Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Enlightenment it is! [Private/Tutor]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shikyu gawked at the statue of Shinbatsu, staring down at him from the gate of the Colosseum. This place was absolutely immense. Today was training day apparently, and there were quite a number of people around, performing various bits of training. Some were practicing various types of elemental Jutsu, sending streams of water or swathes of earth at each other. Then there were those that were engaged in more physical forms of fighting, using different types of weapons against each other. They all looked amazing. Shikyu was amazed at what he was seeing, and could not quite wait to learn (or rather, relearn, potentially) some of these Jutsu. He had recently often wondered what his past self was like. Selves, even.

Well, maybe he will discover it through today's training. Or maybe, whoever his mentor is, they might teach him something he had no previous experience with. Whatever the case, he was going to try his best.

150385.jpg

Shikyu checked over himself one last time, just to be sure everything was in place. Well, there was not really much about him to really even check. He wore a Kumo headband, and a standard Chuunin vest. He did have a jacket, but he had left that to the side, folded up neatly, feeling that he would soon be all heated up from the training.

FTFgtHi.png

Shikyu rested his right hand on Mune no Ogotsuchi, and the blade began to glow. He was given this a while back, and had now grown to become somewhat attached to it. He felt he had a special connection to it, despite being randomly given the blade. Maybe there was something to it? Who knows. It was not as if the blade only glow when he held on to it or anything like that.

Anyways, all he must do now, is wait.

[EDIT]

OOC:

WC: 304/1500

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Not only was it training day, it was also a beautiful, albeit slightly chilly day. Clear skies, a bright sun, a light breeze… All factors in making it beautiful in Kitsunes mind. It had been quite a while since she had last wandered around the Colosseum, but she figured she might be able to provide some assistance to the people training if, or when, rather, they got hurt. There was also the primary objective of tutoring someone that a colleague of hers had requested. Sendatsu-kun, always with the funky requests… Kitsune thought to herself while looking for someone matching the description she had been given.

Orangey-red hair… A chuunin vest… Headband… Scar on his cheek… Now where could such a person be hiding in this grand arena? She looked around with her right hand in her pocket, idly rolling the scroll she got from the council around in there. Finally she spotted someone that matched the description given and she walked over to the person. Hopefully he’d been told that she’d be arriving to teach him, if not, well, a simple explanation should clear it up without issue. As she walked over to him, she removed her hand from her pocket and let the scroll lie undisturbed.

”Shikyu-kun?” she asked, as she approached ”A colleague of mine asked me to tutor you. Would you be interested in that?” she continued and shifted her weight from one foot to the other ”I’ll say this in advance, I’m not a physical fighter. So I can’t teach you anything about taijutsu. But ninjutsu, and genjutsu? Perfectly capable of using those. So if there’s something from either of those two categories you’d like to learn about, I’m all ears.” she finished with a smile, placing a hand on her hip and taking stock of any reaction Shikyu might have, or not have.

[WC: 308; Total: 308/1500]
[Carrying council scroll]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiryu had been looking around for his mentor for quite some time now, wondering who it would be. Was it going to be some buff-looking person, ready to beat lessons into him? Or maybe someone more gentle, ready to guide him through it all? When Sendatsu was telling Shiryu that Shiryu would be receiving training from one of Sendatsu's colleagues, Sendatsu was in quite the rush and never bothered to actually describe what his colleague would look like - only that Shiryu should come here at this time, on this day. He did not even get a name out of Sendatsu.

Well then.

Scanning the Colosseum, he eventually spotted a red-haired woman seeming to be looking for someone as she wandered the place. Eventually, she locked eyes with him, and Shiryu presumed she was indeed his mentor, given that she decided to walk over. As she came close, she addressed him by his name before explaining to him what she might have in store for him.

Shiryu bowed politely, before raising his head and speaking. "Good morning. Thank you for agreeing to teach me. May I check, was it Monzaemon Sendatsu who asked you to teach me?" Shiryu asked, as he sheathed his blade. "Apologies if my blade might have indicated anything specific regarding what I am after today. It was just something I was given and could practice with, but is entirely optional. Sendatsu just wanted me to familiarize myself with new techniques that could allow me to actually go on missions. Again. Possibly. Possibly about the again bit I meant. I am not entirely sure. It's..."

Realizing that he was starting to ramble, Shiryu quickly moved the conversation on. "Apologies, my past is a bit complicated and hard to explain. Anyways, my name is Monzaemon Marushijūkyū, but I am often referred to as just Shiryu. I have read about the theoretical frameworks behind Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and Genjutsu so that is done. However, I am entirely unsure about how to perform most of it in person. Thus, in regards to your question of Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, I am extremely grateful that you are taking time out of your day to teach me, so please have your pick of what you would prefer to teach, Ms..." And that, was when Shikyu realized that he had been remiss. "Apologies a third time, it seems like I have not asked for your name. How many I address you?"

