Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Cryptograms [Learning Fiero]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
5moe6QN.png

Asuka placed the puzzles in front of Yomi. She had decided that this was the best way for Yomi to learn the alphabet and language at the same time without it being terribly burdensome. Yomi was a quick learner in general and this was pleasantly stimulating.
Du maynh drec myhkiyka ymm sicd talebran drec lnobduknys.
"DEoo mahaen-ha de-raeay-ku mae-ha-kukeeae-kukah aemm seeee-ku-de teah-lueay-bae-raahn de-raeay-ku lunoh-bae-deoo-kuknae-see."

Yomi eyed the puzzle and furrowed her brow at the pronunciation that Asuka had placed below it. Asuka would teach her the finer points of pronunciation as she progressed. For now, she would focus on translation. Yomi honed in on the double M’s and used it as her basis. In general, double letters generally fall under one letter. She would use that to start.

</COLOR>
Du laynh drec lyhkiyka yll sicd talebran drec lnobduknys.​
<i>
</i>

She then focused on the Y as it could only be one thing to pair with the double L she just uncovered.

Du laanh drec lahkiyka all sicd talebran drec lnobduknas.​
<i>
</i>

Off to a good start, she uncovered a complete word. She then moved her focus to the two letter word. There would only be a handful of words that it could be: On, It, If, To, Be, Up, In, Of, So. An and As were out of the question as the letter A was already accounted for. Up was unlikely and Be didn’t make sense so Yomi was left with: So, On, It, If, To, and In. She would come back to this in a moment as she couldn’t make heads or tails of what it could be.

She eyed the next word in the sentence. Being that it started with and L, she was fairly certain that the next letter was a vowel. Why? There were not many letters that could follow an L that were consonants that would then be followed by a vowel. As she knew A was already accounted for so E I O U was what she could choose from. U was out of the question because what word started that way besides luau? This was a five-letter word. She wouldn’t use I or O because that would make it so her first word couldn’t work at all, so E won out.
Du leanh drec lahkiake all sicd telebren drec lnobduknas.

Making her way back to the first word, she decided to make a few more deductions with her remaining word choices of So, On, It, If, To and In. Yomi looked at the whole of the puzzle and noticed that the first, third and eighth word all started with the same letter, while the sixth letter ended in it. It was highly unlikely that it was an I, only one 4 letter word immediately came to mind that ended in an I which was Mini and that couldn’t be the word, therefore she discarded any word that began with I, leaving So, On, and To. Looking at the remaining words, it was highly likely that the word at least ended in the letter O, so she chose to go that route.

Do leanh drec lahkiake all sicd telebren drec lnobdoknas.​
<i>
</i>

Now that the word On was deducted, she was left with To and So. The letter S was extremely important and could appear in any word, beginning, middle or end. To misuse an S would ruin the entire thing. Yomi groaned and stared at the page for longer than she should have before deciding on To. She reasoned that So would be followed by a comma, after all, it was still a sentence using proper grammar.

<COLOR color="#FF0000">To leanh trec lahkiake all sict telebren trec lnobtoknas.​
<i>
</i>

Two words were now successfully uncovered. A lot of work for something this short. She then focused on the third and eighth word, noting that they were the same. Standard word choices in a simple cryptogram, and the fact that there were no repeated letters, would lead it to be either: This, They, or Them. Quickly she decided it couldn’t be They or Them since the letter E was accounted for so she was left with the word This. 3 letters and 2 words were knocked out.

To leanh this lahkiake all sist telibhen this lnobtoknas.​
<i>
</i>

The sixth word ended in ST. All words that end in ST are generally proceeded by a vowel. A E I and O were already translated so she was left with U.

To leanh this lahkuake all sust telibhen this lnobtoknas.​
<i>
</i>

Still on the sixth word, she ran through some word Just, Must, Lust, Bust, Rust. The last word in the puzzle ended with the same letter as the sixth word started with, so Just was a no go. L was already translated, so Lust was out. Must, Bust, and Rust were remaining. Bust didn’t make sense based on the preceding word leaving Must and Rust. Must fit better in her mind. Another word decoded. Yomi then wrote out which letters that she had already decoded in order to keep track.

To leanh this lahkuake all must telibhen this lnobtoknam.​
<i>
</i>

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Y ? ? ? A ? ? R E ? ? M S ? U ? ? ? C ? I ? ? ? ? ?​
<i>
</i>

Focusing on the second word. There were a lot of words this could be, but, she reminded herself that since this was a simple puzzle, it would not be a word not found in everyday conversation. Further it couldn’t contain repeated letters or letters she already decoded. Leaky, Learn, Leary was what she came up with. If the first word was indeed To, then the only sensible word could be Learn. 2 more letters found, 1 more word discovered.

To learn this lankuake all must telibher this lrobtokras.
Y ? ? T A ? ? R E ? ? M S H U ? ? N C D I ? ? ? ? ?​
<i>
</i>

Yomi looked at the fourth word. There wasn’t much thinking involved to figure that the missing letter was G.

To learn this language all must telibher this lrobtogras.
Y ? ? T A ? K R E ? ? M S H U ? ? N C D I ? ? ? ? ?​
<i>
</i>

Using context clues, it was fairly simple to decode the rest.

To learn this language all must decipher this cryptogram.
Y ? L T A ? K R E ? ? M S H U B ? N C D I ? ? ? O ?​
<i>
</i>

Pleased with herself, she gave pushed the puzzle to Asuka and asked for another, hopefully she would be able to figure out the remaining letters of the alphabet with more practice.
[topic entered/topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back