Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Faster than my bullet [Tutor]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
orlando.jpg

I got here about five minutes early for the appointment. I didn't know if I should expect an early arrival, but it seemed that I was the first one here, anyway. I wasn't disappointed that nobody came early, but it was five till eleven, so I figured it wasn't too out of the ordinary to expect an early arrival. I took a seat on the edge of the fountain in the middle of the courtyard. I figured If nothing else, the water mist in the air felt nice on this sunny day as I was currently in my casual wear. My armor wasn't going to be getting in my way for what was to come. I obviously still had my spear form next to me, ready and willing to use it like always.

This was my second time coming to this courtyard near the center of the city. The first time had been yesterday to go over the plan for the today's course and today to conduct the one on one session. The boy was getting paid well for taking these higher prospects in a solo session for a couple hours. They get credit for themselves and Eishi gets a bonus from the city come payday. All it meant to me was that I was the one doing the actual 'teaching', though. My annoyance at that fact was giving me time to reflect on my brief life choices leading up to this point. The courtyard usually wasn't this quiet, but Eishi had been able to reserve it for an hour 'in the name of Kumo' if his notes for the session were to be believed. I didn't really care if they were or not, I lived and died with the little shit, so I was stuck to most of his whims, regardless of what was true. He could deal with these mortal matters. I was happy just being a weapon and focusing on fighting and growing.

I wouldn't actually need this place for the entire hour. It was just to give the appointee time to get here. I'd only start getting pissed if she showed up in the second half of the hour and in that case, I'd be sure to let her know her folly on today's course. Otherwise, I was pretty free to wait. The fun wasn't going to start until she got here.
dk4lAPP.png

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saki sighed as she walked to the assigned meeting spot. It looked like she would get there just in time, she would have been earlier, but her family had stopped her just as she was leaving. Apparently, after this lesson, she would be going with a majority of them to Tea. That wasn't a bad thing she just wished they had given her more time to prepare. The boat was leaving a scant hour after the class was supposed to end. That meant she had no time to pack properly, something she despised. Sighing she internally shook her head, sometimes she despised her family.

Shaking off the thought she walked into the meeting place. Her instructor had an interesting choice of classrooms. Instead of a place in the academy, or in the forests they had decided to use a courtyard in near the center of the city. The area was nice if predictable. In the center of the courtyard was a fountain. Ringing the fountain were benches and outside of the benches was a green. Most shinobi didn't train in a heavy civilian area such as this one so it was a surprising choice. Looking around Saki realized that nobody else was in the park, other than the instructor of course. They must have reserved it to make sure it was empty. She just hoped no brain dead civilian walked into their training session. Approaching the fountain she saw her teacher sitting in front of it. She almost turned around and walked out when she realized who it was, the spear was quite distinctive. She had heard stories about this particular teacher and how is student's ended up. The only thing that stopped her was the fact that her family would never let her live it down. She quickly ran through a mental double check of everything she had on her person. Her clothing was the normal protective wear that also shrouded her body leaving only her fingers visible. Her normal weighed gloves were on as well. Luckily she had been smart enough to grab her newest weapon and tools before she had left, so she wasn't completely underprepared. Hopefully, she wouldn't have to use them though. The park would hopefully, limit the amount of destruction the lesson would be able to cause. Girdling her loins she approached her instructor. Bowing slightly to her she waited for her instructions.
----------
[405/1500]
[1/5]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah good, you're here," I said, looking at the clock Eishi had strapped to my wrist when I noticed the girl's existence,

"And you're even on time~" I chuckled as I stood up, flexing and stretched as I went. There were a couple creaks as I moved my arms, legs, and back. I knew they would sound distractingly metallic in nature, but I guess that was the point. It was an intimidation method that Eishi had taught me. It was apparently done by 'badasses' did to show how tough they were, though I didn't really understand it. As far as I was aware, it helped you in absolutely no way, yet most people still flinched when someone did it near or at them. I couldn't argue with results, so I let it go. It felt good to do, regardless.

"Today, you have one goal and that is to leave the walls of Kumo while I will try to attempt to stop you. If you feel I am going too easy, feel free to tell me," I concluded, the unsaid message should be clear that I had an expectation of her baseline combat abilities, already. These classes were difficult, but they all had real-world applications... For the majority of them, anyway.

