Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Every good story starts with tea [contract search]

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hirato slowly poured the tea for his apprentice, the sweet scent emanating from the perfectly brewed green pot. He had observed great change in the young Myakashi in these past few months. As his lessons progressed from simple fieldcraft, jutsu training and chakra control to the far more complex and dangerous lessons of world politics, subterfuge, economics and the cost of life his student had become darker, dwelling on what must be done in the future. He had been absorbing everything that his master had been teaching him, embracing his nindo and harbouring ambitions far beyond those of his childhood. Hirato knew his student, his son, his protege, was ready to rebuild the Myakashi clan of old, to rekindle the fear the name once drove into the great nations in ages past.

"I have given you my name, my brothers heritage and every tool you will need to thrive in the bitter world of the shinobi..." Hirato looked fondly at his student, "...There is only one thing I ask of you in return..."

Yong had not yet sipped his tea, he listened intently to his masters words whilst cradling the warm cup in the palms of his hands. "Whatever you require Master Hirato, if it is within my power it is yours..."

Hirato hesitated as he poured a cup of tea for himself, his arthritic hands fumbling with the simple motion "I am old now, my colours have turned grey and my hands frail..." He sipped his tea, letting the taste linger for a moment before continuing. "...your world is just beginning boy... What I require from you is a new story..."

Yong smiled at his old master, his friend and father for so many years. "A story? For what you have given me I would bring you a kingdom."

Hirato returned the smile warmly, entertained by the eagerness of youth, "...And yet, all I ask for is a story. You will depart at daybreak. Follow the lay lines of this country, to the dark places, the old and the forgotten places... And bring me back a story." The old man indicated to a small, wrapped parcel in the corner of the room, "I have packed you my old teapot and a few leaves. Remember, no matter what the world throws at you, there is always time for tea my young Myakashi... Now drink your's before it gets cold."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had traveled for many days through the wilderness. He wandered through the dark shadows of ancient forests that had lived longer than many of the shinobi nations, their age and grander humbling him. But they had no new story to tell.

The scorching sun over the great desert had beaten down senselessly against his ancient armour, the sand whipping in impotent rage against his advance but still he walked on, its desolation had been overwhelming. But it had no new story to tell. Over savannahs and grasslands, the winds moving the grasslands like an endless sea had mesmerised him. But it had no new story to tell.

He traveled on. For days and weeks he wandered, letting the pull of the world be his guide until, at last he came to the shores of a great lake, so vast its opposite shore was beyond view.

He moved to a large outcropping of stones on the lakes edge. He knelt, carefully unfolding the parcel and began to brew the sweet smelling liquid he had come to love so much over the years. Soon he sipped a fresh cup as he looked over the great lake. He spoke to the world in general, "This is where the story will start..." He placed an empty cup on the other side of the pot, "...And every good story starts with tea..."

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The lake top was still, calmly matching the atmosphere one might have should they sit and have tea. It was a very beautiful lake, wondrous one could even say. However, the lake came with a few mysteries of it's own. No matter how far down someone went, they would never seem to reach the bottom. Wildlife avoided the area at all cost, refusing to drink from the waters. It was almost as if they knew something that humans did not. Occasionally a strange ripple that originated from the middle of the lake would scatter across the lake top, forming small waves that settled gently at the shore. It could easily be missed for anyone not paying attention. Some of the local folk have speculated that this lake was home to a beast, but none had ever seen it, or those that claimed to have seen it could never provide evidence and the creature always seemed to appear differently.

However, today, as Yong sipped his tea, it would appear that, should he be listening carefully he may hear a distinct yet muffled noise of sorts. One that came off shrill, almost like a roar but more subdued. To the human ear, it could potentially sound like an echo, or easily be mistaken for the wind playing tricks on the mind. Still, there was something distinct about this sound. Suddenly at the edge of the lake, a small limb poked out of the water, slowly edging towards where Yong had decided to sit and have his tea. It was dark blue, with small fins that branched off of parts as more of it became exposed. As more revealed it would be evident that this was not a tentacle. There were no suckers, and the skin on this limb seemed to have more of an elastic, potentially scale-like appearance to it. The limb managed to reach the cup that Yong had placed, possible intentionally, on the opposite side of his teapot. The limb gently wrapping itself around the cup, as if knowing how delicate the cup was, and picked it off the ground. It was still unclear what this limb belonged to. But still, it gently shook the cup at Yong, indicating that it would like for some to be poured for it. The odd limb waited patiently.

Meanwhile, in the waters, a small series of bubbles had started to breach the top of the surface. Nothing revealed itself yet, but a dark outline could be seen. While it appeared as nothing more than a dark outline, it did give some indication to what was attached to the limb. It was large, but only moderately so. It seemed to happily fit the waters of the lake, but it definitely appeared to be something that almost shouldn't belong there. There were no outlines of numerous legs, just what appeared to be one single body. However, the waters can be very deceiving when they want to be. The creature remain still, the bubbles increasing as time went on and the creature waited to be served it's share of tea.

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yong paused mid sip as a shrill echo resonated subtly across the still water. What an intriguing sound... he thought, focusing his well strained ears to determine the origin of the sound, ...it is coming from the water... How curious.... His eyes shifted to the edge of the lake, scanning the shoreline for any abnormalities.

