Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Gathering (Open)

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was about midmorning, Kaoru was strolling through the streets of Kumogakure. A gentle breeze picked up her tan hair flew behind her as she enjoyed the chill of the air. She wore a dark blue skirt that reached to her knees with a loose blouse. Kaoru coontinued to enjoy the carefree day. No classes, no work, just relaxation. On the side of the road was a small cafe. The place smelled sweet like honey breads, tea leaves, and chocolate. It was heavenly to the teenagers. She walked in lured by the scent, inside it had cream walls and black and white tiles for flooring. Kaoru went up to counter and gazed up at the board hanging above her head Chamomile Tea, Bagels with fruit cream on top, mini sandwinches Kaoru read the infinius list of delicacies. " How may I help you? The cashier said, she was a short woman maybe in her late twenties. "Umm yes I would like a vanilla mocha and a croissant, please. Kaoru said in a shy manner. The food came out within minutes of her order. She sat down in one of the black chairs by the window. The small restraunt was empty as a ghost town. Kaoru sat there enjoying her brunch, allowing the warmth of the sun to warm her body.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hold the presses!" I said as I walked into the cafe.

'Hold the presses' is a phrase used originally by people working in the newspaper business when the printing presses had to be stopped in order to edit in a shocking new article. For example, the phrase 'Hold the presses' was used by a staffmember of the Daily Bugle when it was discovered that the Raikage was a lizardman. The article had to be added to the front pages of the newspaper or their rival, The Quibbler, would sell more copies that day.

In this case though I was not a member of the Daily Bugle and the small cafe I was entering into was not printing newspapers. The only thing that was printing in the cafe was coffee, bagels, and other pastries. I was using the phrase 'Hold the presses' to simply mean that everyone around me to stop whatever they were doing and listen what I said next.

"I just came from the village gates and I heard the merchants talking. The coffee they brought in has been poisoned."

I said nothing to allow everyone to take in what I had said before continuing,

"It seems that those dasterdly shinobi from the Hidden Sand Village intercepted our delivery of coffee beans and put poison that makes whoever drinks it get blue ears. Has anyone here ordered coffee? We need to get you to the hospital immediately before you get the blue ears or Raiden only knows what could happen."

I scanned the cafe. It did not have many customers, so hopefully I had arrived in time to warn everyone against drinking any coffee.

By the way I was wearing my old academy student uniform today. It was the sort that we were issued back when Raikage Santaru Ryuuto was in charge. For the girls it consisted of a short skirt and a large bowtie. The history books don't mention it, but Raikage Ryuuto was something of a pervert. I wore no accessories except for a single hairpin on my blue hair.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
" Hold the presses!" Kaoru turned around as a blue haired girl walked into the cafe wearing a schoolgirl uniform. What the - Kaoru thought as she saw the girl walk over to the counter. " Has anyone ordered coffee?" the stranger asked. This queston made Kaoru slightly curious as to the reason for the strange behavior of the girl. Kaoru looked down to her mocha Does this have coffee? she picked it up and miffed the hole on top hmm doesn't smell like it The girl in the uniform scanned the restaurant, seeming not to notice Koaru over by the window. "umm Miss, why is it that you want to know if anyone has ordered coffee?" Kaoru said in a quiet voice, getting out of her chair, she stared right at the stranger. Slightly worried of her own drink,but also for any of the previous customers. But then a bad feeling started to form in the middle of her gut. Oh no did I just disrespect an elder Kaoru thought in her desperation. She stood there awkwardly waiting for the girl's reaction.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Come again?" I said.

One of the few cafe patrons, a small girl, stood up and spoke something towards me. My ears weren't blue, but they weren't good enough to hear what she said. She had no sooner finished speaking when she looked like she had eaten a bad pair of frog legs - or in this case bad coffee.

I quickly moved my way toward her.

"Did you drink any coffee?"

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The stranger whipped her head around as soon as she finished speaking. In the next moment she was in Kaoru's face asking "Did you have any coffee?" Kaoru took a step back " umm I had a mocha but I don' t feel sick or anything. Is there food poisoning going around in the coffee or something?" Kaoru's voice became more quiet the closer the stranger got. She didn't know what to do or what was going on.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I stayed silent for a moment. The girl had drank mocha. Mocha, for those who did not know, came from the coffea suna that originated in the greener parts of Wind Country. It goes without saying of course that the Hidden Sand Village was in Wind Country and were as such more than capable of harvesting those beans.

