Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private [Examination] Red Team

Ōtakemaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
He didn’t see the sparks from Aria… but he sure as hell heard them. She sounded and felt angered beyond belief, understandably due to how many brain-games she was shoved into. Mitsuha managed to catch a glimpse of someone, so Take grabbed the handle of his Shokuin fast. An enemy was present…

… Wait, a piercing sound? Great, now they had to watch out for strange noises too. At this point, all of Take’s five senses might have been targeted for assault – his entire perception of reality in every way was at risk of being incorrect. While he didn’t feel like he was under a Genjutsu, it still terrified him… as if every second, what he was seeing might not have been there at all. It made him feel like his trust of the world that he was perceiving was ebbing away, and that was such a horrifying feeling…

… And with a deadpan look on his face, Take wasn’t that shocked to see Aria retaliate with the stress gathered inside of her by summoning that. A gigantic- no, a ginormous, wide and round reptile dropped from the air above them, at first threatening to flatten Mitsuha and Take. Mitsuha had dipped from the jump, but Take took a moment to just… process the ridiculous event in his mind before he thought about catching up to the bone dancer. Thankfully, Mitsuha had a bone shield in play, and Take excused himself in taking cover behind it. ”Too close, Aria…”

With her temper tantrum out of the way, Shusuke returned to them along with a bell as they regrouped – it meant that his plan to finesse the suit of armor must’ve worked. The area looked strange with the giant turtle that Take had his foothold planted on, but Shusuke made things clear – Aria had gotten the real bell from the trees earlier, and Mitsuha was granted the bell that Shusuke had obtained from Temanuchi-sama. Due to the giant turtle summon’s arrival, a lot of shrubbery was crushed and prompted many lifeforms to scurry around – snakes, insects and quite a handful vicious predators were now up and running, getting active at the break of dusk.

”Hang in there, Mitsuha. Maybe that voice came from nearby,” Take informed the bone dancer who now had a bell her way. She and Aria would have to hold onto them for dear life if they wanted to graduate and become Genin. He and Shusuke, on the other hand, had to obtain their bells yet… and Shusuke wasn’t going to wait the night out. At first, it felt a little reckless – Takeshi most definitely expected someone like Shusuke to ambush him under the shelter of night, but what if said shelter was turned against them?

And what Mitsuha mentioned earlier… there was an enemy nearby, or at least someone had been nearby them earlier. She mentioned a high-pitched sound of some sorts, but they hadn’t run into Lord Takeshi yet. Shusuke’s clairvoyance would likely have caught onto him if it was the case, but… would Lord Takeshi ambush them? Or would he await their ambush?

That voice! Take immediately braked in his tracks and was, once again, about to unsheathe Shokuin- at this point, it would’ve turned into a tic if he had to ready his Iaijutsu every time he saw or heard something suspicious. This voice… didn’t belong to Lord Takeshi! It commended their work up until now and reminded them to value teamwork, the topic of this exam. Their ‘fate’ – most likely their confrontation with the Hokage – awaited them further into the forest.

Take continued to follow Shusuke. The latter had a way with Sensory-type Jutsu, so Take would have to rely on that and aid with offensive firepower – he’d nod to himself while relaying his thoughts over to Shusuke once more: ”It’d… it’d be safest for the two to keep their bells by staying out of the rest. I know that, but maybe their help’s necessary. It’d be risky, but…” What would it be, what would it be? Take’s grip on Shokuin tightened with his inner dilemma, but alas – as a team, Aria and Mitsuha also had a say in this. They could aid them further or secure their bells, but separating from them would prove just as risky. Especially if there happened to be a second opponent in the Forest of Death…

But alas, he followed the leader. He had to be the sword, while Shusuke was his eyes.

