Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Crystallized [ Private ]

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Was it truly something that depended on something that was so deep rooted as religion? Was that even her commonplace anymore? She didn't have to follow any standards. After all, her people chose to damn her and throw it in her face that there had been people who chose wrong paths in the past. So, what standards? Why did she have to hold herself back from anything? Was she hoping that the people would wisen up? Not possible. People had nothing more than a one-tracked and fickle mind, unable to see from how far they buried their heads up their. . . Ahem. Let's not go there, shall we? Still, though, her feelings of attachment were much like the village's. Simple things intertwined two people for life. "What can I say? I'm a simple lady, clearly. Deeply entranced by her silly religion." Her shoulders would shrug now, and she listened to him speak about her being some kind of tease and what type of man he was. There wasn't really that kind of doubt in her mind. After all, he took a lot of effort just to get her to break past her iced over exterior. To run after such an event? Oh, he wished that he could run fast enough to get away from the Ice Queen herself. Call her crazy, but she wasn't sure how she would take such an act~. "I assure you, you'd have one hell of a time trying to dine and dash with me," humorous terms? Well, she still had that way of words. "But oddly enough, I put you higher than that. No one battles frostbite just for something like that."

As he spoke about breakfast, she would cast her gaze around. What time was it? Was the sun beginning to peak out? No, it had become oddly overcast in their time basking in one another's presence. Jeez, it was amazing that they didn't have a crowd of gawkers swarming them. People tended to be oddly up and at it at this time, and they totally wrecked their sleeping schedules. Leaning up, she would press her lips to his in a quick, chaste kiss before pulling away from him. "I'm sure I could help you with breakfast. And I'm totally not saying that because I've lost track of time and don't know if any places are open right now..." Well, way to totally oust yourself Haruka~.

"My makeshift place, or yours?" Now, she would grin just slightly, offering her hand towards him. Depending on his answer, either she would lead the way or she would allow him to.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Truth be told, the timing couldn’t have been worse for these two to attempt what seemed highly improbable in a world filled with deceit and malcontent. Though they had found each other, there were plenty of obstacles that would more than likely rear their ugly heads sooner or later. After all, Akechi was technically a traitor to the village hidden within the Sands, and he’d probably retain an even more contemptible title once he was finished with his work. His plan was to become the shining beacon of hope for a clan that had been renounced by this world. However, instead of attempting to reintroduce the clan to the current world that had caused such unsubstantiated prejudices against his family. Instead, he’d create a new world in place of the one that currently stood, an action that may not have sat well with a woman that was bred from this world. Though she claimed to have left behind the notion that she owed anything to the people that left her behind, Akechi knew that she wouldn’t be able to turn her back on a people that needed her. Surely, they need only to find middle ground to discuss such things but there was no need to go into such complicated things now.

In fact, why did Akechi even think about these things as he held her in his arms? Could it have been that he saw a future of them flash before his eyes as he kissed her? It wasn’t like he experienced this ordinarily fleeting feeling often. ”O darn. I hate it when religion gets in the way.” The man joked, giggling as he gave the woman a little twirl before allowing her a bit of space from the “hot and steamy” encounter. The blonde had a way with words, each one spoken as gracefully as the next. Something about her was sexy, yet mysterious all at the same time. He was enamored with her, just as she was intrigued by him. ”Dine and dash, eh? Not with you. I don’t think I’d be able to get very far. Not without battling frostbite in some pretty vital areas.” It was obvious which “areas” he was alluding to. The cold seemed to follow her wherever she went, and it only intensified as she felt scorn.

Returning the kiss that she gave him, the Uchiha gave her a wink and a giggle as he walked toward the edge of the bridge, placing one hand above the brow of his eyes as if to look off into the distance. ”Well. I’m all the way over yonder.” A funny excuse, right? If a woman gives you an excuse to go back to her place you take it, or risk being complete idiot. Seriously. He knew how the game was played. ”So I think yours is closer. And I want to see this palace that you live in anyways…” Joking, sort of. She had to have some money stored up right? Not like it mattered anyways. Akechi’s paycheck tended to have more zeros the more dangerous the mission was. He’d just have to take on some more danger if it came to that. Again, the future… it comes in flashes.

”I call cutting up stuff. Pretty much the only thing I’m going to be good at. Well… other than ramen.”

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Thinking was the curse of humanity now, wasn't it? Animals didn't have to think, no, they simply had to rely on instinct and whatever else they were born with. Huh, ah well. It didn't matter at this point now, did it? As she twirled, she reached up and grasped a hold of the shroud, pulling it away with ease now. "Unless ya want to keep wearing it and have people point and whisper." She'd wink now. Would she have been able to open up to anyone else in such a manner? The people that she thought were her friends were no where to be found. No conscious effort was made to reach out to her or anything like that. Did they just think that she died? Or had any and all representation of herself died with the supposed news of the quote twentieth unquote Daimyo. Everyone knew that all the Daimyo were female anyways, so she didn't know where this bullshit story came from. Oh well, if they needed a story just to push her out of the picture, that was fine. After all, she knew her own god damned privilege and she would be damned if anyone took that much away from her. Twisting the shroud around her wrist, her eyebrows furrowed together now for a moment. Shit, she needed to stop letting this cross her mind. "Ah, the house is fine. And ramen's not a good breakfast food." She would comment, her tone a bit distracted as she reached out to attempt to take a hold of his hand. She'd lead him along whether or not he allowed her to hold that hand of his. Really, though, she liked the man's warmth. The flats that she wore made no noise as she watched around for any familiar faces, but that was when it sort of hit her: No one really looked familiar. Had a year really been so long?

"You probably know I used to live in the Cage of Rubies. Stupid name, right? Don't know who the heck came up with that or how much they had been drinking, buuuuut... My mother was more than just an amazing Daimyo. She had clan men and women to fend for." That, and she needed a place to keep her resurrections in line. After all, she had a good amount of them. The only one that her Mom had a tendacy to keep around was Taro, and the two were absolutely inseperable. "She had a certain... affinity towards time and death. So, now she's off somewhere with the clan and my siblings, I'm sure." Without a doubt. "So we'll have the entire place to ourselves. And yes, you can have control of cutting up whatever you like." She'd offer a small laugh now, a smile managing to creep onto her features. After walking a ways away from the bridge, they'd come to a decently sized home that was settled neatly along the street.

This was not the place that she dared keep the vegetative body of her friend, Keita. That was down in Arcadia with the elderly woman she sought refuge with. She knew how to pick and choose her battles. Keeping him anywhere near something that was connected to her would only just bode horribly. Sob stories aside, though, the house was kept behind a wrought iron gate. From inside of the braid of her blonde hair, she would pull free two keys that she kept for the home. Not such a strange place to keep things, if you asked her! "Home," she would comment quietly. She hadn't been here in... well... since she fled. Using the first key, she would push open the gate and step onto the pathway of the house. "This place always kind of creeped me out. I think it's haunted." Truth be told, she wasn't exactly sure if her mother would be here or not. It was just a wild guess, really. Though with the news that had been floating around the Earth Country... There was, without a doubt, a chance that she would be around and ready to kick someone's ass for besmirching her good name. Not something she was prepared to do. Let the lady with the legions of the dead behind her handle shit for now. Turning, she'd look at him with a small smile. "Dumb, right?" No, it wasn't dumb really in the back of her mind. Walking down the path now, one could note that there were flowers planted, some that were native and others that were not-- perhaps from the Water Country, or something. The grounds were well kept for no one being here, but there was no way that anyone would let this place go to hell with weeds and stuff. Soon after their walk through the little courtyard type of area, she would move to unlock the door.

