Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Debating a Deal with a Doctor [Open RP]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Research and studying huh? Airi could not deny that she was a little bit depressed. The doctors gave her medicine for the large cut on her arm…it made it difficult for her to do any sort of physical training. She felt restless and it made her upset. She could just lay around in a bed and mope but that was not her style. She needed to do something. It was three months since she graduated and probably closer to four since the last time she visited the large library. While she could not say they were friends something did feel good about moving and searching. Since she could not use her physical body much she got a crazy idea while sitting in the medical wing. She had started to think a lot about Byakko-san…

"If your natural limits prove insufficient, you may request me personally and I will be happy to liberate you from human constraints and offer to you the benefits gleaned from less committed peers.”

Thus her reasoning for coming to the Bibliotheca Conscientiae. Yukiin mentioned that all the people who took up this…well different type of humanity were supposed to be registered. As she moved through the records she wanted to find a more general book mainly just detailing what could be done. She was certainly not trying to make any decisions but if she did not even know the options then she would never move forward. She also felt like she could go and meet with Yukiin but if she did no research beforehand he would have probably directed her here first anyway. She also felt like if she met with Yukiin…he would be able to convince her to do it even if she might regret it in the future.

“Who would want to be with a monster right?” Her end goal was to have a family after this shinobi business was over, though it probably only really ended when…she glanced at her right arm that was now in a sling…she moved her hair a bit to cover the bruising she had on the left side of her face. She never liked playing the victim and she did not want anyone to go out of their way just to help her grab a book. It seemed silly in all honesty. She had even sent messages to Setsu, Rinko, and Momo that she would be holing up in her house to study for a while and might not see them for a bit. She knew they would baby her and she did not want that…especially not after…

“Someday, when you're lying in the dirt, you'll wish you had taken my advice."

…she felt herself slouch a bit. Yea I was this close to dying…it was the second time but the first was more a survival of instinct. This time she was afraid…she was incapable of protecting herself. She tried to offer his life when she did not even have him bound…how foolish. She was right on the edge of not being removed from the training program. She needed…something…she flinched when she thought about her broken weapon…she felt hollow like it was a fake. She thought she had a Kami on her side…

As she left the private records section she moved to a more common area. She grunted a bit..."Oww..."...as she got down and settled into one of the chairs. She found out after her mission she had been kicked quite a few times…thankfully the monks showed up and managed to finish what she started. Thank goodness that guy enjoyed torture…she felt like she would be dead if not for that fact as well. She started to look through the book…only looking up periodically to see the occasional person moving around.

[Topic Started]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
While most people hung around in the upper floors of the library, Maru was in the basement level with the Fuguruma Yohi, a old lady who was born from the emotion of love letters it acts as a sort of a librarian for people like Maru. The rogue came to the library Youkai to simply get a spellbook to see if there was an effective way to control his aura of fear and also to see if there was any Youkai around that would fit him. He can turn people into youkai like a vampire, but Youkai follow him like he was a nurarihyon, but he looks more like a Oni. Prehaps since he was a Youkai sage he was considered all the Youkai wrapped up into one body, like a Youkai chimera of sorts but still he had to know exactly what category of monster would he put himself as. When the hag gave him the book he wanted he gave the artifact spirit a wink then thanked it, then walked to the shadows to head to the ground level….

….

An all black book with the Japanese character for fear began to shake then fall to the ground… the book opened to a page where the Fuguruma Yohi was and Maru's hands emerged from the book the rogue gripped both ends of the book then threw himself out of the book and with a elegant flip he landed next to the book he came out of. He really should actually do that one day with people around to pretend like he was a book character but he didn't want to ruin Fuguruma's home. Maru picked up the book then slid it back where it fell from then began to skip his way out of the folklore section with a red book tucked away in his armpit which had a pentagram would the character for fear in the center of the star, a pentagram has two meanings. Right side up it meant the five elements but when it's upside-down it resembled the head of the devil. Obvious Maru didn't care much for the meaning of it but he wanted to at least control his cursed abilities a bit more since he was spreading curses and accidentally summoning youkai to this world that he didn't want to summon.

As the rogue was about to make his way out he heard someone, a familiar person who sounded like they were in pain. Tracing the sound of the noise he found out that the noise came from non other than his holy friend Airi! Maru raised his hand then began walking to the young shinobi about to greet her but when he she seemed like she wasn't in the best of shape his face turned into a frown. He wasn't exactly good in medical ninjustu, nor did he know any medical techniques to ease the girls pain. “Uhhhh…. Shouldn't you be like resting instead of studying? Like I know people who train while injured but you kinda look like you're not having a good time.” He scratched his head, he didn't think that when she got to Gennin that she would go for the more dangerous missions. Especially since she seemed like the type to hate fighting but he guessed she had to try something, the rogue decided to hide the book he got from Fuguruma, there weren't many people around here so he could stick around for a bit before heading off to his home in the Spine of the World. “Soooooo, I guess they are giving you dangerous missions now. What branch did you go for?” He was curious.

[Entered Topic!]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi took the book and her small notebook and started to make notes. She needed to keep telling herself that it was just research. She did not need this...she just wanted to know options right? Kanagawa-san said to avoid corruption…whatever was going on with Airi now whatever her weird...abilities were...they seemed to not be from Kami...despite the nature. Okay avoid corruption...avoid corruption.

