Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Forlorn and Friendless [Contract Search]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
IKuffqy.jpg

It was a day's journey to this lost land. Broken and destitute. Dismal and inhumed.

The lady was not lost, a thin gossamer shawl wrapped over her head and around her shoulders that veiled her from the heat. She wore no shoes, yet her feet were not calloused and did not bleed. The desert was her and she was the desert. Her white gown flapped in the hot breeze, burdened with diamond shards, a remnant of the mighty maelstrom. She needed to get away. She needed to escape the life she had created for herself for a little while. Her face hidden beneath the serape was scarred still, giving her the false image of a Glasgow smile. She could have healed away the scars that Shouki had inflicted, like those on her thighs or those she had done to herself such as her wrists and her ankles but she had not done so. Deep and circumferential, these scars laid bare - fresh and purple still. She would not heal them. Not yet. It was a disgrace that she wished to endure for a time. She needed to be reminded about who she was. Not this image she falsely portrayed - that of a simple human enamored by the Kazekage. Her love utterly unrequited, her sentiments jealous and pained with each passing day as the strain of what she was and this utterly mundane life meant for her taxed her soul. Her pride insulted. Her future bleak. She wished to look behind her rather than ahead.

There was a time when man once lived under the sun. The great celestial space and all of its wonder ruled by Fuujin reached into eternity. That ended when the wicked storm crossed the desert, forcing the tribes of man to the outskirts of the desert or beneath the gilded surface in their hidden holes. The ever shifting sands and the brutal devastation that was the diamond maelstrom assaulted these ancient structures. Even after centuries of negligence, years of human affront and three decades where an endless sandstorm assaulted what little remained, remnants of 'home' still existed. 'Home' being a relatively loose term to describe Godsfall, a place seared into her memories as the site of her brothers' death. Existence was nothing more than a stream of regret, her losses insurmountable over her protracted lifespan. The last of her kind, less one. Her heart ached for her lost kin.

She brought with her rations, slipping away from the Steward's home in the dead of night. He was easy to avoid by now, she knew his patterns. She knew the melody of his heartbeat at rest. The rhythmic sound of his breath. She knew him in ways he would never discern. He wished her away, into the arms of another - 'a gentleman.' She reviled the notion: that love could be bartered or planned. In the deepest, darkest parts of her heart she was starting to feel something besides love or even lust for the Kazekage. A festering sense of hate had started within her. It was slow to start but it was growing. She remembered the moment she felt the first pang of enmity, it was when she learned that Sousuke had tethered her brother to his will. Then his rejections stung all the more and a sense of fear erupted within her, fear that she too would one day share Mikaboshi's fate. It made her angry, resentful of her 'cousin' and all that he was. His gifts, his power and authority despite his lacking skills. His small and balled into a fist as she finished her journey.

There should stood among the broken relics of structure that jutted out from the gently sloped dune. At one time, in this very site there was a massive temple made of crystal and stone that seemed to pierce the heavens. She remembered fondly the pale rainbow-like reflection the tower left in the desert as the sun's shadow graced the ground. The halls were of alabaster and gold. The walls were carved with their history, their likeness etched into those rooms. Her name in their native tongue rather than this bellicose language humanity shared. The earth then was bountiful and green, the blossoms in the courtyard opened only at night but they would fill the air with the sweetest perfume. Now there was nothing but broken hunks of dull stone, twisted tangles of thorny plants and low cacti that sparsely occupied the once grand garden. The gilded images from the temple walls were long ago sanded away. The rubble, buried under crystal-like shards, some fulgurite and some the shattered remnants of the temple tower mixed with the sand. The temple did not entirely survive the efforts of man as they plundered and burned any reminder of their former masters, yet the stone walls remained long after everything of value was stripped but now they too were taken away.
Look on my works, ye indomitable heros, and despair.

Shiori fell to her knees, at the site of her fallen kin. At the land upon which her brothers died. All that had remained of her reign, half sunken and shattered. A pair of trembling hands planted on the desert floor as her tears salted the earth. Now weep. Nothing beside this detritus remained. Round the decay of that vast wreck, effaced... amaranthine and bare these rolling halcyon dunes reached for infinity. This was the most lonesome place in the world.

WC: 907

Using ASP Item: Contract of Choice (800 ASP) as purchased Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:26 am. I am in possession of 2 of these cards, this will reduce me to 1. Seeking Youkai.

Papertrail:

Discovery of Contract of Your Choice - 800 Points
  • The user is guaranteed to find the contract of choice when they do their contract search. They must travel to an area where a contract can be found and RP out obtaining the contract (and such may still face failure from an RP standpoint). A player can also claim Kami or Youkai through this method. This may not be returned. May be purchased once or twice, depending on the number of contracts already held, Cannot obtain the same contract twice. There will be a 1 month wait time between each purchase.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Done...
Takahashi Shiori said:
Shiori fell to her knees, at the site of her fallen kin. At the land upon which her brothers died. All that had remained of her reign, half sunken and shattered. A pair of trembling hands planted on the desert floor as her tears salted the earth. Now weep. Nothing beside this detritus remained. Round the decay of that vast wreck, effaced... amaranthine and bare these rolling halcyon dunes reached for infinity. This was the most lonesome place in the world.

As if in answer to the tears of sand the remnants of the temple rose from the sand revealing that not all of it had gone to ruin.

Lost years of being buried beneath the sands did an amazing job of preservation. Time seemed to be forlorn and lost as well as clouds spiraled about to cluster overhead and begin a light rain in response to the call of the forgotten. As the mist of rain fell a man stepped from the entrance of the temple he looked upon Shiori with a knowing look as he stepped out to greet her. Careful steps on sure footed, armored legs approached as the man scooped her up from the sands to carry her to all that remained of what was once her home. Where the rain struck her an icy pain of loss would briefly blossom as if there was an emotional anguish in the very weather around them. His scent was that of cinnamon and jasmine as Shiori took stifling tear filled breaths. Unable to fathom who or what was carrying her she might look up to see another broken Ancient but this one long since dead but partially restored. A rumbling purr resounded from within the remnants of the forgotten temple.

"I can tell by your changes and the way that you weep once more that you have forgotten me..."
As he carried her across the ancient thresh hold he sung a song so she would feel again.
Ancient Tongue:
Orin voth enook koos do klo, tiid vis neh kos malz.
Vodahmin, tiid los nunon dahmin ko hahnu liiv.
Vahzen, fod nok los nunon nahlii fun ahrk faaz kelnat.
Buried, hahnu tol neh vis resurface erei daasin lost kosaan lokos.
Nid daal, wah tiid nunon sizaan kolos wid do funtaas lost kosaan lahvraan.
Nimun, aanwo Zu'u vis nid lingrahiik kos ol dii rii los mahfaeraak qatah.
Dimaar, Zu'u mindok hi, hi koraav zey, tul Zu'u fen neh kos dahmin
Ni klo, Zu'u los ko ven ol kii yolos hi neh tendered. ..
Tilro neh wah kos dahik un tey lost fen neh kos gahviik
Translation:
Even with every grain of sand, time can never be measured.
Forgotten, time is only remembered in dreams withered.
Truth, when lies are only being told and pain delivered.
Buried, dreams that never can resurface until the surface has been weathered.
No return, to a time only lost where the weight of failures has been gathered.
Nobody, somebody I can no longer be as my essence is forever tethered.
Myself, I know you, you see me, yet I will never be remembered
Not sand, I'm in the winds as ash the flames you never tendered...
There's never to be a winner because our story will never be surrendered

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
VXjfnhX.png

The earth began to shift and stir beneath her. The broken relics of a kingdom long forsaken shattered and returned to the dust from whence they came. The last reminders of what she once had. Once was. Gone. Something pierced through the surface, the great capstone pushed the rough earth asunder before her and rose to its full height as it partially blocked the sun. A shadow covered the weeping Ancient, the cool presence of the great structure soothed her pained sun-touched flesh. "Specters from my past and nothing more," Shiori rumbled. "Haunting me now with illusions from my past,"</B><i></i> she gazed through tear-soaked lenses at the great structure the sands birthed. Shiori took a sharp breath through her mouth as she closed her eyes tight, a fresh stream of sand escaped her face and colored the desert floor. Her eyes were nothing but equivocators, but her ears 'saw' the same imposing structure.

