Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Gimme Da Spice! (Private)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki takes a look around the city. He didn’t know it’s name, and it was by no means able to compare to Konohakure, but it was much, much more than a village. Had to have at least a few thousand people in the downtown area alone. But right now he was interested in the bar ahead of him, a seedy an run down thing that had a notice of condemnation on the front window.

It was a good spot. The place was absolutely packed. And even better, it had no cameras. Now, the place next door had plenty, and was quiet and more….upscale. Maki heads for the former building first, however. He had things to do. As soon as he enters the bar, he heads for the bathroom in the back. Maki steps in and looks through it, making sure he’s alone. With a check to verify, he looks into the mirror and begins to form handseals. His form begins to shift slightly before a cloud of smoke envelopes him and covers all sight.

The bathroom fan disperses it quickly enough, revealing an altered image in the mirror now. He’d lost an inch in height, and quite a bit more in weight. His hair, that black-brown affair that was kept so short, was now silvery, and his ever-changing eyes had settled on an amethyst coloring. His red and black outfit had also changed, the jacket, pants, shirt and armoring replaced with a black and gray robe with silver trim and a red toga draped on him. He had black pants and combat boots, and as he opened the robe slightly it revealed the crimson tattoo on his chest of a sword stabbed into a bleeding tree.

The spitting image of Senju Kazuki. Member of a clan from Leaf itself, Sennin of Sunagakure. Stamper of the letter in his pocket. And the guy who threatened to have him arrested and punished for whatever happened to him that night so long ago. He’d not heard of himself hurting anyone, so the man’s thread was definitely uncalled for.

Even his weapons had changed, he noted as he went to leave. The katana was now shaped like a more normal longsword, and the other weapon took on the guise of a hunting rifle. Fun since both looked like normal katana before this.

With a whistling tune coming to the air, Maki steps out of the restroom and makes his way out of the bar. He wanted to be on camera for the next bit. His eyes catch the name of the next building as he goes into it. Super Sentai Steak And Ramen House. No guards, but a sign on the door stated it was being recorded via CCTV. He quickly noted the cameras, most aimed at the registers and some at the tables. None at the entrance, oddly. He smiles and makes his way to the bar, taking a seat.

Uchiha Arata

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fourteen year old brought the glass of juice to his mouth as he intook a mouthful of it before swallowing and setting the glass down upon the counter. However he wouldn't be able to take another sip as a newcomer came and sat down next to him and in the process hit his arm, causing him to knock his drink over and spill it all over the man that came and sat by him! Ryuuichi was infuriated. Money didn't grow on trees. He quickly turned and looked at the man who was now covered in the remainder of his juice. "You there.. you made me spill my juice.. nobody makes me spill my own juice, nobody! Pay for my drink! Ryuuichi glared at the man for a moment before hearing two words. 'Bugger off' Oh, that's it.

Ryuuichi stood up as the man next to him grabbed his shoulder and spoke to him. "Settle down son, it's not worth it." The man couldn't finish his sentence as Ryuuichi socked him. His fist struck his shrek and sent him into somebody else who got knocked into another person. In the end everybody got angry at each other and began hitting each other in a chain reaction. This is what's called a bar fight. Despite being the tender age of fourteen Ryuuichi was much stronger than any normal man. With that done, Ryuu turned his head to the man that entered just recently and was sitting on the other side of him. "Either buy me a new juice or you'll end up like the other guy who was next to me."

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi stopped in his tracks as he watched what had just occurred in front of him, then in a split second his heart sank as he saw the face of the man, ignoring the small boy that was there. It was a blast from the past, something that he could have not even expected in his wildest dreams. Suddenly dread turned into his stomach.

Does he know about me, what I did, I didn’t want to find Senju like this? Ugh this might not go the way I wanted it to.

Takeshi approached listening to the boy screaming and complaining about some spilt juice, he frowned slightly at the threat that was given, knowing full well that he really didn’t want to be in this situation. Sand had no reason to fight with Leaf and the other way around was true, this situation could turn nasty in the blink of an eye. Takeshi decided to speak to make sure he was breaking the tension in the air.

