Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Congratulations!?!? [Calling New Sennin]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OoC: Everything up until "A Short While Later" is backstory about how council came to decisions you can skip if you like. :p]

Ayumu had been in so many meetings since ascending to the seat of Raikage it was ridiculous. He had never interacted so much with the council, and now he was glad for it. Sure, they were trying to figure out what was best for Kumo. Sure, they heard Ayumu's opinions... they just didn't always listen. The hot topic of late had been who would take the positions of Sennin that were available. Kahako had been forced to step down for personal reasons and of course the seat of the Main Branch Sennin was now open after Ayumu had vacated it. The Medical Sennin position had been open since before Ayumu even became Raikage so that was the first decision to make.

While Kahako was Sennin she had elected to make Shinrya Kitsune her second-in-command despite the ire this drew. Kitsune was a brilliant Med-nin, nobody could honestly deny that. Unfortunately, she would always have the black mark on her record of being demoted from the Sennin position when it was revealed that she had stood aside and allowed others to kill Shin and Daisuke without raising a hand in their defense and then remained silent about it until cornered by Saito. Aside from that, the council also saw risk in allowing the Shinrya clan too much power- something that might threaten even their positions. On the other hand, Saito had been grooming Junko as his choice for the next Sennin and Junko's own list of transgressions were much less extreme. The council did not have to deliberate too long to make this decision and Ayumu could not truly oppose it even if the anger he felt over Kitsune had dissipated mostly.

The decision for Main Branch Sennin was next. This one drew quite a lot of deliberation. The choices for this position were few. There was no second-in-command. Ayumu could not truly think of a candidate who was of Jounin rank and fully prepared for the responsibilities. He had been searching the entire time he had been Sennin. He had his eyes on a couple of shinobi, but they were too fresh and wouldn't be well received. Having no candidates to put forward himself, the council took matters fully into their own hands. Having members from two powerful clans within the village, the Santaru and the Kagetsu, the council pushed to have candidates from those clans considered. Kagetsu Yuii had been a Jounin for some time despite spending most of that time outside of the village. She didn't care much for her Kagetsu name, but others saw it as useful. Santaru Yoshi, the head of the Santaru clan, was a Jounin who showed promise. He was forced to step away from duty for a time but had recently reentered service.

Ultimately, the Kagetsu name prevailed for the vying over Main Branch Sennin. She had been active in the Main Branch for a while now, even if that time was spent outside of the village. She may not have had a spotlight on her activities the way those who spent more time in the village did, but she had dutifully worked for the branch for a long time. Ayumu had only just met her, but knew she was working hard in her new position as an Academy Teacher. It was a stretch because he couldn't be sure yet of her ability to lead, but given the lack of other options he had to concede to the council's decision. He would make sure to provide some mentoring as the former holder of the position. They were on good terms already, hopefully it remained that way.

Despite not being placed in the position of the Main Branch Sennin, the council still buzzed with conversation over Santaru Yoshi. The Santaru clan was not pleased to have their clan leader disregarded. A surprising push was made suddenly to place him in the position of ANBU Sennin despite the branch already having a Sennin. Kouin had entered the village as a hostile threat and had even killed two of Cloud's shinobi. Despite this, Saito had decided to give him a chance and make him the ANBU Sennin- a decision which shocked basically everyone. Ayumu had never agreed with this decision and still didn't. He respected Saito, but that didn't mean he had to always agree. Despite this, Kouin had done an admirable job despite the hostility he faced from his men. Additionally, he already had the ANBU training. Yoshi did not have this.

Ayumu argued against this decision more than either of the others. In his opinion, Yoshi was not fit until he had experienced what it was like to be in ANBU. They could let Kouin continue as he was. They could let Hyazo take over. Just keep an ANBU in the position. Despite his protests, the council's influence outweighed his in this decision. To placate him, they asked that he personally train Yoshi to ensure he got the training he needed. Additionally, they granted him the right to decide, after a period of time, whether Yoshi was really suited for the position and if not they also gave him the right to fire him, so to speak. If he did manage to pass Ayumu's standards he would be fully promoted to ANBU Sennin. Ayumu was not prepared to pull some sort of power move to intimidate the council into deciding otherwise this early in his career as Raikage. At least he had the ability to judge Yoshi at the end of the trial period. Begrudgingly, he accepted their decision for now.

Now it was time to inform the new Sennin.

---A Short While Later--

Ayumu was still getting settled into his new office. The Raikage's office was decidedly larger than he was used to. Most of his things had been moved from the Sennin office to his one, but not everything had been set up yet. Some pictures still leaned against the wall waiting to be hung. A couple of boxes sat in the corner with various knickknacks that hadn't been dispersed through the room yet. The oh-so fashionable kage hat and robes hung on a coat hanger. Ayumu had decided he would only wear those when he had to. Honestly, he felt that he looked silly in them, but he felt that way about any Raikage really.

The call had been put out to the three new Sennin. They did not yet know why they were being called to meet with the Raikage, but they soon would. Ayumu did not truly look forward to this. Junko might have been ready for the position given that he was interviewed for it before by Saito. The other two, however, would likely be very surprised. Yuii would probably hate him for not shooting the idea down immediately. Ayumu groaned. Being the Raikage was hard, dammit! He did have more lackeys to shove paperwork off on to, at least. For now, he sighed deeply and leaned back in his chair waiting for the three of them to arrive.

[Requesting Junko, Yuii, and Yoshi!]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A letter had arrived. One directed at him, with the seal of the official Raikage of Kumogakure. A not very surprising thing, considering he had known Ayumu from the past. And it was assumed Ayumu just wanted to catch up, maybe involve Yoshi in some fascinating mission, or job. The font wasn't anything to get hyped about, the lettering and penmanship was of a systematically trained hand, by no means creative, 'probably an assistant to the Kage' he assumed by his own merits. All his letters he wrote himself, he took too much care into the art to ever allow anyone else to express his words and emotions through penmanship.
Naturally, he couldn't blame the Kage, he might be too busy to handle such "trivial" matters, he sneered at himself as he thought.

He chose a colourful robe of his, a purple garment with diamond shaped yellow fields within, laying across his shoulder, wavering in the wind as he moved. within a white tightly fitted shinobi outfit revealed himself as a shinobi. He made his shinobi guards wear their purple tight shinobi robes. Making the entrance of himself a proper one, at least proper for the leader of the Santaru Clan.

