Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Failure to Comply

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward gazed upon his mark two armour beneath a wall of glass. The Steward covered his face with his hand and in particular rubbed his eyes with his index and thumb. He was quickly learning the limits of the mark two. The mark three of course was something completely different, and the Steward wasn't quite comfortable with it just yet. The design was way too random at times, and far too risky. Thus was the nature of upgraded plasma element with higher levels of a heat state to form the Magna Primus element, which was name of course after the One King of old.

The Steward was not alone in Keystone Prime. At his side was his faithful companion Kitchenzilla. The metal monstrosity stood beside Sousuke towering over him letting out a few barks. "Yes girl?"<i></i> The Steward turned as he reached up to rub her underneath the jaw. As he did so the frown again surfaced as it was common to do so these days. The Steward wondered about making a companion for his much adored pet. Kitchenzilla oftentimes enjoyed playing with Number Seven and Getsurei, but the funny thing was that Kitchenzilla did not tire out at all during 'play time'. Playtime for Kitchenzilla was to chase a ball which both canines were loathe to do especially Getsurei since unless he was possessing the 7.1 unit was impossible. Even then ... catching the ball was something both male canines seem to get bored with. Number Seven did it because he didn't want to get out of shape, and he did so out of being polite to Kitchenzilla who always had a ball, catching the ball.

Kitchenzilla let out two barks and dropped a red ball into the Steward's hand. The Steward bounced the ball and then threw it down the hallway. While his pet chased after it the Steward approached the console. The cleaning process of the mark two was taking its time. Perhaps too long. Was the cleaning unit malfunctioning?

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yes, yes, of course. That was certainly accurate. The stars in the sky, with their beams of light, were certainly a source of something much more astonishing above this drab and god forsaken cave. Certainly, The young and voluptuous Kitanai, herself, wandered the walls of the Keystone Prime, her head facing down as she seemed to count on her fingers, Though I have never been there, it can't possibly be anything too fantastic. A world so dull you can only see stars at night. Blasphemy. You can see the glow worms at any time of day here. Perhaps the cost of leaving isn't worth it... The woman had just arrived from the viewing and stargazing area of the research department. Her brain filled with wonders of what it would be like, for once, to leave the village for bigger dreams above. But, of course, funds were lacking.

Maybe they'd let me through if I went to see the guard aga-- A ball rolled and ricocheted off the wall in front of her from another hallway, bouncing towards her. Why was there a runaway red ball in the Keystone Prime?

The slender frame bent over, picking up the ball as she continued on her walk, tossing the ball carelessly up and down in her hand before the room began to tremble. What's that? Her head looked upwards, and around as the walls shook and the strange sound a thumping and a metal against metal came shrieking down the hallway. Kitanai backed up, turning around to face what looked like...

like...

Wait, what?

What was it?

She froze, her hands in the air--a ball in one--as the creature skidded to a stop before her. "Holy shit..." The vulgar woman whispered as she stared doe-eyed at the monster before her. It stood, seemingly harmless, before it let out a hideous sound (a whine that was misinterpreted by the paranoid mind), causing Kita to let out a brief scream of surprise as she backed up slowly, the creature following and taking in every step. "H-H-Hey now....big 'fella..." She whispered, trying to sooth the mad monster, her hands slowly dropping--

The head followed where her hand went. Kita's head turning to look at the red ball in her hand. She shook it a few times, the creatures head following each move as she raised her eyebrows in surprise. "You want the ball?" She asked, her voice surprised and full of wonder. "Y-You want to play fetch?" The black-braided woman laughed nervously as the monster leaned forward excitedly, shaking it's body for a moment as it let out a...bark?

"Y-Yeah, okay! Fetch! I can do that!" She laughed nervously again as she turned, drawing her hand back a bit, hesitating for a moment, before throwing the ball as far down the hallway that she could make it. The machine squealing excitedly as it dashed past her--knocking her to the floor--as it's loud thuds burst through the hallway towards the ball.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward continued to stare at his mark two. Cleaning the armour was now underway. Apparently the problem was that the cleaning device had a false start. The Steward merely shook his head. The Steward watched as the tank filled up with water. The Steward looked down to see the timer activate. It would be twenty minutes before this phase of the cleaning was done. The Steward paused for a moment as he heard another voice. Ah. Yes. Someone had met Kitchenzilla. Usually these would end in shouts of fear, or laughter. More times than not it would be of fear. The Steward attended the console once more and swapped through to the security cams. He replayed the last few seconds as he watched Kitchenzilla run into Kitanai.