Abomination...Chimera...Dark Sage...Grandeur Phantom...Hachimon...Human Puppet...Jashinism...Jinchuriki... Kensei...Revenant...Archsage...bloodline eye technique...Rikudo…

Airi barely had time to do anything other than look at the names before she heard a voice nearby. As she looked up she closed her book quickly like she was reading something really inappropriate. As she looked over though she saw a familiar face. Her fear at first turned to a soft smile and she tilted her head. “Oh...hello Yamamoto-sama.” She felt like she had not seen him in a week or two and it was interesting considering it was still day outside.

Yamamoto mentioned that she looked like she should be resting. She lifted up her good hand and rubbed the back of head a little nervously. “Yes...yes I should. I barely managed to complete my most recent mission. It… really got to me.” As she held the book on her lap she turned the cover over.

He asked her what branch she got into and she smiled. “I managed to become a Genin! It honestly went a lot better than I thought it would. The confidence from the Spider in the forest really propelled me forward. I have so much more confidence now” She tried to give a really big smile. "She's Lying"

As she looked around though she thought Yamamoto was already really smart. “So what bring you here? Me, I am just studying since I can’t use my main arm right now.” She moved a bit to better look at him and flinched a little as the shifting of her arm hurt.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well that what was usually expected since she was fresh out of the academy, it seemed that it worked out enough that she was at least breathing besides she completed the mission so that was another thing. He looked down at the book that she was reading and he saw that Airi was studying the forbidden justu arts, Maru being on the wrong end of the road he studied kinjustu a lot as well and he even had a chance to use a few of them in his life time. His first one was human puppetry where he was obsessed with creating a perfect weapon, his second was a revenant which he got when he was Lord Dokuso of the white sand in that gambling den when he consumed some butlers heart, his arrival to kumogakure he learned about being a Kensei which was pretty fun to use since he was a wiz at using OMNI-FLASH, and now he was a Sage. Maru didn't really know if he would still be a sage years from now, though he did have his eye on getting dark sage to summon a army but he was satisfied with the Archsage arts for now. Not only natural energy was a good power source but it worked well with keeping him on his feet if he were to fall to a powerful shinobi… or a woman since he couldn't hit women.

Airi told her how fighting that spider Youkai gave her motivation to move forward and how now she had much more confidence. Maru smiled back wanting to pat her on the head but instead gave the young Kunoichi a thumbs up. “Well that's nice, that spider would've ended up eating someone if we hadn't sent it back home. Couldn't have done it without you.” He laughed but he actually meant that since using his Youkai abilities are starting to make him seem more like a Youkai than he wanted. Especially since turning into the form of the demon was starting to last a little longer but he figured that it was due to the moon being out in the day making his Youkai blood think that it's still night. When she asked about what brought him around here he showed the red book to the young kunoichi then shrugged. “Guess I'm here doing a little studying of my own, got this book from a nice demon lady that lives in one of these books. If you hold the book right side up you get a encyclopedia of all the Youkai from A-Z. But if you hold it upside down it'll give you a guide on Maleficium magic and teach you some weird demon type stuff.” He tucked the book back under his armpit. “Kinda like wanted to see if there's any other Youkai's like me and maybe learn some control on this Natural Energy since around where I live is starting to get infested with Youkai. Plus there's a few people I …. Maaaaaaay have accidentally turned into a Youkai, you know how people turn to mutants when they are exposed to radiation? It kinda how my chakra works every time I give someone my natural energy or even around some area where my natural energy is….” He explained, not wanting to bore her with the details besides she looked like she was in pain.

It was unfortunate that she had to end up getting hurt, he didn't really know what to do since he wasn't a medic and couldn't exactly heal her himself. The only medical technique he knew would involve punching her plus it kinda did a bit a damage to him since the technique was holy. He snapped his fingers then pulled out a couple of soldiers pills from his sleeves and offered the pills to his friend. “Here take these. They give you extra endurance without having to rest or recuperation for a little it'll help you with moving around a bit. If that don't work could use my masochism genjustu to make the pain feel good or delay your pain with another genjustu I know.” He wasn't sure if he would use his masochism genjustu but delay agony seems to be the best choice. The only problem I his genjustu was cursed and would probably end up turning her into…. Something so perhaps the pills would work. Speaking of curses…. “Oh did my Natural Energy disappear from you that night? Sorry to ask but I gotta make sure I didn't turn you into some were-cat-chick.”

[Ooc: Offering a Some Soldier Pills form his tool pouch!
https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=798&t=53659

Or

Get permission to use Masochism Genjustu (Actually a thing) or Delay Agony to help with pain.

Masochism link:
https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=542&t=10486#p88962

Delay Agony link:
https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=542&t=10478#p88854]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yamamoto mentioned that he could not have done it without her but thinking back on that Gate technique she imagined that he would be able to handle himself just fine against that spider. It’s greed and gluttony was what ended it that day…even Airi could feel the power difference between her and Yamamoto, shouldn’t it have also known the difference? Airi smiled to Yamamoto but even then there was a lingering doubt of her necessity.

