Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Follow Ups? [Req. Amaya]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Not long after Megami had been allowed entrance into the village, she found herself making her way towards the largest building in all of Iwa, The Spire. It was a building that was home to the inner workings of the government. The very infrastructure of the village was housed in that very building. She remembered long ago when she too used to do her daily work in that building or in the shrine, but long since past when paperwork and closed walls was her job. Now it seemed to revolve around the outer area workings of the village rather than the inner. Interesting how one's perspective changes over time. How it can seem like what once was a person set in their ways, now having an entirely new set of ways. The steps felt familiar, though strangely the village looked more, advanced? Advanced could be a word used here, but it also looked like some parts had suffered a lot of age, or damage. Sad really, but she supposed that is what happens to buildings over time. They change. As do the people that live and work within them.

After reaching the front steps of the building. She paused to stare up at the magnificent tower. She thinks she can still see her old office window. But then again, there were a lot of windows. People stared at the woman as she stood still watching, lost in thought. She wasn't here to waste time though, simply get some answers, perhaps check in with someone about her arrival and get her information updated, but she was more so here out of curiosity. Some of the things that Sabaku said to her were a little alarming. Nothing to raise panic or the such, nothing even remotely in her control even, or things she was going to go charging in to change. No, she just wanted to talk to some people, become more familiarized with the who's and the what's of the village once more. Scope out the ground to see what all had become of it since the dark times when she was abroad.

With that in mind, she entered the building and started to navigate the familiar halls. Her shoes clicking off of the floors as she walked through them. It was like nothing had really changed, but in reality, everything probably had. This was not the Iwa which she once knew, this was a handful of years after. Not enough to be totally different, but enough to feel strange. She took several sets of stairs until she came to the floor she was looking for. The offices were here, which meant that who she was looking for would most likely be able to be contacted here. She had no idea with whom she would be speaking with but it would be best to give it a shot. Walking down a long corridor. There was a receptionists desk, more so one that handled general reception, and most likely not the direct receptionist to any one person in the hierarchy of the village. She looked up at Megami before she even reached her desk. "Oh, hello, ma'am. Is there something I can help you with today?" Megami nodded, heading towards the desk. "Yes, I was wanting to speak to one of your Sennin. The ANBU one. If that's possible." Her tone was calm and even, one that meant she had not the time for confusion, and wanted results, but at the same time not being pushy. The receptionist nodded. "Uh, right. Um, I'll see if I can send out a request for them. We have a new system these days, I can't contact them directly, so I'll need to get in contact with one of the Judees. You can wait in that general meeting office over there while you wait if you'd like."

Giving a nod, Megami gave her thanks to the young lady and headed over in the rather small meeting room. It was just a basic table with some chairs, nothing fancy at all. She remembered these rooms. More so used for general get togethers from lower staff than for actual meeting places. Still though, she had no idea where this new Sennin's office would be, nor who they would be. All of course tying back into the matter of why she was here. Hopefully her wait wouldn't be long. Megami sat down at one of the chairs and crossed her arm. She kept glancing towards the clock, keeping track of her time. Of course, with the spare time, that gave her some time to think. One thing of course stuck out in her mind. "What's a Judee?"

Ryujin Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
QUEEN OF BATTLE
ab4a5dd1-b2c2-489b-8681-0edd4a79950f_zpsprm2adiq.png

There were stranger request received in her days. Today, Amaya... no, the Anbu Sennin, had received a summons from a requester who had not given her name nor the nature in which this meeting was required. Nether the less Amaya found herself in that direction... curiosity perhaps or maybe it was destiny pulling the strong tides in which she had no way to resist. Before long Amaya found herself in the office and being directed by a receptionist. The dark haired woman's emerald green eyes traced the room before fixing on a woman sitting alone with pink hair. Amaya's eyes widen for a second before returning to it's calm collected natural. She immediately recognized who she was and was shocked to see a hero once thought dead now breathing in the flesh. She did not immediately approach the pink haired legend but instead observed her, analyzing from afar. It was much like the many years ago in her younger days. She had admired the pink haired Sennin and strived to be every bit this one's equal but never dreamed that it were actually possible. Gaining composure Amaya began her approach. The dark haired woman's face was that of a young model which deceived the perception of her age. On her right cheek were three scars not symmetrical to each other and yet poetically placed. Her eyes an emerald green circumference by black eye liner. She had long black hair and a stern and yet prestigious look on her face as she walked with her head held high. Her posture was that of an esteemed shinobi militant coupled with her runway esc walk. She would pause a few feet in front of the pink haired woman before offering a quick and polite smile followed by an introduction.