His eyes locked quickly onto the movement as an arm (of the non-skeletal verity) slowly slithered(?) its way towards his position. He hesitated only momentarily as the arm coiled around the teacup, if this is a distraction in preparation for an attack... It is an amazing one... I will play along, see what happens.

He poured the tea in the traditional way, into the waiting cup. "Welcome my unusual friend..." His gaze looked past the blue arm to the water where it had extended from. Bubbles raising to the surface from its depths, a shadow loomed under the surface. He gave a slight chuckle, "But if thats your body under there my friend, perhaps you should just take the pot."

This will make a great story.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Yong poured the tea into the awaiting cup, the water seemed to start rapidly bubbling at the surface. Where once was only a few bubbles now was almost Jacuzzi like sputtering. The waters turned violent, splashing and crashing against the shores as the shadow danced under the surface. It appeared that the creature was stirring from where it was lurking. Suddenly something breached the surface, a large spray of air and water blasting it's way like a geyser. The echo continued to grow, sounding almost like a roar. A head emerged from the lake, with large sapphire eyes and cerulean scales. Large blue fins splayed in a majestic display as large droplets of water cascaded off of the emerging beast. The creature was almost serpentine in nature, but a distinct trait of two small clawed arms extended from it's torso. The monster towered over Yong, large as it be, a tooth equaling the size of an average man. The creature, unlike any that perhaps others had seen, looked down at Yong, it's eyes focusing in on him.

It lowered it's head to meet him, much of the body still within the lake, winding through the waters, it's fins gliding through the water with limitless effort. It maneuvered what could now be distinguished as it's tail over to it's mouth and despite being offered the pot chose to lightly sip the tea. The tea, which probably barely had any real meaning to the beast as it's size dwarfed any form of mild consumption was more so just meant as a social queue saying "Here I am, I have taken an interest in you. Do you also acknowledge me." Seeing as the response was a distinct yet, the creature had revealed itself. The tail carefully placed the tea back down once it had finished it and the tail sunk back into the waters from view. "You are a perplexing being." The leviathan's voice was low and deep, taking on an almost enchanting aspect to it. The voice, however, would not be of physical sound, for only Yong would be able to hear it within his head. The leviathan tilted it's head, it's eyes squinting as if analyzing this human. "I sense something different about you." It was rare that something brought the leviathan out of it's deep reaches down deep within the waters. In fact it had probably been decades since the creature had come up, and even longer since it had interacted with the creatures of this world. It was more of a reclusive type anyway. "I offer a...proposition...a request if you will. Tell me of yourself, who you are." The beast waited with an empty silence, it's eyes unwavering from the figure that was Yong.

(OOC: it's not a dragon or a snake, nobody freak out, it's a leviathan which I was told could constitute as a deep sea creature)

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the old god burst from the water, a violent spray burst outwards from the sheer size of the creature that breached the surface. Yong whispered a command to the world around him, "Yuganda Ōra."<i></i>

The water broke against an invisible aura around him, like a boulder separates a crashing wave. He stood quickly, dumbly spilling his tea from the cup held limply in his hand. He looked with true awe as creature was revealed, "You are beautiful my great friend!"

The Leviathan drank the tea from the cup it clasped in its serpentine tail, the mere act would be comical if not for the raw majesty the creature exuded. "You are a perplexing being."<i></i> The godlike voice boomed inside his head, speaking directly to his soul. Its eyes focused on him completely, he felt small under the creatures gaze, "I sense something different about you."<i></i>

Yong bowed slightly, "You honour me..."

"I offer a... proposition... a request if you will. Tell me of yourself, who you are."<i></i> Its gaze locking through him, as if inspecting every part of his soul for imperfections. He knew better than to try and hide behind deception with this great beast... He would tell his story and it would be the truth.

Yong sat again, refilling his recently emptied teacup. He took a sip before beginning his story. "I started life as a forgotten child... My mother died in childbirth along with my unborn sibling. My father sold me to pay debts... He sold me into indentured service at the age of twelve... I was taken, like property, to a foreign land." Yong spoke impassively, his words spoken with factual, dispassionate truth.

He took another sip of the sweet brew, "I suffered for five years at the hands of my 'owners'..." The word spoken with the first hint of emotion, pure hatred. "...before I took my freedom. They hunted me, almost to my last breath. I was saved by the man I now call father.

"He was a fugitive in the shinobi world, he had no reason to show pity towards me. The called him a Missing Ninja... Shunned by those he would die for... Hunted... And yet he took me in with no hesitation, training me in the shinobi arts... I knew happiness for the first time in my short, tumultuous life. He gave me my name, Myakashi Yong. He gave me a new life and now I fear he is dying, his eyes are dull and his movements looked painful... He hides the pain but I can see it in his shadow, in his soul.

"He is the reason I sit here today... All he asked for in return for all his years of peace and guidance was a story...

"And my story has brought me to your shores my beautiful friend."
He placed his now empty cup next to the teapot and stood, looking the Leviathan in the eye. "What is your proposition? If it is within my power I will do it... For my father... For my story... For you."

