Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Death Becomes You: 3 [Event]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Big buildings such as this are filled with doors. The main forge at the heart of the Hall of Hammers let off an unyielding, near intolerable heat. The heat would not get better, even in the furthest corner of the massive shared space, however there were a number of doors on every side that led to smaller work-spaces. Places where once could not only escape the heat but also the monotonous ping of hammers that echoed endlessly through these halls. There were seven rooms that led to alternative workshops and one that allowed smiths to enter or vacate the facility.

Today there was an eighth door. Not that anyone was counting, most did not even notice, however YOU saw the door. There was something different, something wrong with this one. Emblazoned over the aged hardwood and metallic rivets was words that appeared to be written in blood that made a strange and perhaps ominous claim: Ò̡͙̝̱̼̖͓̪̕ń̡͍̗͉̙͉̭ę̴͙̟͖̞̲̜̜͔̻͉̼͔̟̯͚̺͖͝ͅ ̵̸̷̹͔̥͎̺̱̟̲͎͚͍͔͠͝W̛̙͍̼͢͞a̴̜̗͇̙̖̥͚̼̳̤͇̩̘̥̙̣͈͇̠͢y̸̨̧̦̖̼̣̤̤̺̳̺̲̭̩̻̱̕ ̢̨̝͔̮̦̥̞̰̥́́ͅD̴̡͚̪̙̬͇̗̰͚͚͎͖̹͝͞o̵̝̱̞̗͕̦̣̼̪͖ͅͅo͟͏̢̬͈̫̲͈̙͇͍̼̤̬̬̳̬͙̭̫r̷̡̡̙̭̮͝ͅ</B><i></i>.

The body (or perhaps plural) has not been found yet. Take a look around. The other two bodies would have been discovered before this one, so feel free to be aware of the mysterious dead bodies that have been found earlier today. This is the third of 4 threads, each thread I will be posting in every Thursday (excluding this one) so feel free to join a thread. These Event threads are all connected, I have no qualms with players joining multiple threads if they want to use their noodles to solve these crimes. These threads are all a part of one event but if you feel that you will not be able to keep up, limit yourself to the thread(s) you feel you can manage. This will be a very short adventure because it is really the start of a terrible game.

<B>Please note: this does not mean that players can surpass their slot maximum -- these threads (less the first one) would be considered normal RP threads, the first would be considered an event thread. Additionally, while I will be posting once per week in these threads with findings and information, feel free to post multiple times with the participants. No need to slow things down because I am a slow-poke.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 1: 'Door'| Madman Arc said:
[col]As if a cosmic force compelled him, the late night Journeyman would notice a random door.

"Hmmm, was that always there... with a bloody message..."

Well, what more thought needed to put in with that? So now there were other actual questions that came to mind; why was this door here now and whose blood was used to write the note. The note looked sloppy and was probably intended to catch a reaction, use of blood was very akin to a derranged sociopath, so he did not foresee this being a simple game of 'who left the graffiti", but did this mean someone was bleeding out or dead around the hall? Well, if other bodies had been discovered, there had been no chatter out there about it, so the most responsible, hardest working Sennin would do the most sensible thing.

"Sennin Roku here, putting a call out to all shinobi in the village; there seems to be a bloody message, potentially a dead body or injured individual, at the Hall of Hammers. Be vigilant, report all strange activity to your superiors and one of the three Sennin of the village immediately."

But there was something more about this writing, it had a familiar feel that he could not shake. Changing his setting to one that directly spoke to the Kazekage and the Sennin he would relay what that suspicion was;

"Sousuke, the bloody message is very similar to the ones that were left the Cabal incursion."

His diligence and efforts in that hellish moment led him to come across the various red messages slathered all over the wall. Now he wasn't willing to jump and say the same person made the messages, but the tactic could easily be one that was passed along to others from that group or was the preferred taught method of getting attention and instilling fear in the opponent. While the Cabal was mostly ex-Sunans, there was at least a small Sovereign presence within it, which meant that this could be the latter; a preferred taught method. Now the question was; was this another demon from the main numbers, was this one of the remaining Cabal or was this a new thing from the depths of the Daimyo's toy chest.

Unfortunately, Roku had not figured out at this time that all three would be correct. He would, however, kick open the random door.

"One way my ass..."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
MFT - 401
|
NEb24aR.png
[legend="[img]http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu291/elcrazycac/Abom%20Transformations%20and%20New%20KASHA%20gifs/LOa6jKb_zpsf3foiwjr.png[/img]"]

Name: Roku
Epithet:
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Eyes: Red
Blood Type: O Negative
Personal Data
Dojo
Fight Data
Maintains:

Actions

Conditional:

MISC:
Actions
Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Roku would find Sousuke behind him. The Kazekage was there but he was already in transit when Roku was relaying the message. Roku would hear his own voice being projected from behind him which is where Sousuke is. Roku would find Sousuke in one of his older models of armour, or perhaps he had updated it in some unseen manner. He was fully cast in metal, and with that he wore black. The Kazekage wore black or some other dark colour ... for what seemed like an eternity now. His anxieties were eating at him from the inside. He had much to contend with and this was one of the many things outside of the threat of Ancients, and the eventual impending end of humanity. Sousuke would mechanically scan the area. He would observe the surroundings. Yes there was an eight door, but there had to have been something else. He would correct Roku in one regard. "Shouki's calling card."<i></i> He would inform Roku. He would regard the message, "Kuro has already gone off on his own and tried to catch Shouki. The problem with that is you cannot catch him in the past or the future. You need to be exactly in the moment."<i></i> He would hold up his hand and conjure a plasma image.
hZaS35K.jpg

"Shouki likes to play games. He knows I am capable of playing them and succeeding in some fashion. He taunts me with things like these, and as such this was a taunt in the past."<i></i> He detailed. He looked to the bloody message. Before he could act further, Roku kicked down the door, Sousuke would cancel the plasma image and hold up his hands. "No Roku! Don't--"<i></i> Kicking down the door might enable the trap. Sousuke's armour would begin to reveal the upgrades. The texture and the steel would stretch oddly revealing a very detailed pattern of links. He would put himself on high alert. Full observation and counter-active measures engaged. Roku had a habit of kicking the metaphorical hornet's nest. This was worse, far worse. Sousuke would at the very least reach out and grab Roku before he would get a chance to move forward. If something came there way he would throw his weight down and move Roku accordingly with him to avoid whatever came their way. Nothing was ever simple with Shouki. Play riddles with him, he awards you. Hurt him truly and utterly? He hugs you.

Gotō Daiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"..." This place was...huge! And that ceiling? So cool. Wait..how did he end up here in the first place?

Oh, that's right. The same way he ended up anywhere. He was looking for something to eat. Some otherworldly being was having a right old laugh as the rose-haired youth stumbled blindly into the Hall of Hammers. In typical "A." fashion, his luck had landed him today. And...in typical "A." fashion, something bad was probably going to go down. As always it was right place, wrong time. If he wasn't getting dragged into some giant Monster battle he was having a misunderstanding with someone and causing general mischief. Twisted as his fortune was, you couldn't say it ever brought dull moments...

