Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Don't floof the ears [Private]

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maikeru was obviously not used to the taste of alcohol. He coughed and choked on a simple cup of sake, making Misaki giggle in amusement. Well, not everyone was clergy of a goddess that supervised rice, sake and industry. She couldn't blame him for not being used to a their traditional drink. In fact, Misaki drank nothing but sake herself, so it wasn't like she was an expert either. That said, she couldn't force the guy to drink. It was respectable already that he had given it a try. Still, she'd pick up the bottle to pour him a second cup if he wanted more.

"But then you, his girlfriend, the civilians, the buildings. All of those would be in danger. Last time it took the Hokage and Ziren to take him down. The tearoom was destroyed, the people fled in panic and even the street suffered damage.", she said eyeing the next cup of sake. "I guess I could return him to a life of darkness if he wants it so badly but this isn't about him alone."

Surprisingly, Maru agreed to her decision to keep the cursed seal and purify the darkness. Without it, he was cooler. Misaki rolled her eyes at his braggart comment, but he was right on one thing. She couldn't say he hadn't tried to help her. For a moment, her eyes would just observe him. If he was satisfied with the way he was now there was little need for her to return the darkness. His confirmation both in words and silly acts only strengthened her resolve on the matter. Flashing him a smile, she eventually said, "If even you agree, there is little else to be said about it. I really hope you find a fulfilling life without the darkness tainting you."

That wasn't to say that Maru was the most enjoyable person even now, seeing how he teased the girl next to her. Not only was she blind, which he found a reason to tease her with rather than to show some empathy, but whatever the bell served for he found it necessary to play with it like a bratty cat on top of that. It annoyed her just as much as it did Mizuho, minus the pain that was paired to it, ears flattening as the persistent ringing of the bell sounded rather sharp even in her ears. He then proceeded to drink soju from the bottle and spit it out, claiming it was sour. Sighing in exasperation at his obnoxious attitude.

"You aren't supposed to drink soju from a bottle, Maru. And be nice to-", it wouldn't matter much. Mizuho was tired of his antics and so she decided to move away rather than to remain here with a man that was being so inconsiderate. She'd puff up her cheeks and frown at him, "Good job... Even without your darkness you're being a pain. Don't you know you need to be nice to girls?"

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, at least tonight wasn't uneventful. Between the debate of Maru and Misaki, and Kaori walking out after being annoyed be.. Maru.. why did he choose this man as his sensei again? Maybe the fifteen year old had to teach the adult how to properly talk to women. Which, was a sentence the young boy never once thought would pass through his mind. He took another sip of his drink, feeling the same burning sensation as before. He really hoped he'd grow to appreciate the taste, because right now he couldn't see why people enjoyed it.

"She's.. not wrong. Women, well, people in general like it when you're nice to them. They're also not big fans of you invading their personal space, and touching things you really shouldn't. Maybe wait to touch her bell until the second date. For now, we should focus on getting to the first date." He said, shaking his head slightly. "She doesn't seem to be a really big fan of you Maru, you should work on being nicer to her, and less obnoxious around her. She might even let you kiss her if you did that."

Taking another sip, he was starting to get why people liked alcohol. He was, without a doubt, a light weight. Even the few sips of alcohol that he had were starting to make his head spin, and sending a warm feeling throughout his entire body.

"If the girl I liked just told my student that she'd sleep with him when he turned eighteen, I'd really think about my approach." Ah, liquid courage. "But, besides that, Misaki, tell me a bit about yourself. All I really know is you're a.. fox.. girl? Kitsune? Not sure of the proper term, and that Maru bit you once. I'm sure there's more than that, though. For instance, you seem to love Sake, why is that?"