As he entered the building, his long blond hair resting on his shoulders flowed with every step he took. The woman behind the desk seemed almost entranced as he entered. And as he turned his head to look upon her with his bright lightning-blue eyes, you could almost hear her ovaries explode as her mouth fell agape and her glasses drop from the bridge of her nose. "Santaru Yoshi to see the Raikage" one of the assistants of Yoshi spoke to her, but alas, no reaction was to be seen from her. So they continued onwards.

As he approached the door to the office, he waved his hand, signaling for the Shinobi to stay behind, by the doors to look out for others coming to the door. Only allowing those with invitations to enter, naturally. Simply watching. Standing close.

A few swift knocks on the door was all the warning Ayumu was going to receive. Before he made his entrance, swiftly pushing the double doors making his robe relish in the wind making the garments on his shoulders wave forward. "Kogami!" He shouted. He walked inside looking about quickly glancing side to side, noticing the condition of the room.
"Such a sorry state my friend, shouldn't you be sprucing up this room a bit more? These dreary colors are so depressing!"
He walked further up, shifting his glance at the man sitting in the chair.
"Y'know, I heard about this fuang shi-thing, it's supposed to improve energy flow of rooms, you should look into that."
Walking up close he bowed with elegance, precision, and speed, exactly as the books would show if anyone would dare to even look upon them.
Standing back up, he smiled at Ayumu. "I send you a letter of congratulations, and in return I receive a private invitation, quite the honor you bestow me, my friend."
"So what's the situation?" He asked with a query in his tone. Still standing not more than two feet from the table Ayumu sat at when Yoshi had entered.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii had risen early that day. The Jounin woman had big plans, most of which revolved around Ayumu, and catching the proverbial worm was important. She had been notified the day before she was wanted for a meeting and coincidentally she'd been intending to see the newly appointed Raikage about her own matters.

First had been picking up the usual array of sweets to share with the newly appointed Raikage. The best of the best was rolled out early in the morning when the first rays of sunlight were kissing the horizon. Her favorite, and thus the best, bakery happened to be nestled in a nook of the Cronopolis. They put double the effort into the sweets she bought too, knowing that there would be good money for good wares and if they were lucky a bit of fame came from them. It did mean a long walk back to the Torre Celeste, but Ayumu, and cake, was worth it.

By Yuii's limited experience of Raikage, she assumed that he would be extra hungry after experiencing the many hurdles of the Raikage title. Her Aunt had often forgotten to eat, and it would be in poor taste for Yuii to let history repeat itself. By now the new Raikage could be reduced to skin and bones.

She also needed him to be in the best mood. The very very best. She had a favour ask that was bordering on insanity.

"Oh no, Kogami-sama." she practised as she walked, her blue scarf fluttering stiffly in morning the breeze. "I only missed your coronation in order to let my beloved friend into the village. Oh, and he also happens to be a former ninja from another village. No big deal, except I've been lying in all my records about him for the last eight years." The few early morning zombies eyed her warily, put off by one who seemed so very at home with the dawn. The secret, she might have told them, was to be so nervous the sleep eluded you. Impending doom with a very energy inducing matter. She could only hope Ayumu's passive nature worked in her favour now.

Her monologue continued as she picked her way up the stairs of the Torre Celeste, "Oh You didn't even read those? You fell asleep? Well thank goodness. Well I'm vouching for him, and also could you see it in your heart to let him become a Cloud Shinobi? Just a little favour, right? Well before you answer you just eat another one of these cakes." It was a long shot, but beyond their first meeting Yuii had never really had a serious conversation with her Sennin. Overall he seemed like the type to deal with things in the most positive way but, well, she'd never really done anything WRONG either. Not that protecting Sunuke had been the wrong thing to do in her eyes, but what the village though and what she thought often didn't align. "Oh that was so delicious you're going to say yes without thinking about it!? Thank-you soooo much." That was exactly how things were going to work out she hoped, with the inclusion of happy munching and a raise.

It was strange to not turn off towards the Main Branch offices. The Legation had almost become a comfortable place to be with Ayumu as Sennin. It would be strange, she realised, to serve a different Sennin. She could only hope the next choice was as tolerant of her as Ayumu had been. She wasn't going to trouble the new pick too soon, she decided, but there would be muffins.

The secretary for the Raikage was much more official than the one designated for the Main Branch. Yuii flashed them a sunny smile and offered her a muffin, a repeat of her first meeting with Ayumu, but this one seemed un-wavered by kindness or sweets."Hello, I'm here to see Kogami, Ayumu!"

"Yes, Kagetsu-sama. He's expecting you." the secretary answered passively, making no move to take the muffin.

The gatekeepers to the Raikage were the secretaries, she decided, so they probably couldn't be taking bribes. "Oh wonderful!" she sang, un-phased. She would get this one to like her too- Yuii only had time. She left the muffin behind.

The trek to the office was a flash, and by habit Yuii barely rapped her knuckles on the door before entering. She -was- expected.

"Good morning Ay-ogami-sama!" Yuii choked, blanched and quickly changed to Ayumu's last name. She stood awkwardly, stunned as she tried to process what she had done. Yuii was unaccustomed to arriving during one of Ayumu's meetings. Knock properly hadn't been an issue really, because the secretary at the Legation has always warned her. She couldn't fathom why she would be needed at the same time as the blond in fancy dress. But wait, hadn't the secretary said he was expecting her? What was this? She had a letter!

Yuii opened and closed her mouth twice, then on the third try found her voice again. "Oh! Hello lovely, blonde, Adonis! Good thing I brought extras. Could you imagine how embarrassing that would be? About as embarrassing as walking in on someone else's meeting! I should be waiting outside, shouldn't I? You two take a cake and I'll just go and find myself a nice waiting place out there." Yuii spoke cheerfully, ducking forward and around Yoshi to put the array of muffins and cakes on Ayumu's desk, "Sorry for the trouble!"

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So many meetings had left Ayumu in a bit of a mood. Things hadn't turned out exactly how he had wanted them. To be honest, two of these candidates would not have been considered for Sennin under normal circumstances. Of course, his first Sennin position was given to him under unusual circumstances as well. That was difficult and he wasn't thrilled to be pushing it upon two others. Yoshi, especially, was up for a challenge. He wondered if either of them would accept the council's decision. Yes, they were technically obligated to, but one could not literally force them to do anything. Mulling over it in his mind Ayumu was thrown out of his musing by three sharp knocks at the door. He looked up just in time to see Yoshi enter without waiting for permission. Calling Ayumu's family name he flowed into the room like a breeze and began remarking on the unfinished state of the office. Ayumu glanced around having temporarily forgotten about decoration understandingly. Usually upon reaching the station of Raikage one had one or two Sennin ready to support them in the transition. Ayumu had stepped up without that and so the transition wasn't the easiest. Some less important things had fallen to the wayside.

