Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Down we go. [Pvt. Keiji]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After all nigher, the mission assignment and talking with Toshi had made the grown-up too tired to do much else for that day. In the kitchen were still pots and plates as nao had made breakfast for everyone, but simply was too tired. He slept till dinner time and was a bit of a haze after. "Right... I forgot to give keiji a key.. " The adult muttered to himself as he stretched out quite a bit before he made coffee.

He had checked the place but it seems as Keiji wasn't around yet. "If his butt isn't home by tonight... I will just go look for him...' He sighed as he thought that, and made his way to the garden. There he lighted a cigarette as he looked to the sky. He felt happy, genuinely happy for the first time in a long time. In that evening he finished up a few reports so that the next day he was free with Keiji, also to talk things through and to go to the basement.

Sadly this new morning was a day where his illness was shimmering through. It started in the kitchen where he let a heavy plate drop. 'please no... not today..' Those thoughts ran through his mind as he started to pick up the pieces... To not worry anyone in the house, he summoned Excursai to his side who happily helped him with his little plan. It was for him great trouble to go through the plans...

"Morning Keiji." Nao's voice sounded cheerfully and warm and soon the place would be filling up with the smell of fresh-made coffee and eggs. "I am sort of unsure how you have your breakfast... But... I tried my best." He would sit down on his side of the bed while Sai would give the tray towards Keiji as he would be sitting up?? Or most likely be sitting up. "I prepared coffee and milk... as I do not know what you drink in the morning... I made a toast with egg, bacon, and a bit of green onion. Hope it will be of your taste..." He said soft and Sai would leave after. Nao wasn't telling as to why Sai was there... But Sai would sit down in the living room on the couch. Waiting for the 'gremlin'.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The morning light coming through the window into the bedroom was the first his eyes saw as they opened, then came the smells from the kitchen. His thoughts ran back to the last 3 days that started with the admission of Nao's illness, and the invitation to move in with him. The move went swiftly as they had arrived home, his Harvesters had transported his belongings from the apartment set up by the then Kage for him, and placed it all within the house, a key was never necessary. Not for Shinobi. It had taken an entire day to move his stuff around fixing things up for him living there. He cuddled up to the blanket that rested over him, and could smell Nao from it. A warmth feeling filled him within.

When was the last time he felt like this? Was it when he had a family? His little brother running through the halls, they were always poor, but his parents were at least loving and supportive, his mind briefly touched upon the vision of their corpses tied with rope to the chair and the charred remains of his little brother in the corner of the room while the fire was consuming his house all around him, a shiver went down his spine and he threw the thoughts away with a shake of his head and forced himself back to where he was mentally before. The welcome and warmth this place held for him was like the next step above how he felt with his family. While Leaf itself wasn't where he'd think he'd feel at home, but this place. This person he was with, this was home to him, more-so than anywhere else.

He twisted and turned, opening his eyes properly and looked upon the door leading out of the bedroom and heard the footsteps of Nao as he approached. He hadn't heard the crash from the plate he had dropped earlier, Keiji had slept like a rock then which was uncommon for him too. Something about feeling like nothing could harm him where he existed now.

"Morning to you too handsome!" he responded with a smirk as he sat himself up with a pillow to support his back. "All of it looks delicious, just as delicious as you" he wasn't really sure where his brash and forwardness came from, but the attitude seemed to fit him nicely. He twisted his head releasing his dreadlocks from behind his back letting them rest in front, they need a sorting soon, he could feel the hair roots splitting, Hitomi would need to assist there.

"I don't mind either drinks, it depends on how I feel in the morning usually.. I love it all though" He smiled and took the milk, and poured it in the coffee, then took a sip "Thanks Sai!" he'd comment lastly as he put the cup down and seeing Sai walk out.
Taking up the toast and taking a bite, presumably while Nao would be staring, waiting for a reaction he'd gleefully chew through it and swallow.
"Tastes great! Love it!" He took another eager bite, and what he didn't realize was that while he was chewing on that second bite his eyes started watering, and a tear dropped down his cheek, as the tear touched his skin he notice it finally, and as he wiped it, commented, "Whu- ? I- where'd that come from?" he couldn't tell for sure. Maybe he was just, so happy.. Or it was the warmth of the room, or he might just be allergic to green onions, he really couldn't tell..

Regardless though, whatever Nao's reaction was he then took up the tray and put it on the floor swiftly, then turning around and grabbed Nao by the shoulders and planted a deep kiss right on his lips. Pulling back a little, and staring right into Nao's eyes "Listen.." he paused and took a breath. "You need to know, I love this." he gestured at his nearby surroundings "I'm just.. So not used to it.." Nao would be able to hear the smile, and the slight laughter through his teeth. "Thank you, okay?" He kissed Nao again, then before Nao could respond he'd pull back and turn around and sit by the bedside, seeing his clothes on a chair next to the bed. Standing up, and begin putting it on, and as the last band was tied and his pants were on tight, he leaned down and grabbed the toast and the cup from tray on the floor.

