Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

His Majesty's Shinobi Service [PotK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Outskirts of Azusa Field
Border of Lightning and Bear Countries
…1500 hours

The field was like any other rolling sea of grass in the fertile foothills of Southern Lightning, where many population centers had risen over the centuries. Blessed with a temperate climate and adequate rainfall, the land was as good of a place to raise livestock as it was to farm, and thus highly desirable by any nation. The shinobi team was now on the extreme edge of Itou province, ruled by a Count Tatsumi, who was now suspected of selling his loyalty to the Kingdom next door for a sizeable amount. Of course, the land itself did not recognize the political boundaries drawn by men, nor who claimed ownership of its ancient soils, and thus went on existing as it always had. But to Masao, the illusory boundary between the two restive nations was actually quite important, and extremely relevant at this point.

The Sennin crouched in the grass, training his spyglass on a valley below where a plume of dust rose unnaturally from the otherwise undisturbed ground. What he saw through it made him frown, not so much because of what was disturbing the ground, but where the ground was being disturbed. He swore under his breath, handing the spyglass to his Spymaster.

“Bastards. The meeting’s going to be at least ten kilometers deep into Bear territory,” he growled to Do Natsu. “If something happens we’re definitely in breach of international law and we can’t claim we didn’t know we were intruding,” he said, shaking his head. He adjusted his headset to the correct frequency, connecting him with Takayama, the new ANBU Vice Commander, and a trusted friend. “Vice Commander, this is Takaki. What’s your status?”

A few seconds later, a voice came over the air.
000343960001.gif

“I read you loud and clear, Sennin. We’re on the other side of the valley, about fifteen klicks deep. We haven’t been sighted. Only a few two-man patrols of Hoshigakure forces, genin-rank at best. Mounted Bear Army cavalry riding along the paths, quite lazily I might add. We’ll be at striking distance of the meeting site within five minutes,” said Takayama Shimada, with his characteristic, comforting certainty.

“What’s your exfil plan?” asked Masao.

“Once the subjects are secured, we make a dash to tunnel X4-A5, and from there, to Raiden’s Eye,” said the Vice Commander, referencing one of the many transport tunnels through the hills that Cloud had bored during the Bear-Marsh War for quick access to the then-besieged Bear Country.

“Very good, Vice Commander. …Continue your advance and await my signal, then. Takaki over and out,” said Masao. He took a deep breath in. True to form, Takayama’s ANBU squad were even deeper than his own, and in fact were virtually on top of the meeting site already. That was business as usual for the Black Operatives, however. It made him proud that he was once a leader as well. Perhaps with Takayama’s expertise, the arrests and transports would go smoothly after all, and the services of the mednins would not be needed. That was the best possible scenario, after all. Masao turned to Natsu and the rest.

“Well, team, the ANBU squad is here ahead of time. If they can invade another country so smoothly, so can we. Let’s make our advance to the meeting site. We’ll set up about a hundred meters away. Watch out for patrolling Hoshigakure shinobi. Most of them are genin-rank equivalent, so they shouldn’t be able to detect us as long as we use the proper techniques,” he said, making sure his tricorner hat was fitted tightly. With that, he vanished into the grasses.
…1700 hours

The standards of the Serene Kingdom flapped briskly in the breeze atop the pikes they were mounted on. Depicting a red and blue bear superimposed on the image of the Ursa Minor constellation on a white field, the flag was relatively new, conceived of in the aftermath of the War. Previously, both Bear and its northern neighbor, Marsh, had shared a singular flag – a red and white rising sun. It was an old, hated emblem from a time long past, and both countries were glad to be rid of it.

The air was choked with dust raised by the presence of a hundred dismounted troops of the Royal Guard, each man outfitted with a gilded cuirass on top of a dress uniform, and outfitted with a pike, pistol bolter, and side sword. Their horses stirred nearby, adding to the dusty atmosphere. King Haninozuka Nikolai IV stood at the head of the troop column, grimacing and trying to keep the particle from irritating his eyes and throat. An imposing man, he had a classically handsome square face lined with goatee and long, flowing hair. He was dressed in a flowing greatcoat entirely made of expensive mink fur, and underneath wore an expensive tunic of silk and brocade.

LJXACNs.png
“Damn this noxious dust. I want this godrotting meeting done with as quickly as possible. And I need a bath,” said the man, scowling at the approaching party of Lightning Country nobility, also flanked by their own albeit smaller entourages.

? ? ?
“My Lord, the speed of this meeting depends on you,” said a woman next to the King, earning a scowl from the man.

“Of course it does. I am after all, King. Very well, let’s see how greedy these worms are,” he said, sighing as he approached a table in the center of the meeting field.

The three Lightning Country nobles in question were there in the flesh, as confirmed by Masao’s spyglass. The Sennin knelt in the nearby grass behind a copse of shrubbery, gritting his teeth. It was hard to hear in the wind, but sound did get through.

“Ah, Your Majesty, always a pleasure to see you!” announced Count Tatsumi, giving the King a deep bow.

“Milord, we appreciate your presence,” said Viscount Katsura, also kneeling.

“We are ready to serve,” grunted Baron Tsujihara.

“On your feet,” said the King, clearly annoyed at the groveling. The Lightning Nobles quickly obliged, clearly relieved to be getting down to business. “I don’t have the time for pleasantries and I already have concubines at home to give me blowjobs. So I’ll just ask you this: How Much?

The Lightning nobles’ eyes narrowed at the King’s brusqueness, before they realized that he was in fact a King.

“Five hundred million yen apiece, with the title of Marquess for each of us,” said Count Tatsumi, licking his lips in a show of unbridled greed. King Haninozuka rolled his eyes.

“No elevation in titles. You will keep the ones you have, and I will only give you a five hundred million total. You will have to work out who takes what,” said the King.

“Milord, that’s quite a stingy offer from someone supposedly so rich,” said Viscount Katsura, sneering. “I might as well continue sucking on Chancellor Ami’s teat!”

“Three hundred million yen apiece. That’s our offer, only made with the greatest of respect,” grunted Baron Tsujihara.

“One Hundred Fifty million each,” retorted the King, slamming his fists on the table.

Back at his observation spot, Masao shook his head.

“Well, Do-san, it certainly looks like treason to me, are you in agreement?” he asked the Spymaster. Turning to the mednins, he signaled to them. “Get ready.”
To clarify, there is NO posting order in my missions, and you can make multiple posts a round if you wish. For this particular round, I apologize to the mednins - there isn't a whole lot to do, so if you need to make a shorter post, that's totally fine. There will be juicy things later!

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The trip to the Field had been void of much interesting events. He had kept mostly to himself, discussed the reports with Masao and entertained himself by flipping through the latest donut catalogue. Modernday bakers were getting more and more creative with their designs and ingredients. Other than that, the Spymaster had also been giving thought to the possible outcomes of the mission. Best case scenario would be to find the Nobles had changed their mind last minute and Azusa Field would be void of any Lightning Country affiliated officials. The odds of that happening were about as likely as Hikari declaring a hidden love for Masao however and thus the scenarios turned darker.

Even if everything went according to plan, namely extracting the offending lords out of Bear Country without sparking an international conflict, they'd have to deal with the punishment and succession of the nobles in question. After all, simply replacing one rat with another would serve them little in th long run. And sneaking an agent into such a high-profile position would require some very fancy diplomacy and/or mind control. If only he could wield The Power like the characters from his book and go 'This is the Noble you are looking for.' The world would be such an easy place. He'd also have a cool glow-in-the-dark sword. And what kind of guy could say no to such a toy?

At the current moment however, Natsu sat besides Masao in the grass, searching the area for irregularities. The Sennin beat him to it, passing along the spyglass. Holding it up to his eye, Natsu swiveled the thing around until he too spotted the plume. The same thoughts his Sennin voiced spooked through Natsu's head, not quite able to stiffle an annoyed sigh. The Spymaster to get a clearer image through the glass while Masao contacted the ANBU Squad. True to intel, Tatsumi, Katsura and Tsujihara were speeding through the valley, entourage right behind them. "This isn't looking too great." He muttered, turning to Masao's debriefing. The Chunin simply nodded, before sneaking off through the high grass as well.

_____

Having reached the outpost without being spotted, Natsu peered intently at the meeting ahead of them. "Quite so sir. Though it seems their greediness may buy us enough time to prevent anything being signed." He agreed with Masao, moving his hand to his own headset. Broadcasting his message to the channel they shared with the ANBU Squad, he gave them the go ahead. "Donut here, you have the all clear to move in. Remember, your only targets are the Lightning Nobles!" The Spymaster did not doubt the ANBU's capabilities, but with so much on the line he wanted no mistakes. Tensing up, he closely followed the ensuing action, ready to dart off in case anything would get out of hand.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako felt the warm breeze that gently blew against their team and across the lands, her mask sheltering her from anything blowing into her eyes. She was happy that these lands were a part of lightening country, as they unbelievably beautiful. But her little group wasn’t here for sightseeing. Along with taking in the view, Kahako was also on the lookout for anything that shouldn’t have been in the rolling grasslands. Masao, however, was the first to spot it.