"You have a two-minute head start starting..." I raised up three fingers as I gripped my spear form in my off hand and began counting them down slowly. I silently mouthed the numbers off, in sync with me lowering my fingers,

"Right now," I shouted quickly as I turned my back and waited exactly one hundred and twenty seconds to begin my chase. Saki could go in any direction she wanted, she just had to get to the wall of Kumo to pass, after all. The unfortunate news, however, was no matter which way she went, she would soon find herself neck deep in traps. Eishi was already following Saki from the shadows and was planning to cut her way off with quickly made wall spike and net traps. He wasn't going to let her get out of the city easily at all, and yet he was planning to stay stealthy and out of the picture. He would've had his work cut out for him if I wasn't also here it seemed.

OOC You'll encounter traps in this post, either spikes or net traps coming out from the walls of the alley, skyline, rooftop, wherever you plan to leave. RP as you see fit :)

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saki looked at her instructor as she stood up. Something about the picture of her with the spear was wrong, but she couldn't quite remember what. The medics in her family had been talking about a new med-nin who had been teaching classes to the lower ranks, but everytime someone took the class they ended up needing medical attention themselves. She had been heading out when she overheard the conversation and had only caught the tail end it. The only other thing she could recall clearly was the fact that they had a large spear as a weapon. Watching the lady stood up and stretched was the thing that reminded her that she was missing something. She had enough control to not visibly flinch backward, but mentally she was doing a panicked recall. The sound her stretching produced couldn’t have been made by a human and it was too metallic to belong to a puppet. Saki couldn’t devote much time to think about what she was missing when she heard what the training exercise entailed.

Ninja tag was a game that most shinobi parents used as “game” for their children. It was a good way to disguise training in such a way that children were willing to do it. This sounded like the game with increased difficulty and higher stakes. Saki had to the end of her sentence about what she was to don till the end of her countdown to make a plan. Scrambling for an idea she quickly decided what she was doing. The fastest ways to the wall was through one of the more populous areas of the city. That worked in her favor, if she passed through the marketplace instead of over it then she had a higher chance of losing her hunter. It would at least, hopefully, limit the amount of damage her teacher could do to her for fear of injuring a civilian. Plan decided she readied herself to bolt as soon as the countdown started.

At the shout of now, she took off into the ally that would lead her to the main trade road. The second she hit the alley she heard the familiar sound of trap springing. Cursing internally as a net sprung up around her she twisted pulling her knives in the same movement and neatly severing the net. If she had any less flexible the net would have dropped her on her head. Instead, she was able to roll with the motion and end up in her feet. The whole thing took less than 10 seconds, but that was 10 seconds she couldn’t afford to lose. Continuing on the same route she had started on she prepared herself for more traps. The instructor had shown her hand and it was up to her to combat it. On her way to the main road, she ran into at least five other traps. Only one of them was a net, the rest involved more deadly tools. The first spike trap she had triggered she had barely avoided and had gotten a nasty cut on her arm for her slow reaction. She made a note to put something over the bleeding wound when she had a chance. Her healing factor would work from there. The rest of the traps she had managed to avoid with only minor scrapes. Sure they were slowly oozing blood and her clothing would need to be stitched up, but they were easily ignored. Just as she reached the main road and disappeared into the crowd heading towards the main gate the countdown of two minutes ended.
------
[602/1007/1500]
[2/5]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zero I concluded my internal countdown as I began heading in the girl's direction. I didn't take my time to get up to the rooftops and jump from building to building as I went off to hunt my target. I already knew where Eishi was and he'd be nearby staying out of sight and mind as I caught up with the girl. I had to wonder if she thought I was simply amazing for all the trouble Eishi had been causing her thinking it was me, or if she had already begun to suspect foul play. I wasn't going to give her much more time to think about it as I spotted her running through an alleyway a good distance away. She was gone from my line of sight only to disappear into a crowd on the main street. At least Eishi was easily keeping tracks as I covered my ground and got to the front to cut her off.

