Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Failure to Break the Fast

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A very hungry Takahashi Sousuke went down to the lunch room with a bowl of instant noodles in hand. In his mind there was an irony. It was 7:35am, and he was in the lunch room breaking his fast. The Steward made his way down the stairs silently without trying to disturb any others as it had been known for the Kazekage tower to have people live in it, other than himself. He made it past reception, who had passed out on the desk as the receptionist had been working the early shift of 4:45 to 11:45. He passed by his message slot and nodded his head. No messages. He was about to pass by when the concept of voice messages hit him. He walked back and looked at the answering machine. No messages. He didn't mind tending to the messages, what mildly annoyed him was not receiving them.

Sousuke made his way to the kitchen and took out a pot. He then went to the sink and turned on the tap. Cold water splashed down into the bowl. From there Sousuke went to the oven. He placed the pot on the stove top and turned on the heat. Within moments the element turned red and the Kazekage watched as the water came to a boil. He was about to pour the concepts of his noodle bowl into the pot when the pot suddenly exploded. The Steward managed to dodge the water, but looked at the stove to realize his plans to break his fast had been delayed. The pot of course looked like someone had nuked it with a high level devastation jutsu. Sousuke this time when to go get a kettle. Again he filled it with water and placed it on the stove top. He turned it on and once again the element turned red. Sousuke's mind wandered to the land of imaginary numbers as he awaited the water to boil. The kettle began to whistle and Sousuke took said kettle with extra caution and proceeded to pour the water into the plastic noodle bowl. This time the water was far too hot and melted the ramen bowl. Sousuke got on his knees and stared long and hard at the remains of his breakfast which was a smoldering mess of plastic and noodles. For a moment the Steward's eyes glassed over as he was upset, but no true emotion truly came to fruition upon his neutral face.

With the option of noodles gone, Sousuke decided to go to reception to borrow the telephone. He was now going to order food to break his fast. He picked up the spare and returned to the kitchen to plug it in. When he did so the phone short circuited and exploded. Sousuke face palmed, and looked at the remains of the model. He judged it to be defective, and that it would most certainly be returned to the manufacturer with a very long letter that was a complaint.

Sousuke walked over to one of the lunch tables, and proceeded to hit his head upon the desk in mild frustration. The only option left was to go to the Toraono dojo and see if they had any leftovers from the feast from the other night. That was problematic too as it would take considerable amounts of time to take the elevator to the surface and brave the storms out there. There was also the hidden passageway but that too would take a considerable amount of time. Sousuke folded his arms and placed them on the table and proceeded to rest his head in his arms.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi wasn't sure why, but this morning her father sent her with enough food for three people. She had no clue why she needed this extra food, as she didn't eat all that much and the cubs only ate about one person's worth between both of them. Another odd coincidence brought her into the Kazekage tower. Kora and Katsu actually chased a mouse inside, leading Kimi deeper and deeper in before they finally caught it. Kimi huffed as she was now lost within the building. Her stomach started growling as did the twin cubs' stomachs. Following the smell of noodles, melted plastic, and electrical explosion, the Nekozuka trio found their way to the lunch room.
Her father had always described the Kazekage and how he was a good man, and now, she got the chance to figure out if his tales were true.
"Uhm, Kazekage-san? Are you alright?" she asked and set her bag of food down on the table. The two cubs hopped up onto the chair across from him and gave him really cute questioning looks.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Uhm, Kazekage-san? Are you alright?"<i></i>

Sousuke's removed his arms and proceeded to hit his head on the table in morse code. Should Kimi understand morse code, which Sousuke thought children should know, she would have been given the following answer: NO. I AM NOT OKAY. He raised his head from the desk. His dark eyes looking that much more dead than usual and lacking the spark of life. He laid his head down on the table and realized that there was a very high possibility that Kimi did not understand morse code. "It is not the quintessential suggestion here that is an insult merely an implication that you do not understand the language of morse code. To answer you, no I am not alright. I have tried and failed three times, not once, not twice, but thrice to attempt to nourish myself in the most simple fashion of breaking my fast upon instant noodles. I feel as if some sort of outside source is tampering with my ability to achieve sustainability in its absolute barest of forms. It is most disturbing."<i></i> The Steward was so distressed that he even forgot to correct her instantly, "Steward-Kazekage."<i></i> That was until he realized to do so. Sousuke was if anything other than distressed, he was modest.