As he conversed with the ANBU squad through his headset, Kahako allowed her eyes to focus on the dust in the distance. Her eyes filled with sadness. She somewhat knew about the world that was happening down there. Sell to this highest bidder with no true loyalty and even worse consequences that didn’t come to the buyer. Her father warned her about such business tactics, and cautioned against them for this very reason. Her thoughts were cut short, as Masao updated them. Kahako simply nodded, disappearing with the breeze as the rest of her team followed their leader.

----

Her hands clenched tightly as she listened to the exchange happening. This land belonged to Lightening Country! To take it away from the people of her country would be disastrous. Men, women, and children would starve without the crops that grow here! Did anyone in the government think about that? What was worse was the counts’ insult to the king and those under him.

Men without loyalty were the worst men of all, Kahako thought to herself. As Masao told them to get ready, Kahako tensed up. She already felt her body flow with both adrenaline and chakra as she waiting for anything wrong to happen. Despite her current hatred for the people before her, her mission was to keep them alive. She reminded herself again of that fact. There was more than one result of this meeting that could end up with starving men, women, and children.

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the sun’s current position in the sky, all of mother nature’s beauty was expressed in the surrounding scenery. The heartlands were so full of life and mystery; a land which showed little to no signs of being molested by corrupt men’s civilization through any type of pollution or destruction of the nearby wilderness.

Daisuke’s senses were at static today. The sight of such natural beauties in the forms of fertile plains and lushful lands. The sounds of birds chirping, bees buzzing, and the footsteps of his fellow ninjas accompanied by the small crumbling of gravel beneath their feet. The smell of the fresh air in the lowlands, the warm and comfortable feeling of his odd clothing, and the slightly salty yet satisfying taste of his candy bar, which consisted of peanut butter on top of a soft nougat layer coated with milk chocolate, all resonated into one experience to be understood by the shut-in shinobi. No doubt a clever ruse by Lord Raiden to help the chief desire to leave the safe and comfortable bosom of cloud village and travel more often.

Though he would never fall for such a subtle trick, he could understand the appeal of obtaining such valuable lands from the neighboring country. "So, this is what the king of Bear country is after? The appeal is understandable. Still, why the Bear king would even take such treacherous men into his fold is beyond me. Sure, if he approached and pursued them, then that makes sense. A man can only say no to the appeal of fame and fortune for so long, but for them to go to him and offer to sell their allegiance... for money! Even I could understand if they left because the shogun treated them so harsh and disrespectfully while the Bear king offered them all better leadership and personal favors close to their hearts...like more food or healthcare for their subjects, but that’s not the case. ", he thought expressing his opinion in silence.

While he did enjoy the silence, he couldn’t help but feel obligated to inform his colleagues of his new student. However since it was never finalized, he would change the subject to something that might pique their interest and get his mind off his increasing panic. "Oi, ladies, how’s the job treating you? So stressful that you’re ready to quit? Or perhaps you're ready for a promotion?" he asked playfully and quietly, as he noticed Masao and the other team member kneeling in the grass. "I should speak with him later. Get to meet new people and all that jazz." he thought.

Before long, a call was made and the team advanced towards the meeting place through the tall grass. As he got closer, faint voices could be heard discussing treasonous acts and Masao’s signal only assured Daisuke of the approaching anbu bust about to take place. "Alright, its time! Here we go! Protect the king! Protect the king!" he thought as he prepared to dash towards his objective.

[mft]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As they headed for the meeting location, Kitsune went over the details in her mind. Okay. They try to sell out their loyalty; we bust their asses by calling down the hammer on them. The hammer being our dear ANBUs standing by. Then we’ve got the big question, what do we do once the ANBU have been brought in? she looked thoughtful, but fortunately, none of the others could see her expressions or read her thought process. I suppose Kahako and I will have to provide main medical support, while Daisuke provides key support. Either way we’ll see what’s needed of us once this show hits the road.

Kitsune wasn’t at all I doubt that they’d be able to handle the mission at hand. After all, they had the friggin’ main branch Sennin on their side. In addition, with the power up he’d gotten unknowingly, he should be in perfect condition to fight, if need be. Or, that was what Kitsune hoped for anyways. As they got to their destination, it didn’t take long for the nobles to show up, and right off the bat manage to incriminate themselves. So when Masao gestured to the three mednin, Kitsune got ready to take action.

She just hoped that it wouldn’t be necessary to sacrifice herself to save some hostile lunatic with a hostile takeover offer. Hopefully the ANBU would get off their rears and bust the nobles and the lunatic king within a few minutes, minimizing the work that Kitsune would have to do. And I could’ve been sitting at home reading The Final Empire… she thought as she rolled her eyes Now it’ll be hours until I figure out why the Dark Lord won!

[MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Your Majesty, you are perfectly within your sovereign right to refuse our offer of fealty, just as we are within our rights to withdraw our offers due to inadequate compensation,” growled Count Tatsumi in annoyance.

“Milord, our three provinces boast not only rich farmland and grazing pasture which is among the most fertile in Lightning Country, but also extensive coal and silver mines, along with the only white marble quarry this side of Marsh Country. Do consider what you are refusing to pay fair price for,” sighed Baron Tsujihara.
King_Av2_zps9e8fb6e8.jpg

LJXACNs.png
“Greed is an essential part of Kaminarijin blood, I see,” spat the King, shaking his head. “Very well! I shall give you a combined sum of seven hundred million in total. That is my final offer. It will be up to you three to divide it as you see fit.”

“Your Majesty, please give us a moment to discuss this,” said the Viscount, as the three grudgingly bowed and pulled away into a huddle, no doubt to start bickering over who would take a larger share of the prize.
Meanwhile

hammy2-2.jpg

Spymaster_zpsb102a590.png
"Donut here, you have the all clear to move in. Remember, your only targets are the Lightning Nobles!" said the Spymaster over his radio.
000343960001.gif

ANBU_VClogo.gif
“Roger that, Spymaster. We are on the move!” responded Takayama over the headset, followed by the rustle of operatives moving out of cover.

Shinbatsu, lend us your strength. Just this once, thought Masao as he trained his spyglass on the meeting site again. Through the slightly fishbowled view, he saw the ANBU strike team of four suddenly emerge from the grasses behind the nobles, as if they had materialized out of the ether itself. Predictably, the nobles started to panic as they were forced to their knees by multiple agents at bolter-point and their wrists ziptied. The small bodyguard contingent that had accompanied them did not seem in the mood for a fight, and quickly set their weapons down before raising their hands. The men were smart – they knew they faced no real charges for the actions of their masters, and that to engage a shinobi was guaranteed death.

So far, so good, but the most important part of the mission laid on what the Bear forces did, particularly their king. Masao focused his view on Haninozuka Nikolai IV, whose face at first registered confusion, but then quickly, indignation. The King’s hand went for his sword… Only to be stayed by the hand of an imperious-looking woman next to him. She shook her head, whispering something to the King. Through the spyglass, Masao focused on a dull-gold-colored piece of metal worn on her chest. It bore the mark of the Star Village, indicating that she was a shinobi. Probably one of their higher-ranking ones, to be sure, if she were accompanying the King. Whispering his thanks to the woman under his breath, the Cloud Sennin refocused his view on Takayama, whose attention seemed to now focus on the Bear King. From their movements, they seemed to be having a conversation of some sort…

Takayama! What the fuck are you doing?! Just get the nobles and leave! thought Masao, a bead of sweat running down his face. He swore further as he observed the King now seeming to become more inflamed, and walking toward Takayama! He quickly found his radio again.
Haytham_Av_zpse57d2346.jpg

cloud_sennin.gif
“Vice Commander! Whatever you’re doing, STAND DOWN and WITHDRAW! That is an ORDER!” growled Masao over his headset…
Enishi_Av_Arc2.jpg

VGocR.png
“He can’t hear you, my friend,” sounded a voice over his headset that did not belong to Takayama Shimada. Although not Shimada’s, however, it was still recognizable.

"...Enishi?! How the hell did you get this frequency? Where are you?!" growled Masao.

"I wanted to let you know that I have...commandeered Vice Commander Takayama's services for the moment."

"Enishi, whatever you're about to do...let Takayama-san go. You can do whatever you want, even kill me. Just let Takayama go."

