Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Event Commencing the 1st General Assembly... [Event Prologue - Join to Participate]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"ENOUGH, BOY!"

The beast-like growl of the words would send a shiver down the spines of those who were not more experienced in the world of combat and would catch the attention of those who could sense bloodlust. Ryuzaki Oga, father of Raizo, would slowly raise up from his sitting position. Unlike his display outside at the gate, he would not send his aura flooding the area increasing the heat. No, this time it would merely wrap itself around him coating his whole body in cloak of pure heat, causing the visage of him to morph from that of a man to that of something more sinister. This form would be the baseline of why, in the circles of the country that at least knew of the Ryuzaki and Oga, he had earned a moniker.

"The Golden Lion of the Ryuzaki..." would come stumbling out of the mouth of an elder of one of the tribes who had entered Suna for refuge. Since his kin were also warriors, Raizo had invited him to this meeting so that he could help, but the elder, because of his life spent in the desert expanse, had known not only of the stories of the clan that this father and son resided from but specifically of Oga.

"I know what your idiotic kind-hearted head is already thinking, and if you say something as disgraceful as that here and now, then you will forfeit everything. That filth is nothing more than a rabid dog that picks up strays, uses them, and keeps on marching. If you want anyone to acknowledge him... then you need to prove that perception wrong. If he is found guilty of any crimes or continues to operate as a criminal while a member of Suna... the sins of the father shall fall on that of his children."

He knew what Raizo was going to say, and he could not allow his son to further entangle himself into such a quagmire of poor decisions. He still had more for his son to achieve, even if Raizo continued to push away from him. He was his chosen heir.

"But the demon will accept such a term because ultimately their family is nothing more than an inventory for him. He will find one willing to die for him or he will just break your trust and let you charge one of his "children" and continue about his way. You think you can offer him a deal that will make him worthy of being trusted by anyone? Heh... his own "son" as already tried to kill him and has now denounced him."

The light engulfing him would die down as the emotions of Oga would subside.

"Yet, you are a stubborn one, my child. So then go ahead, make your mistake but keep the deal within his family. To show you that your belief in such a worthless creation is misguided, that he is a wretched beast who cares little for those he claims as kin, make it so that if he is found at fault of criminal activity that a member of his clan, not him, will bear the brunt of his charges."

He would smile at Akkuma. "Surely you have no complaint on such a 'hard deal', Miroku Akkuma?"

At this point, he didn't believe the demon would even accept the deal, that he would decline the offer and leave Suna. So in that vein, he would simply continue to rub salt into the thought, continue to push Akkuma out of the picture. He would retreat.

After all, he wasn't a man but merely a beast.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It annoyed him that his father had butted in, but it also caused him to refrain from immediately barking back. He had never seen his father take on that form seriously. Sure, he had seen the First Dance, but it was never pointed directly at him in such a way. Would his father kill him? It was the only thought that struck his mind in that moment. Things, however, would settle as his father would then move into the angle he was trying to push.

He knew I was going to offer up myself as the one to share the crimes with Akkuma... but to pick a random member of his clan to punish? What a cruel method, but maybe he is right. Maybe that is the best way to reach Akkuma and those here to show it isn't just a gimmick. To show how serious I am about trusting Akkuma.

Before he could fully think on it, and with Yukina not at his side but Suzaku, he would find himself getting swept up in the momentum. The rest of the room would slowly start to react as well. It was clear Akkuma had fewer fans in this room than he might elsewhere, would all of his push him away?

"Akkuma... I seriously wish for you to join Suna. I am not looking for little islands that self-govern under a single flag, I am looking to build a nation. Let me start with you and the Miroku, and then let's go out and unite all the rest of this country."

His words would come out lacking his energy from before, but he would still smile at the demon. Yet, he couldn't shake his father and that outburst.

"If you do not want that, you are free to go, Akkuma. As I said, your family is free to stay here, no questions asked. This is their home now, should they choose to accept it."

He would then turn his attention to Yukina.

"My attendant Yukina will begin to assign you all with tasks. Some of you will be asked to meet with me before you depart on your mission, mainly because I want to clarify some things that work better talking to you in a smaller setting than this. Once you have received your orders, you are dismissed."

Yukina, a bit taken back by the less enthusiastic Raizo, would nod at his request, would depart from Suzaku and would begin to pass along the assignments.

Raizo would return to the head of the room and let loose his smile.
Luffy-smile-luffy-monkey-d-luffy-GIF-on-GIFER-by-Galabar.gif

OOC:

Sorry about double posting, but since it took me so long to get out this round of posting I wanted to make sure to expedite this all. I will be creating your group event threads and letting you all know where to go and what the next steps will look like within the coming week, if no sooner. If you have any questions let me know, please feel free to rp out some more or exit, and I will see you all in your event threads soon! I really appreciate everyone for joining in on this thing that quickly evolved into a real circus!

Akkuma - If you accept or decline the offer, just post up and you will either remain purple or turn orange. The decision is all your's ;)

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
The events that were transpiring here today were not something the Sage could've anticipated. His son was being more impudent than ever & he doubted this most recent development would do anything but stoke the flames. It would seem that the hostility from his son had very much not gone unnoticed by the Kazekage. In regards to whether it was about what they had discussed it seemed it both was & wasn't about that topic. This was made obvious when he went on to once more inform the Sage & the room of his idealistic goal. Upon Raizo's declaration the room would erupt in objections. Without a doubt the loudest & most fierce of those came from Lord Oga. His reaction to the news had brought many other objections to nothing more than murmured agreement with his words.