“Senju Kazuki, it has been to long Sennin. Last time I saw you was after the war, I apologize for not meeting up sooner”

He bowed slightly to the Sennin, missing the familiar face of his old teacher. It had been a while since the two of them had met and now here they were in the middle of the opening. Takeshi looked towards the small kid in his eyes that had tried to start an argument up. His eyes pierced into the soul of the boy in a few seconds.

“You shouldn’t start a fight you cannot win, that wouldn’t be productive, but now I have to wonder why you are roaming around out here. What is your reason?”

His voice cold and dark as ice, threatening almost of course he would respect a Sennin from another land that was here, especially one that had trained him and made him into the man he was today. They had a bond hat was rarely broken even over time.

[OOC: Not checking on the transformation at all, he is allowed to enter the fight maintain it no suspicion raised. ]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
And then some squirt bumps into him.

It was going so well. Maki was sitting there, ordered a drink, and got bumped into. He was about to turn and give a gruff “watch it” but noticed the person who bumped into him was, obviously, a child. Maki looks down as he realizes he was now covered in juice. He looks back up at the kid with one eyebrow raised. The kid then demanded he pay for the drink.

”Fuck off.”

It was a natural response to such a situation. Not natural was watching a kid spin on the guy trying to talk sense into him and knock him flat, then threaten the man before him once more. That did it. Maki rises up, hand reaching for the sword at his side. And then another voice came out.

He looks over his shoulder as another person walks up, speaking to him and calling him by name. Kazuki’s name. Well la-dee-friggin-da. He ran into someone who knew Kazuki, and apparently did so so well that he felt it safe to talk to them as a buddy. As he begins to speak also to the boy, Maki decides the talking had gotten bad enough.

”Fuck this.”

With those words he kicks his barstool away and suddenly most of the patrons clear out realizing what was going on.

(Calling BMOD. If Takeshi and Ryuuichi agree to it I will be keeping the transformation active throughout the fight.)

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
n0xElVU.gif

I am the terror that flaps in the night...

I mean, hello, I shall be modding this fight. Couple of things needed and some reminders;

• 1. Please send me a PM with all of your fight/bio/dojo related information; Stats, custom class, abilities, jutsu, inventory (listing what is in your slots for this fight), if you are carrying weapons give me their information, if you are rocking a kinjutsu, CA and/or BL please provide me the information you have on those (listing what passives, moves, and jutsu you have for those)
    2. In a separate PM send me your actions for the round
    3. Please link all of the actions you are using to make the mod go smoother/more efficient
    4. Please list what rank your technique is that you are using otherwise they will be considered Rank 1
    5. Please mention all maintains in your PMs otherwise they will be considered dropped
    6. The deadline is 48 hours, unless all parties agree to something different and communicate it with me, to submit actions from the time the mod goes up (failure to do so places you in defensive stance for the round and drops maintains)
    7. If there are any issues in the mod, please contact me either through PM or Discord (Mr. Six) and corrections and/or clarifications will be made in a timely manner!

I think that just about wraps it up, so let's get dangerous!

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi watched the whole situation explode in what could have been a fraction of a second for all he cared. It was at that moment he realised right now that he probably found himself in a bad situation. But as people left he walked to the bar and got himself a drink, hell a drink could help in these situations. Taking the kicked bar stool, he placed it in front of the bar and sat down enjoying his drink.

“Just try not to destroy to many things when you two go at it please”

His voice calm and collected as he let the two of them go at each other, deciding to stay out of the fight and not find himself dragged into another situation he didn’t want to be in. Allowing himself a few whistles to come out of his mouth he looked at the two with interest to see how this would go.

[Actions Sent]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fair Warning: Grace Period for all actions to be submitted will end on Wednesday August 2nd 3:04pm site time. At this time anyone without actions submitted will be modded as in defensive stance.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]
Maki
HP: 34,800 - 606 = 34,194
CP: 34,200 - 3850 - 3030 - 3030 = 24,290
AP: 10 - 9 = 1
AP Next Round: 10 (+1)
Maintaining:​
Takeshi
HP: 38,400
CP: 38,400 - 1075 = 37325
AP: 10 - 2.5 = 7.5
AP Next Round: 10 (+1)
|
ngIbLjF.gif

Round 1!