"Oh, I wanted to kill you, for sure. And I would have simply left it at that, had you not been responsible for the death of Nakamura Yukiko. She was such a beautiful person, and yet you let that crippled Tenouzan wench take her from us. So instead, I'm going to make you suffer. You're going to live, and keep suffering as you lose everything and everyone important to you."

"What the godrotting hell are you talking about?!"

“Look to the left of the King. To quote my favorite fiction writer: 'Now cracks a noble heart. Good night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.'”

“Shit…” croaked Masao as his spyglass focused on a soldier in the Bear vanguard who now took off his helmet and seemed to look right back at him, with the smiling face of Yukimura Enishi. Dropping the spyglass, Masao stood bolt-upright and bellowed with all his might. “SHINOBI!!! TO ARMS!!!!”

He bounded forward with the most urgency he had felt in his forty nine years of life. Chakra blades sprang from the underside of both wrists, his cloak flapped violently in the wind of his wake. Every footfall, laced with the maximum amount of chakra possible to augment his speed, slammed into the ground, shattering dirt and stone where he contacted it. He was beyond fear, beyond rage, and only filled with singular purpose. Not to kill Enishi, not to try to get Takayama back to his senses, but simply to prevent another war.

Shinbatsu, why have you forsaken us?!

And yet it was still not enough. Through the warped and yet crystal-clear perception of desperation, he saw Takayama Shimada raise his submachine bolter at the Fourth Haninozuka King and fire. Fifteen shots – half of an entire magazine’s worth of bolts was instantly flung at the ruler’s chest, punching through ceremonial armor like pikes through butter. A gruesome fireworks display of crimson erupted from the King’s front and back, and he started to sink to his knees. Takayama whirled, drawing his sword while spraying the rest of the bolter’s magazine at the front column of the Royal Guard, and with the fluid grace of three decades of ANBU swordsmanship, sliced the King’s neck in twain. Royal guardsmen fell backwards in droves, black ichor erupting from head wounds. The woman next to the King, managed to deflect a bolt speeding toward her head with a simple motion of her palm, and within an instant was on Takayama, locking her blade with his.

Have you left us!? Is this why you let your people suffer so?

“NOOOOO!!!!!!” shouted Masao as he leapt toward Takayama, slamming into the Vice Commander’s frame and knocking him away from the death struggle with the mysterious woman. Takayama’s hands became a blur as he dropped the sword and drew his Santaru-Taji fighting dirk, and slammed it into Masao’s chest…

Shinbatsu, were you not once a mortal shinobi like me? Like Takayama?

Masao’s world flashed a brilliant shade of white and red with pain and shock, and he involuntarily retched a torrent of crimson from the hemorrhage of a punctured esophagus. His body moved instinctively as the sounds of the world faded to a slow murmur and his vision grew dim…

I thought you were our protector…

He opened his eyes. He was embracing his opponent. His left hand cradled the back of Takayama’s head. The palm of his right hand rested at the angle of the Vice Commander’s mandible. The man’s eyes were open, and his pupils were dilated and did not respond. With a dawning and sickening realization, Masao pulled his right hand back, along with the blood-smeared chakra blade that he had sunk into Takayama Shimada’s carotid artery, skull, and brainstem. Wordlessly, Masao slowly sank to his knees, still holding the lifeless Vice Commander’s body. Gently, he laid the man onto his back, and with a quick movement of his left hand, closed the old veteran’s eyes forever.

Have you a heart, you bastard?! Do you have a neck by which to strangle you with?!

He stared at his crimson-stained hands, and then looked up to the heavens, his breaths ragged with the pneumothorax that Takayama had given him as a parting gift. He screamed, for the first time in a long time.

“ENISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Meanwhile, the rest of the “ANBU” squad under Takayama now took off their masks, greeting the oncoming mednins and Spymaster. From their expressions, it was clear that they were most definitely not the original Majestic Princes squad, and that they were itching for a fight.
jojo_av_zpsecac7976.jpg

VGocR.png
“Former Leftenant Horiucihi Yuuya, at your service. Prepare to defend yourselves, Kumonin!” announced a bulky, armor-clad male with an offset smile that flashed a set of perfect white teeth. In his hands, a long, multi-bladed spear which emanated power. As he started to whirl it, the dust around him resembled a maelstrom.
Akame_Av_zpsc26e4cdb.jpg

VGocR.png
“I will assist The Boss with the Hoshikage,” spoke a young, black-haired woman who wielded a katana seething with deadly black energy. Without prompting, she leapt in the direction of Masao and Enishi.
TheoP3_Av_zpsaf2df9eb.jpg

VGocR.png
“…” nodded a blond-haired, slit-eyed man who stepped next to Yuuya. With a flourish, he produced a deck of what looked like slightly oversized playing cards, which started to circle around him seemingly of their own accord. Each of them bore a stylized symbol of an element, and any one with chakra sense could tell that they were incredibly dangerous.

From within the Bear Country entourage, a bright red flare shot into the sky – an obvious call for aid. Disciplined to the last, the Royal Guard now started to spread their formation into an inverse square, with the tips of their pikes pointed at everyone involved. Slowly, they started to march inwards, with the inevitable result that both the Cloud shinobi as well as the Kingslayers would be impaled on the bristling row of weaponry presented forward. From the surrounding hills, other flares, these ones blue in color, answered in return to the original. Most likely the reinforcements would be Hoshigakure Shinobi.

The shinobi of Cloud were faced with a dying foreign King, Yukimura Enishi and three of his accomplices, a very pissed-off Royal Guard, and an imminent clash with another nation’s shinobi force. They had very little time…
And the Urobutcher strikes again. What, did you think this would be a healing anime? And now the tactical situation to help you write your posts:

1. The King of Bear lies dead or dying nearby – someone is going to have to attempt to save him, or not. Those are pretty terrible injuries.
2. Three Kingslayers have revealed themselves and are out for blood. A heavily-armored tank-class, a nimble fighter, and some sort of elementalist compose their party.
3. Masao is in shock from Takayama Shimada’s death, and will likely attempt to search for and kill Enishi, to the exclusion of everything else. If you want him to do something more productive, then you can tell him what to do instead, but he might not listen.
4. You are surrounded by remaining soldiers of the Royal Guard of Bear, who are slowly advancing inwards with pikes, preventing you from running without incurring further harm to Bear forces. The Kingslayers will also attempt to break though the line at some point, and if they hurt many more, Cloud will be blamed (think about protecting the soldiers if necessary when this happens).
5. Hoshigakure Shinobi are on their way from the hills. Although weaker than Cloud shinobi or Kingslayers, they will certainly make life a lot more difficult if and when they arrive.
6. Plan your actions for the span of one round of equivalent modded battle, after which we will move on!

And of course, the obligatory: "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!"

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What the hell is going on down there?! Natsu thought furiously, wishing he too had a spyglass. Despite that, he knew it was taking too long for the ANBU to get away. And Masao's words confirmed the fact that -something- was going awry. It wasn't until that one word, that one name, that he froze in place. ".. Enishi?!" No.. It can't be. Not here! Not now! Natsu had never known the man personally, but knew about him. Of course the Spymaster did, how could he not? Assassinations, high treason, ex-Kumogakure Shinobi. The man was the most wanted criminal in the whole of the Lightning Country. He had deserved that six star wanted rating with good cause. And whoever brought him would earn deserve the ridiculous sum labelled for his delivery.

Now was no time to panic however, and Natsu looked over to the Sennin's headpiece, as if it would somehow enable him to hear the conversation. Cursed be those private channels. Masao's reaction spoke clearly enough however, and so did his command. Bolting away as his leader shouted the command for battle, he was surprised to see the man overtake him in but moments. Sure, he was the motherloving Sennin, but such speed at that age.. Natsu would've been impressed, if it wasn't for the pressing matter ahead of him. Pushing his limits to try and keep up with the boss, he almost tripped when he saw what conspired down below at the meeting.

Takayama has betrayed us? That.. That couldn't be! Vice-Commander Takayama, perfect track record, and now this?! What kind of sorcery is going here?! The Chunin wanted to scream, though before he could, the gravest treason of all took place before his very eyes. "NOOOOOO!" The Spymaster bellowed, stretching his arm out though he would never be able to reach. Masao got struck, dagger flashing into his throat, a fountain of red spraying out of his mouth. Spurred on by the death of his superior, as odd as their relation may have been, he thundered onto the field, only to be halted by the three Kingslayers.

It was only then that he surveyed their position, a fatal error, something he should've done a lot sooner. Three, no two, Kingslayers blocking the path. Two Kingslayers more behind them, busying themselves with a wounded Masao and the Hoshikage. A dead King, three arrested nobles and their contingent of bodyguards. The larger squad of Bear soldiers. Star Shinobi rushing towards us from the hills. And it was his job to ensure this incident would not lead to war. It wasn't to keep Masao alive, nor defeat the Kingslayers. Those were secondary, as much as he hated to admit it. And whatever he'd do, he'd have to do it quickly.

