Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Darting to Destiny: Returning Home

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Shusuke recently returned back to the village from a small family vacation that his parents insisted he joined. He understood their reasoning, he was to graduate soon and once he graduated he was to be treated like an adult and no longer was seen as a child, but he missed his team and his sensei. He was determined to get back into it as he felt as though he was getting out of shape from the trip.

Letting out a sigh he walked past the Academy and let out a grin. He wondered if Shishiwakamaru was still trying to use those little puppets. The last time they met, Shusuke was certain he could take his friend in a one to one combat. A grin took to his face. It was prime training time after all. Classes should be out and the few students that wished to be notable shinobi often continued their jutsu training even after their sensei dismissed them for the day.

Walking into the courtyard the young Yamanaka smiled. It had been some time since he clashed with anyone and he was curious if his illusions felt real yet. Dropping his hands to his sides he felt the apparition of chakra trinkling down his fingers. His usual snarky expression itched its way onto his face. Pulling his arm back he could hear the clinking sound of chains echo through the air. Throwing out a simple The One-Two he finished his unarmed strikes with a spin in the air before landing on the ground his right arm extending in front of himself. "Now die!" As he pulled his arm back a shimmer of light extended from his middle finger and could be seen wrapped around the nearby wooden target. The wood began to splinter and shred as if it was surrounded by a barbed saw blade begin unfurled quickly and eruptly. He knew if this were used on an enemy they would be a bloody mess. He grinned. He was perfecting his skills and he was excited for it.

MFT:338

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
The halls were noisy and busy as various classes were excused for the day, Shishiwakamaru was among the sea of students that came flooding out the front door. He was alone, so to speak, as he exited the academy building. The sun was still high in the sky as it was only mid afternoon, its warm rays softly caressing Shi's face as he looked upwards towards the great blue ocean that was the sky. "Ahhh, what a beautiful day." It truly was a remarkable day, a perfect time to brush up on some training before heading home to the Sakuraku Clan house. He was not the only one with such an idea, as a small group of kids also made their way to the training grounds. As he approached he noticed that there were already a small handful that had beaten them all to the punch.

One such was a near and dear friend, and perhaps rival, Shusuke! How long had it been since Shi had seen him, he suddenly up and disappeared on him one day without a word, he was wondering where he had run off to. It would be at this time that Shi saw Shusuke perform some strange jutsu and nearly obliterate a wooden training dummy. "Holy guacamole, what kind of jutsu was that..." Shi muttered softly to himself in awe. Shishiwakamru would waste little time in garnering the courage to approach his friend. With a light jog he neared the area Shusuke was training at and called out towards him. "Kon'nichiwa! Shusuke, my amigo, where in Fire Country have you been?!" In truth Shi had no idea he had simply been on a family vacation with his family, but whatever the case he was glad to finally be reunited with his companion. Without skipping a beat he curiously inquired about the feat of skill he had just witnessed. Being a curious young man, Shi was very interested in jutsus and secret techniques. He often wondered if he could one day master them all. But that was a topic for another day. "What in the world did you do to that dummy? I'd hate to be on the receiving end of such power." No doubt, however, would the two inevitably find themselves pitted against one another in a spar, when exactly was unknown. Just that it would happen eventually.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The arrogant child grinned as he saw the underclassman impressed with his technique, but it wasn't until he heard a familiar voice did his "cool guy" pose shift. "Well well well, looks like they haven't expelled you yet, Shishiwakamaru. Gotta say, I'm shocked." A snarky grin stretched across his face as he verbally jabbed one of the only peers that may even consider him an acquaintance let alone a friend. He pointed to the wooden training dummy with his thumb. "Okāsan took me on a trip as her last attempt to treat me like a child since she knows graduation is coming up. But, I am pretty pleased with the result of our uninterrupted training. Turns out I am a rare breed of Yamanaka." Because of course he was. Shusuke already thought himself as the main character in every situation, but now his ego has swollen even larger.

"I've learned to make my Genjutsu into reality." His face lit up with pride at that statement. The speckling light connecting his hand to the dummy faded as he stepped up to Shishiwakamaru. "What about you? Still playing with toys?" A second jab made towards the puppet user.

