Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Demon Dreams: Chapter 1 - Blood Soaked Sands (private)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When the switch between Sukino and Kahako did'nt seem as shocking as did the torrent of words laced with anger and frustration. Both identities in the room listening to the girl paused in movement, their eyes locked on her. Like glowing orbs of heat. Even the human side had this air about him now. The room felt heavy, like all the air sudden left and time felt stilled in the flurry of words that was absorbed. The human lowered his raven locks when tilting his head away to avoid her gaze. the words became suffocating to him. They say the truth is what hurts the most, and Satou would agree whole heartily.

The room to him was but a box within his mind, a place where he sat and recollect. This place was his own personal hell, for what memories he has. Littered along these walls, the human looked up at it all while listening to Kahako slowly his gaze came back to her. His soft brown eyes turning to a deeper gray when her lips uttered something he wish he was deaf to.

“‘Satou, you should have let me die.’”

What words cut both him and the demon, so great that the room, shook ever so slightly. Satou who sat beside her, was no longer there. He was off the couch. Standing and paced out the room, not a word. Not a single solitary movement showed emotion but the urge to leave.

The child demon who stood staring in awestruck as he let Satou pass by him. The man stopped at the doorway, in a violent outburst heat radiated through the room as Satou's fist smashed into the door frame. the wall shattered, and the room of tapes was once more whole. Light creeping through the cracks. Vanishing down the hallways. The sound of his heavy titan fist hitting the walls, smashing and breaking.

The walls around the room began to crack, shake and tremble from the force outside. The tapes shattering and chipping away. The demon boy sat beside the girl now, his face not contorted in anger, but a sense of regret.

"It is not the lack of faith in humanity. It is the acknowledgment that humans and all living creatures will make heinous mistakes, mistakes that he has made, that he will continue to make because he is human and relies on humans to give him safety of mind and body. I as well will continue to mistaken my needs of him, my needs for you. My need to be about humans. I accept this flawed vessel and my own actions sometimes are muddled in stupidity. Yet what sins are too bloody?" The boy took his attention from her and looked about the room that was beginning to look more shambled and cluttered with broken tapes. But nothing was coming out of the tapes.

"He needed to find his semblance of mortality, even though every time he has tried to love someone. They grew old and died in his arms. He had wives in his life, married and loved. Tried to make family but never could give any women a child. He could never become a father. Nor could he ever keep those he's loved. So I started collecting them, through better and worse. He has seen death and destruction for over a thousand years and has loved and lost for over a thousand years." The boy paced towards the doorway of the room.

"All of it he wants to keep, even if it hurts him. He seems determined to try again, so if he is willing to trust in you. To share his pain with you and hope for a better tomorrow, then I guess i'll share my strength with him. My powers are his as are his memories of using them. Slowly he'll become something this village will fear over time. As all mortals will look upon him and only feel the hesitation to strike at him. But you, you will be the one to tell him the truths, to hopefully shed light on his mistakes and my own." The boy smiled and laughed genuine and childish. "I do hope you humans prove me wrong, I was getting tired of holding onto these." The boy took a tape off the wall and dropped it onto the ground as it shattered into tiny pieces.

He himself vanished and Kahako/Sukino was left alone for a few minutes. The sound of Satou's fits hitting the walls, tapes falling about and crashing shattering and turning into a blackened dust. It was the walls crumbling down that she could see the vastness of the library of memories columns and towers of tapes shattering as the room fell away blotting out what light there was till she was encased in darkness.

But as it all fell it was turning and changing, evaporating into a blackened aura that flowed and channeled to one. Satou, who busted through the wall. His hands taring everything apart as it all flowed back to him. Collecting every speck of what appeared to be his mind. Everything crumbling around him to come back to him till there was no room, no towers above her. No mental place but a void of light where Kahako sat on a couch and her friend, companion, Satou stood before her.

He looked, normal. Except for what he wore. His hair long and unkempt to the point dirt had clumped through it. His skin was more colored and full of health and youthfulness. His dark chocolate brown eyes had a simple warm glow to them, not a smoldering heat of the demon. His cloths was once a nice suit was tattered and torn, like he wore it too many times to the party that never ended and it was sown and stitched together too many times that that patches of the fabric were off colored to the rest. He was himself, before her now. The person who had lost and gained so much over years.