"My name is Anbu Captain Amaya here to speak on behalf of the Anbu Sennin. The Voice informed me that there was someone here who request an audience, I was sent to see just who that someone was."

Amaya would place a hand on her hip next to the white Anbu mask decorated with red markings which also resembled the image of a smiling feline. On her left hip was strappings to her belt that fasten sealing scrolls. She was dressed in a long dark green gi that length down her thighs and to her dark brown boots with black spandex shorts visible from the slits as well as a cropped black tank top. Her arms and legs were tone and athletic showing the history of her athleticism. A decorated Kanata was fasten to her back and small daggers were belted across her lower thigh.

"I know who you are, most of the initiated of that time would... Guardian. Come, we should speak in a more private area."

Amaya would lead the woman to an empty office room and prop a seated lean on the table. With her arms folded she would stare at the pink haired woman again. This stare was unreadable as Amaya's facial expression remained fixed leaving no such clues as to what she was thinking. None verbal communication with Amaya was not ideal but this was the fault of harsh anbu predecessors who installed such discipline also combined with her own strict work ethic. Her face was that of a faint smile and her emerald green eyes traced the pink haired woman from head to arm, from chest to feet. Amaya began to speak softly, a hint of admiration in her voice.

"Guardian Sennin Lightening... Lives. Where have you been all of this time?"

[mft]
[topic entered]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Having been left alone with her thoughts, Megami wondered whom she would even be speaking with. It wasn't like much word travelled very often out to the countryside. If one was lucky enough to even receive idle gossip or news, it would more than likely be outdated or have become outlandishly exaggerated. It made things difficult to remain up to date on the latest advancements, changes, even potential signs of danger. In this regard, it also meant that Megami knew little of who actually controlled the village these days, which seemed rather important that she do become aware because it was those very people shaping the next generation and functionality of the mighty country of stone. The only person she was aware of was Hissori, the new Kage. She briefly wondered what type of leader he was. The last kage she could remember, Endo, was very determined on showing their brute strength through war. While she was glad war did not seem to come during that era, that did not mean that since her disappearance there had not been momentous events that took place. At least she could thank the Goddess that things seemed to be calmer.

It didn't seem like much time had passed since Megami had entered the room when another figure entered. She looked up from her seat and noticed another woman, tall, dark hair, and striking emerald eyes. She appeared stern, composed, calculating. A true beacon of a militia command, one carrying the honor of what it means to be a warrior. Having been similar herself at one time, perhaps even now, these are things that one notices and respects. Though unaware of the woman's identity, Megami could tell the woman held great strength. As the woman approached her and offered her a kind greeting, Megami stood from her seat and stood relaxed, giving a nod, and returning with a small smile. So this was another Captain. It was good to see that it had strong people within it's numbers teaching the next generation, very professional.

Before she had a chance to introduce herself, Amaya caught her off guard. It appeared Megami was still somewhat known to people in the village still. It made sense, in her mind at least, she hadn't been gone that long, just long enough for some to not have remembered her. She just wondered what kind of reputation she had at this point. Not that reputation seemingly mattered much to her anymore. After Amaya mentioned they move to a more secure location, she couldn't help but agree. "Alright, lead the way." She would then follow closely behind until led to an office room.