The Steward sighed. He didn't want to deal with her. Not right not, and perhaps never again. The Steward had to think quickly as to avoid this situation. A simple matter of deception would do. The girl had seen him in his mark two, but not the mark one. The Steward merely exhaled and stood still as his mark one armour proceeded to activate and encase his frail flesh. Once completed the Steward looked into the glance and noticed his hair was the same. This wouldn't do. The Steward quickly noticed there was a hoody coat in the room. The Steward walked over removed his own labcoat and placed on the hoody coat. He quickly pulled the hoody up to cover his hair. Yes. This would do quite nicely wouldn't it?

The Steward was still had moments even though he worked though his autism for the most part. Still though every so often he had his moments where he refused to be social with people. Having adopted his disguise the Steward kept an eye on the monitor. Kitchenzilla was now in hot pursuit of the ball... and Kitanani was still there.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The hallways rumbled until the loud thuds echoed into silence from the violent throw. The woman stuffing her hands in her pockets as she took a moment to stare down the dark hallway. Why was she waiting? Foremost, the creature did seem harmless, but it's origin and potential was unknown to her, and it probably wasn't the best idea to stand there idly and wait for it to come charging back. With her sort of luck, the metal contraption would have poor eyesight, and run her flat onto the floor.

Yet, there she stood. Clad in clothing that was actually less revealing than most, and yet still pressing her cleavage in any way, shape, or form possible. Her brightly glistening cyan eyes staring down that hallway as she felt the floor tremble again and the mechanical stomps coming searing back down the hallway, a slight smile crossing her face as the monster skidded to a stop in front of her.

The beast folded down low to the ground, shaking it's rear side to side as the red ball rolled out of it's metal jaws and it seemed to tremble with excitement. "Oh, you're not so bad!" Kita teased as she turned, shaking the ball to entice the creature to follow.

"Come on, let's give you more room to romp!" She exclaimed, not worried about anyone missing the metal monstrosity. If they wanted it to return, certainly they would have followed short after the red ball had been first thrown.

So, the raven-haired buxom beauty made her way back towards the artificial sunlit outside, moving towards the courtyard with her newfound childish friend following and whining in suspense, people pressing against the hallways to move out of the way as they broke into the light and Kitanai gave the red ball a hefty throw across the back courtyard--mostly empty, as it was only used for events--the clanking creature tumbling and sprinting off towards it.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward stood and watched the monitor. Did she? She did. Kitchenzilla was abducted. Beneath the yellow glass lenses the Steward's eyes narrowed. The Steward's fist met the desk and a dent was put into said desk. Did this woman know no bounds for what he had? The Steward proceeded to face palm. Should he bust out the experimental weapon? Clearly this woman had to be dealt with in some manner. The Steward walked over to the opposite side of the lab and keyed in a few numbers. A few panels shifted and the Steward's flame cycle rose up. The Steward stared at the monitor for a bit longer. No. The flame cycle was overkill. He could catch up easily enough. The ball was in his court, and it was snack time for Kitchenzilla. The Steward grabbed a bucket of bolts. It was merely a case of phase shifting after the two. The Steward inhaled, exhaled, and vanished.

When the Steward did catch up he whistled out to Kitchenzilla. The face plate mouth section opened up. The Steward placed his index and middle fingers in his mouth and did said whistle. Upon the sound Kitchenzilla turned around and wagged her tail. The Steward then threw the bucket of bolts aiming it to spill across the floor, and that it did. The Steward's pet proceeded to charge back and began to chow down. The sound of crunching metal was heard loudly as the mechanical pet proceeded to eat the bolts. Kitchenzilla even proceeded to eat the pail too. The creature let out a series of low woofs, and continued to wag her tail as she was in a state of bliss.

The Steward turned his gaze from his pet now to Kitanai. The Steward said nothing. He just merely stared. Given his metallic visage, it was difficult to tell what mood he was in.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The red ball flew, lost in the sun to her human eyes, the beast so excited to catch it as she bolted towards the flying toy, Kitanai leaning back on her heels and putting her hands on her hips in a satisfied sort of manner. A coy smile crossing her lips as she watched the creature come dashing back, ready for, yet again, another good throw.