Yamamoto himself was actually in here doing research himself. Airi looked a bit confused when he mentioned that there was a demon who lived in a book but in retrospect she imagined that really there were far weird things. In fact if he said a demon worked in the library she would still not be surprised. After he finished explaining it he put it away. Clear that it was more than likely not for her eyes. Yamamoto was apparently so powerful that he was afflicting things with his energy. She felt…well bad for him. He seemed like he wanted to leave a normal life and he was getting into trouble over his gifts. Airi had not even made a charm for him…it was supposed to help him. Did he think she had abandoned him? Most likely not since he approached her casually.

He offered her some solider pills…they were things she was studying so if nothing else she could at least use these in her search for knowledge. She worried about mixing her medicine though…she smiled and said, “Thank you Yamamoto-san” As she used her left hand to take them she did place them into her bag. She let out a small groan as she reached down and placed the bag onto her lap. He mentioned using a Genjutsu on her to make her feel better but she shook her head. “No thank you. I believe that pain is something we need to fill to learn from. If I just numbed myself to it, how could I ever relate to someone who goes through what I am now?”

She never did from pain that was something she always felt was normal. Experience was going to be what drove her forward. As she looked up she said, “No, no more cat issues.” She smiled reassuringly but as she thought about it she did feel a very different issue. “Yamamoto…san…” She looked a little downtrodden and…nervously she decided to open up to him.

“I…uhh…think I am not divine…I think I have really been alone this whole time…” She clenched her right hand in her sling and she felt pain but bore through it. “My holiness is fake…” She felt herself hunting for answers she did not have…she was too weak herself…she heard the works again in her mind. “Might I not also include a poor grasp of strategy to that list? And since we've established that you're clearly not fit to be a Genin” She felt sick to her stomach again…

“I don’t know if I’ll really be able to help you like I wanted to…I want to so bad but…Kanagawa-san…her powers were so similar but from somewhere so much different…” She felt so fake…so un-natural. She shivered slightly and used her left hand to hold onto where the blade had went into her shoulder. The training was only getting harder…the Anbu courses were extreme. “As I am now…I am uncertain if I can do it…I’ll die first and my effort will have meant nothing. I still so small and weak…I thought…maybe with divine intervention I could do it…” She felt like she had some tears welling up into her eyes and she could not even look at Yamamoto. “I’m too small…too weak…to accomplish what I want to accomplish…” She felt herself started to sob a bit and she pounded her left hand onto the table. “I’m sorry…Yamamoto-san…I’m sorry…I’m so useless…”

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“You're welcome.” He said, though the offer to null the pain was turned down she at least took the pills that he gave her. Maru wasn't really sure if she would actually use them but if it kept him standing when he is on his last leg than they could at least help her out a bit. Pain and defeat was a pretty good teacher since it showed that you aren't as strong as you believe you maybe. If you always did good you wouldn't know what you needed to work on so it's more than likely you will stick with the same strategy instead of trying to do better. When he assured him that she wasn't turning into a cat chick and that she wasn't having problems with his natural energy still not fading he wiped his forehead. “Phew that's great to hear.” he didn't want to have more Youkai children running around since his home was starting to get a little crowded with all the creatures he's housing, he honestly might as well become a monster rancher rather than a monster hunter but the monsters that he had living with him weren't bad…. Well not bad enough to go out and roast people on fires at least.

His thoughts were interrupted when Airi called out to him. “Hmn?” he answered, though she was all smiles a minute ago the young Kunoichi already started to doubt herself as she opened up to him. The rogue sat on the edge of the table then took in what she was telling him, he didn't know how someone's holiness could be fake. He's seen her holy chakra himself however before he could go on she kept on, telling him how she wouldn't be able to help him like she wanted, about how she met some named Kanagawa who has similar abilities as her but her abilities come from a different place. He had an odd feeling that he knew that– “Oh Nozomi Holy? Weird she never showed any holiness before and I'm her partner. Weird.” He just thought that she some regular chick, perhaps she got her new abilities from a being of higher power. Though his attempt at humor was shut down when the girl called herself too small and weak to be able to help him. Apparently the whole thing about the fighting that spider thing was just something she said to make Maru not worry about her but now she seemed to show her true feelings that she felt useless.

The rouge after hearing what she was actually feeling reached down to grab the sobbing child's cheek then gave her a cheek a tug to at least distract her from how she was feeling. “Cut out the crying, I already told you that the life of a shinobi I rough and to not let it break you.” He said before letting girls cheek go, then sighed to himself. “Look you don't have to apologize, you aren't as useless as you may think you are. If you want proof… watch this….” Maru's eyes flashed a bright red attempting to hammer into Airi's mind with a genjustu known famously as The Gaze Of the Reaper where Maru now attempted paralyzed the girl with fear by making her come face to face with death itself. The shinigami smile with it's yellow snaggletooth mouth, it's pale face and evil eyes looking the girl through however despite being faced with death she didn't feel any fear from it… even with Maru's demonic aura she might've felt uneasy but the actual fear was numb making the shinigami vanish. If her fearless ability worked like he thought it did, she shouldn't be frozen with dread. “That was an A Rank Visual Genjustu called Gaze Of The Reaper. It's supposed to freeze people with fear when they see it's face but you seem immune to it and I'm a high ranking shinobi. This technique can cause a Uchiha to deactivate their sharingan and a skill genjustu user to loose focus. S Rank shinobi at that, and you were able to resist it… right?” He hoped that his trick worked and that she was able to be immune to his genjustu since any fearless ability would cancel it.. Since he mostly relied on fear and intimidation to make himself bigger than his opponent, he simply needed to show her that even some of his justu can be cancelled by her abilities. “Would a useless person be able to resist a an A Rank Genjustu?”