So here he was. Garbed in the same tourist-y garb he'd worn since his arrival in Suna. A red Hawaiian floral shirt with yellow accents hung open on his lean torso, while blue shorts with frayed ends adorned his legs. Plain old straw setta covered the soles of his feet. They clacked as his walked, no doubt alerting the others to his presence as he approached. But he wasn't exactly focused on masking it in the first place. No, his attention was the same place it had been as when he arrived. The ceiling. And man...was it just him or was it hot in here? And loud. The youth wiped a bit of sweat from his brow as he continued to move, eventually stopping a short ways from where Roku and the Kazekage were investigating a door. They'd be able to see him easily, but his gaze however was not on them. "How'd they make that?" he would think aloud, placing his hands on his hips as he squinted at the glass ceiling. Must've been one hell of a project. The sounds of a scuffle nearby should've ripped his attention away from the piece of art but...nope.

He just kept right on staring...

[Topic Entered!]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 2: 'Roku Senses'| Madman Arc said:
[col]Nerd talk would begin and his Roku Senses would start tingling. It was the feeling that the Nerdkage was in his presence and spouting his nonsensical overly smart person dribble. It would annoy and jolt him a bit, especially since he just made a call to Sousuke and the man suddenly appears. However, he would not be deterred from his door kicking as his leg would raise up, cock back and prepare to fire.

That is, until his Roku Senses began to tingle once more. The sudden firing up of Sousuke's latest suit plus the frantic grab attempt by the Kazekage would cause Roku to revert to fight mode. Before the Kage's hand could reach him, and before he could kick the door, Roku would erupt into hundreds of black sparrows that would swarm around the Kage before finally settling into three clusters (Flock of Shadows Mastered). The three clusters of flapping birds would begin to expand creating three shadow figures that would eventually turn into the image of Roku in all three locations. One behind Sousuke, one off in the distance and one would appear before the person who had just wandered upon the scene, Mako. The Roku in front of the mercenary would begin to speak while the other two remained stationary like statues.

"Very carefully..."

Would be his response for the man's wonderment of the ceiling.

"...hey, did you happen to kill someone and leave a bloody message on a random, mysterious door?"

It was an awkwardly forward question, but this pink haired man seemed oddly familiar, which with how Roku's luck usually meant they were someone involved with some force of evil. Why did he always stumble upon the worst of the worst in this world. His Roku Senses were definitely tingling once more.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
MFT - 298
|
NEb24aR.png
[legend="[img]http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu291/elcrazycac/Abom%20Transformations%20and%20New%20KASHA%20gifs/LOa6jKb_zpsf3foiwjr.png[/img]"]

Epithet:
Personal Data
Dojo
Fight Data
Maintains:

Actions

Conditional:

MISC:
Actions
Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"One way my ass..."

Roku's foot would make contact with the door and the center of the door would bow before it would finally break. Split in twain from the forceful blow, the ornate carved wood disappeared into the darkness. There would be no audible crash from these broken fragments, simply a gaping hole that seemed to cut into the abyss. Apparently the door was never assaulted by Roku's foot. There would of course be banter between those who heard Roku's call or rather wandered upon this strange happenstance. An additional door that bore a grisly warning. He or rather they had good reason for such concern, there was a madman in their midst, one that Sousuke knew well enough as he was a madman and this here was not simply the site of a potential murder but a mystery begging to be solved.

From the darkness a voice would call out. "Not one way if you lose to me!."

Was that his voice coming from the darkness?

Sousuke would recognize the sound. The sarcastic humor.

Shouki was a bad man merely for the sake of being so. Perhaps his mother did not love him enough or perhaps his father beat him too hard as a lad and that made him into the monster he is today. It would be easy to level fault with someone besides the lunatic himself. If he had been treated with gentler hands, if those mean words did not bruise his tender ego, if he just found the love of a good woman... It was all utter bullshit. Shouki would have been a monster no matter who raised him or how kindly he was raised, some people were just wired that way and Shouki was wired to be a fiend. He relished in the pain of others, into drawing people unwillingly into his sadistic games for his own amusement and their discontent. Might never makes right but it is hard to prove them wrong when you are dead.

The clues were all there, they just needed to work together to solve the riddle.
  • Body 1: A dead woman in the Oracle library with an ominous warning written in the form of a riddle. Half a parable found in a book about the first men.
    Body 2: A dead man in the Ranger's office with three numbered wall, the last unnumbered begging to be broken.
    Body 3: There was no third body yet but there was soon to be and it would be among those gathered here among the Journeymen. Shouki was a large man who tended to stand out, being a massive ginger. It would be uncanny if he was standing there now utterly unnoticed.

There was a slip of paper on the floor. It looked as if it was ripped from a book. The sheet had gilded edges and blackened lettering. There was not much written on them, just a few lines and something written in red ink.
The Scrap of Paper said:
feel as if you are weightless in the darkness and then in a blink of an eye you are standing again before that very same door. It is bright once again, blindingly so in contrast to the darkness that envoloped you moments before or at least you thought it had. Now you were standing again before that very same do but do reach again. Only this time the door would be locked. The knob would not turn and nobody would answer if you did knock.

Perhaps it was just a waking dream. The door never opened, it was always locked and would never open without a key. Didn't you just walk through that door. No, that is not possible. Or had you? Your hand reaches out again and you twist the knob again, harder this time. The knob does not turn.

One would assume that now was the time to leave, the door was only a passing fancy, an idle interest. As you do so, another man comes down that very seem hall and that very same door piques his interest. He reads the warning written on the frame: "one-way door."

"Don't bother, it is locked"

You warn him but he does not even seem to hear you as he reaches past or rather through you and turns the knob with ease. A shiver runs through your spine at your supposed close-encounter. You had just touched a ghost.

The door opened and only darkness awaited him. He walked through you, leaving you feeling empty and cold. He steps on through

[the final words have been blotted out]​

In its place is a children's joke written in red pen: When is a door not a door. WHEN IT IS AJAR!

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Roku would burst into feathers. No. Birds. Excellent. Great. "Oh good. You did not obliterate the evidence. I'm told I'm one for the theatrics. You're ten times worse. Why would you flock of shadows?"<i></i> The evidence. It did get blown up. Blast. Sousuke's head would turn to look at one, then two, then all three of the Roku. An electronic sigh would be emitted from the Kazekage. "Well at least we have a door to study now. Compare it to the others. See exactly what..."<i></i> It seemed that Roku had hit a nerve. He held his hands in the air with fists and would just release them. Yup. Chances were Roku was not paying attention. "Okay."<i></i> He stated more for himself than anyone else. "Now then..."<i></i> The two of them were then joined by another. Sousuke knew this man. He knew him not well, but he knew him far better than Roku did who seemed to be a bit too cold and socially problematic. Sousuke would put both his hands on his head at this point. "Roku! This youngling aided us during the Barnyx encounter. He was hungry, and wanted to eat Barynx. I think is safe to think he is not Shouki. Shouki is far too ... proud of himself to..."<i></i> Use a henge. Sousuke did not want to give Shouki any ideas. Giving him ideas was a very bad idea. Sousuke would then in fact hear the one voice to actually cause him mental distress. One of the many sources of his anxieties.