"I've had a lot on my plate, as you can imagine. Not much time to worry about... energy flow," Ayumu said gruffly. He would probably never really concern himself with that, though, to be honest. Yoshi stepped forward and gave a practiced bow before raising his head and mentioning the congratulations he had sent. The friendship bracelet remained on Ayumu's desk where he had first put it. He had forgotten his idea to wear it when he met Yoshi next. When he mentioned a private invitation Ayumu realized the misunderstanding he might have about this. The one who sent out the invitations must have failed to mention that they would not be alone.

That would quickly become apparent as Yuii barged in unannounced as she usually did calling him by some strange amalgamation of his first and last names. She was even more of an awkward potato than usual, clearly having not expected to see Yoshi standing in Ayumu's office. She took a moment to recover before addressing the Santaru clan head in a greeting. Ayumu couldn't help but chuckle as she fumbled to quickly excuse herself from the room as if she had accidentally walked into the men's bathroom. Ayumu raised his hand to stop her from leaving.

"Hold on Yuii, you're in the right place at the right time. This is Santaru Yoshi, head of the Santaru clan's main branch," Ayumu told her, gesturing to Yoshi. "And this is Kagetsu Yuii, a Jounin of the Main Branch," he continued, gesturing next to Yuii. "I called both of you here at the same time intentionally. We had a third guest, but I've just received word that he's been held up," Ayumu explained, hopefully stopping Yuii from fleeing. He would speak with Junko later, it wouldn't do to keep these two awkwardly standing in his office while they waited. "I won't make you wait for him, though. You both must be wondering why you're in my office with a stranger," Ayumu said. He beckoned to the three chairs arranged opposite him in front of his desk. "You may want to take a seat. I have some... news," he concluded, waiting for them to take a seat if they wanted.

It was just then that a devious thought crossed his mind. He had thought to just break the news to them immediately, but maybe a small prank would lighten the mood a little. Perhaps the relief over finding out he first set of news was a lie would soften the blow of the actual news. Or maybe he just liked screwing with people. Maybe with a little luck Junko would show up in the meantime.

"Your respective clans have requested that I bring this to you myself. You see..." Ayumu paused for dramatic effect as if preparing to break the news to them. "They have arranged for you two to be married, in order to solidify a partnership between your venerable clans, asking that I officiate it in an expedient manner. But don't fret! They have already prepared your vows and I have your rings here in my drawer," Ayumu explained, patting the top of his desk over one of his drawers. He was already starting to cheer up just looking at the expressions on their faces.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A smirk appeared upon his lips as a woman opened the door, brashly utilizing some foreign name-calling of Ayumu, her vast strikingly blue eyes captured Yoshi's attention within the split second he had turned his head to look upon her. He couldn't help but stare ever so slightly, just silently taking in the beauty and reading her body language.
"And hello to you too, lovely aphrodite." He commented in return with a cheeky grin. He examined the muffins with a critical eye, as he reached out to grab one from the tray.
Ayumu's agenda would quickly reveal itself from his own lips, revealing it was naught but planned that they would meet in this situation.

As Ayumu introduced Yoshi, he would bow nonchalantly towards her, "Lovely to see you" he would say as Ayumu introduced Yuii. Listening further he started to question why there would've been a third party. 'What kind of arrangement would a Raikage have to do with three other people at the same time?' he couldn't help but question to himself.
But alas, he didn't manage to establish a sufficient answer to himself before being beckoned over to sit in the chairs. He would first pull out the middle chair for Yuii, if she sat in it, he would quickly sit in the one to the right. (If she ignored Yoshi, he would sit in the one he pulled out)

Yoshi would listen intently to Ayumu, intrigued by the news he had. 'my clan? How is my own clan requesting anything? Is it my damn parents again?' he continued in his mind.
First, a grumbled look came upon him, then a second later he would turn, changing his posture and face to one more intrigued than confused. He would examine Yuii closely with his eyes, going from bottom to the top. 'not a bad catch for sure, she's truly quite the beauty' When his eyes reached her eyes. He couldn't help but question if his parents had another reasoning behind it. Perhaps they wanted a resurgence of the glory days from when Takeo Masao and Santaru Rin held the ANBU and Main Branch positions respectively. 'wait.. If that's the case'

There was more to it than just that he concluded. It wasn't just a marriage. The third person must be one of the chosen Sennin, he was being granted something bigger than a trophy wife. He was being granted a Sennin position, with her at his side. He concluded this thought process with a grin upon his lips, leaning forward almost chuckling to himself, covering his face with his hand.
"So you're saying, Ayumu, this beauty of a woman, this absolutely gorgeous magnificent woman" He gestured with his arms upwards, waving towards her and the room. "Is to be my wife?"
He stood up from his chair quickly, stomping on the floor. "I would be a fool to not accept such an offer, and damn be my mother and father for not properly warning me. But I admit, I couldn't be more pleased, still!" he finally concluded, still standing up smiling almost, from ear to ear.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh." she squeaked, laughing at her own ridiculousness while Ayumu introduced them. "Cute and important then! Well aren't you something out of a romantic novella. You can just call me Yuii, everyone does." He continued to solidify that image by pulling her chair out, and Yuii couldn't help but blush a little. She wasn't one to be charmed easily, but he was pretty cute. Maybe they were both needed for a mission together with this elusive third person, she thought, picking out her own muffin. She wouldn't object to the generous serving of eye candy. By Ayumu's tone it wouldn't be a fun excursion, so the distraction might be welcome. She had to wonder what the Santaru's particular skill set was that they would be chosen to do any kind of work together.

Wait, had he just said marriage? Yuii turned a deep shade of scarlet and choked on her mouthful of food. Unable to speak, she could only stare between the two men with a deepening sense of panic. Marriage!? Right now? That didn't make any sense! Was this even real? As she struggled to swallow as she gave her own arm a pinch. It hurt, unless this was a very elaborate Genjutsu this meeting was really happening.

