Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Dreaming Big

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Once a week, Kani would take herself into KyoSoKuRe to give out some homemade candies and other snacks. She made this habit after she was enrolled in the classes at the academy in order to keep a humble reminder of where she has come from. Even though she's not made a name for herself or graduated, she knew that staying focused on why she wanted to be a shinobi would help her in the long run. Today she set up her stand and was making some Dragon's Beard Candy, a hand pulled honey candy that once done was similar to cotton candy in flavor. Kids in the district knew that she would be setting up shop soon, and for the cost of their name or a good story they could get a nice treat for the midday break.

The busy first few hours began to lull and now she was simply standing at her cart pulling thread after thread without a person to speak with. "sixteen thousand, thirty two thousand, sixty four thousand." She mumbled to herself as she pulled the candy. It was the last batch of the honey she had, so maybe someone would be lucky enough to get a one million thread snack if they came along, but if not she'd be happy to finish it herself. She continued to double the threads until.. SNAP

She fell backwards onto her rear end as the candy popped off the cart's holder, letting out a genuine laugh as she landed. She knew she was getting a bit carried away with how thin she was making it, but she wanted to try and get her mom's "angel hair" style down this time. The risk was worth the laugh in her eyes, what was a little embarrassment for an afternoon well spent anyhow. She stood and dusted herself off looking around to see if anyone had caught the mess up on her part.

Hisako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Hisako found herself wandering around the city, exploring it and committing it to memory, every so often. It was a thing she did just to keep her memory banks up to date with the latest changes in the city, of which there were... A lot, to say it mildly. After the corruption her memory banks had experienced she found herself wanting to refresh the data in them more often, to ensure that bitrot didn't set in and cause her to lose more of her memories. She had already lost so much, she didn't want to lose any more.

She was currently wandering around the shopping area in the fairly recently renovated Cronopolis district, looking at the various shops and the wares they had on display. She wasn't really looking for anything in particular, just browsing. Given her work as a Genin, she didn't have the biggest stipend to spend, but given that she didn't eat or drink, and only really needed a place to store herself when charging, she didn't spend much at all and had a fair amount saved up for whatever she desired. That is... If she had the ability to feel desire. She was fully artificial, but Kitsune, her creator, did install an emotion circuit in her, desire just wasn't something that'd manifested yet. Maybe it would some day.

"sixteen thousand, thirty two thousand, sixty four thousand." Hisako could hear as she turned a corner, and spotted a redheaded girl pulling some form of substance over some form of holder until it snapped and she fell backwards. Hisako blinked a few times at the sudden outburst of laughter. That was not the usual response from someone that'd just taken a tumble. She stepped closer to the girl and her cart, "Are you alright?" she asked, with a slight tone of concern in her voice, "That looked to be quite the tumble."

[MFT; WC: 315]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Regular walks around the districts had become something of a hobby for Sadao, having come to appreciate the sights and sounds of the locals working away to improve the village in their own ways, watching the craftsmen use skills they had built up over their lives to perform their crafts in a proficient and elegant manner, Something he could easily appreciate no matter how often he saw it. Slight traces of dirt on muck that hadn't quiet been removed from his own features showed signs he had been training before coming here, a slight trace of sweat and exhaustion on his face.

Eyes wandering into the distance he could see a familiar face, or more obvious, the red hair of his fellow academy student shortly following by her rather ungraceful tumble down as he chuckled to himself making his way over with a casual stride, She seems fine considering her chuckle but it wouldn't hurt to check anyway.

Getting closer it seemed someone had already approached Kani to check if they were already, taking a moment to think it perhaps would have been kinder to hasten over to do the same as Sadao sighed, scratching the back of his head and moving to join to two to hear Hisako's question speaking up as well in a curious tone. "Have to agree on that one, you doing feeling ok?" He tilted his head to the side making his curiosity at what she had been doing more obvious.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani got red in the face, as she was known for at this point, and tucked her hand behind her head rubbing nervously. "Tis but a scratch," she giggled out, "but thank you, oh hey.. Sadao right? we are in class together sometimes." She smiled at the familiar face before looking back at the person she'd not met, admittedly it was even more embarrassing to fall in front of not only a classmate but some cute girl she'd never met too. Just her luck to have this happen when she was trying to do something nice. "oh um.." She held out a hand to the stranger "I'm Kani"

She was at least happy that this little accident would lead to conversation. She was desperate for it, always. Her days were spent being the waitress, chef, and daughter, so when she got the chance to be Kani she took it. It was times like these she got to be herself, and well what better first impression than this.