Now there was a note. Sousuke would pick up the note and he would pause for a moment. He would look over to Mako. "I'm Sousuke by the way, he's Roku. I don't believe we got to trade names, and secondly I hope you did manage to satisfy your hunger from when we bested Barnyx. I suspect by the end of this you will be quite famished too. We might be here for a while."<i></i> He would answer. He would stare at the door. He was one of the many who built this structure. The walls were ... not hollow, so Shouki hollowed them out. "His voice came from in there. Walking blindly in there is of course a very big problem, so let us shed some light upon this matter."<i></i> Sousuke would hold out his hand out. Locsuts would begin to crawl out from his sleeve as he was calling for one of his insect companions - a scout named Kou. Sousuke would look to his palm, but Kou did not appear there. Sousuke would reach in past his shoulder and pull Kou out. He would then sit the insect on his head then who would bury himself in Sousuke's purple hair. "These aren't bad people Kou. They're nice."<i></i> The insect would pop out for a moment and with large eyes look at Roku and then Mako before hiding once more. The locusts would then proceed to swarm up and go in underneath the door. Sousuke awaited to hear from Kou what his siblings did find.

Sousuke would look over the peice of paper. Where the words arranged in a cipher? Maybe. A code? "Maybe a code. The letter of each sentence? N. O. T. P. T. D. N. O. Y. T. O. A. H. D. Y. A. Y. T. H."<i></i> He would think. "Not today?"<i></i> Arrangement of the letters. Maybe? There was more to it, and ... in typical fashion. A joke. "When is a door not a door. When it is ajar."<i></i> He would read out loud. The bloody note did read one way door. Sousuke would rub his temples. He would await a report from Kou's siblings ... and he hoped he did not find a damnable jar.

Gotō Daiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One-track was his mind, but a person materializing out of birds was enough to take his attention off the ceiling. For now, at least..

"Eh?" the boy vocalized, arching an eyebrow as the man before him asked in a roundabout sort of way if he comitted a murder. The youth seemed to "think" turning his head towards Sousuke and the ketchup-covered door and squinting at them for a moment before returning his gaze to Roku. "Nope." Of course he didn't kill anybody! He never killed people...well, on purpose at least. Never really cared enough to actually strike finishing blows to his enemies. Maybe his past opponents had all just gotten lucky? Still, there was something off about this guy in front of him. For some reason it felt like he knew him from somewhere...like maybe he punched him in the gut with healing powers and saved him from dying at the Toraono Dojo. Weird. Oh well!

Yet...there was something else, still. Familiar, besides the fact that he saved him from dehydration at the gates. Or maybe...familial? It was like maybe the cosmos were trying to scream a certain revelation about this man to him, but he wasn't listening. Maybe his ears would open at a later date. A distorted voice reprimanded this "Roku" character, apparently recognizing the boy from somewhere. "Oh!" Mako once again turned his head to the tin man, his eyebrow remaining raised as he once again placed his hands on his hips. "You guys fought that worm too?" 'Chaotic' didn't even begin to describe the battle with the Barynx. There were a lot of combatants, and all sorts of friendly fire jutsu being tossed about. Even if the youth had a decent memory, he wouldn't have been able to recall everyone present. The Kazekage had remembered that Mako wanted to grill the colossal sandworm up and eat it, the mention bringing forth a, "Hehe...~" from the boy as he rubbed the back of his head. Ever since his first encounter with one he had always wondered what they tasted like. Maybe someday...

Sousuke continued, introducing both himself and his partner here while at the same time offering condolences for his hunger after the fierce battle. Mako folded his arms and tilted his head, an expression of slight confusion gracing his face. "Susuke and Roki, huh..." just-...what?! Sousuke, okay, that was three syllables. A little difficult for a man of his level of education. But Roku? It was four letters! FOUR! "Yeah." he began, a response to the second part. "Kuji fixed me up and gave me a bunch of food." Byakko Kyuji did. He also drugged him so he wouldn't be difficult to treat...but y'know. Details, details. Normally the boy almost always forgot to introduce himself, but since the good Kage made a point of reminding him that they didn't swap names last time, he managed to at least do that. "I'm Sachi A. Mako." he replied, nodding as his usual smirk remained. The boy's interest was piqued by the man's comment that they might be here awhile, which prompted him to take a few steps towards the Kage. But before he could walk any further something dawned on him. Something huge. "Wait..." Rose-colored locks of hair fell over his eyes, casting a dark shadow over his face. Whatever had just occurred to him...it had to be of dire importan- "You're a robot?!" His eyes lit up like sparkles as he ran over to Sousuke, looking the Robokage up and down. What kind of upgrades did he have? Did he take batteries? What were his secret robo jutsu?!

With every moment he poof-ed back and forth, each time in a new position looking over the man's armor. He'd seen a lot of crazy things, but never anything like this! "Can-..." His words failed him as he took a few steps back, squinting at Sousuke as he brought a hand up to his chin. After a period of time that could only be described as "too long", the boy offered up his question in a supremely overzealous tone. "Can you transform?" Any cool robot could...so he had to be able to! Maybe there was another machine he linked up with, combining to form an even cooler Robo! Before he could ask anymore ridiculous questions, countless insects began pouring out of the Kage's sleeve, prompting an awed, "Woah...~" from the youth. He watched as the chirping locusts bunched up and made their way underneath the bloody door, his eyes wide the entire time. Did this mean-...no. It couldn't be?! "So you're a Bugbot, then..." It was so simple, how hadn't he seen it before?! So he would just stand there, hand still propping up his head as he continued to nod. In a manner of moments he had correctly deduced everything about Sousuke's robot identity. He was a machine with complete control over all bugs. There wasn't anything he could've possibly gotten wrong. At all.

....what? Anyway, though he was currently quite distracted, his Sense was always on the lookout. Much like Roku's (JUST like his, strangely...), it was an ability capable of detecting chakra, killing intent, danger, etc (Sixth Sense). If anything too crazy happened, his "radar" of sorts should at least ping him to give him a bit of a heads-up. Y'know...hopefully.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 3: 'Saki A. Maki'| Madman Arc said:
[col]"Saki a Maki? The hell..."

Before he could dwell much on the oddity of the man's name, the fact there was a random "A" in the middle of it all or the fact that he had gotten the name "Roku" wrong, Sousuke would chime in with his usual Sousuke antics. Concern for his actions, general displeasure in him doing something over the top, reminding him of small details he missed, such as that the reason this man felt familiar was because he was one of the individuals fighting the worm with them. That is when it would hit him, as his eyes would grow rather large, mimicking the excitement Mako had shown for the robot-like style of the Kazekage.

