Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Deadly Habits [Private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This place gives me a bad feeling…

KaiKai detested hospitals, they always filled him with a sense of dread ever since his encounter with his uncle who had been a surgical research developer, tried to turn him into a shambling monstrosity. Human puppetry; a dark forbidden art, a kinjutsu, his uncle had researched in secret and had practiced on many unsuspecting victims who had come to him for medical help. KaiKai gritted his teeth and made his way past the doors and into a reception area. After speaking with a woman behind the information counter KaiKai made his way into a waiting room to wait for his name to be called.
Normally KaiKai would not set foot in a place like this, mainly because of his fear of surgical tools, but also because he couldn’t smoke in a hospital. KaiKai couldn’t keep away any longer however; he was becoming concerned for his health.

KaiKai had begun developing issues breathing and also with releasing the spidery mucus that he created in his body. Amongst other symptoms his body was having, KaiKai was most concerned about these. He had finally decided to come get checked out when he woke in the middle of the night choking and unable to breath. After struggling for an agonizing minute KaiKai finally hacked up a thick glob of golden spider mucus that was coated with blood and something black.

This frightened him more than the hospital.

At first KaiKai had wondered if he had taken his tests with poisons too far, as he had a daily ritual of exposing himself to several different poisons to bolster his immunity to them a little bit at a time. But KaiKai put that theory aside as none of the poisons he used would cause that kind of effect with his mucus.

Thus KaiKai had made his appointment, and lay open eyed in his ANBU quarters waiting for his time to go.
KaiKai sat on the bench and rubbed his thighs anxiously, waiting for his name to be called so that he could find out what was wrong, have them fix it and go home to his work.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a normal day at the office, Kushin had been sorting out some paper work, looking through patient records and allocating them to certain mednin to look over. He had to make sure that the right mednin took on the right tasks, tasks suited to their skills, that way Cloud's shinobi would receive the best possible medical treatment for whatever ailment they had.

Ouja Kaikai's name was on a piece of paper which had been recently filled in. He had turned up to the hospital and filled in a form describing the issues he's noticed and looking for a checkup. Based on what he'd said about what was happening Kushin already had an idea on what was wrong. The tick boxes and questionnaire which was filled out just before or after he had to describe what was troubling him confirmed part of Kushin's theory.

Kushin was one of a few shinobi who had access to the Radiation element, it had proven useful in combat as well, but he'd developed it for its ability to kill anything, micro-organisms included. The treatments he performed in that regard were brutal, they were almost as rough on the patient as they were on their ailment, but sometimes it was the only way to save someone, even if it did sometimes result in their death anyway. A normal doctor might console themselves with the fact that without the treatment they'd have likely died anyway, told themselves that they had done the right thing. Kushin didn't care enough to need to do that. Instead he simply would walk away, assuming that the weak died, the strong lived, and either way Kushin had done his job.

Kaikai was an ANBU, history of smoking which wasn't unusual for members of that branch, and was coughing up mucus which was now colored black.

A mednin would go to him as he sat in the waiting area and tell him "Kaikai? Medical Sennin Isaki will see you now." They would then guide him down the passageway towards where Kushin worked. It wasn't a private office, it wasn't anything more than an area that any other doctor worked in. Kushin was simply on the job, and felt that this case was something he needed to examine personally.

As Kaikai would enter the room Kushin would gesture to a chair. The clipboard sitting on his lap and Kushin would visibly flip through the couple of pages Kaikai would recognize as having filled out.

So then mister Ouja. What can I help you with today?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
” Kaikai? Medical Sennin Isaki will see you now.”

KaiKai’s eyes widened in surprise, he had not expected to be seeing the Sennin of the entire medical division. KaiKai got up reluctantly and made his way toward the Sennin and his office. He looked at his feet as he walked and was becoming more desperate for a cigarette the closer he got to the room. As he entered he saw the Sennin looking at a clipboard with some of the papers he had filled out preliminarily when asking for an appointment. The Sennin looked up for a moment and gestured toward a chair. KaiKai lowered himself into the chair slowly and folded his lower four arms against his torso and his top pair hands folded in his lap. He sat up straight and silently as he waited for the Sennin to finish examining the papers.

