Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Exam at the forest

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Many students had been called out to the edge of the forest. It was a good location for the tasks and tests they needed to go through to prove their ability to become Genin.

Although he'd retired from the life of a shinobi there were few who were more qualified to take this exam than the man who stood here. He was a member of the council.
Isshin_Kurosaki.jpg

Juunin
Cloud Council Member​

It was here that a new generation of shinobi would be born, and here that they would prove that they deserved to be shinobi in the first place.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru looked down at the chicken scratch handwriting that was on the little note his sensei had given him when he was at the Academy last. It told him when and where the exam was. The edge of the forest? Haru was unsure of what this exam was going to consist of, but he knew it wouldn’t be easy.

As he was approaching the edge of the forest he remembered all the pointless missions he had to do, and the easy classes he went through. Every treating him like an insignificant animal. Becoming an actual Shinobi was the first step to respect and becoming a leader whether it is for or against the village. Though even when young Haru received his headband, nothing would change in his abilities.

He finally reached the exam destination and he realized it was only the man who would most likely be giving him the exam and himself at the exam location. He hoped some of his friends and classmates would show up, they entered the Academy when he did and should be graduating also. Haru thought back to his first class about Chakra control, Shimete and the blind boy, Aiko and Junko, Satoru and plenty of others could be here. He took a deep breath before introducing himself to the man.

Hello sir, I am Haru of the Santaru clan, I am here to become a Genin. Is this where the exam will take place? Thankfully the man looked friendly, not some exam proctor who would chomp his head off and fail him, or so Haru hoped anyway.

WC: 266
[Topic entered MFT]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
This exam was supposed to meet at the edge of the forest. Most people would head straight to the meeting place, but Shimete and Kazuma went around and through the forest. There were preparations to be made. Within the forest Shimete released her fake pets. The puppets were created by Hebi, a friend of the clan. Hebi was obsessed with making her creations look completely lifelike. She will use the actual pelts and feathers of an animal to make the perfect looking fake pet. Shimete released four fake pets into the forest, all animal native to this land. Kirrito, her wolf companion, also hid amongst the forest. When Shimete came out of the forest she was glad to see Haru. Shimete and Kazuma introduce themselves to the instructor and waited for the others to arrive so the exam can begin.

Kousaki Satoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Determined as ever, Satoru ran at a steady pace through the village, making his way out of the streets of the residential districts and towards the forest. The time for nervousness had passed for Satoru. He'd prepared himself mentally for that day and he was fairly confident in his abilities, enough that he was able to control his nerves. He was pleased with the progress he had made during the past weeks - he'd managed to learn a good number of techniques in the time leading up to the Genin exam and he hoped he could put them to good use, as the only thing he was lacking then was experience. He knew, though, that jutsu was only one of the things that made a shinobi, and he had to be prepared in all aspects to pass this exam, which is why he was very focused. He'd left his house at a later hour than would allow him to walk casually towards the meeting spot, so he could warm up his body before the test.

He soon reached the forest and then began going around its edge until he found the three fellow students, Tsubaki Kazuma, Nigiri Shimete and Santaru Haru, and next to them, a man who looked like the examinator. Satoru slowed down and gasped a little for air as he approached them. He was wearing a sleeveless cream colored shirt along with his usual three-quarter indigo pants, which had a pouch attached at the back, and in his feet he wore standard black sandals that slightly overlapped his white-taped ankles.

"Hello there," he nodded and greeted the other students. "Good day, sir," he also greeted the senior present.

[Entry]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"My brother has fallen behind. He haven't been attending class as he suppose to and now he's missing one of the most major events that's apart of his life. I'm pretty worried about him, but it seems as we both must find our own ways." "Today is the day! This is the day which I will obtain my ninja headband. This is the day when I become a Genin and it's time to show everyone how much I have grown." 

Junko stood stretching from the park bench he was sitting at. "Through my quite exciting academy days I have acquired a fighting spirit. I wonder how will it help me on my exam today." Junko retrieved a small note from his pocket to read before he started his walk. "Seems as if it's in the forest." 

Junko managed to reach the large forest within a reasonable amount of time. "This could end up being a wonderful battle area. To me it looks like this exam could be anything from hide and seek to seek and weep." "That note really didn't give an exact location. Am I  in the right place? I hope I'm not lost." "Seems as if this test has already begun. The first part of the exam must be finding the exam proctor."  