"Marriage!?" she screeched, erupting from her chair and drawing back her half eaten muffin as if she intended to throw it at the head of their newly appointed Raikage, "And you thought, 'wow the Yuii I know would totally be okay with that, let's give it a shot!'? How ridiculous are you, Ayumu!?" She would have called the entire thing an elaborate ruse, except along with Ayumu's request there had been a letter asking her to see the Kagetsu clan head that very evening. It seemed too coincidental now, and she had to question what game they were all playing at picking her. A well dressed goat would make a better wife than Yuii, surely they could all see that?

Yuii turned to Yoshi, expecting some solidarity in rejecting this laughable proposal. She was horrified to find he was sizing her up and actually considering her as anything be a gag prize. Shock was all she could manage as unexpectedly, and with great praise to her looks, Yoshi agreed.

"No way! Don't say yes!"she yelled, bursting into nervous laughter, confection throwing forgotten as she tried to process what the mesmeric blond had said. In was world was she a suitable match for the head of any clan head? Desperately she tried to remember something of the Santaru clan so that she could appeal to their values, but she was left with nothing.

He didn't know her, she didn't know him and the entire match was just wrong! She melted back into her seat as her mind struggled to process what was happening, She wasn't trying to be self deprecating. Yuii had a very healthy sense of self-worth but she also knew in terms of clan politics she rated about as high as a cute puppy to those people. The Kagetsu's clan head regarded her as a cockroach and the elders tolerated her just enough to allow her to continue using their family name. Sure she was a Jounin, and sure she had a loose connection with her Aunt but that was where all advantage to the clan stopped. Hell, she wasn't even entrenched in using their money, and that generally was how they controlled the lives of their own.

So what made the Kagetsu thing she would actually say yes? Where was the advantage in this? "Kogami! Were you half asleep? Are you sure they didn't say Aki, Ina or Mari? Did you just hear Kagetsu or fill my name in?" she demanded, trying to understand how this could be happening, "Is someone threatening you into this? Blink twice is someone is threatening you!?"

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The reactions were priceless. Ayumu could not have asked for better. It didn't hurt that they had started their interaction here by flirting at first sight. Yoshi was the perfect charming prince even pulling Yuii's seat back for her. It really only helped the ruse. Yuii was, as expected, aghast at the proposal. She shot up from her seat and made as if she would throw her muffin at Ayumu. Ayumu held up his hands. "Don't shoot the messenger! I don't have any say in clan politics!" Ayumu said, fighting the urge to laugh already. While Yuii's reaction was predictable, Yoshi's took even Ayumu off guard. After looking Yuii over for a moment, he agreed wholeheartedly to the idea even seeming excited by the prospect. Ayumu couldn't disagree with his assessment of her appearance, though he was laying it on a little thick, but he had literally just met her. How could he be so open to the prospect of marrying a woman who was barely even an acquaintance? He was a man that promised to be full of surprises in their time working together.

Of course, Yoshi's enthusiasm was not shared by Yuii who was probably the most shocked to hear him accept the idea. She looked at the man incredulously in sheer astounding before turning her attention back to berating Ayumu. Ayumu dropped his head in what might have appeared to be him acting as a child enduring lecturing by his mother as he cast his eyes downward to avoid her searing gaze. Upon closer look, he would appear to be trembling slightly, perhaps frightened?

"Pffft..... Bahahahahahahahahaha! Aha, aha... hahahahahaha!" he erupted in laughter, throwing his head back as he was no longer able to contain it. He held his stomach as if he was afraid his sides would fly off into space and leave him. They would either be massively confused or slowly start to realize what was going on. Ayumu prepared himself as best he could during his laughing fit for any attacks of vengeance just in case they figured it out before he could clue them in.

"Oooh, wow, that was great. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Wow. No, you two aren't getting married. I made it up. Oh my god, you should have seen your faces. Sorry Casanova, no marriage today," Ayumu said looking between Yuii and Yoshi. He took a deep breath as his laughing subsided, fielding any sucker punches that might come his way as they came. He couldn't be mad if they tried to gang up on him, he probably deserved it after that. After a few deep breathing exercises he calmed down.

"Ahh... I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. Think of it as a team building exercise. You two are going to be working with each other more often, so to speak," Ayumu said, his expression slowly changing to a more sincere one. He probably shouldn't have set himself up as an unreliable source of information before relaying their new positions to them. They needed to take it seriously. Neither of them truly had the experience that was preferable when assuming the seat of Sennin. Ayumu hadn't either, so he knew the feeling somewhat.

"I do apologize for the fun at your expense, but I need you two to take this next part seriously. This isn't a joke, I'm not going to laugh and say 'just kidding' at the end here," Ayumu prefaced his announcement, hoping to avoid any misunderstandings. His face had now taken on a very serious expression, more so than it had at any point since they had arrived. Probably more so than Yuii had ever seen. "The council has come to a decision on the successors to the Sennin seats. Tsuyoshi Junko, the one who has yet to arrive, is the new Medical Sennin. Kagetsu Yuii, you will be the new Sennin of the Main. Santaru Yoshi, you will be the next Sennin of the ANBU after you are thoroughly trained and prepared for it by your predecessors," Ayumu announced at last. He paused for a moment to let his words sink in. They were probably taken aback by this, though hopefully not as much as by the prank before.

"I know this likely comes as a surprise and you must have questions. Go ahead," Ayumu said, giving them the opportunity to ask him what the hell was going on.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuyoshi Junko said:
dvpo40.jpg

Rp said:
]Standing on top of the hospital building, Junko wore his normal suite attire. The days were getting colder and Junko decided to suit up with his anti-freeze to death accessories his wife made for him. The scarf and gloves fit him well and her love filled the Medical Sennins heart. Kahako had to step down and the branch was left without a sennin. The event still played through his mind as he could see her being possessed. Her sudden change in tone, her eyes, and body language. Reliving the moment caused Junko to begin clenching his fist as his jaw tightened.

The hospital needed a leader and the choice was simple. Junko or kitsune. The choice made was even easier to call. Shaking his head before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, the medical chief could feel the weight of the world seemingly lift from his shoulders as he cleared his mind. "I'll do my best." Junko thought as the weight reset.

After launching from the hospital building, Junko found himself making his way to the Torre Celeste where he was called by the new Raikage himself. Entering the building, Junko's body was engulfed by warmth, but it would take some time for his body to adjust.

"Oh hi Junko-san! The Raikage has been expecting you, join the party. I hear lots of laughs."