"You're the one who made your arms all humongous. How do you do that!?"

Yes, for all the ways he could hit things with a strong, powerful blow, the fact that someone could enlarge their fists to that of giants cause a sense of wonderment to churn within his soul. Punching things like a giant, like a master summon, would be a dream he never knew he had until he saw the pink haired man doing it himself. There was also the other thought;

"Wait... what else could you enlarge..."

A devilish grin appeared on his face as his eyes, turning from wonderment to evil intentions, focused on Mako.

I wonder if I could assimilate him like the Ancients and the worms... he can't just be human right, not with the power to make things... bigger.

While he had no insecurities in his own body, one would never pass up the opportunity to go from superman to a god if they could. No millionaire would pass at the chance to be a billionaire. So it was settled, he was greedy and curious.

"Maki, take my non-existent hand...", he would say while raising the nub that once was his left hand.

And then I shall absorb you!

Sousuke would begin to do bug things and check out the scene. The Kage also seemed to find a slip of paper and begin to read it, and then start to once more talk to himself. The finer details were things he struggled with at times when he didn't really care about it. For this current situation, it was removed from the intricacies of his investigation into the Sovereign, Daimyo and Lords. Sousuke seemed to think it was Shouki, and if it was then this was already a boring situation.

The man has a grudge against Sousuke and his mother. He is either distracting us to hunt her or he is just being a dick to toy with Sousuke.

Personal grudges with sociopaths seemed more irritating than most normal grudges. So getting super caught up in it did not really seem worth it, however, it meant the man was probably coming to take Sousuke's life, and that was a 'no-no'. So while the Kage was focused on trying to figure out the door and read the paper for clues, Roku would chime in.

"Isn't it odd that blood was used to write the message and there is no blood around the area, also no body can be seen.... also, that paper looks ripped, where do you think it came from? Oh, also, Shouki was the son of an Oracle, right? So why leave something for Journeymen, maybe we weren't the only clique that got a special present?"

He would shrug, he did his good deed at this point in time, so to distract him from kicking down the door and getting too far wrapped up in what will prove to ultimately be a big pain in the ass, he would turn his attention to Mako.

"Sooooo, why do you have an 'A' in the middle of your name, like are you "a Maki", what does that even mean?"

Recently, he learned his current name was a clan given to him by the people that found him and his given name was merely a play on the number he was in the experiment, so have a middle initial was almost a completely foreign concept.
OOC:
MFT - 688
|
NEb24aR.png

Epithet:
Personal Data
Dojo
Fight Data
Maintains:

Actions

Conditional:

MISC:
Actions
Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Something was going on here. Be it a mysterious prank, an ominous threat or something else entirely, doors just do not pop out of nowhere. Especially doors with an ominous warning. The 'ketchup-colored' door was safe from harm. Playing footsies with Roku was dangerous for one's health. The Robokage would summon a small creature, Kou, a skittish little creature with one very special ability: control over the swarm. The little locust with his black and orange dotted skin, yellow compound eyes, long black antennas and an orange under belly stood out in Sousuke's amethyst hair and the grey, dusty floor. Kou called upon his brethren, compared to these much smaller insects he was king. With his army at his command the swarm of insects would squeeze beneath the narrow space between the floor and the bottom aspect of the door.

There would be nothing that followed. The insects did not return from beneath that narrow passage that they could barely squeeze beneath. They did not call out from the other side. Perhaps the door was too thick for them to be heard, this gentle buzz too soft. Or perhaps... perhaps just maybe the warning was true and this was indeed as it claimed to be 'a one-way door.'

OC: Not much more for me to say here so a joke. Robokage, I have a joke for you. A robot walks into a bar, orders a drink, and lays down some cash. The bartender says, "we don't serve robots." The robot replies, "oh, but some day you will."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke watched in dead silence as the locust swarm filtered through the door. While Mako was having a moment, and while Roku was having a moment Sousuke ignored the two of them. He watched intently as the swarm filtered through. The swarm did not return. Nothing was relayed to Kou. The nervous and quiet insect peered over Sousuke's head. They were not talking. They were not moving. They were not there. The insect would bury itself in his hair and despaired. Sousuke would reach up and pet Kou with an index finger trying to offer some sort of consoling notion. "They might not be dead Kyou."<i></i> He spoke in a mechanical voice. There had seemed to be little emotion in the voice spoken. "Could be a displacement jutsu. If death was indeed just beyond that door we would have heard them cry out, or we would have seen their remains ... ooze out through the door."<i></i> The little insect emitted a sound of sorts. It was a chirp of sorts. Sousuke felt one of the appendages pat his head. Kou seemed to ... be okay with this possibility. Most things were better than death. If you asked Ken, oranges were great. If you asked Joou? Nobility in the extreme. If you asked Nemuri? The answer was herself.

By this time Sousuke would sort of snap back in time. He would have played in his mind all the reactions and questions asked to him by Mako. "I sort of phased out for a moment. Trying to consider things ... seeing as how we ... have lost contact with the swarm. Contact was lost as the precise moment the locust swarm went under the door. The concept of the one way door seems to be not a farce but an actuality. There might be a warp seal behind the door, but we do not know what is behind the door yet."<i></i> He looked over to Roku. "Those warp seals at the exam being given out - can you re-detail those for me? They were ink based in nature, you weren't given a card, but a stamp if memory serves correctly."<i></i>

Yes. Mako had said his name wrong, but so did Okibi for several years. Sogay was what she called him. Susuke wasn't that much of a stretch to arrive to. Roku on the other hand decided to be childish about the whole matter and decided to botch Mako's name in return. Sousuke would simply give Roku that bored look when he told him to take hold of the nub. "Are you just going to not use the hand I made for you, or did you break it and not tell me? Or are you going to act like my grandmother, who is also named Mako, and be incredibly stubborn about this whole ordeal? It currently stands that stubborn is at 61.82%. Broken is at 38.18%. Pride is another variable but I'm putting it under the stubborn number because ... pride and stubbornness can feed into each other. I'm also happy to report that ... both of us are still here, and you did not throw yourself into the supposed darkness of space that is behind the door ... which is an enigma of sorts which we must work together to reveal what is the absolute truest in nature. Not that we have a blackhole behind that door because if we did they we would have been probably sucked into it as that is the nature of some bleak matter relevancies. I'm certain there is a shadow justu that could be used as a vacuum of sorts out there, it has merely not been recorded, or rather whoever really invented that jutsu is merely keeping it a secret and wants to use it as the element of surprise upon his or her adversary of choice."<i></i> At this point Sousuke would stop speed talking which he was doing and unto which he hoped Roku understood each and every single word spoken because Roku damn well knew what he was saying most of the time, whether or not he chose to actually accept it and respond accordingly was entirely up to him. He had it in him, he merely had to use the tools that he had been given in the metaphorical sense.