Junko stop to listen to a few voices he heard in the distance. "looks like I need to go north east of this area to reach the few voices I just heard. Hopefully the voices I just heard is some fellow classmates." Junko reached the small group of familiar faces within moments. Junko stood with his hair grown out and new clothing that made him comfortable. "Greetings everyone. Seems as if I'm in the right place."

[Entry]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Isshin_Kurosaki.jpg

Excellent, they had all arrived.

"Good afternoon students, my name is Juunin, I once was a Jounin of Cloud but retired early to become a member of your beloved council." He smiled as he cast the butt of his last cigarette to the ground and stepped on it.

"I have been told good things about each of you from your teachers at the academy. Well. With the exception of Kushin with a couple of you but don't worry, we know how to read between the lines when he talks." His smile broadened to a grin and looked at a couple of the students in particular.

"The first thing I need to sort out with each of you is whether or not there are any of you which want to try out for the ANBU or Medical branches. If there are I can separate you and give you slightly different tasks and that way you can move directly into those branches."

He paused and looked at each.

"Over to you if you wish to do this now, or if you'd rather just wait till after your exams to then seek them out and sort it out directly with the branches themselves."

He took out a new cigarette and a zippo lighter, lighting the new cigarette as he waited for the students to make their decisions.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I have been told good things about each of you from your teachers at the academy. Well. With the exception of Kushin with a couple of you but don't worry, we know how to read between the lines when he talks."

Haru couldn’t help but notice Juunin glance Haru’s way when he mention Kushin not spreading good things about the Genin. Oh boy…

"The first thing I need to sort out with each of you is whether or not there are any of you which want to try out for the ANBU or Medical branches. If there are I can separate you and give you slightly different tasks and that way you can move directly into those branches."

I think everyone here will be as surprised by my answer as I am. Haru was joining the Medical branch, the power hungry, egotistical, anarchist was going to join the medical branch and assist in saving lives. More importantly he will be able to learn more about kinjutsu, which in Haru’s opinion is where the real power is, so he does have a selfish reason for joining.

Juunin, I have an idea of a certain branch I want to join. I’d like to become a Medical Ninja. So please give me the certain tasks to get me into the Medical Branch. Thank you.

Haru grinned to himself, his future starts today.

Kousaki Satoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The last student to arrive was Junko, who had changed quite a bit since Satoru last saw him. It looked like the man was about to start addressing them. "Isn't his brother coming...?" Satoru wondered, looking at Junko, before switching his attention to the taller man.

He introduced himself as Juunin, a member of the village council, and it seemed he had been briefed about each student beforehand. Satoru's heart rate grew a bit when the man looked at him. The student wondered what expectations he was going to have to raise up to.

Juunin then asked if any of them were going to apply for either the ANBU or Medical branches, as their tests would be tailored accordingly. Satoru stood there and looked at the others, curious of their choices. He wouldn't say anything himself. He'd already decided he was going to in the Main Branch. The first reply came from Haru, who, to Satoru's surprise, said he was going to be a Med-nin. He glanced at him shortly with a raised eyebrow, "Haa?" He didn't let himself look surprised for too long though. After all, it was each student's decision, and it wasn't any of his business. He looked to see his other colleagues' choices.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kazuma burst out in a laugh at the question. “I’m afraid neither Anbu nor Medical branch would want me.” He then points to the blindfold covering his eyes. “For obvious reasons of course.” He highly doubt either faction would want a blind guy. He would be a poor watch guard at the gate and he would not be too much healing as a medic if he can’t see the patient. Shimete believes otherwise, she thinks he can make a good interrogator for if the is one thing Kazuma is good at is listening. His hearing is nothing compared to an hashigaki, but is still excellent hearing

Shimete on the other hand has heightened awareness and knows where she can best serve. She is the adopted child of the goddess of the hunt; the chose for her is clear as day. Shimete was a little surprised to see that Haru was not doing the same and slightly glad. They did not always see eye to eye. “Sir, I would like to join the Anbu. Please assign me the tasks require for my decision.”

[Oops forgot to do in first post]
[Topic entered by Dnpc Kazuma]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Good afternoon students, my name is Juunin, I once was a Jounin of Cloud but retired early to become a member of your beloved council."

"Interesting. I wonder what kind of skills can a retired jounin have?"