Taking a seat, Megami allowed the woman to glance her over. Amaya's face was one that was hard to place, even as perceptive as she was, Megami could only assume what she was thinking, but the chance she would be correct about anything was a very high improbability. Megami was much the same. Two very stoic women sat in this room, trying to read each other most likely, though a rather large feet to be accomplished for sure. Perhaps they weren't so different. Amaya was the first to speak to her, as she expected. So, she did in fact know who she was. Well, she was here to do some explaining so it would be best to get around to doing just that. "Seems you really know your stuff, Captain Fang Amaya. I commend you, thank you for meeting with me." Megami gave a small smile. She clasped her hands together in her lap, folding one leg over the other. "I'm not sure really where to begin. Several years ago, during my time as Sennin, it was deemed, to my understanding, that the village was going to fall into the hands of chaos as the leadership began to crumble. Endo had been murdered, which led to a rather nasty power struggle between the Sennin and those that wished to overthrow us. At the same time, there was another kind of civil war going on between those that believe in tradition, and those that wanted progressive reform. Many of us did our best to keep the downfall at bay, keep the casualties to a minimum and the village safe." Megami took a brief moment to pause and gather her thoughts. Yes, it seemed she was probably falling into a history lesson Amaya would already know, given her age, but a lot of the behind the scenes things were always striked from the record. Best to get everybody up to speed.

Taking another deep breath, Megami continued with her story. It was this part that clenched a bit at the bitterness in her heart. "It was at this time that I decided to resign from my position, and exchanged it instead for a Captain's title. I was a primary target, which meant if I fell at the hands of these people it would not only appear as yet another blow to our leadership, but it would also leave the branch vulnerable and the people unsafe. I instated another Sennin, one I thought would be capable of running the branch in my stead. This left the branch in better defense, but also allowed me to try to draw the aggressors away from the village, away from civilian population. I left, moving into the outer city, further into the country. Many people working against the village happened to be from outside the village, people not of Stone. I tried to prevent more villainous characters from entering while the others dealt with the forces so aggressively pushing to overthrow the remainder of the government. I sent in several reports to my replacement. Over time, I received no response. I was afraid the village had fallen, been overran by chaos. So I continued my duty outside the walls. I protected the small villages in the countryside, the people that resided there. I am happy to say much of it has remained the same, if not a little more crime free. And that is where I have been all these years. I only now have decided to return, as an old face tracked me down. The Guardian of Celerity. We had a past, I trusted him." Megami, having felt like at this point she was probably boring the other woman to death with her endless story, rested her hand on the side of her face, simply allowing it to sink in. There were some parts left out, like needing to relocate her sister to keep her safe, but much of everything else was true. She wondered what the other woman's perspective on her story was going to be.

"But, that's everything. I have returned and was looking to get reacquainted with the everything in the village, to return to more prominent acts of service than stopping minor shady figures that appear on the roads. Which is why I am before you today." Megami would finally allow her speech to come to a halt. She could think of no more she had to say on her end until more questions, which may or may not be likely to come, were asked of her. Much of this information was heavy, probably far too much to really take in at any one time, and would take ages if every single last detail was told. It's almost sad that everything she had said was paraphrasing. Ah, but perhaps it would be enough. Now she would give the other woman her chance to respond. And she would await the response with eager anticipation.

[OOC: Couple things here. Wasn't sure about how Judee works, so if there's something I shouldn't know then let me know and I'll correct it. Other thing is so sorry for the late post. My schedule has been crazy busy and I wanted to put out a decent post. And sorry this one is kind of long and super wordy.]

Ryujin Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
QUEEN OF BATTLE

Amaya listened to every word that the poised kunochi had to offer and without without interruption. Conversations like these were a lot like chest and although Amaya had no reason to distrust lightening, it was an occupational habbit not easily conquered. There wasn't much to go by with her claims. When Amaya stepped into office and even before then when she was reassigned to the corps from teaching, the anbu branch was in discord. Members followed no tier structure and reported to no one. Everything was done on an individual's integrity all because of an absence in leadership among the branch members. So then a few questions needed to be answered though they strayed the conversationfrom the true point and purpose, curiosity had its own agenda. Amaya's faint smile remained true and she would now stand in order to speak. Her emerald green eyes locking to lightening's in full respect.

"Let me be the first to say, thank you for your selfless service and duty to the people of iwagakure. Your sacrifice and service to your people, relinquishing your title in order to work on stopping villians both foreign and domestic, puthing your life on the line and staying true to your oath and allegiance. You are a true shinobi through and through which makes this complicated to say. Due to your valor and valliant accomplishments as well as being a key component to the prevention of this nations decomposition, unfortunately not being on record... it causes some complications."