In seconds the atmosphere within the room was once more palpable & the bloodlust in the air only served to fuel the Sages unnatural aura. The eyes of his masked kinsmen were focused on their Lord, eyes burning with rage at the insults thrown towards him. Raizo was determined to persevere with his offer despite the uproar of objections he had received. Although the half-demon could feel that he now lacked the same energy he'd had moments ago. It was obvious the objections had caused doubt to fester within the young Kazekage's mind. A natural response to the situation & a sign that he was not a complete fool. Oga seemed to think he goad the Sage into undertaking such a foolish path. Raizo seemed intent on digging his own grave once more re-affirming he wanted the half-demon to join him. However Akkuma had no intention of having another Kage throw everything away for him. Such a deal would only sow discontent among their peers. While crippling his abilities to aid the village, the Sage remembered all too well the divide such endeavors had caused for Hayate Shin & his people.

Akkuma would stand his gaze moving over the room, stopping momentarily on Uzi before coming to rest upon Raizo. How could the young Kazekage have failed to understand anything the Sage had told him in their recent meeting. It seemed that his message had been lost in the chaos which was no doubt something easily done given the weight of what the village was facing. "Become a Jounin of Sunagakure..." he let the words hang there as if it were something he had not thought possible. The half-demon began to laugh & all those who could sense bloodlust would feel it emanating from him. "What a foolish notion...especially under such terms." those emerald eyes of his burned with hunger as he continued. "You really have no idea who I am do you?" the question was more a statement of disbelief then something he expected to be answered. "Your actions here today have shown me that despite my efforts you still refuse to see the reality of the situation." his words began to take a colder tone & his cursed chakra crackled around his form.

Those emerald eyes of his shifted their gaze to his brother Uziuke & for the briefest moment they would hold remorse for what was to come. Once more his gaze move over those gathered, wondering if any of them would be foolish enough to attempt to stop him. "The time will come when you realize you need an individual like me...a monster to do the things you're unwilling to do." his words were cold as his gaze came to finally rest upon Raizo. "Lord Ryuzaki Raizo...you speak of acceptance & yet you find my ideals so foreign they seem alien to you. These terms are ridiculous but I have now come to expect nothing less then this foolishness." he would say all while wearing a devilishly sinister smile. "Worry not Lord Raizo I shall honor your terms. I will handle my affairs & my prohibited interests will be shutdown within the week. Until we meet again Lord Kazekage..." he would give a slight bow of his head to the Kazekage before turning to depart the assembly.

Stopping only momentarily to as he passed Yukina. "Keep it safe & try to keep these fools from getting themselves killed." he would say knowing the kunoichi knew what he meant & who. With that he would depart with his masked brethren, for there was much to be done & little time do so. Things had not gone as he had intended but given the events of today he had hope for the future. Until then he would do what he did best, play the monster. For he suffered not from restrictions such foolish ideals placed upon oneself. It was apparent if he was to enact his plans then he would need to do so immediately.

MFT/Topic Left Unless Stopped?
OOC: =P Whoop was a fun thread & enjoyed this chaos. Looking forward to the next thread.​

Jintou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
It was all enough to bring uneasiness to the group of ninja who gathered on the floor— the oath sworn but nameless masses who were like an audience to this ancient Sunan tragedy. The conflict of ninja was frequently one of the old ways versus the new— those tried and tested rules being broken in the hopes of something greater. It was a tale as old as time, and yet, there was some fresh shame in this rendition. During times of strife in any hidden village, the Kage was an incomparable symbol. They were more than your king on the chessboard, and even more than the last line of defense who promised to protect the livelihood you know. To watch the Kazekage be undermined by his father openly was like spotting a puppeteer’s hand come into view during a masterful marionette’s dance. Suddenly, the solidarity of the recent influx of new villagers in the face of distant threats seemed questionable, as a creature like Akkuma slapped away the invitation to join Raizo’s ninja army. This would be a moment to shake the congregation to its core— there were powerful forces at play within their village who’d openly refuse both the Kazekage’s demands and offers to a truce. Was the Miroku clan and its Leader above the law?

Jintou waited on bated breath. His attention didn’t waiver as he fiddled around beneath his cloak without looking, and produced a morsel of stale bread. It was a little something leftover from his first day of class. He took a bite and munched on it like some popcorn at the movies, but this drama was as real as it gets.

The boy was full of wonder, even speculation. Raizo had already declared that Akkuma’s clansmen would be labeled criminals if they fled that room. With so many loyal ninja on hand, how could this drama not reach its peak and evolve into fisticuffs? Enough ninja were bloodthirsty, at least willing to prove themselves in an instant as loyalty required. I mean, Jintou wasn’t about to be one of them— count him out. He almost choked on his snack at the sheer thought of getting into the mix. That was an A and B conflict, and he would surely C his way out of there.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
PC: Sunahoshi Suzaku

Suzaku couldn't find the words to respond to what Yukina said to him but for the first time in their various interactions it wasn't because of the way that she sent his head spinning. He understood what she was saying. That his family name was dangerous for both him and for those that had protected him up until now. Suzaku wasn't scared for any of his family in the Deep Court-- they dwelt far away from Sunagakure and lived under the protection of Master Mikaboshi and Suzaku had a hard time believing that anyone would ever willingly pick a fight with his master, knowing what a monster he could be. But there were plenty of people in Sunagakure that Oga might attempt to use Suzaku's identity against, not the least of which were the Kazekage himself or the Takahashi family. Yukina was doing her best to remind Suzaku of those facts and it wasn't like he didn't know or understand those things, not really. He didn't have much of a mind for intrigue but he'd been told enough times by the people in his life that did understand those things how much chaos might be caused by the sudden re-emergence of a potential challenger to the throne of Kazekage.

