Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Event CLOSED: Kyōsaku House: Left Path - First Floor "The Game Room"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Location Description: This would go to a large room that would have several dart boards designed to use kunai, pool tables, large leather chairs around coffee tables, and two bars. Books would line the walls, provided by the Oracles, and there would be a patio area that would be designated for smoking and/or enjoying the fresh air.

OOC: After entering through the Dinner Party thread, please feel free to post here at your leisure until we reach our "midnight" deadline.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The young blonde man would make his way to the game room with a calm and collected grin as he took in the sites. "Kohana, you got to check out these games!" As he spoke he would grab onto the back of his neck onto the Seal of the Yurei Orchid. The six petal symbol of the Chikamatsu Clan would be a permanent mark on his neck, the top most petal was a soft blue hue and the next one to it's right would be grey. Pulling his hand away a bright light would emerge as the Overseer would pull the mind of his twin out from himself and into a body of her own. As the blonde Chikamatsu woman would emerge the grey petal on Shin's neck woud fade back to his flesh tone while a matching seal on the back of Kohana's neck could be seen. Where the blue mark was on Shin flesh was exposed on Kohana, but first petal to the right, where Shin's seal was once grey, was that familiar gray hue. This was the Seal of the Yurei Orchid that Kohana had receieved from her brother to mark her as a member of the Inner Court of the Chikamatsu Clan.
"Damn it's nice to have my body again." She looked at her brother. "Don't forget you still owe me a permanent one after the last one melted away on me." The body she was possessing was actually that of the Medical Assistant clone jutsu, but for now it would have to work. "We just got home, I am sure I will be able to make you a body here soon after we can get back into the labs and work on it. Afterall, we have collected plenty of matter to use." Shin smiled at his sister, though her face didn't seem amused.
"Go play with darts or something, I am gonna grab a few books to read. it's been a while since we were in the Oracle Library and I know how much you hate it when I read." He chuckled to himself some as he grabbed one of the books and pulled up a seat to one of the coffee tables. He raised his hand at the attending member of the Toraono Clan. "You wouldn't happen to have some white roast cold brew coffee do you? Would you be a dear and fetch me a cup? No sugar for the white roast but perhaps a splash of amazake? I would greatly appreciate it." He would continue to smile until the attendant left the room to go find the man's coffee order.
"How long do you think it will be until blood is drawn?" Shin's face flattened into a serious tone. "I am sure it will be soon. We need to keep an eye out for it. Last thing I want is to have to explain to the Kazekage how a participant died while his Medical Chief was int he same house."
1689647772702.png

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I don't care... anything!"

"Sir, you have to pick something."

Letting out a sigh and grunt combination, the clearly panicking Roku would begin to tap in succession his fingers upon the countertop of the bar. He found himself conflicted on a multitude of levels.

Roku's Levels of Confliction:
1. Imposter - There was a very strong part of him, that had nothing to do with his Hunger, that felt like he did not belong or deserve to be in this location with these other esteemed shinobi. Who was he to even pretend like he belonged here? Sure the Kazekage opened the door for all to apply, but that must have just been a polite way of saying 'sure, you can apply... but maybe you shouldn't when you look around'. Did he leave it vague to be nice and someone as dense as Roku just missed the mark until it was too late!?

2. Drinks - He was equal parts thirsty and also believed that in awkward situations like this, reasonable humans turned to the unreasonable notion of alcohol. He hadn't ever had a drink before, he just had seen other adults, and in some of the books he read at the Takahashi estate, used alcohol at parties and in times of stress. This was both. So now he found himself struggling to ask for a drink that made him not sound like a child, not sound he didn't belong at this fancy party, while also bringing him relief, and potentially helping him calm down. But he had never asked for an alcoholic drink... would he be in trouble? Was he even old enough? What were the rules on alcohol and did private parties adhere to those rules. He really should have talked to Sousuke before coming here.

3. The Hunger - deep within his mind lived a voice. This voice was constantly pushing against him and his actions, but since coming here the voice had been silent. It was odd, and frankly more concerning to Roku than if the voice had just been prattling away like usual. It could have meant several things, but Roku decided that most annoying was the most likely; the Hunger was plotting something.

"Water... for now... but I'll get another drink.... SOON.... but right now... water."

Nailed it.

MFT 369

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
1SEOnVf.png

Within the Game Room, some guests would begin to join the fray, as some Sennin Game participants were already present.

"Oh, seems some have already found their way in here. Delightful."

"I need 12 drinks... I can't believe that rotten Kaeru bailed on me... goddamn slacker!"

This group would be a mixture of personalities.

OOC:
Within this room are the following Event NPCs:
Hekima (Commerce) - would be walking towards the patio area, but would be smirking at any who gave him attention back
Fukurokuju (Oracles) - The masked guest would prop his back against the wall, fold his arms over his chest, and merely watch the area
Katsumi (Rangers) - He would be at the kunai dart board, waiting for a challenge but also would merely start playing by himself
Satoshi (Journeymen) - Would be complaining and heading to the bar to get completely stone-cold drunk; smells as if he had already started drinking prior

You may either approach the NPC, enter the room and wait to see if one approaches you, or simply do your own thing and see where that goes!

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Shin finished speaking he noticed that they were no longer alone. A young boy, no older than 18, came in and began to nervously order a drink. He chuckled to himself slightly before making eye contact with Kohana. `Help the boy, would you?` His telepathic message would only be heard by his manifested twin sister. His eyes were on a different prize as he noticed others coming into the room where he and Kohana were discussing. They didn't appear to have the fancy arm bands that he and his sister were now wearing so perhaps they weren't participants. His brow raised as he clocked a familiar mask walk into the room.

