Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

generations of shadows [Roku/Flashback]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
*knock* *knock* . . . *knock*

Fuu was exactly on time. To the second, actually. He awaited a signal, however long it might take, before opening the door, smoothly, with a cold mechanical precision that could almost be described as perfect.

Mikaboshi had always demanded perfection, why should Roku be any different? Fuu had come here on his orders, for reasons that he did not know. I don't need to know why. Mikaboshi always said 'your superiors know best' — Fuu had never seen a reason to doubt this.

Fuu stood before his Sennin, full attention.

"Sir?" He said, "You wanted to see me?" He wondered what he'd done wrong. I don't step out of line. Surely, it must have been a miscommunication. He'd get this straightened out, then be back on with his duties.

[OOC Notes]
This thread was requested [here]. This thread is a flashback thread, happening shortly after Roku became Sennin.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 1: 'Fuu'| Flashback Side Story said:
[col]Following the Cabal incursion the inner workings of the ANBU went dark. Mikaboshi had went rouge, large number of casualties and deserters thinned the rank and ultimately a leaderless force began to die. ANBU operatives still continued to work and some even missed the turmoil that had been brewing, but following the appointment from Sousuke that was all about to change. Kazuki and Roku, under the codenames Reaper and Tenken, seized control of the ANBU and quickly started working on getting the division back in operating condition.

Tenken had one primary focus in the reshaping of the division; purge the rotting fruit of Mikaboshi. The shadow lord, even removed from his post, still had a foul odor that lingered heavily on the headquarters and the division. The Ancient seemed to play by his own rules and kept most of his machinations to himself, and now Tenken saw those he was heavily involved with as more of a threat than a resource. Through his official position he set out to observe and question those who remained in the corps and had any, even in the slightest, connection to the previous Sennin of the branch. Those that fled, those that had already fled and those who showed their true colors in his little chats would not face repercussions from Tenken directly. Instead, the vigilante known as KASHA, rumored to have once been an ANBU, would seemingly carry out justice on those who seemed to be too directly consumed by darkness.

This led to today, to this meeting and to this person. The glowing red eyes that were sunken into the metallic skull visage would turn up and glare directly into the ANBU that had just entered.

"Operative "Fuu"... please have a seat."

Between the two men was a table, one that was completely empty aside from two items; a note pad and then a rather large and robust folder that seemed to be busting at the seams with paper, what appeared to be photos and various other things.

"Reaper and I never officially greeted the branch, so I am not sure if you are fully aware of who I am."

The cloaked figure would remain unmoving in his chair. A mass of darkness with two glowing eyes that seemed to be burning within the obsidian madness of the figure.

"I am Tenken, a name that means heavenly judgement. As co-leader of this branch I've been tasked with taking inventory on our roster. You are the lucky next name on my list."

Placing his hand on the collection that laid upon the table, he would open it and reveal that it was less of a folder and more of a ledger that seemed to have various other documents within it. Slowly the Sennin would flip through the various pages and photos until finding a stopping point. The lighting in the office was rather dim and the paper seemed to be rather old or at least had not been kept in the best shape. All that Fuu would be able to recognize from his viewpoint would be an image paperclipped to the page before Tenken; an image of Fuu. It seemed that whatever this document was, there was a section for Fuu.

"Tell me about your history in the ANBU and why you chose this branch.

A seemingly harmless question was compressed by tangible tension.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
561 words
|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
c92c1aedb045b7239b7408fe667a48cd5fc9951e_hq.gif

Rank ANBU Co-Leader
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedWiPMood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Fuu did as he was asked: he took a seat.

Sitting perfectly upright, feet flat on the floor and hands on his legs, Fuu waited until he was further addressed. He noted the folder, but said nothing. It was not his place to question his superiors.

He knew of the man before him, but did not know him. Now he did. Tenken was his name, but that hardly mattered to the vigilant operative. His intention was to review the list of agents in the employ of Sunagakure. They had to pick up where Mikaboshi left off. That implied a lot of meeting and greeting, apparently.

Fuu’s work was the same, irrespective of who ordered it. He didn’t care who called the shots. He would follow orders to a T, whatever they were. That’s why he was here, after all. Tenken’s first order was for Fuu to tell of his origins in the branch. His history, and why he’d chosen this path. Fuu would not hesitate.