"Shall we go and take a look at that basement today finally?" He turned and said with an affirming smile and bright eyes as he looked upon Nao again, then taking another bite, he held the toast with egg and bacon between his teeth (and subsequently probably spilling the green onions on the floor..) as he did the hand gestures and the controlled chakra burst to summon Hitomi, she already knew what was happening as the smoke cleared and was standing in her dark purple gi, swiftly turned her head around to examine the room, then walked out in a brisk pace towards the living room. Keiji coming up in a much slower pace behind her.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Once he sat down on his side of the bed, he heard Keiji. “O-oi!” He only managed to bring out and pouted a little to the side. “You do know I am dressed right..?” He only said; more to say that he didn’t think of himself as that appealing. Yet he kept him under his watch as he wanted to see his reaction to things. And once he saw it… He grinned really bright. “Glad to hear that!” He said and moments later that same smile faded and brought a rather worried expression to his face.

Worry grew as he placed the tray aside, but soon found himself being kissed, and before he could even react to it… He's already pulled back. Curious about what he wanted to say…. He looked him in the eyes. “Hm hmm-” He said as a mention that he still was listening despite the fact that looked at Keiji, not wanting to interrupt his speaking. “Thank you, okay?” He wanted to react to him but was met with another kiss. Once more he was cut short before he could react. “Myeee--! Why do you always do that!” He started to complain a little and soon found himself pouting, arms crossing while eying Keiji. “Not even let me react…” He muttered as he got up as Keiji had done the same. “First off… Eat that bread, then we will head down…” he would wave and plant a kiss on his cheek as he got close.

Once Keiji was done with the toast and the coffee- Nao would take him down the stairs. Mentioning for Sai to join also towards the downstairs… but as soon as he took hold of the railing, a doubt started to gnaw on him. It was only recent that one of the kids noticed his symptoms… It would be only a matter of time before his secret would be out for everyone.

As they walked down the stairs Nao made sure that he would flick the switch around so that there would be light. “Right is the pantry- ahead is the training area… Here on the left is the place where I stored up everything..” He would grab a key from his pocket and insert it, he turned it before flicking the switch on inside. “Hitomi.. Sai… please wait outside…” Sai nodded onto that and went inside the pantry waiting for Hitomi to chat with her.

After Keiji would enter he would close the door again. Inside you would be met with a bookshelf full of papers, books, and the likes; many books over illnesses mainly. One drawer was full with test results of his own. “In the drawer here you can find all the test results I had been doing… In the bookshelves, you have everything regarding human anatomy and diseases.. Even history books where mentions were made…” He would then walk further to a large L-shaped Desk where there was stuff laying on. “This is the desk I used to work on… and behind the curtain here…” He would open it up so Keiji could see. It was almost as if there was a mini surgical place cramped in one. There was a chair that could be formed in a laydown position, there were cabins that were filled with medical stuff… It was almost a full doctor's place, microscopes, and everything was around.

Just behind the surgical chair was another set of desks with microscopes and other things up and around. Nao wasn’t sure how to act at this moment; since Keiji was the first one to see it all. To tell the truth, Nao was a bit scared of his reaction. On which his body showed more than he said; he held his elbow and looked to the side not even looking towards Keiji. “everything is down here… out of sight for everyone..”

“The latest results are… a month old..? I haven’t checked anything that recently..” he would say, his voice soft as he leaned against the table. “before you ask… I won’t be picking up heavy things at the moment..” He said seriously and finally looked up towards him. If Keiji had a sharp eye- He could spot one very familiar looking document... one from the byoin, most likely the part that Nao had removed from his own files.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Dust, the dust in the basement room was insurmountable, he felt himself almost sneeze every other minute. There'd definitely need to be a thorough cleaning needed before anything could be done in regards to research in there. The shelves were all set up like a miniature but simplified maze where there were small corridors leading back to the central area with the work desks. It was only the one side of it where the curtain hang being where the makeshift surgery room lay.
The sheer amount of books and journals that filled the shelves, floor and tables were astounding, the last time he'd seen something like that was the hidden vaults within Kumogakure where-in he had spent the majority of his time researching with his sensei Kushin. even if his relationship with his sensei was one built on manipulation and blackmail It had an eerie sense of homeliness for him, as weird as that may sound. Only thing lacking was the giant metal doors and within the metallic shelves with hundreds or even thousands of jars with hundreds of different organs and their variant forms from all manner of individuals within and without Kumo's walls. True science with no limits set by morality was present within that place, dark secrets were discovered and truths behind many abilities Shinobi of this world were unveiled to them.