Last edited:

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
An unimpressed look quickly overtook Shishiwakamaru's face at the jest of being expelled. "You know I'm one of the most behaved students around, unlike a certain Yamanaka I know. No way they would expel their honor roll kid..." Over the course of their academy-ship Shi had become known as a straight arrow, so to speak, and excelled in many of his studies. While Shusuke kept up the cool kid charade, often mouthing off to his superiors. Sooner or later it was going to bite him in the rear, maybe. Shi listened on as Shusuke spoke of going on a trip of sorts, a last hurrah type of deal it appeared. But even so Shusuke managed to keep up his training and ended up learning something super cool anyways, typical. And of course he was a rare breed of Yamanaka, that's just what he needed, another reason to think of himself as the star of the show. Shusuke did enjoy the spotlight. Shishiwakamaru on the otherhand was not as excited about the limelight and would prefer to not stand out if possible. The two were quite the pair, almost complementing each other.

With a prideful gleam Shusuke revealed his advancement in technique prowess. "I've learned to make my Genjutsu into reality." Shi cocked his head to the side in confusion, genjutsu made reality? What did that mean, is that what he saw just earlier? "I'm sorry, I don't follow. Sensei never mentioned genjutsu being able to do that, or even what that means. Tell me your secretes boy!" Shishi raised a playful fist, shaking it towards his friend. "What about you? Still playing with toys?" Shishiwakamaru rolled his eyes in a most exaggerated way in response to the jest. Letting out a sigh he opened up his pack and pulled out a few sealed scrolls. "Yes, I still have my 'toys'. But i've made some improvments that would make you question whether or not they were a child's plaything or not." Shi would stuff them back inside his pack and zip it up.

Changing the subject Shi would inquire about the upcoming exams. "Were you at least able to keep up with your classes while you were gone? Cuz you know graduation exams are coming up soon. I would sorely hate to see you left behind while I move on to being Genin. Although it would be pretty amusing seeing you eat my dust." A sly grin overtook Shishiwakamaru's face as he returned a playful jest towards his friend. "I haven't heard any details yet, but I imagine Daiji-sensei won't make it easy on us, even if he isn't the proctor. He would find a way to challenge us for sure, he's good about that." Shi was genuinly interested in graduating. Being a student had its perks, but he longed for adventure and responsibility. It would be at this time the smile faded from his face as a searing pain pierced the mold, causing Shi to clutch the side of his head. The headaches were getting worse now, and he had been passing out more often too. He wondered just how much longer he actually had...

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Oh we have upgrades? Can you do more than throw them around like ragdolls now?" Shusuke teased with an inquisitive look in his eye. "Even if I tried to explain my secrets to you, I doubt someone like you could manifest these beauties." With a short series of handseals glimmers of light condensed onto Shusuke's right hand. Chains begin to form that end in daggers. Using his left hand he passed through the chain to show that they were illusory. "I'd be lying if I said your chakra strings weren't the inspiration." As he finished speaking he pointed his hand to the wooden dummy and like a series of snakes, five dagger tipped chains whipped violently through the air before piercing into the target like well practiced throws of kunai, despite the boy's gentle movement. Passing his free hand through the chains again he continued. "Imagination to Fruition, that's what I learned." He looked at Shishiwakamaru. "I am sure if Daiji-sensei or Asuka-Godaime see what I am able to do, they may just make me one the Hokage's Guard. After all we all know how much she loves me." He chuckles as the chains fade away from view.

It's at this time Shusuke sees Shishiwakamaru's reaction to some mental pain. Shusuke raises an eyebrow. "Now I know I can throw simple Genjutsu around as easy as it is for me to breathe thanks to being a Yamanaka, but I didn't realize letting you see the chains would hurt you like that. You sure you're up for a graduation exam? I'd hate to embarrass you in front of the entire academy." He stops for a second and starts to wonder what else this could be, because he was sure to not attack his friend whle demonstrating his new skills.

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
With ease Shusuke manifested some chains and daggers, thereafter waving his hand through them to show that they were merely illusions. "I'd be lying if I said your chakra strings weren't the inspiration." Shishi almost blushed at the compliment, because that's exactly what it was even if Shusuke didn't mean for it to be as such. Furthermore, Shi was astonished in response to such a jutsu and walked closer to wave his own hands through the chains. "You surprise me at every turn Shusuke, color me impressed." Soon after Shusuke threw the daggers and impaled the wooden dummy. "HA! As if, Asuke would sooner die than make your punk self part of the Hokage Guard. More so considering the 'love' she has for you..."

