Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Free Popcorn! (For a Price) (Open)

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[spoilername="Posting as Yu Eiji"][col3]
bbfa9c9c-befa-4077-a93d-484342f3d5c8_zpsxgb9wpom.jpg
|---------------------------------------------------

Name: Yu Eiji
Appearance: Five foot Ten with golden blonde hair, Yu wears a light colored pair of pants and fitted shirt under his work apron.

---------------------------------------------------​
|[/col3][/spoilername]

The sunny weekday morning had people out and about early. Yu Eiji was among the citizenry as he calmly walked through the street and toward a builders supply store in his dusty work apron. Stopping at the store front he began to discuss his shopping list with the merchant. "Good Morning, how very nice to see you today. Well I am looking for some renovation supplies please, yes I know the city is still hurting from the conflict but anything you can spare from my list would be much appreciated. Yes the plaster and paint colors look good, all of that and the others can go in the wheelbarrow." With a friendly wave that almost caused him to tip-over the wheelbarrow filled with supplies Eiji continued on down the street. He traveled while trying to keep the overloaded wheelbarrow balanced, only having to stop a few times to re-stack the shifting supplies.

Moving further down the road he stopped once he had reached the storefront of a print shop. Parking his wheelbarrow near the front of the building he dusted off his apron and hands before going inside. "Good Morning, how very nice to see you today. Yes I am here to pick up my order from yesterday. Ahh it looks great! No nothing to fancy, simple and too the point works best for me. Thank you and have a great day." Eiji slipped the now rolled up scroll into the pocket on his apron before heading back outside and continuing his errands while pushing the heavy laden wheelbarrow. Stopping a few more times for food and art supplies he finally approached the last errand of the day. Walking up to the announcement board there at the end of White Oak street he pulled out the scroll he had received from the printer earlier. With his tonged sticking slightly out of the side of his mouth he unfurled the scroll and posted it along side the other announcement's and fliers. Stepping back and nodding happily to himself he grabbed his wheelbarrow and traveled back to the Shadow Box Cinema building to wait for anyone who would answer his offer.

[col3]|
Volunteer's Wanted!
Looking for three volunteers to help with renovations at the Shadow Box Cinema on White Oak street.
All ages and skill levels are welcome.
The Shadow Box Cinema has gotten a new financial backer and is undergoing renovations so that it can reopen and begin providing a place for citizens to come to enjoy the latest movies or screenings of classics.
There is still lots of work to be done and we need your help to get the place back up and running. As incentive the Cinema staff is offering a lifetime coupon for free Popcorn to the first 3 volunteers to agree and help. Please report to Cinema manager/projectionist/ticket booth operator Yu Eiji as soon as possible to claim your spot.

Lifetime free popcorn rules and restrictions: Agreement is for one Large popcorn per full purchase ticket, non-transferable, non-inheritable, does not apply to caramel corn or other specialty popcorns.
|[/col3]

(Anyone that arrives to the Shadow Box Cinema before Eiji has posted again will find the doors unlocked and renovation supplies stacked around some unfinished countertops and exposed pipes in the broken down walls.)

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I stroked my chin when I arrived at the Shadow Box cinema. The place looked like a dump.

I let out a sigh. I could not be picky though. The village was still building up its economy and I had to take whatever job came up. I took out the flier and read it over again. Free popcorn for life. It did not include premium popcorn, but free popcorn was still free.

I knocked the door, "Hello? I am here about the volunteer position."

I was wearing a white blouse, black skirt, and my noble's caplet. I had no socks or shoes. As I said, the village economy was not at its best.

"Hello?" If no one answered I would let myself in.

I made a mental note to go treasure hunting over the weekend. 'Volunteering' in exchange for popcorn was not an appealing long term career.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megumi had heard through her contacts with the tradesmen that she worked with, when they were rebuilding the village the old Shadow Box Cinema. Her ex-coworkers said that the ones funding the revitalizing of the old cinema, were asking around for volunteers and extra supplies and goading a few suckers into working for peanuts or popcorn in this case.