"I suspect the idea is whomever walks through the door will become the next murder victim."<i></i> Sousuke guess. "Could send a blood sample down to Kyuji to see if he can figure out who it belongs to. Fuu provided me with knowledge to re-form the Orders. We should probably check in with the others to find out if they too are presented with ... this. We deal with iron and metal here. Sure we have paper but this is from a novel or narrative."<i></i> He detailed out loud. He handed it to Roku. "It reads like a narrative. Could be a lyric. Most likely the former than the latter given the narrative structure and progression. There is speaking involved. Unfortunately I am not a connoisseur on horror literature. I would suspect beyond this door is perhaps what has been written. Darkness awaits, but a darkness that ... consumes as evident by t."<i></i>

Ah. Yes. Back to Mako who had eyes that were shining quite brightly. "Yes... some people believe that I am automaton that acts in accordance of what some people believe is best for the village."<i></i> Yes. Some people did think he was a machine, and he showed such as he was ... able to go on for days without sleep. He broke down from time to time, but that was a physical thing. Everything has their limits. Sousuke knew his. "Can I transform. Well. I can have spikes emerge from my shoulders and sides. I'm not going to do it right here because I would ruin my clothes, and I hate doing that. In some limited circumstances I can alter my design, and expand it but that is because I am altering a design from solid to a hollow design. Does that suffice your definition of transformation? As for being a bugbot? Well ... no my family has a contract with insects."<i></i>He would motion for Roku and Mako to follow him to the side as he went to look at the door. Were there henges? What was holding up the door, was there a lock on the door, was there a mechanism to it? Sousuke was looking for a tell or secret about the door. Was it wood, that was not wood? Was it iron wood which was imported? Was it a weakened metal?

OOC: Are the other clues like IC knowledge yet? Kazuki nor Kuro have yet to inform us accordingly. Also Robokage, might have to make that cannon.

Gotō Daiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Mhm, mhm." was his response along with a few nods as 'Roki' mispronounced his name and then recognized him as the person who was beating on the Barynx with gargantuan limbs. People getting his name wrong didn't faze him much (as he was horrible with names himself...), but the fact that he took an interest in his abilities brought him some sort of childish pride. The "how" it was done was a little difficult to answer however... "Hm..." the boy mused aloud as he tapped his chin with an index finger. It never really appealed to him to deconstruct the mechanics behind his body-enlarging technique. Though there were a few things even his simple mind could glean. "I just pump a bunch of chakra in and..." his words stopped as he brought his hands together and slowly moved them apart, making an 'expanding' sort of motion. "...boom." Honestly, this was probably the best explanation he was going to get. Mako didn't even fully understand it himself. He'd certainly not been capable of such things from birth. And yet..every time he activated his Burst it felt like it was second-nature to him. In fact it was the only reason he was capable of altering his form in such a manner at all! He was just terrible at molding chakra, rendering him incapable of using Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. If it wasn't somehow so instinctive for him, he wouldn't be able to perform such a devastating technique at all. Roku mischievously asked what else he could enlarge, the intentions of such a question all but lost on him. After a moment of deliberation the boy shrugged. "Everything, I guess."
luffy_s_face_by_vixerrowsky-d7wjb7e%20copy_zpszmskfeoq.png

"Ew, gross!"
His face contorted into a comically repulsed expression as the man raised his nub of a hand and offered it to him. "Where's your hand?!" See, the rose-haired dolt didn't quite understand the concept of tact. Manners either, for that point. A nubby stump instead of a hand was exactly what he said it was. Gross! While both Mako and Roku were busy goofing around, the almighty Robokage seemed to be hard at work trying to decipher this riddle an apparent murderer had left for them. It all came back to this door. The swarm of scouts he had sent ahead hadn't reported back, and seemed to have disappeared altogether. Strange. Veeerrry strange. His attention soon turned back to Sousuke as the machine began ranting, his words getting faster and faster as he went on. Statistics were mixed in with words he had no hopes of understanding. Like "relevancies" and "currently". Absolutely mind-boggling. Mako had a hard time paying attention to conversations at normal speed, so this one undoubtedly scrambled his eggs. Steam seemed to shoot out of his ears as he attempted to concentrate, the only thing he gathered being, "There's another Mako?" Two Makos? TWO?! As if one scatterbrained rosehead wasn't enough...

An "Mm?" emanated from his throat as Roku inquired about the nature of his middle initial. It certainly was a mystery. Middle names were completely uncommon. But surely he'd be knowledgeable on such a subject...right? "Dunno." Offfff course not. His grandpa had told him during his "training", but like most things he didn't retain much from the elder's lengthy explanation. "Gramps told me when we were training." Suddenly his eyes went wide, and he fell silent for an unusual length of time. He wasn't horrified or anything...but there was definitely a healthy amount of fear in his face. It almost looked like he was having a war flashback... "I don't want to remember that." Actually it seemed exactly like that! Whatever his grandfather had put him through seemed to have had a profound effect on the boy. If only these two knew just how much of a monster his ol' Gramps really was. While he was busy being shell-shocked, the Robokage began attempting to deduce the machinations of whoever was behind these schemes. Surely the youth wouldn't be much help even if he was paying attention, so it was probably for the best that he was temporarily paralyzed while remembering the horror that was his "training". Bits and pieces of the conversation did bleed through however. Something about a note? And Kyuji! His buddy who rescued him literally from death's door. But mostly he was just standing there, his eye twitching every so often...

Eventually he did snap out of it however, when Sousuke answered his earlier uh..."enthusiastic" questions about his robo-ness. The boy shook his head erratically, trying his hardest to rid himself of those terrible memories. Once he'd done so, his eyes once again regained that twinkle they had earlier, his goofy-looking grin growing to cover his face. "I knew it!" he thought aloud, giving a little fist pump. Of course he could transform! All the coolest robos could. The part about a contract confused him though (surprise, surprise...) and he wrinkled his nose at the thought. "Contract, huh?" His head immediately filled with the image of thousands of bugs 'contracting' Sousuke to build cool suits of robot armor. He was like Iron Extremely Hard Metal Man! "Cooool...~" It was. It uh...really was. After a while of his brain running rampant he made his way over to the door, following the Robokage's lead as he began inspecting it. Earlier he hadn't paid much attention to the hardwood portal because he was...y'know, focused on the ceiling. But now that he got a better look at it he could clearly see that it was covered in some sort of red substance. It was actually a string of words! A hand came to rest on his chin as he squinted at the letters. "One Way...Doog?" The lettering was clearly smudged. Whoever did this didn't have the best handwriting. Bloodwriting? Whatever. "Weird." With a shrug, the boy would reach a hand out in an attempt to open the door. If it for some reason didn't budge the youth would frown and put some "oomph!" into his next try, flexing his unusual strength to do so (Bull's Strength). No point in standing around all day looking at the thing. And besides...just because they opened it didn't mean they'd suddenly get sucked in or anything.

Right?

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 4: 'Open Doors'| Madman Arc said:
[col]"Sand worm ate it."