Tapping into his headset, not quite aware of the position of his team members, he quickly gave instructions, sounding as certain as he could manage. "Kitsune, Kahako. Try and save the Bear King. Daisuke, make sure the Kingslayers don't interrupt them." It was short and terribly vague, but it was most he could give them for now. Once more surveying the area, Natsu rammed his fist into the ground, growling in pain as calcium flowed from his arm into the soil. Moments later, spires of white bone sprouted around the group, effectively preventing the soldiers to advance further. On the con side, it also locked them in with all of the Kingslayers. He'd just have to hope Daisuke could keep them away from his colleagues.

The bones formed a sloppy circle around the pack of four Kingslayers, a dying king and ANBU, heavily injured Sennin, an undoubtedly very confused Hoshikage, four Kumo-nin and the arrested nobles with their bodyguards. Natsu hadn't been quite aware he'd kept them inside as well, though figured it was for the best. After all, if the Bear soldiers couldn't get to them, they might vent their frustration on the nobles. "You men," Natsu barked at the startled bodyguards. "Help protect the Medical Ninja and we might just forgive the actions of your lords. Refuse, and you'll die. Be it by the enemies' or my own hands." Looking back at the two Kingslayers, Natsu hesitated for just a moment. Would the Med-Nin be okay with just Daisuke and the bodyguards? Or should he stay as well? No, he couldn't. Not if they wanted to get out of here without a war on their hands. He had to secure another ally.

"Daisuke.. I'm be counting on you." He said to the man, hoping his combat abilities would exceed his sense of fashion, before jumping sideways into one of the spires. He had always found it an odd feeling, each time he had practiced the Jutsu. Yet it was part of him, and he could freely control it anyway he wished. Moving, if that was the correct way to describe it, through them, he emerged on the other side of the circle, next to Masao. "Get to Kitsune. You need healing. Then help me prevent this potential war." He warned the man, though he himself walked straight towards the Hoshikage. Slipping another bone from his arm, he molded it into the crude shape of a sword, before pointing it towards Enishi and the odd girl.

"My lady. I apologize for this.. most unfortunate event." He declared to the Hoshikage, though he would not take his eyes away from the Kingslayers, hoping the Kage would at least hear him out. "If we wish to survive this ordeal and prevent further escalation however, I request you aide us, at least for the moment. Our Medical-Nin are already taking care of Haninozuka-Heika." Hopefully she would accept this offer. And hopefully, they would indeed get away from this with both their lives and an unbroken truce. Though that certainly is quite a lot to hope for considering the odds. The Spymaster thought grimly, gripping his sword more tightly, readying himself for combat.

[Word Count : 989]
[Marked for Training]

Actions said:
- Used 'Dance of the Seedling Fern - Bone Forest Ninjutsu' [Master Rank] to block off the Bear Soldiers' path. Spires are only on the outside, forming a full circle around: All Lightning personnel (including nobles and their bodyguards); Hoshikage; Dying Bear King; 3 Kingslayers + Enishi.
- Used 'Dance of the Willow - Weapon Creation Technique' [Master Rank] to create 'Destroyer of Bones'.
- Tried to convince the Bodyguards to assist Kumo-Nin.
- Tried to convince the Hoshikage to aide him/us in the battle.

Hope I didn't go out of line anywhere. If I have crossed some lines, feel free to notify me and I'll make edits.

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke stood in position, ready to dash towards the king in a cautionary action only to witness the horrific events unfold from afar. He couldn’t help but notice that Masao seemed a bit on edge while he spoke on the headset giving the order to move in. Daisuke felt it only natural now that the bust was about to go down, but the process seemed slow...too slow in fact. Before he could properly assess the situation from the distance, Masao gave the order the chief had been waiting for and dashed off with god-like speed accompanied by the spymaster. The same could not be said about Daisuke’s next actions. From a crouched position his body, once filled with the energy of a hyperactive track runner now sat limp from shock, as he watched a high ranking member of the anbu detain the three unscrupulous nobles, only to continue on committing murder, high treason, and attacking the sennin of kumogakure.

"Masao-sama! What the hell is going on!", he thought with widened eyes and mouth ajar. The events unfolded at a horrifyingly fast pace and Daisuke was left in complete awe momentarily. For him, it was like witnessing the aftermath of the Bear-Marsh war all over again. The only question left was why. What was the motive behind this whole thing; behind all this senseless violence and bloodshed. Why would fate, the gods, or whatever higher power that supposedly existed play such a card at such an inopportune time. Luckily Masao provided Daisuke with the sole reason for such an unnecessary tragedy when he yelled out the name of the man responsible, which subsequently made Daisuke’s body responsive once more and allowed him to charge forward with amazing speed. "No. No! Not him! For the sake of all that is holy and precious in this world, Lord Raiden, not him! The worst criminal to ever come out of Kumogakure. Not...Enishi!" he thought, recognizing the name of what he believed to be the embodiment of evil, based on everything he’s heard about the criminal.

As he dashed towards the main branch shinobi, orders came in over the headsets. The orders were short and sweet, though he had hoped for a status report on the sennin’s condition. Still, he had a job to do. "Roger that!" he said as he witnessed a familiar technique used up ahead. Under normal circumstances, Daisuke would have been at static to meet another member of the kaguya clan seeing as he never met many others like him, but the situation at hand came first. "So, I’m on the defensive side. Fine, I’ll make these amateurs sweat. Literally. Okay, I’ll try out the trap and burn strategy. It should throw off their aim and deter their movements at the very least.", he thought as he formed several hand signs.

The towering spires ripped through the ground, encasing him along with the enemies and allies inside the white forest. This action only left Daisuke wondering how his enemies felt whenever he used the technique. He took the lead, passing the guards, and leap into the air forming more hand signs. When Natsu expressed his confidence in the chief, Daisuke nodded his head and landed six or so yards away from the enemy in the armor and the strage card wielding man. Slamming his hand to the ground, he erected a large and sturdy stone wall and began to hold the line.
Actions said:
- Uses Earthslide Wall-[Mastered] to protect allies. Daisuke stands in front of the wall. (3 ap)

- Uses 'Dance of the Seedling Fern - Bone Forest Ninjutsu' [Master Rank] on tanker and elementalist, attempting to cut them off from the others. (3 ap)

- Uses Vulcan Eruption-[Mastered] on both tanker and elementalist. Attempts to destroy elementalist's cards / weapons. (3 ap)

- Total ap used: 9 ap

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Scratch that, it’ll be more than hours. What the heck just happened?! Kitsune immediately tried to rationalize the whole thing, but it wasn’t really helping. Fact was that there were kingslayers, and the king had been wounded, possibly mortally so. So. Help the king, even though he enticed our nobles to treason. And if that doesn’t work, well… she thought to herself as she readied her mind for whatever might happen out there on the battlefield, between her and the opposing forces.

Fortunately for her it seemed that Do Natsu had sprung into action immediately, and Daisuke had followed him right afterwards, with an earth wall. She dashed to the king and checked his vitals. In case he was able to be saved, she’d immediately begin to treat him with all the might she could muster.
In case he couldn’t be saved, she’d ready herself for fierce combat with those blasted kingslayers. She knew it wouldn’t be an easy fight, and heck, she might even get blamed for being unable to save the king, but such was the life of a shinobi.

But oh. She hadn’t seen exactly what had happened to Masao, and when she looked, what she saw frightened her a bit. Masao had gone absolutely bonkers, and he looked wounded, as there was red blood flowing everywhere from his body. After checking on the king, and seeing if there was anything she could do, she dashed to Masao ”Kahako, you check on the King to see if you can do something with your water” she yelled at her student, while running. Upon reaching Masao, she began healing him, pouring as much power into it as she possibly could.
Okay lovelies.
Kitsune checks on the king. If healable, she uses Mystical Force – Mastered, as well as System Restoration – Mastered.
If not healable, she forms the seals for Plasma Blade, but stops halfway through and dashes to Masao, and uses the same combination of techniques as she’d have used on the king, as well as Coagulation – Mastered.

[WC: 284; MFT]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seeing as it's been over a week since I last posted, I felt I needed to move on. Don't worry Kahako, you're still in the mission and can recieve full credit for it! Also, I did a line of dialogue for her that I hope is okay. PM me if it isn't, etc. And now for the post!