Presumably this wasn't going to be another place like that, here he had the clan house and the deep care he held for Nao and his health resting above him. This is more about a specific purpose and a specific reason for still being in existence, the basement most likely had seen better days, while there wasn't just scientific papers and books within, there also fictional stories, fantasies and mythical tales, some he recognized just by the book bindings, most likely, he assumed they had some relevance to the core issue at hand, but he had yet to put that puzzle together within his mind.

He took a deep breath, only to be met by a cough escaping his lungs, probably had been just waiting for an opportunity since they entered the basement. After releasing the cough properly, he opened his eyes again, and took in the room again, turning around and silently nodding to himself in approval of the place. "This place will do nicely" he thought to himself. Then turning his attention back to Nao who had continued on in describing the place. The little addendum he added by this place being out of sight for everyone, made him think Nao was referring to something else they could be doing down there besides working on a cure, definitely an enticing offer, one he definitely wouldn't neglect being open.

"Mhm" he murmured and silently nodded to himself in response to Nao's statement on the last test result that was done. "I guess that'll be the first thing to do, after a thorough cleaning!" He smiled brightly thinking about getting this room shined up for active work again. After Nao noted he wouldn't be doing any heavy lifting Keiji took a few steps towards Nao and bumped the front of his waist into Nao's and grabbed him from below his waist hoisting him up by his buttocks and placing his butt on the closest table and saying at the same time "Haha! You won't have to lift anything. I'll take care of all the.." He paused as he leaned in close and kissed Nao on the forehead and then whispered softly. ".. Heavy lifting here." Then leaning back and turning around intentionally ignoring the papers on the table, only able to read a few words and the framing of the document, resembled those in the official documents of the staff within the Byoin, and noticing Nao's own name on it. He had his suspicions. But he didn't see the need in confronting or talking about it with Nao just yet.

Letting the moment sit, he had many thoughts turning around within him, here he was, about to undertake a private research, in the basement of, basically his lover? He wasn't really sure what or how to label what they had, he wasn't really sure. They'd been together for a solid couple of weeks, he wouldn't deny he'd love it to be more. He felt a.. Connection, something deep, something profound, he felt warmth he couldn't remember ever feeling since his childhood, and those brief prods and jokes they did towards each other felt genuine and he loved every second and every minute he was spending with him. Was he.. In love? Recognizing this within him, he felt a surgent of energy within him rise to his head, there was his answer. The cripples and stipples of goose skin made him shiver slightly in bliss.

"It'll probably take a day or two, but once it's all ready, we can go through some tests I'd like to do. With that I have a basis to start further researching into." Turning around, he looked upon Nao again with a smile. "This is where things gets serious, yeah?" He let those words sit in the air between them. Then walking up to Nao again, and softly caressing Nao's hands, and with a warm smile on his lips, he asked. "I'm 100% in, if you are. About this.." He gestured to the basement and all the papers surrounding them. "I'll be right here for you, and I'll dedicate every waking moment for you to feel better, to make sure your life last as long as humanly possible, until both of our dying breaths." He sighed to himself mostly. "I don't know how long it'll take for me to find out anything, but damn it to the devils and demons of the world, I'll find a solution, I wanna spend every waking moment right here with you." His tone had turned serious, and almost desperate, presumably Nao could sense it too.

Keiji breathed a sigh, deeper than usual, he could feel dust particles in the air risking his lungs another cough, but he relented and pushed it out again before it got too deep. Letting this moment rest he was eager to get started..

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His eyes followed Keiji on his movements at first, trying to get the hint of what was going through his head. Eventually, he had explained everything that was in and around this place. "I... guess I neglected this place a bit..." he did have to admit that as he smelled the room, it smelled old. It was that after he said he wouldn't do much of the lifting, that Keiji got into motion. He was a bit puzzled as to what, but his movements had him tense up a little. After all, he preferred to have feet on the earth and he wasn't used to lifting up again. He held on to Keiji, as best as he could in his current state, and after the kiss he looked up to him. Now his mind was in the gutter too while it wasn't as bad as that before he mentioned those words. He had meant it out of the way for the kid's eyes to see... Now that he repeated those words once more in his head- he noticed that it could have been taken on many, many occasions and different ways interpreted.