Amaya would pause here before breaking eye contact. She started towards a window and would stop in front of it. Her arms crossed behind her, she would continue to speak from this position. Her tone mello with a hint of concern...

"As of right now perception is everything and you being gone for so long without documented contact of some sort gives the wrong perception. A perception like that puts all praise I hail for you in contrary. When I was brought back into the corps, it was because of my reputation in training shinobi and getting them mission capable. At the time, there was no active leadership... not even whoever it was you left in charge."

Turning back around to face lightening, Amaya would approach the poised pink haired legend. Just a few feet infront of her, Amaya would stand with both arms folded. A sigh of relief would easy the tension in the room hopefully and perhaps what came next. Amaya's smile was less feint than before, she wanted her friend here to be at easy.

"The last Guardian, Guardian of Celerity may also be able to validate what you have told me to at least some extent. You said you trust him and he obviously believed you to be alive in order to track you down. Once his report supports your own then I don't see any future complications being potential. For what its worth, i for one am glad to see you alive and well. Welcome back. In the meantime, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep your presence here confidential at least until we get things in order."

Amaya would return to the desk behind her and take another seat. She would fold her arms and nod to lightening, her face once again concealing any emotion with a simple feint smile. Her emerald green eyes were low and a bit mischievous though not in the least was her nature. She simply was a bit star struck but never would she admit such a thing, not with words or non verbal expression anyways.

"Hey I'm pretty sure you have plenty of questions for me. It's only natural since you've been gone for so long. Why don't we knock Q and A's out first."

Amaya would wait patiently for the anticipated barrage of questions. Plenty has happened over the years and she would answer each question to the best of her ability.

[mft]

[No worries, I'm flexible with rp pace. You were sennin before so if you choose to have some knowledge of Judee project that's ok. I rp'd it as a program that was developed a long time ago amongst others but like others it was never put in motion. Amaya stumbled upon it and decided to make use of it. If it gets used more often when we have more active members then I may have a plot idea for council regarding Judee.]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Going into this kind of meeting, it wasn't unknown to Megami that she would fall under some sort of questioning. Any good member of a security team would do such. Luckily she had no reason not to cooperate with any orders given for the time being. It surprised her that Amaya would praise her acts though. If anything Megami had wished that a nation would band together to be strong, that such events should not have had to happen. Chaos and ill intent bred outside the walls of their village every day, yet it was within their very homes during that time. Extreme actions should not have been necessary. And she could only feel disappointment within her that even with the defense measures she had taken to secure the branch that was the head of the very highest of security within the village, it's leader had abandoned their post. A deep sigh came from Megami.

The pink haired woman leaned forward, looking over Amaya. She met the woman's gaze, and continued to watch as she started out the window. Patiently she let the woman continue as she had done prior. Megami had to say that at least the woman was both thorough in her job in cross examining that what was said could be a string of lies, yet also rational enough to understand that what Megami had said could plausibly be true. It relieved her a bit when she said Sabaku could validate her claims, to some degree. It was something. Thoughts stirred in her head and she waited until Amaya had retaken her seat and allowed her to ask her questions. But first, she needed to address a few more things, things that certainly wouldn't her to once more give long winded speeches.

Megami laced her fingers together and placed them in her lap. She waited a moment, gathering herself before speaking again. "Thank you for your kind words. I understand what is being asked of me, and of the circumstance around me and I'll respect any decision made. If it's of any assistance, there should be a contract I wrote up in my old office. Before I left, I made out a contract, a resignation letter, that transferred my leadership over to Yumoto Tamashii. It states my reasoning for leaving and my resignation. The village needed a new face for a Sennin, it also states I would be gone from the village for quite some time. However the business I attended to remained my knowledge alone. I didn't expect to return. I hope that helps in some way." After a few minutes, Megami gathered some questions she wanted to answer. She already was aware the Hissori was Kage, the how she didn't know, but it wasn't like it much mattered. Hissori may have been someone she didn't like all that well, given their negative meeting, but she didn't think the man was the worst choice for kage. She was a little concerned about the state of the branch though. "How is the village? What all has happened? I was told the Guardians are all but gone, except for myself and the Guardian of Celerity. And I noticed on my way in that much seems to be new, while other things lay old and damaged. Are there still threats at large?" Megami would give Amaya plenty of time to respond. There was obviously years of history unaccounted for in her mind. Sabaku did not dwell long on too much, just tidbits of information here and there. It would be good to have a thorough discussion.