OOC:
Word count: 406
Total word count: 710/1500
[MFT]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune nodded as it was indeed Monzaemon Sendatsu who’d requested that she teach Shiryu ”Good morning, and yes, it was indeed Sendatsu-kun who asked me to teach you.” she said with a smile as Shiryu began explaining about the sword and that he wasn’t specifically after being taught in taijutsu, just… New techniques so he could go on missions again. ”Were you injured, perhaps? Since you can’t go on missions currently, I mean?” she inquired inquisitively, tipping her head slightly to the side while observing her trainee, but it seemed that she wouldn’t get a proper answer right away though.

Shiryu explained that his past was complicated and difficult to explain and then introduced himself as a Monzaemon, just like Sendatsu. No wonder the old man had wanted her to train him. Shiryu then went on to say that he’d studied the theories behind all three types of jutsu, so any would be adequate for him. Kitsune nodded and decided to teach him Ninjutsu, given the large array of techniques she knew. Finally, they got to the point where Kitsune had forgotten to give her name and Shiryu was asking for it ”Ah, Shinrya-san will do” she said ”Otherwise it gets too stuffy, I’d say.”

”So! I’ve decided to teach you about Ninjutsu. As you already know the theory behind it, why don’t we go over that to begin with?” she asked with a grin ”Here’s a few questions you should be able to answer easily. 1: How do we gather the chakra needed for performing ninjutsu? 2: Does an elemental affinity matter when performing a ninjutsu? And lastly 3: How do we test for elemental affinities?” The questions were simple enough, and the answers equally so. Handseals; Yes, they matter; Using chakra paper. They were that simple. It also made Kitsune wonder what kind of elemental affinity Shiryu would have so she withdrew a piece of chakra paper and held it in her hand until he’d answered her questions.

[WC: 330; Total: 638/1500; Post 2/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Awesome, Ninjutsu it is! While he had tried not to be choosey about what he was to lesrn, he had truly prefer Ninjutsu over Genjutsu. Reading up on them, it was not as if one was inherently more useful than the other, but he had to admit - Ninjutsu looked cooler, and seemed more generally useful.

"Okay... let's see now. So a person's body consists of a chakra circulation system. To be able to mold chakra, most people have to control the flow of chakra to concentrate it into specific regions and forms, which often essentially boils down to performing handseals that direct the flow. So that should be the answer to the first question. In regards to elemental affinity... the answer is yes, it could. Many Jutsu can be performed without the infusion of an element. By altering the elemental nature of chakra, we shinobi can change the nature of the Jutsu itself, giving it new properties. And lastly..." Shiryu's eyes were drawn downwards, at the piece of paper Kitsune was holding. "Lastly, we can test our elemental affinity using chakra paper. Simply by directing our chakra through the paper, it should reveal to us what our elemental affinities are. Lighting would crinkle the paper, wind would tear it, fire would burn it, water would drench it, and lastly, earth would crumble it. Does that sound right, Shinrya-san?"

Whew, that was a lot. Hopefully everything Shiryu read, he had remembered correctly.

OOC:
Word count: 244
Total word count: 954/1500

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune nodded. Everything Shiryu has just recited was correct. ”Absolutely correct, Shiryu-kun. Well done.” she said with a smile ”But then, can you tell me what would happen if one were to channel more than one type of elemental chakra into a piece of chakra paper then? The result might surprise you. Or it might not.” Kitsune added and held up the piece of paper before channeling her chakra into it. It was a short burst of power, but enough to hit the paper with every basic element, causing all five events to happen at the same time. And honestly? Seeing a soggy piece of paper on fire crumble into dust while being sliced to wrinkly bits was quite something.

”Now then.” Kitsune started and dragged over a target dummy ”Using this target dummy, I want you to show me what you’ve got and really hammer it. Ninjutsus only, no Taijutsu. And it’s a dummy so Genjutsu wouldn’t work, of course. Meanwhile, I’ll be measuring the amount of power by using my Sharingan eyes, which allow me to see chakra flow. It’ll also help me figure out if there’s any blockages in your chakra pathways, or ways you could perform your techniques better.”

