Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Genjutsu 101 [Tutor]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to sit silently on the edge of the steps that lead to the dojo of the Uchiha clan household, he once again found himself spending time inside of the clan house as he pondered over the questions that he would be asking as he leaned against the steps he allowed himself to think for a few minutes about what he would be saying to his student once things got heated up though he needed to make sure that he allowed himself to be prepared since their last tutoring session Takeshi had become slightly more confident that Yukio was now back on the right track of learning.

Takeshi allowed himself to sit there and watch the birds in the garden, though they were eating the bread that had been laid down today he allowed himself to smile slightly as he watch their peaceful nature that they were contempt with. It was clear that they had no issues with the worlds and that was a state that even the head of the Uchiha clan longed for in that split second. Though he wanted to make sure that Yukio understood why he tried to teach him about Genjutsu and that was the point of this lesson once more, he needed to study and know more about Genjutsu.

Takeshi allowed himself to lean against the steps as he relaxed back in the position he was in, though he knew full well that he was going to have a rough day with Yukio as the kid knew little about the potential of Genjutsu and he was going to make sure that he learned the secrets to it before the end of this session was over and wanted to drive him to study harder on this subject as he allowed himself to lean back slowly and get the work started as soon as Yukio arrived.

[WC:312]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking towards the Uchiha household dojo Yukio moved to allow his steps to remain silent, the sound of the birds and the peaceful nature of the place was something he did not wish to disturbed let alone disrupt and as time passed the Hyuuga had come to appreciate such things as a rarity in the rather hectic life of the ANBU Shinobi within the leaf village. Standing before Takeshi it could be noted his eyes were closed for that moment letting his senses enjoy the scene before they opened looking to his teacher followed by a respectful bow of his head in greeting.

"A pleasure once again sensei, I can say you have chosen quite the place for todays lesson. The longer I love here the more I find myself wondering how the rest of the village can't be as peaceful as this place."

His voice was calm and collected, in recent days he'd slowly managed to return to his more natural way of thinking approaching things with a cool head and never rushing into decisions or action without proper thought about those around him as well as himself. Todays lesson however would put that to the test. Ever since his confrontation with Takeshi the Hyuuga had never been able to handle the thought of Genjutsu the same as he had before.

Mentioning such things would cause his body to tense disrupting the calm atmosphere that usually accompanied him as the memories of that moment would return, more often than not in times spent alone reading or after extensive days of training. Rarely did such things occur in front of others thought the keen eye would see the signs and hints that something about the subject bothered him more than it really should the helpless feeling Genjutsu forced on the unwilling being one Yukio did not appreciate.

[WC: 307]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi smiled as he looked over at Yukio as the man approached Takeshi offered him a seat on the steps instead of having him go inside of the Dojo this allowed the Uchiha to have a conversation outside of their normal environment. He leaned back on the steps as he looked up at the sky deciding to address this issue instead of having it an ongoing thing, he decided to see if Yukio had been taking his words in or even if he had been studying like he agreed to do earlier in the weeks that had passed, at their last tutor session it was decided they would be looking over at the options of Genjutsu.

“So, after reading the books and having a study of the material I gave you to work with, what have you managed to learn about Genjutsu. And how will it benefit you I want to see if you even payed attention to anything I said or just skipped it off. After our last meeting it seemed that your weak point was on the Genjutsu side of things and that much became apparent to me. So, tell me what is it you actually took away from last time and what will it do to help improve you from this point forward?”

Takeshi allowed himself to wait for a response from Yukio, he wanted to see what ground work the Hyuuga had put in before he begun to do any work himself. After all the point of this was for Yukio to learn some of it himself, and not just allow Takeshi to teach him everything from scratch it would be a two-way teaching session and Takeshi was going to start directly. The question here was had Yukio gone away and studied the work that he had been told to do or just ignored it.

[TWC: 622/1,500]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taking a seat beside Takeshi it was true he'd been asked to learn about Genjutsu and for all the subject was something of tension for him he'd still committed to learning all he could, at the end of the day it was one of his greatest weaknesses. The thought of having his senses overwritten with lies and illusions would be enough to make anyone uncomfortable but the thought of having his eyes being used against him was enough to make him tremble in that moment. Safe to say he'd been pulling late nights to track its strengths and weaknesses so he wouldn't be caught out in future.