0.00s - Takeshi activates Rank 3 Sharingan (used through Initiative)
0.84s - Ryuuichi enters Defensive Stance
2.00s - Takeshi creates 3 clones
----Maki is aware of the real Takeshi
----Ryuuichi is aware of the real Takeshi
3.00s - Maki uses Perfected Odama Rasengan - Master Rank against Ryuuichi
----Hit (100%)
----Chance to cause NE Effect (Success: jutsu's damage by +10%)
3.00s Maki instantly follows up with Stardust Nova - Master Rank against Ryuuichi
----Hit (100%) x10 (by the 4th hit Ryuuichi is KO'd)
----Chance to cause NE Effect (Success: jutsu's damage by +10%) x6
6.00s Maki uses Gate of Enma - Master Rank against Ryuuichi
----Hit (100%)
----Chance to cause NE Effect (Success: jutsu's damage by +10%)
Ryuuichi has exceeded -100% Max HP and is now considered Dead
----------------------------------------------------------------
Helpful Stuff now that this has come to an end:
Rules of Engagement Page
OCR for the dead
Specifically OCR Rulez
Barring anything different in terms of a complaint, review or question, I thank you gents for the practice and bid you adieu!

|
Ryuuichi
HP: 9,450 - 7425 - 8800 - 5324 = -12,099
CP: 7,700
AP: 6 - .5 = 5.5
AP Next Round: 0
[/col3]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
While the potential interloper takes a seat to watch, Maki watches himself as the kid takes up a defensive posture. Then clones appear, but neither he nor the child seem to take much notice, though he could tell them apart rather easily. Instead he would…simply vanish from sight. And reappear behind Ryuuichi. In one hand was a pulsating ball of whirling energy giving off bolts of raw power. And it was this that he pressed into the kid’s back as he stepped forward. Even before the child could begin to fly forward from the force of that, a rift in the world opens before them and multiple projectile fly from it, slamming into the kid’s form to send him flying, unconscious now, back into the hands of his assailtant.

Another rift opens between them. Hands of pure evil reach out and through it, tearing at the child before him. Maki quickly steps around as the body expires, watching as the spirit begins to flee the child’s form. He reaches out to grasp it, his hand closing on the incorporeal form as if it were as solid as flesh.

”It’s not gonna be that easy to escape from me you little shit.”

Energy spread from his form. The rift before them began to close, dragging the corpse of the child into hell itself. But the soul was his. The power spreads from his arm up into the soul he held, enveloping it. And it begins to shrink. It was soundless, and it was not slow. Over the course of the next few heartbeats, the luminous being would struggle, would try to escape, and would fail to do so as Maki absorbs it into his own being to join the others held in his possession there. His green eyes, now a bright emerald green, were full of delightful victory as the thing faded into nothing and joined the amalgamation.

He turns to look at Takeshi, eyes returned to normal. The face before him was not familiar, but Takeshi knew Kazuki, which meant this disguise wasn’t going to work for long. Instead of trying, the air is filled with smoke, and as it clears, Maki stood there in his true form, still frowning. ”Self defense. Before you ask. How do you know the man who sent me here?”

(Soul get!)

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi witnessed the fight ending in seconds after it started, it seemed that the man had gone a bit overboard on his killing prowess. Now with this leaf Gennin dead and on his way to hell he knew it was a bit more of an awkward situation. That was when the cloud of smoke happened and a new face stood before him. One that he did not recognize to say the least. His spine came straight in an instant, but he didn’t move from his seat at the bar, instead casually turning to the bar keeper and throwing some yen over the counter.

“I’ll take another drink, get this guy whatever he wants please”

Takeshi allowed himself to lift the bottle of liquid to his lips before taking a gulp. Things had changed in a split second but he would remain calm as always, he wondered how this conversation was about to go. As he put the bottle back down onto the counter he pondered for a second before turning to the new man.