He looked at the two cats and simply stared at them. He seemed unaffected by their cutsey looks. "Felines. Cats. Kittens. Infants. "<i></i> He observed. "A pair. A duo. Two. Twice the amount of feline presence in this room to equal the presence of humans in this room."<i></i> He continued to stare at them with a very dead looking stare. He slowly blinked. Was he compelled to respond to their cuteness? Absolutely not. "I have a pet too. She is bigger than I, and forged from the steel from my parent's oven. I have programmed her to ... act like that of a canine. A new companion of mine, Number Seven is a canine too, but he is not under my ownership. He is his own master. He is most adept at human speech and the common language."<i></i> Sousuke's eyes narrowed upon the duo. "I must know... do you small feline creatures of the domesticated sort have the capacity to speak common?"<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi was a little surprised when the man started whacking his head on the table. It took her a few seconds, but she recognized the morse code enough to know he was saying he was not okay. She resisted rushing over to inspect his forehead for a wound. The cat girl's slitted eyes were focused on his face as he lifted his head up and explained why he wasn't okay. Her face immediately went into a shocked expression, closed mouthed, when he explained that he failed three times to make breakfast. He then corrected her on his title and her right arm immediately grasped her left.
"Sorry, sir."
She then listened with a slowly growing smile as he observed her girls. When he mentioned that there was equal feline to human presence in the room, Kimi couldn't help but snort a bit. He obviously hadn't noticed her cat-like eyes and two-skin-tones-lighter whisker marks. She hoped he hadn't noticed the snort and listened as he continued to talk about his mechanical canine. His speech then moved to another dog that could speak common. He then directed a question to the two cubs across from him.
"We talk. Is that what you mean, mister?" "Kimi, what capacity mean?"
Kimi chuckled at Katsu's question. "It means ability, Katsu. Their names are Kora and Katsu. I've been teaching them how to speak common. She paused for a few seconds and decided to address her snort earlier.
"I don't know if you heard it earlier, but I snorted because I guess you could call me part cat. I'm a Nekozuka. My name's Kimi. You probably know my father and his panther. He's a jounin. Oh! Speaking of him! He made me pack extra food this morning. Would you like what the three of us could never eat? It's an egg and rice dish."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke shook his head when the girl apologized. "Worry not. I am slightly drained... and troubled by the events of this morning."<i></i> Sousuke nearly fell out of chair when the cat began to speak. Not only one of them but the two of them. Sousuke crawled towards the two cats and stared at one then the other. "Fascinating."<i></i> He fought down the urge to pick one of them up and began an analysis of various things such as change in weight, mouth structure, fang size, and tongue change. "Highly evolved or ... merely trained? A query. One ... worth solving eventually."<i></i> The answer came quickly which was a simple one, one that Sousuke had minor difficulties accepting. "Taught them. Trained. Simple."<i></i>

"I'm a Nekozuka. My name's Kimi. You probably know my father and his panther."

Sousuke made his way from the kitten over to Kimi now. He looked at her and noticed the eyes. "Sharper eyes."<i></i> He observed. He thought back to his childhood days when he met Kimi's father. It wouldn't have surprised Sousuke, if it was her father who advised his own to motivate Sousuke into getting a pet. "Panther. Oh. Yes. The large feline that has predominately one fur colour. Your father's panther, I assume, is in no way a relation to these two?"<i></i> He was fond of that cat. It was a worthwhile subject worth observing as a child growing up. "Apologies for any prior offence in my inability to recognize you based on your lineage. The saying goes ... the apple does not fall far from the tree? Some think that in my case the apple has fallen very far due to my inability to wield puppets like my father Judori."<i></i>

"Oh! Speaking of him! He made me pack extra food this morning. Would you like what the three of us could never eat? It's an egg and rice dish."