Taking a final sip from his drink the young man would place it down on the nearby table and nod his head at the attending assistant from the Toraono Clan to thank them before raising his hand with two extended fingers asking for two more drinks. Grabbing the two alcoholic coffee drinks Shin would walk across the room and extend an arm to Fukurokuju. "नमस्ते पुराने दोस्त" He took a sip of his own drink whether the man took the offered beverage or not; if denied Shin would simply place it on a nearby table and continue his conversation. "हम खूबसूरत पार्टी मना रहे हैं. मैं इस तरह के आयोजन में ओरेकल की भागीदारी देखकर आश्चर्यचकित नहीं हूं." His eyes roaming the room. "मुझे पुस्तकालय में आखिरी बार आए हुए कुछ समय हो गया है, कम से कम पाँच साल से अधिक। मेरे पास दर्ज ज्ञान का भण्डार है जिसे मुझे दूर-दराज के क्षेत्रों के बारे में अपने रिकॉर्ड में दर्ज करने की आवश्यकता है." He pulled out a scroll that was no more than a couple centimeters long that had a sealing configuration on it causing it to shrink down to a miniscule size due to the Secret Art: Doctrine Seal Jutsu that Shin has access to, a custom jutsu that he has used for the Order on many occasions previously.

"मुझे यकीन है कि आप यहां बेकार की बातचीत के लिए नहीं आए हैं, और जबकि हम दोनों जानते हैं कि मैं कुछ समय तक जारी रख सकता हूं, मैं मदद नहीं कर सकता, लेकिन अपनी अतृप्त ओरेकल जिज्ञासा को रोक सकता हूं... ये सेनिन गेम्स, मैं मदद नहीं कर सकता लेकिन महसूस करता हूं कि इतने विस्तृत कार्य और परीक्षण के पीछे कोई छिपा हुआ मकसद है। अतीत में काज़ेकेज और स्टीवर्ड्स अपने सलाहकारों को अपने आस-पास के लोगों की ताकत, योग्यता और भरोसेमंदता के आधार पर चुनते थे, लेकिन यह अलग लगता है" His eyes lock onto the mask of the Oracle's leader. "अन्यथा आदेश और अन्य संगठनात्मक नेताओं का इतना विस्तृत संग्रह क्यों होगा जो उपस्थित होंगे और उम्मीदवारों के कार्यों का अवलोकन करेंगे। इस घर में गैर-सुनानों की उपस्थिति का तो जिक्र ही नहीं। मैंने उस व्यक्ति को इन हॉलों में स्वतंत्र रूप से घूमते हुए देखा, जो कभी खुद को भाग्य कहता था और मुझे कहना होगा कि मैं हैरान हूं कि अक्कुमा जैसा व्यक्ति इतनी लापरवाही से और सार्वजनिक रूप से यहां होगा." His eyes did not move as he desired to know the truth

1. Hello old friend.
  2. Beautiful party we are having. I am not surprised to see the Oracle participation in an event such as this.
  3. It's been some time since I was last in the library, over five years at the least. I have quite the repertoire of recorded knowledge I need to transcribe into our records about the far off regions.
  4. I am sure you aren't here for idle chatter, and while we both know I can continue on for a while, I can't help but withhold my insatiable Oracle curiosity... These Sennin Games, I can't help but feel there is an alterior motive behind such an elaborate task and trial. In the past the Kazekage and the Stewards simply chose their advisors based on the strength, merit, and trustworthiness of those around them, but this seems.... different.
  5. Why else would there be such an elaborate collection of the Orders and other organizational leaders present and observing the actions of the candidates. Not to mention the presence of non-Sunans in this house. I saw the man that once called himself fate roaming freely through these halls and I must say I am shocked that a man like Akkuma would be here so casually and publicly.

Kohana made her way across the room and sat down beside where the nervous participant of the Sennin Games was at. "Cancel the water, get me and this young man a bottle of Awamori and a couple of shot glasses! We are about to become great friends." Her red eyes locked ono Roku and a devilish grin stretched across her face. "The name is Kohana, what's yours little man?" He jeered in a slightly jovial way as to try and make the boy a little calmer at the situation he had found himself in.

Once the bottle arrived, Kohana would pop the top and pour each of them a drink before instantly throwing hers back. Slamming her glass on the table she let out a long sigh of relief and tilted her head to the side with a smile and a grunt as her shoulders raised slightly to show her satisfaction of the drink. "Looks like they didn't skimp on the drinks here." She chuckled slightly before shifting her weight to rest even more comfortably. Sliding her fingers along the rim of her shot glass she would look at the empty cup before continuing. "So, tell me a little bit about yourself and how you found yourself in this situation."

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Failure. Failure. Failure. And you... you asshole! Of all the times to grow quiet! Ever since our training in the Ruins, you've been, what, moody? depressed? Are you mad at me?!

Letting out a sigh he would remember his own conflicts when it came to the inner voice.

Unless you are me and now I am not only ignoring myself but getting upset at myself for ignoring myself.

Just then a man would appear with a weird device, causing him to almost jump out of his seat.

"How did you do that?! So quiet... maybe you should be the games," he would grumble to himself as he took the wrist device, loosely listening to the explanation and putting it on. After applying it he would turn back to the person who had delivered to say, "So do I do anything to turn it on--" but the figure was already gone.

"Seriously, like a ninja..."

That would be when his drink order would get canceled and reordered as alcohol.

Is that allowed? Am I allowed????

He would then turn to thank the person, noticing they were a female. Typically, boys his age would more likely than not be agitated by hormones and a response to the opposite sex, but he wasn't sure he was feeling that sensation.

Would I even know? Probably, right?

Instead, his emotions would fixate on the utterance of the word "friend". He hadn't fully mastered sarcasm or hyperbole, so if she was using it in almost any other way than the exact words she used, he was going to misread it. For him, she had just now opened a door for him to chase after something he had set as one of his top goals since joining the village; friendship.

"Roku!"

As proudly as he could say his name, is as proud the expression upon his face would be. Though he was about to correct Kohana on her incorrect labeling of him, as he was clearly taller than her, but before he could the drinks would appear.

