Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[CLASS] Shinobi Branches 101

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi handed the letters out to the delivery shinobi that was waiting in his office, it seemed that things never stopped and today was no exception to this practice. He allowed himself a few moments of calm before the storm almost attitude to life, as he watched the man put them into the bag he was carrying before heading off with them in those few moments, it was clear that he was on his way to deliver the information out as required by the Hokage Advisor. Checking the time he noted that it was close to the start of his day at the academy, while the day was nothing special he knew that he still had to make sure that the classroom was ready.

Standing from the desk he started the familiar walk toward the Academy, after all, he wondered what the students had been shown and taught or what information they knew, he left his mind to ponder and think about how today would go and with who he would actually meet, after all, it had been a while since he had been the teacher in a lesson when he left the position of Hokage it was others who had been given the task to run Lessons, mainly the main branch Sennin and the retinue that they kept around. As he walked through the gates of the Academy he looked at the old building, it always brought a smile to his face as he remembered the time he had spent inside of it. That all seemed so long ago now....

Sighing at forgotten memories he headed in through the main door allowing it to creak open, it had been well maintained as most buildings but showed its age, the number of children who had entered this building and left as a Shinobi of Leaf was almost impressive but now it was time to make that happen once more, with recent events they needed to grow and even Takeshi was not a fool to think the case would be anything else. As he allowed himself to walk down the corridor he looked to the door to see the room reserved for today's Lesson, sliding it open he stepped inside and headed to the desk of the classroom.

Putting his bag that he carried onto the floor, he rummaged around inside of it grabbing out the chalk and placing it on his desk he closed the bag and slid it back under the teaching desk, before grabbing the chalk and turning his attention back towards the blackboard, as he moved to the middle one he simply wrote the topic of the lesson, after all becoming a Shinobi was all well and good knowing how to use Jutsu, but sometimes people needed to deal with the boarding things, and right now he wanted to see what of the boring stuff the students knew that he would be dealing with today. As the chalk scratched the blackboard, tiny breaks of chalk falling to the wooden floor the words simply formed.

Shinobi Branches 101

Turning back to the desk he pulled the seat free and took a seat as he waited for the students to arrive.

[Topic Entered]
[Word Count: 530/1500]
[Post: 1/5]
[OOT: I will reply as soon as everyone posts, this lesson will go as quick or as slowly as each of you want, please keep a posting order]

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
b4b06ebad83222699a72aa79016a23cc.jpg

It had been some time since the incident at the Byoin and yet Shishiwakamaru still bore the telltale signs of the event. Coupled with perseverance, time and a whole butt load of med-nin therapy, or whatever they call it, Shi had been healing quickly. What normally would have been another morning of trying to forget the nightmares he had dreamt the previous night, was now a pleasant surprise. He had rumors of Lady Asuka stepping down, but never would he had dreamed that the succeeding Hokage would have sent HIM an invitation for a class. Kids would be lucky to have it happen once, but twice? Unheard of. First a class with Lady Asuka, and now Lord Takeshi, how wild!

He was beyond excited to have been cleared to go back to classes, ecstatic now that he would actually be attending them again. And so when Shi finally arrived in the classroom, the new Hokage would first see determination and readiness in the young lad's eyes. "Good morning Lord Hokage!" Shishiwakamaru would bow low to show his respect for the position the older man held. A position held in great esteem by the village as a whole, Takeshi was the literal leader of the entire hidden village. To be instructed by such a person was a great honor, not one Shi would squander.

Glancing to the board after rising back up he would smirk. This was exactly the class he needed. It wouldn't be long before Shishiwakamaru Nara would be finding himself at graduation's doorstep and needing to make a decision about his shinobi career. While his initial choice was the medical corp. he couldn't rule out the other options entirely, especially if Lord Takeshi had something profound to convey about one of the other branches. Or perhaps the class would solidify his first choice. "Aww heck yes! I look forward to your lesson sir."

[OOC - Topic entered - Word Count: 314/1,500 - Post 1/5 - MFT]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
__luna_shadowverse_drawn_by_homo_1121__sample-f10df727ae009eb846fa30b2beff61e3.jpg
Two years ago, her mother passed away. Hoichi had to rely on the kindness of her uncle who was a priest. One night Hoichi was approached by what sounded like a man. The man requested that Hoichi would perform before a group of noblemen. She agreed and later agreed to sing for more nights. During one of these nights her uncle's servants followed her. The servants were confused to discover that she was wandering into the cemetery and was singing seemingly alone amidst the headstones.