However, on her way back, a piercing whistle echoed through the air, stopping dead in her tracks as Kita turned slowly to face the source of the noise, which was none other than her 'favorite' steward. Her eyes watched the beast dash towards what seemed to be an odd snack, though horribly ironic, and almost humoring in a cannibalistic sort of way, the woman turned her body fully to face the knight in shining armor.

"You really must have charming property, Sousuke." She said with that cocky tone, "Because my hands are naturally drawn to them." Her eyes brightened as she smirked, and looked around.

"So, mind telling me what the hell it is...and why it's here...and why you built it, too, perhaps?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward rolled his eyes as Kitanai spoke and made her facial expression. "You have mistaken me for a member of House Toraono. They have a number of properties that are quite excellent. You certainly have made quite a few wrong judgments in terms of my character and possessions. I think this numbers ... seven now? No less than six, but certainly no more than eight for certain."<i></i> He answered. The smirk on her face bothered the Steward. Mainly because of what she said had two meanings to it. The Steward was not fond of double entendres. Especially when they involved things on an emotional and physical level. To him it was a very exhausting experience.

As any normal person would do, Kitanai went to question Sousuke on what exactly Kitchenzilla was, and why he built it. The Steward took a moment to think. Did he really want to explain the concept to such a rogue? In truth? No. The Steward wondered if Kitanai even had the mental prowess to understand his reasons. Then again she was the one who asked. It was possible. "She is an experimental design founded upon the forty-third principle of other-realism imitation of the canine mental format while physically she is forged from my mother's oven and affixed with components of wild elemental power cores. The mental makeup and the physical makeup components were somewhat made up as I went ... because a shell is easier to produce than a mentality is."<i></i> The Steward paused and awaited to see if any of that made sense for the thief. Sousuke doubted it. "A well kept secret in terms of design and production... or lack of mass production really. The vernacular term ... I believe you would understand best is ... pet. She is my pet."<i></i> The Steward thought about her second question. "My parents wanted me to have a pet, and I was somewhat concerned that I may forget to look after said pet in terms of feeding and cleaning it resulting in their demise. Kitchenzilla, or Kitchy requires less of those two activities, and is far more manageable."<i></i>

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The metal contraption of a man and his metal contraption of a companion shared a malleable moment of tender sweetness munching on well cooked bolts together--yeah, it was pretty weird. The woman, trying to get him talking so she could casually back off of the scene. Sousuke wasn't the calmest of men, and he was already counting how many screw up she made in his presence.

However, he explained the purpose of his 'pet' and why it was created. Ah, yes, in the light of his parents--in which Kita still found humor in, as he did seem peculiarly dependent on his parents, for reasons she had yet to understand. Perhaps it was his strange personality. Even his strange personality showed through in his invention of his pet--out of an oven? And the name was just as strange.

"Really, now, Sousuke?" She asked in that familiar sultry voice, an eyebrow raising as her hands stayed stuffed in her pockets. "That's a real shame, she's a pretty good...uhm...dog-thing... I'd think you'd want to donate her to people who are willing to play with her." She shrugged, not accusing, but rather, thinking of the children from her childhood. "I mean, I'm sure you're a good owner, and everything, but you're much older now and you have a lot of responsibilities. You're busy, you know?" Kitanai moved to take a few steps towards the two, her eyes locked on him, and her movements slow and cautious.

"Don't you think a bunch of kids could benefit from her?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward's expression soured. The frown came upon his face as he listened to Kitanai speak of how he should donated Kitchenzilla away. The thought was very ... disturbing to say the least. His eyes shifted away from her and to Kitchenzilla who was finishing up her snack of bolts. "No."<i></i> He said suddenly and quietly. He himself hadn't realized he said it. "You don't have the right to ask that of me."<i></i> He stated further in a low voice. True there was the monstrous canine known as Number Seven, but he was not his pet. By no means was he a pet, he was a friend. A dear friend, but not a pet.