Before long one more thing came into her mind. Sabaku was needed to back up her claims. That became a problem knowing that he was supposed to meet her in Cloud. It seemed unlikely he would just stick around."Amaya-sama, there is one concern I have. Before I came here, the Guardian of Celerity informed me he had not had his skills tested since I left, I was about to go test him, once we finish speaking, unless you don't wish I do that, in which case I would need to go get him. In any case, I do need to return to the place I had been staying outside the village, to gather some of my things. I could lay low there, unless you have another suggestion of where I stay for the time being. If I were to report to you directly about my business and whereabouts, would this be acceptable?" Whether or not the answer was the one she was hoping for, she would follow the instructions given to her. Sabaku may be a little disappointed, but she would make it up to the boy. Right now, she only wanted to know what orders she needed to follow given the current status in limbo.

[OOC: Cool! I'm actually looking forward to helping in any way that I can!]

Ryujin Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
QUEEN OF BATTLE

Mention of an old contract peaked Amaya's interest. This piece of evidence was just what was needed in order to validate Lightening's story and coupled with Sabaku's sworn statement provides the reinforcement of an account of her whereabouts. This was good. Once on recorded any skeptic breeding chaos would not have the proper nourishment to feed trouble for her. This two put Amaya's mind at easy. Trust wasn't easy to gain nor was it easy for her to give especially when it came to her line of work. Trusting could very well cost not only her life, her loved ones, but also the lives of many people depending on her to distrust, giving her the authority to strike first and ask questions later. Needless to say the price of trust was much to steep. Amaya would comb her fingers through her hair, signaling that she was more relaxed now as she listened further. Her face however, still a faint smile, gave no hint to her emotional state, however certain outer queues revealed much in this regard. Like how Amaya was now slightly leaning with both hands on the table instead of her usual up right position coupled with the folding of her arms and how her feet was starting to dangle in much the likeness to that of a child sitting at a play ground. It showed that she was not only comfortable but also enjoying Lightening's company. She had never had the pleasure of actually meeting Lightening in the past due to her busy schedule proceeding the chaos that was mentioned moments ago. Though this was much like a business conversation, it was still somehow refreshing. Lightening soon took part in Amaya's offer and began with a few questions. No doubt that there would be follow up questions, Amaya would answer them as they were asked but not before catching herself losing her shinobi bearing. Standing up from the desk she would rub her chin before folding her arms again.

"The village... well I won't use words purely subjective like good ooor bad. Instead, I'll give you a few facts from what I have observed as an Anbu operative. As you said earlier, complications arised. The Daimyo's daughter of Mist I believe, also an initiate of our branch, Haruka, attempted to seize control of Stone claiming that the late Tsukage Enu Indo-sama was a mad man bent on war. There were few who opposed her claims notably the Kage's guard, the Ryujin Sisters, you, some who were on the small council. However, Haruka, had commissioned the help of several shinobi without a banner, missing nin, rouge shinobi, and mercenaries. With this man power and an oppositional force to challenge her, an inner village war was inevitable. You can guess by how things are now that she did not succeed... *says under her breath* completely... Causalities on both sides and the villages military power took a hit. Luckily the other surrounding villages did not capitalize on the opportunity. Things soon settled and we all worked hard to reach a point of stability. We were without leadership for a while but Kazehi Ryu-sama was chosen to lead the free people and to bring Stone to it's once former glory... but, it would seem Stone has become a magnet for tragedy and destruction. As he attempted progress something unforeseen would shape the village into what you see today. As crazy as this is going to sound, it is all true. A creature, fowl in nature, unknown in origin, something from a man's nightmare, a thing of the abyss. Some reports say that it came from the sea, others suggest it came by land. A large reptilian creature brought a horde of monsters to our land, to our village and shook our village for reasons unknown. Several theories were constructed in reports and the matter is still under investigation as to why the Basilisk attacked. We managed to control the fighting at Titans keep and was victorious but victory was not without cost. That day we lost several of our shinobi brothers and sisters... that day the Guardians fought with valor and held true to their title. You and the Guardian of Celerity are all that remain of the way of the Guardian. I am truly sorry... I know each and everyone of them was like a family member to you..."