Fearing that the spirits had targeted Hoichi for malicious intent, her uncle confronts her. He had devised a plan to protect her by using sutras to make Hoichi invisible to the spirits. Hoichi refused to go along with the plan despite her uncle’s pleas. That night Hoichi sang for the dead and they were grateful for her performance. So much so that they provide him a gift more precious than gold. They gave her the ability to see not with her eyes but with her ears.

Today Hoichi was in the Memorial Stone gardens singing to the ghosts of the dead. However, this time she had a family that supported her in this. The delivery came as she finished her song. The man said that he had a message from the hokage, which brought a large grin to Houchi’s face. Her expression quickly sours as a piece of paper was placed into her hands.

Even with the gift the spirits had bestowed upon her, she is incapable of reading the written word. Feeling the paper in her hands she would thank the gods. It seems that the kage knew of her disability and had the letter written in braille for her. From the letter it seems she is formally invited to a lesson taught by the Hokage himself. The class is to be held in one of the rooms within the academy.

Despite being blind dressed quite elegantly. She wears a dark violet full body dress with a white petticoat underneath. The dress had large gems along the skirt giving it a regal look. Her hair is tied into twin tail with buns and these buns had little bonnets that went with her dress. One could hear her approaching the room as the heel of her boots tap against the floor. Her steps were like a metronome, always on beat. Upon entering the classroom, she would politely bow to Takeshi sitting at the teacher's desk. “It is an honor, Hokage-sama.” She held a stuff animal in her arm tightly as she scanned the room. She could sense that there was one other student sitting at a desk. She would take a seat next to the boy and place the mouse on the desk. Turning to Shi she would introduce herself to him, “Salutations, I am Ryu Hochi. And this little one is Nezumi."

[Topic Entered]
[Word Count: 475/1500]
[Post: 1/5]

Hiromu Oiwa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiromu was running as fast as he could. Behind him, a slobbering white furred dog that stood taller than him from the ground bounded after him. Panicked look was on Hiromu’s pale face as he jumped over some fallen trees. There was a bit of grace as Hiromu tried to run away from the dog. Unfortunately, that all ended when Hiromu tripped on something that he could not see. A scream would become trapped inside of his head as the dog lept high into the air before crashing down to do awful things to the shinobi-to-be.

Right when the large white furred, blue-eyed dog was about to make contact with Hiromu, the boy jarred back to reality. Snapping up from laying on his forearms, the eleven year old would look around. It seems as if people were starting to file in for the class. Still dressed in a rather loose fitting, summery, light blue casual short sleeve button down shirt, Hiromu would tug down the back of the shirt to cover the top of his cream color equally baggy joggers. “Dumb Dog….” Hiromu would mutter under his breath in malice as he recounted the nightmare he had. All the while, the eleven year old would scratch at a black nylon wrap that covered his left forearm all the way up to his elbow. Hiromu would quickly stop scratching at himself and straighten up when he realized that the Hokage was now making his way down to the front of the classroom.

“Good Morning Hokage-Sama.” Hiromu said as he covered his mouth to stifle a yawn as he began to wake up further. While the Hiromu accent was one would hear in the village, there was enough of an island tone that still existed in the foreigner that it seemed like it may be out of place in a ninja academy.

Quietly Hiromu would sit back in his chair in the back of the classroom, waiting for the class to start. Like the other boy that was close to graduation, Hiromu was excited to be taught by the Hokage. This was echo’d by the new girl that made her way to the front of the classroom. She seemed to be holding a stuffed animal in her arms. She would move to sit next to Shi, prompting Hiromu to shift a bit.

The boy was smart enough to know that he probably should move up to the front of the class. Getting up, the five foot tall boy would walk down the aisle to the front of the classroom. Whatever the lesson was, was about to begin and so Hiromu felt it was best to make it to the front of the room.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” He asked Hoichi politely before taking a seat next to her and putting his notebook back down on the desk to wait for the lesson to begin.

Topic Entered.
MFT
Word Count: 486/1500

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi watched as each one entered the classroom and took a seat, he studied the class for a few moments a welcoming smile never leaving his lips as he looked at each of them, leaning to the draw in the desk he grabbed 3 notebooks, hardback and wrapped in what appeared to be leaves that had been preserved with their names etched into them, and walked over to each student handing a notebook and a pen, though for the last student he allowed himself to hand her one with dots and lines forming her name in brail on the front before returning to the front of the classroom.

"Welcome you three, use the notebooks, don't it's down to you what you do with them, but at least this way during your years, anything you need to write down, you have this as a gift from me to the future generations."