The desert wept with her. The algific rains stung as they found exposed flesh. Her coverings saturated with the unnatural precipitation. Something lifted her from the ground. She was a slight thing, something most apparent when the billowy girth was reduced her to her 'true form' which was in a matter of speaking a lie as this vessel was made. Something whoever this creature was already knew.

"I can tell by your changes and the way that you weep once more that you have forgotten me..."

The pleasant bouquet and charming song gave way to a blithe place, at least for Suna. "I do not remember you," Shiori admitted as they receded into the womb of the temple away from the frigid showers. "But this is not my home," Shiori announced with a deep melancholy in her words. She was not referring to the subterranean hovel humanity had taken, or the abandoned caverns her kin fled to after Godsfall. She knew what had become of this place after the Ancients lost the war yet she never had to strength to see it for herself. The ravages of time, storm and the wrath of man left only faceless ruins but now an echo of what once was had come to torment her. "Is it not cruel to give an old woman hope,"<i></i> Shiori added as the song finally ended. If still in his arms she would relinquish his grip possibly by standing on her own feet in a place that was once a grand space. The marble floors that resonated a song when her feet touched. The images of every carving in the alabaster and onyx as clear as day.
This felt real

She wanted this to be real.

<B>"How is it that you know so intimately this... my home... the graveyard of my kin." She finally inquired, the question even more important than the why. As Shouki had taught her, you must ask the right question if you want the right answer. This place -- it was was splendid perfection this reconstruction that could only be a fabrication of her mind's desire, a reflection of this creature's gentile will. It could not be real. It could not have survived for so long unattended. For so long in spite of asperity and the ravages of time.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths

He smiled at her a melancholy smile as he sat before her and pulled the sands from around her into an actual flower, a living, breathing, real flower. He sighed as he held her hand after setting her down on a gossamer pillow. "I will speak as a human does until you regain your memory, the simple fact of the matter is you do not remember me because you do not want to. I always loved you my perfect Suzuran (Lily of the valley). As the only ancient you were able to bring back from the dead I suspect it was because I had inhabited a human body, much like the one I taught you to form. Once we created hundreds of Oases all over this desert now only several remain guarded by our friends the sandwyrms. There is a part of your heart that remembers me or else I would cease to exist. Can you recall dancing on the breeze of dawn while palm trees swayed? Can you remember the feeling of truly being one with the desert. I can feel your heartache as if it were my own. I know you love another but I am here for you as long as you need me to be. Until you release me to the elements I will always love you and no being in existence will ever love you the way I do."<i></i> He placed the gentle white bell shaped flower in Shiori's hand as he stood up to tend to the needs of the temple. As he used his earth and water mixed chakra he spoke to her softly " So what do you call yourself these days? The red hair suits you by the way..." As he swayed he gently wielded the elements to clean and restructure the temple to near 80% of its former glory. In the distance several sarcophagi lay in a distinct half remembered formation. In the remote reaches of the temple a mighty demonbeast kept eternal watch over the remains of the fallen lords of the courts.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The earth was ALIVE. Not in the metaphorical sense where we anthropomorphize the world around us, painting smiles on stars and horns on the shadows and gloom to simplify this biome that they inhabit. A flower manifested from the swirling sands, a strand of delicate petals in the shape of dainty bells hung from a singular bowed verdant stem. A real flower. She, like that flower were molded from the dust and mire; her tears the shimmering diamond sands and her blood crimson earth and clay. She was the embodiment of this desert and these unfathomable sands.

This scene, the handsome gentleman who held her hand, the gentle bloom, the temple-palace... truly the antithesis of her pained heart.

"I will speak as a human does until you regain your memory, the simple fact of the matter is you do not remember me because you do not want to. I always loved you my perfect Suzuran (Lily of the valley). As the only ancient you were able to bring back from the dead I suspect it was because I had inhabited a human body, much like the one I taught you to form. Once we created hundreds of Oases all over this desert now only several remain guarded by our friends the sandwyrms. There is a part of your heart that remembers me or else I would cease to exist. Can you recall dancing on the breeze of dawn while palm trees swayed? Can you remember the feeling of truly being one with the desert. I can feel your heartache as if it were my own. I know you love another but I am here for you as long as you need me to be. Until you release me to the elements I will always love you and no being in existence will ever love you the way I do."<i></i>

This place... This manifestation, was that of her every desire and hope. Even the Suzuran in his hand, symbolic of happiness, unconscious beauty and purity. The resurrection of one of her kind by HER skill or will, something beyond her ability not that she had not tried. This here was everything she ever wanted, what she yearned for even more than the Steward's heart. Her home. The love of one of her own kind. The ability to bring back those she lost. It was a lonesome existence here, friendless, loveless and alone. Perhaps not utterly, she had the love of livestock. It was twisted really, how such shallow sentiments could grow so obsessive when a woman or rather Ancient was left starved for companionship. She wanted what she had -- the power, the authority, the GLORY. But how far she had fallen, to that of a pauper among peasants. This place now as it is... as it was served only as a reminder of her grievous losses.

Shiori shook her head. He was not human by his own admission but also because he knew what she was. Yet he was not 'one of them.' He knew of her more than the Oracles could recall with even the statement regarding resurrection. Did he think in her addled mind that she forgot? Did she do something she knew nothing of? "I do not have the ability to bring back the dead," she admitted. "Or at least a fellow Ancient,"</COLOR><i></i> she clarified. Specters could be summoned with a mere word, she could reconstruct a dead man with nothing more than grave soil but both took her concentrated will to manifest and when her will relaxed they would return to the twisting nether. She could even pull back on a soul's tail on a freshly departed man and tether their soul back in place. But bringing back a human was an elementary task, an Ancient however was a different thing entirely. She tried all the same. She relinquished much of her substantial essence in an attempt to HASTEN her brother's return. Even she did nit know before then what she was willing to give-up for her brothers.

"An Ancient cannot die,"<i></i> she claimed with uncertainty in her voice. The 'life' or rather 'existence' of an Ancient is cyclical. They are never 'born' in the sense that they never evacuate a birth canal. They are of the element they belong to the court of. Shiori or rather Suna was not the only Ancient made from the winds and sands, there were many like her... she was merely the eldest and most powerful at the height of her reign. She did not know what sparked the first or even the subsequent creation of those like and unlike herself, she never cared to unravel the mystery of how or why. But she knew that upon death, something she had experienced more than once that you never cease, only your form dissipates. Cognizant and unmoving they persist under heel and hoof, scooped up and consumed. Screaming but left unheard. Then after a time... Often decades but sometimes a mere handful of years. Her longest death nearly a century but that was only after she nearly experienced what might have been a "true death". The cycle worked on a natural timer, set in a way she could not fathom. However, there were ways to expedite the process, the mortal life of a human in sacrifice turned a year's wait into a blink of the eye. There were only two instances of true death that she could recall in her long life: the victims of Orochi and the victims of Primus.