"I have been told good things about each of you from your teachers at the academy. Well. With the exception of Kushin with a couple of you but don't worry, we know how to read between the lines when he talks."

"I wonder what has been told to Juunin so far? I can only imagine what he has in store for us."

Junko cracked a small smirk as his mind had been made up for weeks on which branch he would choose to enter. "I see Haru wants to join the branch I had in mind. "I would like to join the medical branch as well." 

"I have been training by the day to prepare for this. As Sensei's Daisukes pupil I must not make myself or him look bad. After this I shall become a Medical Ninja In Training and I have already been interviewed so my last thing to do is pass this exam. Junko smirk quickly vanished as his mind was now completely set on the exam.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
How times have changed. He thought to himself as two students requested Medical assignments and one for the ANBU, leaving one for the main branch. It wasn't that long ago when things were the other way around, or worse, all four would request to be ANBU. A smile found its way to his lips as he drew in a breath of smoke.

One boy had let out a laugh and put himself down. Juunin walked past him and placed a hand on the boys head momentarily before continuing to the forest. While his hand was there however he said "Don't sell yourself short. Too many others will be all too ready to do that for you. Besides. Kiyo was blind, and she became a Raikage."

He walked a slow pace towards the forest assuming the kids would follow.

"The two who want to be mednin will partner themselves up with either the ANBU and Blind guy, or with the Main brancher. I'll leave you guys to pick who's with who."

As they would sort themselves out he would continue heading into the forest. He'd set things up before the kids had arrived. He hoped they would enjoy the test that was about to occur.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The two who want to be mednin will partner themselves up with either the ANBU and Blind guy, or with the Main brancher. I'll leave you guys to pick who's with who."

Haru raised his eyebrows and his brain started meandering through all the possible things the Students were about to go through to become Genin. They were pairing up. Are we separate teams? Going against each other or just separate. Uh oh.

So, I’ll be a partner with whoever wants me. I’m not picky I promise. Haru actually meant what he said, he considered everyone here to be equal, so no one would possibly give him an advantage or disadvantage. Though Haru did arrogantly think of himself as above everyone else like usual.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"So now I have to partner up. I really don't know much on anyone in terms of strengths or weaknesses."

"So, I’ll be a partner with whoever wants me. I’m not picky I promise."

"We may not have much time and I'm bad with decisions so I think I will leave it up to you guys to choose who you would like to partner up with." Junko put his hands in his pockets to carefully analyze the situation. "Is this a team matter which we compete with each other or is this a communication test? I'm not sure what he has in store for us, but I know for sure that I have to pass. Junko looked at Haru for a brief moment.

"I still remember details on him based on his introduction.

"I am Haru, I come from the Hiashi clan, we throughout history have been mainly philosophers and ninja. I have been following the rest of my clan in that aspect. I have begun the writing of a few books on some questions of the universe. As a ninja so far my greatest achievement is being taught the Storm Fist Jutsu"

"I doubt anyone has endured my type training so I may have an advantage.

Kousaki Satoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Junko-san too? Guess I misjudged those two...," Satoru thought, looking at the two students who opted for the Medical Branch. "And Nigiri-san chose ANBU... Interesting...," he looked at the girl too, before moving his eyes to the blind boy as well. The man moved and encouraged him a bit, saying something that drew Satoru's attention.

"Raikage Kagetsu Kiyo...!?" he looked surprised. He had read some about the former Raikage, but he never knew the two-time former village leader was actually blind. He followed the man with his look, who started walking towards the forest and told the trainees to form two teams.

It was either Junko or Haru he was going to be partners with. The other would form the three-man team with Nigiri Shimete and Tsubaki Kazuma. Both Junko and Haru soon said they would team up with either, so it was down to the other three's choice. Satoru knew he had to steadily but surely get used to being teamed up with whoever the situation required him, and since he'd already trained with Santaru Haru once before, he thought he'd pick other would-be Med-nin, if only for the partnering with someone he'd never worked with before. This choice he had to make made him even more curious and eager about the exam's challenges.

"Well um... Junko-san, shall we team up?" he asked, looking at the one he was addressing, before turning to Shimete and Kazuma. "Is this okay with you guys? Or..."