Turning to point his hand towards the whiteboard drawing attention to the words, he understood one wouldn't be able to see but he was prepared for this and would clear it up quickly for them, deciding instead to see what they knew before going into details about each branch, almost like a quiz, after all, no point in starting off and them having the wrong impression of what each branch does.

"So Branches, a simple topic most would think, but with three branches and three of you, it's kind of going to be a quiz in a way. I want to start in the order you came in. Shishiwakamaru, with changes everyone is notified of Sennin changes, who is the new main branch Sennin? And for all three of you to answer in turn, tell me in as much or little detail what is the purpose of the branch, any other information you know, and what you feel is the strength and weakness. Finally what the branch means to you personally."

With that, he waited in front of the board to see what they would say.

[Word Count: 866/1500]
[Post: 2/5]
[OOT: I will reply as soon as everyone posts, this lesson will go as quickly or as slowly as each of you wants, please keep a posting order]

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Salutations, I am Ryu Hochi. And this little one is Nezumi." Looking up from his desk he noticed an endearing young lady with what appeared to be a stuffed animal in tow. Initially his mind wandered to something akin to 'oh boy this girl has a stuffy she brings with her' but his sharp mind immediately course corrected to something more agreeable. Perhaps it was part of her shinobi skillset, maybe it turned into a giant puppet or something? Either way he welcomed her. "Oh hello, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. My name is Nara Shishiwakamaru. It's a mouth full, I know. You can just call me Shi for short if you want." Shi then gestured to the seat next to him, offering for her to take a seat next to him.

Not but a few moments later another student made their appearance, clad in an azure shirt and some baggy pants. Casual, he liked it. Do you mind if I sit here? Shishiwakamaru shook his head. "No, not at all. Please sit, it's nice to meet you, my name is Nara Shishiwakamaru, but you can just call me Shi if it suits you." It was at this time he realized he was talking to the girl next to him, Hoichi and a crimson shade streaked across his face in embarrassment. Thankfully the Hokage pulled the attention of the class away from that little scene.

"Welcome you three, use the notebooks, don't it's down to you what you do with them, but at least this way during your years, anything you need to write down, you have this as a gift from me to the future generations." Shi's eyes glistened over at the sight of the special notebooks Lord Takeshi presented them. Running his fingers slowly over the cover he let his fingers caress each and every crevice, slowly hovering over his own engraved name. It was rare for Shi to recieve gifts being an orphan of sorts. Even though he was living with Sakurako clan, he still felt like an outsider. His only solace was the fantastic book that was bestowed upon him a while back. A complete guide to puppetry. It was a difficult subject, but he was getting the hang of it. There was still vast amounts of knowledge deep inside the book he was not ready to learn, in time he hoped to master them all.

"So Branches, a simple topic most would think, but with three branches and three of you, it's kind of going to be a quiz in a way. I want to start in the order you came in. Shishiwakamaru, with changes everyone is notified of Sennin changes, who is the new main branch Sennin? And for all three of you to answer in turn, tell me in as much or little detail what is the purpose of the branch, any other information you know, and what you feel is the strength and weakness. Finally what the branch means to you personally."

Shikadai-Nara.png
Shi thought for a moment, placing his hand over his chin in a contemplating manner. You would think Shi would know this, but sadly he did not. He felt bad for not having an answer for the Hokage, another embarrassing moment to be sure. A disgruntled look appeared on his face, he felt bad he didn't have a lot to share about the main branch. "I'm sorry sir... I do not know who the new Sennin is. But I can certainly explain a little about the main branch." Thankfully Shi was somewhat prepared and pulled out a shoddy looking notebook that had seen some use. Flipping through a few pages he came to one that contained a little info on what was requested. "The main branch Sennin is usually appointed by the Hokage, and they have to be really skilled. Not just in fighting, but communication, politics, etc. From what I can tell it's gotta be pretty tough to be granted such an esteemed position." Shi read a little bit more from his notes, grazing over with his fingertip to make sure he said the right thing. "As for their duties I couldn't tell you very much, I hope we learn more in depth about the different ranks you can attain for each branch. Also I think the main branch take care of the majority of missions and also ara a part of the police, I think. Truthfully that's all I really know. I'm sorry." He hadn't bothered to write out a whole lot on this subject considering he was aiming to become a medical ninja. He might have had more to share on that subject, but that was ok. This was just class and was a learning experience and opportunity for everyone here. He wondered how much his class/seat-mates would know about the other branches and looked forward to any corrections or additional information Lord Takeshi had to offer them today.