He was either a liar or he had been lied to.

Who or whatever this gentleman was, for the moment he played the role of care-taker. The great pyramid-like structure in apparent need of cleaning. It was then that she spied the sarcophagi. Her expression froze but her breath left her chest and her heart experienced a stabbing pain. "You must have been one of the few that I expedited the resurrection of,"<i></i> she lied as she verbally reasoned. The crusades that followed Godsfall decimated their numbers, most hid and those who fell were hidden away but most, like Mikaboshi were not killed but rather trapped for an eternity with a magic now forgotten thankfully although it seems not entirely as evidenced by Sousuke's subjugation of a Shadow Court Lord.

"So what do you call yourself these days? The red hair suits you by the way..."

"Shiori," she admitted. The name, just one that stuck with her... Somehow. She could not even remember where she last heard it, likely a woman calling to a child at some distant, remote point. It simply etched itself from then on as her identity.

<COLOR color="red">"What are those?"<i></i> she enquired as she pointed at one of the sarcophagi across the room. Those were not there, or rather here.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsumeyashi looked Shiori over and noticed she was indeed content with the name she had chosen for herself, he felt her being false with herself as well. "Lovely choice of name, Shiori... but you are so much more than a foot note in our history, and I know you don't believe you brought me back, but allow me to at least explain. I was bonded to a human, a rather strong fellow with an affinity to nature that at least could grasp our concepts. I am both a part of him and a part of the plants that still exist in the desert.When you experimented on recalling the fallen your power called his body back from the sands because I was part of him. Don't get me wrong I will never have the full life and prowess I had as a true ancient but I do appreciate your effort to try and bring any of us back at all. As far as the sarcophogi go they are vessels of power I brought from the tombs of my servants in an effort to hasten your work. Whatever you seek to do I seek to help you, so while you were gone seeking yourself I gathered elemental shards and remnants of our fallen lords and melded them with the bodies of fallen warriors whom had remained loyal to us throughout the war. Using the same lessons I taught you I have been slowly infusing these bodies with the spiritual essence needed to bring our kin back to us. They will never be as they once were but their minds and hearts will be free of the void of eternity and with their combined wisdom we can make a place for us and have some semblance of our former tranquility restored to us. I hope that you approve of them when they awaken. The demonbeast Kuroneko was my final summon and as such he guards the regeneration sarcophogi until our kin are ready to return. Again it will not be their former glory but their minds will be intact along with exact memories of what occurred and what has been happening since they were gone. I tried to think of everything that would be necessary but even in an immortal body I am still limited in my own capabilities. Do you feel up to walking around or would you mind me carrying you?" Natsumeyashi awaited her reprimand for taking her efforts beyond her needs but again he only wanted her to be happy.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

There are some basic truths that exist even for an Ancient. An Ancient cannot defy nature as they are nature itself and defined by laws that even they are neophytes in understanding. Mass correlates with gravitational force. This does not and cannot change. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed. She often wondered what happened with her essence, the energies she relinquished in her fool-hardy attempt to resurrect her brothers. It destroyed her, but she was the desert and the desert could never be destroyed utterly but in this time she knew death or rather she yearned for it.

In the silence and the cold, she did not find beauty. She did not find respite, only to exist in the deep and lonesome dark for those great many years. Driven mad by the slow passage of time. She saw visions of beauty and death entwined, remembered the birth of mountains and the decay of seas. How even in the absence of hope or existence, life finds a way. Life always prevails. This endless, divine perfection in the wake of devastation and hate begot by predecessors long forgotten so that life could begin again. "Then I owe you my most grievous sentiments," Shiori announced. "I have forced onto you the ultimate taboo of our kind... and the only true-death I know of." Shiori explained in apology. Souls are like meat if the as humans would call it 'caloric' content would exponentially higher. A 'calorie' is a meager measurement of heat-energy and an elementary explanation of how an ancient subsists. Again, energy cannot be created only transformed, something humans so easily forget when they consume the flesh of another. A soul, this seemingly 'intangible' thing, the core life-essence of a human-being is something special indeed. This eternal existence and transition from one plane to another -- this hope for something beyond, a lie she would like to think but she... unlike they.... had no soul but also lived evermore. Her energies substantial in comparison to a soul, a soul's energies were substantial still in comparison to a hunk of flesh.

"You have consumed... much like Orochi had, a part of an Ancient's soul," she explained. In attempting to bring back her brothers she attempted to give them everything she had. All she had in her possession was her own very essence. The consumption of a soul was a taboo for more than one reason -- there was of course the societal tribulations of killing one's own kind. This was not some spiritualistic animistic totem-worshiping society that speciously believed that they would appease the gods by sacrificing their own kind. They took onto themselves the energies of what was consumed. Their 'power' perhaps being a strong word but as the adage goes: you are what you eat. this drove Orochi to madness, but he was more than an Ancient driven mad with power. He was no longer restrained by the rules that kept them in line, that bound them to their core nature. She never learned what broke him free of such tethers, a binding aspect that has haunted her for centuries. Her curse was her nature. Her 'neutrality' in action betrayed the passions of her heart. The desert takes no side in conflict -- she never chose to remain a spectator at Godsfall but the war was a pivotal moment for supremacy over the environs. The one time and place she could not interfere and she wondered if with her intervention. IF she could have fought at her brother's side if those chickens would have won that battle or if she would have shared the fate of her brothers. She feared yet longed at the same time for 'true death' because she was alone. There was a time when the earth shuddered beneath her feet. When the sky was full of color and life, but now the celestial spaces that were once Fuujin's have turned grey. She was alone... Alone in this world where everything was tasteless and bland. Where mere livestock ruled. Where she is a stranger.

The sarcophagi housed the remains of her, or rather their fallen kin. She wondered who was housed within each. Were these the Lords? Other nameless, faceless Ancients she would never know. It would have to be the later although this was a truth Suna never knew. Shoki damaged Fuujin and Homura, yes but they were destroyed in an existential manner, the fact that she or anyone could remember their name or their deeds was a true testament to how powerful they both were. Shoki did not merely 'kill' them, it destroyed their existence. There would be no way to resurrect them. There would be no eternal flame to capture or shining sun to contain as it awaited the opportunity to renew... to be reborn. 'Ancients were creatures just shy of divinity. Death and defeat were merely setbacks to them for the greatest of their kind were manifestations of the natural world as much as they were their own beings. But the destruction brought upon Fuujin and Homura was not a natural one. The blade that Primus wielded against them had not simply destroyed their physical bodies but rent them from the natural order of things. The thing that had made the human king so dangerous was the power of the golden light that he'd wielded. The human legends referred to that power as "Shoki" but it truthfully had no real name that Mikaboshi knew of. Armed with a weapon capable of attacking the "world" as a concept, Primus destroyed not only the bodies of his foes but their spirits and place within the world.' There would never be a resurrection of her long-lost brothers. She relinquished her power... her status... her existence for nothing. To her, at this very moment there was a chance. A possibility, no matter how tiny or abstract that they might be there in one of those cases before her. Waiting... sentient. Longing for life again.