Satoru seemed a bit eager to start. He wanted to know as soon as possible what he was going to have to do to pass.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
From Kazuma perspective the teams were already picked by now. “Haru, get your butt over here.” Kazuma only been with Haru once before, but he did here a little more about him from Shimete. From what she told him, he did not sound like a person that would join the medical branch. Unlike Shimete he was not afraid to ask personal questions. “So what you made you choose the medical branch?” He also wondered about Shimete’s choice as well, but he can ask her about it later.

Shimete was curious about what the examiner said about the former Raikage. She wondered how she adapted to her blindness. “Kiyo was blind? Was she born blind? How did she manage to become Kage?” The examiner was unlikely to answer all her question; this was an exam not a class after all. However it didn’t hurt to ask. The information she receives might help her aid her master into becoming a great shinobi. She could only imagine Kazuma on day becoming Raikage with her by his side serving him diligently.

Kirito continued to hide within the forest. He kept a close eye on the examiner and wondered just what type of tasks he is going to give them that would be done in a forest. Kirito being the way he is, will most likely only help Shimete as an extra pair of eyes. He will speak to her telepathically is he sees anything important.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Isshin_Kurosaki.jpg

So it was Haru, Shimete and Kazuma in team 1 and in team 2 was Satoru and Junko. As long as they were happy in their teams he didn't care.

Shimete spoke up as they walked towards the forest however and asked about Kiyo.

"From my understanding she was born blind. I believe she became Raikage because the first time around she was the heir apparent. Back in the Fourth Age of Kumogakure the seat of Raikage was hereditary. Upon the entry of the Fifth Age Kiyo was the first Raikage and as she had no heirs the chain was broken. Yet she returned to the seat because the Council recognized her as a good leader for the time, we needed someone stable and who could make rational decisions. Sometimes leadership itself is the only skill that is needed, for a good leader can save lives without directly participating.

Juunin stopped at the edge of the forest and turned to the young shinobi in waiting.

"Now we're in what will be known as the Sixth Age of Kumogakure. Our Raikage, Hayata Shin, is the first Raikage of this age."

He looked at the two groups.

"You're team 1, and you're team 2." he said looking at the appropriate groups as he said as much.

"Your task is somewhere in this forest. There are twenty five pieces of paper inside the forest, five of them will have 'return to sender' written on them. Twenty of them will explode upon contact. Team 1 needs to find three 'return to sender' notes before returning to me, and Team 2 needs to find two.

First team to return to me wins."

[OOC: This is how this is going to work.

I don't care how you decide to go about finding them but if any individual taking this exam is hit by 2 explosions then they will be treated as unconscious.
If you split up to all do things separately that's fine, but the advantage of not doing so is that the "mednin" wannabe will be assumed to know some basic first aid and will enable the other member of the team to remain conscious.

So in effect: Split up and take the gamble and you might get it done faster. Stick together and it'll take longer, but it's safer.

In each round of posting if you're split up then each individual can find 1 note to check. If you stick together then the group will find 1 note to check.

Of course Team 1 could go in 1 group of 2 and 1 group of 1 if they choose to, but this is all why they need to get 3 rather than 2.]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete had an extreme advantage; they had numbers on their side. Shimete is a puppeteer and puppets can serve as a second line of sight. She can use her puppets to search for the pieces of paper on their own. She has eight fake pets on her person, but can only control four of them at a time. After the examiner gave them their task, she sends four of her puppets in different directions to search. She looks at Haru and says, “I assume you have some knowledge of healing. I’ll grab the paper and if it explodes you can tend to my wounds.”

Kazuma found himself at a disadvantage for being blind he would not be too much help in the search. “I’m going to wait her with the examiner. You go on ahead.” Of course just because he can’t help with the search does not mean he can’t be useful to the team. The finding of the papers was only the first part. The second part was delivery to the Examiner. Kazuma draws his sword in preparation. If the other team wants to deliver the papers to the examiner, they will have to go through him.

“OK.” Shimete understands and gets an idea in her head. She changes the direction of where one of her puppets was heading to follow the other team. It may come in handy to know how well the other team is doing. Also if need be she could have the puppet engage the other team in effort to steal or destroy the papers they retrieved.

[Ok that is 3 puppet currently searching, Shimete and Haru going off to search as a pair, Kazuma staying with the examiner, 1 puppet following the other team and a wolf keeping an eye on the examiner from his hiding spot. This is going to be interesting]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well um... Junko-san, shall we team up?"