[OOC - MFT - 820 WC]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
The boy would introduce himself as Nara Shishiwakamaru. Hoichi had heard about the Nara bloodline from her sister. Her older sister got into a fight with a Nara at the hospital. She was protecting a boy, which Hoichi cannot recall the name of at the moment. However, she does remember that the conversation went off into a tangent. According to her older sister the Nara bloodline were able to manipulate and control shadows, but Hoichi did not know what this word meant. She has heard people talk about shadows, but she has never encountered one herself. Her older sister tried her best to explain, but Hoichi still did not understand. However, if Nara were able to control shadows, surely, they could tell her what they are. “May I ask you a question after class?”

Soon another boy would approach her with a question, “Yes of course. I don’t mind”

Finally, the class starts, and the teacher asks them what the main branch is. Shi went first and apologetically gave his answer. Hoichi felt a little ashamed of herself as she did not know much about the topic either. She is not originally from this village and is quite new to the shinobi world. Hoichi was only guided to the academy because her adoptive parents saw potential in her. “I’m afraid to say that I don’t know anything.” She lowers her head in shame. You mentioned policing. Do you mean the people with the muffled voices?” The people she would be referring to would be the Anbu, who wore masks.

[Word count: 257]
[Total Word Count: 732/1500]
[Post: 2/5]

Hiromu Oiwa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiromu would take a moment to sit down once Shi had said it was fine to sit next to him. The boy would run a hand from his bronze hair before sitting down and placing all his notebook down in front of himself. “It is nice to meet you Shi. I am Oiwa Hiromu.” The boy said with a smile as he settled in for the Hokage to speak.

The Hokage would begin to speak about the branches, a topic that Hiromu did not know exactly too much about. Coming from what was now a civilian family, the boy did not have day to day interactions with anything. All he had was stories of the past, and the few times he would bump into the village’s special branches.

Shi would be the first one to start the lesson by trying to talk about the main branch. It seemed like Hiromu, Shi did not know much about the branch. He didn’t even know the name of the person that was in control of it. What came next though, was a lot of written information about the branch. Stuff about how the sennin’s were chosen and why they were chosen.

To Hiromu, out of all the branches the main one was the simplest and most straightforward. It was the general branch that every shinobi at some point fell into. He had dealt with them once when there had been a string of robberies on his family’s shops block, and they had come to talk to his mother. However that was really as far as they saw them. The rest of it was that he could identify them through their village emblem that they always wore it seemed.

Next, the girl would speak about not knowing much, and just like that it was over. She seemed to not even have the will to try to make up an answer about a branch. This made it all the more important for the effeminate looking Hiromu to answer the question. Licking his thin lips the boy prepared to speak.

“I don’t really know who leads any of the branches either, but I guess I can take my shot at the medical branch. That is like the doctors and stuff. They like to do all the medicine and stuff for the village. That includes going on missions to make sure that all the other shinobi are safe and healthy for them.”

“The result of all that medical knowledge is that they probably aren’t that good of a fighter though, so the teams they are with usually need to protect them.”
The boy would state after the short pause as he tried to make up things that the medical branch would be weak in. After all, the child did not have much experience with any shinobi level doctors outside of maybe when he got sick with the flu when he was a baby. After another short pause, Hiromu continued.

“The reason the branch is important to me is because of a story my family tells about the great freeze. During the great freeze there was this great Kirigukiraun Sennin who saved all the hospital patients from freezing to death. He did it at the sacrifice of himself, and he was a great hero for it.” HIromu would finish and awkwardly wait for a response. The Hokage had said to go in order and he was the last one to come down to the front of the classroom, so he was the last one to go.

MFT
Word Count: 1074/1500

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to listen to each student's words, it seemed that most of them, well all of them actually didn't have any information about the Sennin or who they were, and even less information about the branches, that was ok, this was a classroom after all and the whole point of a classroom was to make sure that people had the opportunity to learn free from ridicule and discrimination, even he was willing to admit that in the real world life was much harsher, if not cruel towards those that slipped up, this was why the Academy was such an important place for students to come and learn from.

" So let's start with the beginning and break it down, the Main Branch is currently been overseen by Haku Yuki who has taken the place of the Sennin. The ranking system is simple enough all of you here are considered currently to be part of the Main Branch coming under Yuki with the rank of Academy Students, with promotion you will rise to Genin, Chuunin, Jounin, and a very select few will become Head Jounin and even one day potentially become Sennin. That is the pretty basic ranking system of the main branch. However to get to that point takes dedication, drive, commitment, and a wall of fire that is unbreakable and unshakable."