When I was finally there, I stood like a pillar on top of a building adjacent to the crowded road Eishi was still on himself. It was at a crossroad, so I had a good look at the crowd flowing toward and away from me. I was able to feel my partner in crime giving me a general idea of her location, making it easy once I spotted her. Saki was coming my way and I just started staring her down. I wanted to let her know I saw her and I was waiting for her to get closer as I swirled my spear form above my head before casting [Magnetic Control], imbuing it with energy. I just wanted it to hover around me in wait for a bit. I was going to be patient for another couple of seconds, seeing if she was going to run now that she likely knew she had my attention. If she didn't, I guess she would be trying to push through the front door of the city and that may possibly just be her undoing. Either way, she was now in my sights and I had already prepped myself for a fight. Her flight or fight brain is probably firing off on all cylinders right about now~ I mused to myself as I finally noticed her attention. I don't know if she had seen me sooner than that, but I meet her eyes right then and there. She knew, and I knew, it was about to go down.

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As soon as Saki entered the main road she paused long enough to slap a plaster over the cut on her arm. This was not the first time she had thanked the fact she had accelerated healing. It would probably stop bleeding in a few minutes and heal in under an hour. If it was deeper than she thought there was always clotting powder, though she didn’t like the side effect. As she dodged around the people she thought about the traps that she just ran into. Something was off about the whole set up. Saki highly doubted her instructor booby-trapped all the allies leading out of the park and she didn’t believe she was that predictable. No, something was up. Thinking back to what Saki was trying to remember when she had first seen the instructor. ‘He’, that was it. When she had been walking past her relatives they were saying ‘him and his spear.’ While her instructor had obviously been female Saki doubted that many people used a giant spear as a weapon. Using that logic there must be someone working with her teacher. That meant that she was being tracked and that her female instructor probably knew where Saki was. That is if she wasn’t being paranoid and making the other person up.

With her compromised location in mind, Saki began looking around for signs of either person as she approached a crossroads. Once she was looking for one of her instructors she easily noticed a looming figure on one of the building. Saki could tell it was her teacher because of the ominous spear floating around her. That caused Saki to grind to a halt in the middle of the street causing the people around her to curse at the sudden impediment in their path. She had two options -- run or fight. Neither was a great option, there was still the woman's partner to worry about and Saki was outclassed by them. Bending over as if to catch her breath to thought put a plan. Making a few signs as she bent over she cast a quick genjutsu, Influenza, on the women. Hopefully, that would buy her some time, maybe even pass to her instructor's partner, as she jumped on the nearest roof deciding to cut diagonal to her still moving towards the wall but not going directly past her instructor.
--------------
[401/1408/1500]
[3/5]
[MFT]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The answer to the question was no, it didn’t work, but the effort was definitely noted as I tracked her movement with my eyes and began my chase. Eishi has been caught up in the commotion down below, but I knew he’d be quick to disengage and circle around to block Saki off.

Once she was back into my sights from her side path, launched the spear head towards her fleeing back. I made sure to vibrate it so it made some noise flying through the air. Normally I’d just launch it silently, but this was a class and playing this perfectly wasn’t conductive for learning. I had to make mistakes or this would’ve ended minutes ago.

Assuming she was able to notice the spear sailing at her using magnetism, I would began harassing her with it as I kept a pace behind her. Saki was continuing on at a decent pace to the wall. She was pretty much there as it were, but Eishi would likely have set up some more traps in her path. She still had to prove herself, afterall.

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saki plan had failed quite spectacularly her genjutsu had done absolutely nothing. On top of that, she had very little energy left. As she continued her path to the wall she heard something whistling behind her. Cursing she realized what it was. Someone, probably the female instructor, had thrown something, probably the spear, at her back. It had taken her too long to figure out what it was so she did the only thing she could think of. Dropping to the ground while in motion was never a good thing but it was the only thing she could do. Slamming hard into the ground she felt a line of fire up her back as the edges of the spear cut into her. She had moved fast enough to avoid any life-threatening inquiry, but when she stood up she could feel blood oozing down her back. Her adrenaline was still high enough for her to be able to ignore the pain the wound caused.

As she continued on her path she realized this track would be much harder. Having to constantly dodge the spear while also avoiding the traps her instructor's partner had set was not the easiest thing to do. In fact, it was quite difficult. It was pure luck that she had been able to reach the wall. Luck and the fact her instructor was going easy on her. The second she stepped onto the wall she collapsed in exhaustion helped along by blood loss. She was covered in cuts that were bleeding freely, the worst being the one her back. Her clothing was torn and her back was covered with blood, but she was alive and holding onto consciousness.