Mako was present for it but the sheer size of the battle, it was not odd that someone would miss something happening to another individual. Surely things occurred that Roku missed, unfortunately being cut up by his Kage was not one of them. Speaking of cutting blows from a friend, Sousuke was taking the time to lecture him or complain...or something. Either way, he was quickly zoned out as it seemed Sousuke did not factor any of his talking points into his own diatribe. Was it the adult thing to do? No, but when dealing with friends sometimes non-adult things occurred. Sousuke would need to be more caring and less robot.

"Sand worm ate it, diamond sand storm made this scar, and this one and this one. This is from having my gut punctured and passing out in the slums. This one is from Sousuke cutting me with his quick draw. Oh, this one is from a lady... I deserved that one. This one..."

He wasn't sure why he felt compelled to try and cover his own scars, even though Mako seemed less inclined to discuss whatever caused him to go into a thousand yard stare mode...probably something horrific, to this pink haired man. Maybe it was he was interesting, maybe there was something about him, maybe Roku was just in a talkative mood. Either way, Mako would go and do something that would bring a smile to his face; approach the door.

"Uh-oh, daddy gonna be mad."

In all fairness, Roku was opening the door this time around too, so for his sanity and Sousuke's, maybe it was better that the new person was going to take charge. Less of a emotional connection if he was to die. However, because Roku had more things he wanted to pestered the amazing stretching man with, he would ready himself to dart in and defend the newcomer no matter what came out of the door, or what opening the door might have caused.
OOC:
MFT - 335
|
NEb24aR.png

Epithet:
Personal Data
Dojo
Fight Data
Maintains:

Actions

Conditional:

MISC:
Actions
Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Leave the door open for the unknown, the door into the dark. That’s where the most important things come from, where you yourself came from, and where you will go.
- Rebecca Solnit​

The investigating trio continued to discuss trivial things like names. The door a secondary consideration when there was missing appendages the the loss of other dimensional or worldly kin meant to be nothing more than fodder in combat. That was until the bubblegum headed young man reached out and grasped the doorknob. The door would feel cool against his skin and the knob would turn easily. Perhaps that would be unexpected, compliance for the mysterious item that had garnered so much attention. The door would swung inward easily with a simple, clean graceful and soundless motion. If he pushed on the door however, it would not budge. Not initially in any case, it would groan and bow if he tried to force it with his brutish strength but not give way despite the crack that would form near the knob, warping the latch. When he relented the door would open with now a creek as the bent door wobbled inward exposing the darkness within.

Beyond the door there was nothing but blackness. It was as if the door was a portal into another world, such perfect darkness even with the radiant light from the shop while dim and hazy from the forge failed to outline the floor or the walls. All they would see is darkness in the world or perhaps maybe simply the space beyond the door. If they peered inside and looked to the left or to the right they would see the wall. They would see the other side of the wall that surrounded the room they were standing in. It was simply exposed brick on that side with a thin layer of mortar between each brick. It was the same on their side, the saddle-brown, rough bricks. The wall was not thick, perhaps five inches of stone but the light from such a deep angle did not go far. They would not see the point where the wall turned on a ninety-degree angle. He could not even see the light spill in from the shop to reveal a rectangular patch of floor.

No sound came from the room. There was no pile of insects on the other side of the threshold, just darkness. Perhaps the message written in blood was a lie -- it was a door to a room filled with darkness and nothing more. Would the darkness reach out and swallow them whole. No, the shadows would not grasp and they would not grip. They black abyss before them was unmoving, unwavering, unliving. Some tend to anthropomorphize the world around them. Give the inert and inanimate 'life' but there was no life to be had here. Was that the answer: death was the darkness? No, what would the punchline be.
Humor my friend is only funny when it is true.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The door was opened, and that ... Sousuke expected something more of it. He tapped the side of his forehead with his index finger. Roku in amongst this brought up the wound Sousuke had inflicted upon him earlier. "Still sore about that even if I apologized to you ... three times? I suspose next time I will hand write an apology letter."<i></i> He spoke as he continued to look at the darkness from beyond. No locust bodies, no ... no remains ... no signs of anything at all. Sousuke would continue to tap his forehead. "You admit you deserved a scar? From a lady? Pray do tell. Details. Details."<i></i> Sousuke would turn his head slightly to face Roku, but for the most part he was abosrbed by the door. He did wave the piece of paper at Roku. He wasn't sure if Roku missed it, or perhaps he needed to be more obvious about it. "Would you kindly have a read over this?"<i></i>

Amongst all of this Mako was suffering from some PTSD moment. Sousuke made note of this, "You suffer from momentary lapses in time when you recollect a memory you despise which is in some form highly traumatic or damaging to the self?"<i></i> He would inquire of Mako. The young man clearly indiciated he did not want to remember this. Sousuke too wanted to put out of his mind the final death of Magentica, or cutting down Kaito in the manner he did. There was a difference in fighting a monster, but a man was something different. Shouki was by no means a man to Sousuke, Shouki was a cancer and an anomaly. "My grandmother, her name is Mako ... she and you do not at all share any similarities aside from name."<i></i>

"Daddy never got mad. I suspect you meant me being Daddy, which ... as you know ... is correct. I am a father, of sorts. Metaphorically ... and physically to an extent. Mako opened up the door from the side. You wanted to kick it down. There is a very big difference in the procedure in all of this. Why am I being called Daddy anyways? I'm not old enough to father either of you."<i></i> Sousuke would continue to stare in the darkness. "A door is not a door when it is ajar."<i></i> He repeated. "Wish I had Kazuki or Mikaboshi present right now to manipulate the darkness."<i></i> Sousuke held up his hand and began conjuring a plasma star. He would allow the plasma star to fly in towards the darkness, in so much as to enter it. He would not as Kou to send more insects in. The locust looked out from Sousuke's hair saying nothing. Where was its siblings? As he awaited the plasma star to go into the darkness, he would again for a second time make an inquiry with Roku. "Those warp seals, from the exam, did you ever see them get used in person? A door is a door when it is a warp seal. If Kou's siblings disappeared, the other end of this just might be a warp seals but masked through the use of a darkness jutsu."<i></i>

Gotō Daiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mako's mouth formed an "o" shape as the door slowly swung open. For a second there, he wasn't sure if it was gonna open at all! Even his seemingly unnatural strength which he gained from years of life-threatening training with his uncle and grandpa didn't do the trick.Hell, the frame even cracked from the amount of strain he was putting on it. Pull and pull his he might, it just didn't want to budge. But as soon as he let the doorknob go...the strangest thing happened. Through no force of his own or anyone else's the door slowly and soundlessly opened without so much as a creak. "Huh..." the boy conceded, watching with a raised eyebrow as it moved on its own. "Weird." ...yeah. Just a bit.