He paused letting the harsh facts sink into each of them, what he didn't tell them was some of them would even die in the line of duty, becoming a name on a stone it was something that they had to be prepared for but inside of the Academy they would be able to dream of the future and make of it what they will. As he grabbed the chalk he decided to scribe the next part on the board to allow people to follow the information that he was handed to them. As he spoke he also wrote it down for them.

"The Main Branch is split up into three sub-branches within, the first of these is simple enough the Journeyman, the job is simple to teach at the academy, and being experts in missions, and often become leaders in the field for teams that are going into more advanced operational situations. The second is Konoha security, basically, think of them as the police they protect the gates, complete investigations, and make sure the law is followed inside the walls that protect us. Finally is the Hokage Guard, these are an elite few that will become part of this branch, each one is a Jounin and hand-picked by the Sennin to fill the position, these are the fighting elite, and the ones that keep my back safe. This was a brief overview to give you some idea of the main branch."

He paused allowing the information to settle in for the group of students before moving on to the next part with ease.

"While Hiromu Oiwa got ahead of himself, that leads us to the Medical Branch, so Oiwa, do you know who the Medical Sennin is? And of course, tell me your new view on the Main Branch, but also what you know of the Medical branch each of you."

[Word Count: 1,401/1500]
[Post: 3/5]
[OOT: I will reply as soon as everyone posts, this lesson will go as quickly or as slowly as each of you wants, please keep a posting order]

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Lord Hokage began to give them a lecture on the branches, where then Shishiwakamaru was quick to open up his new notebook and began jotting notes down.

'Ok, so the main branch is ran by someone named Haku Yuki. Interesting. I wonder if it's the same Haku that I've read about in the library...' Shi thought to himself as he finished writing down another entry. Shi was surprised to find that this Yuki was technically their commanding... Officer? No that didn't sound right. Perhaps just sennin would do. 'Dedication, drive, commitment, and a wall of fire that is unbreakable and unshakable, got it.' Shi further jotted down into his notebook, this was good stuff. Takeshi would then pick up some chalk are write out some information that Shi would immediately scribe over to his notebook. 'Journeyman, Security and Hokage Guard. These all sound interesting, but I'm still looking to go towards the medical field, hopefully anyway.' Shi was not sure of his capabilities as a fighter, so the Hokage Guard was probably something he would never aspire to. That and his main focus of interest was becoming a med-nin. Then Lord Takeshi would follow up with a question he sorely wished he had called upon him instead of Oiwa. He knew the answer. Slowly raising his hand he would wait to be called upon to give the correct answer, if this Oiwa could not.

"The Medical Branch sennin is Sazuki Nao of the Sakurako clan, sir."

While Shi was immensely interested in the Medical Branch he wasn't sure of the branches. But he would give it his best shot. "The Main branch sounds like a crucial component to the safe and orderly operation of the village. But I feel like the Medical Branch holds a more critical role in this village's wellbeing. They are the healers, if you will, of Leaf. They are the doctors and nurses that take care of everyone after coming back from a mission. On more important ones you might even have a combat oriented med-nin accompany them on sed mission, ensuring their safety and livelihood. Keeping them alive that is. I am sorry, however, I don't know the specific branches. I am very interested in this route, but I know I still have lots to learn before I can join them. That is all." Shi would smile as he waited in anticipation for Takeshi to give them the rundown on the medical branch, his pencil ready to strike paper.

[OOC - WC: 1,552/1,500 - Post 3/5]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hoichi was also taking notes of the Kage’s words, but it was not a pen or pencil in her hand. She was blind, so ink on a page did very little for her. She would have to somehow write in the same language as her name on the front of the notebook. She needed to make indents that she could feel. Within her hands was a needle and thread. With a practiced hand she quickly embroidered small dots onto the page.

Hoichi was not surprised to hear that they were currently considered part of the main branch. It was called the main branch for a reason after all. The wall of fire part sounded poetic and metaphoric. An obstacle that or must overcome with bravery and willpower. Takeshi called it unbreakable and unshakable, which she believes he is trying to say that it is an obstacle that one cannot simply brood force. The reason she is enrolled in this academy is because her new family saw great potential in her. Sometimes she wonders if she really has what it takes. Will she be able to get past this wall of fire? She does not know.