"I have a question: What kind of drink would you want to go with breakfast? Would you top off a night of sleeplessness with alcohol just to push that night further, or would you do juice or something common to breakfast?" She thought it was a good question, after all. Time had been lost. So what if another day was? After her question, she wandered her way into the house and flicked on the lights. No surprises, no one was here. It was better that way.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Nooooo! I don’t care. It’s soooo war--” He honestly thought he was going to freeze to death without the special “chakra” hidden within her shroud. Sure, it did resemble somewhat of a tiara fit for a princess but Akechi had gotten used to its warmth by now. That wasn’t to say that she had just given him a giant womanly placebo, but he loved the way the darn thing felt when it was on his head. She had given him a gift, and now she was being an Indian giver. Well, not really. She had given him another gift that was much better than the shroud she offered him before. Not to mention… ”Looks like the weather is a bit warmer now. Melted away that ice did I? I was almost getting used to it.” Akechi giggled, holding out his hand in order to feel the weather; only to have it snatched out of the air by Haruka’s assertive lead toward her house. For a woman that didn’t plan on giving up the goods, she sure was anxious to get back home with Akechi in tow. Maybe she was just hungry. Truly enjoying the man’s company was always another option as well. Then again, maybe both were true and even more.

”I know. But its sooo good. And I learned all of these fun ways to prepare it.” In other words, that was about the gist of his cooking ability. You know. Other than skewering or grilling things, he didn’t really have much practice with the exquisite dining experience that Haruka was undoubtedly used to. Being the Daimyo had certain perks, after all. Good food and learning how to make such food was definitely one of them. Racing through the village, the duo made their way toward the naturally beautiful Arcadia. A fitting place for a beautiful woman and her castle. ”I read that. I find the name kind of ironic. Moronic too but kind of ironic.” He didn’t really elaborate on that because it was really kind of unimportant, unless she truly wanted to hear more about it. Naming something a “cage” fictitiously when it was an actual cage was hilarious to him. It was irony in a rather dramatic fashion. ”The apple didn’t fall far from the tree, I’m sure. I was probably just one of the many that knocked down your door.” Not literally of course. Just a figure of speech that meant she truly was beautiful and that any guy would be lucky to have her. That was how he felt about her anyways. Hopefully, she felt the same way or at least desired to keep him around for a bit longer. He felt a happiness that he hadn’t felt in a long time with her, and it was something that he wished to safeguard for now. He’d make sure of it, even amidst the plot that had began to thicken.

”I wonder if you retained any of her affinities.” Those types of abilities do get passed along the genetic bloodline, after all. It was all about lineage with certain things…

”So this is what retirement looks like? It’s nice.” It really was. It was a real home, one that she earned without the cage that came attached to the prestigious title that had been passed down to her. This was a place that she could be herself in, and that Akechi could witness the woman take her life back in. ”I dunno. I can see an abundance of chakra centered around this area. You and your mother are two hell of shinobi. The residual energy is enormous. Either that or there really are ghosts.”

Akechi was in awe with the beautiful house surrounded by an iron gate. Time truly did stand still as he thanked the heavens for such a blessing. ”I can handle drinks. A little bit of both, you’ll see. What are we fixing for breakfast?” “We” meant Haruka with the occasional Akechi slice and dice on some veggies. For now, Akechi would wander around the kitchen, randomly opening up cabinets on his way to the alcohol of choice for today. ”Ya know. I probably should just ask where you store the champagne.” He laughed, spoiling the surprise…

At least half of it anyways.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The young woman couldn't help the smile that crossed her features at his objections towards her removing the shroud from his head. It was just a 'womanly placebo' as he put it. She did nothing special to the shroud other than make it and place it atop of his head. She'd give it back later, after all. It was only appropriate to give a man a small token of her gratitude. For now, she'd just let him think she was atakin' it back. And her quickened pace was more or less dedicated to the fact that she didn't want to be caught out, exposed, and have to explain her god damned life story to anyone-- Well, she could explain it to him with ease, but anyone else was just shit outta luck here. After she spoke about her mother, he would begin to go on about how the apple more than likely didn't fall far from the tree, but what he didn't know was that she was a mixed apple, one side rotted away and the other pristine in nature. Sometimes, she really wondered about herself. Releasing a small sigh, she would cast her gaze upwards. "I don't live up to my mother nor do I retain any of her affinities. She burns like a fire and I'm cold like ice. I'm the cursed child, anyways." She'd comment, walking her way into the kitchen after kicking away her flats. "She always said that my prowess came from the affliction of Water Country." Her brow furrowed now, "That if it had not been for the demon that settled inside of me, I would have been sickly and I wouldn't have made it past a certain age." Her eyes would just roll very slightly as she turned to look at him. "I think that's why I wasn't the one to lead the clan, and I was preened for political damnation-- You know, I should really shut the hell up." She'd comment, twisting on her feet to pull open the fridge.

"Tell me more about yourself." She'd murmur, pulling a bottle free of the shelf in the fridge. "-- And think quick." She'd state, tossing the bottle lightly behind her so he could catch it. He was a shinobi, so she expected him to "Favorite color, where you hail from, greatest fear, uhhh..." She'd pause in her offhanded little speech. She was tired of talking about herself. She wanted to hear more about him. "...Stuff." Her shoulders would square now and she would shrug, examining the food in the fridge now. "And don't skip any of the gore-y details." Her head would nod as she began pulling various ingredients from the cold space, placing them on the counter. The ingredients included things like a fish, eggs, a few pieces of bread, and she would also retrieve rice from the cabinets hanging above the area. She would also begin grabbing pots and pans, filling one with water and the other was lightly oiled. All the while, she would be listening to him speak if he so chose. She wouldn't feel too sour if he didn't want to talk, but she did hope.

Now, hopefully she wouldn't end up food poisoning him with eggs or fish or some crazy thing like that. She trusted in her ability to cook... but she was not a necessarily lucky person~.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she spoke of her mom and how she was the “cursed child,” he couldn’t help but to laugh. Loud, boisterous and hysterical laughter as if she had told some great big joke. Akechi wasn’t trying to offend her. I mean, he didn’t make it this far for her to shutdown because of his teasing or inconsiderate laughter. Instead, it was the farthest thing from that. He was laughing because she was like a normal child, and one that resembled him even. They were around the same age so he believed that she lived some perfectly privileged lifestyle, a far cry from the hardships that he had faced from the day he was born. It was refreshing to hear that she was the definition of imperfection made perfect… at least in his eyes. ”Sorry. Sorry. It’s just, I used to believe the same thing!” Akechi giggled, calming himself so that he could speak without tripping over his words. Well… that and he owed her an explanation before things got cold again. ”I was a bookworm in a military family. They thought I was too fragile to train with the rest of the kids who manifested their Sharingan long before I did. In fact, they got rid of me. Shipped me off to Sunagakure to become a doctor. They said…” And he mimicked his father’s voice when he quoted him. ”There’s nothing I can teach you anymore. Your life is that of a scholar, not of a warrior. Blah blah blah.” Hopefully she’d accept this little tidbit of information as enough of an excuse for his laughter.

Knowing that they were cut from the same cloth (so to speak) gave him some form of solace. Now he knew that he would be good enough for her. At least that he didn’t have to fight with himself about it anyways. He tended to be his own worst enemy. Call it a curse or burden from his childhood. ”No. I’m glad you can speak so freely about yourself and I’m glad that it’s with me.” Having someone to confide in was allowed you make sense of things, to put them in perspective. Akechi appreciated the fact that she chose him to carry such a burden. He’d help her “shoulder the load” as they say.