On the other side of the door was...nothing. Or at least what looked to be nothing. No. It's not that there wasn't anything exciting behind the portal...its that there was an actual absence of ANYTHING. A black void stared the three "detectives" in the face, almost as if it were daring them to step into its darkness. Roku had answered his earlier question, explaining how he lost his hand. Apparently one of those nasty worm-looking things ate it. "Hm..." A sour expression took hold on his face as he was reminded of the creatures. Ever since entering Wind Country he'd had multiple encounters with these sandworm things. First the modified wyrms underneath Chaumerus Caverns, where Karu and Takeyashi were both seriously hurt. Then the almighty Barynx, which Sousuke and Roku were both there for, and apparently where the latter lost his digits. And then there was his most run-in with one. It was an adult, and the boy had severely underestimated its speed. He'd thought it would be lumbering like Barynx, but it turned out to be surprisingly agile in the sands and landed a critical blow against him while he was pretty much helpless. Of course this encounter helped to awaken a new ability of his...but that didn't mean he liked it! Roku went on for awhile, showing the boy his many scars and telling a little about how he gained them. One of them was even the fault of Sousuke here! As the Kage offered to write an apology letter Mako smirked. "Hehe...cool.~" Fighting was fun. He'd sorta had the love of battle beaten into him since he was a child. Still, losing a hand must've sucked...

An eyebrow was raised as Souske inquired about his what-seemed-to-be PTSD. Of course he had never had an official diagnosis or anything, and his fear of his grandpa was usually comical, but yeah. That's exactly what it was. "Uh-huh." the boy responded with a nod, not quite comprehending the bigger words the Robokage used but understanding the overall question. "Gramps is..." ...uh-oh. It was happening again! This one was shorter and he eventually snapped out of it with a shudder. "Scary." Suddenly, a thought occured. Imagine that...Mako...thinking. Crazy, right? "He teaches at the Academy." Perhaps Sousuke and Roku already knew of him? As Kage and Sennin respectively, they might've already heard of a peculiar old hermit with graying rose-colored hair and a gigantic stature. The seven foot tall elder was referred to around the village as "Sofu" and he dwells in the desert of Wind Country. Though he's just as often called "Majin" for his terrifying displays of power. Occasionally he comes into the village for supplies...and more than a few times he's knocked some "troublemaker" heads together when the situation calls for it. But make no mistake he's no benevolent old man. Any time he gets involved its for a selfish reason. Once he stopped a robbery on accident...because one of the thieves bumped into him. One of the pursuing shinobi witnessed his raw Taijutsu prowess and, awestruck, asked if he'd like to tutor Sand's Academy. He declined, saying "I'm no teacher." Another nearby shinobi recognized him from his antics, and knew him as the man who'd caused tens of thousands of yen in property damage with his fights. So the Suna-nin made a new offer. In exchange for tutoring some of Sand's up-and-coming ninja in Taijutsu, they wouldn't worry about the serious amount of collateral damage he'd caused over the years. Begrudgingly, he accepted. Mako shuddered once again, thinking back to his grandfather's "training". "Those gotta be some scary classes..." Indeed they were.

More confusion took hold in the boy's already muddled brain when Souske explained the "Mako" situation. Now he was a grandmother? Wait...no that didn't sound right. Could Gramps be his Gramps if he was grandmother himself? These were the serious questions that nobody asked. Luckily he didn't have time to spew more nonsense as somewhere along the way Roku referred to the Robokage as "daddy". Man, between Kaen and these two Suna sure had one kinky bunch of ninja. Sousuke then in classic fashion straight-manned Roku's joke, causing the boy to let out a small laugh. These two were a pair! And the three of them together? Unstoppable. Hold on. What? "Oooh..." Mako uttered after watching the energy-laden star float towards the door. Ninjutsu was such a cool thing...if only his chakra control wasn't so laughable. But, what can ya do? Can't be born good at everything, I guess. Like a duckling waddling after its parent the youth began to walk after the star. There was conversation behind him about a warp-seal, but honestly he wasn't paying too much attention. After all, there was a shiny thing right in front of him! So, throwing caution to the wind as usual, the boy would follow after Sousuke's floating lantern into the void. If there was anything malicious waiting for him, hopefully his Sense was plugged in properly today and would give him a heads-up beforehand. (Sixth Sense)

And if not? Well...he was just gonna keep walking anyway!

[mft]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 5: 'Mako: The One Who Enters'| Madman Arc said:
[col]Sousuke was exceptionally unplayful today. He would offer a hand written note, which for someone that just talked about missing a hand would either come off as one of two ways; playful poke or a biting barb. Due to how he had been interpreting much of the interaction with Sousuke so far, Roku would take it as the latter. Whole soul or fractured, it seemed Sousuke was more focused with his mysteries and higher reasoning than seeing his friend growing more confrontational by the second.

"Open it or kick it down... what is the difference? Break the door? If the door was booby trapped opening it would still... nevermind. No, never saw the warp seals in action. Never got one myself. I tried to inquire about them but the hired help did not seem to fully understand what they were doing, merely following the orders of their handlers."

He would peer into the open door as Sousuke began to work on his own thoughts.

Honestly, sort of anti-climatic. Maybe it was too brash to immediately jump to Shouki. This seems less like the image Fuu and Sousuke have painted of him. So, is it even Sovereign... what if the Ancients were...

As Mako would start his movements towards the door, Roku would toss his annoyance at the Kage;

"Going to let our guest march in there?"
OOC:
Sorry about the delay
|
NEb24aR.png

Epithet:
Personal Data
Dojo
Fight Data
Maintains:

Actions

Conditional:

MISC:
Actions
Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]
[/quote]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: I preemptively apologize for the offensive nature of this post. This is the point of view of the NPC being played, not mine. =.=; But I am going to hell for this post I know it.

IC:

There is a science to humor. You don't simply place several people in divergent situations adjacent and hope for the best. A roomful of monkeys with typewriters will never write you Shakespeare, perhaps some fecal matter encrusted transcript of gibberish but nothing more. Yes, there is the laws of probability that with the random assortment of keys that phrases will be made by one through random chance eventually, but that has about as much logic as saying if enough tornadoes plagued the desert carrying boulders and waves of earth that one day the tower of Baylos would be rebuilt. Think people. Random chance is not something that should be accounted for as a logical endpoint or as a future ambition, the chance is the variable and in this case the victim. With humor it is important to remember that it has to be true to be funny.

What's the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chick pea? I wouldn't pay forty bucks to have a garbanzo bean on my face.

Why can't you fool an aborted fetus? Because it was not born yesterday.

What part of a vegetable can't you eat? The wheelchair.

How do you put a baby in a blender? Turn it on. How do you get it out? Tortilla chips.

A guy goes into the library and asks the librarian "do you have the new book on small penises?" She replies "sorry, I don't think it's in yet." He says, "yeah, that's the one."

One more...

A sadist, necrophiliac, pyromaniac, zoophiliac, and a masochist were sitting in a jail cell together. The zoophiliac says, "I want to have sex with a dog." The sadist says, "I want to torture a dog then have sex with it." The pyromaniac says, "I wanna torture the dog, set it on fire, then have sex with it." The necrophiliac says, "Well I want to torture the dog, set it on fire, have sex with it, then kill it and have sex with it again." Finally, the masochist says, "Woof."