“Well let’s start with the formal I guess, name is Uchiha Takeshi. Been around the block long enough to know someone who is deadly. You got a name?”

He allowed his question to sink in for a few seconds before pondering the next words. He decided to be out and open probably was the best policy in this situation right now. He knew that the man probably could see threw anything faked.

“Senju Kazuki was my teacher, when he was still leaf sennin. I have not seen the man in a few years, ever since I went missing and came back. Long story really, but I was hoping to see if he was alive still”

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Takeshi’s spine straightens, Maki prepares to repeat his earlier endeavors. Instead, the man turns and tells the barkeep to get him a drink. After looking at the green haired shinobi for a moment, Maki nods and takes a seat near him. ”Scotch, neat.” He waits as the drink is slid his way, and takes it down in a leisurely pull. It hit his gut like a punch, but he was used to things like that and soon it helped him relax from the post fight stress a bit.

”A pleasure, Uchiha Takeshi. I am…” Maki frowns slightly. So far, this one hadn’t threatened him, hadn’t insulted him, hadn’t done anything towards him to warrant distrust. In fact, he bought him a drink after supposedly accepting his statement of defense. ”I am Tonkon Maki. Leaf trained until the Daimyo took over." Takeshi didn’t seem the sort to freak out, or run off and do something stupid, so Maki was trusting him here. As Takeshi explained how he knew Kazuki, Maki nods. It fit his idea of Kazuki having been from here, and a former Sennin no less.

”Well, he’s alive.” As his glass is refilled, Maki downs it once more. ”He’s a Sennin in Sunagakure now. Sent me on a mission here to verify if Konoha was once more a shinobi village. Apparently my word wasn’t good enough. Uh….he doesn’t know my name though. Might be best, matter of fact, if no one else does for a bit. I’m not sure who I can trust in my own homeland anymore, and there’s far too many unknown faces around here for me to be too comfortable.”

Maki slides the glass across the bar to the bartender and turns on his stool to take in the man before him. ”Don’t suppose you’d be willing to run by Sand with me so I can get paid?”

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi listened to the words of Maki, smiling as he shared information back and forth. This was the way of the world, to find out information you must give some. It was something that he had to remember and of course for now he knew that this conversation was something to take seriously. But also just meeting the man he wanted to enjoy the drinks and take in the words. Turning his glass slowly he nodded as the man finished speaking.

“That offer sounds nice, I would love to come to sand. However, at the moment leaf is in a bit of a situation, I have to priorities the village first.”

Glancing over to Maki he smiled for a second before turning his head back to the bar tender who seemed to still be getting over the shock of what had happened inside his own establishment. Of course, though he could still do his job.

“Just hand us the bottles of scotch and the bottle of whiskey”

His voice calm as ever as he allowed the man to grab them and place them in front of the two Shinobi. Takeshi taking the bottle to refill his glass as he put the bottle back in front of him and took a gulp of the glass, he pondered for a few seconds. With everything that had happened in leaf it was clear that they could use help. His eyes turning to Maki as he wanted to ask a second question.

“What name does everyone know you by Maki, at least that way I can address you in front of others without giving your real name away”

He wanted to get the recent events of his chest, but knew Maki probably wouldn’t want to bother with hearing the sorrow of another Shinobi so instead he would ask the direct question, wanting an answer from the man.

“I tell you what, you help me for a bit, I have to clear a few things up inside the Village, and we need some help with missions these days, money would be good of course. Once I have sorted out what is here, we can then head to Sand together. It would be mutually beneficial for both of us, plus you can see leaf for what it is now. Maybe even speak to the Hokage?”

His voice calculating as he wondered how Maki would take the offer, of course working with leaf would help Maki earn some cash, but would he be willing was the main question.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He nods at the mention of priorities. Maki was beginning to wonder where his own lie. He’d come here for money. He killed a kid for spilling a drink on him then threatening him and attacking someone. Before this, he got drunk as hell at a casino and woke up naked in a Sennin’s office back in Sand. His compass, apparently, was just spinning in circles. He had a plan before, always. Get into the Academy. Become a Shinobi. Become a Mednin. Stay alive and help bring Konoha back. Help the people recover after the Daimyo died. Hunt down the man who knew the truth about him. Hunt down his…brother, for his soul back. But then it went to hell on him. He had no idea what he was doing now.

