel about him, or even act in response. On one hand, he seemed as if he could possibly be cold-hearted and mean, yet on the other hand, he seemed as if he could simply be depressed. His expression was something that seemed nearly impossible to read, even for someone as observant as Siu. He looked more like a bearer of bad news, than an instructor, on first impressions, in her eyes. Now she even more deeply worried if she really 'was' in trouble, and had done something wrong, upon witnessing the waiting man. Upon carefully approaching the unfamiliar face, he would be the first to begin introductions.

"Yo. I suspect you're Hikari, Siu; I am Shieo, you're welcome to just call me by such as well~ I, uh. Will be your instructor for today; it's been interpreted that you need a gentle shove into using Ninjutsu."

The girl's rather unenthusiastic expression changed after the greeting, her eyes somewhat widening, and communicating her surprise. "Instructor?" She repeated back to herself, very surprised. This was not quite what she was expecting today. Upon realizing the unfamiliar man's position, the young girl's posture straightened, as she stared at him with respectful eyes; or at least, what she considered to be respectful, anyways. She was still getting quite used to how to correctly show others respect.

"Today you'll be practicing a fundamental skill for climbing along trees with your feet alone. And of course, chakra~ since otherwise.. It'd be impossible. Or at the very least, incredibly inefficient."

"Tree climbing...? With chakra...?" She repeated back aloud, her tone communicating that she was heavy in thought, as her gaze switched to the large tree behind the man, continuing upwards towards the top. Now here was something she'd yet to have been offered by the academy to learn before. This was a very different instruction, compared to the usual hand seal practice drills, and chakra meditation exercises, which were boringly yawn-inspiring for her.

The man's finalized statement immediately brought the young academy student's attention from the top of the tree, back to him. Staring at him rather blankfaced for a time, surprised by the sudden introduction of unexpected events, she eventually realized that she needed to actually open her mouth and to say something to the man, in response. It seemed he was rather straight to the point.

"N-no, I have no questions!" She finally spoke, her words rushed and jumbled together. Although, in reality she actually did have a few questions. However, she deemed it more wise and also more respectful to hold her questions, at least until he would explain how the entire process was going to work.

"I'm ready to learn Mr---I-I mean Instructor Shieo!" She continued, making sure to refer to him by his proper title. Placing her arms behind her back, she obediently awaited his explanation and further instruction.

[WC = 728 | Post Count 1/5]

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
After the short, but fulfilling reactions he got out of Siu; his right eye brow arched ever so slightly upon her announcing her preparation, as well as the way she commented on his title. "Hn~ Shieo is fine, really." Moments after he finished speaking, a quick motion of his right arm he had flicked the clipboard off to the side, thumping into the grass. In the same fluid motion, he faced the tree; with a sharp angle facing away from Siu as he examined the tree himself. "I chose a tough tree, hopefully you can do this... Ah well, sometimes y'gotta run before you can walk~ Probably."

It admittedly, was a bit difficult to follow him. He seemed to be taking this rather lightly, with a gentle air about him. But given his flat-line tone in his voice, one could very readily accept he was being stern or foreboding. A problem he was aware of, perhaps he did it intentionally to leave people on edge. Whatever the reason; he turned rather suddenly towards Siu. "So, strictly speaking. The goal is to get somewhere near the top of the tree... It's pretty high, so if you make it a fourth up I'll count that too~ But the ends of your limits are for you to decide." Giving a momentary dismissive wave at his final comment, his body language appeared to give an air of freedom in the lesson.

"To accomplish what you're aiming for. You'll need to concentrate a set amount of chakra to the soles of your shoes, flats of your feet- or whatever you decide to wear." While he was instructing the absolute basics of the technique, he had also simultaneously turned his foot and bent his knee so he could tap the bottom of his foot with his index finger. As if being coy about a person unsure what the bottom of a person's foot was. Placing it down, he shrugged with both hands up, palms facing the sky. "But, the trick here is; you don't want to put too much chakra in, or you'll shatter whatever you're running, walking, skipping, whatever up on. Too little and you'll meet a slippery, uncomfortable fall to the ground~ I mean the former you will too... You get the picture." Sniffing once, he wiped his nose with the top of his index finger and mused a hum to himself for a moment.

