Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Echoes of Ancient Stone [Open RP]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
How strange it was to see the enigmatic and hermit-like Satsumaru in the Halls of Learning. For what the rumors tell, the young master held a vast and expansive library of his own within the walls of his estate. Then again, that's all they were...rumors. It was said that only his attendant has ever been allowed to step foot within the long-haired Uchiha's estate, making him all the more curious to locals. But then, seeing the ebon-robed man pore over old texts made the rumors seem questionable. If his library was so vast, he wouldn't need to visit the Halls to read.

Yet, there he sat, at a table that no one else seemed to want to join. Satsumaru's crimson eyes washed over every page of the texts he had piled in front of him, his lips tight and his expression focused. The majority of the visitors passed by and went along their business, but a few watched the odd shinobi from nearby tables and shelves of their own. Some were uneasy with his presence, while others were simply interested in the mysterious Jounin. He wasn't much of a public figure, to say the least, but as a veteran shinobi, there was a tale or two about his past that surfaced here or there. For good or bad, it was likely part of the reason why so many were interested in him. Either way, it was obvious that Satsumaru didn't notice a bit. He seemed mesmerized by the books and scrolls in front of him...

[For Kumiko, but others are welcome to join us.]

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As of late the only time the female Uchiha graced the halls of the Grand Library was when her twin needed her to run errands for what ever project he had going at the time. It irked her but in the end doing what he asked was always better than the guilt trip. Plus Kumiko had the day off today, a rare occurrence, yet information her twin Bruinetto always seemed to know. Last time walking down these halls, only days prior, she ran into none other than the Steward himself. ' I wonder who I'll run into this time. It seems I can't enter this place without running into someone. But then again that means i'll be late delivering Bruinetto his books....' She couldn't help but grin at the later part of her thought. It would serve him right for always having her do his errands.

After a few moments Kumiko carried a pile of five books ranging from mechanics to minerals found in Suna. However, browsing through the jutsu, the young Uchiha discovered a title which intrigued her. A book about shadow affinity, though it was mainly about the Nara clan. Adding it to the pile Kumiko scanned the room for a table to sit at. The longer it took her the better, in her opinion. So finding the first unoccupied seat she placed the books on the table and sat down, not really paying attention to the man already sitting at the table.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The shock of someone sitting at the same table shook Satsumaru from his book-induced stupor, though the slender girl was hardly one whose movements would cause a stir. The young man lifted his eyes from his text, taking subtle glances at the girl to see who chose to sat near him when so many others left him alone. He didn't mind, of course, but it was strange to see that someone else wasn't worried that he might mind it.

At first, he put his crimson gaze back to his books, but the thought of conversation nagged at him. It was one of those situations where it almost seemed like he was supposed to talk to her, given the odd circumstances. After a moment or so of failing to focus on his book, the long-haired Jounin looked up and grinned.

"And what about the shadows interests you so much, young lady?" he asked.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It hadn't occurred to her to make conversation with the man sitting across from her. A library was a place of solace. A place for inner thought and interest. Not exactly the best place for a social occasion. with her brother's book stacked to her side, each book spin facing away from Kumiko, one would be able to read each title. One consisted of mechanics, one minerals, one genetics, another wielding, and the final a mythical history of Suna. All in all it was a wide range of topics. Out of them all only the one of genetics would have interested her. However she now held the book on the Nara clan. At first she merely skimmed through the first couple pages, finding the history rather uninteresting. It was at this time the man across from her spoke up.

Lifting her onyx gaze away from the pages before her, she finally took the time to take in the man before her. She didn't really recognize him yet at the same time he had a familiar quality to him. Luckily he didn't make with small talk about the weather or introductions, instead cutting straight to the point. " I recently discovered I possess an affinity for it. So instead of blindly training it I thought it better to inform myself to better my training. "

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her response brought another grin, as Satsumaru gave a knowing nod.

"I see. Would that all our village's ranks were as wise, not a single shinobi would fall in battle. Unfortunately, most of our younger men and women are too eager for their own good, and tend to rush into situations they aren't prepared for. It's good to hear that you're not one of them. It seems you and I have more than one thing in common," the long-haired Jounin remarked, gazing at the young woman as he spoke.

At last, he closed the book in front of him, pushing it aside to focus on the girl and their new-found conversation.

"It's astounding how much more you can accomplish if you plan ahead and understand your path before embarking upon it. I am what I am, in all ways, because of this fact. I imagine the same is true for you," Satsumaru explained, scanning her a moment, "I am Uchiha Satsumaru. If I might ask, what is your name?"

