Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Errands Are the Missions of Today [E-Rank Self-Mod]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seikou secretly played with her fingers within the large sleeves of her dress. Her mother looked rather stern as she quietly counted the yen in an envelope. Finally the Nanjirou woman knelt down and held the money out to her daughter. "This is an important mission Kou-chi. I know your daddy has spent a long time telling you the ins and outs of being a gentle little lady, but your mama's here to teach you to be a proper kunoichi." Seikou ceased her finger fidgeting to gingerly receive the envelope. Her mother continued. "You'll be heading to Aoyama's Armor and Apparel to pick up a package for me. Here in this envelope is fifty-thousand yen. You'll get back change, and get your cutie patootie home to finish your delivery." Kire ruffled Seikou's hair with a grin. "Mama'll give you a small bit of that extra money for being a good little kunoichi-in-training." The smile faded quickly. "But remember Kou-chi, there are a lot of things out there that'll get in your way. Stuff that your mama's gotta look out for even in her old age. Just keep telling yourself that you're on a mission. I can't speak for everyone with Nanjirou blood, but our ancestors were all about honor and duty. So that goes for you and me. We've gotta keep those traditions alive." The small girl nodded her head gently. "Yes Mama." The woman stood and motioned to the door with her thumb. "Then get going kiddo!"

Seikou trotted out the door, only slowing her pace after she had turned down two streets. While she certainly had the stamina to continue jogging, Seikou didn't find much enjoyment in going fast unless there was someone there to race. Her eyes glazed over the Seki District buildings, not lingering long on any one location. This part of the city rarely changed. The area was filled with the same buildings, the same people, day in, day out. A foreigner might appear for the occasional house call, but it was the Susukino District that had the true excitement. People from across the world met in those streets, paperwork permitting of course, and it made for a new experience every time she went. Just thinking about it put a skip in her step.

Upon arriving at the shopping district, Seikou dawdled further. The different smells mixing in the air were tantalizing, especially since lunchtime was just around the corner. The child bit the inside of her lip, silently chastising herself for not grabbing a snack before she left. No time to stop! I have to complete my mission! Seikou stood firm against the temptation, for a time at least. But the sight of a street vendor making imagawayaki caused her to pause. An elderly woman sat beside the stand, holding a small tray of the food for sampling. Their eyes met, and the woman beckoned the child over with a shaky hand. "Hello little one. My how cute you are. Are you lost?" Seikou shook her head. "No obaa-san. I am on a mission." The old lady chuckled. "Ah, so you must be a student of that special academy?" The little Nanjirou nodded. "Then why not have a small snack before you continue on your perilous quest?" The tray was held out to Seikou, who bowed before taking a custard-filled slice. "Thank you very much obaa-san." She popped the piece in her mouth and gave an approving nod. "That was delicious." The elderly woman tittered again. "How about you buy a whole imagawayaki? I am sure a small thing like you could use the energy to fulfill your task." Seikou looked to the stand filled with the thick pancake-like food. A small furrow came to her brow as she recalled she had no pocket money. Her gaze fell to the thick envelope in her hands. Mama said she would give me some when I finish. Maybe I could use it now? Seikou's fingers clenched, bending the corner of the paper. Finally she shook her head. "No, I am sorry obaa-san, I am on a mission." The old woman guffawed before nodding her whole body. "Indeed, indeed! Who am I to stop such diligent youth? Go on then child, go on." Seikou gave a smile and bow before briskly walking away. When the tiny girl was out of view, the old woman burst into a cloud of smoke, revealing Seikou's mother. The elder Nanjirou gave a boisterous laugh. "That's my girl! Keep at it Kou-chi!"

Seikou was almost to her destination when she heard a squeaky whimper. It was barely audible over the crowds, but it must have been the desperation within the noise that called to her. In a nearby alley was a small little monkey, one that she remembered. It was Ukimiki, the performing monkey of a kindly old man in the Susukino District. The poor creature cowered between three boys, barely older than Seikou. One of the boy's feet moved, kicking tiny Ukimiki in the ribs. The monkey fell to the ground and curled into a ball. Rage coursed through Seikou's chest, but she remembered one of her father's lectures. A true lady remains calm in all things. She will use gentle, yet firm words to get her point across. The young Nanjirou took in a breathe, and exhaled soon after. Slipping the envelope into the pouch on her waist, she approached the boys. "Excuse me. That is Ukimiki. She is a very kind little monkey that does not deserve such treatment. Please stop." One of the boy's scrunched his nose and crossed his arms at Seikou. "Whatever. We can do what we want. If this dumb monkey would actually do something cool, we wouldn't have to kick it around for fun. So just leave us alone."