Ooc: Not a dragon!

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Tall and proud, the leviathan stayed unwavering in it's position. It listened intently to his story, occasionally blinking but otherwise never interrupting. It did not give any indication of it's feelings towards the story, simply that it was there and listening. As Yong came to a close, the leviathan lowered itself even further, it's small frontal arms grasping at the side of the lake bed, it's head still comfortably held high. It's fin-like ears twitched, sending the remaining droplets of water still clinging to them to the side. A few quiet moments past as the leviathan remain contemplative. "You have suffered many hardships, but I can see you have made many strides to overcome them. Many of which you owe a great deal of gratitude to the man you call 'father'." The conclusion the leviathan had drawn was an obvious one, yet one that did not end on such a finite simplistic note that it implied it did not have more to say on the matter. "Hardships are apart of all living things. We are born, we pass through this life-cycle not unscathed, and we die, repeating our cycles as time demands. To endure such hardship is to show great strength. And yet..." The leviathan paused. It's eyes slowly looked towards the side, squinting, as if lost in thought. "No...I would think such a proposition too much to ask of a human..." It made a few more sounds, ones that sounded like the siren like echos from before. It would be unintelligible even in Yong's mind.

Finally, after a brief pause, the leviathan continued again. "It has been centuries since I have asked this of a human, for many have failed before. But in my old age, I grow more restless for my purpose here to be completed." The leviathan's tail emerged once again from the lake, something wrapped within it's grasps. It moved towards Yong, before it was placed carefully at his feet. The object within the leviathan's grasp was a small ornate hand mirror. The glass gave off an almost magical shimmer from it's reflective surface. The edging was made of pure silver, decorated along the edges with sapphires, rubies, emeralds, diamonds, and down the handle were 3 shimmering white opal stones. It would be unclear how such a beautiful mirror, clearly unique in it's creation and one so clearly cared for by the leviathan could remain in such pristine condition down within the waters. "This mirror has been passed down my lineage from generation to generation. Before one of us may be reborn and move on to the next life, we must accomplish the task that was given to us upon our birth. It is our curse. The mirror is our conduit. If one were to gaze into the mirror, it would show our deepest desires, our greatest fears, it carries the very essence of our souls. My task was one that could not be completed alone, and has been far too great a burden to ask of any who have come before. So I ask you...a man who has dealt blow after blow in life and came out on top, can you look within the mirror, with total, unwavering confidence in who you are and what you wish to succeed at, and destroy the essence that holds me to this world? You may want to take some time to consider the dire risk involved with such a challenge, for it is not one I request lightly. In exchange, I will give you your hearts desire, as well as offer the service of my kin." The leviathan ended it's long explanation by retreating back into it's silence. The mirror would sit, glistening at Yong's feet, awaiting Yong's decision. An eerie ripple cascaded from the mirror, almost taunting any who dare even glimpse upon it's beauty and the haunting echoed shadowy whispers that lay within.

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yong listened to the leviathans story as the beast had listened to his, part of its phrasing serving as a warning for the trial to come. Many have failed before me...<i></i>

Its tail retrieved something from the water, the light gleamed off of the object as it was placed at his feet. The titanic creature continued with its request as Yong took note of the precious stones that lined the silver object. A mirror... What great power... Deepest desires... Greatest fears... I must be confident... I must be clear of purpose...<i></i>

He avoided looking at the mirror for the time being, collecting his thoughts before responding. He knew what he was going to do...

"Your request is within my power my beautiful friend, I have given you my word... For my father... For my story... For you, it will be done." He bowed deeply before standing, his hands moving to a release seal.

"Kage o akiraka ni suru!" Pure darkness swirled behind him, taking the form of a shrouded humanoid before settling into an almost identical image of Yong, though flame like shadow danced around his shoulders. The copy reached forward and placed his hand on Yong's shoulder, the shadow spoke clearly behind the man, "...We are of one mind..."

Yong nodded slowly without turning to his shadow, his hands sliding to a different seal, "Tabula Rasa!"<i></i> Both his and his shadow stepped towards each other, moving with no resistance until they occupied the same space... The shadow flame spread around Yong's entire body for an instant before fading completely from view.

He reached carefully for the mirror still sitting at his feet, his fingers coiling around the intricately crafted handle. He could feel the power held within. His eyes looked to his friend one last time as an affectionate smile spread across his face, his voice had a slight echo now, resonating with power, "I am ready..."

He gazed into the mirror...

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The leviathan, proud in his posture and appreciative of the bravery displayed by this man before him, nodded as Yong nobly took up the task set out before him. For while many had tried before, many fall time and time again to the power within the mirror. For while many were overly confident in their abilities, they did not have the backing of the actual skill to their confidence. The leviathan could only hope that Yong would be the one to see this task to the end of completion. Quickly, as darkness surrounded Yong, and another visage appeared as an identical figure. As they became one, the leviathan could feel the strength. Yes, this too added to his support and belief that his task would come to it's end, as as such, so would the purpose of his life cycle, allowing for the next generation to be born anew. "Good Luck. Be careful not to lose yourself." That would be the last thing the leviathan said before Yong gazed into the mirror.