Sousuke's eyes shifted from the child over to her breakfast. Sousuke slowly closed his eyes. "If that dish spontaneously combusts ... I will starve."<i></i> He opened one eye slowly. Yes. The goods were still there. They had yet to combust. He slowly opened the other eye. It was still there. Sousuke rapidly blinked. He half expected it to be consumed in flames. Nope! Still there. "I would be absolutely delighted to share in your egg and rice dish. I would prefer it if you ... served yourself and your felines first. I will have what is left, as you are but are still vertically growing where as I have stopped ... with of course the one exception being if I were to deploy my mark one amour which ... makes me look taller I am told. Mark two which has not even been completed in its alpha stage ... will make me look taller."<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi's bright purple eyes showed her mirth as he nearly fell out of his chair. When he said the word simple, she chuckled. "I'm afraid they're not so simple. They're special tigers bred by my clan. And, no, dad's panther isn't related. The girls' mom could speak common fairly well. The real trick will be the three of us learning how to speak Ruinic Terran. Cat and common are one thing, that language is another." Kimi chuckled.
"It's alright to not really recognize me. My grandfather told me that I look a lot like my great-grandmother and my mom. I've never met either of them though. Mom died from complications with my birth and great-grandmother died a week after I was born. It's not like we have to be exactly like our parents either. Dad's one for doing missions and fighting. I like sparring, but I think I lean more toward the medical branch than anything."
She watched as he eyed the food in her sack like it was going to explode. She had to keep herself from laughing. She understood why he'd be acting like that this morning, but it was still funny to see. He mentioned that she was still growing and needed the food and she smiled. Then he started talking about some armor that made him look taller.
"I think you're pretty tall already. If you were any taller I'd have to strain my neck to look you in the eye! And, don't worry about me. I packed the extra food in a different container. Here." She pulled out the food, hers and the cubs' and then the extra container. Kimi set it down in front of Sousuke's seat before shooing the cubs onto the floor for their food. "There's nothing fishy in it, though fish in it would be yummy." The young Nekozuka licked her lips at the mention of fish before she chuckled and tucked in to eat.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke opened up the bowl. Heat rose from the rice it smelled heavenly. Sousuke took a hold of his chopsticks and closed his eyes. "I thank the One King, the First Men, Mother Suna, and most importantly Lord Nekozuka for this meal. It shall not be wasted."<i></i> Sousuke proceeded to chow down, but he took his time. He ate slowly and gracefully. Chewing up the rice and egg thoroughly before swallowing it. He was savoring every bite he had. Sousuke wiped his mouth from any mess he had and he certainly was careful not to spill any of the rice. He ate in silence, but from time to time he would look at the two kittens who too seemed to be enjoying their meal. He also made sure that Kimi too was eating her meal as it was his fullest expectation that she too completed her meal and not let anything go to waste. When he was finished there was not a grain of rice left in the bowl.

"That was by far the best rice and egg I have ever had. It was a treat compared to my morning fare of noodles. My truest and most sincerest compliments to your father the master of rice. Mm... good food too is a type of science, one that I am not familiar with as I associate myself with Quantumis Extremis theories of Endgame Developmental Progression. That involves mostly imaginary numbers and zero-frame physics. Though I will say that nourishmental sciences are ... an absolute must. Did your Father study at an accelerated level?"<i></i> Sousuke inquired. "Ah yes... and I did not forget about the fish. I do not believe I have had fish in a long time. Not since my ... eighteenth birthday... but we had lobster... and that was actually cooked by House Toraono. Even when cooked lobster is a most laborious food to consume considering all the cracking and twisting..."<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi tried not to stare at Sousuke as he ate. It was interesting to see someone eat so gracefully other than her family. They were hardly ever messy eaters, but it was kind of cool to see someone else eating like they did. She glanced down and checked on her girls. They were eating fairly quickly and she could hear funny little purrs echo out of their mouths as they chewed. Kimi ate her food until there was about a third left. She never understood why her father gave her so much food. She looked down and saw that Kora and Katsu had finished eating.
"Still hungry?" she asked in a meow. They nodded their heads and she split the remaining third of her meal between them. They asked if she was sure, and she reassured them that she was full.
When the Kazekage started praising her father's cooking, Kimi smiled.
"Actually, my great-grandmother and grandmother taught him. They were apparently quite the cooks. My father always says that I am like her. That I even have the special gift she has, but he won't tell me what that gift is. I guess I'm confused as to what it is." For a few moments, she became quiet and her brow furrowed slightly. After a few seconds, she shook her head to rid her of odd thoughts.
"Ya know, you could come over sometime and have fish with us. You deserve a treat now and again." the cat girl said with a bright smile.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"My father always says that I am like her. That I even have the special gift she has, but he won't tell me what that gift is."<i></i>

Sousuke pressed his chopsticks underneath his chin. "Hrm. The reason for that is to perhaps have you develop them in a manner that will exceed and surpass his own skills or hers."<i></i> The Steward thought hard. "In academy class, I was not exceptional for a while. I passed my classes, but didn't surpass my father or his father before him in skill level. The problem was that the educational system approached me on the aspect that it would be natural for me to control puppets and chakra flow naturally due to my heritage as the Takahashi are renowned for puppets."<i></i> He paused for a moment. "Then it was at the suggestion of Lady Azame of House Toraono to ... educate me in swordcraftery. That of course ended well, exceptionally well."<i></i>

"Ya know, you could come over sometime and have fish with us. You deserve a treat now and again."<i></i>