Hisako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Aegis.full.3907754.jpg
Hisako shook the hand held out towards her "I am Hisako." she replied, before letting go of the hand, "If you require medical assistance, I can help. I have all recorded first aid techniques stored in my memory banks." she added, offering her help in case Kani needed it. It was quite obvious that Hisako wasn't like other... People. Her manner of speaking was highly structured, and without any contractions, for some odd reason. It's not like her programming didn't allow for it, it just never clicked for her.

"I am curious. What was it you were making?" she asked, gesturing to the hairy candy strands, genuinely curious as to what it was. Though, if offered any, she'd politely decline given that, well, she didn't eat or drink. She was fully powered by the perpetual chakra engine installed in her chest, initialized by the Raikage before she'd assumed that position. Yes, Hisako was a construct built by Shinrya Kitsune, and her primary directive was to learn everything she could, and entering it into the databanks in the laboratory in the Torre Empirea so it could be reproduced for storage in the village library, and eventually spread throughout the country for the benefit of everyone..

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taking a sigh of relief that she wasn't hurt Sadao nodded to confirm her statement. "That we are though I tend to be fairly quiet in class so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't recognise me." It was true that while the boy wished to get to know his fellow students old habits die hard and his rather distinct lack of social initiative only made that harder, turning for a moment to address Hisako not wanting to be rude and giving a bow in greeting. "A pleasure to meet you Hisako, I am Shirai Sadao."

Looking over the cart and Kani in general Sadao couldn't help but be curious as well. "Got to say that is on my mind as well, whatever it is it seems to be keeping you busy at least." While his attention was indeed focused on his classmate it was hard to ignore the manner of speaking Hisako had shown thus far, moreover the statement of memory banks caused his to raise an eyebrow shaking it off before addressing her. "Sorry to deviate from your question by the way but, memory banks?" There was as slight pause before he said it, hoping that such a direct question would not come off as rude.

Safe to say it was rather hard for the student to subdue his more curious tendencies, ever since he entered the world at large there was so much information to gather that he sometimes got ahead of himself regarding what would be socially acceptable though such a thing rarely occurred to him until after the fact though if he didn't get any response it would make a good mental note for the future not to ask such direct questions. At the end of the day the end goal of Sadao's little strolls around the area were to make more friends and connections with his fellow Shinobi.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani's eyes lit up with excitement, she immediately leaned toward Hisako as she spoke. "WAIT memory banks?! You're wait really no way. You're an automaton?! That's sooo cool!" She laughed noticing the features now that she was standing. She was soaking it all in and in the way Kani did, immediately becoming overly excited about it.

"Oh.. uh.. no I'm okay, just clumsy. That's normal though, but uhmm.." She looked to the cart "that was going to be dragons beard candy, but now it.. it's two of them really." Her smile turned in that moment to a look of disappointment, almost a little too much for the given scenario. "Help yourself sadao.. it's made from honey so it's really good."

Hisako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Hisako wasn't used to being the center of attention like this, and she leaned backwards a little. "Correct. Memory banks. I am a fully artificial construct, created by my Mistress, the Raikage Shinrya Kitsune." she said to answer them both, replicating a slight smile "I have a query. What is dragons beard candy?" she asked of Kani, as it wasn't a thing she knew about.

While awaiting an explanation, Hisako took in the entire scene, especially the cart itself, committing it to memory. Sure, candy might not be healthy, or good for the body in the long term, but it might hold some short term benefit, like releasing dopamine because of the recipient's brain going 'yay, we're getting a reward now' in the form of sugar. It would have to be investigated, is what Hisako decided upon.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadao was somewhat shocked at the answer, being stunned into a short silence before snapping back to reality with a cough to adjust himself. "I see, I must say very impressive by the Raikage though at the same time I will be sure to treat you as I would anyone else, sorry if I was rather blunt in bringing it up." It seemed he would be able to meet all kinds of unique people the more he explored the village, even taking pause to wonder what kind of abilities and technology could change people the way they do before turning his attention back to Kana.