The journeymen sounded simple enough that she figured she could fit in with them. She remembers dealing with the security sub-branch back when she first came to this village. They were kind and treated her well. Again, it sounded like a possible fit. The third sub-branch was out of her league. Hoichi has her doubts that she would ever be considered elite, but that did not stop her from considering the position.

The teacher would then move onto the next branch, which was very straightforward with what they did. Hoichi hopes the third branch also has what they do in the name. Hoichi’s sister Hime recently fought alongside the medical Senin. She remembers her sister saying his name was Nao. Now that she is thinking about it, she recalls the name of the student they were protecting. It was Shishiwakamaru.

When it came to answering what is the medical branch, she just gave a basic answer. “I would assume from the name they are concerned about one's health. They are the ones that work at the Byion.”

[Word count: 368]
[Total Word Count: 1100/1500]
[Post: 3/5]

Hiromu Oiwa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiromu had a rather wide grin on his face thinking that he had done the assignment properly by talking about something completely different. Instead, it seemed that Takeshi wanted to focus on the main branch first.

While the main branch seemed rather normal. The boy did get the opportunity to learn a lot about their day to day. Most importantly, the Hokage was able to give the group of students the sennin’s name, which none of them seemed to know. Leading over his notebook, Hiromu would start to scribble the name of Haku Yuki, the head of the branch. For some reason, the boy remembered that name but could not remember where.

“Isn’t there an office with that name on it in this school?” Hiromu eventually asked with a polite raising of his hand to wait for the response of the teacher, continuing to write down notes in rather elegant flowery kanji.

What would catch the boy by surprise is how big the main branch was. The three subdivisions within the branch: Teachers, Security, and guards. Two of the branches made sense to the boy, but Hiromu had to silently wonder why the Hokage guard was there. Weren’t they the ones that were supposed to be the best, wouldn’t that fall under the guise of being an ANBU. Hiromu would think about this all the way up to

Hiromu would blush a bit as he shook his head. “No sir, I do not know the medical branch sennin… and I think it is interesting with all that the new stuff you told us about the main branch is the three subdivisions. It is also surprising that one of them is your guards.”

Feeling Shi raise his hand next to him, the boy would feel a bit of annoyance. He didn’t even get to fail the question, before Shi was trying to butt in and steal the spotlight from him. This resulted in a scowl slowly growing over the face of the effeminate shinobi to be. Once the spotlight was handed over to the Nara, Shi seemed to continue to speak on all the information he just gained, which Hiromu did not bother to write down.

At least when Hoichi spoke, he learned where the medical branch was housed. Some place called the Byion, which was something that Hiromu wrote down.

MTF: 388
Total Word count: 1435/1500

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to lean back in the chair as he listened to each of the students speaking, it seemed that they all had rough ideas about the medical branch, this was a good start with this branch, but still, they had so much more to learn about it, as he listened to each one nodding to them, he decided to wait and see the reply before giving the answer, he wanted to understand the student's passions and get a feeling for each of them after all. Giving them the answer straight away stopped them from thinking for themselves in some aspects.

"Currently at this time the Sennin of the medical branch is Sazuki Nao, the branch is decided this time into two primary divisions, this one is a bit more straightforward, as has already been pointed out they have the Medical Combat Division. The purpose of this group is to learn both offensive and defensive techniques and allow them to fight against enemies while also supporting those that they are teamed up with and the primary goal is to bring them back alive."

Pausing for a moment this allowed any student the time to write down the reply that he gave as well as the first division of the branch.

"Of course, the second division is research, they explore and try and learn new answers to medical Jutsu, to allow them to see the skills that are in use in other villages, and bring it back to Leaf in order to allow the village to grow and study these new methods, while not normally serving on the front line, this helps us to bring new ideas forward and progress so that we are not stuck in the dark ages in terms of medicine."

With those answers given he allowed the students time to do what they wanted, giving them a rough idea of the branches and what they had to offer, this time he would once more go in with the same question, this gave insight into the opinion of that specific branch from each of them.

"So once again, I want each of you to give me your view, and how it has changed of the medical branch. Also bring us to the last person Hoichi, who is the current ANBU Sennin, and what is the duty of the ANBU?"

Now he would wait to see the answer to this question.

[Word Count: 1,804/1500]
[Post: 4/5]

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"Currently at this time the Sennin of the medical branch is Sazuki Nao, the branch is decided this time into two primary divisions, this one is a bit more straightforward, as has already been pointed out they have the Medical Combat Division. The purpose of this group is to learn both offensive and defensive techniques and allow them to fight against enemies while also supporting those that they are teamed up with and the primary goal is to bring them back alive."