"They have been dead a long time, longer than we would naturally remain as such. No Ancient in those sarcophagi would remains as such for so long, they would have reformed naturally by now,"</B><i></i> Shiori observed. <B>"Their energies must have been taken in their 'death' and thus they will require a sacrifice," she explained. "If they are truly in there, they must be screaming... the terrors they must have experienced being in the dark for so long," she mused "...must have been maddening." She stood to her full height, a rather insubstantial one at that, ignoring her fellow Ancient's offer to assist her back to her feet. "Only a sacrifice of souls will satisfy this need," she announced grimly. She had been a collector of sorts... a collector of souls, but they were not for her consumption but for her 'child's'. A reflection of her lonesome yearning for something more than this isolated existence she suffered. She saw a bit of herself or perhaps someone for a long time ago that she forgot in Makeinu, her attachment instantaneous. She regarded him as hers and no others. She planned to feed him souls, to feed him Orochi's blackened heart. To make a human for the first time in history into something more... something superior. To make him like her. no longer sickly. no longer weak. No longer afraid. And that heart was the one thing that could break all of the rules, but even she did not know the full-extent of Orochi's blackened heart. What something that spat on the 'rules' could truly do. How it could free her also from these terrible fetters. How it could do the same for Mikaboshi and the fearsome consequences the world would then endure as a result of his wrath.

"They require souls... I must harvest from the humans."

WC: 1301

MFT

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsumeyashi bowed before her and placed his right hand upon her forehead, "As you wish it my desert flower these are the collected souls of over an eon of those whom perished in your desert close enough to my plants for me to gather their essence. I knew not what to do with them but they were stored for your return. Might you accept my love for you as it were..."<i></i> Centuries of longing had made Natsumeyashi nearly as hungry for Shiori's presence as Orochi was hungry for the souls of his kindred. A vast amount of souls poured into Shiori as she sat on the floor with Natsumeyashi on one knee touching her forehead and passing on the bountiful harvest of centuries in the only manner he knew, his fondest memories and wishes... The power engorged her before a Natsumeyashi's feelings overwhelmed her mind ever so briefly.

Shiori’s Fate

Shiori would awaken to find herself gently covered in a lace of fine vines extended thin to the texture and feel of silk, her clothing a living gown of flowers and delicate roots with desert blossoms of varying colors that slipped from her bare feet to her shoulders gradually changing color from gold to white to the crimson color of her hair and a few dapples of green that perfectly matched her eyes. Did she feel her control slipping away? Did she feel her true powers returning? Who could say? Natsumeyashi did everything within his limited power to remind her of who she truly was. He sought to bring her back to her full glory even if it cost him everything. Such was his love for her that he would defy the edicts of eternity and grant her anything. His fevered mind was stoic and reserved only because of his personality and natural traits as an ancient. His lips were supple, his ebony hair was thick and fragrant of soft black earth yet easily moved, and fine as silk. It fell to his lower back covering intricate runes of power that bound his ancient powers to the reanimated human body of his most faithful servant. To look into his face was to stare at the purest most earnest sense of love. Coal black eyes stirred ever searching for Shiori’s memories as the fragrant flowers and roots beneath her feet formed sandals for her as she walked through the Temple hall showering her in memories and souls. Everything became clear and sharp to her every sense, as if she were seeing through new eyes, then suddenly she was only seeing the world with her mind. Then she looked upon the fallen ancient and Shiori could see Natsumeyashi truly and she suddenly understood every fiber of his twisted being. He was the date palm, the willow, the oak, the giant trees lost to the explosive devices of the Cabal and tumbled into the deep courts. He was a creature of pure love and desire, he was the root, the tree, the vine, the flower. A tree does not concern itself with the consequences of reaching into the earth to bring forth life, it bends and adapts to the storm, it weathers the sands, and burns in the lightning and beyond. Natsumeyashi was all these things and more. He was an ancient, honorable, terrible, powerful, patient, proud, unyielding to anything or anyone but her.

Shiori would look into his eyes and see his ancient being as a firm green light of love and he would look into her and see the void of sadness, loss, longing. A void he believed he could fill and in his Ancient hunger he reached out to fill her void and devour her sadness. How had she not noticed it before? Would she allow him to take away her sadness? The world suddenly slowed for Shiori and though she could move freely she could once again hear the whispers of time eternal as Natsumeyashi poured his strength and love into her seeking to bring her back to her true self. Shiori would feel lighter than the wind, stronger than the mountains, and swifter than the night as it consumed the day. Then just as suddenly time would revert to normal and Natsumeyashi would be found clinging to her waist tears of eternal devotion falling from pitch black eyes. Shiori knew him and if she were to just call out his true name, the name only SHE knew he would fall away into dust and true death. She was the key to his lock, she was the bind to his ward, she subconsciously held all the answers to his continued existence. What would she do with such terrible power over another being?

Kuroneko stood by passively then he sat and watched the scene unfurl; a slight curl formed in his top lip revealing a silvered set of massive fangs ever so briefly before pawing the ground and laying on his side nonchalantly watching them before he turned his attentions elsewhere. What would Shiori say to this one, a beast of battle and burden summoned from the elder times to serve a lost Ancient in a human shell. He was ever so patient unlike his kin Hyakujuuonouu he was a stalker of all things, he believed that one day even time itself would fall to his whimsy if he stalked it patiently like any other prey.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It requires an unreasonable amount of self restraint to refrain from consuming one's fill. Mental debility, preventable illness... the product of resigning oneself to impulse. The years antecedent to Godsfall were indeed a time of excess for many and precipitated their downfall as avarice and a lust for power led them to committing terrible atrocities and taboos. The blackened heart threatens still.

Hunger is the most primal impulse. Shiori, or rather Suna had not consumed her fill in centuries. The lingering esurience delayed her return to power, but beyond ravenous desire for dynamism there was the primitive hunger pangs that she resisted. Why? Her tolerance for humanity perhaps. She did not always hold such human sentiments. Perchance, the loneliness brought on by being among the last of her kind. The yearning for companionship and comradely was compelling. She was no longer the last. Maslow could easily prophesize what would come next: a need to feed her hubris. There was no longer a need to fast. No longer a need to needlessly suffer.

Natsumeyasi touched her forehead and a vast store of souls were poured into Suna.

A cup that is overfilled will run over. A closed vessel will crack and eventually shatter. The bounty from centuries of collection greedily absorbed at once. "Too much..." She tried to announce, but the words never came before the blackness consumed her.

She awoke, covered in the alien wilderness. It hurt to rise, this vessel was about to break. Impossibly fine cracks started to emerge down the sides of her leg. A ring of fissures formed around her throat and corners of her mouth. The *Snap* and *Crack* of her limbs that seemed to displace. Flesh-colored shards broke from her and fell to the floor. Wrapped in nature's splendor and grace, she was breaking apart and falling away. The broken vessel, like a damaged porcelain doll. Beneath the humanoid shell was a golden light that peered from between the fractures. The ceaseless churn of pure energy and nature eddied about an unseen nucleus. Her actual form obscured by this cadaver's skin for years, this twisting force of the desert.

"Remarkable moil, "</GLOW><i></i> a vibrato of sound escaped the deteriorating form. <GLOW glow="orange">"Thank you," What remained of her most recent form broke away. What remained, an essence - not dead nor distressed but rather 'well-fed.'