Seikou held her hands to her chest, clenching them together in frustration. How could these boys be so cruel? Why didn't her words work? She glanced to Ukimiki who was scrambling to run away by this point, only to be blocked by the circle of boys. The anger welled up within Seikou again, but this time she couldn't contain it. She stomped her foot on the ground, drawing the boys' attention back to her. She took in a breathe, preparing to channel her mother. "You listen here you dumb boys! I said leave Ukimiki alone, and I mean it! If you don't, I'll kick your butts!" The boys scoffed. "Yeah? We'd like to see you try!" Seikou launched herself at the closest boy, pushing him with all her might. Not expecting a dainty-looking girl to be so fierce, the boy fell on his back like a turtle. Another boy tried to punch Seikou, who just barely moved her face out of the way. As his arm passed her, she grabbed it and bit down. The boy yelped in surprise and pain, trying to pull himself away from the feisty girl. The last boy wrapped his arms around Seikou's waist, lifting her up and away from the bitten boy. She thrashed about, trying to kick or punch him anywhere she could reach. Eventually an okobo-clad foot made contact with the boy's crotch, causing him to release her and double over. The first boy had finally regained his composure and tackled Seikou. They wrestled on the ground for a few seconds, but the boy underestimated the girl's strength. She flipped him over and shoved his face into the cobblestone. "Ha! My cousins have more power in their pinkies than you do in your whole body!" Noticing that Ukimiki had made her escape, Seikou hauled the boy to his feet before kicking him in the shin. "Now stop picking on Ukimiki, or I'll be back to kick your butts. GOT IT?!" She stamped her foot once more as she yelled, causing the boys to flinch. "Well then, get outta here!" The boys scurried off down the alleyway, and Seikou gave a triumphant smirk. On the rooftop, out of view of Seikou, her mother mimicked her daughter's expression.

Seikou avoided any more distractions. Her dress was torn and dirty now, which made her feel a bit uncomfortable and unapproachable. She slunk into the store, avoiding eye contact with the patrons. When she reached the counter, she pulled the envelope out of her fanny pack and slid it over to the clerk. She nervously began to fidget with her disheveled hair. "H-hello. I am here to pick up a package for my mother, Nanjirou Kire." The man behind the counter gave a nod and disappeared into the back room. After a few minutes, he returned with a large, thin box and the change she was owed. Seikou held out her arms, preparing them for the package, when a familiar voice from behind interrupted. "I'm so proud of you Kou-chi!" Seikou was scooped up into the arms of her mother. "Not only did you avoid distractions, but you even took out those dishonorable brats! Your daddy might lecture on something like that, but by the ancestors, that would be stupid. You did the right thing." The little girl wasn't used to her mother's praises. Kire's missions kept her away for weeks on end, leaving little time for Seikou to earn her congratulations. Mother and daughter beamed at each other, bringing them closer than they'd been for years.

When the moment had passed, Kire took the parcel from the counter before pocketing the remaining yen. "I'll give you your money reward when we get home, but since your clothes aren't looking so good, why don't I give you your present early? Your daddy and I wanted to celebrate your acceptance into the academy. We had a hard time deciding on something, but I think you'll like this. Go put it on kiddo." Kire copied her thumb motion from earlier today towards the changing rooms, and Seikou complied. After a time, the little girl emerged, dressed in a simple set of armor. A small, lightweight plate covered her stomach, and the gauntlets gave acceptable protection. Instead of a dress, Seikou had a simple tunic and pair of shorts to keep her privacy while performing acrobatic feats. She smiled warmly at her mother. "I love it Mama! Thank you!" The two left the store, walking home hand in hand.
fDtJbB6.jpg

[WC: 1,716]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back