Then the pain came. "Now I know I can throw simple Genjutsu around as easy as it is for me to breathe thanks to being a Yamanaka, but I didn't realize letting you see the chains would hurt you like that. You sure you're up for a graduation exam? I'd hate to embarrass you in front of the entire academy." With one hand holding his hand he would raise the free hand and wave lightly. "No no, it's not you. I... It's nothing, really." That was a flat lie. To be honest he wasn't sure if he should tell his friend. But thinking it over he came to the conclusion that Shusuke was a dear friend and most likely going to be on his squad after graduation, he decided he should tell him the grave news. "Actually... That's not true. I, um..." Shishiwakamaru hesitated for a moment as he tried to form the words to explain the situation. "I'm actually not doing well. After I was attacked at the hospital it was discovered that I have a tumor, and it's slowly killing me..." Shocking news indeed, both the attempt on his life and the ingrained tumor that would soon claim his life if nothing was done about it. Truthfully he was planning on talking to Nao-san that night about the issue and their options moving forward. With a forced smile he regained composure and continued. "I don't want you to worry though, I'm sure Sennin Nao will think of something. I have a backup if he's come up short, a last resort if you will." Shishi patted his bag where the secret book he had been keeping, written and illustrated by a one Kiko. Fate had a sense of humor it would appear as this Kiko was one in the same person that had killed his father, what a twist.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke's face drops before he reaches out to grab a hold of the collar to Shishi's shirt. "Shut up! Shut the fuck up!" If he had hold of the boy's collar he would pull him in closer and stare face to face. "What are you going on about? We are about to graduate and finally become shinobi and you are sitting here telling me that you're dying. I don't accept that!" Pushing space between the two of them Shusuke's eyes start to get slightly glazed over. "You're lying to me! You're trying to get back at me aren't you? Is it because your jealous? Is that it? I can finally do something extraordinary and now you are gonna tell me that you're dying? Why? Because you need me to slow down? Is that it?" Looking at his hands the boy looks up to his friend. Probably his only friend. Raising his hands up in the symbol for his clan's secret technique he continued. "You have to be lying." And just like that, Shusuke's body drops.

If successful at using the Yamanaka Style: Third Eye Awakened, Shusuke would find himself in the subconscious mind of Shishiwakamaru. A dark hallway that rarely sees the outside world. Snapping his fingers he would pull in Shishiwakamaru's conscious mind into the subconscious. "Shishiwakamaru..." The corridor was infinite in length, and every so often doors could be seen lining the walls of the path.

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Suddenly Shusuke reached for Shishi's collar, which Shi allowed to happen. He didn't sense any true hostility after all. Profanities quickly ensued as Shusuke pulled him in closer. "You're lying to me! You're trying to get back at me aren't you? Is it because your jealous? Is that it? I can finally do something extraordinary and now you are gonna tell me that you're dying? Why? Because you need me to slow down? Is that it?" Shishiwakmaru rolled his eyes at this as Shusuke shoved Shi to gain some space. "Yeah, you got me. I'm just telling fibs to stroke your enormous ego. Come on, get real. When have I ever lied to you?!" Of course he wasn't lying. But Shusuke wasn't buying it at all. Shusuke then abruptly rose his hands in the symbol for his clan's trademark technique. Shishiwakamaru quickly rose his hands in defiance as he had read about this in the library when he was doing research on his condition. "Wait, what are you doi--" And then darkness overtook him...

A looming, black hallway with occasional doors stretched out before him as Shishiwakamaru regained consciousness, so to speak. He heard a familiar voice call out to him softly. "Shusuke, is that you? I can't see you. Where did we go?" Little did he know but he was within his own mind alongside Shusuke who had pulled him inside. Another brilliant feat of ability that would set Shusuke apart from the common rabble. Shi's friend was far more gifted than he gave him credit for.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A series of yellow flames torches filled the corridor lighting the scene. Shusuke steps up to Shishiwakamaru. ”Prove it. We are in your Mind. My clan may not be as outwardly flashy as others but this is where we rule.” Shusuke begins to walk down the hallway and as he does every step he takes leaves glowing yellow footprints. If Shishiwakamaru were to look back where he walked he would see a soft green glow from his footprints as well.

”This world is of my creation using your memories…” Placing his hand on the wall a door begins to develop from the wooden walls. ”I need you to open this door and prove it. I need to see it for myself. It’s not that I think you’re lying…”

Shusuke couldn’t accept that his friend was dying. He couldn’t help. He didn’t know enough to save his friend so he needs to know everything so he can figure out how to save him. He was a Yamanaka. He was of the Mind Clan. If anyone should be able to help his friend’s head it should be Shusuke. It’s only fair.