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsumeyashi lay near her feet content that she was happy and nearly her true self again. All that was necessary was for her to remember and then all would be new and happy again. He could hardly believe his luck in finding his lady true actually in need of him once more, despite his bound state and his limited abilities he had done all he could to be ready for her return. He even had a surplus of souls for her at her whim. Like a granary his stores were full from the vast amounts of death that had occurred throughout Kaze no Kuni, even now creatures and living beings of all kinds were dying or being consumed and the remnants and residual life essences of their spirits were collected by his plants and funneled into the temple vast that was all that remained of Godfall, the marble and crystal floors channeled that energy into a vast system of roots of all sizes. Shiori had access to everything he was at a mere gesture, everything except Kuroneko whom guarded the chambers from every being except Natsumeyashi, even she could feel that she could not physically go near the sarcophagai. The runes along Natsumeyashi's back were in ancient tongue, if she took the time to remember her true self, language and all, she might remember who she really was and not just feel it out.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would seem that his primary objective was fulfilled. Subsidence, something most consider to be nothing more than bundled nutrients. Consideration made for 'taste', an evolutionary step to ensure that the body craved the densest options to ensure survival during times when such resources would prove scarce. Yet even in the case of such a feast, one can only contain so much before they have exceeded their fill. A vessel can contain no more than its fill, a basic law of physics that even an Ancient could not deny as this mortal shell began to crack. Spiderweb thin, it ran down the side of her face. It forked into impossibly fine tributaries down the side of her jaw. She did not scream, her voice box had already turned to dust. As her mortal body broke away, all that remained was her true form. The ethereal form she had obscured from mortal purview for centuries.

The silken vines and beautiful flowers, things of nature and beauty ensconced her still.

The poor girl burst.

What was once the form that the world so briefly knew as Shiori was nothing more than dust at her feet as the shell shattered. Red dust surrounded her, but this time she was not dead. The world would have preferred the later outcome. Suna stretched her arms, her long golden arms that shimmered. Her fingers extended on each hand and rolled into small fists before opening once more. It was strange after all this time, all these years squished into such an infinitesimal space.

Her fingers felt as if they could grab the tail of time itself and turn it about upon her whim. Her eyes as if they could see what is as well as what could have been and what could be. Time, space and existence itself no longer seemed linear. It hurt. It hurt to be truly alive. Yet at the same time, it was intoxicating. This power and purpose. This release from mortal constraints, yet despite this liberating sense there was also this sense of dishabille. A comfort that came with limitations. "Pabulum for my brothers," Shiori rumbled, her voice resonated a deep baritone but returned a sweet soprano from the distant temple walls. "Not I,"<i></i> the walls sang.

Natsumeyashi's objective was fulfilled. She was as she once was, much less endearing. Much less kind. Her time in Sunagakure taught her what it was to be human and what it was to be humane.

The sarcophagi -- exactly what or who did they possess? Why did she have an intuitive sense that she should not draw near. "What now dearest Natsumeyashi?"<i></i>

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nobuku%20Benjiro_zps0afnz34q.png
Natsumeyashi pulled himself up to his feet and wept with joy, she had finally truly returned to him and now she was free to remember everything, as she called his name his human heart skipped several beats. She had not use power to call him so he was not yet made to crumble as her humanoid shell had. "I have in the first sarcohopagus the body of Fuujin's greatest servant Silmaught, a wind infused human experiment made by Homura in honor of his brother, with him a solid shard of Fuujin's golden lightning and a crystal necklace imbued with Fuujin's wind. In the second sarcophogus I have gathered the remains of Homura's molten shell and his lava blade and poured the last of his fiery essence into a vessel that bears the wrath of fire in his eyes. In the third sarcophogus I have gathered the remains of a great water mistress whom used to assist us in creating oases and underground rivers. She aided you in the first revival attempt and lost herself, her sacred waters fill the chamber with the body of a handmaiden that was her fondest servant. In the fourth sarcophogus I have placed the stone and earth remains of the Titan Gaius and his great hammer, the body of an obsidian fused human was placed inside to be his vessel, he is also the only Ancient to have stirred in all these centuries but never truly awaken. In the fifth sarcophogus I have fused the remains of Hanone slayer of the mad Ancient of the Wild hunt with a nomad huntress whom prayed earnestly to her liege and fired true for all her days. In the sixth sarcophogus I have placed the resin of shadow and the body of a shade to revive the mistress of the night Meikyou. In the seventh and final sarcophogus I placed the remains of your sister Kousa so that even when I fade away you will never be lonely again. I imbued her with all my powers as well as the natural control of sand she once had, using the body of a priestess whom prayed to you until she passed away during some kind of attack upon the underground lair of those whom have earned your ire."

Natsumeyashi held on by a thread, if she invoked his name with her power he would disappear and everything he had left would flood over into her. She was worth it, but would Kuroneko accept a new master?

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I have in the first sarcohopagus the body of Fuujin's greatest servant Silmaught, a wind infused human experiment made by Homura in honor of his brother, with him a solid shard of Fuujin's golden lightning and a crystal necklace imbued with Fuujin's wind. In the second sarcophogus I have gathered the remains of Homura's molten shell and his lava blade and poured the last of his fiery essence into a vessel that bears the wrath of fire in his eyes. In the third sarcophogus I have gathered the remains of a great water mistress whom used to assist us in creating oases and underground rivers. She aided you in the first revival attempt and lost herself, her sacred waters fill the chamber with the body of a handmaiden that was her fondest servant. In the fourth sarcophogus I have placed the stone and earth remains of the Titan Gaius and his great hammer, the body of an obsidian fused human was placed inside to be his vessel, he is also the only Ancient to have stirred in all these centuries but never truly awaken. In the fifth sarcophogus I have fused the remains of Hanone slayer of the mad Ancient of the Wild hunt with a nomad huntress whom prayed earnestly to her liege and fired true for all her days. In the sixth sarcophogus I have placed the resin of shadow and the body of a shade to revive the mistress of the night Meikyou. In the seventh and final sarcophogus I placed the remains of your sister Kousa so that even when I fade away you will never be lonely again. I imbued her with all my powers as well as the natural control of sand she once had, using the body of a priestess whom prayed to you until she passed away during some kind of attack upon the underground lair of those whom have earned your ire."[/u]

Natsumeyashi listed the contents of each coffin. The first, a servant of Fuujin; the product of an eternity of boredom and rivalry with Homura in the coliseum. The second housed her brother. The third, a lesser ancient whose named escaped Shiori that was previously sacrificed to resurrect the greatest among them. Nobody was truly equal in this world, this world of roaches and gods. The fourth, the body of a Kirishii, a formerly human slave race twisted into their present stony form due to the whim and competitive nature of the Flame Court Lord. The fifth, the vessel of another forgettable victim, the knotted amalgamation of human and ancient. The "victor" over the Ancient Lord of the Wild Hunt is a title none hold. His heart, the source of his gruesome power as he cannibalized how own kind for greater power, breaking their one universal taboo, his blackened heart was plunged into the deepest pit they knew of. She sought now the power of his heart to fortify what was weak. To nourish her adoptive kin. The heart he would consume. The sixth and seventh, members of the Earth and Deep Courts. She had no particular affections towards any of them less the second sarcophagi which housed brother-fire. The same ancient she nearly forfeited her existence for.

It was nearly everything she ever wanted.

