Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Drawbacks? Or Moving Forward?

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well at first it was learning to deal with my abilities. But after becoming accepted and understood, I decided to continue this life to protect those that I care for." He felt selfish for finding peace for himself, but when he learned to deliver peace to others, he found a reason to smile. Working with others was his approach to all the Shinobi villages getting along. Seeing this at a young age gave the Diplomat hopeful a way to plan for his future. He wanted to see such a thing come to pass. Who knew what the Shinobi nation could create with working together?

He took off his shoes and looked around the dojo. As Hoshi asked for a spar, the boy lifted his right palm, the moisture in the air came together, forming a chilled ice needle. It looked to be smoking looking at the mist that floated from it. It began to cast a chill in the air. The boy moved his palm, three of said needles landing in the wall near the bokken sword Hoshi looked at. It was only to show her that he was a good shot, and was game for he question.

"A sparring match sounds good. I've got time to help sharpen your skills." A grin overcame the boy's face as he moved away from Hoshi. Giving her some space as he stood in his Yuki bloodline fighting style stance.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Toshi expressed that the first became a shinobi because he wanted to get a handle on his abilities, which is honorable in Hoshirei's eyes. It was for this reason that most of her clan at least went through the academy, to teach a bit of chakra control and self-defense. Even if none of them went on to graduate, they should at least know their way around their abilities. A few different ability lines ran through their clan, though Hoshirei herself could mainly access two, it made her an interesting foe to handle. "Knowing your abilities and being able to hone them into a weapon or a defense is important. Many in my clan who start in the academy do so because they manifested certain abilities that they need to learn how to control. Sometimes it even helps those around them prove themselves," she stated, thinking of a genin exam she ran for an Inuzuka child.

Hoshirei smiled at the ice senbon as they pierced the wall of the dojo. She was going to enjoy this, she could tell. "No damage that can't be healed easily, sound like a good rule to you? Cuts and bruises are fine, but lets try not to break each other, yeah?" she asked with a soft smile. Hoshirei closed her eyes for a small moment and took a slow deep breath in and out before throwing a smirk Toshi's way. She grabbed the bokken off the wall and sped towards Toshi before performing an upward slashing motion that looked like it was headed for his torso. Hoshirei would then gracefully leap away waiting for a response.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy chuckled at the damage rule. He didn't plan on getting her at all. Just to brush up on his skills. As a gate guard, he always has to be on his toes. He watched as she picks up her weapon, now coming at him at a charge. He moved into a more agile stance. She came at the boy with a rather basic attack. He figured she was either gauging him, or had underestimated him because of his age. Most Shinobi out of the academy would have no problem mountain climbing, heck, even Academy Students could pull it off if they stayed at their studies and trainings. So it would be this battle that would speak of the AiT's combat abilities. He'd be sure to leave a good impression. This would be something to remember, even in future times.

The quick thinking boy, flipped away, using his chakra to stick his landing to a nearby wall. Green chakra would surge from his feet as he watched as the woman leap away. He kept in mind that she was quite fast. If he wasn't prepared, there's be no way he'd keep up with her. He moved his left arm away from his body, now preparing to charge at Hoshi. The moisture from the air began to solidify in the boy's mentioned hand. "I'd be lying if I said I've learned everything from the academy." A now solid ice replica of the bokken sword was firmly grasped in his hand.

Be jetted from the wall, making a dash towards Hoshi. He would take a wild swing at her chest area with the ice weapon. Maybe it would give her the chills? :D The boy would regain his footing on the ground afterwards. "I haven't taken a single class from the Academy. Everything I give it here, come from the experience I've had enjoying life." Despite his temperature flux, he was already warming up.

[ MFT | +300 ]
(( Tis ok. Feel free to be creative ))

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei heard Toshi's chuckle at her damage rule and internally shook her head. This should be fun. He dodged her initial strike and Hoshirei could not help but smile. She was not sure of his rank in the village, but dodging that first strike, no matter how basic, boded well for him. She watched as he formed a sword made of ice and her eyes sharpened. Her sword was made of hardwood, but she would still need to be careful or one of them could snap the other's weapon. At his first quip, Hoshirei replied, "The Academy generally doesn't teach ice jutsu, I should know."