Giving a warm smirk and a nod, Junko continued forward. It was good to know that he was growing more known throughout the village due to his networking and hard work.

"Kagetsu Yuii, you will be the new Sennin of the Main. Santaru Yoshi, you will be the next Sennin of the ANBU after you are thoroughly trained and prepared for it by your predecessors,"

*Clap....Clap...Clap*

Entering the office and overhearing Ayumus words, Junko held a smile as he clapped. "Well, congratulations!" Junko said with some enthusiasm as Ayumus assistant closed the door behind him. He'd wait for the excitement to calm before giving his proper hello.

Topic entered

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Still standing he couldn't help but laugh a little at Yuii's reaction to the whole, especially after his own burst of acceptance. In honest truth, he was ready to accept it right then and there. But fate seemed to have other plans, as Ayumu would begin to straight up laughing at their faces. Yoshi would grow suspicious, downright frightened almost. Did the Raikage become insane? Or has Ayumu always been such a prankster of sorts? He couldn't help but ask himself.
While the newly appointed Raikage was still laughing, Yoshi grew frustrated and decided to sit down again, no reason to start assaulting him just yet, not without an explanation, he thought.
When Ayumu finally came clean of the joke, Yoshi didn't react. He didn't smirk, didn't smile, he simply took a contemplative glance towards Ayumu and engaged in his own dialogue within his own mind.
  • Did the Raikage go insane?</I>
    • Did the recent rank-up and extra responsibility not strike him at all?
    I don't recall Ayumu ever being a trickster of such magnitude. What changed?
    • Perhaps his wife's recent insanity case hit him hard?
    <I>
    I will have to research this and find out the truth.
While he was encapsulated within his own thinking, he missed the serious change in Ayumu's tone and whatever he had said before announcing the new Sennin.
Ending it all with himself as the new ANBU Sennin.

He smirked, the corner of his lips reached up to his cheekbone. Figured as much.
"I knew there was something more than just a joke to this meeting." He couldn't help but commentate upon.
At which point he heard the sound of clapping hands coming from behind. What is it, with people entering offices unannounced. A simple knock does wonders these days..
Yoshi would remain seated and simply look to the new entree and nod in his direction.

While he assumed this individual was Tsuyoshi Junko. He didn't entertain the assumption to further accept the clear rudeness he exhibited entering the office in such a rude way. Especially without firstly announcing his name in some fashion.
And while he did, naturally have questions to ask, regarding this recent promotion he would wait until this entitled Junko, would make his entrance, or introduction proper.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii's relief was palpable as Ayumu revealed his joke, but she couldn't muster a shred of embarrassment or anger at being so thoroughly duped. Yoshi, it seemed, was not outwardly upset to have been tricked but she she chose not to be insulted. Those embossed in the midst of their clan were used to bending to the will of their family and at his apparent age he probably expected to be married, well, exactly like this. The influence of the Kagetsu was a curse Yuii had avoided by the grace of her aunt's early protection and her own disconnection from the village but she could have just as easily been misled into being relieved her partner to be was handsome. Shame on the new Raikage for such a cruel game.

Ayumu had a devious side that when called upon could be very convincing. It was a unpleasant surprise but one that chased away any trepidation she had over his ability to deceive. By her understanding, his illustrious rank often required a perfected poker face and one could only imagine him grinning foolishly in a meeting with.

The Raikage called his trick a team building exercise, and as such she would accept it. The blue haired woman could not fathom what job that she and the blond idol would preform in proximity. There could be an important mission as she had reasonably guessed earlier. Yuii had made herself available for those should they be close to the village. One could require maintaining an elaborate cover story, or working in tandem, with the pretty blond. His enthusiasm at the mention of marriage had her cautious of pursuing anything recreational but at least she could enjoy the sights. As a Santaru and a clan trained shinobi he would make an acceptable teammate.

The truth was a vile thing. Yuii's mouth fell open in shock and horror as Ayumu announced them as two of the three new Sennin. Her, Main Branch Sennin? Yoshi seemed un-phased and un-surprised by the announcement, and Yuii silently cursed whatever course of thought that left her as the only one floored. The arranged marriage seemed like the saner idea now. Applause followed the malign announcement, almost ominous in it's delivery despite the sincere congratulations that punctuated it. A quick glance in the direction of the door confirmed the newcomer as Junko, their third and as Ayumu had announced the new Medical Sennin.

"No, no congratulations." She snapped, standing and slamming her hands down on Ayumu's desk. The anger their new Raikage had excepted had not there, but she was not her blithely happy self. A well trained monkey could see this was a well manipulated plan by the clan led council members. There were others that through their own merit and skill were being overlooked. "The council decided? So they're picking old names for their own agenda and you agreed? Did you pick out of a hat or something? Am I supposed to be -happy- about this?" That was it then. There was no marriage but the impending demands of her Aunt's clan would be be abated. After this they would lay out an ultimatum that would assure Yuii as a useful pawn. Her feelings on the matter would not come into consideration and a decade of avoiding the founding clan would be over. With a sinking stomach, the cerulean haired woman wondered what it was the clan thought they held over her.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just as Ayumu finished his announcement, his third and final guest entered. With a word of congratulations he began clapping for the two new Sennin. Ayumu wasn't sure that Junko had read the atmosphere correctly. Glancing at Yoshi, Ayumu noticed that he was smirking. Apparently he wasn't taking the news that hard. This was worrisome to Ayumu. He wondered if Yoshi was really taking seriously the task that was before him. The man had no experience as an ANBU let alone a Sennin of the branch. Ayumu was snapped out of his thoughts as Yuii slammed her hands down on his desk. Ayumu raised an eyebrow but he had expected her to not be thrilled about this.

"Sorry, Yuii. No, I never expected you to be happy about it. I won't lie to you two, your clans pushed for the council to make these decisions. But the truth of the matter is the choices for Sennin were few and far in between. There weren't stand outs based on personal merit alone. The usual selection process was kinda thrown out the window. Any choice made would be scrutinized. But your names carry some merit to people whether you care for them or not," Ayumu explained, even though he himself did not particularly like the idea of them being chosen for their names either. "You wouldn't have been chosen if it wasn't believed that you had potential to actually assume the roles. If I didn't believe in you myself. I've been in your positions in more ways than one. When I was first thrust into the position of Sennin I was just a fresh ANBU and barely even an adult. I sure as hell wasn't ready," Ayumu continued, recalling the way the leadership had shifted so quickly after Rin's suicide and Moro's injury.