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kumiko was by no means a veteran shinobi, being fifteen years of age. By rank she was probably that of a chunnin, since her placement was within ANBU. Yet by how she was raised she normally acted much older and mature than most others her age. Of course she was also a genius, which she down played most of the time, so that was a factor as well. " Well I am not exactly a regular shinobi. I was raised to do things right. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. " Her eyes skimmed over a few more pages before a single word caught her full attention. Uchiha.

Her eyes darted up from the pages, a slight surprised look crossing over her features. " It seems I'm meeting many Uchiha these days in places I least expected. First the Stewards mother, which means the Steward himself is part Uchiha, and now you. It's rather interesting. " She couldn't help the small smile playing at her lips. " My name is Uchiha Kumiko. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsumaru let out a momentary chuckle when Kumiko revealed herself to be an Uchiha. How interesting.

"Indeed, many of our bloodline have found a home in the desert. I used to stay isolated from our kind. But...then I realized it was a waste to hide something you excel at. And while there are a great many Uchiha in the world, I can assure you that I am not like the rest," he promised with a wry grin. It was a bold statement to make to another Uchiha, but he knew it was true.

Looking over the girl once more, he went on to say, "But that is what makes us interesting, isn't it? For all our similarities, we each have our own unique skills and methods. While is is certainly a pleasure to meet you, I find the meeting only tempts my curiosity, for one of our kind can only truly be known through battle."

How interesting that would be...

"Perhaps one day soon, we may find ourselves in such a position. After all, it's been a while since I've been on a mission..." Satsumaru remarked, his devilish eyes still locked on the girl.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It appeared her fellow Uchiha found this scenario amusing as well. Also claiming he wasn't like most Uchiha, a pretty bold statement. Then again Kumiko thought the same of herself. " I always thought we were few in number however it's the opposite. The Uchiha are simply dispersed amongst other clans in these modern times. Our blood is so diluted now. Many possess our blood but are unable to unlock its potential. Much like the Steward. "

He continued speaking of their clan or more so about the individuals within it. The thought of fighting another Uchiha sent a wave of excitement through her body. She couldn't remember the last time she fought her brother. His training grounds were no longer the academy sands but the workshop within their basement. " I have been very curious about other clan members. Mainly because of myself and my twin brother, Bruinetto. Of course we both excel in typical Uchiha traits. But even though we are twins we possess different affinities and specialize in different fighting styles. "

Going back to the idea of fighting Satsumaru, it intrigued her. Greatly. " I could use a new sparring partner. "

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I believe you're right," he replied with a nod, "It seems most Uchiha out there are hardly Uchiha at all. Their blood is diluted and mixed with the rest of the clans. Such is the way of the world, I suppose, but it seems a waste. In order for a clan to remain strong, it's bloodline and arts must be kept strong."

At the news of a twin brother, Satsumaru was a bit surprised. Twin Uchiha? That was an interesting revelation. He had never heard of such a thing, and could only imagine what sort of training and mission performance that might lead to between the two when paired together.

Leaning back in his chair, the long-haired master remarked, "Perhaps you and your brother should visit my home some time. I have a training yard and supplies. If you'd like, we could have a test of our abilities and you could stay for a meal afterward. I have guest rooms and amenities, so if you and your brother would like to freshen up after the chaos that is bound to come of a spar between Uchiha and before sitting for a meal, there are working showers within private rooms."

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her own family was an example of this theory Kumiko spoke of. Her father had been married off to the eldest daughter of the Fujikaru clan. A clan who joined together with their rival clan, the Seishou, to form the Jensaido clan. The marriage took place to strengthen ties with the Jensaido and help elevate the Jensaido within the Sunagakure nobility. Her brother would one day be head of the Jensaido, if the Uchiha elder had his way. " That's one way to look at it. Another is the political advantage the Uchiha have by having placements within all these sects. It's a complicated game which we are all pieces in. " Kumiko was well aware of her own part within this game. Once she came of age she too would be married off for political gain.

She smiled at Satsumaru as he invited her and her twin into his home. " It would be a pleasure. My brother and I have ... a difference in opinion when it comes to training. He doesn't actually go by the name Uchiha. He has taken our mother's maiden name, Jensaido, and will one day be the head of that clan. I on the other hand wish to up hold the Uchiha traditions." Though try as she might her efforts to please her father were usually in vain. " Where as I prefer a more hands on approach to training he prefers to tinker with his projects in the workshop. Maybe this invitation will get him out and about for once. "

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The best part about the game is that even pawns can become kings if we play it right..." Satsumaru remarked with a wry grin.