The Steward could perhaps make another pet yes, but it wouldn't be the same of course. He had memories of Kitchenzilla. Dear memories. "Kitchenzilla is not some sort of toy meant to be pawned or handled off."<i></i> Sousuke spoke up. He projected his voice at her. The Steward's hands curled up into fists. His eyes narrowed. "I don't neglect her either, I take good care of her. I attend to any loosened limbs, and I make sure her teeth remain sharp through use of a whet stone."<i></i> The Steward knew that his bond with Kitchenzilla was not on the same level as an Inuzuka, but still it was meant something very much. In truth the whole concept of Sousuke having a pet was meant to open him up more to people. In a way it had worked, and in others it hadn't. "I understand what you're getting at, but is it your unconscious intention to take everything of mine away? This isn't the same as my family heirloom of course in the sense that this not a matter of personal wealth, but Kitchenzilla is something of great sentiment to me. I wouldn't expect you to understand such things, especially when you don't create things as I do."<i></i>

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Since when did this man have move rights than her? Surely, he wasn't suggesting some sort of dictatorship with the way he spoke to her. One madman to the next, she supposed. But she had every right to ask him to give a toy away to children, didn't she? Growing up in the orphanage, she knew very well that that sort of creature would benefit them much more than it would him. Perhaps his immaturities were his childhood memories, though, and left him needing that so-called pet more than an average person.

"If I wanted to take everything away from you, Sousuke," She gave a coy smile, "I'd kill you." Her eyes looked away, shaking her head, "But I won't, because I don't want to take everything away from you. I just think you could do with a bit of..." Her voice trailed off as she looked to Kitchenzilla, watching her for a moment. The way she interacted with her owner--no, creator.

"You know what, nevermind." She suddenly said, her thoughts, perhaps, not clear to him as she shoved her hands deeper in her pockets and kicked the dirt below her feet. "Do whatever you want Sousuke," She turned away, heading towards the main section of the village again, her head staring upwards and her hair burning in the heat of the cave. Her skin glistening in the light of the artificial sun. She got a bit of the way before turning to face him, calling out: "Though, I do think it's funny that I keep running into you places, Sousuke. Maybe you should have me executed."

A devilish smile crept on her face as she shrugged, her hands still in her pockets, before turning around and strolling back towards the village.

[Topic Left, Unless Stopped.]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward went on the defensive. When she made her threat, the Steward held his left hand behind his back and proceeded to charge a plasma orb. When she didn't make any sudden movements, he let the plasma orb disperse. "You're no better than the bullies who I grew up with."<i></i> He spoke. "I doubt you would have noticed it, but I am a higher level minded singularly focused autistic directive with medium to extreme anti-social capabilities incapable of expressing myself accordingly. Social etiquette isn't my thing, and apparently you failed to derive the concept as to why my parents wanted me to have a pet... as a means to help meet my ends. I assure you I would very much like to be in my lab right now working away and ignoring you and your roguish activities. Unfortunately it is expected of me as the Steward to be social in all forms."<i></i> The Steward paused for a moment. "I don't have the luxury of fading away and allowing nature to take its course with my disabilities. No I have to combat said disabilities, and still to this day deal with the ridicule by my former school peers some who have turned to a life of crime like yourself. Society these days allow people with disabilities some form of entitlement, and if my entitlement of having a pet is so wrongful in your eyes then I suppose all of those with a disability should suffer?"<i></i>

"You make think it's funny we keep running into each other, but if I were to have you executed I would swing the blade. My father always said to me, those who pass down the sentence should swing the blade. "<i></i> He paused again. He seemed like he was going to say some more, but he seemed stuck, as if not sure what to say. "Not today though. Not today. I would appreciate it if you were to finish your sentence from before."<i></i>

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
No better than the bullies he grew up with? That was his return response? Sure, she wasn't the nicest to him, but by no means did she bully the man! Nay, if anything, she took pity on his misfortune If anything, she was simply stepping over the dirt mound he had created in the ground. For anyone else, well, she Very well may have crushed the pitiful nonsense under her boot, with a bitter smile, as per usual. However, it appeared as though the Steward had a different idea of what was her purpose with him Rather, she was disturbingly delighted to hear that he was not just some painfully shy and rude man, but rather, had an excuse like no other. He had a chemical imbalance that made him who he was. What she should think of that, however, was a bit of a loss to her. "How is this creature to help you cope?" She scowled, clearly not understanding how the odd machine could possibly make it easier for him to socialize.