Kohana would take her drink, make short work of it, and quickly slam the now empty tiny glass back upon the table. It was impressive, right? He wasn't entirely sure but he assumed it was a custom that Sousuke had not taught him yet, so he would mimic it. Taking the drink, quickly inhaling it, and slamming the tiny glass upon the table, he would have perfectly replicated the motions of Kohana. The only difference, the expression on his face wouldn't be as nearly composed. Instead, his cheeks would be flush as his mouth would rip open and his tongue would dance in the air.

"Poison?!"

Before his meltdown could go any further, he would pause and take a moment to compose himself. After all, his new friend had just asked him a question that he knew from the textbooks was part of the ritual of forming social bonds; she wanted to know more about him.

"Well, I was born in the desert, grew up in a group called Community, was tested a whole bunch, met some weird guy, started talking to myself, was taken in by Takahashi Sousuke, have been preparing to enter the village properly, and decided to become a Sennin... what about you?"

That, while missing a ton of context, would be a rather linear path of some of his major life milestones. There would only be one glaring omission. His brain would notice it but it wasn't necessarily clear what it was, but he knew there was something he was missing.

"There is one more thing... what was it... something about me... hmmmm"

While he had already passed the question back to Kohana, it would seem that he would become a bit jammed up trying to remember. Why was it so important? Well not simply because we all understand the frustration of knowing we know something but just can't recall it, but it was also that he did not want to feel like he omitted information from his response to his new friend. It was important for this first round of friendship to be perfect... he was told he only gets one opportunity to make an impression.

MFT - 686

Last edited:

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Attention, Kazekage Ryuzaki Raizo is making his way to the grand ballroom to give the opening remarks and explain the festivities for tonight. All non-participants, and non-judges, are encouraged to make their way to the ballroom at this time. All participants and judges are free to remain in their respective locations and listen to the opening remarks over the PA system. Opening remarks will begin in the next 10 minutes."

@Chikamatsu Shin @Tsurara Moriko @Okami Roku

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fukurokuju would turn his attention to the approaching figure. He would take the drink.

"Trying to impair my judgment? Haha, just kidding. Thank you for the drink," he would say as he placed the drink down on a standing table nearby.

What would happen next would legitimately surprise him, as the head of the Chikamatsu Clan would begin to speak in their ancient tongue.

"ओह, झुंड के बीच छिपा एक प्रिय मित्र?"

He would say with a chuckle as he assumed that someone from their ranks would undoubtedly be in the competition, but the nature of their fraternal Order made it a bit of a guessing game.

"प्यारी पार्टी लेकिन बिना चेहरा पहने पकड़े जाने से सावधान रहें।"

It wasn't a warning, it remained in his normal jovial tone, and if nothing else was just a gentle ribbing at the customs of the Order and protecting their identities.

"दरअसल, बेकार की बकबक मेरे यहां होने का एक महत्वपूर्ण कारण है। आप गलत नहीं हैं, इसमें और भी बहुत कुछ है। हालाँकि, मैं बहुत अधिक आश्चर्य को बर्बाद नहीं कर सकता।"

So the Chikamatsu Clan Head is trying to figure out the pieces of tonight's puzzle. I wonder if they will be pleased with what the game actually is or if it will not meet their expectations.

He would wonder a bit before continuing, "यह काज़ेकेज अलग है और चीजों को अलग तरीके से संभालना चुन रहा है। बेहतर? ज़्यादा बुरा? जीवन के रिकॉर्डर की दुनिया में सब कुछ व्यक्तिपरक है। विवादास्पद वह शब्द प्रतीत होता है जो रयुज़ाकी रायज़ो के इस नवोदित शासनकाल के साथ सबसे अधिक मेल खाता है।"

Fukurokuju would let that linger for a bit as he would pick up the glass that was previously offered to him and begin to swirl the liquid within it around in his loose grasp.

"हर जगह बाहरी लोग, हाल ही में उन पर नज़र रखना मुश्किल हो गया है। फिर, हमारे वर्तमान ग्राम नेता थोड़े विवादास्पद हैं, नहीं?"

Taking his free hand he would slightly slide his mask up and consume the drink he had been gifted by Shin. Placing the glass back upon the table, his mask would return to its normal resting position, as his crisp blue eyes would be locked upon Shin.

"चूँकि हमारा आह्वान इतिहास को दर्ज करने का है, इसलिए इस बारे में चिंता करने की कोई ज़रूरत नहीं है कि लोग यहाँ क्यों हैं... लेकिन मैं यह कहना झूठ बोलूँगा कि मुझे यह देखने में कोई दिलचस्पी नहीं है कि चीज़ें कैसे सामने आती हैं। यह एक ऐसी आपदा हो सकती है जिससे युवा केज कभी उबर नहीं पाएगा। शुक्र है, मित्र, परिणाम चाहे जो भी हो, हम इसे नोट करने के लिए उपस्थित रहेंगे।"

With that, he would slightly turn his head at the announcement over the speaker system before shifting back to Shin.

"Well, head of the Chikamatsu Clan and Chief within the Omni-Prime, will you be retiring to the ballroom or staying here in the game room?"

1. Oh, a dear friend hidden amongst the pack?
2. Lovely party but be wary of getting caught while not wearing your face.
3. Actually, idle chatter is very much an important reason for me being here. You aren't wrong, there is more to it. However, I can't ruin too much of the surprise.
4. This Kazekage is different and is choosing to handle things differently. Better? Worse? All subjective in the world of a recorder of life. Controversial seems to be the word that resonates most with this fledging reign of Ryuzaki Raizo.
5. Outsiders everywhere, hard to keep track of lately. Again, our current village leader is a bit controversial, no?
6. As our call is to record history, there is no need to worry about why people are here... but I would be lying to say that I'm not interested to see just how things unfold. This could be a disaster that the young Kage may never recover from. Thankfully, we will be present to note it no matter the outcome, friend.