Mildy perturbed that he had not been called on, despite knowing the answer, young Shishiwakamaru would write some more notes down in his notebook. He already knew this information, but it would probably be beneficial to jot it down all the same.

"Of course, the second division is research, they explore and try and learn new answers to medical Jutsu, to allow them to see the skills that are in use in other villages, and bring it back to Leaf in order to allow the village to grow and study these new methods, while not normally serving on the front line, this helps us to bring new ideas forward and progress so that we are not stuck in the dark ages in terms of medicine."

This is where Shi would have trouble in the future, trying to decide on which sub-division to join. He knew he wanted to join the medical team, but which was the tough choice. On the one hand he wanted to support his comrades in the field and help bring them home safely. On the other hand research and development would help him understand some of the more complicated terms in his puppetry book he was studying. Maybe he would be able to work out a deal with Sennin Nao and be able to perform both duties in some fashion.

"So once again, I want each of you to give me your view, and how it has changed of the medical branch. Also bring us to the last person Hoichi, who is the current ANBU Sennin, and what is the duty of the ANBU?"

Shi thought for a moment before raising his hand to speak.

"This brief explanation of the medical branch has solidified my desire to enter that field of expertise. I've always wanted to join since I was adopted into the Sakurako clan. Sennin Nao is a truly remarkable individual whom I would be honored to follow in their footsteps and learn from them.

That's all he really had to say about the matter, for the time being. Nobody needed to know about why he needed the medical expertise. That was between him, his book and the author, Kiko. Shi would wait patiently to see what Hoichi knew about the Anbu. He himself knew very little other than they were a secret sect of military that... well that's about all he knew. They were just that secretive. Maybe they were assassins? Either way he would find out shortly with another swift explanation from the Hokage.

[MFT - WC: 496]
[OOC - WC: 2,048/1,500 - Post 4/5]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Alas it was not meant to be. It seems the final branch did not have a name that easily identified what they did. Hoichi has come across Anbu a few times already, though at the time she did not know they were Anbu. “I am afraid I do not know who the Senin is or exactly what they do.” Though that is not to say she knew nothing. “They seem to wear something over their face and wear robes.” Naturally being blind she could not perceive the color. “I heard one speak on a radio channel. He spoke in a language that was neither Common nor Fuego. It might be Fiero, but I do not know enough about the language to be sure.” Being a fire country native, she knows Fuego. She has heard a few people speaking in Fiero, mainly her father and uncle, but has never learned it herself. “Even when they do speak in Common, they don’t refer to each other by real names but words like… Nightshade, Shadow or Knight.” If it was not clear before, it is now. Hoichi tends to eavesdrop on conversations. However when one’s world is shaped by sound, it's not unexpected. “Whatever it is they do, secrecy is a large part of it.”

[Word count: 212]
[Total Word Count: 1312/1500]
[Post: 4/5]

Hiromu Oiwa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiromu closely watched Takeshi as he hoped to see some form or fashion of a clue to what the teacher was really thinking. However, the Hokage did a good job in hiding his opinion about what was being said. Hiromu did his best not to show it, but as Takeshi did not seem to give them any answers, the boy’s smooth face began to turn into a bit of a scowl.

Hiromu would remain relatively silent as he heard about the two divisions. One seemed to be about fighting and combat, and the other was much more of an office job. It was something about research and the development of new jutsus to better the village. To Hiromu, both were relatively boring. He was never really that much of someone who was good at medical ninjustu anyway, and the research sounded boring. To the bronze-haired boy, that did not really seem to be something that someone needed to be a Shinobi in order too. Still, Hiromu would begin to write down what he was told, taking notes.

When the final question came out, Hiromu would take a moment to answer the Hokage. “With what you said, I am not really that interested in the medical branch. I don’t think I really have the interest in doing research, or the skills to do it.Hiromu would say contradicting how interested Shi was in the medical branch. “I will say though, I guess it is pretty nice to have a combat medic coming along for future missions.” Hiromu said a he swung the pencil around in his finger tips.

HIs attention would then turn to the girl. Like the rest of them, she did not know the name of the ANBU leader, so that would make it 0/3. She spoke about some other language outside of the native one that they all spoke. Even Hiromu, with his accent knew the basic dialect of the village and then seemed to explain much about their names. Still it seemed that she knew more about the group than anyone else in the class.