Last edited:

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
[/b][/glow]”Prove it. We are in your Mind. My clan may not be as outwardly flashy as others but this is where we rule.”[/b][/glow] Shusuke began to walk away from Shi, as he did so faint glowing footsteps followed, leaving a trail for Shishiwakamaru to follow. Afraid to be left behind Shi would quickly follow, leaving his own trail of luminescent footprints. ”This world is of my creation using your memories…” Placing a hand againts the wall a door begins to develop from the wooden walls. ”I need you to open this door and prove it. I need to see it for myself. It’s not that I think you’re lying…” Squinting his eyes and cokcing his head to the side in confusion he would approach the newly formed door and place a hand against it. "What do you mean open?" Upon mentioning the word open the door would begin to glow and dissipate into nothingness, followed by a flash of light as the pair entered Shi's memory...

Memory unlocked!

Together the pair would watch as Shi woke up from a coma to Sennin Nao, som explanations followed by a trip to the cat scan room. They would see the image come across Nao's screen with a tumor plainly in sight, assuming they knew what one looked like on a CT scan. Then the memory would flash to them having ice cream followed by an explanation of the results, followed by a crying Shishiwakamaru who then ran away. Once the memory faded and they found themselves back to the hallway of doors Shi would turn to Shusuke; "Believe me now?" Tears welled up in Shi's eyes as he was painfully reminded of his condition. "I'm never going to lie to you, Shusuke. I care about you too much to wound you in such a way. Believe me, I wish I was lying..."

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the memories pass through Shusuke’s eyes tear begin to well up. ”There must be something we can do…” as his voice trailed off so did the darkness. Moments passed and Shishiwakamaru finds himself standing before the scene of Shusuke passing out and falling to the ground. Not even a full second has passed in real time.

A few moments pass, nearly half a minute before Shusuke starts coughing and waking up. ”Wh-what can I do? I’ll study, I’ll focus in, I’ll find ways to help if you need it. I can send my own soul into another, what’s stopping me from moving another’s?” He looks to his hands concerned. The tears slowing at this point. ”What is the point of having this power if I can’t use it to help those I care about?”

Finally getting to his feet he wipes the tears from his face. He extends his two fingers out to Shishiwakamaru. The sign to a friendly duel, the Unison Sign. ”Are you still fit enough to be a ninja? If you aren’t I won’t allow you to take the Genin Exams.”

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Fade to white...

Moments pass, color began to return to Shishiwakamaru's vision. Shi had not moved an inch, and time followed suit as it would appear. Shusuke's body slumped to the ground. Had Shi been a more advanced ninja he might have been able to react quickly enough to think about catching him. Actually doing so would have been another feat in of itself as Young Shi was nowhere near that fast yet. So Shi did the only senseible thing he could think of and removed his coat to form a make-shift pillow for Shusuke. Normally one might have been worried, but Shi knew that Shusuke was a Yamanaka and these things just tend to happen.

Roughly thirty seconds later and young Shusuke regained consciousness, coughing and sputtering while doing so. Wh-what can I do? I’ll study, I’ll focus in, I’ll find ways to help if you need it. I can send my own soul into another, what’s stopping me from moving another’s? What is the point of having this power if I can’t use it to help those I care about? Shishiwakamaru would help Shusuke to his feat by extending an arm downward as if to say; 'take my arm and get up ya fool'. Picking up his coat he would re-don it and speak. "You don't need to do anything but be my friend, you silly goose." Shi would reach over and lightly tap on Shusuke's forehead. "And besides, your Yamanaka-ness might come in handy just yet." Shishi gave thought to the secret book in his possession.

After getting to his feet Shusuke would dry his tears and extend two fingers out towards Shishiwakamaru. The sign to a friendly duel, the Unison Sign. Are you still fit enough to be a ninja? If you aren’t I won’t allow you to take the Genin Exams.A guileful smile would spread across Shi's face in response to this gesture. "Are you kidding me?" The young Nara would grab hold of Shusuke's fingers with his own. "While you've been off taking it easy, I've been training harder than ever. I hope you're prepared to pass out again..." Two friends, two rivals, only one victor could emerge. Who would be the better of the two? Would they get in trouble for this? Find out next time on DRAGON BALL.... I mean NINPOCHO!