It required considerable restraint to live among humans. A skill honed over the years. There were still questions unanswered, such as what compelled such fidelity. How he came to possess their remains. Why Homura did not ravenously consume his very essence. "You're dying," she observed as she looked at what remained of Natsumeyashi. "...and you lied," she added with a grim tone. The mass of souls he had collected was more than adequate, more than what would have been necessary to shatter her carapace. "Your demise would contradict my desired ends,"[/b] she explained. An Ancient's source of power was never from within, it was always relative to the world that housed them. Anthropomorphisms of the desert and the world, this was the cradle of existence.

"The time of man was determined in battle, the spoils to the tribes of humanity. However, their day will soon pass and I have, if nothing else in abundance, time. Your martyrdom will only weaken our forces and resolve, good and faithful steward. Your essence is not mine to take."<i></i> She declared as she approached the dedicated keeper and reached for his throat. Her fingers, long and ephemeral reached around to the back. Her mouth moved towards his, her fingers unyielding. "Take back this gift,"<i></i> Shiori ordered as she gave back the essences he forfeited through a kiss.

Assuming she was not denied, when it broke she would feel his absence. There was something substantial about an Ancient's soul, even in a sea of human essence. Still, enough to fill her with glory. She was a woman, or rather Ancient of few,attachments but she understood the relevance of utility and strength in numbers. "The non-Ancient will not be resurrected. The energies that have sustained him will be better spent reviving our own."<i></i> She paused momentarily in a thoughtful moment. "Regaining our strength is paramount."<i></i>

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsumeyashi received a vast amount of souls back from Mother Suna but he could not hold them inside himself, he simply was no longer of the power or construction of elements necessary for that. He was too human now, only his spirit was ancient and though he had tried to give her all he was he knew in all certainty the only way he could perish was by Suna herself speaking his name. "My dearest I have never lied to you, and I cannot die except by your command, as you have returned to yourself you know this well. You know I cannot lie, nor am I capable of sustaining this banquet of souls. Only the great tree within this sacred ground through which I am connected to all the plants of this desert vast can be the vessel you need if you yourself do not wield this power as you see fit. My essence was never my own, YOU brought me back! I have tried to die when I felt so lonely I could not take it I emptied myself of all energy and forced myself to crumble to dust only to awaken anew, completely unharmed and my power returning. I can never be what I once was but my LOVE for you is all there ever was, it has never changed and if I cannot have your love then I will give you all of me and have you revoke my existence. Yet you want me to continue to serve, I cannot do anything but serve you. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND I HAVE NOTHING IN ME BUT MY LOVE FOR YOU! I HAVE NO HEART, MY ANAMCHARA IS ETERNALLY BOUND TO YOU!! I cannot be without you and you will always love another... I know this. I am never meant to be happy but I must have you at least once. Do I deserve to be alone, or do you regret me this much that I am only fit to be your slave?" Shiori found she could not give back his ancient essence and over half of the energies she was force fed. The rest went inside the sacred tree Natsumeyashi had planted, she knew as one bound to her he would not and could not die without her say so.
Nobuku%20Benjiro2_zpsphmtf6jn.png

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: It is hard being mean with my actual PC. T.T

IC:
"My dearest I have never lied to you, and I cannot die except by your command, as you have returned to yourself you know this well. You know I cannot lie, nor am I capable of sustaining this banquet of souls. Only the great tree within this sacred ground through which I am connected to all the plants of this desert vast can be the vessel you need if you yourself do not wield this power as you see fit. My essence was never my own, YOU brought me back! I have tried to die when I felt so lonely I could not take it I emptied myself of all energy and forced myself to crumble to dust only to awaken anew, completely unharmed and my power returning. I can never be what I once was but my LOVE for you is all there ever was, it has never changed and if I cannot have your love then I will give you all of me and have you revoke my existence. Yet you want me to continue to serve, I cannot do anything but serve you. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND I HAVE NOTHING IN ME BUT MY LOVE FOR YOU! I HAVE NO HEART, MY ANAMCHARA IS ETERNALLY BOUND TO YOU!! I cannot be without you and you will always love another... I know this. I am never meant to be happy but I must have you at least once. Do I deserve to be alone, or do you regret me this much that I am only fit to be your slave?"</B><i></i>

It was the cruelest of circumstance, this sociopathic lack of empathy for this wretched ancient. She did not see him as an entity worthy of love but rather a tool, a means to an end. This would be something that Natsumeyashi would have recalled if he truly remembered her. She stood idle as her brethren were destroyed by mere farm animals. The nature of the desert is unloving, unforgiving. The desert endures but never intervenes. The desert is harsh and terrible but sometimes beautiful. Was there a spark of human regret? Yes, enough to even try to undo the damages wrecked by Primus. Time should heal all wounds, or so it has been said. No, time only provides a diversion. Beneath this almost pleasant facade is a self-centered debased being.

There was a time. A time not long ago when she would have reacted differently to an admission of love. A time when she would have tried to salvage feelings. A time when she would have tried to feel the same way. It was not a long time ago. A time when she thought she was human. It was strange how 'emotions' for her were nothing more than social constructs. How fidelity and friendship were just things you did, not bioelectrical impulses that compelled one to act a certain way. How humans were undefinable in how or why they did what they did. She could not feel love, even for Sousuke. She desired him but now that the world was clear once again, she realized that she had no reason. She wanted him because she could. She did not love him for his foolish mind. She did not love him for his fleetingly handsome facade. She had no reason for 'loving' him when she did and now that she realized this the only difference now was the fact that she wanted to possess him because she could.

<B>"I am sorry,"</GLOW><i></i> she replied. Perhaps a thread of humanity remained.

He rejected the return of the excess souls that shattered her cutis. She was the antithesis of what the books and historians told. Social convention and habit would suggest an expression of regret, perhaps even a lie. She might be a lot of things, but she was not yet a liar. <GLOW glow="orange">"You know I am not capable of love," she added solemnly. How could the verdancy have a heart? Why didn't she was a better question. Ancient all had their limitations, hers was her inability to intervene in the war exemplified hers. Her sentiments regarding her lack of intervention plagued her to this day. Ancients are not nearly as different from humans as she, or rather they would like to believe. She was just not a good Ancient. "We cannot die and I am not capable of killing you even if I desired to grant you your desired ends." When Primus felled both Homura and Fuujin, he did more than be the first human to destroy an Ancient, he was the first of anything to kill one less one considered the actions of the Lord of the Wild Hunt. He committed the greatest taboo to gain his great power and with his twisted blackened heart is also the tortured essences of their brethren.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ooc: sorry about the wait work schedule keeps changing.... sigh but I am glad to have a job :)