It wasn't that he didn't understand or care but there was something about it that he couldn't abide. Hiding who he was... hiding his name didn't sit right even if people like Oga would use it for their advantage. It felt like a kind of slight to the life that his father had supposedly lived to pretend like he was anything else. How could he ever start to live up to that legacy if he was preoccupied with pretending like it wasn't a part of him?

"Yukina... I just--" He tried to get a word in edgewise to reply to her but as he did, chaos erupted in the room once more and pulled the attentions of all those present back to the floor.

"Ah... shit... come on..."

Raizo and his father were loudly clashing over what sounded like the fate of the Miroku Clan and of their apparent leader Akkuma. Suzaku had mixed feelings about the dark sage from the last time they'd met. He'd seemed like a reasonable, if a bit iffy, sort of guy until he'd went into a closed door meeting with Raizo and erected some kind of dark barrier to keep out others. Never one to back down from a challenge, Suzaku had taken that as a sign that something nefarious was about and tore his way through it to face the situation only to find that the Kazekage had things well in-hand.

They argued loudly which culminated in a show of defiance by Akkuma before the dark sage turned to storm out with a cadre of masked atrendants behind him. That was it? For everything that Akkuma had said about the older generations of shinobi needing to do better, he was just going to let Oga brand him a monster and leave? Without another word, Suzaku got up from where he'd been seated next to Yukina and took a round-way to the doors of the room and pushed out into the hallway behind the group of cloaked individuals in Akkuma's retinue.

"That's it?" Suzaku called after him, the doors of the room swinging shut behind him with a loud "thunk". "Raizo gave you the offer of a lifetime and you're gonna let somebody like gramps in there brand you a bad guy and then just walk away like that's that? Big bad demon-sage and that's it?"

"You're a winds-damned coward."

[I'm either stopping Akkuma from leaving or we can take this to another thread, which-ever he prefers and is most convenient for everybody else since we've somewhat changed venues.]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
What hurt Kanmuri most wasn’t his amnesia. It wasn’t his lack of identity or past. It wasn’t the feeling of hopelessly drifting through life. It was loneliness. Complete and utter loneliness. And as the white haired man made his way through the Kazekage tower answering and interacting with people on auto-pilot, it was only made abundantly clearer. There was no one in that building who knew him. There wasn’t a soul who looked at him with eyes of excitement or bewilderment. There wasn’t a hint--a spark--of recognition in any of the eyes of those individuals. All that reflected from their eyes was a man who was fruitlessly alone in the world. Everything that he had done--everything that he had accomplished--meant nothing to them. The name “Kanmuri” was nothing to them. And that meant that he himself was nothing to the world.

On this day, Kanmuri was looking to change that. He needed the world to not only acknowledge him but to need him. It was because of this yearning that the, currently, purple-eyed man decided to attend the General Assembly hosted by the 11th Kazekage. The General Assembly was scheduled to be a gathering of high ranking individuals from all clans and cliques within Sunagakure no Sato. While the topic of discussion was unknown to wild haired man, one fact was known. If he was truly someone of importance--someone with worth; someone worth remembering--then at least one person there would recognize him. They’d be able to explain the scars that littered his bodies and were decorated over with tattoos. They’d be able to explain why the changing colors of his eyes. They’d have to be able to explain why his beastly left arm wasn’t similar to his humanly right arm. At the very least, someone there--at least one person--should give him that look of shock or recognition. A look that symbolized that he had lived and mattered to someone. A look that symbolized one, indisputable fact.

“Kanmuri” existed. Both as a name...and as a person.

So as he walked up the stairs to the meeting room, he could feel the forces within him begin to wage war. He could feel the powers within him begin to wage war with the prison cell that was his body. His dull, purple eyes would brighten into an illuminating, bright blue as his heart tried to forcefully punch its way out of his body. And with each punch, a surge of power would flow throughout his body--causing his animalistic left palm to curl into a
eye.gif
predatory claw ready to swipe. Under his hoodies, the hairs of his body would stand upright as the temperature of the blazing hot desert would seemingly drop to arctic levels causing shivers to run down his spine. With every step closer to the top of the stairs, his heart would only cry for escape more and more until, eventually, upon reaching the top of the staircase, they would climax upon seeing a particular man. His heart would now shake the bars of the prison cell it was trapped in--causing his vision to shake. His right eye would cycle between different colors while his left eye went through a more devious change. The white of his eye would be eaten up by a pitch-black darkness while his pupil and iris were replaced by two red rings. With brows that furrowed on their own and a body that was consumed with inexplicable rage, Kanmuri lunged forward to attack this individual.

In the hallway stood a short, green haired child who boasted emerald green eyes. Although being slightly muscular for his age, it wasn’t this character that called forth the eyes of Kanmuri. In the middle of the hallway, surrounded by what seemed to be bodyguards, was a man with an aura as sinister and cold as a starving blizzard looking for lives to claim. With hair as white as the blizzard snow, he stood tall and authoritatively with a menacing scar that ran across his face--a scar that reminded him of throbbing scars that painted his face and body. To say that Kanmuri’s body was looking for blood was an understatement.

It wanted a meal topped with this man’s dead body.

Event.jpg
However, in a moment of pure willpower, the feral man was able to grasp control of his body and urges. With a firm foot, he stopped his lunge forward and forcefully slammed his head into the wall of the hallway. The resulting impact forced blood to run from his head and mouth--his rage being replaced by waves of pain. It would be this pain that converted the momentary willpower into permanent clarity as the powers that lived inside of him settled down into an equilibrium. Now composed, he’d bring his bloodied head out of the walls and direct his glowing, blue eyes to the mischievous green eyes of the leader-like individual. With an angry look, he apologized to the man.

“Sorry, about that.”