”Let’s see. Red, just outside of Sunagakure and that I’ll be inadequate or that my clan will die with tainted name. My greatest fear would have to a tie between those two.” Akechi commented, catching the bottle of champagne in stride as he answered her questions in order. The Uchiha also managed to slip some orange juice out of the fridge as she held it open. Part of his long affinity list. Kinesis. It allowed him to move stuff with a couple of gestures. Grabbing a couple of glasses and some fresh pineapples as a garnish, he whipped up some classic mimosas. The perfect little early morning taste, and it would mesh with whatever breakfast was served. ”Well… if you want gore. There was this one time where I had to break into a Water Country naval ship. There was some top secret ‘weapon down’ there. Ended up being a woman whose soul was locked inside of a sword. So here I am walking out with this ship with this sword, and she starts screaming to the top of her lungs, ‘I want my revenge.’ And this is right as I reach the bow of the ship!” Yeah. A lot of people died that day.

”I think I got surrounded by at least 30 – 35 men. Swordwoman and I cut through them though. She was kind of crazy. Yelling as I was wielding her. Weird stuff.” Well… that was his story for the day. At least for now. He had plenty of those from his travels, and one that changed him into the man he was today. Honestly, he just hoped that he could forget about that one. ”Now it’s your time. Tell me a story while you show me how to make this food. You know… something other than good ol’ ramen.”

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The laughter managed to take the young woman quite a ways back as she paused in her spot to twist on the balls of her feet to look at him. A questioning look would cross her features. Well, she wanted to laugh too. After all, she couldn't help but feel like she was the butt end of the amusement here. Yikes. Puffing up her cheeks a tiny bit, a small bit of pink would cross over her features as she almost immediately twisted back around. Then, that was when he finally decided to let her in on the secret. So, wait. His family saw him in a similar light? She'd release a small breath that she had been holding. She should've figured that he wouldn't be laughing at her in such a manner. Geesh. "Sunagakure? What a droll place. They must've really wanted you to be a scholar," she'd give a small snort as she started working carefully with her hands to begin a meal. "Though, people do not understand that it's more of a matter of the mind. If you wish to make something of yourself, you have to set it as your distinct goal and never give up." She'd nod her head a bit as she continued to listen to him speak. His words intrigued her. He had some interesting fears, she thought. That was what they, as humans, boiled down to though. They both did not wish to disappoint nor allow their family to have mud slung all over their good reputation. Whereas he may have been succeeding, she knew that she was definitely failing. Her name may not have been Kono as it was a fabricated name given to all of the Daimyo, but she felt a distinct connection with all of them. Hell, it still pissed her the hell off how that newspaper made it seem like a man had been the Daimyo! There had not been one of those since the second Daimyo anyways. As the water came to a quick boil, she would point over to the fish that she had laid out on the counter.

"There, cut that into decent sized pieces." She'd comment. She made sure he would have his piece to cut up. How could she deny him of that? "And that was a very interesting memory." She'd speak, her blonde brows raising in surprise. A talking sword seemed absurd, but so did a mind controlling demon, so she had no room to speak. "My turn to tell a story?" She seemed a bit taken back. What story would she tell? She had become an ANBU, and one hell of one. So yes, there were plenty of stories to tell. Cracking open an egg into the boiling water, she would grasp onto a spoon and keep it's shape as it was cooked by the water there: "Ah, uhm. . . A story about the 'good old days'. Haha. One of my team members had been kidnapped because of her small stature by a cult. Now, rule number one: You don't fuck with an ANBU's team. That's a nono." She'd laddle the egg out of the boiling water soon after, her hands going a normal flush from the warm steam rising up. She would carefully place it in a bowl to keep the yolk from breaking now. "They told me that I was too involved, and I spat in my superior's faces. If I couldn't save her, then who could? Someone who had just come out of the Academy? Nahh..." Another egg would be broken and poured with ease into the water. "I traced this cult back to some kind of a strange compound. Everyone in the area called it the 'Jashinist Compound'. I hadn't even known that such a thing existed within the Earth Country, but I guess prying. . . Or torture. . . gets you all of the right answers." Her head would nod as she sunk her white teeth into her lower lip. Why was she telling this story, of all the stories she had? It was the most brutal one, and it was going to be breakfast time in a little while. Bah, but she couldn't pull back now, could she?

"So I made my way to that compound, and the guards didn't even see their deaths coming. The first one I could vividly remember, and that was an ice stake through his brain stem and the second guard couldn't even break his eyes away for a moment, even as I slit his throat ear to ear." Until this day, even in the pit of her stomach, she did not feel remorse for what she did. The other egg would be removed with care from the water. "I broke down the door with my bare fists. I remember my knuckles bleeding, but I didn't care. I didn't feel it. The only thing that I felt was the need to get her back. I pulled my sword from my back. Hell, I don't even think that sword had tasted blood until that day. I was mad in many different definitions of the word. I guess that's something that has to do with my family line: The supposed Gods flip a coin every time one of us is born. Either you're absolutely insane or dull." She'd smile a small bit, though. "That's just a rumor, by the by. In that compound, there were devices for all sorts of torture and hell. I couldn't even imagine what they had in mind for my teammate. And I didn't want to. Every person that I encountered, I cut down. Man or woman. Old or young. It didn't matter. The massacre of those people would continue until I had her back safe and sound. And I got my wish. Though, apparently a few people had managed to escape the carnage. I couldn't believe I had been so sloppy." A small chuckle would escape her lips now as she paced over, grabbing a hold of his wrist whether or not he had been cutting the fish now. Her hand would grasp tightly, but not enough to bring him any harm.

"I tell you this story for one reason, and one reason only. It was because it was of my own, sober consciousness that I killed all of those people. I bled them all dry without a second thought." She'd pause, holding her breath for a moment.

"And I don't feel any kind of remorse, what so ever. I actually. . . I. . . had a lust for it. I had a fondness, an affection for the pain and torment that I brought upon them. And that was the day that I truly realized that I feared not the demonic side of me, but the human side of me because my animosity knew no boundaries." Now, she'd let go of his wrist if she had actually managed to grab onto it, and then she would attempt to take a full step backwards. "I did not rely on a single shred of the demon's strength that day. And she never let me lose those memories." A small laugh would come from her throat as she dropped her cerulean gaze down towards the floor in thought. Other than the girl she saved that day, Akechi was now one of the only people that knew the story. Did she truly trust him that much? It seemed so.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”They did. They really wanted me to be a scholar.” Akechi’s voice seemed to dip low, but only for a second as he found himself feeling somewhat nostalgic about his parents. Even though he knew they believed him to be a failure, Akechi knew that they still loved him in someway. Sure, it wasn’t unconditionally as parents should love their children, but their attitude toward him was a product of the world that they lived in. In fact, it was why his mom rebelled, and why his sister followed in her footsteps by accepting a piece of a demonic soul. The Uchiha hated himself for his weakness, and in time he became the warrior that his parents would’ve been proud of. He didn’t do it for them, but he became such a warrior so that others wouldn’t have to feel the sting of not knowing unconditional love. That was the story he wanted to tell, but didn’t have the courage to. He simply didn’t know how she’d take it. ”Well… I did become a scholar. So I guess they were right.” Akechi giggled, grabbing a gourmet knife from her collection and lining up the fish neatly. Quickly, yet oddly methodical, the man began chopping the fish to decently sized pieces and shuffling them toward Haruka’s side of the counter so that she could reach them at ease. ”Became a warrior too. I guess I just needed the right push. Their deaths did that. My brother’s death too… I just wish I had known sooner…” The wide grin on his face dimmed to more of a slight one as he alluded to a “push” that caused him to become the man that stood before Haruka today. He hated that day, and he didn’t feel any pride in what he had done that day. He had failed…

He failed himself…

He failed his clan…

He failed his parents…

And he failed his brother…

”Do you think there is any honor or pride in death? Ah, never mind that.” Akechi kind of waived off the question as quickly as he asked it, winking and smiling as he playfully poked at her side. He honestly hated talking about that day so much that he hid behind façade after façade to get away from it. Thankfully, she saved him with a story… her story… filled to the brim with bloody, gory details. The way she told it was pretty interesting too. It was a story about the “good ol’ days,” complete with that sound of eggs smashing against a counter and its innards spilling into boiling water. Funny how women tended to mix violence with good ol’ fashion kitchen cooking. It showed that they didn’t have any remorse for the different atrocities that they had committed, or at least that they filtered it a bit differently than their male counterparts… at least the sane ones. Then again, Akechi was different than most. He valued the lives of every human being, and he mourned the deaths of those that lost their lives… even his enemies. However, the sadness that he felt in his heart never caused him to take pity on anyone that was in his way… anyone.