[OOC Actions]
- Take didn't hear the piercing sound, but he noted what Mitsuha warned them about.
- Take narrowly avoided the giant turtle drop, thanks Aria <3
- Take warned Mitsuha that the source of that piercing voice might still be near them, even if they can't see them. Speculating if it's Lord Takeshi or, God forbid, a second opponent.
- Suspicious voice confirms to him that it's a second opponent. Damn it.
- Take has a dilemma while following Shusuke - should Aria and Mitsuha aid them in battle against the Hokage or not? What's safer? Their cooperation, or the bells' safety?

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha let out an audible sigh as the dust settled past her, thankfully she was quick enough to make a shield to block any flying debris and- Hm? Feeling something brush up against her, she half expected it to be some scary creature. But nope. It was worst. The young Kaguya's face turned flush red. Even in the middle of an exam, she can't get over her own shyness. And no boy has ever been this close to her. "Um... Otakemaru... Personal space please..." She managed to say. But thankfully, they all regrouped and Mitsuha listened to what Shusuke had to say.

A bell was tossed her way as he explained his intentions and plans to the group. He wanted her and Aria to stay back and protect their bells. Somehow, despite being a girl that is always handed stuff because of her family's social status, it just didn't feel right to her. She gripped the bell hard in her hand as they all heard a voice call out to them. A voice reminding them that this was a test of teamwork. She spoke out, "Yeah, I think it'll be good if we stay back." But almost immediately afterwards, the group would hear her actual thoughts, I-If me and Aria stand back while you boys are doing all the heavy lifting, then that's not teamwork. And if there is another person here other than the Fourth, then you two will need all the help you can get. Even so, if we split up, I think there would be a higher chance of either me or Aria losing a bell to this other person. I vote that we stick together and come up with a plan.

She had also noted that no one else seemed to be effected by any sort of piercing noise. She would form the hand seals to Cancel if there was such a genjutsu placed upon her. Next she would turn to Crush and give him a nod. This little guy would prove useful for the upcoming battle.

(bell taken)
(Used cancel since she noticed nobody else seems to be effected or at least not showing that they are being effected by a loud piercing sound)
(voting to stick with the group and come up with a plan)

Ayeka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Aria sat high atop Yousai's head with an annoyed expression as the turtle slowly slung it's head to the left and right before settling it's eyes on Aria's teammates and opening it's mouth to speak in an ancient rumble that shook the trees nearby. "Aria you have got to stop dropping me on people when you lose you're temper. I do not have the knee's of young turtle anymore." The turtle grumbled good naturedly to his summoner as the young girl herself apologised to the massive creature before jumping down from her perch to the tree's below to speak with her teammates. It seemed the group wanted to split up and keep the bells safe that Aria and Mitsuha had, but Mits disagreed with that judgment citing poor teamwork, however only cared that she was being left out of a fight against powerful foes so she took up position next to Mitsuha in support. "I'm not getting left out of a good fight! I might not get the chance to fight the Hokage again so I'm not missing this chance. " Seemingly forgetting this was an exam Aria cast her vote with Mitsuha. "I've also got Yousai with me who is like a fortress as well. We can rest on his back while we head for the Hokage and then me and Mitsuha can support from his back." As she spoke Aria pointed to the giant monastery seemingly built into the turtles back that despite it's age still looked sturdy and had seemingly been reinforced over the years.

[Offers Yousai as a ride.}

Sorry for small post.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke smiled as the team all began to follow him. `I am glad to know that you all know that abandoning your team makes you worse than scum! Y’all were taught well. Let’s go find the Hokage.`

Shusuke would begin to head deeper into the forest with his blade in toe. `Okay team. Ōtakemaru-kun and I will be front lining to earn our bells. Aria-chan and Mitsuha-chan offer support in any way you can. Do not forget that you too priority is to held onto your bells. All will be for not if you lose those.`

((OoC: Short Post I am sorry but I don’t want to be the cause of delay))

Ōtakemaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Apparently, it wasn’t a dilemma at all. Mitsuha made a good point – if they wanted to prove how good their teamwork could be, then no shinobi would be left behind. And she was the type of person who wanted to be left to her own… so what she said held weight. Aria agreed… uh, was the word ‘agree’ the right one to use here? Take could tell that Aria really wanted to fight the Hokage – she made that blatantly obvious – but her support was still that. Support. A helping hand. And against the likes of Lord Takeshi and the secret ghost haunting the woods around them… yeah. All for one, one for all.