And with that brief statement, Kanmuri would walk away and pull his hood up before addressing the green haired boy with his still angry face. “Excuse me, kid. I’ll be using this door.”

Opening the door, the bloodied, hooded man would direct his glowing blue eyes to Raizo, the leader of this nation--the Eleventh Kazekage--and address him with a serious tone to complement his fiery, furrowed brow look.

“My name is Kanmuri. Sorry I’m late.”

[MFT]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Keep walking." These would be the only words Yukina would mutter as Miroku Akkuma had passed by her. Raizo had never said it openly to her, but she knew how interested in getting Akkuma to join him he was, and how crushed he probably felt with how the Miroku member had handled it. She personally, never felt whatever Raizo saw in the person known as Akkuma. She was fine with him no longer being present around her lord.

Akkuma wouldn't only decline, he would salt the earth of the offer Raizo had made. Maybe he was wrong about Akkuma and everyone was right? Maybe he was nothing more than a demon. Maybe this was always going to be the case, whether it happened immediately or later on down the road, whether it was this open or it was more of a knife in the back, maybe all the feelings and beliefs that seemed to be present in this very room about Akkuma were all true. Even still, he didn't believe it. Akkuma was choosing to run from something concrete, something with comfort, because he believed he didn't deserve it or because he felt he was too far gone to have earned it. Either way, Raizo didn't believe this show was the Akkuma he believed was there.

That said, this wasn't an instance where he was left to dwell on his instincts. Instead, this was a circus, that while he felt mostly in control of, was finally starting to get to him. This was clearly due to his father's outburst, the question of if his father would actually use his full force against him, and all of this was underlined by not only a decline of friendship. It was spit upon. Again, Akkuma chose to salt the earth, which normally Raizo might have been able to shrug off as the bravado of an idiot... but this idiot, in this instance, was pulling at a chain he should not have been.

"I'm the foolish one... you just chose your schemes and criminal activities over creating a home here with your family..."

His top row of teeth would slide, griding across each indention, over his bottom row.

"A week? You seem to have misplaced something in our conversation... I have no need for the mercenary Akkuma, that existence is an element that provides nothing serviceable or beneficial to this village and its people. You had a chance, someone who told me they were using their clan to find a better life for their adopted family, to do that here. To do that with us... but you can't get out of your own selfish wants. You turned down a family and a home to chase your vanity desires..."

He would then turn his attention to Suzaku, even though the young man would have his head turned away from him.

"Suzaku, make sure at the end of your conversation that Akkuma is left outside of our gates, either under his own accord or with assistance. A week? You have an hour. If I ever catch the "mercenary Akkuma" back within our village walls again, I will personally deal with you."

A vein would begin to protrude from his forehead and neck. He also made sure to stress the word 'our', as that is how he viewed this whole paradigm. Akkuma didn't just turn down Raizo, he turned down everyone who made up the village he was the Kage of, he turned down the very clan he just welcomed into their structure. He turned down his kin.

"Maybe that is what it will take to knock some sense into your incredibly thick skull. But you want to play your little criminal role, that is fine, go act out your selfishness... but you won't be doing it in our village."

The sound of muffled popping could be heard as he closed his fist, tightly constricting the bones and muscles within it and sending several pockets of air releasing outwards.

"Suna will do what you never had the courage to do... or maybe that you never had the actual interest to do... we will provide the Miroku with an actual home."

With that, his eyes would snap to the one who had just entered the room, with a hood drawn over his face.

"Hello, Kanmuri."

With that, he would motion to Yukina to continue. Yukina would return to processing those within the room, giving them their assigned tasks. She would glance back at Raizo every so often and then turn her attention to Suzaku as he followed Akkuma. For her, it was telling that Raizo remembered Suzaku's name without being reminded, it meant that his mind was hyper-focused on this issue. She would give him time to digest all of what had transpired today. This was his first true outing as Kage, it was always going to be tough in some regards, but she couldn't imagine that he had mentally prepared for this.

OOC: Assignment of Event stuff will be rolling out by June 1st (hopefully sooner, but my work is about to get a little hectic during this upcoming period, so I am giving myself a little grace period... and allowing a chance for this thread to eventually settle lol)

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Event NPC - Ryuzaki Oga and NPC Koori
It was hilarious to Oga. Was this how things always went in Suna? That every worst-case scenario was always the reality. It seemed that it didn't really take all that much to push the off-putting element of Miroku Akkuma away from his son. With that stench now cleared away from his chosen heir, he could return his focus to his son.

"Don't trouble yourself too much, the mutt was always destined for this path; turn his back on the strays he picked up and march on to the next little group he could collect and use up. Better to see that now than let that virus infect your village."

Where his son made sure to stress the word 'our', Oga made sure to stress the word 'your'. To him, it was important for Raizo's development as Konungr to see this village for what it was, his own little world. He was the leader, these were his followers. This notion of being overly friendly, it was a habit he wanted to kill. This assembly would be the ignition point to bury his hooks into that topic and cutting it out of his son piece by piece. It was nice to see how it all unfolded in, albeit more chaotic than he expected, a manner that was favorable to his own pursuits. He also had taken in the name of the boy who had chosen to 'escort' Akkuma out.

"Koori, when I depart this village, I believe you should remain here. I have some things I would like for you to assist me with, but also would like you to keep tabs on Raizo's affairs following this meeting. I imagine Akkuma will attempt to sidestep his immediate exile, if that ultimately results in my son confronting him, then please alert me immediately."

"I thought Yukina served that purpose here for you?"

He would smirk a bit, "I had thought that as well, but it seems my son's personality is influencing her in a way that I don't have the time currently to reprogram out of her. So I need you, someone I can trust."

"Yes, Lord Oga."

Now, it was time to just sit back and watch.