The bartender hands over a bottle of scotch and Maki tips the cap off and takes a swig right from the bottle. ”Isaki Tsukiakari is what I’ve been telling people. Don’t want to get in trouble and have it come back to bite people who don’t even remember me around here.” Another swig from the bottle, then he frowns and follows it up with a much longer one. Scotch wasn’t meant to be treated this way, but then again Maki was noticing that he wasn’t really feeling the alcohol like he should. The shot, then two swigs and that gulp should have done something, but so far he felt fine.

”What kind of help does Konoha need now?” He turns slightly to give a critical look to Takeshi. ”I was raised in that place back when Kami Corp owned everything. I can tell, you it needed a lot of help then. The guy in charge wasn’t well suited for the job, and nepotism was, indeed, a bitch. I hope things have been better since the Daimyo got ousted.”

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi sat on his stood as he listened to the more world experienced man he heard from the voice that the man had gone through a lot, then paused when he heard the final part. Unsure of how to react or what to do, it was clear this man was around when he was. That much could be told from what he was talking about, unsure of how to reply Takeshi once more let his gut do the deciding as he took a swig from the glass pouring another one. It seemed truth was working so he would keep it up.

“Ah Kami, I remember that fellow, another one of my teachers. It has been a while since I have even seen him. Have you heard anything about the former Hokage?”

His voice cold as he spoke deciding to choose the next words carefully, with stuff happening fast in the village he wanted to get the facts across without the lies, rumours or anything else that Maki could hear upon entering the village. Sighing to himself he put down the glass and poured himself another one, his mind racing to word it properly.

“Well I shall tell you my predicament, and how leaf is expanding. Your decision is yours, but someone with your skills. Strength and abilities would be useful in the village to say the least Maki.”

Sighing he took a deep gulp from his drink before he decided to speak about the branch first, then he would talk about himself of course he knew that if this conversation was seen by others it might go down as well as the titanic did. He smiled to himself as he looked back to his new drinking companion.

“We have a dead Sennin, one that is hunting down and persecuting those with my abilities, students coming up for exams. Missions have all but stopped, it seems that while leaf is coming back to power. It needs the help, and the support to see everyone to task, almost a task master in this roll to make sure the work load is completed in time.”

He sighed taking a deep drink in, it hasn’t been that long now since Hakuren’s death had been announced and a shock, but only the ANBU knew about it, was telling Maki a stranger the right move to do in this moment. That would be figured out later.

“As for me, I am demoted, resigned my commission as ANBU and am back to teaching the students. I have done this since my return from missing. This is probably how it feels when you are bent and broken, when your dignity is stolen……”

Takeshi looked over to Maki for a few seconds, knowing the man already possessed something that would be considered dark, he pondered his words for a few seconds before turning to face Maki.

“I will show you my dark secret if you show me yours…”

The offer was probably refused but he wanted to see how he was judged by someone else for what he could do. So far it had been an interesting experience but trust was a two-way thing. And he had opened about leaf to Maki as they rank together. Taking a sip from his drink he pondered how the man would respond.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
”Kami? No. And I can only hope I never do.” Maki resisted the urge to spit at the name. While the Daimyo was indeed the cause of their fleeing, Maki doubted he was alone in blaming the former Hokage for not being able to stop the invasion. He knew it was a petty response, but blaming the person in charge when things went to hell certainly helped matters. Sure, Kami wasn’t in charge when it began, but it was not long after his abdication. That kind of coincidence led some, Maki included, to believe he was in on it. If he ever met the former Hokage, he would have to give himself some soulfood.