Today was a free day for her, since she had finished her morning training and did not have class or work today. While she could spend time, tinkering or arguing over her decision to become a ninja with her grandfather. Megumi was tired of the constant arguing her and her grandfather have been doing ever since her decision.

Looking over to her workshop and boxes of materials and puppet limbs lining her work table and most of her room. She wanted to take a break from her work as she was having trouble with balancing the weight of the puppets. She did not want to take the weight from the defensive plating, but she did not want to sacrifice the tools and weaponry. If only she had more funds to get better material, the weight problem would solve itself.

Looking back at the ceiling as her thoughts drew back to the cinema. She remembered going to see a film there once with her parents. If her memory served correctly, it was a film about a prince saving a princess from an evil daimyo, real kids stuff. Megumi gave a small smirked as she remembered about the stupid stuff she used to believe and like when she was younger. Thinking about finding her own prince and living happily ever after and all that fake shit. In real life the people with power get what they want and those that don’t have power, wealth and contacts get swept under the table.

She was not really interested in fairy tales anymore, though she had some leftover supplies and her own skills to add to the task. She did not need the wood or paint, cluttering up her storage, and if those cheap bastards had only popcorn to offer. They would get the supplies and she would count it as her good deed for the day.

Gathering the wood and the rest of the nails and paint that were unneeded, and switching out her weapons for tools. She headed out, upon leaving her shadow of what her grandfather use to be used his doll to block the door. “ Doing some home repairs”? The rough voice of her grandfather weakly crawled through the house. Pushing her way through his doll and opening the door, “ Just doing some extra work around town, no need to call the cavalry. I’ll get you some mochi on the way back so chill, don’t want you keeling over and dying over nothing”.

Shutting the door and ending the conversation. She could not stand how over protective the old man has gotten. He was a ninja himself, the old man has no right to tell her how to live her life.

Reaching the half standing pile of lumber and glass that was once a cinema. Standing around was a girl that stuck out like a thumb. The green haired girl was wearing loose clothing and no shoe’s in the middle of a work sight. Placing the supplies off to the side, a loud slam echoed through the area. Approaching the girl and holding out her hand. “ Hey you the manager of the building or are you just waiting on him”?

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I jumped as I heard a sound come from behind. You would think that after a career as an ANBU I would be used to this sort of thing, but I was still a green as when I first attended my AiT courses.

"Err manager?" I said as I turned around and saw the girl stretch out her hand.

"No no. I am ..." I said as I offered my hand for shaking.

I am? I had not come up with a full backstory yet. My name was not actually Ayunee. I was Yogi, a former ANBU in the old Hidden Leaf Village. Back then it had been Leaf City. We did not even have a Hokage back then, not really. Kami, the leader, had been the 'CEO' and head of the yamaguchi clan - or something along those lines. Or had he been the CFO? It all blurred. Many years have passed and it was hard to remember what really happened. There was a war with the Fire Daimyo somewhere in there.

When this new Leaf came around I did not present myself as Yogi. I created this Ayunee persona instead. I was Ayunee, a seventeen year old..

"I am Ayunee, Viscountess of Port Takayama. Hehe. Sadly I am viscountess in name only. My family lost all its wealth in the civil war. The Daimyo confiscated our lands for not being loyal enough. He did not take my shoes by the way. I sold those myself for lunch a few days ago."

Takayama. That was a call back. There used to be a city named Port Takayama before the war. I wonder if it was being re-built as well?

"And yourself?"

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
By the girl’s response she clearly was not the manager. Accepting Megumi’s greeting she paused as the bell of the construction site poundered on their own name for a bit more than anyone should on their own name.

She responded by referring herself to be the Viscountess of Port Takayama. She would continue on with her lie about how her land and status was taken from her and how she had to sell her show for lunch a few days ago. While she spun her web of lies Megumi would observe and study the girl that stood before her.