Amaya would pause there to allow everything to soak in. Perhaps she paused in order to provide a moment of silence to her fallen brothers. Her fingers would gently cress the three dynamic scars on her lower right cheek. For a second her emeraled green eyes would escape Megami's before slowly returning.

"Hissori-Sama was elected the new Kage shortly after. The basilisk had mortally wounded Kazehi Ryu-sama and Hissori-Sama was a key component in the success of the villages protection and victory that day. He has been working tirelessly to get things back on track if not better. He brought me in order to train more members of the corps and get the remaining members mission capable. Progress has been slow... getting accountability has proven to be a challenge and many of the members are so used to acting without leadership direction. Not going to lie, you showing up now is a blessing in its self. I will personally check for that note and I have no issue with you leaving to take care of any business you see fit. Besides, you came back on your own because you know this place to be your home not a prison. You will likely need a new passport and papers, I'll have Judee expedite that no problem at all. Just let me know when you plan to depart love, I'll inform the gate guard to prevent any undo delays."

Amaya would nod to Megami. She wanted her to know she had a friend and waited for any additional follow up questions to come.

[Mft]
[Ooc: sry 4 the wait. Got busy then I got a 4 day weekend.]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Taking in all the information presenting on her took quite some time to sink in and absorb. Of course, it was not something she had not done many a time before, but every time it just seems like an endlessly growing chain of files being sorted in her brain for later. But Megami was growing to find that she genuinely liked Amaya. They would do wonders together in this line of work. Megami couldn't say she took to people very ofter, it was more so the opposite. She was civil, formal. A woman of little words really. But she respected and had admiration for people with strong spirits. As Amaya stood up, her features somehow seemed...softer? Perhaps it was just some trick of the light. Either way, she would then begin into a long discussion that were answers to Megami's inquiries. Much she knew, but the gaps that were quickly filled in were much appreciated, and she soon was fairly up to speed on the happenings. Much of which didn't seem to sit with her.

Megami paused, and silence seemed to fill the room. A tension could be felt building. Not so much in the sense of hostility between her and Amaya, but just more so with the inner workings of stone and it's history. "Iwa...was once such a strong, beautiful, powerful nation. I think in the end we did not stand together, we tore each other apart. I am happy to know that Hissori has restored some order the village." Her memory may have had to stretch far back a little, but she could recall pieces of the last meeting she ever had with all of those powerful figures of the village, an attempt to restore order. "Please forgive me that I am not as thrilled, despite seeing Iwa in a more stable state. Hissori held harsh feelings towards me, made strong accusations. He nearly backed Haruka for the Kage postion, said that the tradition of the tournament for our selection process was stupid and pointless, even went so far as to make the accusation that I was an incompetent leader of the branch. Perhaps in my time away he has realized some things, and I applaud whatever efforts that were made to restore our nation. That title is a cursed one. In any case, I will gladly follow any orders given to me, I just am unsure of how welcome I truly am. I'm sure you understand. Still, if you need assistance in any capacity, you can rely on me." Megami then contemplated what she would even do, should she be unwelcome. Probably move back out into the wilderness again. But maybe not, maybe there would be some other purpose here for her. The Goddess always gave her a direction, should one not present itself though. That was always a good fallback.

Megami's attention then turned towards the prior mention of the large lizard beast. A monster called a Basilisk. She could only imagine the devastation it had on the lives on the village. Especially if there was a slaughter of the guardians. A heavy feeling sunk into her heart. That was their purpose, to live, serve, and die for the village and it's people. But, that also came at a great cost. It was a miracle Sabaku was alive after all then. "I apologize that I was not here to aide the village in it's time of need. I'm sure many lives were lost to this monster from the sea. Still, we are stone warriors, we cannot be crushed by the mightiest of foes, even if our numbers are small. We will prevail! Right?" Megami gave a genuine smile to Amaya. They were not strong warriors on might alone, sometimes the bond of community were also part of that strength. The reliance on one another. Power in numbers and the spiritual bonds of the people.

