Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Evasive Manoeuvres [Class]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shinzo had been up through the night (as usual), though this time it wasn’t thanks to the stress of misbehaving academy students. Instead, the Head Jounin had been working away assembling a long and complex obstacle course. It’s wooden structure sat walled in on the left and right side as to remove the possibility for any students attending the class to see the multiple contraptions within. In truth, from the outside the walled obstacle course could arguably be described as an eyesore, but as with most beings the beauty could be found on the inside. Well that was what Shinzo thought anyway.

His late teenage figure stood tall in Kitsune Park, his youth was something of an oddity for the rank that he held within the village. That much could be seen by anyone and Shinzo was well aware of such a fact, hence the extra effort he placed into every single action that he took in life. Today would be a day that he hoped the effort would pay off, this lesson had been many months in the making. Shinzo’s emerald eyes glimmered slightly in the late morning sun while he stood alone. It would not be long until the first students arrived on the scene to partake in this physically demanding class. A reminder had been put out in assembly that very morning reminding the students to attend the physically demanding lesson in Kitsune Park.

A line of white paint lay several feet before Shinzo who himself stood several feet in front of the entrance to the obstacle course. It was expected that each student would introduce themselves and stand behind the line upon arrival. To further obscure the inner workings of the obstacle course, a large blanket sat draped on the wooden creation. It’s form only served to make sure that those in attendance wouldn’t be able to form a strategy as to how to deal with the challenges yet to come before they themselves were faced with the trial.

MFT
WC: 333
[Post count: 1/5]

[You have 48 hours to post, if you cannot meet this requirement but still wish to join in with this thread then send me a PM either on the site or on discord and I will make sure to accommodate you.]

Hanabi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C-Rank
She was the first to arrive, her very first class and this is what she was presented with. Some kind of odd contraption, cloaked in tarps or something. She would step up to the line, to be the first one through would be an honor, unless it was stupid in which case she would hate it. She was meant for these sorts of things, she was good at movement in general and had a good control of her body for someone her age. The upside to having to run all the time.

"My name is Josei, Omaka Josei, and I'm here to learn about...whatever this is." she said bluntly. This girl could be abrasive, but she's sure this man had run across his fair share of unruly children. This thing laid before them was probably a punishment for kids misbehaving long past. She would have to pay for those sins she supposed, before she could be seen on her own merits.

Himura Kumonosuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After seeing the cool structures on the park Kira could'nt help but run to the place,while his dog ran beside him,the dog was a bit different today,not only it became bigger,it also seemed to be wearing a vest with blue bits running all over it,then as Kira reached the place,he then stops and stretches himself as he notices the place seemed to be an obstacle course,which before going in it has a warmup as a requirement for starting,to confirm if this is the real deal,he then smiled and asked to Shinzo while he streched his own arms.

VKCbr_h77_rdGOaCjHKXQVYzzxqJr4RahiPH-Lw5KGdDNPsgNnYCz4PqGDg-6RZoJ7GIKmnPxrZo0Irqi7H2KCDUb_3BMpqXWr6d7YKdaSaJiAa9XlKowmh1BD-oXsP8zv-u=w500-h250-nc

"Hello there Shinzo-sensei,i would like to ask a question if we are going to do some fun activity with these obstacles 'ere".

Kira just couldn't contain his excitement which also contaminated his speech with it,subjecting to a pretty fast speech and him stretching for a quick few times as he wants to go first in the obstacle as it seems to have lots of action and fun that will probably occur while he's in the said course.

And while doing so,Kira paused for a bit and sat down,and looked at the obstacle course,observing each obstacle to come up with ways to get over,under,between them,etc. and after doing so,he smiled,awww yis! I'll definitely ace this thing!

[WOOT WOOF...topic entered!]
[Amount of that words hath been placed:212]

Kujo Kazuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
original.gif
Nitish was wondering near the hokage rock and then he sees something in Kitsune Park. And then he starts running there if there was something interesting to do or not and then after he arrives there he sees that there was an obstacle made and then Nitish sees Kira and a girl there and then Nitish thinks it was going to be fun I think and then he goes there too and then he sees Shinzo and then says “Hello there, Shinzo sensei I think I don’t have to introduce myself coz’ you know me and I became pretty famous after the incident with hokage.” So no need for me to tell me name or tell any other stuff. And then Nitish sees Kira and then says to him “Hey there Kira, what are ya doing here.” And then Nitish’s gets his attention on the girl standing there and then says “Hello there miss, I’m Uchiha Nitish nice to meet ya.” And then Nitish waits for her response.

And then Nitish once again sees at Shinzo and asks him “Shinzo sensei when are we going to start this obstacle course anyway.” And then after asking this Nitish waits for Shinzo’s response to him if this is a punishment for Nitish and the othere Academy students who joined Nitish while he was stuck with the hokage or his clan head Takeshi. But this doesn’t matter to him now he was going to do a new start with all that hatred and Darkness left within him.

[254/1500 WC]
[Post:- 1/5]

Imaya Kuza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The short, thuggish shinobi student approached the structures, and the people around it all. Katsu was, fortunately, in a more stable state today, at this moment, compared to other days. He was smart, but unstable, such that a single word could set him into doing the most irrational of things, actions that would make even a crazy person hesitate. Why? Because he was short. He was short and had to make sure nobody thought he was any less than them. He was short in physique, so he made up for it in insanity. In truth, one could say that Katsu was an incredibly sane, even if eccentric, boy. But eccentricity did you no favors, and he would rather be seen as crazy than weird. Which made him all the more dangerous, because he wasn’t just a crazy person being crazy, he was a sane person trying to be crazy, which made his craziness all the more overboard in order to convince not just others, but himself, of his performed madness.