Sousuke tapped his chin with the chopsticks once more. "I read somewhere that fish accelerates the growth and power of the brain in youth..."<i></i> He stared at the tiger cubs and couldn't help but think of that study. He turned back to Kimi and answered her about the treat. "That is to say I would be delighted to have fish, and it would indeed be a treat... but I must ask what I am being rewarded or treated for? Is it my ingenuity? The fact I am ... the working-steward? I have balanced the books? "<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimi listened as he talked about his academy days and how he didn't really live up to his normal family ways and then how he was able to overcome that with his own means and the teachings of others. Her smile stayed on her face, even becoming a chuckle as he talked about how fish were supposed to accelerate mental growth and power. The smile disappeared as he asked why he would be treated. Her eyes darkened in annoyance and she sat back, her arms crossed.
"Does there have to be a reason for a treat?"
The cat in her was starting to come out full force. He may be her future superior, but sometimes a cat just got annoyed.
"If you need one, how about seeing an old friend for his birthday, ne?"
Kora and Katsu looked at Kimi like she was a little crazy until Kimi started smiling again.
"All I wanted to do was invite you over to dinner. If the rest of today will be anything like this morning for you, then you'll need some help cooking the rest of the day too. Dad's birthday's today. I just think it'd be nice if you visited him. He really respects you, ya know."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The corners of Sousuke's mouth attempted to make a frown, but he wasn't able to do so. Something was missing apparently in the Steward's physical make-up to allow him to frown, and it wasn't missing the fact he lacked the muscles to form the frown. He detected abnormalities in the Nekozuka. "I'm sorry."<i></i> He spoke, "I don't quite know what to do at times like these... as times like this are uncommon and rare."<i></i> He bit his lip. "Ah. I should bring a gift."<i></i> He thought for a moment trying to think of Kimi's father. A sort of practical man. What would a man want? "Does he have need for a new razor? I could make him a few. Shaving is such a chore."<i></i> Sousuke's eyes narrowed as he patted his face with his hands. Good. He didn't have to shave just yet.

"I just think it'd be nice if you visited him. He really respects you, ya know."

Respect. It was something Sousuke had trouble with in concept. The fact this child's father respected him was a mystery to Sousuke, as he was not a conqueror of people. He was an inventor, a creator. Was such characteristics respectable? It seemed that way. Sousuke opened his mouth to say something, and nothing came out. After a few seconds he closed his mouth as it would have been rude to have his mouth open. "I shall."<i></i> He finally said after mustering command of the common language. "I... I'm not used to this. I will honour the respect given to me by your father. People who are loyal to me shall not be disappointed in me. I will do anything and everything within the realm of infinite reason and possibility to make that certain."<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Even as Kimi's emotions evened out again, the subtle presence could still be detected behind her slightly darker eyes. It would almost look like another being was looking at Sousuke from behind those slitted eyes. She listened to the Kage with a small smile. When he asked if her dad needed a new razor, she paused and thought about it. Her dad's face had been a little more prickly lately, probably from a faulty razor that he didn't want to use.
"Yeah, he could probably use a new razor. I think his is dull. I don't know about shaving being a chore. I'd imagine if I was a man and had facial hair it would be annoying to have to shave every day. As it stands, I don't have that issue." she chuckled and the presence seemed to chuckle as well. It then disappeared within a small twinkle of blue in Kimi's purple eyes.
Kimi watched as Sousuke opened and closed is mouth somewhat like a fish before he could speak again. Her expression brightened and softened at the same time as he expressed his willingness to make sure that people weren't disappointed in him.
"Don't make it sound like an obligation, silly." Kimi chuckled, trying to make sure he knew she was joking. "I doubt anyone will ever be disappointed in you, Takahashi-san. Never ever."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke would have delved deeper on the topic of others placing faith in him, but this child seemed so ... adamant in his abilities that he decided not to do so. Sousuke in his few months as Steward-Kazekage had fully yet come to terms what his job truly was. Yes the Takahashi were stewards, but now he was the leader of the village until the Sunahoshi returned. The Sewards were not used to having such power at times like this. Day by day Sousuke was slowly grasping at his new position and the new responsibilities associated with his job.

In Sousuke's mind minutes had passed as new experiences and concepts went through his mind Sousuke merely nodded his head. "Mmm."</B><i></i> Sousuke's mind returned to the gift that he was going to get for Kimi's father. "I will be present for tonight's celebration. I assure you I will make my arrival most timely and punctual. With many a gift I shall come, not only to repair your father's kindness of this morning, but to celebrate the anniversary of his existence." He spoke with noble intentions. <B>"Onward."<i></i> He spoke throwing his fist up into the air before leaving the room. Before leaving Kimi completely he poked his head in once more. "Thank-you. Your aid in bringing me delicious substanence to break my fast is truly appreciated."<i></i> With that the Steward was gone to complete his tasks for the day... not to mention to prepare for the birthday of another.

[topic concluded]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back