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi felt Yamamoto place his hand on her cheek and she looked up at him with small tears in her eyes. The he pulled on her cheek and flailed her left hand. “Oww!” She pouted at him and rubbed her cheek. It certainly did pull her back to reality but did he have to do something that hurt so much…? Maybe it hurt more do to her other injuries. Either way she was a little miffed.

He nipped at her...he had warned her that the shinobi life was not going to be easy. He told her she needed to be strong and to not break. She was only three months into it and she was already blubbering after one mission did not go her way...she knew there was more going on but he had warned her.

Yamamoto then said that he would prove to her that she was not useless. Suddenly Maru’s eyes shone a bright red and for a second she wondered if he was an Uchiha...though these looked very different. Airi suddenly caught an image behind Maru...a wicked smile and pale face...the dark eyes beckoning her to join him. She felt no desire to go there and upon resisting she felt a pull on her...it lasted only a moment and then she felt nothing...it was death...calling to her. Airi just shook her head slowly back and forth. It seemed angry at her and when it reached out to her...it vanished.

She blinked a few times and Yamamoto slowly came back into her focus. He looked to her and mentioned that right there was a high ranking Genjutsu that she just brushed off with ease. She had to admit...she almost thought he was playing her. Though she did feel the sensation of being put into a Genjutsu...was it really that strong of a technique?

Airi could only only shake her head no. Yamamoto had no reason to lie to her. She shifted a little and said, “No I think you are right...not useless. I just need to figure myself out and see where I can best be used…” She thought that was what she needed but she really could not be sure. There was no specific spot for her she could just slide in. “I’ll have to carve my own way though...not terribly easy.” She let out a bit of a nervous chuckle and rubbed her hand hand along the book.

She looked up at him and with a bit of worry said, “How...have you managed so long? How do you know what you are doing? I’ve heard about your love life but I am curious about you as a professional shinobi as well?”

Most people would keep to themselves but she felt like Yamamoto would have some knowledge to give her. At the very least getting to know him better would allow her to work better with him.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The cheek pulling at least got her to stop crying, he at least showed her that at least that she was by no means useless since she was able brush off his genjustu, most people don't train themselves to be fearless because it makes people reckless however techniques like his that utilizes fear could end up being the ruin to a person's strategy. Though Maru could at the very least make the young kunoichi weak against his demonic aura, he still wouldn't be able to use that technique against her since he had nothing that he could do to make her afraid to die which is what the Gaze Of The Reaper did. The aura used intimidation of the unknown but the genjustu used the fear of death, Maru was simply trying to show her that if she could resist a genjustu that messed over a few S Ranks at her Rank then how could she be weak? “See, now I used that on a good many people. Most of them are on the same level as me in terms of power. You aren't weak or small you just have to learn how bring what you already have out to the surface while always preparing for the worst case scenarios.” He explained. “Nothing some good ol’ fashion training can't fix. Look at it like having a instrument, you have it but if you ain't practicing with it you won't be able to use it right.”

It wasn't like he could go in and out of sagemode like a pro. His first exposure to natural energy was because of Umashi where he accidentally took in a bit too much for natural energy and ended up becoming a Kappa for 3 months! He was stuck in the body of a humanoid turtle until he was able to transform back which ultimately lead him to take up the sage arts and now thanks to the good Youkai he was a Youkai sage now! Now that she was fine or seemed fine Airi asked Maru how has he managed. The rouge scratched his head then answered. “I guess it's my determination. I'm always driving forward seeking out new abilities that would push me above and beyond. I guess for me is my drive to always improve myself so I can protect myself and so I can help out my friends if they need it.” He explained. “Like I've done a lot of changes, used a lot of the forbidden arts too but I guess that's the only reason why I've managed.”

Now for the second question he had to think of a good way to answer that. “How do I know what I'm doing is… I guess know where my talents are then see where would I be useful. Like I told you before I work at the monster hunting guide but also I do some work for the Merces as well since most of my abilities are to cause pain, misfortune, hurt, and all. So I guess being a hunter of the supernatural and non supernatural works fine for me.” He explained, though Maru was curious about what Airi actually wanted, he thought she was the type to stay away from fighting but apparently she was doing something that involved combat. “So… like how did you wanted to help me again? I'm not sure if being strong is needed for a fanclub and to be a friend.” He tilted his head, perhaps she was trying to get strong enough to lessen his auras effects on people but he wasn't sure if fighting things would even accomplish that. He hated that the village needed children bearly out of the academy as soldiers, it just seemed weird since children shouldn't actually be thinking about being a shinobi. None of his Youkai children ever thought about protecting their country but perhaps that's because they aren't from this world nor have any real reason to fight.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Look at it like having a instrument, you have it but if you ain't practicing with it you won't be able to use it right.”