A few moments after Yong gazed into the mirror, there would be a distinct shift within the reality, indicated by a strong sequence of pulses of energy that seemed to be produced from within the mirror. The lake and the leviathan faded away from view, all that was left was an empty black space that would surround Yong. Perhaps not unused to such an environment, as indicated by his shadowed form, the darkness would hold a slight tense nature about it, something of a corrupt and unreal nature. It would be obvious that the mirror created the facade, although perhaps not so clear as to how it warped the perception of the one whom looked within it. A few spotlights appeared, each with larger versions of the hand mirror. All the mirrors surrounded Yong , facing him directly. Each mirror would reflect back at Yong with a version of himself. However, one could note that there were 4 mirrors and each version of Yong also stood with it's own version of the leviathan, standing in different poses.
The Mirrors said:
1) The first mirror was dark red, the Yong within the mirror stood next to a vibrant red leviathan. The two would appear in a pose, squared off as if prepared to battle. Blood dripped down the side onto the floor, still fresh and filling the air around it with the sick smell of iron.
2) The second mirror was a beautiful shade of green, and reflecting back was a green leviathan that appeared to be particularly small, born anew from within the waters, Yong was posed as kneeling to the ground as if reckoning the new birth.
3) The third mirror faded yellow around the edges, and the glass was heavily cracked and missing pieces. From what one could see, inside was a yellow leviathan that lay alone and dead, the end of it's generation, the last of it's kind. In this depiction, Yong could be seen walking away in the distance.
4) The final mirror happened to be the same shade of blue as the leviathan that had been speaking with Yong. Light blue light flickered from within, sapphires around the rim reflecting not one, but several versions of Yong back at him. Inside the mirror was a depiction of Yong, standing proud and victorious, a promise of power, a promise of strength. A silhouette of the leviathan surrounded Yong, the only indication as to what it was, was the deep blue eyes that illuminated from within and the fins that adorned it's head. The mirror depicted them standing as one.

All of the mirrors posed different scenarios, different timelines in which Yong had encountered the leviathans. A question would be asked from within the empty abyss surrounding the mirrors. "Before you is a task that will hereby determine the next series of events that take place. Should you not answer honestly, you will fail. You must determine which of these situations most closely relates to the outcome you desire. Explain your reasoning, then proceed through the mirror to the next task. Choose carefully."<i></i> The disembodied voice faded away, leaving Yong alone with his decision.

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The world dissolved around him as he gazed into the mirror. Pulses of energy pulling him into an alien world of darkness. He was no stranger to the Void but this felt different... Corrupt... Manufactured for a purpose. Suddenly it was no longer perpetual darkness as four mirrors, each resembling the one he had held moments before in the real world surounded him on four sides. The void spoke to him, instructing him on the options and that the choice would have great consequences for things to come.

The first to catch his eye was of a dark red, resembling the rubies that encircled the original mirror. Blood dripped from the frame onto the void-floor. The mirror was like a portal to another time, another place. His beautiful friend stood in majestic crimson, his own double facing of against the red giant. Violence... Violence is always an option... But often not the best solution... No, this is not my true desire.</COLOR><i></i>

He continued to turn, facing the second mirror of green, the shade of the emeralds adorning the original. Another time, another place. His friend a newborn struggling out of the waters, his double kneeling by the shore welcoming the new Leviathan into the world. Birth... The beginning of a new cycle... My beautiful friend desires an end to his cycle... No, this is not my true desire.<i></i>

The third mirror had originally been positioned behind his back, its battered appearance framed the scene contained in the broken glass. The leviathan lay dead, his double walking away. Death... Everyone dies alone... To lose such a being so soon... No, this is not my true desire.<i></i>

The fourth and final mirror immediately captivated his attention as he turned to it, the sapphires reflecting with the blue light of his beautiful friend. His reflection stood with a new aura, the shadow of the Leviathan enveloping him. Unity... Power and synergy... Something that cannot be done alone can be achieved together... This... This is my true desire!<i></i>

Yong took stock of himself, he exhaled deeply before moving to the mirror. <COLOR color="#006400">"Power through unity. One cannot hope to change the world until one realises he can not change it alone. This is my Desire. This is my choice!"<i></i>

He stepped boldly into the mirror...

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Again the mirror warped the environment that Yong found himself in. Gone was the black void and the mirrors, it appeared that the first test had been passed. Now, Yong would find himself in a street, many people surrounding him, yet none that seemed to know he was there or that he existed. It would perhaps seem unclear to Yong what he was doing in a marketplace. But given that much of this reality was an illusion, it did in fact serve a purpose. Down a winding street, one that was shrouded in darkness and dampness, there was a commotion. The sound was again ignored by all the people that were in too much of a rush to pay notice. The loud voice of a man would be heard.

"OI YA BRAT, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SLACKING ON THE JOB. I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR YOU AND YOUR SERVICE. DIE ON THE STREET IF YOU CAN'T EVEN FULFILL THE SMALLEST TASK. WORTHLESS STREET RAT!" A small child would be tossed from a doorway from which the screaming had came from. It was a small boy, pale of skin with shockingly blue hair and eyes. He hit the wall from across the doorway with a sickening crack and fell to the ground limp in a puddle of sewage runoff. The boy struggled to stand, using a trash can as a aide. Blood dropped down the side of his face and it appeared that his arm had popped out of the socket.