Why was this all important? Well, it would determine the course of the day depending on how his peculiar psychology is triggered and handled.

Hello, sensei~” Katsu mused, putting up his hand in greeting. His left eye was bruised and his knuckles bleeding again. On his left arm, a bite mark. Across his neck, red scratches. Another fight, another day. “We haven’t met properly, the name’s Naikiri Katsu, but feel free to just call me Katsu.” He looked over at the strange course set up, his eyes lighting up as he began to realize what it was: A challenge. Just as he had an inferiority complex about his height, and how he overzealously expanded his eccentricism into craziness, so too did Katsu seek and crave challenges, labours with which he could prove his worth. “Lemme at it,” he whispered eagerly.

(WC: 310)

Mihoki Kahora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahora spent her morning waking up extremely early only to sit in the trees for a few hours to calm her excitement down about another day at the academy. She didn’t think that this feeling would ever wear off. Racing down the streets of Konoha, bumping into nearly every vendor, she finally reached the academy. Looking down at her timetable, she saw that the only thing she had on all day was an assembly. Surely that’s not all I’ve got on today? Maybe there’s another important announcement. She made her way into the hall only to find a sea of academy students filling the room. Once it seemed like everyone was inside, a teacher, who Kahora wasn’t familiar with, announced that there will be a class in Kitsune Park in fifteen minutes. I knew there would be something good today! The small girl almost didn’t hear the warning that it would be physically demanding. EXERCISE? Gross. Kahora almost considered not going just for that matter but if she was going to graduate the academy anytime soon then she had to.

Making her way to Kitsune Park using the map of Konoha that her mother gave her a while back, she stood outside what looked like an ancient arena. Not another fight surely? Walking closer and closer, she saw guards stood there protecting the Park and knew that she might have to talk to them if she wants to be let in. “Hello? Hi there. I have a class in there so um can you let me in please big tall man?” The guard hardly moved except for his eyes which stared harshly down on her. A small nod finally appeared as he moved to let her in. “Thank you, Mr guard. I like your hat. It’s pretty cool” Kahora went to reach up to touch it but not only could she not reach it, the guard lightly pushed her back into the park.

The first thing Kahora noticed was a blanket covering obviously what she would be exerting huge amount of effort on. Then she noticed Shinzo standing there all proud and mighty. She was extremely glad he was taking her second class because he was one of the few teachers she knew and liked. The next thing she noticed was four students eyeing the obstacle course also. Once of which she knew. Kiramaru. He better not cause trouble this time because Shinzo will make sure he pays for it Once Kahora was finished giving Kiramaru a death glare she thought to introduce herself to class. “Hello everyone, except for Kiramaru, I’m Kahora. Shinzo what are we going to be doing today?”

[WC=451/1500]
[MFT]
[Topic Entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
In recent times Hoheto finds himself lingering about the academy grounds strengthening, returning to a previous time where a majority of his days were spent mastering the basics of ninja from the older generations. Gradually the lad leaps upon the courtyard wall. Upon the terrain sit a million beads of water, each one a perfect sphere, brilliant in the morning rays. Each drop sits so lightly, yet together they are enough to cause lush blooms to bow toward the earth. So delicate are the green that even these scattering of dew are significant. Pacing forward with digits tucked away in his white shorts, the uchiha's featureless grey hues scan the turf, surveying the land for any signs of students; as far as visits go, this was intended to acquaint himself with the newer generation.

His forehead protector gleamed effulgently in the mild rays of the morning sun as he cranked laterally in search of the newer batch of shinobi within the academy grounds. The Park he finds scarcely supplied with the young. It would seem as though classes were already in session. Let's see what these batch of shinobi are made to put up with, aye? the uchiha retains inwardly with a visible grin reminiscing his earlier days when he struggled with the basic aspects of ninja. Up ahead stood a composite but otherwise familiar structure of wood, stone and glass amongst other things. It's anterior had a sign which read 'The Leaf Academy' written in black, something Hoheto had seen a hundred times over. Casually, the genin navigates through the emerald terra presenting himself before a scarcely initiated class. Faint were his steps that only the most experienced of ninja would take notice of his presence as he only sought to observe having passed through this stage. Hoheto's dull grey hues espies the room, finding mostly unfamiliar figures lined up before an obstacle course he'd gone through in time past. It's complexity and physically taxing nature forces the familiar creases of warm fuzzies upon the uchiha's features as a light chuckle escaped his lips. Now now this should be fun he keeps to himself, aware of their many woes but also expectant.

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The academy was quieter than usual when Reicheru arrived. 'Where is everyone?' she wondered, before arriving at her usual classroom to find the door closed, with a note that simply read ASSEMBLY. She suddenly remembered that it was that time of the week, that they would be gathered and briefed on the weeks events and other information pertinent to them. She sprinted off to the training room where such meetings were held. She arrived just in time to hear the announcement that the lesson today would take place in Kitsune Park. From the sound of it, she just might do well - 'physically demanding' sounded much more like a taijutsu-based lesson, and that she could handle.

Her mother still being out of town, Reicheru hadn't eaten much the day before or that morning, and so she stopped at a vendor along the way and picked up a few onigiri. Doing something physically taxing on an empty stomach didn't sound like the wisest move. She tried to focus on eating as she passed the Memorial Stone gardens on her way to the coliseum. 'Not right now… I'll stop by and visit dad after class.'