She laughed a little and leaned back in her chair. A thought popped into her mind and she couldn't help by wish to pursue it. Much of this discussion had been business related of course, and Amaya had just so graciously granted her wish of giving Sabaku his exam as well as updating her papers, and expediting them at that. On top of which, the gates wouldn't even give her trouble. Yes this was all splendid. She must repay Amaya for everything, as this has just made everything go so smoothly. Maybe they could even learn more of each other. If they were going to work with each other, connections were good too. Perhaps even the offer of friendship between women who seemed to share very similar personal qualities. "Amaya, you wouldn't happen to want to go for a drink, would you? My treat. After all of your help, I have to at least buy you one." Megami waited to see if the other woman would take her up on her thank you offer. They could always return to the discussion at hand, but of course so much time had passed, what better way to focus on bettering their branch and the country than by discussing the future and determination to strengthen their numbers while sharing a drink between new acquaintances.

Ryujin Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
QUEEN OF BATTLE

Amaya was aware of the past dealings behind the public scene, the extra diplomatic escapades that deteriorated the infustructure of the village from with in. However this conversation filled in a few details unknown before and also revealed a bit of lightenings political views. Amaya, who now was the head of security, took no qualms in developing personal profiles on powerful officials in the village. Due to the history of things, she was justified in developing contingency plans in case the villages primary defenders ever went cross and became the village's destroyer. These private investigations and assessments revealed much. The fact that Stone has recieved more than a few foreign leaders or foreign rulers who attempted power over the people. Hissori seemed kind enough however the Stone way is to give the title of Tsuchikage to the one shinobi who is the most combat efficient in strength and power. Hissori may just be the Stone's first diplomatic leader who does not rule necessarily by might. His home land being that of the iced overed Kirigakure, it came as no surprise to Amaya that he would back the Haruka in assuming the role as leader. Due to his impressive feats since his time in Iwagakure, building the Hope hospital, saving many lives during the Basilisk attack, etc, even with this new bit of info, he has proven an asset to Iwagakure more so than a threat. Perhaps he has grown from the man lightning once knew, a foreigner who disrespects their home and traditions to that of a true Iwa born shinobi... perhaps not.

"Haruka was very influential and dangerous... perhaps at that time, Hissori was just miss guided or naive, to place trust into someone he perceived as the village's best hope but was really nothing more than a thug. Perhaps there is more here than once thought..."

In any case, at least for now, things were indeed getting better thanks to him. Amaya wasn't susceptible to change but understood it's purpose. For now their customs and traditions were being up held and for that Amaya could be greatful amongst other things. Lightening seemed to be taking a liking to Amaya much in the way that Amaya was to her. She invited her out for drinks for a social meeting rather than to discuss more work related task. Amaya whose face remained fixed in a faint smile simply nodded, once again giving no hint to her veneration nor her crave.

"Certainly, however I hold much doubt that anyone in this village could out drink yours truly... not even the mighty Lightning-sama. I say this with no irreverence but instead with pure confidence in my ability to hold you at the glass."

Amaya would raise an eyebrow in her challenge to lightening's proposal signifying that it was now her move. She did this to insinuate her more playful and challenging side. If Lightning was to get to know her, she would have to give subtle ques in order to compensate for her lack of facial expressions and being hard to read. She wasn't a fine wine type of woman though some would assume. She was Iwa born. That meant she loved things brash and challenging. Hopefully that was just one more thing they had in common.

[MFT]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
There was a thought that crossed Megami's mind with that lingering sentence about the politics of Iwagakure, but honestly the both of them, given their experiences as warriors, and being in high leadership positions could go on for ages. So she let it go when she heard the challenge issued to her. Can't outdrink her? Megami smirked. Of course, Hana's voice popped into her head saying she was too stubborn for her own good and that she should definitely not go out drinking, especially in competition, but hey, she hadn't done any kind of drinking in a long while. One night of it wouldn't hurt, right? Megami flashed a bright toothy smile, one reflective of a Cheshire cat. "A worthy challenge with an opponent who can surely put up a good fight. But, I think I can hold my own. Guess we'll have to see won't we? Hard stuff only though." Granted any man or woman who took drinking challenges seriously would surely drink nothing short of the hard stuff. Megami's personal favorite though would always be a nice vodka.