"But I've been doing this for a long time now and occupied both of your offices before now. You'll both have my support, for whatever it means. Yoshi, you in particular are going to need a lot of ANBU training. You will have myself and other instructors teaching you. Yuii, having been in your position so recently I can assist you even more so," he told them, hoping that it might give them some tiny relief. He figured Yuii could handle it even if she didn't particularly like it. As far as Yoshi was concerned, Ayumu had actually been against his selection but he wasn't going to say that aloud now. Ayumu's lack of confidence wasn't going to help Yoshi. Ayumu would just have to try to make a man out of him. If he didn't take to the ANBU training quickly, Ayumu would push the council to make a more appropriate choice. He had said this in advance and they agreed to it. That said, he'd try to make it work.

"Junko, as you've probably already guessed based on our conversation and the fact that you were called here as well, you are to be the new Medical Sennin. Kitsune was, technically, second in command I know. However, for obvious reasons the council and I chose you instead to step up as the next Sennin," Ayumu said, turning his attention to Junko. He would be replacing Ayumu's significant other, Kahako. Kahako had some personal demons to work out, literally. She knew that she couldn't be trusted to be in the position of Sennin and therefore she had stepped down willingly.

[MFT: 572]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuyoshi Junko said:

Rp said:
"No, no congratulations."

Hearing his feline sisters hands slam on the table, he immediately stopped clapping as the mood was much more serious than expected. "Damn, is she THAT scared of the paper work? Damn! And I thought I was scared." Junko thought reading the room once more.

Listening the the frustration, Junko slightly sighed. Being the person Ayumu was, Junko knew he'd calm her down. Or cut her to pieces like he cut meet at the villages ball. Hopefully she didn't have to endure the second route. Then ANOTHER sennin would have to be chosen and they probably wouldn't be as cute. That would be a bummer. Especially if the replacement was an old red head or something. YIKES!

"You wouldn't have been chosen if it wasn't believed that you had potential to actually assume the roles. If I didn't believe in you myself. I've been in your positions in more ways than one. When I was first thrust into the position of Sennin I was just a fresh ANBU and barely even an adult. I sure as hell wasn't ready,"

Nodding to give agreement, Junko could see his feline sister wasn't going to be sliced, diced, or chopped up. It was simple, you wouldn't be given the position if it wasn't seen you couldn't handle it or you couldn't use the opportunity to prove yourself. The amazing part is, they now have a sennin that know their shoes and just finished walking in them.

"Junko, as you've probably already guessed based on our conversation and the fact that you were called here as well, you are to be the new Medical Sennin. Kitsune was, technically, second in command I know. However, for obvious reasons the council and I chose you instead to step up as the next Sennin,"

"Thanks for the opportunity. The branch is in good hands." Junko said with a nod. Unfortunately, he no longer held a smile, but a cold face of serious. Of course he didn't think this meeting would call for such seriousness. He wasn't big on titles, but the promotion deserved some sort of congratulations. Well, so he thought.

"Well, I look forward to working with you all. Sorry for not introducing myself, but I'm Tsuyoshi Junko as you all may have gathered." Junko said a small bow before he'd move in for handshakes. Afterwards, he'd take his seat to watch as things were about to play out.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yoshi would stand as Junko approached the chairs, reached out, and gave him a firm handshake, with a strict nod. "pleasure" He'd say with a direct and deep formal tone.
After which he would turn around and sit back down.

"Now, with that aside, and everyone present, Kogami-san." He'd finally say as he leaned back in the chair with his left leg resting on top of the other.
"As you would assume, I have a few questions regarding this thorough training and preparation you noted in your brief announcement here." resting his elbows on the armrests his hands were collected above his center.
"First off, what does this training entail? I know most details on the ANBU already, naturally, not the actual secrets, but the core aspect of how they operate has not gone by unnoticed by me. And the reports available has already gone by my table at my home as Santaru Rin left quite a bit of information for her successors"
Lowering his feet firmly on the ground again, kind of fidgeting in his seat. "I'm of course not neglecting the opportunity, however, thankful I am, these stipulations I must, of course, know more of, in order to properly fulfill the expectations set in front of me."
Leaning forward and now with open palms towards Ayumu. "Is there anything you can enlighten me on regarding this now, so as I might prepare for when we begin properly?"

Once Ayumu would begin speaking, Yoshi would lean back in the chair, listening carefully.
At this point, Yoshi would have, practically speaking, completely forgotten about the whole engagement joke, and simply moved on, not even letting Yuii's apparent frustrations with the whole thing inch him the slightest.
'Her feminine issues are her own to tackle' he thought to himself. It wasn't his place to worry about her in such a manner, not yet at least.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Potential?" Yuii echoed back, her mouth forming a grim line, "Fine. You're the boss, Kogami-sama." She still wanted to rip him a new one, but the vote of confidence pacified her for the moment.

Deflated, the aqua haired woman turned to partake in the greetings. Awkwardly she returned Junko's handshake then with a buoyant chuckle bounced up to kiss his cheek as villagers tended to do in greetings, "Congratulations, Tsuyoshi. At least one of us makes some sense in being here." she said, returning to her own seat once again. One could be forgiven for thinking she was a jack in the box for how often she was hopping up and down.

'I should have known this would happen,' the soon to be Main Branch Sennin thought while half listening as Yoshi took his turn questioning their Raikage, 'Should have just put Harune in the Dorms and stayed the hell out of Kumo. They always drag you in. How am I even going to manage this?' She made a half-interested sound at the mention of Rin, but couldn't muster the enthusiasm to be nosy. The ex-Anbu Sennin's work was probably -really- interesting.

Somehow, Yuii was supposed to take over an entire branch after spending the better part of a decade doing out-of-village work. There were people twice her age and highly decorated that would see her promotion for what it was; council manipulation. Yuii had an image, a lifestyle, dedicated to avoiding exactly this level of obligation. Her dream of teaching classes and supplementing her income with missions was dashed, sliced, crushed and thrown to the curb for trash day. Her life would be drudgery and paperwork is she couldn't find some poor soul to throw her new shackles on. Did Sennin even get to do anything fun? What did they even -do-? Sit around and read about all the exciting missions they sent their underlings on? Sit in boring meetings and talk about those glorious missions they weren't going on?