If only the girl had opted for the drink of a Kumo-jin, tea. She would not only have spared herself the trouble of being poisoned, but would be enjoying an infinitely better beverage. Those foul desert dwelling sandworms! They had to be wiped out before they continued their attacks on civilization.

"Yes there is poison going around in the coffee. It is making people get blue ears.", I said to the girl.

"Not that having blue ears is anything bad. Some of my best friends have blue ears. The blue eared people have contributed greatly to our history. They invented peanut butter and.. peanut butter ice cream. Very important things."

I looked around the cafe.

"Are you a medic by chance Miss-?"

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was an awkward silence, the woman appeared to thinking of something displeasing. The stranger's statement on the coffee being poisoned alarmed Kaoru. She felt the tips of her ears "A - are they blue?" Kaoru said in a shaky voice, hopin that the stranger had good news. But instead of an answer Kaoru was met with a queston on whether she was a medic. She lowered her hands "I have some knowledge of medicine and a simple healing judstu for small cuts and bruises, but thats about it. Why are you asking?" Kaoru tried to appear as confident as possible in the unusual circumstances. They stood there in the empty cafe, the stranger with a serious look on her face and Kaoru becoming a nervous wreck on the inside.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well if you were a medic then I am sure you would be able to find an antidote to fix any blue ears that you might contract."

I starred at the girl for a moment when she asked me if her ears were blue. Funny thing about that, I was color blind. My entire family was color blind actually. Whether she had blue ears or yellow ears I did not know. I was not entirely sure what 'blue' or 'yellow' were. I knew of their existence only from medical texts I had reviewed for the family library.

I couldn't just tell the girl I was color blind though. I lied and said,

"Yes you have blue ears! Bluest blue ears I have seen in ages. Quickly, grab my hand and we'll go find you an antidote before it spreads to the rest of your body and you become a blueberry."

I outstretched my hand toward the girl.

"You can call me Koko by the way."

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru now felt ashamed to not have payed more attention to her guardian when she was still alive and in the apothecary. Why didn't I pay more attention to antidotes. Kaoru thought. Her body began to shake with worry. The stranger looked puzzled at Kaoru question, the girl looked at Kaoru's ears as if to decide if they were blue or not. In the end the stranger just shrugged her shoulders and said that Kaoru had the bluest ears of all and they needed an antidote before her entire body would be the same . Kaoru put her hand to her ears again, they didn't feel any different.Suddenly the woman put her hands on Kaoru's and introduced herself as "Koko". "um um I'm Kaoru. Koko san do you really think I can be cured?" Kaoru's voice was barely audilble as her hands cenched under Koko san's.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Can you be cured? Of course!"

I shook the girl's hand when I received.

"The question is whether you want to be cured. Do you want to? Or would you prefer to become blue?"

Not that either option was correct or wrong. It was a matter of personal preference whether one wished to remain a pink colored human being or to turn into a blue colored giant blueberry. Are we not after all the children of Raiden in the end of the day? Blue, pink, or yellow be damned.

Orange colored people were devils though.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru felt great relief as Koko san said she could be cured. I can be normal! Kaoru thought tears were welling up in her eyes but she was determined not to cry. Koko san shook Kaoru's hand and asked if she wanted to be cured What kind of queston is that? Kaoru thought Who would want to be blue "Y- Yes I want to be cured, I want to be normal!" Despite her shy demeanor, Kaoru managed to raise her voice in response to Koko san's queston. Kaoru stood there her hands clenched more. "Do you know the cure? she finally asked, her voice barely a whisper.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kosei had been sitting quietly in his own corner of the small cafe, watching as the almost unbelievable events unfolded in front of him in an incredible show of human creativity, as if some author somewhere was physically scripting each person's lives... But Kosei couldn't think that. Not legally, anyway, because if he did, some person somewhere would cry about metagame, and then there would be a whole bunch of nonsense, and so on and so forth. So.

A few people got up and left, all headed in the general direction of the medical complex, save for one man. He went the opposite direction, stopped, looked around, then ran in the direction the other had run, as if he'd been momentarily lost in the panic of what effect having blue ears would have on his life. Not that it mattered. I mean, if a blue-eared man had invented peanut butter, that guy might invent Nutella... whatever that is.