Yamamoto really did believe in her potential. He even tried to prove it, not everyone could see through the gaze of death…even people accustomed to death. He mentioned even people as strong as or stronger than him would have trouble looking through that. While it took Airi’s willpower…she needed to thank Byakko-san for training her enough to get through this problem. Airi was a reckless girl and she fought with everything she had every time. If she gave up on giving mercy, that was her real hesitation. She dealt with morality quandaries instead of debate whether or not she would run in to accomplish something. Different source but the same problem. She just needed to remind herself not to hesitate when it came to people who did bad things.

Airi never saw the failure or struggle of others developing. She had been so focused sloshing about things by herself…of course others struggled…maybe she was special in her self-pity parties…

Yamamoto mentioned that the thing that really pull him through everything is his determination. Airi looked at him as he recounted a bit…even through his loss…despite it kept pressing forward. Airi knew that he was kind soul…seeking love and happiness. Sure he had a dark side…all shinobi did and she was not talking about his Yokai abilities. He still came in and comforted an injured girl. He wanted to protect his friends…Airi had mentioned they were friends. To him this aligned with what he wanted to do…Airi needed to appreciate and listen to him…if nothing else even if he said something that were off. He was the only person who was really checking on her and pushing her. He was the closest thing to a mentor she had and even if it was not official…he was doing a great job.

Airi had to wipe more tears from her face, careful to watch for pinches…these were not sad tears but still emotional ones nonetheless. Yamamoto mentioned that due to his powers to be efficient he would have to cause harm and misfortune. Hence he decided to become a monster slayer. She often wondered…he mentioned he tried to become holy…did he really desire to heal and help people over what he did now? Maybe she should become an amazing healer just for his sake.

He asked her what she really wanted and he wondered why she was so sorry to him. After all he mentioned that she wanted to be a head fan and be his friend…why did she need to be strong. As she looked to him, still with a few tears in her eyes she smiled…perhaps a sad smile. “I want to be strong enough to protect you…” She wiped them away so more and she tried to clear her throat. “Not everyone will accept…if they find out. I need to be there, as you friend and fan to keep people who would harm you and if I cannot even stall someone for a minute…what good would I be?” Airi saw her position moving upwards to a body guard. While she felt like he did not need her to do it…it was what she wanted.

“Everyone…starting with you…I want to protect everyone. I want to heal them…keep them safe…allow them to grow. I want to stop those who would be against that. So I’m starting small…and when I am good at keep you safe from ignorant people, maybe then I can change them. Then slowly change everyone to be accepting.” She chuckled a little…so lofty stupid kids dream…

“It’s silly, I know but with a goal like that, at least mentally, I know I can’t ever deviate from a path I can be satisfied with.” It was a really open goal open to a lot of interpretation. She could be a very bad person in the eyes of the law if she ended up protecting someone bad…but for her…if she believed in that person…at least she could die with regrets.

She smiled and said, “So I’ll learn some forbidden things to…and then push myself really hard. So one day you can rest easy at day knowing someone from the light will keep you safe from any harmful rays they try to put through.” She nodded in affirmation and set the book down on the table. She pushed her seat out and wincing a bit she got to a standing. She let out a soft huff and the held up her left hand with her pinky extended. “I’ll try really hard…to cling and grasp at this…and not let myself falter like I did just now. To this I swear onto you my smile from the shadows.”

If she swore it…it was up to her to maintain it. This would be her first promise and Yamamoto was a demon. She chuckled and joked, “I was always told never make a deal with a demon…but I think for this. I want to consider it binding.”

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Though the girl was once again brought to tears, he didn't feel the need to pull her cheek to calm her. He could tell the difference between emotional tears and sad tears. Maru believed in her potential because he knew of a academy student who lead people three times his rank with his sheer charisma, had a student who fought in two wars and lived to tell the tale, and him being back to the rank of a chunin within this village after he had to leave Konoha. If a mere child could lead S Rank shinobi then he believed that Airi could accomplish anything, she just needed to believe in what she was capable of accomplishing. In a way he felt as if he had to keep supporting the young kunoichi to at the very least keep her from that dark road that would lead her into isolation, where you feel that everyone seems to be against you and that everyone was your enemy. He would've gone that path too if he didn't have people around him that needed him, before his weapon could actually talk to him his main support came from his meetings with his favorite student Maikeru in Tea Country and Kaori when she wanted him to act normal which he mastered with ease!

Maru didn't really know what to think when she told him that she wanted to be strong to protect him, though it wasn't something he asked for it was something that she wanted. Though he didn't need her as a soldier there was the fact that he would do the same for her, the rogue couldn't help but smile at the young kunoichi wanting to protect him from people who didn't understand. He's has been secretly having problems with the exorcist since the youkai's that follow him keep growing in number, the aura of dread starting to cause rumors that they were planning a attack hence why he hid them somewhere where they would never find them and they won't go running around here unless he took them for a walk. While he wasn't really trying to change the mindset of what Youkai are to people, there was no harm in at least trying. “Hey it only sounds silly but it isn't impossible. I'm sure you'll be able to convince a few people that I'm not all bad.”