” So then mister Ouja. What can I help you with today?”

KaiKai stared at the Sennin for a moment and then licked his lips and cleared his throat roughly and painfully.

”Well sir, I was hoping you could tell me what was wrong with me so I could fix it and get back to my duties.” KaiKai tried to be as polite and respectful as possible; this man was a Sennin after all.

”I’ve been having difficulties with my mucus production, and also with my breathing. I do smoke, as I’m sure you have read from my papers, and I bet that has something to do with it.” KaiKai laughed lightly at this which turned into a gruff cough.

He covered his mouth with a handkerchief that he had picked up carrying around with him ever since this whole illness began. He pulled it away and stared at the blackened mucus and blood that lay in the already stained cloth. He tucked it away and looked expectantly at the Sennin, a cold sweat had appeared on his forehead, but KaiKai couldn’t figure out if it was because he was sick or just nervous about being in a hospital. KaiKai was not keen on letting others see his weakness, but he determined this to be an exception.

”Can you give me any insight sir?”

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They were seated one in front of the other and Kaikai answered the question, he'd made assumptions which were reasonable assumptions to come to. He was having trouble breathing, he viewed there to be an issue with mucus production or probably the form that mucus was taking.

Kushin had a few ideas but as a doctor he couldn't simply state his thoughts.

I have a couple of theories but I'm going to need you to remove your shirt and lean forward. I'm going to listen to the sound of your breathing first, then we'll conduct further tests depending on how that sounds. I might need to call on someone with the Hyuuga bloodline to take a closer examination of your chest cavity. As long as you consent to this of course?

Assuming he was given consent Kushin would pick up his stethoscope and place it on Kaikai's back, not warning about the cold, because he didn't care. Take ten deep breaths.

[OOC: I'll let you decide how the ten breaths go.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I have a couple of theories but I'm going to need you to remove your shirt and lean forward. I'm going to listen to the sound of your breathing first, then we'll conduct further tests depending on how that sounds. I might need to call on someone with the Hyuuga bloodline to take a closer examination of your chest cavity. As long as you consent to this of course?

KaiKai had begun removing his shirt and midway through gave a muffled consent to allow another examiner to come make an assessment. As soon as KaiKai leaned forward he felt something cold assault his back causing him to tense for a moment, he stole a quick glance back, saw a stethoscope and relaxed.

Take ten deep breaths.

KaiKai nodded and began a series of long deep breaths. Each one rattled in his throat and chest and after the third he had to stop and cough as it caught roughly in his chest. He turned and spit a bloody black mucus phlegm into a trash can, and began again. This time it was a bit cleaner, the rattling wasn't as bad and he didn't need to stop to cough until after he finished. Still, he could feel it building up again and he let the Sennin know about that feeling.

It's like my chest is filling up with molasses, it's slow but it's like it's suffocating me until I cough it up. Is it just like a bad cold? Maybe Pneumonia having a weird reaction with my mucus?

KaiKai sat shirtless for a moment and waited politely for the Sennins response.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The 'deep breaths' weren't deep, Kushin could tell there was only so much breath that could be taken in before coughing interrupted it. In addition the wheezing sounds and the rattling was there. The best possible result for the boy was as he suggested, Pneumonia or some form of flu, but both would have had other symptoms.

Kushin looked a little troubled at the puzzle presented before him.

I'm going to have to get a Hyuuga to take a look at you.

He left the room for a moment and through the window could be seen talking to his assistant. Keiji was his apprentice and was of Hyuuga lineage, the boy had better answer Kushin's call. Serious issues would happen if he didn't.

Returning to the room Kushin sat down.

Okay, so I have other techniques I can use in the mean time to allow me a look. It's not as detailed as the Hyuuga eyes of course but works better than anything else.

He formed the complex handseals of an A-Rank Radiation jutsu, casting X-Ray on his target. Looking at the vision before him he could see what he wanted to see, though unlike a Hyuuga he couldn't zoom through these things at an almost microscopic level. What he saw was what he feared, and it was a rather horrible thing to see. His frown deepened and he looked around the boy further.

Eventually he stopped.