Breathing deeply, he shook off the telling subject and went on to note, "I'll write to you once preparations are made, then. I would imagine a day would suffice, so keep the day after tomorrow open, if possible. That should give my attendant time to plan ahead."

Though his expression was as stoic and cold as ever, he was really moved with anticipation. Establishing contact and relations with another branch of Uchiha - named thusly or not - had great potential. There would be much to talk about, and much to learn from one another, that much was certain...

"There will be a great deal of benefit for both our houses from this event," Satsumaru noted, "A sparring match will explain our natures, and sitting together and sharing a meal will grant us time and opportunity to discuss our futures. I'm sure your family has plans, and I have many of my own. Perhaps some time together will show whether or not we might be able to assist one another."

While unaffected by any filial responsibilities, Satsumaru was a man of other plans. Despite his earlier statement about maintaining the bloodline, he wasn't the least bit interested in marriage or children as Kumiko's family seemed to be. However, he had goals in mind for other ventures, and from the sound of it, her family might be willing to join him in the undertakings...

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
" Yes. But pawns can also be easily sacrificed. " Which one Kumiko was she wasn't sure. She knew her father thought of her as the later.

At this point Kumiko closed the book she had previous been skimming through. This conversation was much more interesting than learning about her shadow affinity. She felt physical training would bare more fruit than studious training. " That's sounds good to me. I don't think I am scheduled for any long term missions within the next few days. As for my brother I'll have to pry him away. I'm sure that shouldn't be as troublesome as I think, I'm sure. " Maybe she'd just have to embellish it a little. For all she knew he might be in for some actual training for once. " Yes. I'm sure it will. My father is always eager for beneficial alliances. And I am sure he will inform the elder as well. Not much happens within the Uchiha that man doesn't know about. "

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"So can kings," Satsumaru quipped with a devilish grin. The glare in his eyes seemed almost otherworldly.

Tapping an idle index finger on his book, he looked down to the text and went on to say, "Inform your brother that I have research of my own, though mine is more academic than practical. Perhaps by learning more about you and your line, I could share some secrets of my own. And your father may rest easy in the knowledge that, in the matter of Sunan Uchiha, I am no small figure. I would go so far as to posit that, according to most current records and some of the aforementioned secrets, I may be the strongest living Uchiha in the village. Regardless, our spar should provide you with a judgment to give your father."

"It'll be beneficial for us all, that I can promise you," the crimson-eyed Uchiha noted, looking up from his text to offer a pleasant smile, "We are of the same clan, after all. Even if not as friends, we can coexist as allies."

Some people in the past had warned the Council and his superiors that Satsumaru was unnervingly scheming. Whereas such concern was once at the forefront of Satsumaru's files, his loyalty was gradually made unquestionable. Schemes were often thought to be the death of Kage or their would-be assassins - as well as the various men and women caught in between. Satsumaru's schemes, even if self-serving in the least, always proved to be for the good of the village. He hoped that this new-found plan to make some sort of ties with another branch of Uchiha would be such a plan, and would make both the Uchiha clan and Sunagakure stronger...

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kumiko couldn't help but think how pleased her father, and Uchiha elder, would be with this news. Within her branch of Uchiha she always strived for both their approval, their praise. But somehow it was always Bruinetto who received all the credit. Maybe this time would be different. Either way this would be benefical to Kumiko. " How would you know you are the strongest Uchiha if you haven't fought me yet? " She returned with her own devilish grin.

As for the plans and day of their spar everything appeared to be in order. Taking a pencil and scrap piece of paper Kumko would right down her and Bruinetto's address. " This is where you can send the letter once your preparations are complete. There shouldn't be a problem with the day. But I do think I should be going. My brother is expecting these books for his latest project. "

OOC: read to start that post with bruinetto when ever. I've told him about it

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taking the paper she gave him, Satsumaru quickly placed it within his loose black robes.

"I look forward to meeting him, then. And seeing you once more," the crimson-eyed Uchiha spoke, "Until that time, farewell."

With that, he himself rose to leave, shutting his book and turning to walk away. For as interesting as the book had been, he had found a subject far more interesting to ponder. Azumi would need to prepare, and supplies would have to be procured to host their guests...

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back