MTF: 349
Word Count: 1784/1500

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi looked at each of the students, the final part of the class and always the one that hid away, and kept themselves at a distance. The ANBU branch, his old branch the one that he had risen through the ranks of to stand in front of students and teach, how much time had changed him even he knew and understood that. As he listened to the replies from each of them, making notes of what intrigued each one or what became boring to the student, it gave indications of the future that they would be having, or at least in his head, it did. As he remained silent until the speaking had finished.

"The ANBU Sennin, is one that we will keep in the Dark, the work the ANBU Branch does normally requires......removal of one's identity to say the least. The ranks and people behind the masks are obvious however if this is the branch you want to join, the secrets, and the locked doors will be something you have to overcome to join the branch."

As he walked back up to the board and began to write down everything that he spoke to the students, after all this way they had a point of reference to write down themselves to take note at least on what they wanted the future to hold for each of them.

"With anything the ANBU branch currently holds different branches that focus on different missions, the first one which may be slightly odd is the Diplomats. The job of this squad is to maintain good relations with foreign powers, talking, training, and building up relations behind the curtain to maintain a good well rounded relationship with others"

"The second would be the Inquisitors, these are the ones who focus on finding information with any action necessary to speak politely of it, the tools that they use are not exactly shall we say public knowledge but the information they extract is used to make sure that the village is protected and kept up to date with everything that is going on around it.

"Finally we have the one that everyone knows Assasitnation squad, pretty straightforward members of this squad are proven in combat and tasked with removing threats that have been picked up by the Inquisitors, these three squads work together in the background to protect the village and keep it safe overall. So with that being said what are your thoughts on the ANBU Branch?"

With that Takeshi would wait till the last dent has finished speaking before addressing the class as a whole as he checked the time on his watch.

"Seems our time is up today, I hope you have learned a lot from this lesson, and I look forward to seeing what the future brings for each of you. If you do have any questions or require me, the Hokage door is always open to anyone, so feel free to pop by. With that, this class is dismissed"

[Word Count: 2,302/1500]
[Post: 5/5]
[OOC: I have requested class rewards approved, please check leaf requests for the link to place in Training]

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
That made sense to him, keeping the identity of the 3rd Sennin, the Anbu required anonymity to perform their duties. The leader of the organization would be no exception. As their teacher spoke Shishiwakamaru would be quick to jot down further entries into his precious, new notebook. Like the previous topics of discussion, the Anbu would follow suit with the trend of being broken down into three sub-branches. Shi's ears would perk up in response to the explanation of the last sub-category, the Assassination squad. Surely those in this branch had to be powerful, the training they would have recieved would be most valuable. Shi thought back to the incident at the gate and the loss of his father.

Gripping his pencil until it snapped in his grasp he would wince with grief, sorry and pain. It would be quickly be replaced with a tinge of animosity as his child mind struggled to comprehend the situation as a whole. Surely Anbu would have been involved. So why did the culprit not get apprehended, why has no news of retaliation or response as to what they, the government, are doing about it. Were they even looking for this person? Or did they simply forget and try to forget the incident? Were they feeling shameful for such a devastating loss of life from a single attack? Shi needed to know, he had to take this chance while he had it. He was resolved to stay behind after class and ask the former, yet new, Hokage. Surely the head of the entire body of this village would know what was going on, right?

After class was dismissed Shi would feign putting away his stuff, going slower than normal to ensure he was the last student in the room. Only then would approach the Hokage with his question...

[MFT - WC: 303]
[OOC - WC: 2,351/1,500 - Post 5/5 -- Leaving Topic unless stopped -- Topic for Takeshi: Here]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
The kage spoke about the last of the three branches and it gave Hoichi quite a bit to think about. After graduating from the academy, she is going to have to join one of these three branches. The Anbu branch sounded a bit more intense than she liked. To sacrifice one’s identity for the cause was more than she is willing to pay. Staying within the main branch would likely be the safest pick. However, the medical branch did not sound too bad, but she would like to take a medical class or two before she decides.

Hoichi finishes up taking notes in her own unique way. She had asked Shi if it was alright for her to ask him a question after the class was over. Shi never did give her an answer, but she figured at the time that it would be alright. However now that the class was over, she gets the feeling that Shi had more important things to deal with than her strange question on shadows. Perhaps she could ask him another time.

Hoichi puts away her needle and thread and gathers up her things. Naturally she would thank the teacher for leading them their knowledge which she normally does at the end of each class. Some people find it weird how prim and proper she is at times, but that is just the way she always was. Her uncle often made jokes of her being older than she looks.

After leaving the classroom she would head home and study.

[Word count: 252]
[Total Word Count: 1564/1500]
[Post: 5/5]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back