--------
[283/1691/1500]
[4/5]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I withdrew my spear form into the holster on my back. Eishi had told me to stop the moment she had touched the wall and it was clear we had pushed her close to the limit. I had been surprised that she was unable to dodge my initial blow, opening up a nice wound on her back and giving me a small high as I tasted her blood. I still could never get used to my own bloodlust and I was quick to reel it back in as rapidly as it had flared. Most of my memories were unorganized chunks of Eishi’s short and cruel life and his accumulated knowledge until that point. I had taken possession of a chunk of his soul, but it did little to answer many questions that Eishi didn’t already have the answers to before my creation. I was too green to my own sentience and it irked me to no end.

My thoughts were interrupted as I saw the girl finally collapse to the ground having completed her goal. I took a slow pace to come to her side and see how she was doing. Before I got there, however, Eishi was next to her, grabbing her arm and doing vitals before applying some medical jutsus to her back.

“This’ll stop infections and close you up, but you’ll be sore for a weak or two,” he sardonically chuckled, a evil grin plastered on his face. Your smile is disgusting I thought at him, my own mask falling into one of contempt and disapproval. He was quick to scowl at me as he continued his work without so much as a smile this time. Once he was mostly done, the blisters, bruises, and cuts all closed up, he went over to a nearby water pipe and bent the metal so water sprayed on his arm. Him and his coat were bloody up to his single elbow, so he needed it.

“Done,” Eishi sad before disappearing in a puff of smoke, probably still pissed off that I reprimanded him. He was gone, already fucking off to do something else while I was stuck taking care of his messes like usual.

“Asshole...” I muttered to myself as I went over to the still downed girl and put a hand on her shoulder before lightly shaking.

“You still conscious? You passed, but it seems you’re gonna be drained for a bit,” I said in as calm and soothing voice as I could. I waited another moment before continuing,

“I can assist you home or to the hospital,” I offered as I waited for her reply. Either way, I took a seat next to her, legs crossed as I took out a cigarette. I was never fond of these things, but one of the downsides to taking a part of a soul was I didn’t get to choose what I inherited. I got most of Eishi’s good side, but that also included the part that was addicted to these death sticks. [u{Whatever...[/u] I thought to myself as I waited for a reply from Saki.

Sato Yuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saki blinked as she had never seen before boy entered her field of view. That must be my instructor's partner she thought groggily as he approached her and started to do the standard vitals check. Med-nin were some of the most misleading people she had ever met. It was expected for ANUB, and even main branch, to be vicious, but med-nin were expected to be nice when they actually were not. She sighed as she felt the coolness of healing chakra flow over her. Saki highly doubted his proclamation that the wound on her back would take be sore for that long. Having accelerated healing had it's benefits after all. The smile on his face when he said it did make her want to punch him. An action she decided would not be good for her health even if she could muster up the energy to do it. His attitude didn't seem to make his work any less sound, by the time he was done all of her wounds were healed. After he was done he disappeared in a puff of smoke, Saki couldn't say she was sad to see him go.

Her instructor approached her and shook her shoulder a few times. An action that made Saki's head go wobbly for a few seconds. It was good to know she passed the class, but at this point in time, she honestly did not care. Mustering her strength she pushed herself up into a sitting position. Blinking a few times to clear her headrush she tried to decide on what to do next. Her family had told her they were going to leave an hour after the class. Looking up at the sky she tried to figure out had long her run had taken. It appeared to her the run had only taken about a half-hour, but in her state, it would take a while to get to the docks. "Can you assist me to the docks?" Saki asked her now smoking instructor trying to hold back a cough. She absolutely despised smoking. One of her cousins had probably been smart enough to grab a change of clothing for her if they hadn't she could always take someone else's. It wasn't as if her clothing was still wearable. If she was late her family would leave without her, but if she got there before they left they would just force an energy drink and some food on her before allowing her to pass out.
----------
[414/2,105/1500]
[5/5]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I sighed, putting out my cigarette as I went and picked the coughing girl up into my arms. I was just shy of 185 cm and I noticed our difference in height as I picked her up. I had put her easily manhandled her into a 'princess carry' as I remembered it being called and heading for the docks. I decided to walk there over jumping or running. She was healing well, but I could only imagine how drained she felt. Medical ninjutsu used one's own body to heal rapidly and I wanted to make sure she felt at least somewhat comfortable as we headed down. Best finish off the day at least feeling good about myself I figured as I entering back into the crowd disappearing into the mass, the girl in my arms already out cold.
[EXIT with Kei]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back