Uziuke

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uziuke looked to Akkuma upon hearing his answer. The black swirls within the boy's eyes would vanish as his pupils returned to normal. 'I don't know what you're up to Akkuma, but I hope you'll stay safe out there.' The boy sighed. It seemed the meeting was coming to a close.

Uziuke would move over to Raizo. "Lord Kage, don't let Akkuma's choice stress you. We've been Mercenaries for most of our lives... for most of my life." The boy thought of his past teenage years, remembering the life of having no where to call home. It didn't help the boy's maturity much, but he grasped and held on and continued his life from a different viewpoint. He had to accept that with the destruction of his home, a lot of people lost their lives physically and mentally. Only a few were the same after the catastrophe, so he wasn't angry with Akkuma's decision. He almost knew his brother wouldn't take on Raizo's offer, but the hope within him told him that there was a chance he would. "I understand if you feel a certain way about him now. As one of the Miroku and as one of the shinobi of this village, I plan to do everything that I can to uphold the name of the village, and restore the name of the Miroku Clan, not only within this village, but nation wide if it comes down to it."

The fire in the boy's eyes stayed lit as he continued on. "Raizo, I only request one thing. I request to serve as an ANBU of this village. Not only to give the village aid, but also, if you ever want to send a squad out to search for Akkuma, I request that I be sent out on that mission." After those words the boy became silent. If there was ever an affair between Suna and Akkuma, Uzi made sure to include himself in the ordeal. He would be the Miroku representative from Suna that would confront his older brother. There was never bad blood between them, and there never would be. He wanted to make sure that he knew what happened to Akkuma first hand while out there.

After speaking with Raizo, Uzi would ask if he could see Akkuma out the gates, watching as the green haired one awaited for Akkuma's decision.
---

(( Asking for promotion to ANBU ))

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
The Sage paused momentarily at Yukina's words. Despite the emotions he was feeling & the racing of his heart the half-demon managed to keep his control. Conceding to himself that she was right, things were too volatile to risk further combusting things. That was when Raizo's words began to roar out of the assembly after Akkuma. It required all of his self control to not charge back into the room & give the Kazekage his true opinion on this offer of his. Hands shaking he wondered how much longer his instinct for conflict could be contained. That was when the young Sunahoshi heir appeared before him. Suzaku's words served only to fuel the storm raging within the Sage. "...tsk." Perhaps the last of his control was spent refraining himself from lashing out at the naive youth, making an audible sound of restraint as he bit back the words he desired to speak.

Almost as if sent by the Fates to further torment the half-breed. There was an unnatural animosity projected from the newcomer at the Sage. In the heat of the moment he recognized something about the individual. It was then the newcomer began to lunge at him. Before he could react they slammed face first into a nearby wall. The act was one that briefly subsided his own animosity as he tried to contemplate why the individual had done so. Raizo's words continued to echo down the chamber & he wondered if the young Kazekage would uphold the threats echoing out of the assembly. A disgruntled apology once more drew his attention to the newcomer. He couldn't shake that there was something familiar about them as they proceeded passed him. Oga appeared to be enjoying himself given his use of language, showing the confidence he felt in this situation.

Finally it happened between the threats from the Kazekage, down to the insolence shown by not just him but Oga & the Sunahoshi youth. Cursed chakra would begin to crackle around the Sages form as his unnatural instincts demanded he do something. It was then the newcomer declared who they were. It was his son Kanmuri, evidently his own change had been vastly more significant then that of his brother. That was enough to explain unbridled animosity he had felt from the shinobi. Those emerald eyes of his would snap to meet the gaze of the Sunahoshi heir. "Let me show you what the other alternative was." the words would be almost snarled at the youth as he turned on the spot. Storming passed his retinue of kinsmen he would hiss a whispered order to them. "Update the clan & keep the peace in my absence." with those words his Agents would vanish down the hall & out of the building. By whatever means was necessary, no doubt in their minds about their Lord. No matter what happened he would return to them, it would just be a matter of when.

With that done he proceeded back down the hall slamming open the doors to the assembly as he entered. That unnatural chakra of his crackled around him. When he spoke his words his words were almost snarled out. His hands shaking as he fought to control the maelstrom he felt within him. To those that could feel such things there would seem to be an inescapable sense of bloodlust from all around them. His aura engulfing all those who were still present. "Listen to me Lord Raizo for I will not repeat myself." The floor beneath his feet would groan & creak from the pressure being exerted by his chakra. "Do not mistake me for some fool or renegade. You should be thanking me for rejecting your empty offer!" he would roar the words at the young Kazekage making no attempt to hide the rage he was feeling towards Raizo. Emerald eyes holding the Ryuzaki heir in their gaze as he did a sweeping gesture to all those present.

"Despite whatever noble intentions you believe yourself to have had it is nothing more then an empty act of rebellion against your father!" he would snarl & for the briefest moment it would perhaps become apparent to those present that it was in fact pain causing him to act as he was. "As we speak I have numerous projects underway in my name! Not just within this country but many of the other nations as well! These things take time to peacefully withdraw from...given you have seen but a glimpse of what I do to uphold my word. What consequences do you think would require such drastic measures?!" as his words roared through the assembly his heart thundered in his chest. His instincts demanded he remove that smug look from Lord Oga's face by force & yet the pain he felt kept him focused upon Raizo. The Sage had wanted nothing more then to truly settle into this village & yet he could not do so when it would be so careless. Part of him even wondered if his words would reach the Ryuzaki heir or would they be lost to his emotions. Could he truly make the Kazekage understand? He needed to try no matter what it cost him. Akkuma would not allow Raizo to undermine himself by making the same mistake Hayate Shin had. To cause a divide between himself & his own people due to his noble belief of redeeming the demon.