So think about it folks, there is nothing funny with an ax-wielding madman waiting on the other side of the door. So no, it would not go 'boom' but it would stay true to its word all the same and be a one-way door. You can dissect humor, but it often doesn't live through the process. But no worried friends, don't let an extra chromosome get you down.

Sousuke would expel a ball of light into the darkness. The luminescent orb would enter the space but there would be nothing to see but a bling ball of flaming gas in the heart of an utterly open and empty space. The light would illuminate a diameter of 100 feet before it became too dim to see anything any longer. Beyond the empty space that was filled with only light was darkness. No walls, no ceilings, no floors. Simply an open space. Perhaps it was an illusion, Shouki could be a man of many talents. Why not pan-dimensional seals or teleportation markings, maybe an illusionary darkness to obscure the truth.

Mako took a step forward.

...or perhaps just no floor.
The rest of the Story said:
As the man ambles into the mysterious, dark room, his foot does not find any ground. He falls before he even has a chance to scream from fright or surprise. Down... down... down he goes to the bottom of the pit inside the room. He dies the instant he hits the pile of dead bodies at the bottom of the pit; his body lies neatly next to yours.

As Mako traversed the threshold, his foot would find no ground. It was not simply a step or a platform that he would walk off of into the darkness but rather a pit that he entered. Solving one riddle -- why this space was termed a 'one-way door.' He would fall into the darkness, the bottom would be very very far away. A few hundred feet until he hit a hard, stony bottom. If he did fall, his legs would be broken and he would not be alone in the darkness. If he fell and he landed on the bottom, his mangled hands would scrape along the floor and he would feel the cold earth but then his bloodied hands would feel cloth and leather. His nose would smell blood, not the succulent aroma of rare meat but rather the pungent stink of death. He would also hear a scraping sound. A skittering. Mako was not alone down here. The real story the inspired this nightmare might have ended there, but this one did not.

Funny.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke would try and reach out to grab Mako, much like he did Roku. Unfortunately Mako descended. He descended? What? No. Yes. Yes he did. Mako fell. Sousuke watched in horror as the young one fell. He fell vertically down, and that was the most important part in all of this. Sousuke would full back the plasma orb and send it down. He would approach the door frame and peer down. "If I let you kick the door down you would have been propelled forward with the force you exerted. You would have went forward and fell down there."<i></i> Sousuke emitted a sort of metallic growl of sorts. There was a high amount of urgency here. "Something something big hole in the ground."<i></i> He reminded Roku of a particular adventure of sorts in the past that was for the purposes of this moment still an unsolved problem.

Sousuke would have to act quickly. He did not know the knowledge or the data to project the drop. He would conjure a plasma lasso and he would send the plasma down as quickly as he could to try and find Mako. Sousuke would then hurl the lasso at him trying to grab him, or at least try to give him something to grab onto. "Mako grab it."<i></i> He would shout at the boy.

It still didn't make sense. The locusts from before would have merely descended, they would have not fallen, it's not like they proceeded it quickly and even then they could climb? Surely the walls inside of this thing could be gripped? Maybe not. Maybe Sousuke should have had Roku attached to the other end of this, and then kick down the door. At the very least then things would have been easier, but then again he would need the consent of Roku to have him lasso'd.

There was a reason for everything. A door is not a door when it is a pit. "A door is not a door when it is a pit. Shouki your jokes suck."<i></i> Sousuke's mechanical voice came out harshly. Yes. That was the damnable joke. How did Shouki dig through steel? With no sound? Someone would have reported in. "Mako?! Mako!?"<i></i> Sousuke would call out to him. Surely he was able to do something. Surely it's not like this would occur...

No. No. Surely not. If Sousuke had managed to lasso Mako, he would then began to heave and pull on him. "Communications, this is the Kazekage - directive six now. All Orders report in right now."<i></i> It was time to see what exactly was going on in all other places. "Looking for suspicious actions in any of the Ranger training areas, or anything of interest in the Oracle library."<i></i>

Gotō Daiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It felt like his body fell before his neck and head did. He also suddenly gained an immense hatred towards roadrunners. Weird. A "Hm?" was the only thing he managed to get out before falling. No...while falling. Wait a second...

...he was falling?! A quick glance downwards confirmed it. Actually no it didn't. It was pitch black in here. But what his eyes couldn't tell him his other senses did. Wind rushing upwards and the sudden feeling of weightlessness definitely made things obvious to him. "AHHHH!" the boy shouted as he plummeted, his reaction possibly a little delayed. This was bad! As far as he knew this thing was bottomless, which would suck. But then again, crashing into the bottom of a pit at terminal velocity probably wasn't too fun either. For once in his airheaded existence he actually had to use his brain. Think, Mako, think! "Oh yeah!" Well...that was fast. A fist smashed into his open palm. He figured it out! Usually his Ninjutsu and Genjutsu ineptitude hindered him in situations like these...but he had the perfect technique for this exact scenario! One after the other Mako stretched each of his limbs out diagonally, so he looked sorta like a starfish. Inhaling sharply, some of his body's chakra was put into circulation. In a matter of moments the boy's entire figure swelled, and he expanded into a spherical shape (Human Boulder). He looked almost kinda like a balloon! "Cushion!~" Mako shouted the name of his once-improvised technique. Surely this would at least lessen the blow, if not cause him to bounce around manically like a human wrecking ball.

It was only after applying his odd jutsu that he saw the Robokage's energy rope lifeline. He tried to reach a hand out for it but his now stubby limbs weren't the most flexible. His Cushion had saved him from nasty falls many times before, so he'd be alright. Probably. His now rotund form was extremely resilient...so much so that he even used it for attacks sometimes! But whether or not the fall scrambled his eggs or not, there was another issue. Not Sousuke and Roku squabbling, not the missing locusts...not even the question as to where the hell he was exactly. It was a sound. A noise of something moving that he picked up as he moved closer and closer to the bottom. There was also the matter of a disgusting scent that filled his nostrils. Smelled bad. Smelled...like crime. The three makeshift detectives (and more pressingly himself) were in for some sort of surprise. What was it with Wind Country, monsters, and dead things?! Now this would make three times where he'd run into something gnarly underground. And in the dark! Ooh, maybe it was a sandworm? Then they could have that good ol' barbecue they didn't get to have with the Barynx. Y'know...on account of the debilitating terminal disease it was carrying inside it.

As his ball-like form raced towards the bottom of the pit Mako would keep his eyes forward. Hopefully his Sense was cooperating today, because he couldn't see a thing! Not like he could just conjure up a lamp either. What was he, a respectable ninja with halfway decent chakra control or something? If his balloon technique did infact cushion the blow from the fall, the rose-haired youth would bounce in place a few times before dispelling it and returning in an instant to his usual lean self. His large brown irises would continue to glance around the pit, waiting for the slightest hint of danger. Who knew? Maybe this would be fun!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back