”I didn’t choose this branch,” he began. ”It chose me.” Reaching deep into the recesses of his memory, Fuu recalled his former self.

”Mikaboshi found me. It was...” he seemed to be thinking, hard, ”...about 10 years ago. Just after my Chuunin Exams. I must have stood out, because he came to me. He offered me a position — said I was made of the right material — and I accepted. The rest is history.”

Short, sweet, and to the point. All of it true; completely, utterly, true. The records would indicate as such, probably placed there by Mikaboshi himself. Fuu was as straight-laced as an ANBU could be: no deviance from normality, no out-of-place issues, and certainly no un-included details.

Fuu waited for further questions. He was still, and patient. It was unbecoming to rush one’s superiors.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 1: 'Fuu'| Flashback Side Story said:

"Ah, Mikaboshi, the former leader of this Branch, a former Sennin of this village."

During this timeframe, the former Sennin had seemingly gone made and attempted to attack, or worse murder, the Kazekage of the time, Steward Takahashi Sousuke. His crime was not hidden but it was not uncovered, at least in the sense that anyone really looked into it. You would have thought an explosion at the home of the village leader would have been taken seriously, but for Roku it was just another example of how degraded the shinobi force in the village had become. It was the driving force behind Tenken's ability to make the changes and arrange the meetings with such ease. The higher ups of the village wanted this, the transition from Mikaboshi to anyone else, handled swiftly. Tenken, more so the one behind his mask, Roku, had been awaiting this day, not necessarily for a meeting with the ANBU Fuu, but the time to weed out Mikaboshi, for quite some time.

"I, much like yourself, was brought into this Branch during the height of Mikaboshi's time. Aside from the moments, the people, that piqued his interest, his slow withdrawal from our operations, from the inner workings of this Branch, seemed inevitable."

It was true, during the height of his time in the early days of his Kasha persona, Mikaboshi had seemingly become a paper leader to the branch. He did not provide guidance, he did not assign tasks or missions, and unlike in the past, he even seemed to be less noticeable within the confines of the Obsidian Palace and the headquarters of the ANBU. He was a hard person to find, but even as such his presence lessening was still easy to notice, especially for a former ANBU that was going under the codename Titan, who had been keeping a cautious eye on the figure he had looked up to for so long. The relationship between Titan and Mikaboshi was an odd one, one that would only be made odder and more strained by each new iteration of the masked persona of Roku. Titan to Kasha, Kasha to Tenken, Tenken to whatever was eventually next, each one seemed to hold Mikaboshi in a different light. Most were not good, however.

"And yet still, it was perplexing, to myself and many of the higher ups of the village, as to why the figure who once held a position of authority within this village would just seemingly throw it away. Not even really a resignation, with how swiftly it was handled, and with the force behind it moving as quickly to remove the name Mikaboshi from all activity... it was as if this was less a resignation and more a firing. Even more curious, days before the ultimate decision that Mikaboshi would be no more and two new ANBU Sennin would be promoted, myself and Reaper, there was an explosion at the home of the Kazekage and fires within the residential district. The last bit of curious information, an alleged confrontation between the former Sennin and the Steward-Kazekage. A strange string of coincidences that seemed to happen in succession and within a windfall of seemingly the same week. Yet, Main Branch police never investigated further and the ANBU, in disarray, never had a chance to really look into the matter. Except for one."

He would then open the folder and begin to flip through, but his eyes and frozen expression of his mask would remain on Fuu.

"You said he chose you, I would like for you to elaborate on that first encounter."

The flipping through the folder would continue until the last page was exposed and flipped, effectively shutting the document once more.

"Because throughout the entirety of your folder there is no listing of your encounter or recruitment by Mikaboshi. There is your service history, but there is no evaluation on why you were chosen, when you were scouted, why you were scouted and what that initial conversation went like."

Tenken would then place his left hand upon the top of the document.

"So, even if it might seem tedious, indulge me in the tale of Mikaboshi approaching you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
546 words
|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
c92c1aedb045b7239b7408fe667a48cd5fc9951e_hq.gif

Rank ANBU Co-Leader
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400