He was touched that she wanted to protect him from the people who are too light that they look down upon those dwell in the dark, it was a perfect balance. He was keeping the dark in the kunoichi life at bay by lifting her up while she's down and she shades him from the harmful light. Though it seems like a bit much for a child to take on, if that's what she wanted then there was no need in getting in her way. 'Hm?' Maru looked concerned when Airi set her book down then began to stand up and Maru set his book down then got on his feet ready to help her since she was injured. But as Maru was about to allow the girl to use him as a crutch she lifted up her hand with her pinkie extended. The rouge smirked then held up his right hand with his pinkie extended then made a swear of his own. “Well then if you are ever feeling down or too small… then it's my job to pick you back up and help you down this path you choose for yourself… as Youkai leader this I swear to you my little kitten.” He chuckled then clug onto her extended pinkie with his and proceeded to shake, when she mention about how people told her not to make a deal with a demon and he laughed. “Well I didn't ask for your soul, I'll hold up my end of the deal but you gotta try to hold up yours. I'm counting on ya.” he said, then gave her an encouraging victory hand sign

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi had nodded when he mentioned that it would not be impossible for her to at least convince a few people he was good. She also hoped he meant that she could protect a great many people. Those were her true goals, start small though, and protect those who you really care about. Airi thought about those she really wanted to keep safe…Momtaro…Setsu…Rinko…Yamamoto. By helping Yamamoto she was also helping Rinko. Those four were her network…she would do anything for them.

She noticed he got up when she did…he really was ready to help her…she could not help but smile. No one helped you around in the Anbu…and no one had helped her when she was struggling in the academy…she really did need to make sure Maru was safe. While it was really childish that she was using her pinky to swear with him…Yamamoto did not even hesitate. It really surprised her enough that she even looked shocked before smiling even more.

As Yokai leader he swore to help her when she was down…he mentioned he would help her when she needed and really that all she could ask. She was almost made at herself at how even more tears started to form. He called her his little kitten but even that was drowned out by how overjoyed she was. She finally had a security blanket…someone who she call fall on when she struggled. This only pushed her resolve forward. Wiping her face into her shoulder…now that she had someone…she would make a double effort to not need to rely on them, at least in a healthy way. She could talk and stuff but now that she knew her burdens would be bore by another it inspired her to work even harder.

The victory sign was cute…Yamamoto felt like a big child to her and…well it helped. If she could she would like to never grow old like him. While she had only gotten cursory information she looked back at the book. “Yama…” She paused…friend’s right? She cleared her through a bit and said, “Maru…san…I think I would like to enjoy some Ice cream considering the cafeteria food tastes…well healthy…would you care to join me if you had a little bit of free time?”

Forbidden techniques could wait…at least for her. Plus the librarian would not allow her to take a book like that out. She would need to be Chunin or maybe even Jounin to take this book out. Really…she also guessed if she wanted to know more…Maru-san would help her. As she let go of his finger she brushed her hand through her hair. “I will just need to return this…once I am healed I can resume active fangirling.” She giggled a little back in high spirits. It was worth the almost two years she had been here to make a friend like Maru-san. She felt like her heart got a bunch of band aids.

As she picked up the book with her one good hand she sighed and wondered what she would do…would she take up Byakko-san? She still did not want to do anything that removed her chance to have children and normal life. She could already feel his disapproving gaze. “How goes your and Kawaii’s work on the modeling? Any advancements yet?”

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Airi once again being brought to tears when he promised to help pick her up when she was down, Maru honestly would've done it without actually having to promise. All she really needed was confidence, he didn't know if she had any other friends that were supporting her since the first time he met with the young kunoichi she didn't believe that she was fit to be a shinobi. Perhaps she was more open about her insecurities to him since he lacked confidence in a different way than she did. If she had at least one person that believe she could accomplish anything, he believed it would be enough to push her forward. After all it's the least he could do for someone wanting to help him, Airi was a selfless person however if she was holding the world on her shoulders then it's only fair that he supported her.

The rouge poked the young kunoichi's forehead. “Hey, what's with the water works? If you don't knock it off I'm gonna pinch those cheeks.” He teased, the rogue feeling an obligation to work on himself too. If she was willing to put herself in danger for him then he would have to be able to put himself on the frontlines too so she wouldn't have to get hurt because of him. He didn't want to be a burden, so maybe learning more justu and how to better use his gifts since some of his attacks were a bit too strong. Too strong as in they can backfire like the curse of the leaper that could spread to him if he isn't careful. He looked at the young Kunoichi a bit surprised, he was pretty much used to her calling him Yamamoto that her actually calling him Maru threw him off guard. She proceeded to ask him if he would join her for some ice cream and the rouge smirked. “Sure thing, I could use a little ice cream. But I'm buying.” He offered. She was injured so it seemed a bit strange for a injured girl to buy him ice cream, seemed very ungentleman of him regardless of her being the one who offered first.

He looked over at his book that he picked up from the Fuguruma, then pulled out his mask a bit to slide the book underneath his mask and the book actually went down as though the mask was like a bottomless pit. Maru stored a lot of things within his mask, it was like another pocket for him hence why he always wore one that he makes. He didn't think he would have to return the book since he got it from… a different library of sorts… He chuckled at the comment about once she gets healed that she would resume fangirling, though when she asked about if he had any achievements on the getting a modeling gig the rogue shrugged. “Yeah, met some guy when I was going to the movies who said he'll help me out. Apparently there are a lot of people into the whole horns thing but yanno no guarantees.” the guy that he met at the theater seemed interested and would talk to people for him which was all he could ask for. Besides that encounter, it had mostly been monster hunting and taking care of the Youkai that lived with him now. Needless to say his home is looking a little crowded with the little weirdos.