Maki finished off his bottle as the other spoke of the issues in Leaf. Sounded like things right before the invasion almost. Not the exact sequence of events, but the general gone to hell mood of things. Then again, all he had to base it on was the word of a man who just said he’d been demoted. Who just watched him murder a kid. And who was now offering to show off some dark secrets. Maki thinks for a moment and decides he was trusting him already. Besides, in a Leaf Sennin was hunting down people with certain dark powers, he would likely be high up on that list when he visited.

Maki locates another bottle of scotch then makes sure no one is looking at them. It was behind the bar, across a space five feet wide, and a good ten feet total from him if he went with a direct line. Maki reaches out and bring it back to him. Without leaving his seat. Instead his arm extends, fibrous material showing as the skin splits and the appendage moves over, grasps the bottle, and contracts to pull it back. He takes the top off and motions to the barkeep to let him know he had it. The man looks confused, looking back at where it was, then at Maki, and mutters something about ‘damn ninja’ under his breath.

”Sounds like a place I could be of use. And if not, sounds like there’s money to be made. Let’s talk about this Sennin first off, though. I doubt my gift here will put me on his nice list. I want to know what I’m getting into, since if I have to defend myself against a Sennin, I don’t want the headlines to be “Foreign shinobi murders native leader – Is this an invasion!?” or something stupid like that.”

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi watched the man grab the bottle with ease he allowed a small smile onto his lips as he watched the man’s abilities. It was clear that he was also one of the few that considered learning a darker ability if it could be said. It was a unique talent to be sure but as always Takeshi wouldn’t press the matter he had seen all he had to right now. It was his turn to share his darker secret, as his hands came together a few minutes later what could be only described as a corpse stumbled through the door and into the bar before lumbering over to the two men and taking a seat next to Takeshi.

Takeshi pressed his hands together once more and the zombie began to change to reveal a female, though looking out of sorts. She sat there casually taking the glass from Takeshi and drinking from it.

“Sera meet Maki, Maki meet Sera.”

“Hello, I would say it’s a pleasure to meet you, but I normally only get to come out to fight, so I'm going to go and enjoy this drink.”

“See now you see my Dark ability we are equal on that information trade I do believe”

Takeshi now instead of taking the glass, refilled it for Sera and drank from the bottle, asking the bartender for another one. The alcohol was beginning to hit him, as he wavered slightly on the stool but let the feeling pass knowing full well it was just a trick of his body from not drinking in so long. Probably had something to do with the amount he was drinking not the time he had consumed the liquid in.

Staring at the bottle he decided it was best to answer Maki questions straight and direct. Side lining in this situation wasn’t going to help anything, especially in the situation that they were in, and what could be called a interesting predicament.

“Money is never an interest for me, I just want to do what is right by leaf. By the Hokage and by the students I teach. Stupid idea eh to try to live just to protect a village? But I came back and here I am protecting the village. The Sennin is named Yuuto, ANBU branch to be exact, came in from cloud is all I know. He acted against one other Sennin, then called me out for my actions and my abilities. Apparently wanting to keep them a secret any more is off the table, shame. I moved to the main branch to keep myself away from him and not to damage the ANBU branch. So here I am now teaching the students, and actually enjoying myself.”

Takeshi allowed himself to take another swig from the bottle as he let the pause fall through before Sera drew a sharp and annoyed breath in letting the glass hit the bar.

“He wanted answers that no-one should know, it was downright dirty and humiliating for all of us Takeshi”

“I am sorry for that Sera, truly I am. Just like me knowing your name Maki, I want this to be kept a secret. This information should not be leaked.”

His voice showed slightly warmth which was rare for the Uchiha as he turned to face Maki.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki took a drink and frowned at the bottle, realizing that even with this being the second one, he still wasn’t feeling anywhere near what he should. He sets the bottle down and leans back slightly as Takeshi begins to form seals for….something. Maki manages to not look surprised as a corpse comes in, a few people screaming and backing away from it. And before his eyes, the zombie began to change into a woman. And not a bad looking one at that.