Letting the lady’s hand go and looking back to her as “Ayunee” requested her name. “  Me i am someone who does not believe everything i am told”. Stepping back, and resting her hand on a screwdriving resting in her tool belt. “ You know where you are right? Lying in a shinobi village, especially poorly is dangerous. How do i know you're lying, easy you made a mistakes when we greeted me, in your story and your outfit. Let’s start with the fact that you did not know your name, and how you shook my hand like a commoner. You're a lady, and should be well spoken and not stumble with their words and forget to greet someone properly”.

Megumi would focus entirely on the possible threat and slide slightly into an offensive stance.“ Now let’s talk about your story. You say that you traded in your shoes for lunch a few days ago, but your feet are rather clean and undamaged. If you say that you washed your feet in a river that could explain the hygiene, however a soft noble girl with no signs of redness or damage on her feet after a few days of walking in bare feet is hard to believe”. Sliding the screwdriver out as she spoke to cover the sounds of friction, Megumi would finish off her speech and the enemy if they did not explain themselves.

“ Lastly your wardrobe. No jewelry, crests.. signet ring. One would think a lady such of yourself would at least still have her signet ring or at least mention that they sold it to get by. Also if your family lands were confiscated by the Daimyo, and i’m going to assume by confiscated you mean forcefully taken. I don’t think looking like a lost lady would be wise if you're being hunted down”.

With her observation and the vault of evidence that sat before the two girls. It was up to the lady, weather they lived happily ever after or hers or Megumi’s story ended abruptly. “ I’m going to ask you again who you are. I suggest making a better lie or telling the truth”.

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
"You cannot argue with the child's deductive reasoning skills, that much is certain"

He had not really planned to linger in the area, which was one of many within the village in a state of construction but his ears had all but dashed that idea. Having overheard enough of the familiar child's voice, it would of been quite irresponsible not to see exactly what one of his students was up to. Hence why he suddenly seemed to stand behind Megumi, a palm inside his pocket and his other hand resting on his side.

"Though even if she is potentially lying about her background, you'd also have to consider the nature of this region for the last decade. If she was of nobility and the former daimyo was after her..do you think she would majntain the same characteristics that make her stick out like a sore thumb??"

He'd end his statement and question with a sudden flick of his figertip against his student's forehead...scratch that, two flicks against her forehead all the while smirking coyly. It was quite incredible how she was so attentive to some details but she still had a long way to be able to also incorporate outside situations and process it all in a complete portrait.

"Apologies for young Megumi here, she's quite the cautious one especially easy to pick of untruth truths. But as we both know in the ninja world some things are not as they seemed while others are exactly as shown"

Oyochi did not have anything showing his full ranking outside of the fact that he wore the typical jounin attire, the only difference being that he also had an Iwagakure headband hanging from his flak vest while a leaf one was tied over his forehead.​

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I let out a hearty laugh as the girl prepared herself for battle. I had forgotten how quick kunoichi were to perceive others as threats. I supposed she was right too - for a noble to go around shoeless and not complain was suspicious. I made a mental note to dirty my legs a bit more next time.

"Fine fine. You got me! I confess! I am not the Viscount of Port Takayama!", I said as I raised my hands in the air and feigned surrender.

"I am really Yamaguchi Ayunee! I am not a Viscountess. I am a Citizen of the Republic!"

It was then that another showed up. The headbands he wore betrayed him as a shinobi.

"Oh hello there!" I said to the newcomer, "Oh please do not apologize for the girl. She was right. I fibbed. I do not think Port Takayama had any Viscounts when it still existed. We used to be a Republic then. Republic, by the way, means that we were all equal. It just so happens that my family was a bit more equal than others.."

I allowed myself a smile, "What about yourself sir? This girl is called.. Megumi was it? Are you a relative of her?"

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Appearance: Five foot Ten with golden blonde hair, Yu wears a light colored pair of pants and fitted shirt under his work apron.

|[/col3][/spoilername]

After setting down the last of the recovered film reels in the storage closet Eiji picked up the large toolbox sitting in the hallway. Slowly tetting down the hall way with the heavy toolbox in his arms Eiji took one step at a time down the employee staircase. After reaching the bottom of the stairs Eiji slowly turned around as he focused on the heavy toolbox and then bumped the door open by backing up. The door swung open to reveal the three people talking in the lobby and Eiji looked up with a surprised look on his face. Quickly setting the toolbox on the ground with a full bend of the knees and straight back he turned to the visitors to the Shadow Box.