"Sure I'm all for it." Junko turned to continue behind the exam proctor as he explained the some history on Kumogakure. "It's me and Satoru. This could be quite interesting considering we know nothing on each other abilities." Soon the examiner stopped at the edge of the forest and began to speak.

"You're team 1, and you're team 2"

"That's find with me."

"Your task is somewhere in this forest. There are twenty five pieces of paper inside the forest, five of them will have 'return to sender' written on them. Twenty of them will explode upon contact. Team 1 needs to find three 'return to sender' notes before returning to me, and Team 2 needs to find two. First team to return to me wins."

Junko shook his head to show he understood the task at hand. "Shall we begin? Once Satoru decided he was ready to start Junko would explain to him a few ideas he had in secrecy. "Well I have an idea to make this easy on us in many aspects. I have mastered a few jutsu such as Body Switch, Transformation, Clone, and a few others. I have a ninja summoning scroll with a special Katana placed in it. So I was thinking if we could momentarily confuse everyone. I transform into the exam proctor then use the clone jutsu to make many illusions of him. We could trick them into giving me their pieces of papers or even make it seem as if we split up."

Junko paused for a moment to observe the area before continuing with his idea. "If we decide to continue...Well I don't know any medical jutsu. If we was to tamper with these notes it could go many ways. Junko would then pause to listen to his partners ideas and views on the task at hand.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru listened to Kazuma ask him to join his team. That was fine with Haru he respected both the blind boy and his helper very much.

"Your task is somewhere in this forest. There are twenty five pieces of paper inside the forest, five of them will have 'return to sender' written on them. Twenty of them will explode upon contact. Team 1 needs to find three 'return to sender' notes before returning to me, and Team 2 needs to find two.

First team to return to me wins."

Shimete was the first to respond to the task they had at hand. We have a great advantage, power in numbers. Haru thought as he listened to Shimete agree she deployed a few of her puppets.

“I assume you have some knowledge of healing. I’ll grab the paper and if it explodes you can tend to my wounds.”

“I’m going to wait her with the examiner. You go on ahead.”

Understood Kazuma, yes Shimete I can keep you relatively healthy. Lets get going. Your three puppets can go different directions and you can lead. I will stay a but behind you and try to scan for anything you miss as well as helping you with your possible wounds.

Kousaki Satoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two groups followed Juunin towards the forest who spoke a bit more about the aforementioned former Raikage and about the current age of Kumogakure. He then assigned each team a number and started briefing them on their assignment.

"So it's a competition after all... Alright. Just two notes..."

"Shall we begin?" As soon as Satoru nodded at Junko, he suddenly noticed Shimete send out what looked like four pet puppets, straight into the forest. "Sh-she's a puppeteer!?" he exclaimed, but not too loud. He was genuinely surprised. He never expected this, and it would certainly put her team at an instant advantage. They had to think of something fast. The race was now on!

Satoru listened to his teammate, who told him about his abilities and gave a few ideas. He thought a few moments about the situation as well. "If we decide to continue...Well I don't know any medical jutsu. If we was to tamper with these notes it could go many ways."

"That's okay, I've thought of something. If it goes well we won't need any medical jutsu. Let's just go now, I'll explain it along," he replied and started running into the forest.

After they'd put a bit of distance behind them, he spoke again, "I'm not sure how well transforming into the proctor would work, I don't think they'll believe that he came into the forest himself. After all, we're supposed to bring the papers back there to him. If you're good at the Clone jutsu though, it might be useful if we run into them, but I was thinking it'd be better if we just hurry to get the papers. Making contact with them will only waste time, and they can already search faster, I think, because of that girl." His eyes suddenly widened, as if he'd remembered something. "Wait! That girl...," he thought, flashing back to the last class both he and Shimete attended. He remembered the pet wolf she had with her at that time, which seemed so peculiar. He remembered her saying she could talk with it and he started wondering about it for a few moments, but he remembered she didn't have her wolf with her before they entered the forest, so the boy let the thought slip. "Anyway, I think we might be able to pick up the papers faster," he continued, as he took out a small shuriken from his belt pouch and smiled. "I'm a pretty decent aim with these. The proctor said the explosive notes will blow on contact, so when we find one, I'll just throw a shuriken at it before getting too close so we'll find out quickly which are the real ones." He turned his head and started to briefly examine the area around them.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back