[ooc - Calling B mod - MFT]

Mizushima Kita

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Marching her way through the academy, Haniki rounds a corner of the building to find Shusuke and Shishiwakamaru out on the grounds together. Both hands hold neatly wrapped bentos, a third being held by her teeth. All different prints wrap each of them, prepared by her father.

Her kind eyes close as she smiles, though her mouth is a bit obstructed. She is happy to see them, even though she can see the attitude in Shusuke’s body language.

Without much urgency, Haniki took her time walking along the pathway before turning out towards the unpaved academy grounds. She holds one of the items against her body to free a hand and wave above her head with a muffled hum of hello hoping to grab their attention.

[MFT - 125]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The tears stop coming to Shusuke's eyes as he gets into a combatitive stance readying himself to spar against his friend for the first time. Shishiwakamaru had the quick intelligence of the Nara Clan he comes from and is nimble as a Puppet Master Taijutsuist. Shusuke knew that he was the only Genjutsuist in his squad so he wasn't too concerned on that front. The boy's eyes narrow some and his piercing blue eyes began to look dull. Shishiwakamaru had accss to Shusuke's only weakness, though it wasn't his specialty, which was Ninjutsu. As a member of the Nara Clan he had access to the Advanced Element of Shadow which could easily catch Shusuke off guard. He could feel his Chakra gathering as he was preparing to give it his all, that was until he saw Haniki arrive to the training ground with three meals, she must have noticed that Shusuke was back in town.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f3245415f4b3675763061557641513d3d2d313030373136333130332e313635376630313461313230653736353535323434373134323536322e676966

"Haniki-chan. Get out of here. This doesn't concern you. This is between Shishiwakamaru-kun and I." His eyes shift to a crimson red as his Chimeiarashi skills begin to activate. Floating chains form through his manifested Genjutsu started to apparate into the scene.. "Has he told you his secret yet? Has he told you that he is dying yet he insists on trying to become a Shinobi?" At this point the young Yamanaka was yelling. "He is pushing his body when he should be focused on healing. He claims he is fine, and I am going to find out for myself!" His eyes dart back towards Shishiwakamaru. "Don't expect me to hold back. If you can't keep your own you need to hang up your puppets." The command that nearly broke Shusuke's heart. He meant it. He would rather Shishiwakamaru take a job that didn't put additional strain on his body until he finds a way to heal. Today Shusuke was going to see if this tumor has caused any regression in the Nara's skills.

He was curious how Haniki was going to react. Was she going to try and stop this fight or did she want to see how well Shishiwakamaru can do herself. Regardless, he wasn't going to be back down.

Mizushima Kita

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Haniki trotted her way over, brows furrowing as she noticed Shusuke's combative demeanor. Amber met crimson as Shusuke demanded she stay out of whatever the hell was going on. Her empty hand plucked the bento from her mouth so she could speak properly. "Hey. Why so aggressive?" She asked with a curious raise of her brow. With Shusuke's chains materializing, Haniki motioned to place their fondly made lunches atop a training post where they would be safe and not get the fabric surrounding them too dirty.

She was a bit stunned as Shusuke raised his voice, eyes bouncing back and forth between the two academy boys. Secrets? Dying? He's sick? Haniki was quiet, taking in what all he was saying. "Is that true Shishi?" She asked, her voice monotonous and eyes just starting to gloss over.

[MFT - 135]

Last edited:

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths

Just a couple of reminders, requests, and requirements:
  • Link all your stuff in your actions: If you're using a jutsu, link it. If you're using an affinity move, link to the list. If you're using a dependent action from a CA/BL, link to the CA/BL, etc.; the less guesswork/searching you take out of my time, the quicker I can do the battle bits!
  • List your passives: I know this might seem like additional work, but making a 1-time list and copying and pasting it with each submission of your actions would be a benefit for you and I! This is one of the areas a mod most regularly misses (and at times one players also overlook), so help me, help you!
  • If you have any concerns contact me on Discord (my name has Razio/mr_cac in it!): If I don't respond immediately I'm either at work (I have Discord on my phone) or I'm caught up with some IRL stuff, give me a bit of patience and I will get back to you asap!
  • ---- Please do not debate my mod in Gen Chat, go to another Mod to 'second opinion' my mod or just generally flame/disrespect me, as I promise you all the work I am doing for your mod isn't to offend/hurt/screw you over. Chat with me about mod questions, if we don't reach a satisfactory result, we can get the System Head involved to make sure both parties are taken care of!
  • Based on previous rulings and how things are written, I like to adhere to "what you write is what you want", so please be careful and clear in your actions/conditionals.
  • If something is wrong in your profile, even if it was approved incorrectly, it's wrong and unusable. (ie. Shinobi 101 was written wrong, Wrong class becomes rookie class.)
  • Unless you both agree to something different, we will do the 48 hours as the limit to submit your actions after a round has been posted.
  • Fair warning, I am a father of 2 little rugrats, so while this mod will be my current primary priority for site activity until it is concluded, that I may also be caught up in some paternal struggles on and off during this time. If I ever feel like I cannot maintain this mod, I will swiftly transition it out of my care, but I don't believe this will become an issue =)