At least Ayumu, adorable as he was, had not set an exceptionally high bar for the Main Branch. There would be desk-naps, desk-cake and other desk-related activities that had nothing to do with paperwork. She would make it standard practice to bring cookies to meetings, just to ease her own suffering, and there would be an official 'keep the Sennin company' position. Maybe she could try and work a three day work week? What did being a Sennin pay anyway? There had better be more zeros than spiders had eyes.

Dramatically she extended her arm towards Junko, her eyes squeezed shut, "Pinch me, Cat-man. I need to wake up from this nightmare," she muttered under her breath at a volume she hoped would disturb the conversation.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At least two of the three of them were taking this news okay. 'Two out of three ain't bad, right?' he thought to himself as Yuii put on a pouty face but resigned herself to her fate. He couldn't blame her for her frustrations. Whatever her personal qualifications she had clearly been boosted to the top of the list by her name, something she had made it clear she wanted nothing to do with. Ayumu shot her a brief apologetic look before turning to address Junko. Fortunately, he was completely fine with the whole idea of being Sennin. He had probably somewhat expected it even though Kitsune was second-in-command at the time. It was a relief to know that the branch Ayumu knew the least about would be in good hands.

"I'm relieved to be able to entrust the Med-nin branch to you, Junko," Ayumu said with a smile. He had been friends with Junko for a while and knew that he was capable. As Yuii congratulated Junko, Yoshi had more questions. He wanted to know what his training would entail. He knew a lot based on word of mouth and public knowledge as well as Santaru Rin had left him some information as well. There was, however, much more to learn for him to fit into the role of ANBU Sennin.

"Given that you have never been a part of ANBU, you haven't received the training that all ANBU undergo. Techniques that have been passed down in the branch since its inception will be taught to you. You will be trained in the shadow tactics that they employ in battle. It is most important that you have the ability to lead them, but they will not be able to respect you if you don't go through what they have gone through. The intention is to have the one who has been leading them since Nobuyuki's death train you personally. You'll also need to be brought up to speed with all of their inner workings. I may also help from time to time given my own experience with the position," Ayumu explained, hoping to give Yoshi some insight on what was in store for him. There would be more detailed ironed out later. Kouin would need to be addressed on this matter, naturally, when he returned. They couldn't force him to train Yoshi, though consequences could be incurred if he refused. Ayumu didn't expect Kouin would mind too terribly being relieved of the burden of being ANBU Sennin. There were still many within the branch that resented him and did their best to make his life hard. If all else failed, Ayumu could set aside the time to do the training personally.

"You'll get more specific details a bit later when we're not taking up the valuable time of these two fellow Sennin of yours," Ayumu finished, motioning to the new Main Branch and Medical Sennin. They would have to get used to those titles. Now that Yoshi had been addressed personally, Ayumu needed to send them off to their work. They all had a lot to do to get into their new positions.

"Announcements will be made to your respective branches about your ascension to Sennin rank. You will all have an executive secretary who will help you with your transition into your role and guide you in figuring out what the hell you should be doing. Make sure you treat them well, they're the ones that will be keeping your head above the water. Really, they've got the hard job," Ayumu said, laughing softly. He thought of his own secretaries during the time that he was Sennin of the two different branches. He had a new one, now, as the Raikage. He was pretty sure he would have been completely lost without them.

"They'll be informed when you've left here to get in contact and start getting you ready. And of course, you can always come to me for help. For now, unless you've got any immediate concerns to address to me, you're free to go and start getting moved into your offices," Ayumu concluded, giving them to leave to go and started getting used to being Sennin.

"Er, Yoshi, an ANBU will meet you outside the Torre to help you find your office," Ayumu added as an afterthought. The Sileo Tempestas had many hidden entrances and one could not enter it without proper clearance. With that said, Ayumu had relayed all the information he needed to relay to them for now. They were free to stay and ask more questions or go if they were ready to get started with their new role in the village. Ayumu would remain here, of course, as he still needed to get used to his own new role. As they filtered out he would say farewell to each of them unless any stayed.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuyoshi Junko said:

Rp said:
Delivering his greetings, Junko was met with hand shakes and a sweet kiss.

"Congratulations, Tsuyoshi. At least one of us makes some sense in being here."

Smirking, Junko nodded before taking his seat. Closing his eyes and leaning back, Junko decided to simply listen as this meeting was obviously more about the other two as they both had concerns. Especially Yoshi as he began voicing his thoughts.

His view made sense. Everyone knew of the ANBU tactics done in the shadows even if no one knew all the details. His concern was logical, but his true fear and curiosity should've sat with the mountains of paperwork he'd have to bring down with an almighty pen. Thinking back to his sensei, Junko could vividly remember Daisuke's hand crippled at the sight of paper when he was medical sennin.

Thinking of Ayumu-san, Junko knew that even he wasn't prepared for the paperwork, but he had the experience of two sennin positions.

"Pinch me, Cat-man. I need to wake up from this nightmare,"

Opening his eyes, Junko reflexes kicked in at the last second. Catching Yuii, Junko held her close like a newborn. "It's okay.. It's okay... Only your hand will suffer. Yes... Yes... The paperwork is coming. Shhhh.. It's only a lot of pain. Ayumus saying the executive secretaries will help us." Junko said attempting to comfort her jokingly.

They'll be informed when you've left here to get in contact and start getting you ready. And of course, you can always come to me for help. For now, unless you've got any immediate concerns to address to me, you're free to go and start getting moved into your offices,"

Looking at Ayumu with a smirk, Junko nodded. "Sounds good. Little kitten, you'll be fine." Junko said before giving her a kiss on the forehead and standing to his feet. "Same goes for you Yoshi-San. Without a doubt in my mind, the village is in good hands." Junko said walking and placing a hand on Ayumu-san shoulder. "Call me if you need me. For anything." Junko said before heading out. Before things would fully kick off, he'd spend time at Kahako's bedside and switch when Ayumu would come in.

His friends would need all the support they could get and Junko would be right there. Every step of the way. In fact, he was already going into Spiritual training that could help them with the issue.

Topic Left

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii made a noise in the back of her throat faintly reminiscent of an animal trapped in a snare. Wild eyed, she stared at Ayumu from the confines of Junko's 'embrace', her expression silently screaming, 'what the hell is going on!?'. Ayumu's dismissal was enough to free her, but she had a notion the trickster Kage thought her discomfort was funny. The kiss on her forehead was another surprise, one she chose to take as her congratulatory one had been.