"Judging off your report-cards, you're not completely incompetent with the uses of chakra. But we'll start you off with the Ram seal, with this seal concentrate the flow of your chakra network to the tenketsu points on the soles of your feet. Once there, hold and maintain the reserves; once you feel you have enough built up, you can attempt to make your climb, utilizing the chakra as a means of ... Magnetizing yourself to the object in which you gain to climb." He paused after, tapping his chin. "Yeah, that's probably the best way for you to begin visualizing and constructing your methods on."

Turning around again, however without seals. He extended his foot outwards to the tree and begun to walk up. About twenty-five feet from the ground-floor. Once he reached the height, he turned and faced both Siu and the ground; giving a rather uncomfortable expression; nevertheless he crouched down in his vertical position and let his arms dangle down. "To start, you can try and give me a high-five up here. And of course, got any questions. I'll answer."

[WC = 583 | Posts 2/5]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As her new instructor explained a new form of chakra control, the young student listened intently with deep interest. She had never seen anyone in her class practice or do such a technique before. The whole process was something entirely new for her. She hadn't even considered the possibly of utilizing chakra in order to be walk up trees. Was such a feat even possible?
Though, the whole explanation sounded logical and simple enough; focusing chakra into one's hands was one thing, yet to focusing chakra into one's feet, now that was entirely another. Staring at the man with widened and curious eyes, there was one explanation in particular which greatly concerned her; the consequences of focusing too little chakra into the task. With a worrisome gulp, she made sure to keep the matter clear in mind.

The tree was undoubtly quite high, and therefore a wrong fall could very well put an early end to her shinibo career, whether through serious injury or even death. The more experienced shinobi had mentioned about the difficulty of climbing this particular tree, and had even given her freedom to set her own limit. She very much liked that. In the academy, rarely did she get the freedom to set or choose anything.
To her further surprise, while the man had instructed her to use hand seals as an aid to focus her chakra, it appeared that he himself had not even required the same. How proficient was he at jutsu, in order to perform such a feat?
As he finally began to climb up the tree, from his very first steps, the young girl had immediately found herself amazed. "No way!" She exclaimed with almost utter disbelief. So 'this' was what she was learning today? She had not even deemed such a thing possible for her to be able to do. Her interest had now been ignited.
As the man turned around and extended his hands, in order to invite a high five, the young student's eyes lit up with enthusiasm. Perhaps today wouldn't be such a boring day after all.

"Ram seal..." She lowly reminded herself. Spreading her arms out from each of her sides, in preparation, "We studied this in class, you know how to do this.." She ensured herself, in order to build her confidence. Quickly brining her hands together into the designated hand seal, causing a clasping sound, she closed her eyes and began to concentrate.

"Concentrate.. She continued to mentally remind herself, "Concentrate."

After some time, quite noticetiably longer than her instructor had required in order to concentrate his chakra for the task, she eventually could begin to feel her concentrated efforts having some effect, as she felt a flow of chakra underneath the soles of her shoes.
After finally building up a certain amount of energy, the girl finally dared to partake in her her assigned task. Taking a few steps back, the girl dashed forward in order make a quick run up the tree. She'd managed to run up a few steps, reaching about five feet up the tree, when a loud shattering and scattering of wood suddenly sent the young shinibo flying to the ground with a shortly panic'd shout. She lied there a few moments after the crippling defeat, completely taken by surprise. She'd been defeated by a tree..

Groaning for a bit from the short fall, and wiping the dirt off her clothes, no serious injury aside from the damage of her pride, she stared back up at the instructor, her face bright red with embarrasment.
"I...I will try again, sorry!" She appealed, looking back down to the ground shamefully. This was a lot harder than it looked..

[WC=619] [Post 2/5]

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shieo had been watching the whole time. With his arms dangling down towards the ground below rather listlessly; his expression following suit. This of course, was all while she had been patiently standing still; kneading and working on the chakra component to mount to her soles.