As Takeshi introduces them, Maki tips his head slightly and grins as she mentions not getting out much and wanting to enjoy her drink. Maki slides the bottle of scotch her way as Takeshi takes his own bottle in hand. As the other speaks, he simply listens, his face growing darker as each word slides by. As the woman chastises Takeshi, the other man agrees and asks Maki the same Maki had asked of him earlier.

”Understood. I think we can keep each others secrets without issue. But back to Leaf. Someone from Cloud joined the village and murdered a Sennin? I was around when Leaf was restored. It hasn’t been so long that I’d think a Cloud shinobi could do that and not suffer some consequences.” His eyes were suddenly gold after a blink. ”And there seem to be none, else you wouldn’t have had to change branches to avoid him. How sure are you this isn’t an attempt by Cloud to subvert the village before it can regain the power it once had?”

His mind was whirling with ideas and thoughts. While they were his, they were also alien to him, as if he’d never had to think like this before. In fact, he hadn’t. A shinobi from cloud joined the village, killed a Sennin….and nothing apparently was happening? Something wasn’t right there. But, sadly, his only evidence to any of this was the word of the man before him. And while they were definitely trusting each other, Maki also knew that trust could be betrayed. Give with one hand, hide the dagger in the other.

Brown eyes rise to meet Takeshi’s. ”I think I’ll take you up on that offer. I’ve been contacted about a job in the area. Without a village to back me, I either do odd jobs, or I steal. I’d rather not do the latter if I don’t have to. Let me handle that, and I’ll meet you at the gates.”

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi looked at the man as his eyes changed, it startled him at firs to say the least but he paid it no attention for after that more intent on the words that he was being spoken. Listening to each one as the two of them shared a drink together. The conversation was nice and for a Rouge he wasn’t like they normally came, hot headed and unwilling to sit down and have a chat. As he allowed Sera to stay for the drink she seemed to be enjoying herself for once and it was nice to spend time with his souls outside of combat. Maki showed no sign of hate other than kindness.

“The offer is welcomed, though let’s finish these drinks first shall we Maki?”

“Don’t let them go to waste, besides this scotch is great”

Sera finished the sentence as she filled up her glass in a split second and handed the bottle back. As she allowed herself to take sips inspecting the man before trying to make small talk. Or in her case it always came out as blunt talk.

“Gotta ask, what got you that missing title, you must have done stuff bar just run from a village. I do always like the bad guy types”

Takeshi signed it seemed that Sera was still a light weight even with a broken body that should be able to handle the booze like a sailor out on shore leave. Waiting for Maki to reply he smiled slightly as he rubbed his chin as the last part came, the offer was accepted though Takeshi knew that with this came the responsibility to be upfront with the man. He looked directly at Maki.

“When we enter the village, shall we meet the Hokage. If you are here to work for the village, he should at least meet you and decided, I cannot hire of fire you. He is the one that will be doing the paying and thus his word is final. That is the life it has always been. Besides Umashi is a fair man, and all Ninja who went rouge from leaf back in the day have been granted immunity from then, maybe you fall under that bracket who knows”

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki made no move for more alcohol, in truth the lack of any effect on him was making him slightly angry. Drinking wasn’t something he did much of, but he did enjoy getting a decent lull off of things from it. And the events happening around him had him wanting one hell of a lull in activity lately. Instead he lets the zombie-woman-thing have her chance with the bottle and looks between the two as they keep talking.

”She can have the scotch. I don’t want to dull my senses too much before a mission.”

Maki pushes the bottle back her way and grins at the question. ”Actually, that is it. Daimyo invaded, I killed a few Samurai that I could and tried to get my mom out. They killed her and her husband. I’ve spent my time since then getting by and looking for answers on my talents. Found those in Moon, and that led me to Sand. Got to Sand and….I guess I ate something that didn’t agree with me. Kazuki found me in his office sleeping it off and gave me a job.” No need for them to know he’d woken up naked in said office, much to the surprise of both himself and the Sennin.

”Understood on the Hokage. I did return right after the Daimyo was driven out, and used my medical training to assist. But then I got a tip on things and that’s when I went to Moon. So hopefully it covers me still.”

”Tell me. Is this the same guy that took over after Kami?”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back