The pink haired woman headed out the door, and out the building, figuring Amaya would more than likely be walking with her. There had to be at least one bar close to the Spire, so hopefully they wouldn't have to venture very far at all. Unfortunately the one that happened to be the closest was more of a popular nightclub type of bar. The crowd it drew in was of all variety in age and appearance. There was a corner where soldiers sat around drinking beer and having arm wrestling competitions and cheering, and then the dance floor where all kinds of people were dancing close to one another, if you could call that dancing while a live band played. And then the bar area off to the side, of course, ready to dish out the drinks. It wasn't too loud, and since everyone seemed to be having a good time, nobody would even bother paying attention to their own conversation. She wondered briefly if Amaya would have a problem with it, given it wasn't exactly Megami's kind of scene either, but they were there to drink, and there more certainly would be alcohol here, so she took a seat at the bar anyway. She waved the bartender over, and waited for Amaya to take a seat. "So, what poison will we be drinking tonight? Your choice." The bartender waited patiently, just wiping the bar down while doing so.

Megami took the time to glance up at the band playing. They weren't bad, but they weren't exactly what she would listen to regularly. Hana would probably listen to it. She leaned back, letting herself relax. She was excited. The thrill of battle coursing in her, almost the same as when she fought with her blade. Not as intense of course, there was no adrenaline, but it still lit a fire in her. This is what it felt like to be alive, to be home, to be from Iwa. A warrior in every action performed, a fighter to the end. She was ready to begin and see where this went.

[OOC: Hey look, I'm not dead haha. Going to work on more regular posting, sorry this post was kinda short for me, trying to get back into the flow of things. Was going to potentially do a separate post for the bar, hope this is still okay since I'm over in Cloud.]

Ryujin Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
QUEEN OF BATTLE

Amaya would follow Megami out of the office and out to the nearest pub Slash night club. An interesting choice on such short notice. Amaya was intrigued to say the least. It had been one unfamiliar to Amaya but then again it wasn't like she went out much for casual pantomime. The free time for social events wasn't all that hard to come by, it was just that she would never make the time. She couldn't help but sike herself into choosing training or work over fun. Tonight would be different however. Challenges of any kind would always supersede all other priorities... well at least that's what she'd tell herself, refusing to admit that social fun was calling her and that she was much obliged in answering.

Soldiers arm wrestling, people dancing to rhythmatic instruments and genuine smiles all around. This was indeed an interesting place. Amaya found a seat next to Megami. Amaya sat up right and was still poised in confidence, much like a skilled gambler confident in his next hand. Her faint smile had metamorphed into a smirk, a veil that worked well with her confident deminor.

"So, what poison will we be drinking tonight? Your choice."

"Several I presume and without delay. Now let's start off with something fun. Hmmm how about B52 FLAMING SHOT? Made of a coffee-flavored sugar-based liqueur from Suna, a cream liqueur based on Konaha whiskey, and of course Iwa's famous Amaretto. It's a sweet, almond-flavoured, Iwa liqueur from the capital. Not a very strong drink but I must admit that I have a thing for the theatrics. Hahaha consider this our only freebie before alternating between a bottle of Spirytus Polish Vodka 192 Proof and Everclear. I hope your ready love, I'm much a zero to one hundred kind of woman."

If there was no objections, Amaya would wave down the bartender and inform him of tonight's menu. She would also inform him to make the first drinks infront of her as she loved watching the creation of the B52. The sheen in her eyes was as visible as it was in a kid's in a carnival line. She waited to see the lightening of the B52 before looking to Megami and sliding her drink to her. She would then blow out the fire in her glass before raising it tall in hopes of Megami clicking their glasses together. Amaya had every intention of playful teasing to force impulses and challenges. This is what's fun and fun was rarely had these days.

"Are you ready Lightning? It's not to late to chicken out. "

[Mft]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back