@Chikamatsu Shin

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"डरो मत, अगर मैं खुद को ऐसी स्थिति में पाता हूं जहां मुझे अपनी पहचान छुपाने की जरूरत पड़ती है तो मुखौटा बस एक झटके से दूर हो जाता है Shin would say with a grin as he twirled his fingers, causing small orbs of light coming in and out of reality. "जीवन आसान हो गया है क्योंकि मुझे पता चला कि मैं अपने भ्रमों को वास्तविकता में कैसे बदल सकता हूं और वास्तविकता को सपनों से ज्यादा कुछ नहीं बना सकता" He chuckled slightly as the lights would fully dissipate.

He understood what the head of the Oracles was saying, this was a time of great change within Sunagakure no Sato and he was here to be a part of it. If Raizo wanted to extend the invitation to Sennin-ship to the likes of Akkuma why would Shin have any say otherwise.

"I plan on heading to the Ballroom, will you be accompanying me? After all, the company you keep says a lot about you, does it not?" He took a few steps before looking towards Kohana. `It's time to go.` His mental thread sent a telepathic message to his sister. Taking a couple of steps towards the door he would begin to match strides with Kohana as the two bodies would merge back to one, causing the second petal on Shin's seal to turn grey as the two souls once again inhabited the same body.

1. Fear not, if I find myself in a situation where I need to conceal my identity the mask is a flick of the finger away.
  2. Life has become easier as I discovered how to make my illusions into reality and turn reality into nothing more than dreams.

Kohana would put on a playful laugh as the boy mimicked her actions and declared the drink poison. "Poison? I guess it is technically." WIth her hand covering her mouth she continued to chuckle. "Oh? Raised by the `Community`, that's interesting. And Sousuke has taken you in? Have you had the pleasure to meet the princess?" Her face slightly twisted with anger as she spoke of Teke. She chuckled again to put her face back on for the boy. "I am here to keep an eye on my brother over there." She pointed at the blond boy across the room.

It was about this time that she received the telepathic message. She let out a sigh and looked over at the boy. Kissing her first two fingers and winking she would blow the kiss at the boy. "Looks like the boss needs me, maybe later... Roku-kun." As she shifted her weight by uncrossing her legs she would take to her feet and begin to walk towards Shin, pausing for a moment. "See you around." She continued to meet up with Shin, merging back into her brother's body.

[topic left for now to join the ballroom]

Tsurara Moriko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Moriko only paid vague attention to the comings and goings of the room she was seated in, partly absorbed in her book. The chapters on small unit tactics got very into the weeds with detailing the specialties of the people involved, classifying different types of ninja by categories. These categories themselves were fairly in-depth, more than she'd seen before, and went much further than the simple classifications of attack type most such books she'd seen had ever gone into, and could be mixed together and matched with an eye on the combatant's primary skill in front.

So I would be a...ranged, attack-focused, support-capable Ninjutsu user, she mused, paying special attention to a paragraph detailing the proper placement of that type of ninja in a combat role. Interesting. Does the element of choice modify anything...? What about environment?

She did remember she had a drink out of habit of a lifetime; it was a reflex you developed as a Yuki in the desert to stay hydrated. She did not, however, notice the occasional topping-up of her juice by attentive wait-staff. Or, for that matter, entries and exits. She had some senses on alert, but not ones that would really keep her sharp for anything other than actual danger. Short of an object flying her way, or someone starting a bar fight, she wasn't about to look up for less than an announcement. Or anything else official.

There were definitely other people there. It just wasn't a concern.

At least, until someone standing nearby cleared their throat loudly and conspicuously, making Moriko blink and lower her book. She cut the attitude, because anyone doing that here wasn't doing it to annoy her or for anything stupid like they would at home.

It was not a house servant, by the looks of it. They seemed too...out of place. Moriko gave up on placing a gender immediately; long ponytail but flat chest covered by armour. Who knew? The armour did seem to signify something, mind; they were not an average person but were involved with the event.

"Greetings, Tsurara-san," the person said in a likewise neutral register. "As a participant in the Sennin Games, you are required for at minimum the duration of the evening to be in possession of and wear on your wrist this device."

Moriko accepted the device cautiously, setting the book off to one side. It was...sleek. Vaguely stylish and within her colour scheme too, though that was likely just luck. It was clearly designed to fit on either arm, and not so large or heavy to impede movement. A little, maybe, but it was metal. It weighed less than her bow overall.

"Are we to know what they do ahead of time?" she asked. It didn't seem dangerous, and the odds of someone getting away with sabotage in this way were...not nothing, but unlikely at best.

"I'm afraid not, Tsurara-san," the ninja said. "We do not know ourselves. Takahashi Satoshi, the leader of the Journeyman Order, crafted them. The Kazekage requires you wear it, and otherwise you will be removed from the contest."

...Alarming.

"Thank you, then," she said after weighing the further odds of a trap. She slipped it onto her right wrist. The journeyman bowed and exited swiftly upon seeing her do so.

It was cool and very smooth, and the weight was indeed there but not more than noticeable. It might have been some means to display a score of some kind, if she had to guess. Meaning that 'games' would be very literal. And would her refusal to store her gear be an impediment? Doubtful; probably some people hadn't even found the rooms so she'd been on even footing.

Or behind.

Because most if not all of the people here would be ahead of her, physically and combat-wise.

Problem.

If violence was involved. The option to store gear seemed to indicate it wouldn't be, at least for now. Which, when combined with the rest of this...meant...

Which meant that the Kazekage was genuinely a fair and open person...?

Moriko prodded this mentally from varying angles and found it surprisingly sound. She was wary of accepting that of anyone, generally-speaking, but then she was a cynic by nature. Even Tsukiya had, when she'd asked, thought any sleight of hand here was on the man's assistants, not him. That also tracked with the mission with the creature out in the desert. Genuine.

Hm.

Just then the loudspeakers came on. Moriko tilted her head and listened to the announcement, nodding slowly. She was just about done her book anyway, and just about done her drink--five minutes at most, and she would head down.