Approaching her, he seemed tentative at first. But sat with her, listened to her. "Sukino, no matter how many times I wish to apologize. No matter how much I hate myself, you have always hated the pain i've given myself more. You've always been too kind to me, and I thank you for that. I thank you for giving me your love and keeping me together for those years we've spent together. Even though it pains me, I know it is only right to let go and give you the piece of mind that I'm alright. To set you free from this place and my past regrets." He gently pulled her into him roughly wrapping his arms around the girl.

"I won't forget the pain, but I will not forget the joys of life as well. I have to remember the joy of it as well as the sorrow. I need to remember everything so I don't lose myself to it. And I will always need to hear your words of truths Kahako-chan. Don't ever be afraid to let me know how you feel or what is on your mind. I'll need you to help me through these years to come." He stood before her now, his hand outstretched.

"I think its time I awaken from these dreams. Shall we?" His appearance completely different from the broken man of before, more confident in his posture and his outlook seemed more brighter then before.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She had continued to speak, even as he walked to the door her words did not falter. She was tempted to even follow him through the door if it would knock some sense into the man, but her thoughts were immediately silenced when he punched the door frame so hard cracks split through the entirety of the white room.

Suddenly she was back in the room of video tapes, the demon speaking to her with regret in his tone. As the world shattered around them, the demon admitted to her that it was the continuous mistakes that Satou made that made him weary of her kind. "He needed to find his semblance of mortality, even though every time he has tried to love someone. They grew old and died in his arms. He had wives in his life, married and loved. Tried to make family but never could give any women a child. He could never become a father. Nor could he ever keep those he's loved. So I started collecting them, through better and worse. He has seen death and destruction for over a thousand years and has loved and lost for over a thousand years."

“And he will probably continue to love and lose for a thousand years more.” She admitted to the demon as he walked away. “Long after our contract is done, long after I am gone. It is why humans were never meant to live for forever. That’s why for his sake and his sanity, he and you must strive to become something more than demon and human.”

"All of it he wants to keep, even if it hurts him.” Kahako nodded in understanding. “He seems determined to try again, so if he is willing to trust in you. To share his pain with you and hope for a better tomorrow, then I guess i'll share my strength with him. My powers are his as are his memories of using them. Slowly he'll become something this village will fear over time. As all mortals will look upon him and only feel the hesitation to strike at him. But you, you will be the one to tell him the truths, to hopefully shed light on his mistakes and my own." At this, the demon laugh. "I do hope you humans prove me wrong, I was getting tired of holding onto these."

And with that, he vanished, leaving Kahako with the shaking and shattering world. A small feeling of worry filled her, coming from Sukino. “Don’t worry,” Kahako said out loud as she closed her eyes, listening to the resounding crashes verberate through the walls. “The sound of a breakthrough is a marvelous one.” And then he burst through. Dirty, Muddied. He soaked everything up, accepting every part of him and everything he ever did.

Sukino felt as tentative as Satou looked, worried for the man that now was. He never told her about his past wives. Who was he to them? But she listened to his apology to her, just as Kahako listened to his promise. Even before Kahako lifted her hand, the spirit stretched her palm out to take Satou’s. They would never connect, nor would Satou even feel a breeze as her palm paused and his, but the smile she gave him was all she needed to say.

At seeing the display, Kahako smiled and closed her eyes in contempt as she grabbed onto his hand. “Ah, there’s the Satou who raised me.” She murmured as he pulled her from the cushions. As she begun to feel the pull of waking up, she smiled to him. This wasn’t the end of his recovery, it was the catalyst. There would be much more suffering for Satou, but she would be there, either with a gentle hand or a harsh word. She would not leave him until her very last breath. Hopefully by then he would be ready to move on. “I’m ready to wake up.” she said before throwing herself at him in an all consuming hug at the last moment. “I’m glad you are too.” she whispered squeezing harder.

____
It took Kahako a moment to fully comprehend reality again, but the moment she did, she realized something was very wrong. Her body flew into panic, but it wasn’t her’s. ‘The dream! The dream!’ came a scream through her head, confirming Sukino’s journey to Kahako’s mind. Reaching for her throat, Kahako tried to call out Satou’s name, only to get complete silence. The demon hadn’t pulled her out fast enough, and her body was now suffering the effects of strangulation.