He jettisoned from the wall toward her and blocked his sword. As their blades were crossed, she twisted her body and dropped as she tried to knock him to the floor. She would then turn incorporeal and sink into the floor for a moment. Whether he went down or not, she would come back up through the floor and quickly lash out to try and catch a leg or arm. She then flew through some hand seals and weaved an illusion of multiple Hoshireis surrounding Toshi. Hoshirei would then attempt to use the illusions as a distraction as all three Hoshireis, in unison, would encircle Toshi, standing just long enough to swing her bokken and attempt to dance out of the way of answering blows.

OOC: Shorter, but didn't want to take liberties with your character.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Floating above her while holding his Ice creation, the boy had only a moment to access the situation. His next move would tune his direction in this spar. As she delivered her next attack, the boy shifted the shape of the ice sword into an ice shield.

As Hoshi's attack came at the boy he could notice two things. One That while his ice techniques were fluid with the flow of battle, he noticed his control of the element began to slip. His ice sword turned into a single water bubble. Unable to hold the water anymore, the bubble dispersed. Only a puddle of water was left on the ground where the boy attempted to defend himself.

Two He was now open to Hoshi's next attack, that brought him to the ground. Landing with a thud, he rolled away. He would begin a flip to get himself on his feet. As a hand moved through the floor, he shifted his weight to a one handed flip. He escaped the hold, but he knew there would be more after that. A bind was usually a distraction from a major attack.

Landing on his feet, he now noticed the kunoichi had cloned herself. He began through a few hand seals. It was a method of being invisible, attacking the wrong opponent could leave him open. 'Where will she be attacking from?' He completed his hand seals as the clones began to encircle him. A sudden wind picked up, moving the remaining weapons off the walls of the room. As Hoshi attacked, a sword from the wall clashed with her weapon, holding back her attack. Two spears flew through the wind, dispersing the remaining clones into clouds of smoke. Several other weapons that the room provided now lay scattered on the floor. The boy moved quickly, rolling forward and picking up a dagger like weapon as he came to his feet before Hoshi. He would be to take several swings at her, the wind now carrying only a single bokken sword, fighting the kunoichi alongside the wind jutsu expert.

The boy took in the moment knowing the sight was beautiful. He was training with a kunoichi from the village, fighting alongside the wind at her clan abode. Such memories would be cherished. He also knew his Yuki abilities were fading away. He could only wonder why. Not letting it get to him in the thick of battle, the boy continued onward. "The ghosts here ever teach you any history about Shinobi?" He continued the conversation while the battle moved at such a pace, wondering of her Clan's past.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei was satisfied with the thud Toshi's body made when it hit the tatami mats of the dojo floor. She wasn't surprised though to see that he rolled out of the way of her strike from below. She noticed his ice melt rapidly and splash on the floor. She could make use of the water left over from his ice shield. She saw him speed through some hand signs that were vaguely familiar and her eyes widened as wind picked up the weapons from the walls and caused her clones to dissipate in clouds of smoke. She used her bokken to bat away the single floating bokken still in the air, keeping an eye on it in case it was going to head back her way. She also noted the dagger adjacent weapon in Toshi's hand and had to turn intangible for a couple of strikes that she couldn't dodge quickly enough. She flew through a set of hand signs to bring the water from the floor down on top of Toshi's head, hopefully soaking him. The next thing she did was cause the sound of a gong to ring just behind Toshi's head.

She was really enjoying this little spar of theirs and couldn't help but laugh a bit as Toshi asked her a question mid-spar. "Would you believe me if I told you I learned more about history from ghosts than I did from my academy teachers? They did not appreciate being corrected by the airhead," she said and tossed her bokken to the side. She felt like getting up close and personal, so she dashed in and threw out a couple of jabs to Toshi's head and chest before attempting to grab his arm to throw him back over her shoulder. "I grew up here, but most of my clan was elsewhere before Maki and I moved everyone here a couple of years ago. Do you like to study history?"