A massive crack appeared in Natsumeyashi's chest as she had finally broken the one taboo that she had sworn to him when he was truly alive. She had lied to him blatantly, it was most certainly true that love was indeed hard for her but he had seen her various incarnations human and otherwise LOVE. He could almost taste it on the wind and feel it in the earth itself but none of it had ever been for him. His life seal slowly fractured as centuries of pent up frustration, dark emotions, and torrents of power all the surviving ancients save Mikaboshi had forgotten awakened at her remark, her lie, her broken promise. The one thing she had promised she would never do to him. If she had simply told him I will never love you he might have simply added the drop of pain to the massive ocean held back by a damn of righteous servitude, morals, and personal faith in her but all that shattered now. He took a breath, a true breath, which tasted stale and burned and ached with pain. His heart had finally broken completely, he could not tolerate this anymore. Kuroneko rolled over from his playful capricious cat like mannerisms painfully alert for what he had been waiting centuries to see, Natsumeyashi's unbridled wrath. A large shuddering filled the temple as he turned from Lady Suna for the first time and kept his back to her. "I will do as you asked and pour all the ancient essence gathered into the revival of your brother Homura, although he will never be what he once was he will have memories like me and he will be free of all things unlike because his resurrection will be pure. I wanted to keep you by my side forever, I wanted to hold your tears at bay and make you happy but you have lied to me and broken your one promise to me. We swore we would always be honest with eachother and now even that is gone. I WILL NOT HURT YOU but I WANT TO. I WILL NOT HOLD YOU HERE BUT I WOULD RATHER IMPRISON YOU FOREVER RATHER THAN LET YOU LIVE WITH THE EMPOWERED SLAVES. I will set you free, leave this place and never return GODFALL IS FORBIDDEN TO YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY... After Homura rises in 3 days time he will come for you and may the Gods whom forsook us for the slaves have mercy on your eternal essence. LEAVE HERE MY LOVE lest I do something we will both regret for all time."

Shroud_zps07a5pk86.png

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: May as well resume. Sorry >> Not sure if this is what you were looking for.

IC:

No exile at the South Pole or on the summit of Mont Blanc separates us more effectively from others than the practice of a hidden vice.

To covet. To have passion for. To love. Such very different things. What she felt for Sousuke was so deep and so painful, but even that could be squelched once the veil was lifted. She loved a figment of honor and justice, things she could only strive for but he was a chimera. Selfish and vain, arrogant and foolhardy... but so beautiful. She did not love him, she desired him. She was to greedily possess him and all that he was. This man, or rather Ancient had all the qualities of a fanciful fairy tale. Long dark hair and deep eyes full of yearning and passion, dedication that spanned centuries. Yet still, she felt nothing for him but confusion and appreciation.

The kind and gentle facade had shattered with her rejection.

"I will do as you asked and pour all the ancient essence gathered into the revival of your brother Homura, although he will never be what he once was he will have memories like me and he will be free of all things unlike because his resurrection will be pure. I wanted to keep you by my side forever, I wanted to hold your tears at bay and make you happy but you have lied to me and broken your one promise to me. We swore we would always be honest with eachother and now even that is gone. I WILL NOT HURT YOU but I WANT TO. I WILL NOT HOLD YOU HERE BUT I WOULD RATHER IMPRISON YOU FOREVER RATHER THAN LET YOU LIVE WITH THE EMPOWERED SLAVES. I will set you free, leave this place and never return GODFALL IS FORBIDDEN TO YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY... After Homura rises in 3 days time he will come for you and may the Gods whom forsook us for the slaves have mercy on your eternal essence. LEAVE HERE MY LOVE lest I do something we will both regret for all time."

She could lie, perhaps tell a second lie if the first was indeed a falsehood. Tell him that there is a chance, string him along in case he had salvaged her brothers. It was a consideration that truly demonstrated how far she had fallen. There was a time when pride alone would have been enough to prevent her from clandestine efforts. This denial of sustenance and warmth amercement for her sins, entirely self-inflicted.

She felt guilty. How human of her.

Perhaps a lifetime as a human had changed her in a way. Natsumeyashi represented what she was and the people of Sunagakure represented what she had grown into. This moment she hated both with equal measure. This self-loathing was grossly misdirected. She ate because she was hungry. She ate people - people with friends and families and lives that would never be lived. Humans ate chickens - who is to say that they also lack sentience, friendships and families. She knew them by name, many of these humans. She knew their likes, their dislikes, their joys and their sorrows. She wondered if humans understood the hopes and dreams of farm animals or if that was a plight only for her and her kind. So she remained insatiate, with the rare exception.

This could be called by some an act of mercy, but she possessed no such grace. She was not a god, she was a proud Ancient who knew this world when it was young but she was not the alpha nor the omega. The ground rumbled beneath her feet. "No,"<i></i> she replied resolutely. Her steely eyes bore into Natsumeyashi. She was not what other people said she was. She was not a god. She was not a human. She was an Ancient. She wanted who she wanted, no promise or desire otherwise could or would change that. She was proud. She was strong. She was hungry. "Specious tales of maternal love or the erroneous memory of my proclivities will not dictate who I am or where I go,"<i></i> she defied. She was not sad. She was not lonesome, not at this moment. Not because she had found a long-forgotten friendship but because she finally remember who she was. She was the desert in all of its strength and beauty. All of its harsh, unforgiving nature. She was not what anyone else said she was. She was not some benevolent mother to the unwashed masses. She was not a lover who had returned. Independence was a rare trait for an Ancient, so much of what they are is predefined in their nature.

She frowned, "it is a shame that I tried to provide you with a kindness."<i></i> She did not like to kill or rather harm, strange. That never bothered her before. The sentiment delayed her but it did not deter her. The earth's rumble became audible but she stood still in the same place, a constant despite the terrain's quavering state. "Humanity seems to have changed me, and for the worst I am afraid."<i></i> The morality of most choices is dependent on the culture in which the action was committed. When one does a terrible act but it is considered righteous, they are righteous indeed. When one does a terrible act that would by many be seen as good in a place where it was an atrocity, you committed an atrocity all the same. These restrictions. These rules. The constant stream of guilt and inadequacy that pervades humanity leaked into her. It was wrong what she was about to do, the problem was -- she was about to do it anyways. Perhaps that was all that made an evil act evil, the revelation. The indifference despite knowing. The selfishness and the pride behind the choice. The wrath.

"Godsfall will be the CENTER of the world, and the heart of the Ancient resurgence,"<i></i> she replied as a crack started to form along the profile of her face. "And I am a QUEEN, I do not take orders!"<i></i> She snapped, her voice full of indignation as the spiderweb-like fractures moved down her neck, chipping at her collar. "I go where I please Natsumeyashi!"<i></i> She bellowed with un-unworldly wrath that made the winds cry and the earth break away beneath their feet.
2MmqeGR.jpg

"Always the sentimental fool. Natsumeyashi the old, you have no right to make a command of me. Through your arrogance and stupidity, I have opened these depths for you to slumber once more. You are unworthy of my presence, you're unworthy of association, you're unworthy... of whatever love you had for me that you betrayed because you cannot possess love. I will now take from you your power! I will take from you your life! And I hope that in your next life you will know your place. I cast you out!<i></i>

A fissure split beneath their feet that bisected the temple. The sand witch shot her hands downward, her arms locked at the elbow and her hands bent back further than her human body would have naturally afforded. Like a damaged porcelain doll, a finger snapped off. Her long crimson hair started to shed, carried off by the howling winds. The earth was ripped asunder. She took a step back, both feet still on land. What could be said of the fate of Natsumeyashi?

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No,"
"Specious tales of maternal love or the erroneous memory of my proclivities will not dictate who I am or where I go,"
"it is a shame that I tried to provide you with a kindness."
"Humanity seems to have changed me, and for the worst I am afraid."

"Godsfall will be the CENTER of the world, and the heart of the Ancient resurgence,"
"And I am a QUEEN, I do not take orders!"
"I go where I please Natsumeyashi!"