She walked some ten steps away from the target dummy and focused her attention on Shiryu, keeping track of the slightest fluctuation in his chakra flow and being on standby with a medical jutsu at the ready in case Shiryu strained himself so hard he ruptured something like a part of his chakra coils or even bloodvessels. Being a trained mednin, she wasn’t about to let something happen to someone she was tutoring, unless that something was learning things they didn’t already know. ”Remember to stretch out, by the way. Wouldn’t want you to sprain something from overdoing it.” she said with a chuckle.

[MFT; WC: 307; Total: 945; Post 3/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oh. Shikyu had thought he was going to be able to test his chakra alignment then and there. No matter, he would just do it later. Plus, he got to witness something way cooler, and that was the multiple effects that Kitsune’s chakra infusion had on the chakra paper. Maybe he could try to incorporate that into his Jutsu later on… there was just so much to learn, so many possibilities to explore, and so many ideas to realize!

One thing at a time though, starting with Kitsune’s first lesson. For over a second, Shiryu looked at the dummy intensely, before turning to Kitsune. "Erm, Shinrya-san… I only know one offensive Ninjutsu… of sorts and… well I think maybe it is better if I show you."

Shikyu turned his attention to himself, and made sure that his blade was secure behind his back. He then shifted his focus on his right hand which he had raised palm-side facing him. He began whispering a few words underneath his breath and soon enough, each tip of his five fingers began to glow purple as chakra coalesced there. As Shikyu's focus intensified, the chakra concentrated even more, and the purple glow spread down his fingers to engulf his entire right hand. With that, Shikyu lowered his hand into striking pose, and ran at the dummy. A moment later, he was in front of the dummy, and without any reservation, struck the dummy with his right hand with all his might... causing nothing to happen. Lowering his right hand and regaining a less offensive pose, Shikyu turned towards Kitsune as the dummy rocked back and forth, before eventually coming to a stop.

"That's..." Shikyu's eyebrows furrowed slightly, as he remembered that he still had his Jutsu on. Shikyu eyes darted towards his right hand, as he released the chakra concentration on it and with a gentle shake, dissipated the chakra from his hand. Shikyu then turned towards Kitsune. "Shinrya-san, that is the only offensive Ninjutsu I know, and I was told to never under normal circumstances use that against a fellow human... Other than that, all I know are various defensive or support Ninjutsu. For some reason, I apparently know quite a few Medical Ninjutsu..." Shikyu explained, although he might be oblivious to any concern Kitsune might now be having about someone knowing the Cursed Sealing Jutsu. It was not too unusual for someone to know the Jutsu per se, but for Shikyu to know that particular Jutsu despite not knowing that many Jutsu to begin with, could be seen to be worrisome. Of course though, that was for Kitsune to decide.

OOC:
[MFT]
Word count: 438
Total word count: 1392/1500

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune shifted her weight from one foot to the other and raised an eyebrow at Shiryu’s words that he only knew one offensive technique. ”Yeah, you might be right. So go ahead and show me.” she said, waiting for the display, only to see the start of the cursed sealing jutsu, one she’d definitely not classify as straight up offensive. That’s… Definitely not what I had expected, I’d say. Kitsune decided in her mind and tilted her head a bit. Now why would the only offensive ninjutsu the kiddo knew be this? Sendatsu had a few questions to answer at some later time, that’s for sure.

”Well then. If that’s the only offensive technique you know, we’ll have to start at the basics, I suppose.” Kitsune said and furrowed her eyebrows ”So! Putting aside the questions of why that’s the only offensive ninjutsu you know, and I very loosely define it as offensive as next to no-one uses it in a battle, lets figure out what element or elements, you’re most attuned to.” she continued and handed Shiryu a piece of chakra paper for him to test his chakra with. Even if it only displayed affinity with one element, Kitsune was prepared to assist, as she had a mastery with all the base elements.

”So. You know a few things, but no real offensive techniques. I’m figuring there’s a reason you’re not aware of for that. Which is fine, I won’t grill you over it. Lets just focus on figuring out a plan to teach you some new stuff, shall we?” she said with a grin, ”Maybe we should start with something simple, like maybe a Storm Bolt, or a Stone Bullet. They’re both E-ranked techniques, so you should be able to grasp them with great ease. I’ve got a large array of things I can show you to begin with, if you’d like.”