The silent man’s deck of floating cards flashed blue with sudden ferocity as he thrust out his hands and sent two gouts of liquid molten copper flying toward Daisuke’s body. The mednin chief whirled instinctively as one of the metal spears barely grazed the Kevlar and canvas armor protecting his chest, and completed a set of handseals. Instantaneously, a rough, thick wall of gravel-studded earth erupted out of the ground behind him, sealing off access to the rest of the Cloud shinobi. As he looked down, he could see that even a glancing hit from one of the elementalist’s spells could be deadly – it had almost eaten away the entire front of his new outfit!
jojo_av_zpsecac7976.jpg

VGocR.png
“I have to tell you, shinobi, that’s pretty valorous of you to box yourself in here with two of us,” said Yuuya, nodding in genuine approval. “Isn’t that right, Shourai-san?” he asked the mute elementalist, who merely shrugged. “Ah, right, you’re kind of the untrustworthy sort. Ah well,” sighed Yuuya as he leapt toward Daisuke, spear in hand.

For such a large and seemingly heavily-armored man, he was surprisingly fast, and the mednin was almost run through entirely by the massive, broad-headed spear thrust at his chest. Only a quick stumble backward saved him from being instantly killed, and the spear instead tore a giant hole through the mednin chief’s hat. It was enough time for Daisuke to slam his hands into the ground, causing the area around him to suddenly erupt into hellish spikes of bone that shot up through the earth and into flesh.

“Jesus, Mari, and JoJo, my balls!” thundered Yuuya as the spires crashed into his legs and right into his armored crotch. The armor was strong enough that the thorns cracked and broke rather than penetrated through, but it still left quite an impression.
TheoP3_Av_zpsaf2df9eb.jpg

VGocR.png
“…!” Shourai let out an involuntary gasp as a bonespire speared him through the shoulder and the meaty part of his leg, but still managed to let out a burst of lightning that lanced across the spires and struck Daisuke, flinging him backward into the earthen wall he had raised. The mednin winced as he felt even his Kaguya ribs crack from the force. As Yuuya and Shourai now began to lash out and break the bone forest around them, however, Daisuke set about to cast another jutsu before his strength failed entirely.

Below the two enemy fighters, the ground started to glow in the fashion of an angry, active volcano, and the world began to shake…
Meanwhile…

Each heartbeat thundered in the old man’s consciousness as he slowly rose from his knees and unsteadily started to lurch forward toward three blurry figures a few meters away. Only one of them was relevant, however, and it was Yukimura Enishi. Takayama Shimada was dead and disgraced - his name would never be engraved on the walls of the Torre Celeste with all other fallen ANBU – and it was all Enishi’s fault. Only once before had Takaki Masao lost himself in rage against a single man to the exclusion of everything else. And now, he could not even remember the man’s name.

He did not care that all around the field, a vast circle of bony white spires erupted from the ground like the birth of a macabre forest, sending tremors through the earth and raising a choking cloud of dust in the process. Nor that the sounds of bolter-fire now erupted from the bodyguard contingent who Natsu had recruited on the fly, only to be met with the unmistakable hissing of elemental jutsu in return. Nor that the crimson stain on the front of his outfit was growing at an alarming rate and that he was leaving a literal trail of red on the gravel he trod on. No, he only cared for one thing, and that was to kill Enishi.

The traitor had locked blades with one of the Hoshigakure shinobi – the same woman who had been at the King’s side. Some bodyguard she had been, but then again, no one had expected that animal to show up, he reasoned. The two danced nimbly around each other, their blades seemingly never clashing, but rather, sliding off of each other. Good – it was the distraction he needed…

His hand grasped the hilt of the dagger buried in his chest and pulled it out with the sickening hiss of escaping air followed by the splatter of blood on the ground. With an expert’s flick of the wrist he reversed the grip and continued to limp toward his target. It was becoming harder and harder to breathe, and his legs felt more leaden with every step. Even forcefully pouring chakra into his own musculature seemed to have fast-diminishing returns. But he needed to continue on. To sink that dagger into Enishi’s lower back and twist and slide. To make sure it severed the bastard’s aorta and made him bleed to death quickly…

With a bloody squelching sound, Masao slumped against the pale bone wall, leaving a smear of crimson as he fell to his knees. A second later, a metallic clank sounded in front of his face as the blackened tip of a katana plunged into the bone wall.
Akame_Av_zpsc26e4cdb.jpg

VGocR.png
“The Boss is busy fighting. Wait your turn,” said the black-haired, red-eyed woman in a monotone voice as she stood in front of him.
Haytham_Av_zpse57d2346.jpg

cloud_sennin.gif
“Get the hell out of my way…” growled Masao as he jabbed at her with a chakra blade from his left arm. She easily dodged the weakened blow and followed it with a kick to his chest, sending him sprawling backward. Almost lazily, she strode up to him and held her sword over his neck, as if debating whether to kill him or not…

Suddenly, the bone wall parted and out sprang Natsu, who barely missed landing a blow on the girl as she rolled back into a defensive stance, her blade pointed toward the newcomer.
hammy2-2.jpg

cloud_chuunin.gif
"Get to Kitsune. You need healing. Then help me prevent this potential war,” growled the Kaguya in his most no-nonsense tone. Masao stared back at him, initially in disbelief, but quickly thereafter with a growing realization. Yes, that had been their mission all along - to prevent war, and the waste of lives that no one could afford. It was what Takayama would have wanted, much more than simply to have his death avenged…

“Damn it, Donuts…” he coughed in anger but also shame. “I…”
25114_v.png

cloud_medic.gif
”Kahako, you check on the King to see if you can do something with your water!”

Kitsune’s voice now registered in his sensorium as the mednin rushed to his side and jammed a hand enveloped in healing chakra right onto his chest. He gasped in pain as the jutsu immediately began to take effect, sealing the sucking chest wound and restoring the blood lost on the ground. Despite the pain, however, his perception began to clear and his thoughts became unjumbled. The overpowering rage that had grasped him minutes before now faded, replaced with a calm, collected understanding of the fact that everything had gone to hell.

The mednin was as strong as she was soft in her bust, as demonstrated when she tossed an arm over her shoulders and hoisted him to his feet. Her assets were the last thing on his mind, however – this was one of the only situations in which such a thing was possible for a healthy man.

“Shit, Kitsune! The King! We have to save him!” growled Masao, beginning to rush over to where Haninozuka Nikolai IV lay. The new mednin – Higa Kahako had been her name – was already attending to him, her hands a blur as she attempted to knit together swiss-cheese-looking arteries and lung tissue rendered into hamburger meat. There was no telling how much blood flow was actually getting to the King’s brain. He had already been more than a few minutes without any sort of blood pressure or pulse, and most of his circulatory volume had spilled onto the ground before even the first hand had been laid on his chest. The stents she had placed between the severed ends of the carotid arteries on both sides hung like limp noodles rather than pulsed like they should have.

Kahako took note of the fact that the King’s eyes stared blankly into the sky above, and that his pupils did not constrict at all. In all likelihood he was already brain-dead. Even if by some miracle his heart would start pumping in a sustainable rhythm, he would never move or speak or possibly even breathe on his own again. But her concern was that he not die completely here, or there would be war. She was not yet ready to admit defeat…
Meanwhile

King_Av_zps2534e700.jpg

[? ? ?]
“Why have you done this?! Our people had no quarrel with your kind!” shouted the female shinobi as she parried a sweeping low cut from Enishi and riposted with a thrust to his groin, which he narrowly dodged. The two had landed glancing blows on each other, as was evident from the bloody gash across his shoulder and a deep cut across her thigh.
Enishi_Av2_zps076cbc80.jpg

VGocR.png
“I assure you, Nanasaki Ai, that I did not originally intend to involve the han-guk people in the affairs of my home country, but circumstances have changed, and I no longer have the luxury of time,” said Enishi, facing her with a posta coda longa stance. It was an inviting, but deceptive pose, and the woman, Ai, knew better than to take the invitation to strike. “And it seems we have an uninvited guest.”

“My lady. I apologize for this… most unfortunate event,” said Natsu, stepping into the sword-circle with his own bone-blade outstretched. Enishi met his gaze with a calculating, cool expression that betrayed no trepidation. “If we wish to survive this ordeal and prevent further escalation however, I request you aide us, at least for the moment. Our Medical-Nin are already taking care of Haninozuka-Heika."

“And how do I know, Kumonin, that your forces are not merely finishing the job that this one started?” responded Ai, flicking her gaze at Enishi.

“Although I would love to see you two kill each other over a misunderstanding, I assure you that the Spymaster of Kumogakure speaks the truth,” said Enishi to Ai, before he shouted over to the two others who were busy engaging Daisuke. “We’re done here!”