She finished her rice ball as she entered, and immediately wondered if she had taken too long at the vendor. There were six others there already, besides the instructor. Thankfully, they didn't seem to have started yet. She quickly moved to take her place beside them. "Sensei, my apologies for being late. My name is Saitou Reicheru." After introducing herself, she looked around at the other students, which she had neglected to do in her rush over. As she did, her gaze came to rest on faces she had committed to remember and a feeling of both tension and amusement filled her; three of the six where boys from the Forest Incident. She was equally glad to see that they seemed alright as she was worried about what trouble they might cause for her at this lesson. She turned to face the hidden contraption their sensei had laid before them, and ridding her mind of distractions she awaited instruction.

[WC: 352/1500]

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku glanced towards the sky with an admiring eye, the roguish boy suspected that he was beginning to be late to the lesson. He drew his deck of cards from his brand-new vest. The bright green vest with orange highlights had been what had caused his late arrival, he’d seen the vest in the stores on his way here and he couldn’t resist the chance. His eyes turned away from the sky as he noticed the looming figure of Kitsune park in his view.

The white-haired rogue entered Kitsune park with a grin. He glanced towards his arm, on which he’d wrote a faded-out reminder that he was supposed to be here today. The scoundrel hesitated on his entrance, gazing with a confused expression at the monstrosity of a machine that had been built. He looked towards his arm a second time, squinting at his own handwriting to confirm he was supposed to be here.

“Well,” Riku admitted as he walked towards the crowd of students he saw, “Still a better lesson then staring at rocks.”

The rogue noticed a few of his own friends in the crowd of students, and took the time to walk towards them, deciding to remain in a group with the others. The roguish boy gave his friends a smile, giving a small wave as he approached before returning to the shuffling of his cards. He was interested to see how this one turned out, he’d run out of ideas for the day, everything taking time to prepare.

Today Riku felt like having a good day.

(WC - 261)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
One by one the newest generation of academy students made their way towards what would be todays teaching ground. Shinzo watched on in anticipation as several new faces made themselves present for what would be a physically demanding lesson. First was Omaka Josei, followed swiftly by Kiramaru, Nitish Katsu, Kahora, Saitou and Riku. As each one of them entered the ‘classroom environment’ Shinzo proceeded to greet them individually with a slight nod of the head. The turn out was definitely a little more than expected but Shinzo was up to the challenge, especially considering the help he had enlisted from Hoheto. Now would be a good time to observe his subordinate as well as the interactions within the group of students. He had already seen that there was some friction between Kahora and Kiramaru, he would definitely need to keep an eye on them.

Shinzo paused for a minute after all the students had gathered, giving some time for the noise and quiet conversations of those gathered to quieten. Once all had calmed down, the Head Jounin took a step forward while readying himself to address the class. “Thank you all for coming so quickly, your punctuality is greatly appreciated.” For a split second he paused, looked over the group and then began speaking again. “Now, I am sure you are wondering what exactly is behind me, well, I have been constructing this machinery for some time in order to provide a platform upon which your evasion can be trained.” A slight smile spread across the Head Jounin’s face, his emerald eyes glinted in the light of day. “Now I have found, in my time as a shinobi, that one of the most beneficial things that can aid you on missions is the art of not being hit by anything.” As he spoke, the Seikon’s left eyebrow raised in slight humour as Shinzo reflected on the sentence he had just spoken. “As obvious as it sounds it is extremely important for a shinobi to prefect their coordination with each part of the body in order to dodge effectively at a moments notice.”

A moment later, Shinzo spun around on the spot while whipping the large blanket from the front of the assault course. Now, with its entrance revealed, the students would have then been able to see the almost never-ending set of moving obstacles within the machine itself. They all seemed to shift unpredictably, rather quick in places but slower in others. Those with a trained eye would have been able to see that the course seemed to be divided into multiple sections with platforms serving as dividers between different sets of obstacles.

The first obstacle to present itself just beyond the entrance was a series of poles that shot from the floor, walls and ceiling at random. It was definitely clear that this area of the obstacle course was boxed in and looked to be just over thirty metres in length, while being five in width. At random, poles shot out from each surface, never making physical contact with one and other but they would definitely pack a punch should someone stand on the receiving end of one. The poles themselves were made from a light wood, roughly thirty centimetres in diameter.

“Your first challenge is to navigate the box. This section trains your ability to react rather quickly to a rapidly changing environment, in my opinion this is one of the most important steps in training your agility and evasion.” With a small gesture of his hand, Shinzo invited Hoheto forward to the front of the class. “This is Uchiha Hoheto everyone, he shall be running the course with you. His job will be to aid you if you find yourself struggling within the course. He should be more than able to both avoid the obstructions and aid you at the same time if needs be. However, let’s hope that you don’t need his help though.” A smile soon spread across his face once more while he looked over the students yet again. “Now, you can navigate the course using any of the jutsu you possess. However, the rule I have for you is that you cannot damage the course in any way. Instead try to use your abilities to aid your passage, show me what you can do. But don’t harm each other or the course itself. We will complete one section of the assault course at a time, I shall explain the next one once you have made your way through this area.”

From his pocket, Shinzo drew a small whistle. Without a moment’s notice he raised the whistle to his lips before blowing a quick burst of air into it. “Go!”

WC: 764
TWC: 1,144
MFT

[Again, you have 48 hours to post, if you cannot meet this requirement then just pm me on the site or discord. Because there are so many of you, there shall be no posting order just make sure to post as soon as possible.]