Suddenly the image faded, shifted so that the boy with the blue hair and blue eyes and the screaming man would become something more familiar to Yong. It would be a reflection of his past. One of himself as a young man. A glimpse of the history he had shared with the leviathan. He would appear to be in the hands of his "owners" facing their brutality. The image shifted again, showing the man that he called father giving him a better life. Then one final image, one where Yong was alone.

Suddenly the boy with blue eyes and blue hair approached and held Yong's hand in his own. "These three images show different kinds of men. It also shows 3 different stages in your life." The boy pulled out a small ornate box; one that matched the frame of the mirror again. It would appear that this would become a recurring theme. One that indicated a task was put forth upon Yong. "Inside this box is something you need for the next test. But you have to answer a question. Of these men and of those experiences, what kind of man are you? Who have been, who are you now, and who do you hope to be? The Leviathan once asked the question who are you. You answered by telling your story, but what is beneath that? What are your feelings towards the men you see before you? Would you do things differently? You desire the power of unity, but you must understand yourself in entirety before you can come to know another in the same way." The question was simple enough, but the implication of underlying thought asked more from Yong. It was asking him for the very essence of how he viewed himself and how he viewed those that have influenced him. All he need do is answer with honesty and the box would be his.

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The darkness swirled, once again moving him to another realm. The busy market resembled every market place he had ever been in, the stench of humanity pressing in on all sides. The people ignored his presence but, again, this was familiar to him for he had been trained to blend in to the crowed, to move like a ghost to get where he needed to be. This was not the case here though, for in this world he simply did not exist he was simply here to bare witness. He scanned the street as he walked until a commotion attracted his attention. As the words came from the doorway Yong felt his curse seal start to activate from a subconscious command. A young boy flailed out of the door, heavily impacting against the opposite wall. He found himself moving slowly, unable to reach the boy before he painfully regained his feet. Yong knew how to treat the boy's injuries, his chakra flaring around his hands in anticipation for the healing jutsu required. He reached his treacle slow hand towards the boy... The world changed, the image faded to be replaced with his own memories, though witnessed from a third person perspective.

He was being punished for not completing his tasks for the day, unachievable requirements handed down by a ruthless task master. His adult self observing the scene could still feel the sting across his back as the lash caressed his young self... Those scars no longer marked his back, his teacher... his father... had seen to their removal with his masterful medical jutsu. The image faded again, wether the transition was prompted by his thought of Hirato-Sensei or if it was already going in that direction he could not tell. His father was teaching him about tea, a smile on both of their faces as the lesson progressed. A happier time, the Yin compared to the Yang of his painful earlier life. But his hardships as well as his triumphs had made him the man he was today. The image faded again, leaving a vision only of himself, dressed in his armour and mask. The image was breathing deeply, his fists clenched in control, not in anger, and the dark flame of his shadow chakra gently curling up his body.

He felt a small hand slide into he unresisting palm. He turned his head slowly to face the boy, unconsciously sending healing chakra into the child's body. A simple explanation came from the boy's lips, though his voice sounded etherial, slightly unnatural... "These three images show different kinds of men. It also shows 3 different stages in your life." The boy gently removed his from Yong's before producing an exquisitely crafted box, similar in design to the decorated mirror.

The boy continued to speak, "Inside this box is something you need for the next test. But you have to answer a question. Of these men and of those experiences, what kind of man are you? Who have been, who are you now, and who do you hope to be? The Leviathan once asked the question who are you. You answered by telling your story, but what is beneath that? What are your feelings towards the men you see before you? Would you do things differently? You desire the power of unity, but you must understand yourself in entirety before you can come to know another in the same way."

Yong thought deeply for a moment, collecting his thoughts. "I... I Have been a servant, a slave in an uncaring world... I envied those above my station, their celebrations and feasting whilst we toiled in pain and misery... They did not see us... I learnt to hide my emotion, become a shadow... Be whatever I needed to be to survive...

"I hated them then, wished upon them one hundred curses and nothing but pain. I do not hate them now... I pity them like I pity a rabid dog. I would do things differently back then if I had known my own power... I would have put them all down a lot sooner. But I am grateful I did not know my power for I know I would have only sought revenge at any cost... This is not my desire."
<i></i>

Yong cleared his head once again, thinking of the next phantom image, his father. "My teacher, my father... He has shaped me into a tempered blade, a blade that can take as well as give. With my controlled hand I cut the cancer free from this world... Allowing the body to live, allowing the soul to heal. My father has taken my hatred, my rage, my envy and forged it into tranquility, determination and compassion... He has taught me peace in the tempest and for this I love him as a son loves a good father.

"My desire... My true hope is that I see the world my teacher dreamed of, the world I dream of come to fruition...
<i></i>

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“My desire... My true hope is that I see the world my teacher dreamed of, the world I dream of come to fruition…”<i></i> would be the words that the hooded, masked man would answer with. They would echo over and over again in the dark, voided space he was in. The chest was glowing a brown, and silver color and upon slightly opening, the dark space would instantly fill with a blinding, gold color. However, the chest wouldn’t open fully as it stopped when the leviathan’s voiced bellowed in the space as it said.