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Unfortunately, ringing Kaori's bell which he thought was pretty fun at first earned him a hard slap across the face… With a loud smack Maru ended up spinning then falling to the floor on his behind, his cheek already have a red handprint stung and the mercenary rubbed his cheek to sooth the pain wondering what he did wrong. Sick of his actions. Kaori left him there, Maru reached out and was about to go after her but she was pretty good long gone by then. “Well that went well, at least things are kinda getting physical.” Maru told himself, looking over at Misaki when she claimed that he wasn't being nice. ‘Not nice?’ Maru thought, wondering what he did that was mean. Truth be told he was pretty nice to Kaori, compared to how he treated other girls he liked before Kaori it was an actual improvement.

Although Maru didn't see that he did anything wrong, his student pretty much told him that he was kinda invading her personal space which wasn't what he was trying to do. He shrugged. “Hey I am pretty nice to her, I mean I do what she ask most of the time don't I? Didn't think she would get that mad though.” He said, then sprung up from the floor then paid off Kaori's bill by just giving away a small bag filled with yen which was a gift from a Maru from another timeline like it was nothing. By the way he just gave the bag away, it seemed that he didn't even counted the money before just giving it away. Maru began to chuckle, waving his hand in a dismissive way. “Oh? Trust me I know she doesn't mean that, I'm pretty sure she came in contract with some dudes way cooler than you are and she didn't show interest in being with them from what I could see. She said that to just to get under my skin.” He explained, although he was right about him needing a new approach. The problem was, he didn't know how he'll take a different approach with Kaori.

He tried mostly everything, changing his body to make him look better (and slightly older because for a long time he had eternal youth), write endless amounts of pickup lines for her, keeping a close eye on where she was going, acting less creepy around her, being behaved around her, practically doing whatever she says without objection, hell he didn't even attempt to kidnap her. Which before he did and plotted kidnapping on a regular because he thought a girl was cute. Yeah, a lot of regrettable things he did when he had his darkness. But regardless a different approach is probably best but the thing was where should he start?

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hmm. From what she could hear it seemed pretty much that Maru was unaware of his own behaviour but his words didn't sound like lies either. Maybe he was being nice than he used to be. Thinking about it, that couldn't be wrong considering he was even worse with that Darkness inside him. And the girl seemed to be of a feisty sort, so saying things to get under his skin was a likely strategy. Misaki would do that to get back at someone, like every other kitsune she knew. Prideful as they were, the Aikayume were not the sort to let anyone get away with slighting them and anyone else following a similar attitude was obviously not wrong in their approach.

"She wouldn't try to get under your skin f you didn't deserve it. Teasing is acceptable but guys tend to overdo most of the time."

Drinking up her cup of sake, she wondered what he was about to do now. Just stand there? Turning her head to throw a glance at the non-puppet Maru, Misaki wasn't sure if she had to leave him to his own problems or give him a chance at getting on the right path. In her biased mind, it was already a miracle he been mean to herself and hadn't started to blow up the establishment. And the way he seemed at odds with the whole situation almost made him... normal. It made her wonder how big an impact that Darkness truly had on him if such drastic were the changes.

"You should run after her if you really care about her."

Pouring in a new cup of sake for herself, she'd pick up on Maik's questions since he directed his attention to her now. He seemed a little... tipsy? How much had he been drinking? Two or three cups or something? A sparkle of amusement would flicker in her eyes, the boy obviously not used to drink and yet going all in just to show he wasn't about to back down. Endearing foolishness. A vision of him being sick the next day pretty much imposed itself in her mind.

"Fox girl...?", she giggled with a frown. "I guess so. The correct term would be kitsune, as in the multi-tailed fox of legend. I'm a priestess of the Aikayume Temple of Sunagakure. We are devoted to Inari Okami and generally preserve the spiritual balance within the Village."

She'd throw another glance at Maru when Maik mentioned him having bitten her, and rubbed the mark she still carried from that time. Psh. Being bitten once, said like it was no big deal at all to bite a person the way he had done. Even if it had been a love nibble, imposing himself like this was not the way to handle a person.