He couldn’t allow it to because their deaths were for a greater cause. That was what he believed…

”No remorse?” She didn’t have any remorse for the hell that she brought to their doorstep. She had rescued her friend, a member of her team, and slaughtered the members of a cult that desired to torture her for some reason. Haruka had stormed into an enemy stronghold, and did what was necessary for her friend under her own cognizance. Though a demon rested within the confines of her mind, it was the girl that bled these people dry without a second thought. She wanted him to know that. Haruka grabbed his wrist, looked into his reddened eyes, and made sure that he could understand that very fact before she took a step backwards…

Was it because she was afraid that he’d think her a monster? It didn’t matter. Akechi dropped the knife on the counter and took a full step forward, attempting to catch both of her hands and stare back into her eyes before she could retreat. ”You did what you had to. And you’d do it again as you should. Your loyalty to your friends knows no boundaries,” Akechi countered, his words followed by raising her chin to meet his, and another passionate kiss before taking a step backwards. He trusted her after all. She didn’t need to be worried about such things. Her lust for vengeance was the same as his, and his was more widespread. ”Um… the water…” By this point the boiling water had begun to mildly flow over the top, obviously a bit too hot as their conversation lingered. Chuckling, Akechi flipped the knife back in his hands as if he were ready for some more cutting.

”So while I wait for you to give me something else to cut, why don’t you tell me your greatest fear? O, and your favorite body part!” Something serious with something much more… fun.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

No fucking regrets. That was just the way that she had been for a long, long time, but now every inch of her being flooded with regret much like a floodgate being open, or rather broken down. And how scarring it was, when someone looked at it closely enough. His pokes at her side were enough to break the serious trance that she had fallen into for the time being, and she squirmed a bit on her feet, her hand reaching down to unconsciously brush it away. She could hold in the squeak, thankfully enough. Though he didn't need to think that she had forgotten his question even if she began explaining her story to him. No, that would be answered later, probably when he least expected it. As he passed over the cut up pieces, she would reach out and place them into a heated pan on the stove without skipping a beat. Thankfully it didn't take much to cook fish. In a sauce pan near the back, she would also grab a bottle filled with something that looked like a dressing-- Don't ask, it was going to taste absolutely amazing, though. One of her family members from a distant land had taught her this recipe, and it was something that she sought to perfect. After all, if she couldn't cook, what kind of woman would she be? Soon, though, after her little episode of grabbing onto his wrist and showing him just how serious she was at that point in time, he wouldn't allow her to pull away. His hands grasped hers and she paused herself for just a moment. Someone that agreed with her... It made an odd sensation of fluttering inside of her stomach, like the butterflies on crack or something along those lines. She had caught a lot of shit from that action, but here was someone that agreed that she had actually done the right thing. Her brain would stop any coherent thought as she felt his lips press against her own once more and she would move herself closer to meet that kiss. Her hands would grasp at his as she felt him step away, and her eyes would peer up towards him in an almost dazed manner.

If he'd been there in that point of time, though, would it have mattered? Did it even matter now? If she kept on dwelling so much on the past and the last chapter read, then how would she push forward in this book? Hearing his words about the water, she would give a sudden gasp as she snapped out of whatever daze she had been in and she shook her head. "Ah, shit. My bad. I was just a little bit distracted." She'd mumble, twisting herself swiftly to reach out and cut the water down from it's boil. "And yes, I would do it again, but the list of people I would do it for, though, is very limited at this point." She'd speak quietly, getting all of the hot stuff on the stove under control. Pushing over some bread to him, that was obviously the next thing that he needed to cut up for her. She would put the rest of the fish on to cook now, the meat giving a sizzle in between their conversation. "Greatest fear. . . Body parts. . ." She'd tap a finger against her lips as she thought it over, continuing to poach the eggs very carefully and she would stir the sauce in the little pan. "My greatest fear was being inadequate and not giving my people what they needed before, but now I am past that point. So right now my greatest fear is probably uh... wow, this is a hard question." She furrowed her eyebrows together. "At this point my greatest fear is probably someone stumbling across the vegetative body of the Medical Sennin and connecting the fact that he's brain dead to me." Something that she would keep from happening at all costs. Even if it meant going missing from the country and leaving the last bit of solace she had behind. It was kind of all about self preservation right now, and people were bound to be not-so-nice to her right now due to the fact that there was a false newspaper flying around stating that she and her family were full of liars and cheats. Hurray.

"Favorite body part would have to be eyes. I always catch myself looking into people's eyes. They're kind of like the window to their soul." She'd square her shoulders and shrug. That was a not so hard question that she had to answer there. "And your's would be?" She would inquire as she would take the pieces of bread that he were to inevitably cut up and put them to toast. "Food's almost done." She'd nod her head a bit as she examined the cooking fish, making sure that it was not going to burn or anything like that. She would remove it from the head and move it to a different counter.

"You know, you didn't just have to answer the example questions, right?" She'd grin a bit as she looked over towards him. "I'd like to know everything and more. I've got a lot of time on my hands and I'm a curious person." And then she'd pause for a moment, "Can you speak Bohemian?" Could he speak the country's language? Bohemian and the vernacular language were her languages though she knew she should've spoke more than just two languages to have been a leader, but no one needed to know that she didn't.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Bread. Bread was next on the chopping block. He wasn’t much of a cook but he knew how to prepare different food products. The Uchiha knew that it required a bit more finesse than the meat required because of its delicate nature. He relaxed his technique a bit as the woman continued to handle the rest of the food preparations. Cutting was the easy part though, she held the true task of today. Thankfully, Akechi had a knack for learning so he decided to pay close attention to her technique. He wanted to cook some food for her one day, and he’d use some of the techniques that she taught him to do so. After all, the Sharingan was more than just a tool for battle; it could’ve also served as a tool for knowledge. Its rhythmic rotation recorded what was viewed through its crimson colored lenses, and it communicated that information to the Uchiha.

”Limited, eh? Certain family members...? Akechi responded, giggling as she mentioned that her list of people that she’d save had been drastically shortened. I guess she truly did feel slighted by the people that casted her aside as if she were yesterday’s garbage. What they did was wrong, after all. Akechi felt that they didn’t deserve the woman’s service, and he surely wouldn’t blame her if she decided to turn her back on them. It would be just like returning the favor. ”O and me, of course.” He laughed. It was obvious the way they felt about one another, and neither of them made any point in hiding it. Akechi never really did, and though Haruka was slow to show her true feelings before she was like an open book now.