"Yes I did my fair share of reading and then some, making my way to the library on most of my free days to ensure I knew as much as I could about what I consider my weakness. It takes over the senses, turns them against you and plays tricks on the mind. You question what is real and what is not. Though I don't truly know how to defend against it, awareness helps to some extent but that won't always work. Sometimes help from the outside can do it as well but same as before if no one is there and you are alone you cannot stop it"

A sign of defeat escaped the Hyuuga it seemed that, rather out of nature, he was out of ideas and somewhat deflated thinking about it, though this did not mean he didn't show interest in expanding his knowledge the fact of the matter was he was talking to Takeshi Uchiha and considering he'd never been let down by him before he wasn't expecting that to start now tilting his head to face Takeshi.

"I can assume you have some input on this? or something to get my feet off the ground."

[WT: 614]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi kicked back and listened to the words that were being spoken by his student as he pondered the questions that had come up though he allowed himself to just enjoy the moment without getting involved in it to much. Takeshi turned his attention back to Yukio when his student begun to speak though he wondered how long it would take for him to truly understand what happened to him during there fight. It was clear that they still had a lot to cover and Takeshi was running out of time these days, something he still regretted every second as he pondered his words.

“That is the issue, there is not an easy answer to that question if I am being honest with you, there is no right or wrong way to say that you have been locked under Genjutsu, some people will know and some of them are a lot less subtle than you would imagen. What happened to you it felt like real time, it’s a simple trick that the Uchiha use, see there is a way that our Genjutsu is cast now a lot of people will be obvious about it, but there are some much more subtler ways that people have used.”

Takeshi pondered how much he would overload with information on his student, though he knew that he was probably paying attention as this information had already cost him one fight and he doubted he would be willing to lose another so quickly after it happened already. Takeshi allowed himself to smile towards his student as he decided to give some secrets out that he would share to help Yukio in the future.

“Uchiha cast Genjutsu threw looking at their opponent there are some that do it threw noise, and some people that do it the old fashioned way of threw hand signs there are multiple ways to cast it the trick is to know when you are under it.”

[TWC: 947]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Bringing his hand to his chin he pondered for a moment, Genjutsu was certainly an interesting concept able to be cast through multiple means and in the end sometimes you couldn't truly understand when or how genjutsu was being placed on you. With that he nodded to himself as he looked at Takeshi once more smiling in return. "So in the end it's going to be a matter of beating them down before they can even use genjutsu in the first place to make life easier, rather than risk it being used on you at all. To put it in simpler terms stop it before it begins."

It was a blunt way to put it non could deny but the first and most simple method that came to the Hyuuga's mind, though one question remained for him and it was one that could give him a possible edge if it turned out they could give him some form of advantage. "Tell me with the almost all seeing eyes that I had would it be possible to use them to turn the tide, the more I focus the more obvious hidden jutsu become though I can understand if I should try and learn to not depend on such powers."

It was true in recent times he'd learned to fall back on his eyes if things started going south and the amount they drained him in recent times meant he should have had alternate means of combat to make it so he didn't have to waste so much Chakra trying to maintain the focus they required to be truly effective in the field. "I understand there are not many alternate methods bar the direct one, and as blunt as it may be it could be the most effective one that wouldn't be a drain on my system"

[WT: 919]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to ponder as he decided to try and allow his wording to wrap his mind around the way that Yukio was approaching this, he knew there was still a lot of work that needed to be done, and he needed to make sure that Yukio completely understood what he was getting across to him, he didn’t want to allow it to just end on the bad note or the uncertain it was clear that Yukio still had work to do but he would make sure that he at least understood where the Uchiha was coming from in this matter.

“Its not that simple, the trick is to make sure that you do not get caught in it in the first place, now that is the harder part to say the very least, I know full well that you have a lot of experience with Genjutsu but you need to be aware, the slightest look and you could be under without even realising and that would mean the end of the fight.”