"Biting would have been the least of my worries if he hadn't poured the essence of his Darkness into a Seal and marked me with it. A Cursed Seal. Weren't it for my kitsune heritage and the Aikayume's spiritual prowess, I could have turned into an abomination of darkness. It's a good thing we know how to keep spiritual energy balanced."

She shook her head. She really didn't want to be reminded of that time. it was already difficult as it was to resist burning the man who had done this, her believing he was still a tainted creature of darkness only tempered by his seemingly normal behaviour at this point.

"Inari Okami is the celestial kitsune who resides over fertility, growth and foxes as well as rice, tea, sake, agriculture and industry. Drinking a cup of sake is part of our ceremonies. It's generally reserved to the older members of the clergy but I'm fifteen and a fully learned priestess so I'm entitled to drinking sake since more than a year.", and to add the deed to the word, she finished her cup of sake again. Giggling she'd continue, "But you look like you're not used to drinking. You might end up drunk if you continue."

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You're.. not wrong." Maikeru confessed, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm pretty boring, I spend most of my time studying or training. Drinking doesn't help in either of those so.. I avoid it. Dulls the senses, slows the body, all that kinda stuff. I've never.. actually been drunk before."

As he spoke, he took another sip of his drink. He was a bit worried that the burn became less and less with each consecutive sip, but, that was a problem for future Maikeru wasn't it? With a sigh, he looked to his mentor, giving the man a small grimace. He was a nice guy when he wanted to be, he just.. came on a little strong. If he dialed that back, Maikeru didn't see a reason why Kaori would reject him. Unless she didn't like handsome dudes, which.. a possibility he supposed. She gave off a vibe that made him question that particular interest of her.

"Look, Sensei, just.. try something. Pretend that Kaori isn't Kaori, pretend that she's just a normal girl. Better yet, pretend she's a dude. Just talk to her like a normal human being, and once you two are officially dating, then you can lay on those smooth, charming lines of yours. Ask her about her interest, about her family, literally anything. Just.. talk to her. Not everything has to be a come on or an advance. Girls are just people. Generally pretty, well smelling people, but.. people, yea?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he looked between Misaki and Maru. It was certainly an interesting group he found himself drinking with. A self proclaimed prince of thieves nunekin, and a priestess of a fox god who apparently loved a good glass.. or six, of sake. Well, at least he wouldn't be bored tonight. That much, at least, was a given. As he finished his glass, he cautiously poured another. He might as well have a good time while he was here.

"What do you think, Misaki? What would make you go for Maru here? I mean, if he hadn't bitten you and.. poured his essence into you." Maikeru grimaced a bit at the phrasing of that, but shook his head to dismiss it. "Would you prefer the pick up lines, or a nice, kind, conversation?"

(377 words)

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Although it was pretty much the truth that he came on a little too strong with Kaori, was rather… difficult to treat her like a normal person. She was beautiful, strong, and with a spitfire attitude which was something he adored about Kaori. To ask him to pretend like she wasn't Kaori is practically saying treat a goddess like a everyday girl. But he did have a point…. “Hmmm, so just talk to her huh? Well I do know quite a bit about her but don't actually know her, know her.” Maru rubbed his chin, thinking for a moment. He never really asked her about her family, nor did he ask her about what she does or more on the most interesting thing about her like those dragon statute things she is hunting for. All he knew about them was that they were statutes that have demons inside of them and they have the power of brainwashing. Come to think of it, wasn't that the reason why he was following her was to get one to sell off to the blackmarket? Bandits are always–