Nao lay his head on Keiji's chest, let his arms rest around Keiji's waist holding him on his hands-on Keiji's back. Hugging him in a manner of fashion. "Neh-... Keiji... I wondered something..." He said as he would keep his head turned sideways. He could hear Keiji's heart rhythm... For some reason it was soothing. "I... I love you." He said and would attempt to sit back a bit more up to give him a kiss on the lips. "I... Needed a moment to figure it fully out and how to say it, but I figured it is best to just say. And so. But the words are meant!" He worried instantly that his words were taken wrong or his action. He meant the words. He loved Keiji. He really does. Without knowing he started to fear that he thought different after all this time, or there wouldn't be the words back... Unconsciously he, for his idea he squeezed Keiji's morning robes very hard, while in fact, it would be weaker almost as a kid was tugging on it. "Could... I call you... like... partner..? Lover..? boyfriend..?" his words died down a little as he got further, he was unsure about this. Oddly enough, Keiji was the first real love of his life.

He let go of Keiji as he seemed to step back a little, and he himself stood up again from sitting on the desk. Nao listened towards Keiji and nodded as he talked about cleaning, researching, and more. "I am fully sure that I want to do this Keiji. With you. " Nao smiled once more and looked to the door. "Perhaps we should get cleaning gear then... I can probably move a book or two in the meanwhile.." In his head he could almost hear his Kami contract screaming on the fact he would drop all the books in his current state.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A small shock of both relief and warmth oozed within Keiji as Nao popped the question, not "the" question, but just as critical as that other one. At least for their current situation. Unable to hide his teeth, a smile as wide as his heart and soul could muster encroached on the corner of his lips. his heart leaped and he gulped for a quick second and then he responded. "All of the above, please!"

While the tone was light, and he liked it that way, in his heart he was over joyous, a clear elation within his tone and body language, he stretched himself up slightly, he puffed his chest out and his shoulders lifted, arms tilted slightly to show more mass, almost like a wild animal during a mating dance his whole demeanor changed slightly indicating a show for his potential mate, all happening in the unconscious, nobody but those looking at him carefully would be able to catch the change.

They'd have a long day ahead of them working on the basement. But now, with Nao, and his renewed energy it shouldn't take too long, perceptually at least. In actuality it'd probably take the rest of the day, and with their contracts help, slightly faster. But would they both sense it as taking that long? Barely, in their mind their work would only take them an hour at max. And when they finally emerged from the basement, with most of all the dust gone, and with tables cleared and paperwork set aside, even the books sorted, something Hitomi took a liking to doing meticulously, even though Sai kept interrupting her with more books he had found elsewhere. He seemed to like being a slight nuisance to her, both Keiji and Nao had noticed.

The day had gone to night, while in small breaks Hitomi had left and come back with food and drinks, and the few moments they needed fresh air going upstairs and out for a smoke. But the work always continued, they were almost like possessed to try and get it all clean and ready. When night finally came and they emerged from the basement like cave dwellers they came up tired and beat. But they were finished, both Sai and Hitomi had poofed just before, needing to recuperate within their realms. Together Nao and Keiji readied for bed and settled down underneath their comforters.

Turning in bed Keiji looked upon Nao with a tired glaze across his face, no more jokes, pranks, or being frisky with him. In this tired state he started saying something, "y'know, I think that I wouldn't mind stayi-" but a yawn had caught him mid-sentence and out came the distinct sound of him trying to say "-ing with you foreeeeeever" Once his yawn and sentence ended at the same time his tired, half-blinking eyes would be staring at Nao, seconds from just dozing off entirely, it wouldn't be surprising if Keiji would never properly hear or remember whatever Nao would say to him now, he just wanted to voice that thought that had popped into his head as he laid there looking upon Nao, his favorite other human being. The first human being he'd ever been this close to. Someone he genuinely would do anything to protect. That warmth he felt upon hearing Nao's question still lingered within him, that same warmth would urge him forward to push for boundaries unknown.

[Thread Left]
[Time for Nao's words]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His heart was overjoyed by the fact that Keiji was saying all of the above... He was honestly happy with that fact and couldn't hide the big and goofy smile anymore. "Thank you." He said and would attempt to give him a kiss before starting the long day cleaning.

With his illness flaring up, he would occasionally drop something to the floor, a sigh would leave him, and his breaks were a bit longer than Keiji's were. Or at least longer than that Keiji would need. He also did it a lot easy going and once they are finished with everything, he was the one being tired the most.

Once inside his bed, he would find himself cuddling Keiji and listening to his words, he found himself smiling once more. "Glad to hear that Keiji... I really don't want to be apart from you either anymore." And with that being said; he noticed that Keiji had already fallen asleep. Snickering softly he would pull the covers a bit more over them before he would snuggle in further and fall asleep too.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back