Hanabi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C-Rank
A hush fell over the crowd of people who had formed behind her, she was getting nervous at the proceedings and rightly so, as he thanked everyone for being there, he walked over and revealed the gauntlet they were going to be running through. It was a test of evasion and endurance, it was important that she not be hit by anything in the field as she entered the work force. This was very true, and the first chunk would be the biggest obstacle for most to pass unless they had some kind of wall hacking eyeballs or supernatural sense. She had something like that, but she wouldn't use it unless she absolutely had to. Little did the populace around her know, but she was in a transformation jutsu, hiding her extra limbs as to not be the only thing anyone cares about in the room. So she'd step up to the entrance and walk through, sizing up the poles and trying to catch a pattern.

"Into the breach..."

She stepped forth and a pole immediately shot up under her forward foot, sending her knee squarely into her jaw. She reeled back, her head snapping back but she did not fall. Standing still a minute, her head would snap forward with an angry look of determination on it. She cracked her neck, and as a bit of blood run down her chin she took off at a sprint, leaping forward to get as much distance as she could into the tunnel of poles and it would look as though she jumped supernaturally far all the way to the other side, for the students behind her. What would truly transpire however is that she would spit a weird mucous to the far platform, and grab it with her hands, pulling herself across without ever having to touch the ground, like spider-man using a single spider web shot straight to increase his distance. However, unlike spider-man she didn't have nearly as good control of her body, and slammed hard on the other side, rolling almost off the course. She'd catch herself on the platform, and pull herself back up. She'd lay there a moment while the rest of the kids made it across one way or another, but as it stood she had a mighty headache.

Himura Kumonosuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After seeing all the students,teacher's pets and the teacher,he then saw a peculiar one,the Senju Girl,that is currently giving him a death glare! Kira smiled and commented on her petty attempt of intimidation.

"You look so damn cute when you do that,heck you're the first one to make me say that someone is cute!....good job!".

Even thought he complimented her look,deep inside,he's just storing up his anger so he can quite literally blow up,like either a bomb which is actually something he can do with a few certain jutsus,then as he did so,his fist can be seen coiling as he controls his anger by looking at a cloud,which is actually a good technique to Kira,but while doing so,he also grinded his teeth,creating multiple sparks and even some of the sparks as well on his clenched fists,it was clear Kira is trying the best he can to supress the temper,but it seems like his temper is not an easily blocked overflow,then after a few moments of suppresing his anger,he then released a quick sequence of panting.

Then at a quick burst of the whistle,Kira stared at his dog and nodded,which for some weird reason,the dog understood him and sat down,as Kira was going solo on this,then after a quick moment of pulling out his kusarigama at such a quick pace,Kira then ran to the entrance,while he did so,he then said in a moderately loud voice,so that any people infront of him won't be much of an obstacle on his way to the entrance

"I advise peeps to get outta m'way!".

Kira's calm start at his quick speech then instantaneously jumpstarted to a shout,as he didn't want any human obstacles infront of his current path,and that he wanted his path to be a clean one,then as he noticed someone already ran first,he then picks up his kusarigama and threw it right at the surface of a pole,as he did so,the sickle on it acted like a hook,latching on the top,after doing so,Kira then ran whilst holding the other end of the kusarigama,the counter-weight while doing that,he then jumped while he held on the chain,while doing so,he was able to give himself a moment to apply chakra on his feet to enable himself to walk onto the top of the pole without having to worry about falling,then after he was on top of it,he then threw away his kusarigama and sticked his hand's palm on the surface of the pole in the same manner as his foot,after that,he then started to jump pole by pole on all fours like a dog,or even a cat considering the way he moved,which is pretty much in contrast due to the fact he came from a clan where characteristics of dogs are dominant.

Imaya Kuza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Katsu’s first instinct with this course was to simply cut through the poles before he past them, a preemptive strike which would let him bulldoze through the thing, but it would seem that the instructor thought of this and determined it wouldn’t benefit to have such a solution present. Alright then, Katsu wasn’t any sort of one trick pony, he could figure this out.

Charging into it, it was only a matter of seconds… before Katsu was chewed up and thrown back out the entrance. Alright, so guts alone to take the hits won’t deal with the force behind the blows throwing him around. That’s… how come the course doesn’t break itself? It was an obvious sort of question, one with an equally obvious answer: ‘because it was designed that way’. The poles struck such that they wouldn’t overlap with one another. An opening after an attack… interesting.

Katsu stepped up again, his eyes darting as he tried to make sense of this landscape, where the poles came from the walls, where they came from the floor. In which case… there! Katsu charged at a pole from the floor which was just now retreating back into its hole, using the space it provided to enter the fray. Just as he stepped onto that space, he found another retreating pole, entering the space in a leap as it was attached to the wall.

Like this, using the gaps provided in the space of the attacking poles resetting themselves, Katsu progressed steadily. At times, he had to restart due to being a step too slow or a step too fast, slipping on the floor or miscalculating his jump. But, every time without fail, he got further than his lasts attempt.

Just as he was entering the last stretch, however, a curveball came… or rather, a pole. He hadn’t anticipated a pole on one side retreating as the other side sent a pole in its place, such that they didn’t touch but their place would intersect. It struck him in the shoulder, and could have sent him back to the beginning if he was thrown into the rest of the obstacles like that. But, as it hit him, rather than get pushed back, Katsu grabbed the thing, halting himself rather than getting tossed about.

And, with that, Katsu cleared the course, with smarts and a bit of guts.

[WC: 395]
[Total: 705]

Mihoki Kahora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahora didn’t know when she’d be done with giving Kiramaru a death glare until he finally spoke out. Me? Cute? Of course. . She contemplated ignoring him entirely, but she wasn’t going to pass up an opportunity to be sarcastic. “Flattery will get you nowhere. Now, go fetch!” Kahora reached her hand out and upon her right index finger, a wooden stick formed. With her left hand, she grabbed the stick and threw it meters ahead. “Enjoy dog boy.” The small girl snickered at Kiramaru’s reaction. She could never get tired of being able to do that.