Did I mention that the fish smelled absolutely delightful? It really did smell fantastic, and everything seemed to have been coming together pretty nicely. It hadn’t even been 30 mins, and a full meal had almost been completed. Haruka was something else, wasn’t she? Or maybe this was the way that all women cooked? Akechi could faintly remember his mom being the same way, but it was so long ago and he didn’t appreciate it the way he appreciated it now. I guess children would always be that way. It was all a part of the maturation process. Akechi only hoped that his kids would be able to live in a world where they could grow to appreciate things like this without the bloodshed that he had to witness. That was what he wished for. That was what he truly hoped for.

She used to feel the same as Akechi did. She wanted to prove that she belonged to her family. Her greatest fear was that she was inadequate, but it had since changed into something far more sorrowful. She feared the day that she would be caught for her role in a Medical Sennin’s disappearance. ”The man that helped you rid yourself of Haru. It was him, wasn’t it Haruka?” He questioned, his head lowering toward the counter as he avoided eye contact with the woman. Honestly, he still hated the fact that she went to him first but her guilt overrode that of his jealousy. She was responsible for something horrific, and it was clear that she felt terrible about it. ”If there is anything that I can do to help retrieve him from that empty abyss. Let me know.” Raising his head and turning his gaze upon her, he reaffirmed that he’d do whatever she needed him to. Especially if it were to save someone dear to her…

Switching topics to something less heavy. ”Would you think less of me if I said your ass?” He laughed, reaching over and poking her right on the side of her little bubble. Her body was pretty fantastic. Exactly what you’d expect from a kunoichi such as herself. Chest was the second best feature, and eyes came in right behind at third. But seriously. He did have another feature that he loved to glare at. ”I do love a woman’s smile. Your species have a way of making us feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. That smile is all I need to drop my guard. Maybe that’s why I fell for you in the first place,” the man giggled, propping himself on the counter as Haruka continued to finish cooking. Damn was it looking good. Probably the first real homemade breakfast that he’d had in a long time.

”Nope. No Bohemian. I would love to learn though.” Akechi responded, stroking his chin before going back to her first question. ”Hmmmm… I’m not sure where to start though. The beginning. The middle. The future. There’s soooo much. Where would you like me to start?” Where indeed. I mean there was so much.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Was it not a woman's job to be skilled in the kitchen? At least, that was how a lot of people saw it anyways. Though, she did have people constantly cooking her food when she was younger, by the age of twelve she had given up on such a thing because she just didn't like the idea of people serving her. After all, she was a big girl and she could burn whatever food she may all by her lonesome. Independence had always been the way that she worked. She ate it, breathed it, and hell, the one time that she fell back into another person, it ended up crumbling right before her eyes-- So it was hard for her to let someone in, and she had let him in. Now, did he know just how special he was? Perhaps, perhaps not. "Limited to you and the family that remains here." She'd comment now, making sure that nothing that she had on the stove would burn. Ah, she had a vigilant eye after all. Something you really needed for her line of work and first passion: Being something sort of a 'Holy hell, did I just get my face ripped off by this chick' kind of person. Then, she would begin to assemble the things that she had crafted carefully on the lightly toasted pieces of bread. No need to overkill it. It was an art! First the bread, then the poached egg, and then the seared fish. That was when the sauce she had made came into play. A buttery type of sauce, she recalled that one of the cooks in the big kitchen she would stumble around in called it something like 'hollandaise'. It rolled off the tongue in a funny way. That's why she never necessarily pronounced it. If he asked, she'd just blurt out some random Bohemian name for it. Why not?

From the corner of her eye, she would notice that he would drop his gaze after she spoke of her role in the Sennin's disappearance. She couldn't help but hold her breath just lightly. She'd be foolish to say that she didn't notice that something along the lines about it bothered him, but did he honestly know that, you know, she had more of a self-preservation type of thing going on in not wanting to be caught red handed and attached to it? "Naturally." She'd comment lightly, looking a bit off to the side as she attempted to figure it out in her mind. Holding her hand up just lightly, she'd offer a smile now. "Don't worry about it. And I'll stop talking about depressing things. I do have more than just a sob story to live." It was true. And then, something out of the blue came from his mouth and she would blink very suddenly. Her cheeks would stain that odd blue coloration almost immediately.

"You know I wouldn't think less of you." Her cheeks puffed up a tiny bit as she attempted to will away that stinkin' blush from her cheeks. "But I will say you better watch your back rather than mine. You never know what will happen." She'd state very plainly now. A threat? Maybe a loose one, but she knew what exactly it meant. Hah. As he mentioned her smile, she would look over at him and cross her eyes a bit, making a stupid face at him and sticking her tongue out. "Nyeh. Nice save." Now, back to finishing everything up. Reaching over, she would grab onto a few pre-cut chives and she would sprinkle them over the creations she had just made for the two to eat. "There. It's done." There would be enough for the two, and more. Hurray for bulk cooking? Hah. Now then, there came the question of Bohemian. It was an interesting language, a bit strange on the tongue and not one that you really wanted to talk dirty in, but hey, it worked:

"Chtěl bych znát svou minulost, přítomnost a svou budoucnost. Chtěl bych znát vaše sny. Oh, a já bych rád, aby vás naučí mluvit mým jazykem. Pokud jste ochotni, budu mít čas." She would pick up the plates and pace over to the table, setting everything down. "I could be mean and talk to you in nothing but Bohemian, but I don't think you'd like that. Plus, after speaking it enough, you tend to sound like a braying donkey." Now, she'd motion for him to sit down with her.

"Start at the middle." She'd state for him, "Tell me about your endeavors and what drew you to this country. Who has kept you here so long from Sunagakure?" Aaaand go~.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Awwww. Now I feel special. And safe,” Akechi giggled as he reached for the delicious meal that Haruka had created for them. Yes. He beat her to the punch, just to be a gentleman! The Uchiha split the creation into two dishes, moving them from kitchen counter to a dining room table. At least what the thought was the dining room table. There were chairs there and it looked like a dining room table, but who knows what anything is in a house this big. He placed the food down on the table as he motioned for Haruka to come and sit down, pulling the chair out for her and scooting it forward as she started to sit. You know, just like a true gentleman would do. That was what he was, after all. Not many in this day and age but that was exactly what he was. ”Sob stories are what make us, us. It isn’t what defines us but it is what drove us to become the people that we are today. It’s ok if we talk about them.” After all, it wasn’t the sob story part but it was her reliance on this other dude that kind of bothered him. The feeling was fleeting and he since had gotten over this passing emotion of envy, but Akechi didn’t want her to feel guilty for her actions… at least not anymore than she already had.

”This meal really does look amazing,” Akechi complimented, fetching the chilled glasses from the fridge along with the freshly made mimosas from earlier. The Uchiha poured its contents in a glass for Haruka, topping it with the pineapple garnish before repeating the same steps for himself. He took a sip of the liquid before taking a bite of the fish that she had prepared for him. ”Damn that’s good. You really can cook. What’s this sauce called?” He asked, dipping the fish and the bread in the sauce as he ate with a overly delighted look on his face. It had been awhile since he had a home cooked meal. Like seriously, it had been a ridiculously long period of time since then. He truly felt blessed to be eating in a place like this, with a woman as beautiful as she was. It was a far cry from the life that he normally led, and it was a sample of everything that he could’ve possibly wanted.