"By all means tell me I'm wrong that my concerns are misplaced & that you have not simply played right into the hands of Lord Oga." his words no longer held that animosity instead they would seem disheartened. As he spoke he would shrug off the shoulder parts of his robe, lowering the torso half to his waist. Revealing not just numerous scars covering his body but more importantly were the seals that covered his form. For those that had the capability to see chakra they would see there was little to no part of his visible form that was untouched by the seals. Numerous seals that utilized his demonic enzymes to bind themselves to the targets chakra system. To those who were adept with sealing knowledge they would know be able to see the Sage was using an altered version of the Reverse Four Symbols Sealing technique. A dangerous sealing technique that would destroy the wearer, this knowledge would no doubt cause those such individuals to grow concerned. There were a myriad of seals upon him was not contained to just one type, some clearly experimental. "During my tenure as a shinobi I have created a variety of seals, perhaps the most important is my variant of the Reverse Four Symbols Sealing technique. One capable of being configured to trigger upon set conditions instead of requiring remote activation." he spoke continuing on through the hushed whispers of the crowd. After all such sealing techniques had been used frequently in the past but such things were rarely openly discussed by clans.

There would be members of those present who would suddenly understand how the Sage kept such a tight hold over those in his service. But to those who understood such work they would be able to see that there were many attuned to bind the wielder. This individual had bound those who served under him but also himself. Only those of his kin who wished to delve deeper into the clans work possessed such seals. The Miroku Clan took compartmentalization to extreme levels. After all the reach & influence of the clan was vast. They couldn't risk having the clan & those it worked with incriminated, should any of their work be exposed. Given the nature of their Lord bindings needed to be implemented in order to ensure it could not be used to betray them. "I am bound to this village in more then one way Lord Raizo...if you cannot see fit to give me the time I need then you make your position on the matter clear." he would say as he lifted the torso of his clothing back into position once more concealing his seals & scars. Not even Uziuke had been aware if this side of his brother. What little he had witnessed had always been for the betterment of their people. More often then not he had been right & so his kin had never had a reason to question his methods.

But as his emerald eyes shifted their gaze to his brother wondering just how he would be affected by today. What their future held for them all. Let alone what the Fates had install for his sons. Riyota still harbored a hatred for him that Akkuma doubted would ever dull. Meanwhile Kanmuri had almost attacked him at first sight, these were just some of the things he needed to make amends for & he doubted if he ever could. Despite these things he would not waver from his path, his conviction would not falter no matter the cost. "The Fates have no intention of letting me rest Lord Raizo, if my words have not given you new clarity on the situation. Then I can only hope they keep our paths diverged from one another...I have no desire to harm you nor do I wish to rob this village of the noble future you wish for it. But should you come for me my conviction will not waver...I will endure as I always have." this bordered on a threat & would've been best left to till they were in a more private situation, but the Sage could care not for who heard his words. Let any who dared come for him. Their actions would be irrelevant for in the end he would remain. When Mist had succumbed to the great winter he had endured. While others fell to the natural order of death, he fought on. Persisting in his undeath for it was his path to watch over shinobi & endure as they must.

[Stopped from Leaving]
OOC: Won't stop those from leaving who wish to be ushered out or sneak out of thread.

Jintou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
And just like that, wisdom and purpose fell to the wayside for the theatre that was mankind and its illusion of grandeur. Ego often conquers all; and despite the adage about love, it loses, trampled underfoot, and humiliated by selfish desire. If the so-called demon sage truly felt some love for his kin, it was his own self-possession and bonds made to his ill-gotten gains that ruined some tangible happiness for Akkuma. Was the Miroku Clan really so important to their village— and worse, so bound to Akkuma that he was absolved from apparent crimes? Would banishment be a fitting penance for the scoundrel if his kin remained within Sunagakure, gaining more prestige while their puppetmaster watched approvingly from the shadows? Letting him walk away was hubris at best, and negligible to anyone with a firm sense of right and wrong. In one thousand-thousand futures, you will make the right choice and his head will fall into a basket of wilting flowers for all to see.

The trial of the demon sage was like a bottomless tar pit that consumed the attention in the room, and hushed whispers of something more worthy of their concerns. Even Jintou bit down on his lingering fear of that which they termed Dominus. Unlike the ninja within the war room, or their noble houses, Jintou’s tribe existed in the free lands far beyond the protections of the Primus Bulwark. When he joined the ninja academy, young Jintou understood that the Hidden Sand served the Wind Country when needed. Almost ironically, many of these people’s concerns seemed as distant from that purpose as Jintou was from his family by being there. If he continued to do nothing, that barricade might become a front-row view of his tribe’s demise. They’d likely have no idea what was coming, and it was up to Jintou to see to their warning if no one else cared.

“Sir!” Jintou dared to call out, a cry hitting the morass like a dinghy trembling on rocky seas. It was a call upwards, whether that was Raizo himself or the knowledgeable Ranger General. “Do we know how or where the… unbent, are found, or moving? What do they want?” Stares from strange faces unmoved by his outcry had Jintou bouncing his inflection, almost stopping three times in a stutter. “And what do we do about the isolated people who might be in their path? They’ll be like… livestock for those monsters!”

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Akkuma..."

Now he was being lectured by the person who claimed that he could never understand his 'family' dynamic on his own personal family relationship. If Raizo had been able to think about this clearly, he might have been able to have a more clear conversation on the hypocrisy at play, or maybe even attempt to correct Akkuma on how his words were coming off. Instead, it just was a dumb knife getting turned further by a dumb person. The words were grating. This selfish man just wanted to do selfish things. In his mind, it was becoming clearer and clearer why people talked of this person the way they did. It would now become even more important for him to liberate the Miroku from their rotten head. Akkuma was poison to the people he had adopted and to this village. Did he still hope he could save this person?