Take still kept the front line. Since Shusuke was good at tracking down chakra signatures – and an overall amazing sensor – even if it felt like he was heading down a blind path, he trusted the Yamanaka to lead him straight to where Lord Takeshi was awaiting them. Take, however, was in no rush to just jump into battle – someone like Lord Takeshi wouldn’t fall for a loud ambush.

“Shusuke. Lord Takeshi will be hard to deal with… so I’m going all out, Take relayed to his blonde companion with sudden, glowing marks spreading over his face and arms, ”After all… that’s why you gave me this. Someone like Aria would’ve noticed, and recognized, the glowing colors from back when Take reverted back to his human form after having been trapped inside a flesh blob that had attempted to eat her. The flame-like patterns stretching over his skin, turning pitch-black and still after a moment.

And the surge in his accursed chakra, spiking up and surrounding him in a dark-red cloud of bad, bad energy.

WC 287 [MFT]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha would listen to the others thoughts as it was discussed that they would finish this together. They had a lot on their plate, but then again, if they work together, they just might be able to overcome this obstacle. If I were to guess, whoever else might be out and about in the forest with us might hang back and run interference and support for the Hokage. If that's the case, me and Aria will try and work something out. My crystal eye will keep watch of anything worth noting to relay back to you all. As for Crush, he knows some very basic medical jutsu, which just might be able to help you both out.

Ayeka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Aria crossed her arms as she looked over the team and she couldn't help but be bored with how this whole cloak and dagger battle had been going throughout the day and it didn't help that she had been dazzled by a vast array of powerful Genjutsu so Aria did what she always did when she had lost interest in a fight. She just left without a word to anyone as her turtle Yousai burst into smoke and Aria herself just blended into the first and disappeared without a work. The only thing marking her passage would be the jingle of a bell left on a nearby branch with a small note attached.

"Got bored, Going for ramen." Was all Aria's note said as she headed back to the village.

[Topic Left]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi sat at the tree as he knew they would soon be here, it would be interesting to see what approach they took, after all, it seemed that they had to come this far, and the end was in sight for the group, he wondered if they would instantly resort to violence, or if they would take another approach. After all this exam was a test of everything, not just on how well people could fight, if he wanted just fighters, he could hire an army in a split second, no he needed people who had the ability to understand and use their minds.

As he looked towards Hoshieri he smiled slightly wards her nodding in his place as he looked to see what would come next, after all, if needed he could push himself to his limits, but he wondered if that is what everyone wanted, or if someone would try and be smart about this actions, as after all they could end things before having to even fight. But of course, he would let the kids decide this was their exam and their actions would be what decided what happens not his own. He would just go with the flow of this, and so would the main branch Sennin in this situation.

"It seems that everything will be in the hands of the students to see the end to this exam, after all, we will know what they will do when faced with a tough call and react, its time for us to be on the back foot."

[MFT: 260]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi sat by the tree as the night continued to grow in on them, he allowed himself to stand up, it seemed that the team had slowed down and that was a shame in his eyes, however, Leaf was about growing stronger, learning, and making sure that everything they did was for a reason after all even Shinobi faltered and failed sometimes, but for this team, they had two bells, so he would see how they came out at the end of this. Turning his attention to Hoshirei and nodded to her, placing the last bell on the ground as he stood up. He had things to do and places to be.

"Tell those that come here, to come find me in the Hokage office, the exam is officially over from this point, let me have a conversation with them and see what they have managed to learn. After all, they have got this far, for now, though this is where it ends. Until then if you need me you know where to find me."

With that, he vanished into the night, leaving the group to finish what they had to do and come find him when they reached the tree.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back