The whole situation seemed outlandish to the eighteen year old ANBU, buuuuuuut just to be safe, he dumped his coffee and ordered a vanilla chai tea, one of his favorites. Turning around and leaning on the edge of the front counter, Kosei cracked his neck and addressed the "presses" girl. "Well if that doesn't sound like a declaration of war... by the way, did the merchants happen to mention how they knew that the Sandies had intercepted the coffee? Seems like a lot of work on Suna's part to turn our ears a different color."

MFT

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I nodded as the girl told me she wanted to be cured. Whew. I was scared for a moment that she might be one of those who were happy about being blue. You know how politically correct some people try to be when they're being watched by others!

"Unfortunately I don't know how to cur-"

I was interrupted by one of the other cafe shop patrons. He asked how the merchants had discovered the effects of the coffee and whether it didn't seem like an awful lot of trouble on part of the Suna-jin to only turn our eyes blue. Obviously the man did not fully appreciate the horrors of blue ears, and it was my duty to tell him as a noblewoman.

"The merchants discovered the truth when one of their own lot turned blue when they were shopping for wheat."

I scooted myself towards the man and whispered as lowly as I could so that the girl didn't hear me, "Between you and me it doesn't stop at blue ears. If it goes untreated you turn into a giant blueberry. Twelve merchants have already become blueberries. A thirteenth turned into a pumpkin as well.."

Throughout my explanation I kept a steady smile. I didn't want to frighten the girl.

I raised my voiced and completed my earlier sentence, "Don't worry! We can cure you. Well I I can't. I'm not a medic. All we need to do is call a medic to come take a look at you. Now... Does anyone have a phone to call one?"

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koko san nodded to Kaoru and began to speak only to be cut off by a nearby stranger. A man who was sitting in the corner of the cafe, who had thrown away his coffee and ordered a different beverage to replace it. Kaoru could spell the aroma from the counter Tea? she thought. Koko san walked over to the stranger, she leaned over to the stranger and whispered to him. Kaoru strained to hear but to no avail, but by Koko san's expression Kaoru can tell it was serious . She could tell that Koko san's smile was fake. After a moment, Koko san finished her sentence. She stated that Kaoru could be cured, but Koko san could not cure her. Kaoru was still filled with hope at the news. She did not want to become a walking blueberry. In response to Koko san's queston Kaoru said "I'm sorry Koko san I do not own a phone, but I bet the clerk does" she points at the small woman behind the counter "If we ask maybe she'll let us borrow it." Kaoru did her best to sound chipper.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Does NC even have phones?

From blue ears to a full on blueberry? That indeed WAS horrible! After all, everyone knows that if you're a COMPLETE blueberry that you have to live by the blueberry code of conduct, never again eating another blueberry. THat's cannibalism otherwise... dih! Now the only questions that remained in Kosei's head were these: Did she mean a literal blueberry, or a figurative one, in which the vistim was simply blue? And second, how does one turn into a pumpkin? It sounded horrible! Not to offend any pumpkins-colored people... he was sure that many great things had been accomplished by pumpkins.

"I have a headset, if that's what you meant." he said, clicking his head radio to the non-emergency medical response's channel, in a method that might seem like something called a telephone in some other universe, where they indeed had telephones. But not here, no, heaven forbit we had phones! We have radios that can call other specific radios. But not phones.

He spoke into the radio, and, if all went according to plan, an NPC to be controled by our friendly neighborhood presses lady, if she was so much obliged, was on it's way.

"So then. How long does this blueing process take? Is it serious?"

MFT

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl did not have a phone. Which may, or may not, be a good thing depending on whether phones exist. If they don't exist then we should be happy the girl doesn't have one. Otherwise horrible things might occur. What these things are isn't clear, but surely they must be horrible horrible things because - I said so.

The man on the other hand did have his handset with him and used it to access the medical response channel.

"Serious?" I said, "Well.. I'm not sure actually. I only know about it because I was at the gates and saw giant blueberries being eaten by the ANBU, who told me about it."

Granted, it is possible the ANBU has just stolen the giant blueberries from the custom's office and were pulling my leg about Suna-jin poisoning our coffee.