Takeshi pondered on how else to word this, he knew full well that right now Yukio was still learning and had a lot of the ropes to understand, Takeshi was trying to help him to the best of his abilities, but they were limited right now and even with Yukio full attention Takeshi knew it was hard to explain what to look out for but wondered how much of this Yukio was ever understanding”

“You know that right now you need to have the ability to determine reality from dream, even some of the suggestions that Genjutsu can lead to you need to make sure that you are doing things on your own free will. And that you are not just going to fall into what someone wants you to do, sometime the line can become blurred in a second but the difficult part now that is realising that it has happened.”

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukio nodded in understanding of the situation, there's wasn't and most likely never would be a way to stop Genjutsu completely only pick up the pieces should anyone be unluckly enough to come under it's influence. That made things complicated and at the end of the day it would come down to stopping it before it started or simply avoiding the conflict all together though as he thought about this it only caused more questions to pour into his mind. if he couldn't stop it why not learn it though the big question was would such a jutsu set fit into his fighting style of close quarters combat.

"I have many jutsu at my disposal and more than a few ways to prevent people from making me the target of their Genjutsu however would it benefit me at all to learn some for myself. I've always heard the phrase if you can't beat them join them however that will not always hold true especially if it simply causes conflict in the way I fight."

it was true he was more than willing to lean numerous forms of jutsu and combat styles to make himself as strong as he needed to be in order to protect his new found students and the village as a whole. But the question still remained could he learn it all while trying to learn so much Tai and Nin jutsu at the same time.

"I do understand I shouldn't overload myself such a thing can lead down the wrong road and probably put me in a place I do not wish to be in, and quite quickly at that but if It worked it could give me so many more options during combat than simply nin and Tai jutsu but then again my clans blood isn't really tailored to such things."

[WT: 1225]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to sigh as he stood up from the seat that he had taken the night was coming in Takeshi allowed himself to glance over to his student as he pondered a proper reply to him, knowing full well that at the moment he was letting himself get trapped into Genjutsu easily, this would be something that experience and time would be willing to change, though how much of this was something that he had to do and learn form would be something completely different in the words of the Uchiha, he had his own opinion on the progression that Yukio was making and how he was getting his work done.

“Look at the end of the day you will gain experience against Genjutsu, it will not be easy and it will not be over quickly, but with training and you actually giving yourself the drive to improve you will start to figure out a few tale signs that you are under the influence of a user’s Genjutsu though I cannot say what they are or even how they will effect you the only thing I can promise you is that you will soon enough find out what you are looking for. Trust me I learned to look out for Genjutsu the same painful way that you did and right now I am completely aware that this is the same way that you will figure it out. It just takes time, but for now my student that is all I have time for today, think about this conversation and consider everything that I have said.”

Takeshi allowed himself to smile at Yukio this was the normal sign that the two of them had come to the end of the day, and that they had finally had come to the end of this tutoring session though both Takeshi and Yukio knew it would not be the last one they did.

[TWC: 1,500+]
[OOC: Rewards request has been submitted]
[Topic Left]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A smile in return showed he understood, the unspoken words between them to signal Tutors end had truly become habit between them and in the end it was something he appreciated greatly as it showed the trust between them had held strong even after everything that had happened over the last few months as he stood moving away to his area of the household once more. It was true he had a long way to go and would have to work much harder to achieve the power he wanted and it was time he was willing to give so his goal could be achieved.

Entering the home he immediately grabbed his combat gloves setting up a training dummy and continuing the process of practicing the basic Taijutsu forms he'd learned so long ago but paused tilting his head back to the newly created Scythe he'd made picking it up and giving it a few spins in his hand before turning on his heels and slicing the dummy in half. If he couldn't master the art of Genjutsu then there was always another option, counter it using everything in his power to ensure it would never come to pass.

"If I can't stop Genjutsu then I'll simply master multiple forms of Taijutsu, the common conception of a Hyuuga is unarmed Tai and ill change that here and now to make sure I won't be the only one caught by surprise in the next encounter."

Tightening his grip around the Scythe he had a new objective in mind, if he was too weak now then he would become strong surpassing what he was now by leaps and bounds until he could give a worthy challenger to his teacher create a student he could come to respect as an equal

[WT: 1500+ Tutor complete]
[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back