"You now have 55 minutes to get out of our village... Uziuke, your request is granted."

He hoped that Suzaku would take care of the matter from this point onward. His mind would now turn to the panicking plead from the younger member of the audience.

"What do we do? The answer is simple, no? Yukina, what assignment is that boy tasked with?"

The pink-haired assistant would flip through her papers before stopping and answering, "He is a representative of the Oba Clan, as such he would receive a request for refugee assistance to bring to his clan." Some of the plans for those in attendance had to be vaguer because it wasn't certain who would show up on their behalf or what the capabilities for some of the more fringe elements of the village were capable of, in this case, Yukina wasn't certain that the Oba were in the village or if this was their sole member assigned to their ranks to assist.

"Send that request directly to the Oba, as for you..." "Jintou." "As for you, Jintou... round up your classmates. You and those in the academy who were able, along with Uzi here and myself... and the Ranger General if he wants to come... will be tasked with some desert clean up and investigation."

He would reposition himself in his sitting position, now sitting firmly upright, a sense of passion and energy returning to him as his mind shifted back to the task at hand from the quagmire of Akkuma. "We won't be the only clean-up crew, but I have something I would like to see for myself. I also want our current class of students to be prepared more thoroughly with the reality of the threat we are facing... will you accept this assignment, Jintou?"

He assumed Uzi would be on board, and if Riyota was not then he would use the information that the Ranger had to give to assist the cleanup process.

Fytdz8I.png

Event Mission Participants: Raizo, Jintou, Uziuke, any additional students who would like to join
Optional: Riyota

Other assignments incoming soon!​

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Event NPC - Ryuzaki Oga and NPC Koori

"How adorable. It talks condescendingly to you about how you don't understand its "family" dynamics... but is suddenly a scholar when it comes to you and me."

In his mind, Akkuma had been defeated as easily as he had crept up. There was nothing serious about the demon, just a raving fool that may have understood the art of manipulation and deception, but seemed hellbent on pushing everyone and everything away in some vain attempt to show how strong he was... or whatever frivolous goal he was trying to reach by using his amassed power and gang of strays. He was no king, merely a thug who had been treated very softly the past few years in this village, a village that had turned to pamper his little whims. He was a small dog who enjoyed his kennel of Suna... it was a shame his ambition was so small. He barked so loudly for a little mutt.

Now all that remained was to watch the show of the green-haired boy remove the demon from their sight. He couldn't help but let loose a thin-lipped smile.

Yukina would continue passing out the assignments, and eventually everyone present, minus a collapsed soldier who had been acting erratically and the 'head' of the Miroku clan himself, would be aware of what task they were being given. Their teams, however, would not be known to them at this point. There would be instructions for where and when to meet, and upon that meeting location, whoever was present, would receive the actual briefing that the written assignment couldn't fully go into.

Group 2: Investigate Yamori Station
"You've been chosen with our efforts to appease the request of the Golden Sanctuary Merchant Guild and their concern surrounding their Yamori Station. While we may not fully trust the GSMG at this moment, this request is one we will be acting upon as this isn't just about them... it is about the people who have started to gather around this train station and create a home for themselves. This mission will be about helping the GSMG in clearing off 'obstructions' to their tracks and the station itself, but also a fact-finding mission on the status of the developing village and its people."

Yukina would clench tightly a piece of paper in her hand, one that had the name of Akkuma on it, that she would then pocket for herself. Where one name was lost, another name would be added

ezgif-com-gif-maker-10.png

Group 1: Investigate Terminus
"You've been selected to aid in an effort to better understand the hub of the Golden Sanctuary Merchant Guild's transportation and logistics operation, Terminus. Our actual knowledge of what is happening at this location is sparse, only what has been openly reported from the mouths of the GSMG themselves. We need to know if we can fully trust this group, and you will be needed to see if things are as they say. As we are running a concurrent mission to aid the GSMG, it is imperative that your work in this mission remains secret. Do not get caught or noticed. Do whatever it takes to remain a shadow. You've been selected based on your skill set or ability to come off as non-threatening, use any skill at your disposal to infiltrate."

This mission was a result of the Ryuzaki clan members being killed, and in an effort to beef up their muscle of this specialized force, Raizo would retroactively have the returning Ranger General added to the mission. His skills, especially those gained surviving in the desert, would hopefully prove useful.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-8.png

OOC: Threads will be made soon and messaged out and/or pinged to all related parties. Some of you might be currently a bit inactive, but that will be fine and we will work with whoever is available at the time and work in others when they can get back to us!

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
A sigh would escape his lips. "Ah not a noble fool just a blind one. So be it I'll leave you to your Fate for now Lord Raizo." he would say before those emerald eyes of his held Lord Oga as the man made his remarks. "You're fooling no one least of all me." he would say in response before turning to depart. Stopping only to say one last final thing to the son he had yet to address. "Despite the animosity you & your brother share. At least you're alive...try not to die in my absence there is much we have to discuss Kanmuri." with those words he would nod a farewell to his brother & head out of the room into the hall. Stopping only momentarily beside Suzaku to give him the time for whatever farewells he needed to say to Yukina before they headed to the Bulwark. The Sage had no intention of leaving Wind Country nor Sunagakure permanently. Whether they wanted him there or not. They were shinobi & he would not see them fall as the other villages had. His aid would be needed & when it was he would be ready. Until then he would make the necessary preparations. No matter the cost.