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The wind died down as Hoshirei moved away from his attacks. So far he was impressed with the Kunoichi's techniques. He wondered how far she'd go in actual combat, wanting to battle alongside her now. The uniqueness of each shinobi was intriguing. No matter how many shinobi he met, there was always a new way of life, or a new culture that he'd pick up on. He moved to a defensive stance, now noticing Hoshi moving through a few hand seals. It took him a moment to calm down, now looking around his environment. a splash of water gave his body the chills as the attack came down from the air. He was used to the element though, as it didn't slow him down. Though the splash did give him an idea. Suddenly a loud gong sound rang in the boy's ears. He dropped his weapon and grasped his ears, bending over from the sharp waves of sound while trying to keep his footing. Her chuckle brought him back to his senses. The laughter and the mood behind it lifted his heart a bit, giving him a full recovery from the sound attack.

Upon hearing that she learned more from ghosts than at the Academy, the boy now became more Intune with the spiritual aspect of the topic. He wanted to ask her more, but he figured it'd be better to experience such things for himself. He made a mental note to come back and train with Hoshi in a different way. Not so much as in the ways of battle, but the ways of interacting with different spirits. Snapping back to reality, the AiT was surprised to see the Kunoichi throw her weapon to the side. With that, she started coming his way. He swayed quickly with her movements, staying in tune with her battle tempo. Her grab connected, and as she threw the boy backwards, he took advantage of such momentum.

As she finished her last statement, the boy took to the ground in a roll. He now began to roll through the puddle that was left behind, and created an ice ramp that guided him along to Hoshi. He would barrel roll right into her. Regardless of a hit or miss, he would come to a stop and lay on the ground. A bit dizzy, he continued on. "History is a great subject, but I stay open to every teaching I'm given. I look for the wisdom in everything I do." As his breathing caught back on he began to laugh a bit. His last attack was a surprise even to himself.

[ Sending in for Bloodline [Old] -> Bloodline [New] switch ]
[ Yuki -> Tsuchimikado ]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei heard Toshi's body connect with the floor again and couldn't help but just watch as he barrel-rolled toward her. He connected and with an "Oof!" Hoshirei was on the ground with Toshi on top of her legs. As Toshi started laughing, she joined in. She could tell he was a bit dizzy from the rolling and just lay there on the floor laughing. "Learning is always fun. That last move of yours was brilliant, by the way. I wonder if there would be a way to do it without being disoriented afterward," she said, finishing in a pensive tone.

She sat up from her position on the floor and looked at the young man. "Thank you for this. I haven't had such a fun spar in a good while. We should do this again sometime." If he was still on them, she would maneuver her legs out from under Toshi and get her feet back under her. She would also reach out and offer a hand up to him. Hoshirei had a full grin on her face and some of her hair had come loose from her braid from the wind Toshi had been throwing around the room. She would almost look younger with how happy she looked.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hopefully I'll know a ton of good techniques by then." Though all the fun was over, there was one thing still on the boy's mind. 'I don't know. It looks like I don't have control over my ice abilities anymore.' He kept a cheerful aura as Hoshi continued speaking. "Of course! I'm always open to doing missions for the village. We could go on one whenever you see fit." He opened his eyes, see Hoshi above him with a hand to help him up. Taking her hand, he stood to his feet.

He decided to address what he felt about his ice abilities. "Hey Hoshi, I think my water abilities are fading away. I don't mean to sound like a sore loser, but my handle on those techniques I remember from my more inexperienced days, are fading away." He looked over as he began to demonstrate one of the rather tougher techniques to pull off from his clan. From the puddle of water that he produced earlier, he would begin to crystalize a mirror of ice out of the puddle. The mirror was only half way completed and came out in a form that wasn't exactly ice. It maintained a solid foundation, though water dripped melting away it's form. Releasing the technique, a puddle of water fell back to the floor. "Also, I can clean this mess up for you. I got a bit into it with the wind and everything, but that battle also helped me feel free. And I want to thank you for that."

The boy bowed to Hoshi. Once again looking into her eyes he was glad that he accompanied her to her clan home. There was so much more to explore within the shinobi world.

[ MFT | WC: +250 ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back