"Always the sentimental fool. Natsumeyashi the old, you have no right to make a command of me. Through your arrogance and stupidity, I have opened these depths for you to slumber once more. You are unworthy of my presence, you're unworthy of association, you're unworthy... of whatever love you had for me that you betrayed because you cannot possess love. I will now take from you your power! I will take from you your life! And I hope that in your next life you will know your place. I cast you out!

Smiling as she finally revealed her true self Natsumeyashi filled in the cracks of the earth beneath her and himself with roots and vines and further empowered the sarcophagai, his essence shattered and a whisper could be heard on the wind. "Even in death and betrayal I will love you where you would never love yourself, No one will ever love you as much as I do"</COLOR></GLOW><i></i> A verdant spark of emerald green shot forth from the dessicated body that became like the very sands she wielded to embed itself in Lady Suna in her purest form and the black devilbeast roared in delight as his freedom was at hand. He had warned Natsumeyashi not to press her for her love, that it would only invite her wrath and betrayal. Demons knew women where near immortal hearts did not. The overflowing dark essence grasped the wind and struck a massive wind crystal in the center of the temple awakening something that the demon had hidden even from Natsumeyashi. He had indeed scavenged the lightning scorched remnants of Fuujin and placed them inside a crystal with the body of one attuned to the storms as the massive wind ancient was not partial to being contained but a primal spark of Fuujin had been spared and collected when he had died carrying Homura away. He was to be the demon's parting gift when he had feasted upon his ever so delicious soul but now someone far more tastey had presented themself.

The massive near feline monstrosity grew in power as its binder faded to become essence for the rebirth of others, even in death his final spark gave itself to Lady Suna, The Vicious, The Betrayer, The Oathbreaker, The Queen. Everything a demon could like and then some.
<COLOR color="red"><GLOW glow="black">"Mother Suna, Queen of the desert vast, you have set me free and as such I find myself willing to make you an offer bind me to your essence and I will grant you a gift I had reserved for Natsumeyashi, a gift of the winds. Deny me and nothing lost, nothing gained but I daresay you smell divine, your flavor could satisfy the likes of one such as I... What say you formerly known as BELOVED?"

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
And he broke away...

This was the moment where she was supposed to feel sorry. Ashamed with herself and her selfishness. She didn't. She did not feel anything, she felt like herself for this one fleeting moment. Not driven to love, befriend, humor or console. She was for this one moment the immortal desert once again. Unwavering and unfeeling. There was no sentiment. There was no shame or fear or perversion. It just was. Time was a human concern, how it would pass constantly so yet it plagued her as this perfect moment was fleeting and she felt once again. In waves the indignity came back to her, the acid gall lapped at the base of her throat. What if she was wrong? What if he had a way to bring them back? Perhaps she should have lied.

Natsumeyashi faded from existence.

In his wake, something else emerged from the sulfur and ash. A great feline beast.

"Mother Suna, Queen of the desert vast, you have set me free and as such I find myself willing to make you an offer bind me to your essence and I will grant you a gift I had reserved for Natsumeyashi, a gift of the winds. Deny me and nothing lost, nothing gained but I daresay you smell divine, your flavor could satisfy the likes of one such as I... What say you formerly known as BELOVED?"

A demon... Her expression did not betray her as she looked upon the monstrous visage. She had questions of course -- who was it? More importantly what did it want in return. Demons rarely sought to deliver favors without asking for one in return. Demons were also the one thing that Ancients found lowlier than humans, or at least they did. The problem with humans is the social conventions they use to make themselves acceptable. The lies they tell each and every day - the makeup and the designer brands, the empty apologies and promises. "Friends... Allies... Accomplices... These I lack," Shiori admitted quietly. She steeled her resolve, she knew that she would one day regret this choice but it would not be today. "I accept your offer."

OC: Did you know I was going to betray him? o.o;; Also, very brief post, in the middle of a lot of other site work sadly.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ooc: 50/50 chance the desert nurtures the strong and destroys the weak. You are the epitomy of the desert, and the desert knows few loves.

She took the bargain and just as quickly as she had felt full and herself she felt hungry again as a portion of her essence and all the love Natsumeyashi had borne for her were devoured in binding the massive demon before her. He smiled a feline smile of happiness and glee as emerald green eyes sparkled in delight at the taste of love lost, betrayal, yearning, and suffering beyond mortal comparison. He had grown fat living off Natsumeyashi and now it was time to give Mother Suna her gift in return expelling all the essence but none of the flavor, memories, sensations, or emotions that were once enmeshed inside it and even a great deal of the essence he had taken from Natsumeyashi as payment for his protection and his lessons in the dark arts he empowered a massive wind crystal, one not made from carmot but powered by it. This crystal had been made from the remains of Fuujin and a human servant, much like the Sarchophagai he had instructed Natsumeyashi to create but far more potent as wind was so very hard to contain. A storm had waged inside this crystal for eons empowering and reconstructing the body inside it. What was once human was far beyond that now but what was once Ancient was no longer a pure elemental being. With the massive energies poured into both the crystal and by extension Homura's Sarchopagus leaving faint sustaining and revival energies for the remaining four sarcophagai. The massive crystal poured broke free from the great tree Natsumeyashi had nurtured all of his powers now belonging to Kuroneko. It slowly levitated down to the sarcophagus containing the chosen body for Fuujin's revival and absorbed everything within it, filling in the portions of the body within the crystal that had been destroyed and ground away by Fuujin's true eternal rage. As his rage and his calm center merged a vicious lightning storm swirled to life around Godfall. Sand and patches of trees were struck, shattered, and glassed over from the plasma like lightning of the storm that finally summoned all of its power and struck the first sarcophagus with all that it had. Fuujin although greatly diminished now lived again, wind and lightning surged into the sarcophagus as the crystal simply faded to dust revealing the reforged body within. His memories given back by Kuroneko he recalled how he had fallen to the blade of Primus, he rose feeling his new diminished body but felt his new sight and senses as a blessing. Had he been able to assume a form like this he would not have fallen to the One King. As he pulled himself free of the broken sarchophagus he marveled at what remained of Godfall knowing instantly where he was. A second sarchophagus surged with vibrant violet and crimson flames as Homura also rose in a human vessel, greatly empowered and greatly diminished at the same time. It was an eerie moment for both the fallen masters of the Ancients as they could see whom had brought them back as well. See her as she truly was Mother Suna had brokered a pact with the fallen demon Kuroneko whom had now shrunk to the size of a kitten but he didn't seem to mind his no longer bloated size. In fact Lady Suna could feel that he preferred to be the unsuspecting, adorable little black ball of fur and fangs that he now was since it also concealed his true intentions and capability so well.

Fuujin could see all around for 1000's of miles and even see through certain materials, the storms of power responded to his body, he could feel emotions now, he could feel sensations now but he could also analyze his mistakes and see without conscience. He was rather pleased it seemed as he pulled upon the armor and garments left for his body.

Homura could see the energies flowing all around him and he could call upon the power of the earth beneath his feet, his terrible strength had not diminished in the least but his size was gone. He seemed to be content with that however as he too instinctively began to clothe his human form. Neither had weapons but Lady Suna knew they needed none for like her they were eternal once more. She had paid the price, how much had she paid. Kuroneko placed a portion of her essence in a dark seal of the demon contract as Natsumeyashi's seal was replaced with her own. The witch of sand now had a devilish black familiar.

OOC: Pictures will be added once I get to some decent internet

You have earned the demon contract
You have gained E rank summons Kuroneko

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back