At the moment of her triumphant five feet, met with the utter defeat of the girlish squeak. He canted his head and moved one of his dangling arms to his thigh; all while crouched. So he could angle it and rest his head, atop a balled fist. The other arm still dangling waiting for her to meet her mark. "C'moon..." He fluctuated his voice to sound challenging, but still quiet and monotone; perhaps an attempt at encouraging her through jerking her chain. "While I imagine the ground is mighty comfortable; the task at hand is up here."

"I...I will try again, sorry!"

When she looked down with a sense of almost defeat, he mused a quiet huff to himself. "Don't be sorry~ You're brought out here to be challenged, don't feel regret for your defeats. Work on them, they're stepping stones each time you fail. No shame." Clearing his throat he wiggled his toes while he maintained his own flow of chakra. "And don't rush yourself either, I genuinely have all day and equipment to help you~~ Something to try, is instead of rushing headfirst into a run. Try one foot at a time, get a grip and wiggle around. This way you'll figure a painless way of what chakra flows and levels you need at each angle. And if it breaks-- Well you have the obvious answer." With his dangly arm he reached into a pocket and pulled out a sucker, unwrapping it and plopping it in his mouth. "Any more incentive, and I'll get you an ice-cream or something after all this."

[WC = 310 Words | Posts 3/5]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking back up from the ground, the young academy student's facial expression communicated one of almost baffled surprise, due to her instructor's rather cool and relaxed attitude concerning her failure, with words which brought her a strong sense of comfort. He was not quite like those she was used to encountering during her training at the academy. Most of the time, such failures were accompanied by loud scoldings which inspired both fear and degradation of her self esteem. This instructor, however, was very different; cool, relaxed, patient, calm. His facial expression, upon first impressions, communicated one thing, yet his behavior communicated entirely another. Taking a few more moments to digest the instructor's words, her eyes shifted into a look of strong resolve, as she became determined to not fail her given task. Additionally, free icecream sounded rather nice, as well; She was still a kid, after all....

Taking a few more steps back again, she placed her hands back into the ram seal, "No shame." She mumbled lowly to herself, repeating the instructor's words, as she closed her eyes once again, and began to re-focus her chakra. This time, it did not take as long to gather her chakra to the soles of her feet, as the first time. Still, the process was not 'quick' by any means.
When she believed herself to be ready once again, she acted upon the teacher's advice not to run headstrong up the tree this time, and risk recklessly hurting herself once again; instead she opted to slowly walk up the tree. Raising a foot to place upon the tree, it became quickly apparent that she had decreased the flow of her chakra far too much this time, due to fear of repeating her previous mistake, as her foot did affix to the tree at all.
"Hmm..." The girl mused, as if she were attempting to solve a math problem, rather than a chakra problem. Bringing her foot back down, she took a moment to redistribute her chakra one more. The second attempt at placing her foot back upon the tree, however, would be followed by another loud shattering and scattering of wood, which sent the girl jerking back with another momentary, high-pitched squeak of great startlement. Too much chakra again...

Upon recovering, the young student now folded her arms. Her left knee slightly bent as she leaned on her right leg, she scratched her head, communicating that she was now in deep thought. She stared at the damaged tree trunk for quite some time in this position, before slowly walking back up to it, and knocking on the bark a couple times with her fist. "Hmm.." She mused again, as she determined the roughness of the tree.
Taking another few steps back, she repeated the act of concentrating her chakra once again, actually taking longer this in comparison previous times. When her chakra was gathered, she placed her foot back upon tree, which, surprisingly enough finally stuck to it this time. "Hey!" She exclaimed joyfully, looking back up at her instructor, her eyes communicating an almost disbelief of her very own success.

Placing her second foot upon the tree, she stumbled and struggled to maintain her balance, as well as her chakra level. Walking with her back towards the ground was a weird feeling. "Whoooe," She mumbled, as she took a few more clumsy steps up the tree. "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" She continued to exclaim joyfully. Her pace was extremely slow, and clumsy, yet still seemed to somehow remain stable. Step by clumsy step, the young academy student slowly began to pace herself up the tree. "The icecream is mine!" She boasted as she held out her hands in preparation for a high five once she got high enough, or rather, 'if' she got high enough.