Turning her attention back to the teacher, the Senju girl intently watched Shinzo reveal the contraption that would ultimately force Kahora to exercise for the first time in her life and she was not happy about it. The assault course ahead appeared to be a box and nothing more. However, when Shinzo began to describe the content of box, she began to feel confused and slightly scared. From her understanding, poles would shoot out and she’d have to dodge them or else she’ll end up meat on a stick. And that sounded painful.

Kahora’s eyes widened in fear as she watched Shinzo start-up the contraption. How the heck am I gonna get through this alive?!?! There was no way. The girl’s mind went into overdrive considering the possibility of dying during her second class, if there was a possibility of asking Shinzo if he could pass her without risking her life on the course, or if she could make a run for it now and have no one notice. She doubted the latter two options were possible, so she had to accept the first option becoming reality maybe.

One by one, she watched her classmates attempt the course seemingly with ease and she couldn’t figure out how they made it look so easy. How was she going to attempt this? She thought about just sprinting through it as fast as possible and hoping for the best. But the best was unlikely to happen if she did that tactic. If only she could shield herself… THAT’S IT! Kahora hadn’t tried to make a shield yet with her bloodline powers on purpose, only once in her last class when she was scared. It was worth a try and it might stop her from getting insanely injured.

Kahora took a deep breath and closed her eyes. In her mind, she envisioned a wooden shield that was big enough to cover the majority of her body but small enough so that it would fit inside the box. She felt her hand begin to form the shield and she waited with her eyes closed and mind heavily focused on making it right. Once she felt little movement coming from her hands, she opened her eyes and looked down. What laid in her hands was definitely interesting. It wasn’t necessarily the shield she envisioned but it was… something. A small plank of wood was what Kahora had produced. She mentally kicked herself for not being able to produce the grand shield she envisioned. All she had was this to get her through the course. Brilliant.

She didn’t have time to think of anything else to use to help her before Shinzo announced that it was her turn. Here it goes. Kahora took her first step inside the box cautiously, using the plank of wood to shield her right side. Big mistake. A pole shot out from the left wall and jabbed her harshly in the ribs. I’m definitely going to die here. However, despite this, she persevered and made her way through. She tried to think about it logically this time. A pole shouldn’t come from the left wall now, which left the other three places it could come from. She kept her shield on her right side, anticipating that the next pole would come from there. Success!! The pole popped out and Kahora was able to shield her mid-body from the blow. She made her way through the course trying to predict where the poles would be coming from and on most occasions, she was wrong but on some she was right and that motivated her the whole way to continue. Before she knew it, she was out of the box and in one piece. Very bruised but she was proud of herself for making it through alive.

Kahora did a little happy dance and turned to face Kiramaru once again, sticking her tongue out at him and continuing with her rather embarrassing dance.

[WC = 775]
[TWC = 1226/1500]
[MFT]

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Evasion. Reicheru raised her eyebrows with excitement as Shinzo-sensei began to explain the intent of this lesson. She was reminded of a play-fighting game she had played with her cousin when they were younger; the unofficial motto was "don't get hit", as that was ultimately the best way to win. Funny, she thought, how easy it was for seemingly simple and obvious aspects of combat to get lost to the focus on becoming more powerful and learning stronger jutsu than your enemy. Truthfully, there would always be someone out there who is stronger than you. But if you can evade their attacks, that strength means nothing and you turn their greatest asset into a weakness in battle. Brilliant. Looking at the course, Reicheru was thankful for her most recent sparring sessions with Hiroshi. Typically the two of them would go blade-to-blade, but between being only half Nanjirou and not having paired properly with a blade yet, she had set the katana aside and began to experiment with other fighting styles that were more defensive, more precise. Yet while it was true that her evasive maneuvers had been improving, it was also true that she had only just begun to train in this art. This would be an interesting test of what she had learned, and certainly an opportunity to learn abundantly more.

Not one to jump into anything head-first, she watched as her classmates one by one tried their hand at the course, each unique in their approach. One of the other girls breezed past the poles as she seemed to jump across with unnatural speed, faster than she had ever seen a student launch themselves. She made a mental note to ask her later how she had focused her chakra to accomplish such a feat. The Inuzuka boy harnessed his animal nature to utilize all four limbs in a cat-like manner, crouching enough to get through unscathed. The next boy took perhaps the most replicable approach, waiting for the opening after each pole retreated. And the last student to go before her did something Reicheru had not seen before. 'Did she just…beam wood from her hands? That was wild," the young girl thought, watching and wincing as the girl before her made her way through with numerous jabs to prove it.

Running each scenario through her mind and assessing her own limited jutsu pool and lack of any remarkably special abilities, she decided to follow the dark-haired boy's lead and work her way through the openings left by retreating poles. Taking her first steps in, things seemed to be going well. However, the further she went, she began to take a beating as she adjusted to the fact that not every pole protruded at the same speed or length, each as unique as the styles the students had used to maneuver them. The ones in the front she had been able to watch, get a feel for their patterns as she watched the others go in. The ones further back, she hadn't learned as well. She hadn't gotten very far, maybe fifteen feet in, before deciding she needed to switch things up. She wouldn't always be able to plan ahead in a fight, it would have to be a combination of forward planning and quick thinking. Though she continued to move to the open spots, she pulled a kunai from her pouch to prepare for the next pole that would catch her by surprise. When it did, it came from above; she heard the mechanical whirring it made as it moved, and arching her back so as to not take an nasty knock to the head, she hooked it with her kunai and threw feet up and forward, causing her to swing around the pole with a speed that grabbing it with her hands wouldn’t have permitted. She used that momentum to launch herself forward to another open spot, but just moments before she landed a pole shot out from the right side, blocking her landing. She focused her chakra into her feet to be able to grip the pole, riding it as it retreated back to its hole. Before it disappeared, it brought her to another empty spot where she hoped off and continued through the maze.