"An entitlement," She scoffed, rolling her eyes, "That thing isn't an entitlement, Sousuke. It's a contraption. You would think you would try and find an entitlement that could benifit you a bit more than that, no?" She mentioned, shaking her head. Sousuke's mind was at a loss to her. It did not function in a way that made sense to her, and, in a way, she figured it would never make any sense.

"Not today? Dammit, Sousuke, if you're ever going to do it, why don't you stop being a coward and kill me?!" Kita pushed her teeth together, grimacing at him, as though, for once, she was totally disgusted by the existence of his being. "For heaven's sake, Sousuke, you're at a total loss in this life, aren't you?" Her body turned back around, heading back in the direction she had first started in, shaking her head

[Topic Left Unless Stopped--Again]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The sides of Sousuke's lips jerked. He seemed close to expressing something facially. After some amount of time the attempted expression failed to manifest. His eyes narrowed. "It's more than just a contraption, but you are simply incapable of seeing it as so because you suffer from peripheral vision."<i></i> He stated. "She helps me cope with certain items because she can ignore certain functions, pets will grasp the concept to leave the owner alone once they've been ignored for a long period of time. Kitchenzilla's mental structure, which we will not talk about any further, is structured in such a way to persist. I am told persistence is half the battle, but I so far I have failed the grasp the concept."<i></i> Kitchenzilla let out a few barks. The Steward attended to his pet. "Yes. I see you've got a bolt stuck in your teeth... hold still girl."<i></i> Sousuke reached into the mouth of the metal beast and tried to remove the piece of bolt that was stuck. With some effort he did pull it out. "There we go. Stay. Stay. Good girl. Who's a good Kitchy?"<i></i> The Steward reached up and patted his pet underneath the jaw. The pet let out a few barks before turning her head to face Kitanai. Another series of short barks followed.

For a while, a long while in fact it seemed like Sousuke was just going to ignore Kitanai. That was until Kitchenzilla nudged him with her tail. The Steward opened mouth and shortly after closed his mouth. He seemed to be having difficulty. The Steward wanted nothing more than to wipe Kitanai from the face of the earth. He merely wanted to blot her out. Doing so was easy enough. Gifted she might be, she had limits. They were unknown, but the Steward was certain he could find them out quickly. That was easy. Sousuke would not take the easy way out though. Enduring and dealing with the nuisance known as Ijimeru Kitanai was difficult, and in some what unseen at the moment would be rewarding. His parents always told him that the harder way was the better way. The Steward's mind ran amok. "Failing to be your maker is not cowardice, being your maker is cowardice."<i></i> He spoke up. "I have greater things to deal with than just you, I have a realm to preserve and keep intact. It's greater criminals and rampant forces I have to keep in check, and have done so quite recently. I may be struggling with the finer details, but I am far from loss. My father kept the realm in check, and his father before him aided the Sunahoshi to keep the peace. His father thrice before him did the same. I am far from lost in life, defective in the extreme yes, but not lost."<i></i>

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The proud woman continued to walk, keeping her head high, her braid swaying behind her with the same rhythm as her hips. Her chin perked upwards, and her hands balled into fists at her sides as he continued to talk to her, as though to explain the situation further. She continued to play it off as though it had no meaning to her.

But, in reality, the sturdy Kitanai's heart was breaking. She was biting her lip and her finger nails clawed at the inside of her fists as Sousuke turned to his pet, talking to her as she whined about a bolt stuck in her teeth. The murderess stopped in her tracks, staring skyward as she stood there and listened to them.

The rarest of emotions swelled in her chest as she bit her bottom lip and felt her eyes water up, listening to him talk quietly to his pet, keeping her toughened poise as she kept her back to them. Hearing the metal tail swaying as she barked happily. He loved that 'animal' so much. She taught him so much about life, and things that Kitanai simply didn't understand. She knew she didn't understand anything about him. She knew that there were things about him that were so complex and above her league, and she loathed it. She hated that she knew he was so much better than she was. He was a better person. He was simply so much better than her.

And how did she make up for it?

She bullied him. She bantered him. She tried to work him up so he'd crack and finally become something worse than the low-life scum she had become in this world. But he wouldn't break. He just kept going. He just kept being so much better than she was.