Better to be where the action was.

[Topic Exited? for the Ballroom]

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Oh, a princess? Hmm... no, I don't think I really saw anyone but Sousuke, a few of his family members, and those who worked in his estate, but even then I sort of" he would move his fingers in quotation marks, "kept a low profile."

It wasn't a lie, he never saw a princess or even knew that the village had a princess.

Wait, does Sousuke have a daughter? Would that make me her brother? Cousin? Stepbrother...

He would dismiss it as it was clearly not something important enough to fully register at this time, especially since he had never met the person Kohana was alluding to anyway. It would be at that time the announcement would occur and Kohana would make her departure.

A kiss on fingers, does that hold meaning? A wink can be playful or flirty, was this playful of flirty... hmmm, I might need to do a bit more studying up on proper social interactions.

Pausing for a moment he would smile and wave off to the female.

'She was nice' is what he would think to himself and not say out loud, because that would be a little awkward, right?

"She was nice..."

Never mind, maybe it wasn't awkward?

The bartender would look at him with a slightly odd look.

OH NO, I SAID IT OUT LOUD AND IT WAS AWKWARD!!!

A nervous smile would appear on his face as he would turn to Kohana and her brother to make sure she didn't hear him as well. It would be at this time he would see her essentially disappear back into her brother.

'Was she a ghost' would be the question that would enter his mind, but would be too weird to ask out loud, right?

"SHE WAS A GHOST!?"

Oh, never mind... the confused young man would get up and follow after the blonde-haired boy, but at a safe distance... and almost entirely forgetting why he was even at this house.

yuji-itadori-jujutsu-kaisen.gif

MFT-314
[topic left]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
From the PA System, would come the following announcement:

"Thank you all for gathering here this evening. I know there is a lot of intrigue in not only this event and our competitors but also in general. Why do things in such a non-traditional way? I think concerns about upholding and respecting traditions is one that should be valued, but I also believe that change can also illicit growth. Evolution. We are standing at the precipice of a unique time for Sunagakure no Sato, a time in which the village can either adapt and evolve or stay complacent. Complacency is often given as a pejorative, that it is bad. It isn't, at least in context. This village has finally entered into a level where complacency is probably welcomed. Where consistency is finally consistent. After decades caught in a maelstrom, attacks from insurgents, attacks from twisted creatures from the wild expanse, and constant fear of a faction seeking to destroy you... Suna has finally reached a point where the day-to-day is mundane. A day that you live on the surface, that you thrive but not at the forced hand of survival, and one in which you can enjoy just the simplicity of existing without being on edge for the next danger."

Pause.

"And while we have reached the place of peace, is it where we should remain? Or is there a benefit to challenging ourselves, not merely waiting for challenges to come, to grow and change? We've already received one message from one of the other Great Nations challenging our previously held traditions, and we're already aware of the dangers still lingering in the Desert Expanse, but shouldn't we already be moving forward regardless of these external events and not simply because of them? Isn't it time to be proactive and stop merely being reactive? These Sennin Games will not only mark a new Sennin to join the upper ranks of our military but also mark a new chapter for our village. One where we look at our traditions and current concepts and make a decision on what truly is best for the progress of our village, what truly is sustainable."

Another pause

"So then, what about tonight? Why are we here? Why are some of us wearing these odd metallic wrist devices" he would say raising his own arm to show that he too was wearing the device, "Before we get to that, let me take a moment to mention that we will be doing something different within the Sennin Games. Like I said in my original announcement, this was to be a spectacle and showcase for not only our shinobi and our village but for all of Wind Country. In keeping with that promise, one of the Merchant Lords of Soon's Haven has graced us with an amazing opportunity; tonight, and all other facets of the game, will be recorded on film, and then Merchant Lord Guchi Sheena and her amazing team will take the film and release it for home consumption. So while it won't be real-time, each stage of the event will be witnessed by all those within our country, either in their home or at various gatherings planned around the country. Ultimately, the goal is for the final stages of the event to be filmed in real-time, witnessed in live broadcast form, but there are still several hurdles to climb before reaching that point, as Lord Sheena and her team are painfully aware of... so I say all that to say this; smile, because you are already on camera!"

A longer pause. He would continue.

"Now I am sure some of you have already processed what this means, but some of you might still be in the dark on this; for those of you participating, you are on full display. This is a spotlight and magnitude that many of you were maybe not expecting nor that some of you want, while others of you may revel at the ability to be put on such a stage. The reality for this decision was simple for two reasons; 1) The easiest reason; if you are selected to be a Sennin, you are standing in this very spotlight already, we are giving you a chance to grow accustomed to those lights instead of starting out blinded. 2) As I mentioned originally, these games aren't just a simple test--you are now going to be viewed, judged, and scrutinized not only by myself, those assisting with the games, but also your peers, village members, and country mates. Being able to handle that pressure is no small feat, folding to that pressure is no grand failure; you are being tested."

"
Now on to the focus of this evening. As already mentioned, you all are wearing these wrist devices, which were made by the head of our Journeyman Order, Takahashi Satoshi, of the renowned Takahashi Clan who has served this village and country proudly. This device will be used throughout the games for various purposes, to keep track of your progress. To activate,"

There would be a pause with the sound of shuffling picked up on the microphone, "
you must press this button and then emit a small amount of chakra. The runic work of Satoshi will then kick in on that small amount of energy and the device will start up."

"
Satoshi has stated that this device all works fundamentally the same but because it is powered by your chakra, or your spiritual essence, it is not an exact science like modern [of the NC world] technology. Instead, each of yours might act a little differently based on your own personality, but I have been assured that all of them will have the same fundamental character and starting prompt; a little creature named C.U.R.O. or "kur-oh" and you should all receive a welcome message introducing you to the device."

G8d8h7z.png

LIrjG3E.png

Lowering his own device he would continue.