It would continue like this; sometimes taking a hit, sometimes sliding under, sometimes hooking and swinging; it all depended on the situation. Finally as she neared the end, she found more of the poles coming out from the sides rather than top and bottom, leaving fewer open walking spots. Taking a deep breath, she leapt forward, diving through the poles head first. As she neared the ground, she focused her chakra into her hands and stuck them out in front of her; as her hands touched the ground, a burst of wind exploded on the field [Pressure Burst (M)], but rather than damaging the well-made course, it pushed back and lifted the user high into the air and over the last of the poles. She landed on her feet just behind her classmates, panting and bruised, but glad to see that they all seemed to have faired just as well. "Nice jobs guys, all of you, very impressive. Sorry I missed everyone's names earlier, but you two," she said, motioning to the other two girls in the group, first to Josei and then Kahora, "that was a wild jump! Mind showing me sometime how you focused your chakra to leap that far? And you, with the wood! Is that a particular jutsu, or does that come from a kekkei genkai?" She felt her cheeks turn a little pink, slightly embarrassed by her lack of knowledge. Her Nanjirou side of the family was good for information on their ancestry, but not really anyone else's. Still, they were all at the academy to learn, so if she couldn't ask questions without shame now, when could she?

[WC: 983]
[TWC: 1,334/1,500]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
From his stay just outside the classroom, Hoheto's probing gaze espies Shinzo's easy approach to the new generation. For a moment, a keel smile cemented on his porcelain encased shell as he took in the features of the students flocked around the older shinobi one by one like gathered sheep would to a shepherd. Back in the day, things were different—too different that the present day change was much appreciated in the uchiha's eyes. He leaned in as Shinzo initiated his address to the academy students. Every word the jounin had to say, Hoheto took hold of and as time went on, it became apparent evasion was the lesson to be taught in today's class. Who better to issue out this knowledge than the Leaf's master 'dodgesman' himself? Hoheto's shoulders convulsed as he tried to suppress a lighthearted chuckle, hearing Shinzo's reveal on the art of dodging. While it'll seem odd to any present that someone would find that funny, there was something strangely familiar with that line, something only he understood. Nonetheless, the uchiha continued without so much as a sound as he was merely a spectator on the sidelines, watching the newer generation grow.

Planted on the hallway, Hoheto held his gaze as Shinzo spun around, whipping a large blanket covering from what seemed like the front of the contrivance. With its entrance unfurled, the genin observed its intricate design which had been greatly improved to fit the new age—quite different from what it was in his time. Interestingly, he tapped against his chin as Shinzo laid out the instructions to be followed. Hoheto had barely ingested the wonder of the contraption before him when Shinzo surprisingly called out to him. He answers to his superior's call, keeping his pace slow and leisurely to allow the jounin enough time to introduce him to the class. "Hey guys" the lad waves, giving the academy students his sweetest smile after shinzo had broken his tone. The students on the other hand didn't seem too interested in his arrival but that was okay because things were about to get interesting. Now then, let's see what you got Hoheto reels inwardly, lending his gaze to the academy student quite bold enough to be the first to attempt the course (by now the class had fallen silent as everyone watched in anticipation). There was something about this female, despite failing on her first try, she had determination and that saw her through her second. One by one the remaining students cleared the course but with distinct means; some with only a go at it while others needing a few tries. In as much as they all made it to the other side without needing guidance, they still had quite a long way to go.

Hoheto turned to Shinzo giving a nod as a response to what he'd seen. They all did good and it wasn't in his place to give remarks. He'd only flash a smile knowing the leaf had promising prospects brewing within her ranks.

Kujo Kazuya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Shinzo tells everyone there what to do and then he said that Hoheto senpai was there because he will teach you how to get past from here and also serve you as a supporter if you get injured and then Nitish says to Hoheto “Hello there Hoheto Senpai, did ya forget me or I think no one can forget me after what I did on our genin exam.” And then Nitish waits for his response while everyone one was trying to complete the course but they all get injured and then Shinzo san said that they can use any kind of jutsu but can’t damage the course and then Nitish thinks “Well that’s a good condition and I thought I may just destroy the whole training course with just one jutsu.” And then Nitish starts thinking of other ways to cross it and then Nitish sees every single kid going across the course and completing it and then Nitish get interested in what Katsu was using and then the other girl also starts using the same trick but Nitish knew that it will take a lot of guts to cross it like Katsu did but that girl crossed the course and then Nitish whispers to himself “Don’t get cocky after crossing this course kids.” And then Nitish starts walking to the course entrance but he knew if he cross this course without any injures every kid will say he has cheated so he just walked and gets hitten by the first pole and then pushed back but Nitish was able to make his balance and then Nitish goes a little near it and then he shouts “the game is just began.”