“You say that your desire...your one and true hope...is to see the world that your teacher-your master-dreams of to come fruition, but tell me one thing. You also claimed that you share the dream with your master. How much do you know of your master’s dream. Tell me. Detail it to perfection. Just what kind of person are you and your master. Just what is your ideal world?”<i></i>

The magnificent, yet powerful, voice of the creature would cause Yong to be surrounded in what seemed to be an intense feeling of fear and uncertainty. For eternity, darkness enveloped the space Yong was in. Maybe it was the darkness or the lack of what dwelled within, but the leviathan’s voice had triggered something in the space that had sent disheartened previous “challengers.” With fear whispering into their ears, those who once tried to describe their ideal world could only stutter and project their manifestation of their worst fears onto the astral plane. They had destroyed themselves. Now it was Yong’s turn. Would he be able to muster the courage inside of himself and overcome his hear or would he go down the same path of those before him? It would all depend in him. Self-destruction starts with “self.”

As he talked, the void around the masked man would begin to take color and shape based off of what he said. His ideal world would form all around him, almost as if he was the god of the void. Whatever he said would appear and take shape. Having this power at his disposal, the hooded man would not only be able to visualize his ideal world for himself, but for the beast he desired unity with, the Leviathan.

[OOC - Hey, hey, hey! I’m Kanmuri and I’ll be taking over this C-Search! Best of luck to you! I was sick the past few days and feel a tad bit better now, so don’t expect me to take as long to reply to this thread as I initially did. Once again, I wish you good luck.]

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the small chest began to open a burst of brilliant light shone throughout the void, blinding him momentarily but fading quickly. The Leviathan's voice carried so much power through the returning darkness as it questioned its 'champion' once again, “You say that your desire...your one and true hope...is to see the world that your teacher-your master-dreams of to come fruition, but tell me one thing. You also claimed that you share the dream with your master. How much do you know of your master’s dream. Tell me. Detail it to perfection. Just what kind of person are you and your master. Just what is your ideal world?”<i></i>

The void felt different now but as the shinobi regained focus, he could feel uncertainty creeping into his own consciousness, an unnatural fear creeping into his thoughts. ...A genjutsu? No... This is something different... Something worth being afraid of...</COLOR><i></i> The darkness of the void began to press against him, oblivion felt strangely calming, he felt himself sink to one knee in despair, kneeling on the 'ground' beneath him. ...Still your mind... Our prison here is of your own making... Speak our dreams Yin... They have power here...<i></i>

His persona, his inner demon rarely spoke to him with actual words but when it did Yong had learnt to listen. ...I must be sure... This is by design... This is my desire...

The pressure seemed to lift off of his shoulders as his resolution returned. He placed his armoured hand on his knee to regain his feet, standing once again he began to speak, his demon once again echoing in the harmonics of his words. <COLOR color="#006400">"The story of my dreams is a twisting one my beautiful friend. Like most story's... It begins in blood.<i></i> The void warped almost instantly to accompany his words, a smouldering village now surrounded him. He could smell the blood and smoke in the air as he breathed in, taste the stench of death that had followed the slaughter. Bodies of the villagers littered the streets they had once lived in. Men lay next to their wives. Mothers cradled their children. Blood turned the ground to mud... Shinobi stalked through the smoke and carnage, leaving no witnesses. Their generic headbands glistened proudly as they congratulated each other for another successful mission...

This is not my desire my beautiful friend... No, this is a memory. A memory that is played out over and over again in my dreams. These people... These children and mothers and fathers... They lived, they laughed and they loved, their own dreams, their own hopes, their own desires. Now they a mud, 'casualties' in a world uncaring. They died because of rumours that they had been harbouring a 'Missing Ninja' who had been declared a traitor, worse than an enemy. Indeed they had been his harbour though they were his kin long before then. He had only wished to end the cycle of violence perpetrated by his hand in the service of his 'betters'... He only wished peace for his family, for his village. They brought blood and pain. This is the power of the 'great' shinobi villages, they slaughter people for the sake of profit... They kill for political influence... They play a game to which there can be no winner. I must stop them, this is my goal, this is my dream, to break a cycle of tyranny and fear that has cost far to many far to much..."<i></i>

The void warped once more, "When a surgeon is removing infection from a patient the surgeon must be thorough lest the infection remain and take hold once more. These shinobi villages are a cancer on this world."<i></i>

The familiar rooftops of Konohagakure manifested true to life, though viewed from a birds eye view. The scene was bathed in the soft light of a crescent moon, its light filtering through the slight mist that seemed to nestle perpetually around the village on cold Autumn nights such as this. Shadows moved over the rooftops with great speed, moving in synchronicity with practiced ease towards the Hokage Mansion. Their movements coiled the mist around them like bullets through smoke. Bullets with a target...

The void changed with his thoughts, flashing through the image repeatedly, the shadowed figures stayed the same whilst the village's changed... Sunagakure... Kumogakure... Tsukigakure...