Natsu and Ai moved in perfect synchrony as they blinked forward in a half-second and slashed at Enishi in his moment of distraction. The hits were precise and lethal, and severed his head from his body and his torso from his legs. Natsu almost allowed himself the briefest glint of triumph, until he saw what he had expected to see – the bloody chunks of man quickly started to degenerate into smoldering ash – it had been a well-made clone all this time.

A deafening crack followed by a massive shockwave threw everyone to the ground and blanketed the area with dust and smoke again. As Donuts and Ai rose to their feet and attempted to peer through the dust, they could now see that a section of the bone wall that Natsu had raised had now been obliterated. What was even more improbable was what was staring through the hole.

A massive, fifteen-meter-tall creature, seemingly human in appearance but missing both genitals as well as skin, peered at the shinobi below. It seemed to exude steam from its orifices, and moved with a mixture of robotic clumsiness and animalistic grace. Worst of all, however, Enishi stood perched on its shoulder.

What the hell kind of puppet is that?! thought Masao as he stared at the contraption, even distracted from King Nikolai. The creature roared, a deep undulating bellow that was nauseating to experience. Immediately, the three other Kingslayers who had been present now jumped into its hands, and the creature immediately turned and barreled away, causing tremors in its wake. As it did so, the evening sky now lit up with the contrails of fire jutsu and the streaks of tracer bolter paths that whizzed in the giant puppet’s direction in vain.

Masao shook his head as the other shinobi now rushed up to him and the King.

“Enishi’s gone. He had this planned from the beginning,” he said to Natsu, wiping a patch of drying blood from his face. “What of the King?” he asked to the mednins, knowing what the answer would be, but asking anyway. It was something he had to do – perhaps fate would deign to grant a miracle, after all… The miserable look on Kahako’s face said it all as she removed her mask.
kahakoredav2_zps3c2dd2ab.jpg

Cloud_MIT.gif
“He’s dead, sir.”

Masao opened his mouth to protest, but quickly stopped and gritted his teeth. Sighing, he squatted and patted the young mednin on the shoulder, hoping to reassure her that she had done nothing wrong. He turned to Natsu next.

“What of the Star Shinobi?” he asked the Spymaster, who gestured with his head to the woman from earlier, who now regarded Masao with a pair of very hard eyes.
Sennin_Av_zps4614e297.jpg

S5skwvl.png
“They’re already here,” rumbled a basso voice behind Masao. The Sennin turned around to face possibly the largest man he had ever seen in his life. Clad in fur-lined armor and wielding a large, two-handed sword, the new arrival seemed more beast than man in appearance, and his only mark of civilization was the dull-gold insignia plate on his chest marked with the Star Village symbol. Flanking him, and indeed, surrounding their group, were dozens of Star Village shinobi, all of them pointing their bolters at the Cloud shinobi.
King_Av_zps2534e700.jpg

kh0S33u.png
“My name is Nanasaki Ai,” began the woman shinobi, leveling her sword at Masao. “I am the Hoshikage of Star Village, and a loyal servant to the Serene Kingdom of Bear. The man behind you is my Sennin, Kaibutsu Kuro. I just watched a Cloud ANBU murder my liege lord in broad daylight. Tell me why the hell we shouldn’t just kill you all right now.”
Note: Battle really isn't the answer in this situation...

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsu's eyes narrowed as Enishi confirmed his words. It made little sense for the Rogue-Nin to aide them, certainly in this situation. There was no time to be distracted however, a lesson the Spymaster had clearly learnt better than his opponent. Seizing the opportunity, his blade whistled through the air as it hacking into Enishi's neck. The satisfactory feeling melted away like snow before the sun as the truth was revealed however. "By Raiden's hai-.." Natsu muttered, remembering just in time that he stood next to the Hoshikage. Mentioning his God's furry gonads probably wouldn't make much of a good impression on the woman. The fact that a humongous naked man, if it could be called that, appeared out of nothing would've probably distracted her from it though.

"Is.. Is that a human?" Natsu questioned to no one in particular, before it thundered off into the distance with all of the Kingslayers. Which made him worry about the Med-Nin. He had left them behind against two very dangerous opponents after all, with just Daisuke and the bodyguards as defense. And Masao.. He had sent his Sennin so badly injured to them. Had that foolish boss of his made it or succumbed from the wounds before either of the Med-Nin could've gotten to him? Rushing over to where he had abandoned them, he let out a soft gasp of relief. Everyone seemed to be okay, though Daisuke looked pretty banged up and Masao still a bit pale from the blood loss.

As Masao addressed him, Natsu could only nod. His expression had grown sour again, the escape from the Rogue-Nin stinging almost as badly as the botched up mess this entire mission had become. And then came the dreadful question. "What of the King?" The response was just as horrid. The Medical Ninjas had been powerless in the face of such injuries. It had been their only job.. But not even they could work against the laws of life and death. Or plot, depending on your religious beliefs.

When the Sennin inquired about the Star Shinobi, Natsu motioned his heads towards the Kage, but never quite finished the motion. Head frozen mid-shake, he stared with slight disbelief at the.. thing behind Masao. It was almost the exact opposite of the being Enishi had summoned. While big, it was only half its size; Hairy where the giant had been naked skin; Animalistic to the point of feral compared to the more mechanical movement of the earlier creature; Hair gonads much like Raiden's too, unlike the Giant from before. And apparently Sennin of the Star Ninja.

"Tell me why the hell we shouldn’t just kill you all right now.” Natsu had heard difficult questions and near impossible requests in his life before. What is the square root of a pancake? What is the difference between a duck? If you were a pencil stuck in an automated sharpener, how would you escape? Sweetie, do I look fat in this dress? Could you please put down the donut? Yet none of those seemed as complicated as the on the Hoshikage had just posed him. Nor had they pressured him with the looming threat of a war being unleashed if he answered wrong. Could this day get any worse still?

Looking over to Masao, Natsu decided to take the lead. He was unsure of Masao's current mental state after the death of his close friend and a near-death experience himself. "Because it would serve you no purpose other than more needless bloodshed. I request you think this over, Hoshikage-Sama." It was a bold move, and he wasn't sure how she'd respond to such a blunt response. First things first however, and that were introductions. "My name is Do Natsu, Spymaster of Kumogakure as the Kingslayer Enishi told you. Along with me is the Sennin of Kumogakure, Takaki Masao, Medical Chief Kaguya Daisuke and Med-Nins Shinrya Kitsune and Higa Kahako." Had he revealed too much? Perhaps, but they needed the trust from these people if they were to leave unharmed. And lies would yield little trust.

"First and foremost, we would like to express our most sincere condolences regarding the death of Haninozuka-Heika. We had no intention whatsoever of killing your king, I can assure of you that. Our intention was to simply arrest the Lightning Nobles. We will have to investigate why the ANBU in question disregarded his explicit orders. The most likely answer would be that he was acting under the influence of a Genjutsu. The presence of four Kingslayers makes this a very plausible scenario." The Spymaster had little doubt the Kingslayers were known in the Bear Country. Their crimes were many and grave after all. And surely the Bears had spies entrenched well in the Lightning Country.

Natsu paused for a moment, giving the Star Shinobi a moment to process all of the information. "I understand such a simple explanation will not suffice for the damage caused. However, killing us will only result in more pointless bloodshed. Not only our blood, but the inevitable war that will follow. Instead, I'd like to request you permit us to leave in peace so we can hunt down the criminals responsible for the death of your King. Rest assured that we will not let this crime go unpunished and that it will be our number one priority to stop the Kingslayers once and for all." Had it been enough? Would it suffice to postpone the Hoshikage's thirst for blood? Natsu could only hope so. Not only for their sake, but for the sake of the entire Lightning Country.

[Word Count: 930]
[Marked for Training]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Kitsune had finally gotten Masao stabilized and back to being somewhat alright ”I put Kahako to the task of trying to help him out.” she said to the Sennin, that quickly got up and rushed towards to where the king was. Kitsune followed right behind him, to see if Kahako had actually had a chance in healing the wounded king. Considering the fact that his torso was more or less Swiss cheese, Kitsune noted down the time of death, as well as the cause, knowing full well that there was nothing more to do at this point, unless there had been a dark sage around to resurrect the guy from the dead.

But let’s face it. They weren’t that lucky. And now they’d probably be blamed for his death too. Kitsune sighed deeply and shook her head ”Well. This poses a problem” she said in a grim tone ”What do we do Masao-san? He’s as dead as can be. And we’ll probably be blamed for not saving His Swisscheesy-ness from death.” Then, Kahako stated that the king was dead, she shook her head and said ”Not your fault Kahako-chan. He was probably dead before even hitting the ground. There was nothing you could’ve done.”