"You will notice that you all have a score, and that score is starting at 50 out of 100. For tonight's game, the rules are fairly simple. It's a battle royal..."

There would be an amount of tension in his pause.

"...of appeal. That's right, you will be assessed by our judges, non-participants within the house, based on your conversations, actions, and behaviors tonight. Favorable conversation? Gain points. Pick your nose? Lose points, depending on who sees you. The rationale for this is simple enough, if not mundane for those of you itching to do more punching; I need Sennin that are not just pillars of strength. I need Sennin that are pillars of our village. Can you relate? Can you speak in a way that promotes yourself on our causes? While this may not seem like an exciting assessment, I want to caution you on believing this to be an easy one; are you truly someone who this village can believe in? If so, show it."

"Your score at the end of this round tonight will be used for rankings in the next round. The score caps at 100 but as a reminder, you can also lose points just as quickly as you gain them. Should you wish to question any transactions, you will have to talk to me. I have access to all participant's points and overall score sheets. If my ruling goes in your favor, you will be returned the points taken or given to you, and if my ruling goes against your favor, you will be penalized 20 points."

He would pause again.

"You, as a participant, are able to give your points to fellow participants but are not able to take them away from others. Any points you give will be subtracted from your total."

"
You are welcome to hide away from judges, but every hour you go without receiving feedback on interacting with another person wearing one of these devices will result in a loss of 5 points."

"Last bit on the rules; since this competition will have us staying up through the night, you are welcome to retire to your room and head for bed. If that is what you wish to do, remove the device and the 5-point penalty will be deducted based on the time remaining. And lastly, we will have a group meeting, for those who wish to attend, in 3 and 6 hours, in the meeting room on the second floor. Those who attend will receive 10 points automatically and those who do not, will not be punished. We have roughly 8 hours of competition tonight, so best of luck. Coffee, along with any and all beverages and food, are available to judges and participants at your request. I shall stick around the ballroom for a moment and then will wander around the premises for the remainder of the game."

There would be a sound of crumpling of papers.

"Oh, just noticed I received clarification from Satoshi about what C.U.R.O. stands for... and he says it stands for Shove It Up---okay, never mind. Good luck participants, I hope you all put your best foot forward!"

The communication would end.
OOC: Please check out this post

Tsurara Moriko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed...wise...to be prompt.

Moriko had no idea why one of the proctors here would want to talk to her. Was it about her hauling her weapons around? Was she not supposed to do that?

Or was it about her rank, or age? She wasn't even the only Genin there, so that couldn't be it, surely.

Or her family? A message? But then why send someone of authority?

Or--perish the thought--some of the things she'd done as a student in the back alleys--but surely no one would care now, right? If it was an issue it would have been one ages ago.

Fortunately the way to the Game Room was an easy path, one she had just come from. So she knew it well enough. Even she couldn't possibly get lost, something that would have been frankly embarrassing. Politeness didn't hurt, was preferable, and it was generally contra-indicated when trying to be for one to waste another's time by being late.

Granted, she had not been provided a timeframe--nor even truly required to go at all--but this still seemed like a better idea than not going.

...Were there cameras in the hallways too? Never mind. It was wholly unimportant.

She re-entered the Game Room and glanced around; it was just as she'd left it, although bereft of any other contestants. Out on the patio, then...

Very mindful of any eyes on her, Moriko strode across the room with what she hoped was confidence and not arrogance, and stepped out onto the patio.

"Ito-san," she said with a slight tilt of her head, "I am definitely curious. Was there something in particular you wanted to talk to me about?"

Truthfully, Tomoe was...impressive. The stoic demeanour, the clear aura of toughness...one other thing did have her curious as she carefully took a seat.

Why on earth did Tomoe not want to be a Sennin herself?

[Topic Entered]

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Frantically, while listening to the speech over the speaker system, he would hurry towards the ballroom. Pressing down on the button on his device, he would haphazardly send a burst of chakra into it and continue his mad dash to see the Kazekage speak.

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me..."

It was an onslaught of hurried rushing and an attempt at being polite. Soon, however, it would all be over as he would pass the threshold and enter the room. Without looking around, he would let out a long sigh of relief as his hands would be propped on his hips, still attempting to regain his breath.

"Finally..."

He would then look up and notice that the location was familiar, which felt odd since he had never been to the ballroom before, nor had he still. As it would seem instead of making it to a new location, he had instinctively made his way back to the Game Room.

"Fi-nal-ly.... dang it!"

Before he could get too caught up in his own panic at being in the wrong spot, there would be a buzzing noise coming from the device on his wrist.

"Oh?"

Looking down he would notice a cute little character, with a tiny welcome message.

"Awwwww, how cute!"

The screen would then begin to flicker and glitch out as an error message would flash until resetting.

"Uhhhhhh... how... cute?"

Finally the screen would restart and would be mostly the same. The only difference would be that every so often the screen would glitch out and show an alternative version of his CURO and the messaging would get a little odd.
ErHs644.gif

"Eeeeeeeeh.... cute?"

Either way, his mind would snap back to the task at hand as he would begin to look around for someone to talk to and not lose points!

"YOSH! LET'S GO!!!!!"

He was off to a bad start once yet again...

MFT - 301

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
UlAAE44.png

Tomoe - Jounin of the Main Branch

Tomoe, having made her way to the patio, would merely be gazing out into the night-lit expanse of the desert before them. The oddity of this area, and the work done to cultivate this house, actually gave it some greenry in the immediate surrounding area, but still off in the far distance, she could sense the sands of the terrain she had known and loved. Taking a long drink from her mug, she turned and noticed the approaching Moriko. For once in a blue moon, a small, and quickly disappearing, smile would appear. She would press the device on her wrist, and a small ding would go off on Moriko's CURO.

"It is bold of you to join me. The traditional danger wouldn't be there, and I would never harm a genin of our village, but the social danger must be all too real--why do they want to speak to me, will I say the wrong thing, will I leave a bad impression or ruin the impression they might already hold--this is not a traditional battleground, this odd little house and silly game, but still a battleground all the same."