And he continued on his streak as he turned and spoke to her. Even after she had been so cold and rude to him, he still spoke with that calming tone and gave words of wisdom instead of searching to hurt her in the ways she had him.

Oh, boy, here she went again. The third time in her entire life she had to do this, and she was going to do it to someone who had no right to accept it, and yet, she needed to say it. Sucking back the watery eyes, refusing to let tears fall, the prideful woman turned, striding back as she stood her ground before him, her hands on her hips, and her chin up with eyes locked on him.

"Sousuke." She stated with heavy weight under her words, "I'm sorry." And it became very relevant right there that Ijimeru Kitanai absolutely, completely, and totally...

sucked at apologies.

She stood awkwardly for a moment, her eyes watching him as she leaned back on her heels and stuffed her hands back in her pockets, kicking at the dust below her feet. "I get it, okay? You're better than I am. You win. I'm a bitch. You're a saint. I'm a whore. You're a wise man." She turned her body for a moment, as though she was going to leave, but she turned back to face him.

"So...yeah."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kitanai's apology seemed to bounce off of the Steward, who seem to be oblivious. After a few seconds he got it. He scratched the back of his head. "I don't know what to say at times like this."<i></i> He finally said, his gaze shifting from her to the floor. He listened to how Kitanani saw herself in contrast to him. Apparently she saw him as many things he did not himself as. The Steward looked up and spoke. "I have to disagree. You're not a female dog, and uhm ..."<i></i> The Steward paused. Well, the part about being a whore was something the Steward did not wish to decipher. He could easily figure it out, but he didn't want to. It wasn't his business. "Well I'm not a wise man, not yet I think most people would agree that I'm too young. Sainthood, well I'm not a saint by title. I haven't taken any sacred vows such as a vow of silence."<i></i> He explained. The Steward took what Kitanai said on a literal level as he was prone to do.

The Steward thought hard for a moment. "I ... uh ... accept your apology. You have been the ... seventh person? Yes. Seventh person to apologize to me."<i></i> The Steward recounted. "Hrmph. I am told it takes a big person to apologize. Not big in size, but in other characteristics of a metaphorical sort."<i></i> The Steward didn't understand the concept, but there was something about Kitanai that was revealed. Her apology was not strongly spoken, it came out weak and unrehearsed. Cleary the woman was not used to say sorry it would have seemed, thus making the concept of the apology seem more ... truthful. "So yeah ... indeed. I trust employment has ... been lacking as of late?"<i></i>

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And, as per usual, Sousuke took her terribly literally, leaving her rocking back on her heels awkwardly as she thought about how she was to respond to him. Was she to correct him or just let him go along with his newly innocent definitions of 'Bitch' and 'Whore'. Though, in a way, she was pleased he would, in no way, ever call her one of those foul names--if any. Did he even know how to curse? And if he did--would he?

Sousuke rambled on about himself and how he would no way be a Saint or a wise man. She listened politely, for once, holding back the rolling of her eyes, or slur of rude remarks. She let him talk, a slight smile crossing her face as she thought of a bald Sousuke sitting on a mountain somewhere in another country taking the vow of silence with a bunch of other monks. It was an amusing idea she was sure he could easily accomplish.

And, eventually, he accepted her apology. The idea that so many people apologized to him worried her a bit. What did people do and say to him to cause such a need for a long list of people apologizing? Surely, she wouldn't have to do it again and add to her list--hopefully. She was quite terrible at it. Though, nonetheless, he took into concern the sort of bravery it took to apologize to someone--though Kitanai was sure a lot of people did it without thinking all the time. Those apologies were a waste and had no meaning anymore.

"Employment as been lacking?" She repeated as she cued in on what he said, before her eyes widened and she nodded, "Oh! Yes yes, that." She looked around for a moment, "Mind your words, Sousuke. We wouldn't want an assassination on these grounds, would we?" She was referring to the number of people who would so easily and willingly strike her down had the knowledge of her wrong doings slipped out publically. "Would you like to accompany me, Sousuke? If you're not busy, of course. I'm a little hungry." She stabbed her thumb behind her to suggest going to town, "Up for some grub?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke's mind focused on the word grub. Devour an insect for nourishment? How unpleasant that must be. "You devour insects of the scarab beetle variety for your nourishment? Fascinating. I had not figured you to have such a diet. I have heard that they are ... a decent form of protein, but you have to get used to the crunch... and perhaps the dangling legs."<i></i> He spoke trying very hard accepting the image of Kitanai sitting on a couch reaching into a bowl of live scarab beetles and eating them.