Maru looked at the book in her good hand, studying it for a good moment then nodding to himself. “If you want, I could check the book out for you.” He offered. “Besides the librarian should let me since I gave this library a ton of jewelry after I fell in through the roof when some critters tossed me and some guy from the hot springs.” The first time he came to the library was when he was tossed into the air by some weird monsters after him and a Gennin decided to go on a pantie raiding adventure. The damn guy he took was loud, almost got him caught until he Shapeshifted into Kawaii so he could fool the women that came in to investigate. Long story short, the Gennin summoned monsters that took the blame making it look like a poor guy and a poor blondie was tossed in the air by clothes stealing monsters. He ended up crashing through the library’s roof in his true body with nothing on but pink panties… And just his luck there was a Anbu woman and a little girl there who saw him so he ended up paying the library off then paying the little girls family off so he didn't go to jail for indecent exposure in front of a minor even though it wasn't his fault! The things that Maru gets into….

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi felt the poke of his finger on her forehead and she covered it in a small attempt to protect it. A large pout coming onto her face as Maru-san asked if she wanted another pinch of her cheek. She shook her head no…one was enough. Besides she was just happy…hearing someone support her was so different. It was different than someone her age either, Maru-san knew the world and what it would throw at her…him believing in her meant so much.

She had been happy that he wanted to go get some ice cream and then he said he was going to pay for it. She looked at him and opened her mouth…then closed it. She held her finger up and then just squinted and said, “One day Maru-san…one day…” She knew he wanted to be nice, it was just very difficult…either that or she would just need to do more good deeds to make up for it. “This time though…” She gave a coy smile, “I’ll just have to pass on the good deed to another.” Usually when she was given something nice for free she made a note to pass forward something…keep the good and the happy moving along. That was how she wanted to make the world go round.

She watched as he took the book and shoved it into his mask…instead of doing what it should have done…it vanished. She looked perplexed for a moment once again opening her mouth and then closed it…looking even more perplexed. “I…need to learn that.” She could already feel the infinite amount of uses it could have. She was actually even a bit jealous. What woman could do with a purse that did that…she could only imagine the possibilities?

She managed to pick up her purse and move it over her left should and then grabbed the book itself. It was such a pain to do everything left handed. She could not wait till the healing period was over. She just hoped she could take up a blade again. Medical jutsu was bizarre in that it could save lives who were un-savable otherwise but sometimes for small stuff like this…well it just sometimes was not enough. “That’s good to hear at least. I am rooting for you.”

Maru-san offered to rent it out for her but she shook her head. “As much as I appreciate it…I’m not in that big of a rush to make a decision like this.” Airi walked with Maru-san over to the where the book drop off location was. While she could put it back where she found it…she just figured why not use the system? “That sounds like an engaging story that would sound great over a hotfudge sundae.” Airi bumped up ice cream to sundae now that she knew she was being treated. This was completely out of character for her but she felt like teasing Maru-san. “I do not have any really fun stories to share…except my first and only date…though I could also tell you what happened to my arm and…face…and well everything. Up to you!”

She figured he would be more interested in the first date but if he was concerned he might inquire about her mission. Not all the details could be given but at the very least she could give him the run down.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction to his counter offer to pay for the ice cream for her, while it was sweet of her to want to pay for him he believed it was a bit better that he should pay for it. “Maybe next time when you're healed you can treat me to something, consider this time as my reward for you coming back from your mission alive.” He assured the young kunoichi, he knew that she only wanted to do something good for him but he needed to at least do something good for her since the poor girl had so many people that she wanted to help. She kinda reminded him of his past life in Konoha however he was slightly different, he was a pretty bad kid who wanted the approval of his sensei and unfortunately he never got so much as a good job from his teacher. Not even when he made the rank of Anbu, he didn't even congratulate him. Though he wasn't a good, those talks helped with quelling his rage but he guessed that maybe he kinda seemed like a lost cause since he seemed to never had changed his ways…… He couldn't remember much of his past but that was one thing he could actually remember.

When he saw the look on her face when he placed the book inside of his mask, he placed his index finger on his mask. “Another reason why I always wear a mask, it's like a lightweight backpack only with a lot more space.” He announced proudly. While his Mask was mostly for fashion along with hiding his face so no one would see his face the rogue also used it to store a lot of his items so he didn't have to wear those bulky Ninja pouches. He designed his mask similar to the idea of a magicians hat, a few seals to make it easy for storage then POOF! The mask can hold stuff. It also functions as a headset so if he was ever in trouble his squadmate would know, hence why wearing a mask for him was a must. He stood patiently to wait for Airi to gather her things so they head out, assuring the rouge that she didn't want to take the book home Maru nodded then let her drop the book off to where the book drop off was.