The giant creature that Enishi and his cronies had summoned didn’t really surprise Kitsune all that much. There were a lot of things in the world that couldn’t be explained easily. A fifteen meter tall skinless humanoid was apparently one of them. Kitsune just hoped that they wouldn’t come back, because they might have a problem or two in regards to fighting it. Then, when the star shinobi pointed her sword at Masao, Kitsune stepped in front, shielding Masao. ”I just saved his life. I don’t intend on having you take it away Nanasaki-sama.” Kitsune said after learning the other womans name, and rank.

Then, after Natsu had spoken, Kitsune opened her mouth. ”Of course, if any of your troops should require medical assistance, I’d be more than happy to help.” she said, hoping the Hoshikage could see she actually meant it. ”As for my colleague’s assessment of the genjutsu influence, I would have to agree. The movements were unnatural and stiff. All in all, a jarring experience to watch, especially with my eyes” she finished and removed her contact lenses, revealing her Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, but making sure to not make eyecontact with any of the Star shinobi, so they wouldn’t have a reason to accuse her of influencing their judgement with Sharingan trickery.

[WC: 420; MFT]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“He’s dead, sir.” She never expected such words to be said on her first mission. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on the small MiT. She failed. Her one task, her first mission: keep the king alive… and she failed. Kahako wasn’t accustomed to failure, at least not when it mattered most. So when she uttered those words she also admitted that, for the first time, she failed. The large, rough hand of the sennin she was afraid and her teacher’s words gave her little comfort. She just hung her head in response.

Kahako closed Haninozuka-Heika’s eyes with her bloodied hand. She never knew this man, and for a few short minutes, she didn’t like him either. However, nobody deserved to be murdered. It was moments like this that hurt the most. To be killed in battle with honor was one thing, but to be assassinated was considered a shame. The small girl in red stood and turned to the political shit storm that brewed behind her. Apparently she was the only one to give the man a moment of silence. Ironic how no one truly mourned the dead when war was just around the corner.

She looked at the hard expression of the hoshikage. The situation was bad. Beyond bad. ‘If only Hikari were here to help straighten things out.’ Kahako’s mind thought randomly. Kahako was kind to others, but she was no diplomat. “Hoshikage-sama, we both lost someone who was important to our countries today,” she cut in after her sensei was done speaking. She sighed, tired from the exorbitant amount of chakra she pushed into a corpse. “We all want blood, but there is no point in attacking the wrong people.”

A though clicked in the teenager’s head that no one seemed to make mention. “What is bothersome is that the Kingslayers knew about the deal going down today.” She looked to both Masao and the hoshikage. “Somewhere in either of our ranks, there was a slip of information. Why else would the kingslayers be here?” Kahako looked to the two leaders, hoping that the mention of a potential traitor in their midst would calm the Hoshikage’s rage. Even if only to give the group of Kumonin more time to reason for their lives.

[MFT 300+ words]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ouch! Ouch! Ow! Impossible, that son of a bulldog cracked my ribs!", Daisuke thought as he attempted to stand after being flung back like a ragdoll. The pain he felt in his chest convinced him to stay right where he was, however. Even more so than the fact that this battle had left the chief with little clothing remaining on his body. His hat now had a gaping hole in it and his torso was completely exposed, vest aside. "My new cool clothes! My stylish hat! You ripping them to shreds! This isn’t over, you bastards!" he yelled, completely unaware of how horrible his fashion sense really was. Instead of cursing them names, perhaps a bit of gratitude was in order, though Daisuke would never see it that way. His pain was not for nothing or so he thought when he activated his lava jutsu, but somehow the two managed to escape its destructive force.

He had to admit that he was impressed the fighting prowess of his two opponents seeing as they damn near killed him so easily. It was his own fault really for underestimating such powerful foes. During the course of their fight, he managed to mentally note their particular fighting styles, but knew he had not seen the full extent of their power. "Horiucihi Yuuya, tall dark and ugly. Body type: Bulky, armor-clad male, perhaps a pure taijutsu fighter. Wields a multi-bladed spear. Incredibly fast despite his size and strong enough to knock down my bone spires with little effort. Wounds sustained: none physically. psychologically, attempted to shred his manhood, but doubt that it scared him. Next up, Shourai-san. blonde hair, Body type: slim, perhaps a ninjutsu fighter. Wields oversized playing cards, one of which produced lightning strong enough to knock a S-rank shinobi off his feet. Wounds sustained: bone spires pierced through his shoulder and leg. psychologically, none suspected. Note: he hasn’t said anything during the conflict. " he noted mentally. While normally, it would have been a lot, his memory training helped him immensely.

Realizing that he wasted too much time already, he performed a healing jutsu in an attempt to restore his ribs to normal. Once he could stand, he discarded his raggedy clothes and performed a transformation jutsu providing him with new clothing. He walked slowly to conserve his strength and rejoined the others as his teammates tried to convince the star shinobi to let them live. Daisuke only chose to saty a few words as talked still hurt his bones. "The lightning nobles are the only ones we were after. Now, preventing a war is our goal. And do you honestly think allies would fight just as I had and stab each other in the shoulder, the groin, or crack my rib cage? I want that bastard died. We all do. The enemy of our enemy is our friend. " he said, sitting down. Medical jutsu, while greatly beneficial, was a quick fix after all. Resting was still a necessary part of recovery.

[mft]
[wc: 500]

new outfit:
jediKnight_outfitting_01.jpg

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Hoshikage, Ai, continued to regard the ragged party of Cloud shinobi with a steely gaze. And had the elusive Spymaster of Kumogakure seriously introduced himself to her as “Donuts?” The sheer impertinence of the man! She shifted her grip on the hilt of her sword and considered her options. The blade’s heft bothered her as she pointed it at the group, causing her shoulders to burn in protest. The weapon had been forged from meteoric steel recovered from the sanctified impact crater at Mount Saejong, and passed from one Hoshikage to the next as a mark of their loyalty to the Haninozuka line. Its purpose was to deliver swift retribution to those who would hurt her country…but then why did it feel so wrong to wield it at the moment?

It was so easy to simply give in to anger and growing despair and simply start to attack. The Cloud Sennin was obviously weakened and in no condition to fight. The chief mednin in the ridiculous outfit was obviously wounded, and the girl in red posed no credible threat. The Spymaster himself had probably expended most of his chakra on the creation of that bone fortress as well. But even Ai could not ignore that just moments before, Yukimura Enishi – a man whose crimes included the assassination of a standing Raikage as well as the Dear Leader of Bear’s bitter enemies to the north – had essentially declared that he was no friend of these shinobi. The Kumojin in front of her were essentially saying the same thing. That they had been equally hurt by the actions of the Kingslayer.

Still, the man who had killed her King had not been one of Enishi’s rogues at all, but rather, a veteran soldier of Cloud. Of the village that the individuals in front of her represented. Ai bit her lip, walking closer to the group, still with her weapon at the ready. Could they be speaking the truth? Could this have all been an elaborate setup by Enishi to try to provoke hostilities between two nations who, while not allies, were not enemies? Such a move would destabilize the entire region, which would play into the anarchist philosophy that the Kingslayers were apparently trying to promote! A mole in Kumogakure seemed entirely likely, as the little mednin had brought up – after all, there were agents in Kumogakure who spied on the village on behalf of Bear, and vice versa.
Sennin_Av_zps4614e297.jpg

S5skwvl.png
“Hoshikage-sama,” intoned her sennin’s deep voice, breaking her out of her thoughts, and alerting her to the fact that she had apparently been unconsciously fondling the red-headed mednin’s boob!
King_Av_zps2534e700.jpg

kh0S33u.png
Sumi-masen!*” exclaimed Ai as she quickly withdrew her hand and bowed apologetically to Kitsune before shuffling a few steps away, her face crimson with embarrassment. Recomposing herself, she hefted the blade again, clearing her throat.

“No one wants war, Spymaster. His Majesty would not have wanted such a sad outcome either, even if he paid with his life,” she said, casting a brief look at the bled-out corpse of the former ruler. “But at the same time, there MUST be retribution! Someone MUST take responsibility for this!” she snarled. “Are you all willing to do that?!”

“Let my squad go, Nanasaki-sama,” now said Masao, rising to his feet. “I am the Sennin of the Main Branch of Kumogakure. I voluntarily remand myself to your custody and will accept the judgment of whatever court you deem fit to try me in. All I ask is that you release the others unharmed, and permit Takayama-taichou's body to be transported back to the Sileo Tempestas,” he said, slowly drawing his pistol-bolters and dropping them to the ground, followed by the straight, flat sword that he favored as a weapon and as a mark of rank. Ai looked back at him, conflicted.

“It would be a fair trade in my opinion, Hoshikage-sama,” rumbled Kuro approvingly. The Hoshikage sighed, grimaced, and sheathed her blade as well.