"Well, I think I can mark this down as one of the strangest days I've ever had. I'll have to remember he's a friendly one!" Yuii laughed once Junko was gone. Standing then shuffling foot to foot she glanced around the room. She needed to speak to Ayumu alone but Yoshi seemed to be lingering. She would have to come back, she decided, because airing her dirty laundry to her new co-worker wasn't exactly on Yuii's short list of things to do that day. Not that anything was going to plan anymore.

The kunoichi sighed to herself and started for the door, "I think I'm due for a half dozen drinks and it's not even noon yet." Briefly she considered inviting them out for some breakfast mimosas to be followed by lunch and dinner drinks but thought better of it. Ayumu was new to office, Yoshi had just been told he was about to be put through the wringer and Yuii had prior commitments. She could only dream of having the freedom to run off and drown herself in a barrel of alcohol. There was still the meeting with her clan to attend and then the following fallout from that. It was going to be a very long, very antagonising day, and she couldn't really go and drink herself blind with an early day of learning to follow. Damn though if the eye candy wouldn't have made the bitter drink to swallow that was getting sennin a bit sweeter.

"Good luck pretty blond prince. I'll be rooting for you." Yuii chimed, waving then awkwardly making a half bow as she remembered Ayumu as the Raikage and probably deserved a bit more manners. It was strange to think of him as a village leader- he'd struggled to handle some of her students after all. "I'll see you later Kogami-sama. Unless you've suddenly stopped wanting treats? You'd better not."

She would need to look up the sennin to kage protocol Yuii decided as she left. Sennins were meant to follow that sort of stuff weren't they?

Oh, Raiden help then all, she was a sennin.

[topic left]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Ayumu had answered the questions Yoshi had asked, nodding firmly in response he commented "Fine, I accept these conditions. I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later. I look forward to working together!" Yoshi felt a bit discomforted, but he accepted it all in the end, while he may not exactly be ANBU material, he had abilities and skills at least comparable and leadership material coming out the wazoo.

"Haha, find my office, good one." He paused for a second to think.. wait a minute, where actually is the ANBU sennin office. I have no idea..
Firmly ignoring Junko's statements. Yoshi found his tact, and abilities to communicate with the class which he was engaged with, thoroughly lacking, how he had reached his position is a thing to ponder by itself.
He clapped his hands together and bowed to Ayumu as Yuii made her exit, swiftly followed by Yoshi.
"I wouldn't mind treats at my office!" He commented as she made her way with him at her heels.

[thread left]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Focus on finding your office first, lovely Apollo," Yuii laughed while turning on her heel to look Yoshi over appreciatively while continuing her to walk down the hall backwards. She tilted her head thoughtfully, trying to work out the logistics of finding and delivering sweets to the mysterious ANBU underbelly. Very likely, Sennin or not, the Ansatsu would not enjoy an unmasked interloper amongst them for any reason let alone one so silly. It was tempting to try one day though, if only to see what would happen."Or, just join us for breakfast some day. That's usually when I bring Ayumu food. Sennin and Kage always forget to eat." She didn't seem to notice she'd fallen back to using the Raikages first name.

Then, with renewed horror she remembered what had just transpired. Her ever present smile faltered as she swung back around and aligned her pace to his and sank into quiet dismay. From beneath a bench a large orange tiger slithered into view and joined them; lending explanation to the feline-themed nicknames thrown between Yuii and Junko. It's head came to rest under Yuii's hand and it gave a deep rumbling purr when she scratched absently at it's thick skull.

"Oh, I actually... need to speak to Ayumu." she realised aloud, realising her initial reason for bringing the cakes along and her hope of sweetening him up. She stopped dead then turned back to the Raikage's office, leaving Yoshi to find his own way. Shame that, couldn't Ayumu have given them a day off to celebrate?

Yuii returned, feline companion on her heels, and let herself back into his office with little more than a quick knock. Unlikely Ayumu had gotten himself into too much trouble in the half a minute they had been away. "I actually needed to speak with you, if that's alright?" The blue haired woman asked, grinning in a way that she hoped said 'I don't plan to throw cupcakes at you this time.'

[rejoined because why not]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was a strange bunch that had gathered at the head of Cloud. Ayumu was no exception. He watched as Junko embraced Yuii holding her perhaps a little too tightly for her comfort. Ayumu gave her a sympathetic look as her face formed an expression of abject horror. In reality he was stifling himself from laughing at her expense. Junko was a friendly guy and Ayumu knew he meant nothing by it, but perhaps that was a bit much even for him. Meanwhile, Yoshi had accepted the terms for becoming the Sennin of ANBU. Ayumu was glad at this. He knew the man did not have ANBU training yet but surely he had the leadership training as the head of the Santaru clan. Perhaps he would prove to be as capable as his predecessor Santaru Rin in leading the ANBU. He would have the ANBU training too, by the time Ayumu and Kouin were done with him. His positive outlook was a good thing, Ayumu figured. Better than having yet another moody broody ANBU Sennin. He seemed a bit confused as to why he'd need help finding his office- he'd learn why soon enough.

After offering words of encouragement to the new Sennin and Ayumu, Junko parted ways to return to the hospital leaving Yuii looking a bit relieved. Ayumu chuckled at the mention of a few drinks. He chuckled, but he did not disparage the idea. She said her farewells, mentioning that he'd better not have stopped wanting treats. Ayumu breathed a sigh of relief. If she was still offering that, maybe she didn't hate him quite yet. "Perish the though, I'll never stop wanting sweets," Ayumu said as Yuii left the office followed by Yoshi. Ayumu took a deep breath and breathed one more heavy sigh. It had gone better than he had thought, but it still hadn't been easy.

Now that his company was gone, Ayumu reached into the drawer of his desk and pulled out a single shot glass putting it on the desk and then reached in once more to pull out a bottle of whiskey imported from Fire Country which he had been gifted a while back as the Main Branch Sennin. He wasn't really in the habit of keeping alcohol in his desk, but he had never gotten around to taking the bottle or shot glasses home. He poured a quick shot and then tossed it back. Just as he dropped the glass back on his desk he looked up to see Yuii had reentered. Scrambling, he took the glass and the bottle and shoved them back into the drawer of his desk. Well, that was embarrassing. What had she asked? If it was alright if she spoke with him? Ayumu cleared his throat, loosening his collar slightly as his face felt a bit warm.

"Of... of course it's alright... ha ha..." Ayumu said with a smile and awkward laugh, hoping that somehow she hadn't noticed what he was doing when she had reentered. "What's up?"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back