"Good Afternoon, how very nice to see you today! I am Eiji, Yu Eiji, manager of the Shadow Box Cinema. Welcome, I hope all of you are here to help volunteer for the renovations? This place could use a lot of work." Stopping a few feet from the group Eiji bowed respectfully and put on a proper polite smile for everyone. He then reached out a hand to greet each of them in turn

(OOC: Would all of you be okay with trying to make this an E-Rank mission?)

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the kunoichi gave the girl haired fibber her options of truth or a more convincing lie. The girl had a odd reaction to having her life threatened. Instead of fighting back or giving Megumi she just laughed at her.

As the giggling fibber raised her hands and confessed to her lying. Reintroducing herself as Ayunee Yamaguchi a citizen of the republic. Megumi was getting real tired of the fools game. “ Republic of what, and you're telling me that you used your real first name in your false persona”? Glaring at the girl with an unamused expression and an annoyed tone. Megumi did not really care what she called herself, as she was going to drag whatever stood in front of her to the watch.

Preparing to left off a little steam and deal with a possible threat, but before she performed her stress exercises a familiar voice asked a question on her new stress ball. “ Well i don’t have any knowledge about where she claims she is from, therefore i would do a background check on her place of origin”. Turning around to finish her answer to the question, to sharp stings hit her forehead in quick secession. “ Ow what the hell! What was that for!? Just cause it would seem unlike for anyone with any form of intelligence, that wearing what they were last seen in would be a poor idea. Does not make her any less suspicious than she is”.

It seems as though her ending argument did not matter as the girl and her Sensei were already past the conversation, and the girl even stuck up for her. Putting her screwdriver away and giving up on the suspect and mumbles about her loss. “ First she mocks me, then she defends me. What a complete and utter defeat on my end”. Looking at her sensei with an unimpressed expression, when he told the girl her name. “ Really just going to give her my name”. Giving up she decided to sit by her supplies as the two have already put her in the children’s table.

While the two talked, a boy with blond hair and a work apron waddled his way down the stairs. Somehow reaching the end safely with the tool box he could barely handle. Announcing himself as the manager of the cinema, Megumi would respond to the giant tool that stood before them. “ Nope just brought some extra supplies that been asking around town for. I would be willing to volunteer, but i’m not really a fan of popcorn, and considering my current company i’m not feeling very charitable right now”.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

|[/col3][/spoilername]

Looking down at the others Eiji got excited that he finally had help in his cinema, the reconstruction was taxing all the good work crews. Suddenly he got a call on his headset, after fiddling with the device for a moment he spoke up and into the microphone. "Hello, Yes? Oh no, yes of course I will head that way now." Turning to the others he put a small frown on his face. "I am so sorry everyone but I have to cancel the work for today. I must go and attend to some shipments that have been held up at the gates right now. But please do keep us in mind, I will need all the help I can get. Possibly we can try this again and get everyone their free popcorn coupons at a later date." With that he waved and left the others in the construction site.

[Topic Left]
[Will Repost the Free Popcorn opportunity as a E-Rank Class soon]

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting atop the materials she had dropped off. Megumi would have not part in continuing the conversation with the lair and a man who clearly has no interest in the safety of the village. Seeing the plain boy received a call from his headset, Megumi would await his word on what his offer was instead of heated corn seeds.

Seeing a frown on the boy’s face, gave her all of the information she needed, As he went on about how there would be know work today, Megumi already had one foot out the door. She would not give the boy or the other to, anymore of her time then she already has. Making sure to take the bronze tongued women’s face to memory, she would leave the pile of bricks behind.

As she had given the theater her leftover materials, she had no reason to come back. If the owner and manager wanted to see progress, they would have to show some Yen.

(( Leaving Unless Stopped ))

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back