Maru leading the young kunoichi to the door, he chuckled at the sudden bump up from ice cream to hotfudge sundae. “Heh.. Gonna have me spoil you huh? Well I guess I can afford it so get whatever you want, I'll tell you all about my totally normal encounters.” he smiled, thinking on the word normal she might not find his stories normal but they were normal enough for him. He wanted to know about what happened to her sure, but he felt like he should probably ask what exactly was the assignment they had her on later, perhaps talking about this date she had would take her mind off of that mission at least for a moment. He'll probably wait till they get the sundaes to ask her about the mission since he'll be sharing some of his tales, not to mention sweets are known to make people happier. “A date, now that's something I wanna hear about. How did that work out for you? Was he nice? Does he chew loud? Tell me all about it.” Maru said , once reaching the door he opened it for her as he lead her out of the building. “Then maybe when we get that sundae you can tell me about what happened to you. Alright?”

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maru-san mentioned that she should really consider this his treat for her coming back alive. She gave him a look of worry but smiled a softer smile. She was quite happy he would care if she did not make it back…but it bothered her that she had been so careless when she had people who would be upset if she passed. On missions…she could not just hand out mercy. Especially not to people who were doing bad things to good people. Determining if they are bad was not up to her either. Cloud village had told her to eliminate the bandits…she should have just eliminated the bandits. It was very simple…she was the one who made it complicated and it almost cost her everything.

Maru proceeded to lead the Kunochi to the door. He really was being like a caretaker right now. While it made her feel a little uncomfortable, she also knew that if she told him to stop he would get like she did where she had no idea how to help anyone. It was maddening to not be able to do anything or give back to someone. As such she could only smile a small smile and say, “Thank you Maru-san” He mentioned that he supposed he was okay with spoiling her and she looked and her eyes gave a small sparkle. “Re-really!? I was only teasing. No take backs!” Her eyes revealed a genuine happiness as she pondered what she would really do with her choice of what to get. She really wasn’t that big of a fan of sundaes since she could never finish them but she had a different idea. In essence she would do something smaller but still a bit more than she normally would herself.

As he mentioned he would tell her about his totally normal adventures Airi was not one to fall for something like that. Maru-san was anything but average so while they might be average for him, they would probably be decent stories she could repurpose to tell her kids someday as lessons or something for fun. She planned to pay a great deal of attention to his stories.

Maru-san did seem interested in her date. He even asked her a few questions. “Well he was sweet and really nervous just like I was so that helped. It was for the Eros event that went on T.V. I am unsure if you heard about it or not. We were followed by a camera crew and they did sort of push us but for the most part we were left to our own devices. He brought me to a pet Café to pet animals and eat which was fun and then we went and saw a movie and that about it. He had some weird ability that allowed him to influence the emotions of others so the movie was really interesting to watch. Oh and no he did not chew loudly! I think we ended the date as friends though, I have not seen him since I graduated but I do know he became a Genin…” She looked a little bit sad thinking about how ever since she turned Genin she really only met with Maru-san and the occasional new person. She also ran into the homeless guy and that music guy…

She figured she could ask Maru-san as they finally started moving out of the Library. “I started taking on as many missions as I could so I stopped seeing people but now that I am injured I have obviously a lot of free time but am scared to see them if I look like this…Do you have any advice?” She was nervous…and indecisive about this. She figured he would tell her to of course go see them. She would listen to his advice as he and her both went out to get ice cream.

[Topic Left]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well he guess there was no taking back his offer now, honestly he didn't mind it since Maru had to constantly buy sweets for Jeez since the thing bugged him for sweets all the time so he might pick up something for her too that's if she doesn't smell ice cream on him and end up summoning herself since she was starting to have a bad habit of summoning herself now. Besides the fact that he always pay a little too much since he wasn't too good at math, he was pretty ignorant when it came to yen but nonetheless he had the money so why not use it? Seeing the skeptical look on her face about him with his normal adventures clearly she wasn't convinced that his tales would be anything but normal. “Hey what's with that look, I promise you they will be one hundred percent normal. They could happen to anyone.” He chuckled, knowing that the promise about his stories being normal probably wouldn't be kept but they were normal to him so he wouldn't be lying.

Heading out, Maru placed his hands in the sleeve of his kimono so he could listen to how her date went. Apparently the date that she had was with some guy from Eros Show, he knew heard of Airi before since Maru was on the same show though he didn't watch since he was mostly interested in how he looked on T.V and how Kawaii looked since he signed her up for her own date. Apparently this guy had a some ability to make people feel what he's feeling, Maru wished he had a ability like that since all he could make a large amount of people feel was fear and cursed them. “Glad to hear, I better meet him one day so I can interrogate him a bit before I decide to marry you off.” He teased, maybe he should see if that show had reruns of that episode so he could see what the guy looked like. Find out he's a good match. Marry her off. Then steal the wedding cake then dunk it on any mean looking girl that he liked. It was a secret tradition for him to throw the cake over the head of a female that he liked in the wedding, perhaps he could get Nozomi to come so he could toss the cake at her.

As they left the library, she asked him for advice since. She apparently was keeping herself busy so she wasn't able to hang around with her own friends but now that she has the free time Airi wasn't sure if she would see them in her condition. Maru already knew that just him supporting her wouldn't be enough, she would need to have other people as well. “I think it'll help you if you went to see them, most likely they might be worried about you and you can help ease that worry by at least showing that's you're alright.” He explained. “Besides you need their support too, if I found you then it's more than likely they will stroll by and see you too. Can't hide forever.” and with that they headed off to see where the best ice cream places were.

[Left Topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back