She tried to reign in her chakra, calling it to her to heal her. Her lines, however, were still growing accustomed to the new entity that had full reign of her emotions right now, trying desperately in it’s own way to cry for help only hindering Kahako’s control. With her options limited, Kahako had no choice but to somehow bring attention to her plight. Immediately, she rolled over, tipping a small metal table next to the bed and crashing to the floor. When Keiji or Satou, whoever reached her first, turned her over they would see a dark purple marking around her neck. Her eyes bloodshot as she tried to breathe. Slowly she was gaining control, but would it be fast enough? She tried to will her chakra to turn her body into a liquid state, but she couldn’t control it long enough to hold. Sukino was panicking too much.
MFT

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What better feeling then the solace of Kahako's words and straightforward approach to things that helped decide the next step of action. He had to accept the past, all the horrid things that had begun to creep back after accepting his memories. The flow of white around the two began to change and morph to different scenery. From lands well know and some far from familiar. The images of places just flooded in, of course Satou didn't wish to let this small framed girl go. So much swelled in his chest, words he had wished to whisper to Sukino. Yet he held his tongue, he had to move on from trying to keep Sukino to him, he had to be selfless, not selfish. Even in the strain of collecting everything, he talked with levity in his voice. "And the one who won't leave you. I think its time I wake up, I've been asleep for far too long."

His voice was but a whisper when her eyes closed, only to open to her panic. Satou himself was still in the dream, watching her vanish. No longer feeling her presence in his mind. He closed his eyes next to wake in the soft cot. But nothing happened. He opened to find himself surrounded in hell. Or what could be the best description. Mortal creatures twisted in grotesque forms across the torn bloodied lands where greenery could not exist, the sky torched in a smoldering flames and blackened clouds. Corpses of humans and animals, bones and flesh rotted. In the epicenter he saw a structure of sorts, a throne, a throne of bones constructed from the dead of this world.

Satou had to squint from the heat and smoldering flames that washed past him when looking upon the figure who sat upon the throne of bones. His eyes lit with shock at the face he could make out from the distance. But before an utterance from his lips, a blink of an eye and the world washed away to reveal the room of Keiji's lab. No longer was Satou laying down, but was upright when his eyes opened to the gagging sound Kahako made when she struggled.

Keiji was sitting at his desk when things transpired. His attention was caught from the falling desk, but his hands on instinct went for the gauntlet he was working on before, slipping it on as he paced, registering Kahako's struggling but moving quickly to get in front of her, turning to face the sight of Satou waking after exploring that dark mind. The man had been sitting up before Kahako started choking. His cot was no more, what Satou sat in was a throne of black ink like chakra. The chakra was malevolent as was the greenish flame that adorned his throne, the shape of it began to claw out and writhing like a living thing, creatures even began to form from the blackened ink. Satou himself, in a fancy suit, sitting, watching in silence as the room chills to a deathly feeling. He did not speak, he did not act on Kahako's distress. He merely sat and watched.
darkness_zpspykzya2p.jpg

Keiji had to look away, Kahako needed more attention. Yet the fear clawing at the boys neck, to turn and face the demon was overly compelling. It took him every mount of muscle to keep himself still and calm as he grabbed Kahako and did his best to bring her upright so she could catch a breath, but on further inspection he saw the markings around her neck. "Kahako, can you hear what I'm saying. How many fingers?" He held out three for her to see, trying to check her eye sight and see if she wasn't suffering from the forced sleep. He glanced back at the complacent Satou. "She may need emergency attention, somethings wrong!" Satou was unmoving.

The demon looking at the two but yet seeming to look past them. "Is my Master Ill? Does she need my assistance?" Satou then stood, the throne disappearing to reveal the pristine white cot beneath him as he stood and paced but a few steps towards them. His stride vanished the darkness, the rooms cold gripe became a simple chill up the spine. Satou's posture was lax somewhat, as though he didn't fear for her health being in jeopardy. He merely took the girl under the chin to lift her gaze to him. "Breath easy Kahako-chan. I am here, everything is alright." His voice echoed soothingly to her, hand gently petted her cheek, running a playful hand through her hair. "Have a cough and then lets get up and get something to eat eh? Don't want to drag your body to the hospital now shall we? They have terrible food." He laughed, laughing in what could probably be a dire situation. But it was tired, as though Satou had dealt with enough for one day, or even a century.