Now if you three will send me all of your battle information via a Private Message on this site (nothing round related over Discord) and actions we can get this party started!

Battle Setting: Open and Bright; 1v1v1 (according to Discord discussion)

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
555a1604800b41e2-steam-community-random-anime-fight.gif
Participants
ShishiwakamaruShusukeHaniki
HP: 8610 - 55 - 253 - 143 - 152 - 330 = 7,677
CP: 13720 - 420 - 235 - 200 - 300 - 75 = 12490

AP This Round: 10
AP Next Round: 12

Equipped: Advanced Puppet (from the future?)
Maintains: Shadow Tactics Style
Something, Something, Something, Poisoned
HP: 5250 - 668 - 540 - 900 = 3,142
CP: 8750 - 75 - 150 - 180 - 680 - 680 - 200 = 6785

AP Next Round: 10

Equipped: Middle Finger (to the air)
Maintains: Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Phantosmia Style, Armiger Arsenal
HP: 7350
CP: 7350

AP Nex Round: 11

Maintains:

What happened?​
  • 0 sec - Shishiwakamaru slides into a battle stance (Shadow Tactics Style; Initiative)
  • 0 sec - Shusuke shifts into Phantosmia Style (Modded at 0 seconds due to Initiative)
  • 0 sec- Shishi draws forth their Advanced Puppet
  • 0 sec- Shu does something mysterious!! [hidden]
  • 1.50 sec- Shu does another mysterious thing!! [hidden]
  • 1.75 sec- Shishi's Advanced Puppet uses Needle Shower Mastered against Shu [Not sneaky]
    • 11,14,17,5,4,1,10,13,11,18,11,2 VS 4,2,14,12,5,9,16,19,3,16,14,17 [+17 for attack, +11 dodge]
    • 10 hits
      • 7 Full Hits (81 x 7) = 567
      • 2 Partial 50% hits = 81
      • 1 Partial 24% hit = 20
    • Total DMG: 668
  • 1.75 sec- Shu performs a hidden action
    • 2 Shu's exist and Shishi can't tell them apart
  • 3.00 sec- Shishi's Advanced Puppet uses Dagger Assault Mastered vs Shu [not sneaky]
    • 13 + 17 - 1 [29] vs 8 + 11 [19] | FULL HIT | DMG: 639 [Bleed chance failed]
      • The Shu Shishi hits appears to be unphased - Aware of real Shu
  • 3.00 sec- Shu does another mysterious thing!! [hidden]
  • 3.00 sec- Shu gives Shishi the Middle Finger [weapon equipped]
  • 4.25 sec- Shishi's Advanced Puppet uses Projectile Launcher Mastered against Shu [not sneaky]
    • Full Hit [32,35,30 vs 20,21,28] | DMG: 540
  • 4.25 sec-Shu Brandishes (Rank 1) their Middle Finger
  • 5.75 sec- Shishi uses a shadow-based Fireball Mastered with Focus against Shu [not sneaky]
    • 4+17 [21] vs 8+11 [19] | Full hit | DMG: 900 | roll is 5, Sear as been applied to Shu
  • 6.50 sec- Shishi's Advanced Puppet uses Guided Strike Mastered against Shu [not sneaky]
    • 2 + 16 [18] vs 15 + 11 [26] | Miss
  • 6.50 sec- Shu uses Armigar Arsenal Rank 1; 5 spectral weapons appear
  • 8.75 sec- Shu uses Steelwind Rank 1 [didn't specify weapons; using the equipped weapon and 3 random spectral copies
    • Middle
      • | 4 + 12 + 1 [15] vs 18 + 12 [30] | Miss
      • | 13 + 13 [26] vs 14 +12 [26] | Partial Hit 50% | DMG 30 (illusionary)
    • Thumb
      • 3 + 11 [16] vs 19 + 12[31] | Miss
      • 3 + 11 [14] vs 3 + 12 [15] | Partial Hit 25% | Light Armor reduces this to zero
    • Index
      • 8 + 11 [19] vs 14 +12 [26] | Miss
      • 4 + 11 [15] vs 14 + 12 [26] | Miss
    • Ring
      • 11 + 11 [22] vs 17 + 12 [29] | Miss
      • 19 + 11 [30] vs 13 + 12 [25] | Full Hit (Critical) | Impaled - Rank 1 Bleed | DMG 122 (illusionary) | Poisoned
    • Total DMG: 152
  • 10.00 sec- Shu attacks with Heavy Tow Rank 1
    • 18 + 13 [31] vs 20 + 11 [31] | Partial Hit 50% | DMG 330
  • 10.00 sec- Haniki watches the last 10 seconds like some kind of voyeur
  • 10.00 sec- Shshi is confused on who the real Shu is again
Notes:​
Sorry about the delay, it's been a busy weekend with the holidays. Additionally, multi-hit jutsu out the rear-end only slows me down lol
Note 1: I would appreciate it if everyone could list the AP cost associated with the techniques they are using when sending actions
Note 2: Just a word of fair warning; please be careful with conditionals as some were creeping very close to the borderline of unacceptable
Note 3: Initiative takes into consideration the actual AP cost and not any special effects that might reduce its timing--just something to keep in mind!
Complaint 1 (not at y'all but this cruel, cruel system... and Bone since he made this thing): Someone should go through and edit Chimearashi, it has so much vagueness to it that it creates a headache just looking at it; so that said I used some mod judgment calls on interpreting how it was written and intentions of users
Note 4: For all - try and be as clear as possible as you can when sending actions, otherwise you leave room for me to use my discretion... and my discretion may not be your intention, so the more you can remove openings for my judgment the better lol!