She would glance at the weaponry the young woman was carrying with her, causing her to glance down the her own blade that rested on her hip.

"I did call you here for a specific purpose, but before that; your weapons. Tell me about them."

It was a direct question but also vague.

@Tsurara Moriko was awarded +5 points

M0FYYDd.png

Hekima - Director of Entertainment

Hekima had already been sitting on the patio, enjoying a drink himself. He would offer a wave to both Tomoe and Moriko once they entered the area, but he himself would not interject in their interaction at this time.

"If you ladies need me to leave, simply ask. Otherwise, I will be minding my own business and getting close with this bottle here," he would say as he raised up a bottle of whiskey he was in the process of consuming by himself one cup at a time.

qYa4fXR.png

Takahashi Satoshi - Leader of Journeymen Order

"
Hahahahaha! I can't believe that goober almost read my note out loud! What a riot!"

He would continue to laugh while also tossing back a shot. In front of him would be several empty shot glasses, and a concerned bartender.

"Keep'um coming! If I dry up this night is gonna be the fuckin' worst!"

Suddenly, he would then snap his finger, of the hand not currently tipping back a shot glass, to point at the boy (Roku) who had just entered the room.

"Oi, little shitter who is messing up my device... come over here and tell ole Satoshi a funny story."

He would then, raise up his now empty shot glass, but it wouldn't be to show off he had completed the drink, but instead was meant to show Roku the CURO device he was also wearing as a proctor for the event.
@Okami Roku

9twMyRk.png

Katsumi - Leader of the Rangers Order

He would send a kunai flying into the dart board, and a determined and serious look would be on his face.

"There is no point in delaying this confrontation any longer..."

With that, he would press the screen on his CURO and would prompt a command...

@Miroku Akkuma would receive -10 points from Katsumi

Fukurokuju would remain posted against the wall, merely watching the ongoings within this room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hour 1 has ended with the following scoreboard:
@Kaen -5 points = 45/100
@Kanmuri -5 points = 45/100
@Mikaboshi -5 points = 45/100
@Sunaku Harupia -5 points = 45/100
@Tsurara Moriko +5 points = 55/100
@Miroku Akkuma -10 points + 10 Points = 50/100
@Uziuke -5 points = 45/100
@Shingetsu Sora +2 points = 52/100
@Chigokai Yuna 50/100
@Okami Roku 50/100
@Chikamatsu Shin +2 +10 = 62/100

Hour 2 has now begun; remember you must be attempting to interact with someone to forgo the -5 penalty; hour 2 will end on Monday (site time), so get your posts in!

Tsurara Moriko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Moriko blinked slowly, filing away the reaction and only glancing briefly at her wrist to see the point boost--the only external display of surprise.

"Thank you," she said, with a head tilt to her right wrist and the CURO, opting to be polite. "I don't typically consider myself meek. You've neither harmed me nor threatened to in any way, so it's beneath my dignity to be afraid or wary."

A battleground. Yes, that was definitely one way to consider this--truthfully, a more comfortable way, in some respects. And wasn't Moriko essentially operating like that anyway? She had relaxed, to a degree, earlier, but she hadn't disarmed, hadn't wanted to leave herself unprepared, started making plans for contingencies in case she was attacked, or as to what to do. She'd even been sketching out in her head vague strategies for looking good and getting ahead.

And why not? Certainly thinking ahead and planning could be foiled, if you were particularly unlucky (or someone else particularly lucky), or if you couldn't know certain aspects of what was going on. That didn't mean a grasp of strategy didn't get you ahead anyway. Even socially, though of course you had to be careful to not let people know that was what you were doing with them. Harder in some cases than others.

"People fall into archetypes," Tsukiya had told her before, one of the many times they sat on top of a roof overlooking the Bazaar. "They don't realize it, but they do. And they deliberately jam themselves into the archetype they've chosen for themselves. Certainly there are a lot of archetypes to memorize, but if you have them, that's already the basics of playing someone. Rare is the person who defies them--it requires intelligence, awareness, and the desire to not conform to a type. The last being the rarest of these."

Moriko was not as good a read on people as he was, certainly. But the basics were definitely taken to heart, here. Be prepared. Even, or especially, when dealing with people.

So considering this whole thing a battlefield, treating it as an extended and alternate form of combat--yes, she could see how that would make sense.

"My weapons," she said, rather than asked. Her hand brushed along the curve of her bow; to the touch very icy, but of course perfectly comfortable for her. There was an accepted Tsurara line to this type of question, but it wasn't the one Moriko would be giving. "If you're asking why this specific type--I play to my strengths. It's pointless to pretend those are anything other than ranged combat. I don't like wholly being reliant on Ninjutsu, no matter how good I can make myself with it, so I diversify with them. At the same time I also can't deny my specialty is ice. So they are woven in with that. The knives are...handy, and I've learned a technique that lets me use them at range without throwing them."

The flash of blood spilling out onto the sand.

A well-struck target, cleaved in two.

The unearthly shriek of an oversized arachnid before it fell into a heap of exoskeleton and viscera.

"As for why I'm still carrying them, I prefer to be as prepared as possible at all times." No reason not to say as much. "I don't necessarily expect anyone to draw blood--but I might look like an easy target, if someone thought they could get away with it, and I would intend to prove them wrong."

There was definitely an edge of steel in the end there, or at least something as cold and as sharp as it.

[Current Points According to CURO: 55; Status: Happy]

Uziuke

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking into the room, he noticed a girl with a bow. She looked quite familiar. Maybe from that one mission in the desert? He remembered quote a few students and Genin. Knowing that they could get a piece of the Sennin games was a great start to their career. Even seeing them come out on top would be more exciting than watching cat videos all day. The boy gave a faint wave, looking towards the few dart boards that hang on the walls.