”Watching your back is far more satisfying, by the way. I mean, it is perfectly formed and has a nice sort of roundness to it. I didn’t even check to see if it bounced.” He mused, half joking with the woman as they sat and ate together. Her body was perfect, at least in his eyes. ”Chtěl bych znát svou minulost, přítomnost a svou budoucnost. Chtěl bych znát vaše sny. Oh, a já bych rád, aby vás naučí mluvit mým jazykem. Pokud jste ochotni, budu mít čas.” He repeated back to her, and in perfect form and diction. Akechi’s ability to mimic the targets of his Sharingan truly was amazing. Even if he didn’t mean to do it intentionally, the constant recording of abilities and actions were a part of him now. He couldn’t turn it off, but it also allowed him to do certain things that normal people could not have. Mimicking a language was just another sample of his ability…

”I have no idea what I just said. But my Sharingan does allow me to mimic you. Perhaps I can learn just by listening to you… or watching you.” Akechi laughed, switching to eggs and washing them back with a couple of sips. Mimosas were a hell of a way to start the morning. It gave you a new appreciation for breakfast or whatever this was. He’d lost track of time, or rather he felt like it had stood still while he was around her. ”The middle, you say?”

”Well… I was blind for a while. My eyes had expired after…” He paused for a second, obvious hesitation in his voice as he thought about the death of his brother. He wanted to forget that horrific day but he knew that he couldn’t. That sorrow was what made him who he was, and what would shape the future that he hoped build. ”Well anyways. My brother gifted me with these eyes as a parting gift… a gift that returned my sight so that I could carry on the legacy of our family.” She did say the middle of his story didn’t she? Talking about his brother was definitely the beginning of his story…

”During my absence from Sunagakure, they demoted me. I returned to that village after I lost everything, and they took away my white coat… made me a Med nin in Training again. After awhile, I realized that they simply didn’t trust me. And then I figured out why. They had planned a black ops operation that involved a raid on my reservation. They believed that we were stockpiling power… that we were stockpiling weapons due to our “isolation” from them. They thought we were going to try to overthrow them… They became suspicious of us and they had decided to attack us first. They were the reason I lost my family when all we wanted was peace. That was why I left, and why I came here.” Akechi explained, speaking rather plainly instead of angry. He was at peace with the facts now. ”To travel here I had to make some money as a mercenary. Mostly odd jobs, some assassination missions… mostly theft though. I guess I’m good at getting in an out.”

I mean… he moved at the speed of light. Stepping through dimensions tended to do that.

”I came here to look for a place for my people to settle. I want to rebuild my clan, and live in peace and harmony for once. However, I just don’t think that’s possible. Not with the way this world works. I don’t think that dream could ever exist as long as this archaic caste system exists. People that act because they are told instead of think for themselves. Families will continue to be lost. People will continue to die. Understanding each other becomes impossible, and hatred will be allowed to fester. That is what I hope to change.” Maybe a bit too much information but she did ask him to explain what he had been looking for.

”Sorry. I get carried away sometimes. What’s one of your dreams? Something you want to accomplish over all else.”

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Gek, it seemed that he had gotten to the food that she had prepared first to take it over to the table. Well, damnit. She was just that kind of person who would take all the time out to serve a special guest of hers something in a proper way. But hey, weren't they sharing practically everything at this point anyways? Food, dish, and whatever else wise. After all, the young woman held secrets of the country locked within her that she couldn't muster revealing no matter the fucked up shit that everyone seemed to toss at her. "I'd like a different definition for my story." She'd comment a bit off-handedly. After all, she was the strongest shinobi of the village besides her comrades in arms, and she wasn't even being cocky about it. Even Souji had forsaken himself with her mother's curse and prowess to attempt to match her. The last she could remember, though, was that he was still behind. A shame, wasn't it? "I think I'll become the driver." Her mother mentioned things along those lines: The dark passenger and the driver. A hitch hiker. Reaching out for the glass, she would soon give it a taste, and then another sip. Wow, it was pretty good! It would compliment the meal nicely. Picking up utensils, she would begin to carve at the plate in front of her. The finely crafted meal would be sectioned off into manageable pieces now.

"An old Stone secret," she'd comment with a wink, "It's not like I used the blood of children or something in it, so you're safe." Unless he had any allergies. Oops, she didn't even ask. Well, what kind of ninja-type-person had allergies anyways? She knew that she did towards avocado, but who in the hell ate that here often anyways? Blergh. Now, to just casually ignore that comment about her backside. It was almost enough to cause the young woman to roll her eyes, but she held it in. There was really nothing tremendous about it. Or at least from what she could see. . . Then, as she heard him mimic Bohemian in a flawless tone, she would feel her eyebrows raise in surprise. Wow. She didn't even know that he could do that. It was incredibly intriguing, to say the very least. Something that nearly left her dumbfounded. "You may learn just by listening, but will you really understand? Or will you be my little parrot?" She'd drop her gaze down at the plate as she speared her food, bringing it up to her lips to take a bite. She hadn't realized how long it had been since she ate. The hunger didn't rear its head in the form of nausea, so she was practically safe there. She could listen for a bit. Alternating between bites and small sips, finding herself leaning closer to get a clue on what the middle of the story really was. Now, could she imagine the things that he had gone through? She probably would have just called it quits at becoming blin. After all, was there really any point of trudging on when one was not used to being blinded? He preservered, though, and that was an admirable trait. So, he was not affiliated with Sunagakure any more it seemed. Was he one of those mercenaries that she had met so many of coming from Mist and the like? It was definitely a possibility here, but there was another very real possibility: He was a Missing, someone who was considered a traitor and the type of person that she beheaded for no monetary gain. Thankfully, though, he wouldn't be seeing the end of her blade. After all, people were able to keep such natures quiet, but he would more than likely figure it out eventually.

It was a good thing that she wouldn't make any sort of big deal out of it. "You know, it may sound foolish, but I do think that you could find a place to settle within the Earthen Country." Her shoulder would shrug now as she looked up. "We have many refugees. It's a mixed background. Kind of like a melting pot of people, I guess." It made sense. Leaf Nin, Mist Nin, and Stone Nin all intermingled into one big conglomerate, though some had even found a way to weed into the upper levels of the governmental system here. All with the way that people played their cards, she guessed.

"A dream?" Now she would be taken back a bit. Did she have many of those anymore? He really was able to stick a pin right in her shoulder there. Something that she had to think about for a few moments, her silence the one thing to leave the air unmoved between them. "I guess my dream is simple: To be happy and to master all of the things that no one dreamed I could accomplish." Happiness, after all, was key. "Sounds kind of silly, right? I guess I don't really have a legitimate dream or goal like you do. Though, I would like to find one that I could put forth my time and energy towards."

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”A different direction for your story?” He said inaudibly, almost as if he had desired to ask what she meant by that. Honestly, he knew what she meant but he posed the question to himself anyways. Haruka wanted to stand on her own two feet and live her life according to what she truly desired. It was cocky and it was selfish, but it truly was a genuine wish. In a way, it allowed him to see that she really was serious about desiring something else other than the position that she had lost. The ice queen would live for herself and those that she chose to live for, rather than the feeling of obligation to those considered her subjects. It was admirable to see another live with such conviction, uninhibited by honoring those traditions that she chose to neglect… or rather they foolishly rejected her.

”You in the driver’s seat? Scary thought,” Akechi giggled, playfully twirling a piece of fish through the air before eating it. For some reason, he felt himself compelled to figure out the extent of the power that she possessed. Something about the term “driver seat” piqued his curiosity about such things as he scarfed down some more food. The chakra of the beautiful blonde had only changed in color and intensity; however, Akechi could see that the level of her chakra was similar. Though she had lost much, it didn’t seem like her losses included her power. In fact, it seemed as if she had gained a bit of control… unless she was feeling “blue.” Get it? Because she tended to freeze things over...

You get the point!