The flooding of images still pestered him, trying to see if Kahako was well and images of battlefields would interrupt his thought or the greenest of meadows. but some images were blurred, voices that were muffled still. It will take time to collect it all. You still have a human brain so what was once broken will slowly reform. And it seems Kahako might have taken something a little extra with her.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
‘NO not again, I thought I escaped that terrible prison.’ A thousand terrible memories flashed through Kahako’s mind along with various forms of scream, mutter, and talking that wasn’t her own thoughts. ‘Oh Kami-sama, please don’t let me feel my death again. I don’t want to die again!’ Colors flashed before her eyes, then slowly black spots, she was drowning in the memories. Her mind couldn’t focus. She was suffocating. She was dying.

"Breath easy Kahako-chan. I am here, everything is alright.” She felt it. A firm, rough hand held her chin, she could barely make out the face through her fading vision. Only red eyes. He said something more, she saw his lips move, and a smile as he stared through her. but she slowly lost consciousness, her eyes closing. ‘I don’t want to die...’ came a small cry. Muffled, fading… ‘I’m already dead, but I’m not ready to die.’ It was like it was muffled underwater. Water… water?

Suddenly, Kahako opened her eyes. Before her still crouched Satou. Yet there was a waviness to his appearance. Like she was looking at him from the bottom of a pool. And she wasn’t breathing…

Then she felt it. That small inner pool of chakra that she could only use with her water jutsu, it sustained her, tackling the damaged cells and repairing them. What state was this? She lifted her hands. They were clear along with her arms, and entire body.

Relief rushed through her as she lay her head back on the floor, allowing her chakra to work naturally to heal her injured neck. The jutsu never fully worked before this moment, not this well, at least. Kahako’s entire body, from head to foot, was a solid but ever changing form of water. Closing her eyes, she morphed before the two men, moving around the room like a small wave rushing across the shore. It eventually calmed, sinking and then raising again back into the natural shape of her body.

Centering her mind, color returned to her. It started at her fingertips and feet before finally ending at her neck. When she was fully solid again, she fell to the ground, coughing heavily as she breathed. What felt like antagonizing minutes only lasted a few quick seconds. “Oh Raiden-sama,” she said, falling to her hands knees, “I feel sick.” Around her neck, a deep, dark bruise rested. It was sore, and pain shot through it when she coughed. Or breathed… or moved at all really. She would still need medical attention, but at least she was alive.

She painfully looked up at the demon before her. She could tell, just by the look on his face that he was different. Calmer. with a slight touch of erie. “Satou?” she called out to him, wondering what happened the in small seconds between being in his mind and her own. How much of him want human now? How much was demon? "Are you okay?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satou stood over her, watching with eyes that seemed distant and faded yet he returned to this reality. Even with the words and images pouring into his mind like a constantly flood of information. His demonic aura was fully visible, like a cloak covering him. His hand gently rested on Kahako's cheek. Simply staring deeply into the girls eyes. As if looking for something in them. "I'm fine, for a sense of the word. Are you going to be alright?." He chuckled a little bit. His hand waved and the girl felt as though invisible hands gently lifted her through the air to sit upon the cot once more. His breathing was lax yet his body was tensed, the power that began to flow through him was growing at an alarming rate.

Like a swelling void inside of you, wanting to do nothing more then to devour you. The power began to seep forth, like tendrils of ether that slithered and ebbed across the room. Holding it all in was impossible at the moment, he felt mentally exhausted. The images blurred and the voices had become mumbles as he rested his head upon Kahako's shoulder. Breathing with more ease as he spoke. "Lets not do this again anytime soon." He whispered. Wrapping his arm around her in a gentle hug. Letting her go to stand and pace over to the window. The light looked ever different in the shades of his dark aura as the chakra flowed about him like fabric in the wind.

Kaiji stepped forward to check the bruising around the girls neck, his Coral eyes scanned her over a few times. "I'll take you to the Hospital. You may need extensive medial aid. I don't know what happened." He looked between Kahako and Satou. "But would you say this experiment was a success?" Satou turned, smiling as the chakra flowed out even more strongly till it fluttered about him like living things. "Yes, I would say so. Don't worry Kaiji, I need the walk to clear my mind a bit." He moved back to them, helping his Master with an extended hand. "Shall we Kahako-Sama? lets go get you a check up. After which I'll make us something delicious to eat. Your choice of course." He acted as he should, a personal attendant to the women he swore his life and power to. To find that humanity in her that kept him going, to always keep it kind and strong. As she kept his humanity just the same.

Her life was no forever intertwined with his, another chapter of his life at a close. New pages every writing, new tales to be told for these two individuals.

(Topic left with Kahako)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back