"Oh! Thank you Kani" Taking one of the sweets the boy popped it into his mouth, curious what the taste and texture would be like. "Do you come out here to do this kind of thing often? and do you make them yourself." He couldn't help but feel slightly bad, not wanting her to have too many questions thrown her way at once, taking yet another moment to reel himself in with a slight blush upon realising he was getting a bit ahead of himself. "Sorry was just a bit curious."

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani smiled at the curious questions from the pair and motioned for them to follow her. "So.." She pulled out a piece of solid honey about the size of a bowl. "This is how it starts.." She tapped the piece on the cart to show it was in fact hardened. "But with some effort.."

She took the piece and drilled a hole into the center with a mortar, placing it down into corn starch and gently pulling. She'd pull and move it, then pull again until it formed a ring that was easily five times the size of the initial piece. "Now's the fun part, we fold." She folded it into an eight shape and then over on itself, repeating the process as she counted, "two, four, eight, sixteen, thirty two, sixty four, one hundred twenty eight.." She would keep going in this process, each time she did it became thinner and thinner strands. Eventually she had several thousand strands in her hands, she ran it through a stick and heald it up, the candy resembling hair at this point. "And now it's dragon's beard, just sugary goodness that is sweet and lovely."

The texture was a little weird, as it was like chewing on melting silk strands, but the flavor was similar to that of cotton candy. "I try to come out here once a week, not always with this but.. with stuff for the kids that have nothing going on you know? I don't think it's much, but if it makes one person's day better then.. Then I'm doing my part." She smiled warmly at the two of them, though her inner dialogue was a little different.

She was stuck in thought about two things, 'what.. what would she want to learn this for? it seems so mundane, maybe she's just humoring me' and 'Sadao doesn't care about the process just answer their questions dummy. they're being nice don't mess it up.' Always much crueler to herself than the reality of the situation, but she was a perfectionist and was miserably out of her element.

[Mft]
[wc 346]

Hisako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Hisako gave a light nod in acknowledgement of Sadao's statement that he'd treat her like anyone else. "It is perfectly alright. I know that I am very different, and that is also okay." she said, disregarding the part about being blunt about it as that was also fine. When Kani demonstrated how to make the candy itself, Hisako paid close attention, making mental notes of how it worked and how the honey seemed to change structure when stretched out, and yet it was still just honey. The ingenuity of people never got old to Hisako, and that was what she was really out here studying.

"You are a kind person, Kani-san." Hisako said, as if that was just an indisputable fact of life, "I am sure the children appreciate you coming around to spread some joy in their daily lives." she added, looking around the area. It wasn't the best part of town for sure, but it was most definitely better than it used to be. The new residences and whatnot helped to get people off the streets and into actual homes. Even the people that didn't have anything could get an apartment so they'd at least have a roof over their head. It was yet another of the things that the Raikage had seen to once she came into power, and for all Hisako knew, it wouldn't be the last time something like that happened.

"I am curious. What else do the two of you do in the village?" she inquired, looking at each of them. She was genuinely curious, as she hadn't really interacted much with anyone in the village beyond the staff at the hospital where she spent most of her time relaying information before her memory corruption. Now, afterwards, she'd only really met a few people in the Torre Empirea, as well as the participants of that one class she was in to test herself.

[MFT; WC: 317]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He listened intently to each and ever word a look of concentration on his face and hand resting against his chin as the student watched the process of creating the sweets happily eating the one he had taken. "A rather elegant process and the end result is tasty that much I can say for certain." He smiled to his fellow student, happy that he had been given the chance to eat one turning his attention to Hisako and nodding in agreement. "I know I am happy to receive one you are very kind hearted Kani to do this of your own accord."

It was something that made him think about his own life, up until now he had just focused on his own studies and growth but never truly given thought to the people around him or what could be done to make their live better, the sheltered life he had lead up until now becoming more and more of a hinderance as time passed. "At the very least I'm sure you can make someone's day with a kind gesture like this especially for those who don't have much to themselves in the first place."