And then Nitish awakes his sharingan and then starts walking in but once again he has hitten by the pole but this time it was second pole so Nitish whispers to himself “Now you leave me no choice Shinzo.” And then Nitish awakes his Mangekyo Sharingan to cross the course but he knew that it wasn’t enough to cross the course so Nitish waves some hand signs and then Nitish as lightning all over his body and it was the same jutsu Nitish used once to save Ziren from the poisonous gas. And then Nitish starts with a little walk and then he starts running but this time his speed was unmeasurable but while Nitish was running in the course it looks like the one of the pole touched his leg and then Nitish waits for a moment in the safe place to think about it and then Nitish gets any idea that he should use jumping over the poles instead of running into them and then Nitish once again uses that jutsu named Volt Charge and then runs into the poles and then when it was time to cross Nitish jumps over the poles to cross the course as fast as he can but he didn’t want to show his eyes to every one so he changes his form of his eyes in that air into normal sharingan with a particular design instead of Mangekyo with a specific design and then Nitish looks at the kids and then looks at Shinzo and says “It was easy Shinzo san, you should have made it a little hard.” And then Nitish waits for his response and waits for the time when Riku will cross the course.

[566 WC]
[TOTAL WC:- 820 WC]
[2nd post]

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku looked at the course with a confused look. He didn’t expect the teachers to bother putting this much effort into an obstacle course. The rogue stopped his shuffling of cards as he took the chance to examine the course. The moving mechanisms of the course caused any slip ups to result in a free collision with the floor. The young scoundrel glanced towards his deck of cards, recontinuing his shuffle. He saw several of his companions go running into the course, finding their own routes to success. It did take a bit of courage to run directly in, analysing the entirety of the course and moving fast enough to avoid the pieces would be enough to slip up most of the students. The only answer to solving the course for Riku seemed simple.

He didn’t move.

The thing about these courses, you don’t need to figure out the entirety of it, just the paths that work, and he had an entire class running merrily into wooden poles to solve them for him. The white-haired boy gave a smile as he continued to shuffle his cards, giving mainly the occasional flinch at the sight of the students hitting the poles. As he waited for Katsu and Nitish to complete, he took the chance to examine the assistant, Shinzo would only bring him if he was useful.

“Assistant or obstacle,” Riku mumbled casually with a smirk, “That’ll be fun.”

Riku stopped wondering as he noticed Nitish completing the course. The boy gave a smirk, he had a few routes through then. He counted several of the wooden shafts out, he needed to go up, up, down and bla bla bla …that seemed to be the easiest route anyway. With a stretch of his shoulder, the scoundrel placed his deck of cards in his pocket before jogging towards the moving beams of wood.

As he touched the wooden flooring with a tap, the first pole popped out of the floor with a loud bang. Riku leaped upwards and placed a palm on the top of the pole, throwing himself upwards. Midair, he saw the next pole he was searching for, the wall revealing it as it flung towards Riku’s chest before stopping an inch away. With a grin, he grabbed hold of it, planting a foot on before leaping towards the rooftop. The poles that came from the roof seemed to be for catching out anyone that tried to stay airborne, but Riku noticed from Nitish’s movements, there was a route with one of them. The white-haired boy threw his hands out and caught hold as the wooden pole he was searching for tore from the rooftop. Riku grinned as he took his final leap, jumping downward from the pole. The hardest position to constantly keep obstacles in was always the centre, and Riku leaped right for it. With a smirk he flipped past the final volley of poles before landing infront of his classmates with a bow.

“Thank you, thank yo-“ Riku said, being interrupted by the appearance of a wooden pole.

From the floor, just where Riku had landed and remained, throwing the boy upwards several feet before he landed on his back with a groan. He had to give a laugh at it, throwing a thumb up as he laid on the floor.

[WC: 554]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shinzo watched on with great interest as he witnessed each of the students in his class navigate the first section of his obstacle course. He felt in no great need to rush to their aid for Hoheto would be more than able to work with the shinobi-in-training in order to help them make it through the challenge. Emeralds gazed upon the initial section of the obstacle course, evaluations were in progress from the moment the students arrived. From equipment to athletics, jutsu and observation, Shinzo was more than happy to see the approaches of his pupils. However, this was far from the end of the experience for them. As a matter of fact, the course itself would only get more challenging from here on out.

The Head Jounin smiled as the last of the group made it into the platform that separated section one from section two. “Well done everyone, that was most impressive. And yet it is clear, as Nitish has gracefully pointed out, that was too easy!” He paused for a moment as a slightly playful smile made itself known upon his young face. “Well I don’t want to disappoint any of you, so I do believe you will find this next section a little more challenging.” With a wide gesture, Shinzo motioned toward the next section of the obstacle course. At first it seemed like nothing special. A single cylindrical beam of wood lay loosely fastened across a long and shallow pit, at the bottom of which rested a pool of mud. Something not quite spa quality, needless to say the texture wasn’t desirable and the colour itself would likely not wash out of clothes without considerable effort. Several wires ran across the top of the second section and attached to each of them were several logs suspended only a few inches above the round bridge.

“Now then, I expect you all to cross this beam to reach the platform on the other side. Again, you may not damage the course in any way, but you may use the jutsu and equipment you possess to navigate this area. The several rows of logs will begin moving in order to disrupt your attempt to cross the pit, as well as this, the log upon which you travel is also loosely fastened and as such it will rotate if you should misplace yourself and your balance in your attempt to cross.” Once more he smiled in order to allow for the students to take in the message just given. “Make sure to cross one at a time in order to make things fair, and do not tamper with anyone else’s attempt. Is that understood?” Again, Shinzo paused. “Are you all ready? Good. Go!” And with that he motioned for the first student to begin their cross over the pit.

WC: 471
TWC: 1,615
MFT

[Again, you have 48 hours to post, if you cannot meet this requirement then just pm me on the site or discord. Because there are so many of you, there shall be no posting order just make sure to post as soon as possible.]