I know I undoubtedly goofed up somewhere, so please message me on either Discord or the site with any and all questions!​

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke jumped back as the scenery filled with the soft and sweet scent of flowers. The display of petals began to flutter around the academy yard. "I hope you are ready for this Nara Shishiwakamaru!" A quick couple of hand seals and the the world began to bend to the will of Shusuke. Twisted visages filled the area around them as large trees began to grow and twist into existence. Purple hues could be seen filling the branches of the trees and covering the ground as Shusuke began to summon forth a setting that worked in his advantage, but he took to long.

Looking up towards Shishiwakamaru he saw an incoming assault of thousands of needles. Crossing his arms he could feel the senbon puncture and would him. A grin came to Shusuke's Face. "Really? That is not going to be enough Shishiwakamaru! Give me your best shot! Prove you can be a shinobi!" as he yelled he split in half before Shishiwakamaru's very eyes and there before him were two distinct, yet identical, copies of Shusuke. Darting forward Shusuke saw the puppet launch forward, but passes through the illusory clone that was in the fight now.

"Yamanaka Style: Chained Heart!" Slamming his hands together he conjured forth a series of chains that swirled around him like serpents. A series of attacks hit Shusuke as he began to charge his chakra. A few cuts from launched projectiles, before darkness filled his line of sight.As the shadows faded he saw the puppet coming around for another attack, so Shusuke jumps back conjuring even more chains. 10 chains burst from his hand in a flower like spiral as Shusuke begins to mimic the movement like Shishiwakamaru's Puppet Master Jutsu. As his fingers twitch the various tipped chains slam into the ground towards Shishiwakamaru, passing through him until one of the chains makes a connection to Shishiwkamaru's heart.

Clinching his fist this chain solidifies causing a sharp pain to appear in Shishiwakamaru's chest. Standing there burned with light bleeding it was clear that Shusuke was not study enough to take a lot of blows. He was a Genjutsu user after all and was not built for front line combat. "Your puppet skills are impressive, don't get me wrong, but do you have it in you to take this Genin exam and pass? Do you think you are capable of spending days a a time traveling across country tracking down or guarding your targets? Will you be able to stand on your own to feet and not have to rely on me or Haniki-chan? If this is everything you have I don't know if you are. GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE!" He pulls at the chain causing more chest pains to occur.