Maru shook his head. 'No, no, no. I'm not gonna do that.’ He thought, not wanting to let that greed take over. Maru knew that if that situation were to happen where he could get that Dragon Statute perhaps he could try to talk Kaori into not destroying it. Afterall, mind control is pretty useful so why let that kind of talent go to waste? That was somewhere down the line. After Misaki told him to go after her, he chuckled nervously. “Well… I would, but she's pretty mad right now and drunk… I think I'll give her some space for now and when I see her next time I'll grovel and beg for forgiveness. Seems the best route aye?” He held his hands out as a sign of trust, then began to listen to Misaki tell them about herself. Basically she came from a whole clan of fox people who seen to be some sort of religious clan of sorts, different from the kind of Kitsune’s he read about in folklore that seduce people to drink their blood. Everything was pretty interesting, but the part about him biting her made the mercenary narrow his eyes… Biting… Poured his essence… “You know how you said that was aaaaall wrong. Already offered to unseal you jeez” he said, besides on his record that jerk Umashi put that he was inappropriately touching a kitsune. He just pulled her ears, got into a fight, then curse sealed her using the method he saw in a manga he thought looked cool. But looking back on that, he made a huge mistake....

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hearing Maikeru give advice on how to treat a girl was a bit... awkward. He had a point when saying Maru should treat Kaori like a normal person, and then went ruining it by saying he had to treat her like a guy. Then he picked up again with giving a good approach on how to get closer, only to fall back with his 'pretty, well smelling people'. It was cute to hear him give advice but it also became apparent that the sake was muddling his mind some already. She smiled sheepishly as he shrugged his shoulders and looked between Maru and her. Then he wanted her advice on the matter, asking her about her thoughts with a rather lewd phrasing. She'd frown, hearing him pick up on a rather dubious sort of wording he had chosen and hearing how Maru instantly jumped onto it as well.

"Aheheh... What a way to describe it..." =w=;

Disregarding the weird choice of words since he didn't seem to have meant to say it in such a lewd way, she thought about his question. What if... was not something the kitsune could or would disregard. To the proud Aikayume there was no 'if'. It had happened, he had slighted her and in true kitsune tradition she'd uphold the grudge for now and the next few lives to come until the offence had been repaid in kind. Two years of sealed darkness was not to be taken lightly nor discarded with a simple question. But the next question, that she could answer.

"I'd say both. Good pick up lines show proof of wits and boldness. A good conversation shows proof of an in-depth and rich personality."

And kitsune were all about wits. Teasing, quips, pranks, outsmarting. The world was their playground, words were the game. Naturally, there was more to that in life for a priestess of Inari about to inherit the entire temple and all the responsibility (ew...) but it didn't change the fact the foxes liked to play games with or on people. That said, they were a fickle lot just as much. The kitsune of the Aikayume had fallen for a large variety of guys in the past, each one of them brought within the fold for own personal tastes and reasons. Between what was wanted and what would be often laid a world of differences.

"Why, you looking to follow in your sensei's footsteps and get a girl?", she'd ask Maik teasingly.

wc 413

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maikeru's cheeks were red for a number of reasons. Firstly, the alcohol. He wasn't drunk, but he certainly wasn't sober anymore. Secondly, the pretty girl teasing him about getting a girl. At fifteen years old, Maikeru had never even held a girl's hand, let alone kissed or dated one. So the sudden question of the kitsune undoubtedly had the inexperienced young man on the back foot. He tried to speak, but all that would come out was incessant stammering.

"Er.. well.. no.. yes.. uh.." He stammered out, settling for just finishing the sake that had been left in his cup, leaving a burning sensation racing down his throat towards his stomach. "I'm.. I'm not.. not looking for a girl. But sh- she would have to.. well.. I don't know!"

He stammered out, before placing his head on the table. Smooth Maikeru, absolutely debonair. He turned his head, resting on his cheek as he looked up at the white haired girl across from him, and his sensei. Sure, he talked a big game to impress his sensei, but, he was awful with women. Not that he had ever tried, being an Uchiha good looks were just an assumed fact of the clan. He didn't know what it was, but even the plainest looking Uchiha man seemed to be crawling with women.

"I.. I've never really tried to get a girl." He said, able to compose himself for at least a bit. "I've always put more time into my training and studying, I haven't really had time to look for one. I want to be a strong shinobi, so, I put my personal life second for now. If the right girl came along, I always thought I'd be totally able to flirt but.. I am failing miserably right now, so I guess even I can be wrong."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back