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Reicheru continued chatting a bit with Josei and Kahora as the last students finished, but quieted down as Shinzo-sensei approached and commented on their performance before explaining the next task. 'Too easy? Looking down at her slender and bruised arms, Reicheru thought about just how much training she would have to do. It felt like it was all she ever did, and as much as she enjoyed it, she momentarily felt overwhelmed thinking about how much more she would have to go through to accomplish her goals. The crushing weight of that expectation began to fade as they looked to the next obstacle, and was replaced with an excitement to rise and meet the new challenge. It was hard for any type of discouragement to keep the young girl down for long.

Watching how the beam they were meant to cross swayed ever so slightly before being touched, and the threat of the other hanging logs that were sure to do just as hard a number on her as the poles from the last course had, Reicheru thought through her options, and began looking beyond as well as behind the course in front of her. 'I mean… that'll work… might be pushing it, but it'll work…' Typically, Reicheru liked to play things by the book - but the objective was to not get hit, and so while this tactic may be questionable in terms of how well she actually maneuvered the course, she felt certain she could accomplish the task.

Her left hand floated back to the pouch on her hip while her right fished in the holster on her thigh, the first retrieving a loop of thin but strong wire and the other emerging with two kunai. Focusing her chakra into her feet, Reicheru ran the opposite direction of the course in front of her, back toward the meat grinder; but rather than go through the opening, she ran up the side. She could feel the poles on the other side still moving to and fro as she moved up the wall, tying one end of the wire to a kunai and the other end to the second as she went. When she reached about half-way to the top, she stopped and looked out to the platform on the other side of their second obstacle. Hoping she had a good angle, she thrust one kunai into the side of the wall and, after making sure it was secure, narrowed her eyes on the next platform just past the balance beam. Accuracy with a thrown weapon had never been her strength. Pursing her lips, she gripped the kunai tight before launching it at the floor of the platform ahead of her. It flew through the air, successfully avoiding hitting any of the obstacles on the field before hitting it's mark. Thankfully, the platform was large enough that she should have had a hard time not hitting it.

It wasn't until the thud of the metal embedding itself into the wood that she began to second guess this approach. "…you may not damage the course in any way…" The instruction echoed in her mind as she examined the zipline she had created. In her mind, the obstacle behind them and the platform ahead weren't really part of the course, and she hadn't altered any of the obstacles, so it should be fine… right? 'Well, it's a little late now, probably should have clarified that one first.' Glancing at Shinzo and shooting him an apologetic look should he make any indication of disapproval, she pulled the red scarf she always wore from her neck and threw it around the wire, holding one end in each hand before launching herself forward and sliding down the line.

Gaining speed as she moved from one side to the other, and sailing over the early obstacles, it seemed success was only seconds away. However, as the wire brought her closer to the platform it also brought her closer to the hanging logs, which had begun to move. Pulling her legs in close to her body to avoid getting knocked by one beneath her, she failed to see as the next log spun in a circle over the beam, getting the far end of her wire tangled around it. Before she could react, the log had put enough tension on the wire to pull the kunai from it's place - not only had her aim been off enough to allow the log to catch the wire, but there also hadn't been enough force behind the throw to embed the kunai deep enough to ensure it wouldn't come loose. And so the young girl began to fall, desperately trying to throw her momentum toward the platform that was so close at hand. Mid air, a log would hit her hard in the back, knocking all of the air out of her and sending her into a front spin, but ultimately she would find that it had knocked her to the very end of the beam rather than into the mud. Gasping for breath, she slowly moved to her feet to find the platform was only one step away. The corners of her mouth turned up into a small grin; it hadn't been as graceful as she had imagined, but as soon as she put her foot down, she had made it--

--without her scarf. Stopping mid-step, a moment of panic overtook the student and she patted herself down looking for her scarf. Spinning around and surveying the course, she found it had fallen across the beam about half way back through the course. She gave a sigh, one that was a mixture of relief that it hadn't fallen into the tar-like mud as well as annoyance that she had made it so far and yet would still have to navigate the full course: half way to retrieve the scarf and half way to return. It was that or leave it behind, and that was not an option.

She made it back to the scarf fairly easily, so much so that she began to berate herself for her first approach, thinking it would have been easier to just charge in head on. Picking up the red cloth, she began to make her way back only to have her thinking proven wrong. As a log swung toward her, she leaned to her right to avoid it - too far right. The beam beneath her rolled to the right as well, and though she had been focusing her chakra to her feet in fear of falling off the log, she suddenly found herself hanging upside-down from underneath of it. She tried to run back up to the top, but the log moved under her with her movements, causing it to start to spin faster the faster she ran; the faster she ran, the harder it was to keep her chakra focused and the more exhausted she got. She considered seeing if the assistant, Hoheto, would give her any pointers, but an unusual instance of Nanjirou pride welled up inside her and kept her from doing so; besides, she was running out of time. At this point, it looked like a hard reset might be her best bet. Gripping the scarf tight in her hand, she bunched it into a ball and launched it toward the platform where it landed softly even as she herself was absorbed into the mud below.

Finally, she would make it to the other side of the platform, looking like the picture one would find next to 'Swamp Monster' in the dictionary. Defeated and embarrassed, she determined to at least clean herself off. Focusing her chakra into her palms and stretching them out facing opposite directions, she lifted up onto her heels and began to spin, releasing the chakra from her hands and creating a spiral of wind around her, spinning quickly enough to fling most of the mud off of her. Her clothes were stained for sure, but she leaned down to pick up her father's scarf with a clean hand.

[WC: 1,345]
TWC: 2,679/1,500]
[OOC: Sorry for the long post, enjoying the class and got a little carried away!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back