Shusuke will not back down. Even when he knows he is the weakest member of his squad, even when he knows that he would be nothing if it wasn't for their support, even when he knows that he carries around this false confidence so that his only friends don't look at him with sympathy. Tears begin to stream down his cheeks once more. He knew he was weak. He knew that even with this brain tumor making Shishiwakamaru sick his friend was significantly stronger than he was.

Shishiwakamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
A beautiful display of petals began to flutter around the academy yard as Shusuke and Shishiwakamaru both gained some distance from each other in preparation for what was to come. "I hope you are ready for this Nara Shishiwakamaru!" Shi was quick to retort; "Speak for yourself, Yamanaka Shusuke!" As Shusuke bended reality to his will, Shi moved with lightning speed summoning his puppet from a scroll. It only took him a moment to form the chakra strings which latched firmly to his puppet. Shi was already on the offensive as he sent his puppet clackiting towards Shusuke. Two pipes opened up on the arms and shot a barrage of needles. He seemed to hit the mark, for the most part."Really? That is not going to be enough Shishiwakamaru! Give me your best shot! Prove you can be a shinobi!" as he yelled he split in half before Shishiwakamaru's very eyes and there before him were two distinct, yet identical, copies of Shusuke. Of course he would resort to clones, it was like him to show off his prowess in a flaunting fashion.

Twitching his fingers around he had his puppet attack one of the Shusukes, but he had been fooled and hit the wrong one. "Yamanaka Style: Chained Heart!" Clapping his hands together multiple chains formed around Shusuke. A technique that had been modeled after Shi's own puppet style. Shi grinned in response, it was almost like flattery. Another compartment opened up on his puppet and multiple projectiles flew towards Shusuke. Thouu thouu thouu, they barreled toward his friend, striking true. He quickly followed it up with a series of handseals, releasing a fiery ball of black flames. The heat was intense, scorching the air as it zoomed toward the Yamanaka. The malicious flames struck Shusuke with extreme sizzling power. In his mind Shi screamed out YES, excited that his first real attempt at using that jutsu against a moving target actually worked!

Suddenly 10 chains burst from Shusuke's hand in a flower like spiral as Shusuke began to immitate Shishiwakamaru's Puppet style. A number of the weapons phased through him, but one struck true straight to his chest. He felt a searing pain as his heart was compromised. Shishiwakamaru's eyes grew wide with the sudden realization that Shusuke might critically injure him in this fight. Another hit like that could be the end of him. "Your puppet skills are impressive, don't get me wrong, but do you have it in you to take this Genin exam and pass? Do you think you are capable of spending days a a time traveling across country tracking down or guarding your targets? Will you be able to stand on your own to feet and not have to rely on me or Haniki-chan? If this is everything you have I don't know if you are. GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE!" He pulls at the chain causing a gut wrenching pain nearly causing Shi to retch from the intense, grave feeling. Now irritated from the literal heart attack, Shi scowled as he responded to his future squadmate. "If it's everything you want, then HERE YOU GO!!!" In his mind Shishi was already calculating the risks of what he was about to do. Yolo, am I right?

Mizushima Kita

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Haniki stands back with her little bentos, lunch made ready for her teammates as well as herself. A spar such as this was definitely not on her itinerary for the day. She couldn't help taking a deep breath in as the scent of delicate flowers filled the air as it did before under Shusuke's genjutsu. The subtle display was quickly shoved to the side of Haniki's focus as more impressive feats of illusion sprang from the academy grounds. Shishiwakamaru reacted quickly, delivering several solid hits to their teammates and vice versa. One hit followed another as Haniki looked on in awe, but still taking their physical wellbeing into account.

Shusuke was incredibly confident in himself challenging Shishiwakamaru, but from what she could tell, Shishi was putting up a much tougher fight than either of them expected. She was impressed with both of their abilities. Honestly, it seemed like a bit of fun. Although, of course the reason for this challenge brought down her playful mood a bit. With her hands clasped to her chest Haniki steps forward just a few paces towards her teammates. She can see the pain Shishiwakamaru suffers and the emotional turmoil Shusuke tries to hide.

Haniki hesitantly extends a hand out to the boys, her voice quiet as she hardly whispers, "Guys. . . I don't think this is a good idea." And it probably wasn't. They were both taking this extremely seriously and she didn't want to see either of them end up in the infirmary. However, from what she could see they might both end up there.

[MFT 263]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back