There was a moments pause to Hisako's question, sheepishly scratching the back of his head with a sigh. "I'm only a student right now, just trying to learn as much as I can though I don't really know what I want to do with that learning right now." It was rather embarrassing to admit that he had no goal right now, still just taking each day as it came and not really trying to think too far ahead. "I know I want to help the village in some way, I just don't know what that way will be just yet."

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani would blush immensely as though in an admittedly colder than normal fashion, she decided the compliment from Hisako. The embarrassment and red would only worsen when it came from a second source. Her smile would grow and before she could even think, she was beginning to stumble through her words.

"Oh.. geez well.. um.. th-thanks you two.. that's awfully kind t-to say" her hands came together as she began to visibly bounce in place.

"I um.. I hope when I get out of the academy I'll still have time to do it. I'm not sure where I'll end up either but.. I hope .. ya.."

She continued to listen and bounce gently in place, feeling absolutely smitten with the compliments and kind words. Something about this interaction was hitting Kani just right, where she couldn't begin to wipe the smile from her face, or sit still for that matter.

Hisako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"I see. So you are both students, then." she stated, "I have only experienced one class. What have your school lives been like?" she asked, genuinely curious. She'd been thrown off the deep end into the medical field back when she'd been constructed, but had since expanded her horizons to include metallurgy, engineering, and all sorts of other more technical things. She'd never experienced a "normal" school life, and was curious as to what it was like.

It was kind of odd. Hisako felt as if the corrpution plaguing her memory banks was getting better through interactions with these two, and she was grateful for that. It still worried her that it'd happened in the first place, because what if it could happen again? She didn't want to lose her memories, or her personality, or anything else that made her who she was. Fortunately, she had people to rely on, like her creator, and Rei, and hopefully now these two as well. Kani being all smiling and happy made Hisako reach out, and pat her gently on the head. Kani was a good bean after all.

"I used to work at the hospital, in the medical branch, but now I perform administrative duties at the Torre Empirea, under the Main Branch Sennin, Ryuu Rei. So if you want, I can tell you both about those experiences." she offered, in case they wanted to know more about her, but also her past experiences. Given that she didn't need sleep, and could recharge most places, she was usually either working or researching something new that caught her attention.

[MFT; WC: 264]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No need for thanks, you deserve the compliment." She seemed happy about it, safe to say Kani was probably one of the happiest people Sadao had met so far, pondering for a moment and thinking about what she'd said. "I'm sure you will, even though we'll probably have a lot more jobs to do from that point and training to get on with everyone gets some kind of down time right?" There was a hope that would be the case, otherwise Sadao could easily see themselves suffering something of a burnout before they even reached Chunin.

Turning to Hisako, Sadao was rather ashamed to admit he hadn't done much yet. "I've only taken a few classes in rather general things, nothing specific has really come up yet and I'm not too sure what I want to learn as I stated, if you wouldn't mind telling me a bit about medical I would appreciate the insight." He seemed rather happy about the thought of learning about one of the branches a bit more in depth, while he could study as much as he wanted on his own nothing could really compare to someone who had actually worked within the branch and the people who reside within it, though He'd never really seen himself as a medic perhaps what Hisako had to say would broaden his horizons.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She hid her internal squeezing as she received head pats. She was the type that receiving any sort of affection from others was well received in her book, but this was special too because she was fascinated with the automaton woman. "I uh.. I have my first mission tomorrow, and classes I've been doing a few, it's fun and the students are all very nice to me. I couldn't imagine a better start than this honestly. I feel rather invincible at the moment, like I'm flying on the clouds. Everyone is super helpful, kind, and I've made friends with every.. almost everyone." There was a small hesitation in her voice as she thought about the girl who made her vomit during her class. They weren't friendly yet, but at least everyone else she met had become a fast friend to her.

Hisako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"The medical branch is not just for repairing injuries, it is also the place where research into new cures and procedures are performed. I assisted with some of these things in the past." Hisako stated to Sadao, "I would recommend seeking out a medical chief or the medical sennin for further information if your goal is to join the branch." she added. "I am sure they would be happy to answer any questions you have." she finally finished, before looking to Kani. "Well, from what I have observed so far, I can understand why others are nice to you. You are, as my creator would put it: a good bean." Hisako said, and gave a light smile. Sure she might be a construct, but she did have an emotions chip.