[WC: 314; Total: 1259/1500]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Thank you." Shikyu acknowledged, as he took the chakra paper from Kitsune. In response to Kitsune's query about his seemingly random knowledge of Jutsus, Shikyu offered an explanation. "Myself, amongst many others, were patients of Sendatsu. We all suffered through a plague that apparently extensively mutated us, and over the recovery process, many, if not all of us lost our memories. Or much of it anyways. A lot of the Jutsu I know... the knowledge and memory of how to use them were triggered due to certain actions by people around me. However, it has been many months since anything last triggered, and Sendatsu has hypothesized that what I currently know were truly what I did know prior to succumbing to my disease - or that not everything we previous knew could be regained... Sendatsu fears the latter, for despite everything, none of us manage to ever remember much of our past at all, not in any form of detail. We don't know who we were, where we were from, any of that. Sendatsu suggests that the reason why we could regain skills, specifically, is that it is tied to our muscle memory and how we mold our chakra, and thus that leaves an imprint on our chakra. Everything else... is just gone from brain trauma..."

That, was pretty much the full story. Kitsune did not force him to tell it, but Shikyu felt like he wanted to nonetheless. Now that that is out of the way, time to concentrate on the matter at hand. "Alright... so just push my chakra through this, then..." Shikyu spoke out loud, as he looked down at the chakra paper he held between two fingers. Okay. Focus. And let's see! Shikyu closed his eyes for a second as he sent a stream of chakra through the paper. When he opened his eyes, the paper he held had already crunched up.

Shikyu looked up and at Kitsune. "Shinrya-san... looks like my elemental affinity is lightning then... I guess that means, storm bolt? That's a lightning Jutsu, is that right?"

Well, it is called storm bolt. Surely it has to be a lightning Jutsu, right?

OOC:
Word count: 363
Total word count: 1755/1500

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”I’ll have to say that I agree with the old man. His theory is solid, and I’d probably have arrived at the same conclusion. But, lets put the past aside and focus on the future. You wouldn’t have made it to Chuunin if you didn’t have potential. So how about we try our hand at unlocking some of that potential, hm?” she suggested and waited for Shikyu to push chakra to the paper so they could discover the element. Or elements. When he did so, it’d appear that he was attuned to lightning as the paper had gotten all wrinkly and crunched up.

It was a stronger reaction than she usually saw and she raised an eyebrow again. ”Lightning it is. And yes, Storm Bolt is indeed a lightning jutsu. Now watch closely.” she said and began forming a few handseals, doing them slowly for Shikyu’s benefit before unleashing a mastered Storm Bolt on the training dummy causing a large flash of lighting to strike it, leaving behind a scorch mark in the center of the chest. ”I’m sure that if you try, you might find yourself very capable of performing the same kinds of jutsu as I just performed here.”

If all went well, Shikyu might even find himself capable of using more than just cursed sealing and defensive techniques. Though it still interested Kitsune that he knew a few medical techniques. But at the same time, it wouldn’t be odd considering he was being taken care of by Sendatsu. The old man might have taught some rudimentary medical ninjutsu to Shikyu, who knows? Kitsune certainly didn’t. And that was perfectly fine with her for the time being. But later on, an answer would need to be found. Assuming all went well with Shikyu’s performing the jutsu she had shown off, she’d then proceed to detail a long list of techniques he could test out on his own. And if it didn’t, she’d suggest some easier ones instead.

”I think you’ll be just fine Shikyu-kun. Feel free to stop by the hospital if you’d like more information. But for now, I think we should take it easy. There’s been a lot of information that needs to be processed, I’d say. And you may just have found something you’re skilled at. Now it’s just a matter of training, and training hard.” she said to encourage the kid to do his best ”I have to be off for my other duties now, though, but it was nice meeting you, and I hope you’ve learnt a thing or two.” she finished before patting him on the shoulder and heading off, back to the hospital, to perform research into a new type of prosthetic.

[WC: 451; Total: 1674; Post: 5/5; Topic Left - Tutoring Complete]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first thing that Shikyu practiced, was the handseals for the Storm Bolt Jutsu. That was relatively simple, Shikyu found. He did have to ask Kitsune to repeat the seals once, but after that, he Shikyu was able to perform the series of handseals correctly. With that, Shikyu began practicing the Storm Bolt Jutsu on the dummy, trying to limit any damage to just the dummy rather than the surroundings. Shikyu found that he was able to perform the Jutsu, releasing lightning with relative ease, but the first few attacks still missed the dummy. On his third try, Shikyu began to hit the dummy, and very quickly, he was mastering the Jutsu. It was not too surprising though, given that he is Chuunin-level after all. If he could not manage some simple E-Rank Jutsu, then what good would he be?

With that, Kitsune moved him on to some more difficult techniques that Shikyu could train on by himself. Shiyku thanked Kitsune, giving her a bow before she departed. With that, Shikyu turned back to his training. After Kitsune's departure, Shikyu stayed on for a bit longer before he too headed off.

OOC:
Word count: 191
Total word count: 1946/1500

[Topic left.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back