”An old stone secret, eh? I guess I haven’t received my membership pass yet.” Joking, of course. The food really was delicious though. That succulent taste was further intensified by the mere fact that quality food tended to be hard to come by… at least when you were out on the road as much as he was. Speaking of which, how would she respond to some of travels? I mean, he had to move around quite a bit, especially considering what his future plans were. He hadn’t gone into detail or anything like that yet, but he somehow believed that she would understand him. She had to. If not his darling Haruka, then who would understand what he had chosen to do? ”Aren’t parrots the best listeners?” Akechi asked, finishing with the delicious meal in front of him before moving on to his second helping of the orange cocktail that he crafted. He was doing a little bit more than mimicking her speech, he was recording it with the Sharingan. ”I’m a quick learner, Haruka-chan. I’m pretty sure I can figure it out with such a masterful teacher.”

Learning the native tongue of this country was pretty important if he hoped to integrate himself in their society. It was an easy way to hide himself in plain sight, blending in as if he were just another fixture in their environment. Not just that, but it also would prove his devotion to her. Maybe such notions would be lost upon her, but he to try anyways. That was just who he was. These type of actions came quite naturally to him. ”But seriously. I’d love to learn.” And it would help if he did choose to settle down in the Earth Country. In a perfect world, it would be a no brainer for him. He didn’t have a home to call his own and she did, so it made perfect sense for him to move to the country. However, this world was far from perfect…

”I’d love to. Just to be closer to you anyways. But… I don’t think I can.” There was that thing about him being a missing nin. Too many people were skeptical about people with similar backgrounds. The world taught them to think this way without understanding, just as the world had taught them to hate the Uchiha without reason. ”The people in this village… They wouldn’t accept someone like me.” An Uchiha. A vagabond. A wanderer. A traitor. A Missing Nin…

The Revolutionary Rogue…

”I want to see it.” Akechi responded. He wanted to see her dream with his own eyes. When she found exactly what she was looking for anyways…

”I just want to see when you finally figure out what that is. When your eyes light up upon discovering the path that you want to walk in life. Becoming the driver, right?” She wanted to drive, and in order to drive you needed a destination. That was what Akechi wanted for her…

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

A snort that would echo from the young woman's nose would be one of the only responses towards the worry of her in the driver's seat. It wasn't like she was some kind of drunk driver, or something crazy like that. Hell, the shinobi world really didn't need that kind of bullshit anyways with the high rate of--- Oh, whatever. It's just ramblings now, wasn't it? She'd reach out and grab the finely crafted drink and she would uh, actually drink it all in one go. Might as well work on getting a healthy drunk, right?... "Oh, please," she'd comment after a small breath, extending one of her fingers out towards him. "You'll find yourself just as attracted to the scary part of me as well." Bam, and like that, she would give quite the blunt answer as she placed the glass down, a small smirk crossing over her mauve lips now. "And yanno, parrots are good listeners, yes. But I don't think you'd want to sit on my shoulder, nor do I wish to be some kind of pirate anyways." She'd stand up, using the backs of her legs to push the chair back and away. "Quick learners, steadfast, uh. . . Things like that. I don't think you're one of those because you've told me of the Sharingan you have access to." Obviously, she was making a joke. All special abilities had a name, right? Whether he knew them or not was beyond her. Pacing over to the fridge, she'd pull it open and grab a clear bottle that had a frosted over look to it, pouring it into the cup that she had recently drained. Her fingers would twirl the bottle's neck in an odd manner, causing the container to spin in a circle without spilling any of the contents. Silently, she would listen to him worry of acceptance here and it made her sigh just a small bit. She didn't want him to worry about such things, mainly because she knew that the only person that had to accept him was her. He could leave the rest to her, but she wouldn't tell him that. It'd sound a bit odd. Just as odd as a woman sitting back in the driver's seat of any kind of vehicle.

Closing the door to the fridge, she'd press the glass against her lips, feeling the cold collect in the surface. She seemed to be thoughtful at the very moment, mulling over his words. "Stop," she'd speak with a sudden tone as she looked at him in a stern manner. Dropping her arms, she'd move over to stand beside him, placing the glass down on the table beside his. "The acceptance thing?" She'd whisper now, reaching out very carefully to take a grasp of his face to make him look at her. "Don't feed me that bullshit." That, yet another blunt statement as she watched him with hardened eyes. She'd shake her head then, stray strands of her hair flowing and falling beside her face. "I'm not going to go through the whole speech about being cast out like garbage, because it's been said and done, but acceptance should be the last worry in your mind right now. Do you know why? Because fuck those other people. If they are as one dimensional and Pharisaical to treat someone in such a manner. . . Then they shouldn't even exist in your mind." She almost felt as if she needed to hold her breath at a moment like this, but she didn't. She could feel the desire to bite her tongue, but she just couldn't. She was done being that person. Her place was here and now, not being stuck within the confines of chapters written before. Her hands would move lightly down his face and she would move in attempts to bring her arms around his neck, and to place herself in his lap. If allowed, she'd move to press her front to his in a tight embrace.

"I can understand if you don't want to live in a place like this. Just don't tell me you'll let the judgments of the single minded truly have any effect upon you."

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”How do you know I’m not attracted to that side of you already?” Akechi asked, matching Haruka’s chug with a gulp of his own. Haruka’s glass was completely full when she decided to swallow the rest of her drink. I mean, he didn’t make them overly strong but there was enough alcohol in them to get a moderate buzz out of it. Maybe even more than that if she wasn’t a huge drinker. Mimosas had the ability to sneak up on a person with about a +3 stealth check. The orange juice and the garnish tended to mask that presence of alcohol, and considering the quality of the alcohol that Haruka kept around her house, the potency was greatly intensified. In other words, it made for a fantastic drink but not one made for the chugging.

It did make you wonder though. If she had gotten drunk would she be able to control herself or did he have to worry about another climate change? Well… he did say he was become attracted to that side of her. Akechi was probably the only person that truly did accept her for who she truly was, flaws and all. It honestly didn’t matter how “scary” she could get, or how often the weather changed when he was around her. All that he knew was that he could see a future. Perhaps it was that beautiful scent that he smelled when she was around him. Her beautiful blonde hair or icy blue eyes that peered down on him as she sat her glass down. The sound of her voice entranced him, controlled his emotions in some incomprehensible way. Perhaps there was a voice in his head or a small bit of his subconscious that urged him to run away, but it was already too late for him. He had been caught in her web, and it didn’t look like he had any form of escape…

And he honestly didn’t want to…

”I don’t think I’d fit on your shoulder but you sitting on my lap fits perfectly… its like a dream.” Akechi spoke, slightly giggling as he placed a finger at the very tip of her hair, gently playing with a couple of strands as he listened to what she had to say. Her eyes had been hardened by the life that she had lived, an unfortunate trait of normalcy within this forsaken world. Everyone experienced perilous hardships… Everyone. There was nothing original about it in this world, and it was Akechi’s mission to ensure that the future generations of his people wouldn’t have to endure what he had to endure. Perhaps it was his soft heart that still remained at the core of his hardened exterior. ”They don’t bother me. But it isn’t just me that I have to worry about,” Akechi sighed; resting his face against her shoulder, his lips partially pressed at the base of her neck, just below her ear. The Uchiha closed his eyes as he gently kissed her neck as he continued to listen to her express herself. She had lived in the shadows for too long it seemed…

Now she could speak freely and without inhibition…

”I have to worry about you… and I have to worry about the clan that I hope to rebuild. We need a place that we can live in peace. A piece of land that isn’t governed by people that hate us. From what I can see… Endo is probably the worst of them.”