Akkuma would depart with Suzaku towards the Bulwark. The Sage wondered if Raizo thought the boy being designated with the task of removing him from the village would ensure his compliance. After all despite the behavior he had demonstrated he had shown a tendency to favor the broken individuals. No more likely it would prove to be a test for Suzaku. Would he be someone that Raizo could trust to enact his will? Given their encounter in the Kazekage's Office one might think the answer would be obvious. In the end none of it would matter. Not the torment the fates had inflicted upon him this day or the hard decisions he would have to make from this point forward. All that mattered was that he endured & to ensure they had the assets needed to brave the calamity on the horizon.

Individuals would need to be turned. Ones he knew had the right motivations to get the results he needed. Usually a simple enough task but with his banishment that would no longer be the case. Fortunately his clan was still permitted to be within the village & it would seem gain new status. At least he would not have to concern himself with their well being. His full focus could now be on moving the necessary pieces into place. Being cast out & with no allies to call upon was an image that would serve him well. Despite what they would believe he was not & would never be as alone as they saw him to be. Something that would come to light in the days to pass.

[Topic Left w/ Suzaku]
[Enjoyed the thread! Let me know if there is any Event stuff I can sneak on into. =P ]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kazu remained silent, through the drama and the distractions, stoically observing this theater production play out. He drew no attention to himself, merely listening and watching, until it seemed clear that the final curtain was closing. Still, despite the myriad tangents which seemed to derail and obfuscate the initial intent of the meeting, there had been several useful nuggets to take away. 'Dominus. The Golden Sanctuary Merchant Guild. Terminus. So many questions, so few answers...'

It seemed Raizo intended to have his cake and eat it too. Sunagakure was not well regarded in the current political landscape; so, to alleviate that, he would appear to play nice with the new kid on the block, Zennyo Ryūō, while at the same time using that relationship to learn more about the mysterious leader.

Ryūō was the chairman of the Golden Sanctuary Merchant's Guild — a man who had suddenly taken to the spotlight, promising equality, glory, power, and wealth for the average citizen of Wind Country and to anyone who would follow him into this "new age" of his own design. He claimed he would do things better than Sunagakure ever had, painted the village and the shinobi who inhabited it as villains and obstructions of progress, and all the while seemed to make good on his promises seemingly overnight. Trains, steam power, oil... miracles of science produced nearly overnight, all meant to render the villainous shinobi of Sunagakure obsolete.

And that was just one side of the problems they faced! Dominus, a supposed leader of the Unbent, represented another issue altogether. A two-front war, each enemy diametrically different from the other. On one side, there was a mythical entity controlling nightmarish abominations that were hell-bent on destroying life as they knew it — one the other side, there was a modern tycoon backed by science, progress, and mysterious influence who was... hell-bent on destroying life as they knew it.

Two opposites, meeting in the same place, with Sunagakure stuck right in the middle of it all.

'None of it smells right,' thought Kazu. While the drama of the Miroku Clan dragged on, the young Ryuzaki seemed to stare into nothingness as he considered all the pieces laid before them. 'And I'll bet Raizo agrees.' They needed more information. They needed to get their feelers out there. And if the Ryuzaki Clan had already tried and failed to do so...

Kazu found himself snapping back to reality as a hand tapped him on the back of his shoulder. The pink haired Yukina held out a slip of paper in her hand for him to take. Wordlessly taking the note, with a faint smile of appreciation and thanks, Kazu read over the mission brief assigned to him. 'Reconnaissance and stealth? Investigating Terminus from the inside?' Kazu was not sure why Raizo had thought to include him on this mission, but he was incredibly grateful for the opportunity. In Kazu's opinion, there were far more qualified individuals for such a mission; however, he would not back down, and he would not disappoint. Hoping to wordlessly catch Raizo's gaze at some point, Kazu would silently bow his head in acknowledgement of his older cousin's gesture of trust. 'I will work hard to live up to those expectations.'

Tucking his assignment into the sleeve of his kimono, Kazu quietly excused himself from the meeting. He didn't feel it necessary to make a scene of his departure. In fact, the fewer eyes on him, the better. There was much to prepare. There was much to process. Like pieces on a game board, things were starting to fall into place. The only question, now, was how the village's next moves would play out? Kazu, for one, intended to do everything he could to shift their cause towards victory.

'Terminus, huh?' thought Kazu, as he slowly made his way through the milling crowd of the War Room. 'What dark secrets are you hiding? What price did you pay for your progress? Eh, Ryūō?' Kazu had a few theories, but nothing concrete. He was interested to see what evidence he and his team could uncover. 'It's time to see just how "progressive" you and yours truly are.'

[OOC: Topic Left Unless Stopped. Onward to Terminus! o7]

Uziuke

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uzi nodded. He looked towards Raizo, "I'll see you there." Uzi said as he began on his way out. He had a few things to take care of before heading to the meeting spot. The mission didn't sound complicated at all. Clean up and investigating the desert. He traveled the sands before, so he knew a little about what to expect out there.

The events of the assembly were still fresh in his mind. A lot had transpired in such a short amount of time. Feelings became mingled, a few began threatening one another. Then his brother was banished from the village. He could only wonder how the events of today would effect what would happen tomorrow. All in all, it sounded as though it would come down to each team completing the missions they were given. Depending on each team's success, this Dominus threat could possibly be put down. Would that guaruntee the safety of the village?

Only time would time would tell. Regardless Uzi promised he would be there to defend the Sands. Whatever threat the village faced, would now rest on the boy's shoulders. He would help get that weight off of the village, no matter how heavy it was. Uzi left behind Akkuma, his hands in his pockets as he tried to ignore the attitudes in the room. Feeding the flames wouldn't help anyone in the room, so he would keep the peace by holding his peace.

---
[ Topic Left ]
(( Loved the topic guys. Let's do this again next year! XP! ))

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back