As for the mission Kani had mentioned, Hisako was sure it'd go just fine. "I am sure you will do just fine on your mission." she said, in her typical fashion, not contracting any words for some odd reason. As time had passed with the events here, Hisako recieved a message on her internal communications system. There was a situation that required her attention, and as such, she excused herself, and would head off towards the Torre Empirea. "I apologize, but I have just been informed of a situation that requires my attention at the Torre Empirea. It was nice meeting you both. Good luck with the mission tomorrow, Kani." she said, before heading off. It was gonna be... A day. That was for sure.

[Topic Left; MFT; WC: 254]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sadao seemed rather disheartened being reminded that missions were ongoing at that time, still having not participated in one himself the boy was rather apprehensive about doing so just yet. "I really need to catch up to you all, I'm still trying to figure out what Jutsu I want to specialize in right now never mind thinking about going on missions just yet." It was rather embarrassing for him to admit but he hadn't even figured out what kind of shinobi he wanted to be just yet, still wandering between his notes on each of the subtypes and spending his evenings pondering on how he wanted to spend his time learning.

Snapping his attention back to Hisako as she explained it was the most in depth explanation of one of the branches the young student had gotten up until that point, nodding in understanding as she spoke scratching his chin and nodding. "I'll keep that in mind and be sure to seek them out at some point if that's the path I decide to walk down, maybe speaking to them will help me figure out what I want to be in that regard." Giving her a wave as she walked away the boy placed his hands back into his pockets with a sigh.

"So many interesting people to meet in this village, makes me wonder what I have been missing out on all this time."

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani looked up at him and smiled before waving to Hisako, "nice meeting you" she called out after her.

"No absolutely a ton of interesting people.. hey can I ask you a hypothetical? We've hung out a couple times now, and class and what not.. do you um.. what's your opinion of me? Be honest I won't be offended I just.. I want to know what you see. I have thoughts about things, but I always feel less seen than just nodded to. Not by you though, or Shinsetsu, but like.. by the umm well you know."

Her words were jumbled and almost pointless in all actuality. She was asking sure, but his answer only carried a little weight in the awkward question Kani was truly asking. She had little time to speak with others, so this might be her only chance to do so. However, after she finished she realized how weird a question that really was, especially out of no where. Her cheeks reddened and she began to wave her arms in front of her as if dismissing herself intentionally.

"Actuallyonsecondthoughtdontanswerthatitdoesntmatteritsallfineokay, okay? okay, good"

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After watching Hisako walk away for a short moment the student's attention was immediately returned to Kani, taking a moments pause to her question taking a breath in to answer before being stunned by her string of words becoming somewhat frozen in that instant before clearing his throat and answering. "No, no it's ok, while a bit out of the blue I appreciate you can ask such an honest question even though we haven't known each other that long." It was moments like this that were more interesting to Sadao than anything else, it gave a glimpse into the lives of people he wanted to call his friends.

"In my opinion from here and our few meetings I'd say you are quite the positive person, you being this..." There was a short pause, trying to think of the best word to describe the sensation. "I'd say vibrant aura to a conversation, an energy that comes across as friendly and approachable, personally that's why I find it so easy to speak to you when we first met." There was a soft smile on the boys face as he sheepishly scratched the back of his head. "Since then my opinion of you has only grown."

He made a brief gesture to the cart and sweets, still able to taste a tinge of honey from the one he had tasted early. "The fact you do things like this shows you're kind hearted and willing to do things to bring that same joy you give off to other people." There was a moment of confusion on his face, thinking about what Kani had said to him. "From the way you worded that question I suspect you have had something of an issue with someone recently, or maybe you feel as if your simply being ignored and if that is the case then if you ask me I'd say that person either doesn't know you well enough or is rather short sighted."

His words were earnest, Sadao being who he is was never afraid to speak his mind and be blunt with his personal feelings when the time came, though a slight sigh came from him in that moment fidgeting with his hair. "Sorry if I said a bit too much, I know we haven't known each other very long but that's at least the impression I've gotten so far."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back