"What am I supposed to do if I want to talk about peace and understanding but they only understand the language of the sword? What if I want to make them understand that the path they chose leads to downfall, to ruin, to misery but they only understand the language of the sword? What if I want to tell them to leave me and my family in peace but they only understand the language of the sword?<i></i>

The void moved, bodies of Anbu and Sennin surrounded the corpse of the Kages. Each wound expertly administered for efficiency rather than cruelty. The faces of the four shadows, now given distinct faces held no joy in their actions, only sorrow at what needed to be done.

Involuntary tears began to swell in the Yong's eyes, "Beloved brother enemy, I will sing my sword song for you... The lullaby of Obliteration..."<i></i>

The void changed once more, endless hills of verdant land ran off into the distance as the smells of cooking and the sound of children playing filled the air. Yong's father sat in a comfortable chair playing an intense game of Shogi with a much younger looking man, an albino with very old eyes. Yong's wife stood beside him, her arm around his waist as he surveyed his children playing with their cousins and friends. The adults of the Myakashi clan were speaking and laughing, joy radiated off of them all, they were happy.

"So I can wake up with a smile and bliss in my heart... This is the Man I am... This is my dream... My desire..."<i></i>

The void warped one last time, the joyful image fading back to darkness once more. Yong was once again alone with only the partially opened chest for company.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Horror finale Initiates:

The mirror began to crack from the outer edges tiny minute cracks began to form leading towards the interior of the mirror even as the mirror expanded and grew to accommodate the final test for Yong. Dark energies would spill forth from the cracks only to encircle Yong and draw him into the mirror and before long Yong would temporarily forget where he had been and why he was there. Yong would remember he was in search of a story for his master but he would not remember his journey or the Leviathan’s request. As he had reached the final test it was all he could do to keep his bearings. Yong would find himself and his master dressed in impeccable Eastern style clothing near a massive trade district along a beautiful lake.

Yong found himself in a tea house, his master sat nearby at a well-oiled beautifully etched wooden counter. Yong could not make out the entirety of the scene etched into the counter but it told a story of a woman from the lake seeking help. While his master was purchasing more rare tea leaves he grinned at Yong as his haggling took a turn with the beautiful shop owner Master Miyakashi gave Yong the nod to leave without him. Yong would turn away then find himself elsewhere. Yong could not fathom why but he found himself now outside on the streets near a massive pier. With three pouches of rare herbal tea leaves in his possession and their hotel room in mind Yong pressed on as his master bade him to do. Still some strange feeling pulled at Yong and he could literally feel the pier somehow calling out to him. As Yong found himself walking along the pier three assassins would accost a young woman nearby. This was one of those rare moments to intervene.

What would Yong do?

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The mirrors reality cracked at the edges, expanding rapidly until the cracks filled the void. Dark energies pulled at him, as the darkness touched his skin his mind would swim, his thoughts becoming clouded, his quest and his encounter with the leviathan lost to him like an opium dream... His inner demon screamed at him Yin snap out of it! Yin the darkness! It is taking you from me! Yin! Yin!<i></i>

"Yong!"<i></i> Yong stared blankly into the expertly etched engravings on the counter top of the teahouse, vague memories stirring. "Yong!"<i></i> His father nudged him gently to get his attention, "You still with us boy?"<i></i> Yong shook his head slightly to realign his thoughts, his focus returning to the real world. "Sorry father... I was a million miles away, what were you saying?"<i></i> His father smiled at the old, though glamorous woman serving them, maintaining eye contact with her as he spoke to Yong, "Please take these parcels of tea back to our room... Whilst I negotiate further with this beautiful creature... This may take a while..."<i></i> The old mans grin widened, "...hopefully all night."<i></i> Yong shook his head slightly as he turned to leave the store, "Sure... You crazy kids have a good night."<i></i>

His surroundings changed instantly, like the transition in a dream, though the transition remained almost unnoticed by the dreamer. He was now in a different part of the seaside trade district, the massive pier looming to his right as he continued towards the hotel room they had rented. A strange pull, almost a longing drew him towards the pier. He had the rest of the day (and possibly night) to himself so why fight the urge. He let his feet guide him to the unfamiliar shores, letting his mind wander back to the story carved on the counter top... The lake... The woman... The woman's scream! His reverie shattered in an instant as the sound brought him back to 'reality'.

Three shinobi surrounded a lone woman standing further along the pier, their murderous intentions obvious despite the fact that this trade district was a known neutral zone. As seals tattooed on his skin released, his armour folded itself around his body. Yong flashed into motion, placing himself between the woman and her would be assassins. The assassins blades struck harmlessly against his ancient armour. His eyes locked with those of the closest would-be assassin as he spoke words of power, "Kari-te no Gyoshi!"<i></i>

[399 words]

[Ooc: used "Reaper's Gaze" (with musical casting) on the three assassins - Gen DC in high and +8 Gen DC]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As a whole the assassins were frozen in their stances their weapons shattered as the woman behind Yong managed to stand once more she had quite a few wounds. They had apparently been attempting to bleed her out numerous wounds covered her body and the signs of bondage were all over her limbs and neck. This woman had been tortured repeatedly. Yong could have let her suffer her fate but he had intervened and now the three assassins were frozen in their tracks. The young lady valiantly grasped Yong's leg with the last of her strength and whispered her final request. "Make... them... pay..."