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sure, sure, sure. Things weren't made to be chugged, gulped, or whatever else, but people who weren't bothered by the cold nor the heat running through their veins would not allow it to phase them too much, right? Righty. Now, this much was not potent enough to get the young woman drunk because she had a hell of a tolerance, so he only needed to rest assured that her actions were that of her own volition. A small, dry laugh would pass her lips at his comment and she made herself comfortable there on his lap. "Hardly a dream, but I'll take the compliment." She'd murmur, rolling her eyes just the slightest of bits as she leaned further into the male. His warmth was entrancing. It was strange, but she felt like she was drawn into the flame like a freakin' moth. As his lips pressed closely to her flesh, she attempted to quell the slight shiver that wanted to tickle up and along her spine. A soft spot was what he seemed to have found, but she'd never admit it. She'd listen to him in silence, not interrupting what he spoke about and she closed her eyes for a moment. "Endo? The worst of them?" She hardly knew the Tsuchikage, but it was like every time she was supposed to meet with him and discuss things, she found herself entranced off in the distance by a dust particle or a bug. . . You know, worthwhile things to someone who had the occasional bought of ADD. "I never paid attention to the minute things in my life." She'd state very bluntly in regards to the man he had addressed. Whoops, did she do some strange kind of 'real talk' Haruka style?

"We share, right?" She'd comment, sliding her hands down to grasp at his hand, holding it lightly in both of hers. She'd trace her fingers along the back of that hand as she moved to look him in the eye. "I will worry about you, and I will worry about the clan that you strive to build back up. I will not let anyone, nor anything oppress the flourishing of your clan. Even if that means disabling the people that get in the way." She would speak in a very serious tone as she watched him carefully, hoping to catch any kind of glimmer of emotion that would cross his features to remedy that. She didn't wish to freak him out. That was the last thing on her list. . . But she was made to kill, and kill she would if she had to. People be damned if they chose to get in the way. She'd squeeze his hand, and she would lean forward, pressing her lips to his now, hoping to catch him in a slow and sweet kiss. Sealing her little promise whether he wanted it or not, with a kiss. . .

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Perhaps she was just humble or maybe she simply didn’t think that much of herself, but Akechi’s feelings for her didn’t match the ice queen’s feelings about herself. He thought the world of her, just as any man should think of his woman. In fact, the hospitality that she showed him, despite his caste status and unpopular origin, would’ve gave him the same impression as he had now… even if he didn’t find himself entranced by her beauty. Haruka was firm and maybe even a bit crazy, but she was kind and thoughtful. Her embrace was like a godsend to the Uchiha that had been dragged through the depths of the world. ”You should…” He whispered, resting his forehead against her own as the hand that rested on her back slipped a bit further below the base. Perhaps it was his own fault for bringing it up but Endo’s name popping up at a time like this was annoying.

”The worst of them. Even now he plans to use me, and even the new Uchiha that I have found during my travels to start a war.” He wasn’t trying to turn the woman against her village or anything like that, but Akechi wanted her to know the truth. This was the reason that he couldn’t remain in Iwagakure with her until his work was done. His clan needed a place that they could live in peace, uninhibited by places of power that utilized greed and violence in efforts to increase that power. It was an arms war, a shadow war fought by people that risked their lives in order to prove that their way of life was more dominant. It was silly. But it was a fact of this world. He hated it…

As she caught his free hand and embraced him, she spoke words that resembled his own that lifted weights off of his shoulders. Akechi’s oppression and the oppression of his clan was a problem that needed to be solved, and Haruka had declared “war” against the obstacles that were placed in front of them. He hated them, just as he hated the demons that latched on to humankind and drained them of life. To Akechi, the people that had threatened his clan were demons… monsters in every sense of the word… beasts that needed to be hunted down and annihilated before they caused any more trouble.

”Awwww… Do you promise?” He joked, playfully twirling a couple strands of her blonde hair as he allowed himself to be caught in that slow, passionate kiss. ”You convinced me then. But… maybe we have to change this village first.”

The allusion wasn’t a subtle one. He simply wanted to know how she felt about it.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Why? Why the hell had this not been the first time she heard of intentions for a war? It made no sense in the back of her mind. Had the society that she had left for a short period of time really fallen into such chaos? No, it couldn't have been. There was no rioting within the street, no protest, but yet there was the man sitting before her who mentioned that there was more than just an intention to use him as a tool. She could feel a strange feeling forming in her throat as she attempted to collect her thoughts. What was her next course of action? This was not her country anymore, so was there even much that she could do? Surely she could use her might to help remedy the insanity, but who knew what kind of guards the man had set himself up with. She might've been one person, but she did have an unnatural amount of might standing behind her in the field of politics and the shinobi world. Some days, it really was nice to be a hybridization of the things of the world. One of her hands would pull away from his and she would place it against the side of her head. "No, he can't do that." She'd whisper in a quiet disbelief. A grimace would then cross over her face: She had always been against engaging in conflict with the other nations. . . "I think I know why there has been a fake figure head enstated now." She'd have a deer in the headlights type of look on her features as she looked on in a slight horror now. "I was a peacekeeper when it came to politics. Who knows what this new person will bring? Shit," suddenly, it was like a lot of the pieces of the puzzle fit together. Not all of them, mind you, but enough to give a clear idea of the goal at hand. Now it was very clear that the village did have to change. For the better of it's citizens and to keep the village to become a punching bag to a larger nation. Not to mention her family dropped in from time to time and she had some incredibly important people here. Stone couldn't afford a war in her eyes. And she would do what she could to stop it.

"The new woman they put into power, in control of the country-- I've never seen her before. She is literally a faceless figurehead put there I believe to fuel on whatever war Endo is aiming for. The Daimyo have all been female-- All of them except the first and the second: So it would not matter if a man had an affair because he wasn't the blood Daimyo. He was only there because of marriage." Hell, she didn't even know if he actually sat down to read the article that came out on it, but it was full of so many holes it could've been swiss cheese. "No, you're right." She'd comment, pressing her forehead against his.

"Let's change this village for the better. . ." They could do that together, she was sure of it. She just was not necessarily sure of herself. Ay yi yi, what a mess, right? She should've never left.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A puppet? That was what the current daimyo was? It seemed that Endo’s mission to Akechi was one that he had managed to accomplish regardless of the Uchiha’s failure. After all, he was tasked with making sure that Haruka had complied with his plan, and Haruka disappearing seemed to have done the trick anyways. He had managed to gain entire control of the countryside by moving a couple of pieces while Akechi stayed in the dark about the whole thing. Honestly, it was rather ingenious of Endo to do so, especially now that Sarunishi had disappeared off of the face of Gaia. Come to think of it, was Endo to blame for that as well? Sarunishi did have several run-ins with the Ryuujin sisters…

Everyone knew who they answered to. No seriously… they never shut up about it so how could you not know? ”I see. He placed someone in that position that he could control. Not a bad plan to be honest with you.” I mean, he was basically ensuring the acquiescence of any plan or decree that he put forth. His word was the word of their “Guardian Spirit” or whatever they believed in. No one could oppose a man that ruled the countryside, not without a revolution. ”If I wanted to manipulate the village into doing something I wanted, I would do the same thing if it were an option. A puppet is easy to control, and the relationship is easy enough to conceal.” Yup. Manipulation was an expertise of his, and he was quite familiar with the strategy of eliminating the competition by subjugation.

Akechi would use his free hand to gently push back the bangs that covered her face, pressing his forehead against hers as they sat in contemplation. The Uchiha knew that they were too late to stop the wheels from turning, but perhaps he could minimize the damage that would inevitable be dealt to her home. ”It’s ok. You had yourself to worry about. No one can blame you for that.” They could and they probably would, but you get the point. No one should have…

”But now. We may be too late. Maybe I can I switch Kumogakure’s attention to something else. Or there is another option… one that may not be the most popular with your fellow villagers.” He closed his eyes as he spoke the latter statement, clearly alluding to something much more sinister than manipulative.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back