[WC 636 I Post 3/5]

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Still crouching vertically, both feet still firmly planted to the tree's bark. His attention was slowly lulling into his thoughts and various things he needed to do later in the day, perhaps night. It was during this little la-la-escapade that he went down, was simultaneous to the time that Siu was going through the phase of having to re-affirm her confidence, bringing herself to a level of acceptance that she had nothing to feel ashamed about.
While his thoughts were drifting, he did keep a small fragment of his mind focused on; first and foremost, staying on the tree~ second was ensuring he was available for Siu given the need.

Around this moment, she had let out a squeek; which to him sounded more akin to a shriek, but one shouldn't judge... Right? Nevertheless, he took a deep breath and re-attuned his divided attention to the reality that stood in-front... Below him.

"If you start slow and ease the chakra output eno-."; "Hey!" While he was in the middle of talking, he didn't seem to mind. Fact of the matter is he wasn't even sure if she heard him to begin with, seeing how she seemed pretty fulfilled in her own mindscape. During the time she had slowly been tight-roping up the tree, Shieo remained stationary~ for now, with his right arm still resting and the same hand holding his head. The sucker danced slowly in his mouth while he occupied himself during the time of her growth, figuring he had established at least a working foundation for the young-mind to flourish.

Once she got closer to about ten-feet to his position. He stood-up, with his left arm still lifelessly dangling a bit comically towards her. "Seems you're picking up on this pretty quick." With his now unoccupied right arm, he lifted it up and tapped his chin giving a visual of feigned thought.

"Should up the ante a bit, yeah. After-all, ice-cream is expensive." He mused the thought a moment while she slowly ascended. At that point, he turned on his heel with a certain fluidity to his motions and took a few more steps up the tree, adding about another ten feet and turned around once more; facing her. "Now... Try running, after-all. You won't be walking in the middle of a fight~ Probably, I surely hope not at least." Now letting both hands dangle towards the ground, he crouched once more. Adjusting his position and had one of his hands in the high-five form. "C'mon batter-batter!"

[WC = 419 | Posts 4/5]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The noticeably smug expression upon the young academy student's face clearly indicated her pride, as she edged closer to her destination, hands enthusiastically held out. Victory seemed at hand, and that icecream seemed near; that was, until the instructor suddenly stood back up from his position upon the tree, which caused the young girl to pause and stare at him with a completely baffled expression. "H-hey, wait!" She protested. But it was too late, he was already on his way further up the tree.

"Now... Try running, after-all. You won't be walking in the middle of a fight~ Probably, I surely hope not at least."

"Ehhhh?!" The girl loudly noised in response, a slack-jawed expression upon her face in utter disbelief, which communicated nothing short of, 'Are you serious?!'.

"Running?! B-but!" Looking behind her, anxiety suddenly began to rise high, as she realized how just far down another fall would be.

"C'mon batter-batter!" Her instructor seemed to tease on. The girl returned a pouting expression in response. She'd been bamboozled..,

Continuing the gaze at her instructor for quite some time, she clearly communicated unconfidence and great hesitancy in the next given task. She'd had a difficult enough time just concentrating on walking up the tree, but now 'running'? With a gulp, she eventually mustered enough courage to continue in the endevour. Dashing forward, she successfully managed to get another ten feet or so upwards, however, eventually she began to stumble.
A fearful expression came upon the young academy student's face, as she lost balance on one foot and went flying backwards, with only one foot left to maintain her attachment to the tree. Her head, in her backwards flying, unfortunately experienced the after-effect of hitting against the bark of the tree.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!!" She noised loudly, holding the back of her head, as she dangled there for a time, similar to a fish stuck and squirming around on hook. Wiggling her loose leg about, in order to re-attach it to the tree, with enough comical effort, she eventually succeeded and was able to stand back up straight.
Staring back at the instructor again, with an abused look on her face, she continued rubbing the back of her head in an attempt to comfort the lingering soreness. "Just a little more..." She mentally motivated herself in order to continue pressing on. Her face became determined again, as she went dashing forward into another attempted run towards the instructor, her hands again held outward for, hopefully, what would be victory this time.