"Target practice?" The boy asked the girl casually while he placed himself in line with one of the dart boards. He took out a single kunai from his hooded jacket, focusing now on the center of the target. "Reguardless, it takes aim to hit to your target." He wasn't trying to give the girl teachings on how to live her life, but rather Direction while finding her way. Throwing the kunai with elite aim, it found its target, landing dead center of the board. A small flame began to burn, sort of like a candle, near the handle of the kunai, as though signifying a perfect shot.

Uzi reached for another kunai, this time closing a single eye while looking at his target. "Care to share your views on why you want to become a Sennin?" Uzi asked he he began on his next throw to hit his target. Would this practice urge the girl to use her bow on the target? He wouldn't mind a training partner, but he was eager to hear her answer.

[ 45 | 100pts. ]
[ Topic Entered ]

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He would look at the man at the bar.

Oh hey, I know that bar...

And then he would look around his immediate area.

Surely he isn't talking to me...

Upon seeing that no one else was around him, it would become painfully clear that the man was in fact talking to him.

How much has he been drinking, and what did he mean by his devices...

Looking down at his Curo he would notice the glitching continuing.

And what did he mean by messing with it... I just turned the thing on as I was asked!

"O-ok!" his words would stumble out of his mouth as he made his way over to the red-haired Journeyman.

"The name is Okami Roku! You said your name was Satoshi..."

It would be at this time that two pieces of information would come crashing together. Two separate thoughts would slowly at first, but would quickly pick up and come barreling at one another until slamming into each other so hard he could almost feel a pop within his mind.

The Kazekage said the Takahashi made these things, his name is Satoshi and he said these were his things...

"YOU ARE TAKAHASHI SATOSHI?!"

His face would not handle this sudden realization well as it would go through a cycle of shock, frightened, and embarrassment before finally settling on a look over being overwhelmed. It was like the color had drained out of his face as his brain, now mildly fractured, tried to piece together all of the information he was now working with.

He still hadn't told a funny story like he was asked...
jujutsu-kaisen-yuji-itadori-funny-shocked.jpg

MFT - 256
50/100

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
UlAAE44.png

Tomoe - Jounin of the Main Branch

Tomoe, in what would seem like a change of character for her, or at least what little others knew of her, would allow a smirk to appear on her face. It would be briefly, and then it would be gone as her stoic stance would default.

"I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your response. It is good to not only be aware of your weapons but yourself, and to take that a step further, to understand for whom and why you wield such weapons."

She paused for a moment as she took a sip from her mug as someone began to talk to Moriko. Her first thought would be to let loose with a fiery wrath upon someone interrupting her conversation, but she would see that someone else was taking umbrage with the new person, so it could be their job to handle it. Instead, she would return to Moriko.

"Not being reliant on one form of combat is admirable, shows that even at a young age you are still considering the possibilities of best how to succeed in combat. I'm not here to offer advice of that sort, so I will not turn this into a lecture, all I will say is make sure you trust that no matter what you are doing you are not limiting or avoiding what your true strengths are."

She would place her now empty mug down and turn a burning glance towards Hekima, "Care to get me a refill, interloper?"

"
Moriko, you asked why I didn't join the games. Call it a lack of conviction? I believe that what the Kazekage said, about the youth holding immense potential, is true. I was curious to see how many of you would believe it enough to join. So now that you've made it this far, and no matter what you originally put on your form, what is your true goal? What are you hoping to achieve through this competition?"

@Tsurara Moriko was awarded +10 points

M0FYYDd.png

Hekima - Director of Entertainment

His glance would shift as someone else would attempt to join the fray with the two women, but it would seem to fizzle out. He would then be tasked with getting a refill for the leader within the Main Branch.

"But of course, a gentleman is always willing to help."

His tone was on which it was hard to tell if he was genuine or condescending.

"What about you, Moriko-chan? Care for a water or punch?"

He never introduced himself to the Genin and neither had she done the inverse, but it would seem he was aware of who she was.

qYa4fXR.png

Takahashi Satoshi - Leader of Journeymen Order

"Mother Suna... are you cut from the same gorilla-brained cloth as that Kazekage. Yes, I am that guy... but why the hell are you yell'n about it!? Do you want a drink or sumthin'? Oh wait, you gotta tell me a silly story..."

In this moment his expression would fluctuate between inebriated and incapacitated, his eyes rolling around in his head like they weren't in a fixed position at all. Clearly the alcohol was starting to added up for him.

"Or maybe you could tell me why you, and a coupla more of ya jackasses are causing little error reports on my CURO?"

Almost immediately his expression would change. The playful bounce would fade off as a stern and serious look would appear on his face. His eyes would cut directly into the Genin as he leaned forward awaiting a response.

@Okami Roku awarded -3 points

9twMyRk.png

Katsumi - Leader of the Rangers Order

His teeth would grit, almost looking like an animal preparing to fight of a predator, as he looked down at the log on his CURO which would show Akkuma's total to go back up by ten points.

"Did someone intentionally block me or did that charlatan happen to coerce someone into giving him those points?"

Before he could dwell on it too long, someone would throw a kunai into the dartboard he had been using.

"Oi, don't you have any manners jackass?"

He was angry because of the slight from his attempt to get Akkuma's attention and now that someone had barged in and was attempting to hold a conversation at a weird angle while also using the dartboard he was using without even acknowledging him. He would take hold of the hilt of his sword and he would pull up slightly...

~~REWIND: the last few moments would seemingly fade into a sense of dejavu~~

Uziuke would throw his kunai while still talking out towards the patio to Moriko. Before he could throw his next kunai, this time Katsumi would interject in a different way.

"Nice shot, friend, but the girl is a little busy with someone else, maybe I could preoccupy you for a bit?"

@Miroku Akkuma would receive another -10 points from Katsumi
Katsumi is now talking to @Uziuke

Fukurokuju would remain posted against the wall, merely watching the ongoings within this room. A slight chuckle would escape under his mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back