Sousuke thought about going, and then not going. This was one of those social interaction things in public. The word date came to mind, but Sousuke did not want to consider this a date at all. If it was a date, then Okibi would be out there prowling in the distance. If not Okibi then his cousin would be lurking about listening in from a distance. Shiori was a handful too at times, but she didn't overtly show disdain for things like Okibi did. The last thing the Steward wanted was to have a fight between his ward, his cousin, and Kitanai. Then of course he would be forced to explain how he knew Kitanai, and why she wasn't introduced and ....

Well. His father knew of Kitanai, but he hoped his father kept quiet about her. His father was very good at keeping secrets, so long as those secrets didn't harm people.

Surely though this was not a date. No. Kitanai just wanted to eat something. "I am famished, and I am ... ready to try new things including the consumption of grub. I know of no places to get grub, so I will have to trust in your good judgment."<i></i> Sousuke's eyes narrowed. "No scorpions though. I am slightly allergic to them."<i></i> Sousuke explained.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kitanai couldn't help but laugh. It wasn't one of those bantering laughs she did against him before. It was something to make him feel bad, but rather, a humored one with a pleasent ring to it. It wasn't meant to hurt him, but rather show a sense of sincerity in the oddly harsh woman. Shaking her head as the laugh rang through her body as she waved him forward, "Yeah, sure, Sousuke, I'll get you a bug if you want one." She laughed again, a smile playing on her lips as she thought about it, and stuck her hands deep in her pockets as she stolled forward.

"No, No, Sousuke," For once, she'd explain herself, "Grub is slang. It's a word to define food of any variety. We use the term a lot in the slums." She didn't look at him as she strolled onto the cobblestone street and down the road towards a place she was clearly familiar with. "What kind of...food...do you like, Sousuke?" She asked, her head turning to him as she raised her eyebrows.

Never would it cross her mind that this would be considered a date. Though, a few times, she had asked herself if Sousuke's father had wondered about her in that manner. She heard it was common for parents to do so--but her lack of interaction with her adopted father made the idea a little vauge and uninteresting. She wouldn't ask, as, at the moment, it didn't cross her mind as important. All that was on her mind was her empty stomach and a bit of yen she had just earned to eat out--and pay for Sousuke, as well.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Slang. Sousuke didn't like slang. It was a vile nasty thing that had to be destroyed. Sousuke didn't know how, but some day he would destroy the concept of slang. "It's a very misleading word. It is dangerous to not have exact meanings when using words, or making oneself most clear when practicing the art of conversation. I mistaken the word sup for supper once, and had a fight with someone over it. Well not a fist fight, but a verbal spar."<i></i> Sousuke explained. He was trying very hard to cast away the image of people eating scarab beetles. Sousuke twitched as the image of people now at a dinner table eating aforementioned insects came to mind.

Sousuke didn't respond at first to her question about what food he liked. He didn't look at her, he looked up and was silent for a time. What food did he actually like? Well. Mostly everything he was fine with, with the exception of food he made for himself personally. Any and every time he tried to make his own food, something bad would happen. "I like ramen and sandwiches. "<i></i> He said at first. "I like food that other people cook. Whenever I try to cook I end up melting kettles, and phones explode when I try to order take out. It's not a trick, these things actually do happen to me. It's a serious problem."<i></i> His gaze turned down as he return to looking at her. His expression was dead panned.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh, come on Sousuke! It's just a little fun!" She teased as they walked, her lips twitching with delight as she watched him squirm for a moment at the idea. And a smile broken out as he contemplated the type of food that he liked. "Exploding take out, huh?" She laughed, strolling casually. "A cafe it is, then. We could get some really nice sub sandwhiches. Waddya say?" She said, pointing to a small cafe down the street from them. "Oooo with meatballs and lettuce on it. How does that sound?" Her stomach growled and grumbled at the thought.

"You can build suits, but can't make food, huh?" She asked, raising an eyebrow curiously. "That's pretty weird. But that's okay. These people can make it instead."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back