[WC: 427 I Post: 4/5]

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
He seemed to keep his distance where he was, and as she started running; his expression didn't paradigm shift, but it certainly held a level of softness appreciating the effort, even at the face of adversity. Seeming like he was prepared to accept a high-five, she had comically suffered another fault in her step, and left her to arch backwards while maintaining her feet and whacked her head.

During this charade, he had reached out~ Despite being as far apart as he was and sort of muffled a "nOooOo..." However, that was about all he managed to do. Up until she had managed to get on both her feet and continue the charge! Once she got about six to seven feet from his position, he let the chakra slip out from under his feet. Causing his weight to descend and free-fall towards the ground; he somewhat angled himself so he wouldn't crash into Siu, but would come close. As he did this his right hand would be in a stationary enough so she could manage a high-five as he fell.
The moment the two were parallel, he quickly spoke afore zooming towards the ground. "Good job, ice-cream time." ... He seemed just as interested in ice-cream as an everyday kid.

Upon landing, he looked up and waved her to follow. "Come come! You could try to slide down the tree if you're feeling brave... Just, try not to break anything~" Tapping his chin. "After-all, I'm not terribly good at mending wounds." Giving a shrug he turned and started walking towards the exit of the course. Perhaps a motivation for young Siu to attempt the brave; or stupid.

[WC = 276 | Posts 5/5]
[Thead will be left once Siu does]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This instructor was just full of surprises...

In the midst of her dash towards victory, Siu would be met with yet another unexpected surprise, as she suddenly saw the more experience shinobi come flying downward towards her. She was almost sure the man might have possible lost his sanity, as she stared at the sudden occurrence with widened eyes, in what looked appeared to be a sudden decision to knock the girl straight into the ground. However, a minor angling proved otherwise, as the girl was instead met with a passing high five and a congratulations. Well, at least she'd been saved another seven feet or so of work.
Her eyes brightened at the confirmation of ice cream. Indeed, today had turned out to be a much better day than she had been expecting. At least, she felt that way anyways; that was, until the instructor unexpectedly challenged her with yet one 'more' task, bringing that feeling back into consideration.

"Come come! You could try to slide down the tree if you're feeling brave... Just, try not to break anything~"

The man's words were met with another hesitant expression from the girl. Full of surprises, indeed he was. It seemed things would not end as easily as she thought. Furthermore, the man seemed to have no intention of sticking around to watch whether she safely landed or not, as he turned around shortly after, and began his leave from the obstacle course. This made the thought of such an attempted feat even more fearful to her, considering he didn't seem like he'd be there to catch her, should she fall incorrectly.

"Just one more task..." She mentally motivated herself again. It appeared, she required a lot of that, around this teacher. Turning around, she stared at the ground directly ahead of her. The idea seemed more and more crazy by the second, and even she herself was not even sure why she was agreeing to do it.
With a daring release, she quite 'literally' slid down the tree, her shoes scraping against the bark as she attempted to use it as method to suppress the force of her descent, whether intentionally or simply out of reactive fear. Two fearful eyes continued to observe the fast closing view of the ground. At about five feet or so above the ground, she pushed off the tree, jumping off of it, and landed on the ground with all fours. Sloppy, yet somehow effective.
Staying there a few moments, and breathing a few deep breaths, more due to the increased anxiety from the fall than actual fatigue, she looked back up at the walking instructor. Her eyes suddenly brightened, and her expression suddenly changed into one of relieved joy, upon a comforting realization, "I'm done!" So mentally exclaimed to herself, a large smile drawing upon her face.
She'd done it; she'd successfully completed all the given task, despite their difficulty. A feeling of accomplishment came over the youth, one which she'd never felt in all the days of her academy training. She felt successfully challenged for once, and success over that challenge was actually met with a great feeling of self fulfillment and reward, rather than unacknowledged scolding to perform better. Standing up straight and proudly, the young shinobi in training began a run towards the more experienced walking shinobi, "Icccee crreeeeaam!" She shouted aloud joyfully, as she skipped towards him. Indeed, today had been a great day.

The End.

[WC = 578 | Posts 5/5]
[Thread Completed]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back