Wouldn't that be simply awful though? I'd mean I had ran to all the cafe shops in town warning people about a horrible disease that doesn't really exist. That'd simply be too awful! So let's pretend that the ANBU were telling the truth and that there really was a blueberry pandemic in our hands.

Well, as long as we're waiting for a Medic to show up...

"By the way Kaoru-chan," I said to the girl, "Are you a student here in Cloud? Where do you go?"

OOC: We may or may not have phones. D:

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Thankfully the man had a radio set, he phoned in a medical unit after he finished talking Kaoru bowed and said "Thank you so much!" She raised herself and smiled a wave of relief went over her. Koko san said something afterwards, but Kaoru didn't quite catch it all something about the ANBU and giant blueberries. Oh NO! Did the ANBU get poisoned! A slight panic went over her at the thought of it. Koko san turned around to Kaoru, it snapped Kaoru out of her frantic thinking. Koko san asked if she was a student. Kaoru cleared her throat and began to speak "W - Well" she started out quietly in her usual shy manner "I just became a Genin so I guess no." Kaoru was not sure on what Koko san meant on her second queston so she just remained silent. Go? Go where or for what? Koaru questoned herself. "How about you Koko san?" Kaoru pointed down to Koko san's school uniform "Not to be rude but you don't exactly look like a student." Kaoru's voice was beginning to become louder and more confident.

I'm sorry, I know these aren't my best posts things have been to crazy with my family and the super bowl, plus schooll and getting sick -_-

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ANBU, eating blueberries, at the gates. AT THE GATES! If you can't tell, "at the gates" is the key phrase of the sentance. You see, an ANBU's worst nightmare was gate duty. Nobody wanted to do it. It's the most boring job one could possibly be assigned. It took all day, and all you did was... sit there. Let tourists in. Let shinobi out. Return. Freeze your butt off at the top of the gate, maaaayyyyybe the bottom, if your superiors allowed it.
So what do you do? Whatever it takes to make the day interesting. Kosei had often times seen other AiTs spreading rumors to people entering and leaving the village...

"Yea... I'm pretty sure they were screwing with you." Kosei inwardly weeped for the coffee that he'd wasted by tossing, and sighed audibly. He accepted the tea that the barista handed to him, and walked over to the two girls in the room, then sat down with the back of the chair pressed against his chest. "Well then. Since there's no real danger anymore... Do you have any idea what branch you're gonna go into... Kaoru?" Kosei didn't remember what name the other girl had called her by... but hey, might as well guess, right?

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh that's lovely! You just became a Genin! I remember when I took my Genin examination. Aion was the Raikage back then. Our exam was removing Sarunishi's name from all the history books. Which I like to think we did a great job at doing."

I smiled smugly. I had personally red-inked half a dozen books to remove any references to that dasterdly Raikage. We would have gotten away with erasing his existence too if it weren't for those meddling kids and their dog releasing un-censured versions of several books to the Daily Bugle newspaper. After that incident everyone and their mother knew about Sarunishi's short term as Raikage. Not that it really counted. It was more of a temporary lease.

"I am a Chuu-" My smug disappeared as I remembered myself I was only a Chuunin. I had never bother to take my Jounin exam and was never promoted upward despite my age. It was emberassing really now that I thought about it. "I'm a chu-chu train. I give people rides around town."

"What rank are you Sir?" I said toward the man who had offered his headset to call mednin about the blueberry issue.

I said nothing more about the blueberries. It was embarrassing enough that I was only a Chuunin. It was even worse to think that I had been lied to and genuinely believed that Kaoru was about to turn into a blueberry. Hopefully no one would call me out on it.

OOC: Pardons I was at Disneyland the past few days and been posting via phone while in line. D: SO MANY LINES.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When the man pointed out that the ANBU were probably pulling Koko san's leg, Kaoru felt a great relief but also embarrasment. He walked over to Kaoru and Koko san, pulling up a chair. He asked Kaoru about which branch she was going to join, she answered by saying "I'm going to join the ANBU" Although she was quiet, Kaoru tried to make her voice sound as confident as possible. Koko san went on about her genin exam and how she thought she did a good job at erasing the Raikage's existence. Kaoru laughed when she told about the kids giving uncensored books to the daily bugle. Then Koko san began to call her self a choo choo rain. This made Kaoru's small giggle turn into a full on fit of laughter. Koko san asked what rank the stranger was, Kaoru was also curious about this.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back