Okay. We need to have a Hyuuga look at you to confirm what I believe I just saw. I'm fairly certain I know the issue, but there are none better than the Hyuuga at this kind of thing so I shall have them confirm it. Kushin knew what it was, he didn't really need it confirmed. He had been tempted to simply tell the man outright, it certainly wouldn't be something he wouldn't do. But in this case, the case was so bad that he needed the Hyuuga to take a proper look. To see how far things had spread, to tell Kushin what stage this man was at.

This was the only way to deal with this.

[OOC: you post, I dunno when keiji'll be joining us... but he better not take more than a couple of posts if he knows what's best for him.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
KaiKai sat patiently until the Sennin spoke once more.

I'm going to have to get a Hyuuga to take a look at you.

KaiKai nodded and as the Sennin left he put his shirt back on and sat in silence, a little cough here or there but mostly just silently wishing he could have a smoke. He knew it probably wouldn't help his breathing problems but he was addicted and the thought of one made his head throb.

Out the window KaiKai could see the Sennin conferring with another shinobi, KaiKai guessed this was the hyuuga or at least someone being sent to fetch one. KaiKai looked about the office indifferently examining tools for medical practice and judging what they were used specifically for.

When the Sennin re entered the room KaiKai sat back up from his slouching position and readied himself for the next test. The Sennin did a multitude of complex looking hand seals and then... stared at him. KaiKai wasn't exactly sure what was happening but he trusted the Sennin to know what he was doing. The Sennin frowned, and then frowned some more. KaiKai took that as a bad sign.

Okay. We need to have a Hyuuga look at you to confirm what I believe I just saw. I'm fairly certain I know the issue, but there are none better than the Hyuuga at this kind of thing so I shall have them confirm it.

KaiKai just nodded and relaxed back into his seat.

Thank you sir.

KaiKai would have stopped there but he was curious.

What kind of jutsu did you perform just now? Pardon my curiosity but I'm just not exactly sure what happened...

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: So sorry for the wait! Had assignments due (still got more) and been distracted.]

As they waited for Keiji to appear Kushin was asked a question to do with the jutsu he used. It was an understandable curiosity.

I trained myself in the ability to use radioactive jutsu, I found that their ability to destroy things completely was useful, though there were other side benefits to learning them. The jutsu I just used was one called "X-Ray" though I don't know why it's called this. What it allows me to do is see much like a Hyuuga can, through things. But where a Hyuuga can move their vision and zoom in on things thousands of meters away it can't do that. It's useful for times like this when I need to be able to examine a patients internal organs, without cutting them open of course.

Keiji was certainly taking his time.

Perhaps we should make another appointment another time when my apprentice is free? Right after I turn one of his white eyes black It seems he's caught up at the moment. If he goes missing inbetween times we can just go ahead with my assumption. Perhaps tomorrow afternoon?

That would give Kushin time to think of a strategy to deal with the growth. There were several issues going on within this boy. The smoking was linked to both of them, but there wasn't anything that could be done immediately anyway. Kushin would need time to figure out a way to try and help, especially with how spread it seemed to already be. Time was important, but doing his job right was more important.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[No problem! I've been busy as well so take your time!]

KaiKai tried to listen carefully to what the Sennin said, but he was too distracted waiting to hear about the result. The sooner he knew what was wrong the sooner he could get it fixed. But as the Sennin said, the hyuuga was taking his time and KaiKai was sure that he had better things to do than wait around the hospital for a second opinion. So heeding the Sennins words he nodded in approval of meeting again the next day to finalize the diagnoses.

Tomorrow sounds good. I don't have any assignments so I should be available at any time. I will be reachable in my quarters in Sileo.

KaiKai bowed to the Sennin and respectfully withdrew from the office and made his way out of the waiting room and rushing outside. As soon as he was out of the building he removed a cigarette from it's carton and stuffed it into his mouth. He walked briskly as he distanced himself from the hospital and lit the cigarette. He took a deep puff and released it slowly. Relief.

Then KaiKai began to hack violently and suddenly. He bent over two hands on his knees as he coughed his throat raw. After the coughing subsided KaiKai spit a heavy black and red pile onto the walkway. He stared at it a moment, looked at the cigarette in his hand, shrugged, placed it back in his mouth and strode off the hospital grounds.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back