The young woman then seemed to faint from bloodloss, as the scent of blood and sorrow became overpowering.

The first assassin before Yong was struggling valiantly as he attempted to reach for a pistol on his side unable to differentiate between Yong and the illusion he was trapped in he planned to simply shoot until he couldn't shoot anymore. The other two were frothing at the mouth, one had even urinated and in doing so wet himself. The sweltering scent of the other two men's fear began to spiral out of control.

The scent of the lake washed away some of the assassin's abrupt stench but nothing could kill the reek of fear the lesser two assassins exuded.

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yong's shadow, his demon self dwelt in the tesseract void between the worlds of the Mirror, separated from his body when it had moved once again. Alone for the first time... Afraid for the first time... But he felt an attraction coming from above him (if direction really applied in this place). He concentrated on the point, feeling the attraction increase like steel feels a magnet. That is where I need to be... That is where I am... I will find Yin... With all my power I will find my Yin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His words of power drove the Reapers Gaze deep into the assassins minds. With the full force of genjutsu set in the assassins were at his mercy. Yong heard the movement behind him as the woman stood once more. He turned to look at her, instantly seeing the story unfold. Evidence of a longterm captivity, torture and torment, he could see the fear in her eyes as they locked with his. He felt the weak pressure of the young woman's grasp on his leg, her words came out as a whisper as her desire reached his ears, "Make... them... pay..."<i></i>

Yong was still looking into her eyes as he saw her begin to collapse, her face pail as she began to succumb to her ordeal. As she began to fall two perfect black, half size homunculi materialised out of the air, catching the woman and gently lowering her to the ground, their healing chakra quickly flowing into her injured body(1). Yong responded to her request as he turned back to her tormentors, though he knew his response would fall on deff ears. "As you wish..."<i></i>

Yong moved with malicious intent towards the obvious leader of the three men, his mask stopping inches from the mans face. His magnetic control holding the assassin's pistol in its holster, invisible force lifted him off of the ground as he was released from the genjutsu, though still held firmly in place by the unseen force. Yong raised his hands, pointing an index finger towards each of the lessor assassins. Chakra coiled through the lead assassins blood, drawing minute levels of iron through the mans veins and out through his pores, the pain would be excruciating. The iron helixed towards Yong's extended fingertips before thunder split the air. The iron moved at lightning speed towards the two lessor assassins. Their body's slumped unceremoniously to the ground, the iron projectiles leaving a small hole in the middle of their respective foreheads(2).

The last assassin dropped to the ground, this was his chance, obviously their attacker had lacked the concentration required to maintain the bind whilst using such a powerfull jutsu to dispatch his compatriots. Though his body protested, he managed to draw his pistol. A grin of triumph crossed his face as he pointed the gun towards Yong's chest and pulled the trigger. Triumph turned to shock as the pistol exploded with the force of the gunshot causing debris and metal to shrapnel through the man's body with purpose. Blood began to flow freely from the open wounds as the metal shards continued on their butchers path, guided by the magnetic influence still imposed on them(3).

The assassin screamed in agony. Only one word discernible in the screams... "Mercy!"

As the metal began to gain in momentum they began to tear slices off of the assassin, meat falling to the ground... "Mercy!"

Yong looked again to the unconscious young woman still laying where she had fallen, his servants doing their best to stabilise her condition. He turned back to the assassin, his eyes looking with disgust at the screaming man... "MERCY!"

"No..."<i></i>

[Ooc: 607 words
(1) shadow servant using special action to make two servants
(2) gigavolt railgun using spiralling sound to cast with no hand seals and add a target
(3) magneto blast]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman gasped and cried as she felt relief from the pain and suffering. She had never known relief. She had only known the darkness in man except from children yet this man had summoned dark forces to save her. She instinctively reached for his leg to feel his strength with her own hands as she cried out in pain, relief, grief, and joy all at the same time. Mist rose from the lake granting her an aura of strength denied to her for so long as memories sealed from her once again returned. She was a queen, a queen whom had been captured by pirates and abused for her powers then sealed away as a woman to be used as a plaything. With Yong's healing she was freed from the hold of the ancient curse as blood had been spilled on her behalf where her blood had touched both the earth and the water. Such an odd condition for breaking a curse but that curse had held for over 1000 years and now she was free and her savior would be hers forever now. She would have the champion she had been denied for over an eon.
hXDEEQv.jpg

The lake infused her with terrible power as the curse was shattered with the blood of the assassins. She smelled like fresh water, her eyes shined like a beast's would but they were black like a shark's eyes. Her flesh was supple and looked as if it was touched by the shimmer of a rainbow. Her hair whirled about as if it were alive as she grasped Yong around his leg then pulled herself to her full height as she looked over her savior.

"You are not from around here yet you helped me when I was at my weakest? WHY?"
She stepped around him as if she were swimming around him on mist alone. She examined, his armor and his scent and felt his power. He felt unlike any being she had ever come across in all her existence.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back