“Very well, Sennin Takaki, I accept your terms. If you attempt to resist or escape, know that we will unleash the full fury of our vengeance on all inhabitants of Lightning Country,” said Ai, shaking her head. “Restrain him, Kaibutsu-san,” she ordered to the burly man. Around her, the Bear shinobi surrounding the party lowered their crossbolters, somewhat.

As Kuro now clamped a pair of manacles on Masao’s wrists, the Cloud Sennin spoke to Do Natsu.

“Do Natsu-san. With Doctors Shinrya, Kaguya, and Higa as my witnesses, I am appointing you acting Sennin of the Main Branch. Tell Hayata-sama NOT to mount a rescue operation on my behalf. I will face the court of Bear as promised. Tell my wife…I’m sorry.”

With that, he turned to face Kuro, who motioned for him to start walking. Over the horizon, the setting sun over Azusa field seemed to engulf the grasses in flames.
Good job! You guys are done with the mission and should go back to the village and request payment. My character is also leaving the topic. Don't forget the body, guys.

*: Sumi-masen means "excuse me!" or "pardon me!" in Japanese

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune glared at the sword that was pointed right at her, while she kept on shielding Masao from harm. Then, while the Hoshikage seemed lost in thought, Kitsune noticed a hand that had been placed on her right breast, and she looked down, and then blinked a few times over the weirdness of the situation. After all, having a foreign village leader fondle you? Not normal! As she was about to point it out to the other woman, her Sennin apparently thought it was a good idea to snap her out of it by merely saying one word. And it worked. The Hoshikage withdrew her hand and gave an apologetic bow to Kitsune ”First time a foreign dignitary has done that…” Kitsune mumbled in a low tone, just loud enough for Masao to hear.

As Masao then suggested that he be taken into custody and face punishment, Kitsune straightened up a bit ”You can’t! Not without taking me as well!” she exclaimed and handed Kahako her weaponry ”If I don’t come back, I’m leaving this to you. You can just store it in the mansion for now.” she whispered to the younger med-nin before putting her contact lenses back in, and then facing Nanasaki Ai again. ”It was my decision to send my colleague here, to aid your king instead of doing it myself. Thus it’s my responsibility that we couldn’t do anything. Not that there was anything we could do, but still.”

She looked at the beast-like man, and then at the Hoshikage. ”I sincerely hope I haven’t just condemned myself to death.” she said before shaking her head. This was no time to get cold feet. That’d come later, when she was facing the proverbial music. She held out her arms, so she could be restrained as well. It was natural to assume that the Bear troops didn’t want a kunoichi of her power having her hands free. Of course, just having her hands tied up wouldn’t help them much if Kitsune decided to escape, but considering what would happen if she did decide to spring herself and Masao from their custody… Nah. Better keep it cool for now.

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsu was just about ready to smack each and every one of his companions. Running their mouths like that in front of the Hoshikage, Kitsune even going as far as threatening her, had more chance of making this end up badly rather than convince her of their sincerity. And while Kahako's words made sense, there was no reason whatsoever to point it out to these foreign Shinobi. Most everyone had probably considered it, but pointing it out so clearly made it seem as if Kumo was too easily infiltrated. And being vulnerable was not exactly Natsu liked to portray at the moment.

The woman in question, seemingly lost in thought, apparently did not pay it much mind. Whether it was due to her already having settled the idea of killing them or by being too distracted by Kitsune's ample bosom the Spymaster couldn't tell, but he prayed it was the later. Raiden seemingly smiled favorably upon them as the red-faced woman did not demand everyone's head. Only retribution, but that could come in many a way. Wracking his head, trying to come up with a favorable solution, he froze up once more at Masao's words. Jerking his head towards the man, hoping to dissuade him from the mad idea, his Sennin seemed for too determined to be talked out of it as he was already disarming himself.

Retracting that offer now would only mean insult to the Star Shinobi, something we can't afford to do. Yet there has to be another way! Think you fool! What would baby Shinbatsu do? But not even that offered him any new insights, and as the beastly Sennin rumbled his approval, the deal seemed sealed. Natsu could only look on helplessly as his own Sennin was bound. The feeling of powerlessness seemed to be a recurring one today. First the actions of Takayama and now this. Had he such bad karma?

"..I am appointing you acting Sennin of the Main Branch." Natsu wanted to scream. He could care less for the title. Kumo needed experienced leaders, with the looming threat of war even more so than ever. How could he hope to match up to Masao in such a way? Why could not he be dragged off? He might not carry the same importance, but surely they'd be happy with him as a hostage too.. Right? The further instructions were heard, though barely registered as the Spymaster nodded wordlessly. Only when the man turned did Natsu find his tongue once more. "Please survive this, Masao-sama. You have to."

Due to all of the commotion, he had barely even noticed Kitsune and her folly. Resisting the urge to facepalm just barely, he watched her get bound all the same. Hearing her final words, he wanted to tell her "I sincerely hope you haven't just condemned Masao to death." As harsh as it might've seemed, the Spymaster did not have an awful lot of love for the Med-Nin at the moment. Perhaps he was hating the wrong person and had her inability to save the King too been a plot device rather than her incapability. Perhaps he should curse the Mission Moderator. But if that simple Med-Nin would cause the death of his Sennin by her wild tongue and even wilder actions, he'd make sure she'd suffer. Some way or another.

As the Star Shinobi and company departed, Masao and Kitsune as their prisoners, Natsu turned with to the leftovers of his own group. Two Med-Nin, three bound nobles and a bunch of bodyguards. His expression turned hard as he barked his orders. "You men," he pointed at a couple of the bodyguards, "Improvise a stretcher and carry the ANBU. The others will make sure to escort their lords safely to Kumogakure. They'll be detained until the Capital sends agents to retrieve them. They'll face trial at Raiden no Me. Daisuke, Kahako, I assume you both are capable of travel on horseback, even in the current conditions?" He asked, not really waiting for an answer and instead walking over to the horses the nobles would no longer be needing. He'd have to get back to the village and quickly. Shit had gone down and they'd need to find a very experienced plumber to get them out of this mess.

[Word Count: 707]
[Marked for Training]
[Topic Left]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako held her breath. It was like the world stood still as the Hoshikage pondered their words. It was also odd that she was fondling her teacher, but fortunately the bear-like Sennin snapped her out of her odd trance. Kahako shook her head. ‘Someone was watching too much anime again.’

What happened next surprised Kahako even more than the grope-fest. As Masao threw down his weapons and accept his shackles, it took all her inner strength to not scream and beg for them not to do it. It wasn’t their fault! If anyone, it was her fault for being unable to save the king. She glanced over to the new Main Branch Sennin. She could tell that Natsu didn’t want what was happening to happen either.

”You can’t! Not without taking me as well!”

Kahako head snapped around faster than it ever had before. It was Kitsune who spoke up to go with Masao as well. Her teacher… her sensei. Kahako was stunned as Kitsune thrust the sword and whip into Kahako’s arms. ”If I don’t come back, I’m leaving this to you. You can just store it in the mansion for now.” Kahako looked in horror at her teacher as the woman’s Sharingan disappeared behind her contacts. ”It was my decision to send my colleague here, to aid your king instead of doing it myself. Thus it’s my responsibility that we couldn’t do anything. Not that there was anything we could do, but still.”

Kahako wanted to scream. She wasn’t known for throwing a tantrum, but at this moment she wanted to do nothing more than scream. Her teacher was taking the blame for her failure. ‘Don’t do it sensei! I am at fault, not you!’ she wanted to yell. But honor kept her silent. It would be shameful to deny the orders of Masao. Kumogakure would be seen as weak should she even utter a noise of protest. So she stood there in silence as the star shinobi prepared to leave the area.

Kahako watched her red-haired friend walk away in shackles. To think a mission would turn out this poorly. Kahako looked to Daisuke, the sadness apparent in her eyes. It seemed like Natsu was the first to recover as he issued his orders to everyone around him. “Hai sennin-sama.” Kahako said simply as she slipped her mask back on. Walking over to pick up Masao’s weapons, Kahako looked at Daisuke and handed them to him. “Are you okay, Taichou? You should rest. Will you be fit to ride on horseback? I can keep up on foot.” Somberly, Kahako hitched Kitsune’s sword on her back and the woman’s whip on her side. Immediately, Kahako walked over to Takayama’s body that was now on a make-shift stretcher. No one bothered to close his eyes either. Kahako moved to do so, and began her march home next to the body. After all, she needed to get Kisune’s stuff back to her house for when she returned home. A depressingly sad though hit the MiT’s mind. ‘If she ever returns.’

[Topic left: FYI, I won't be making it back with you guys]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Things had gone bad very quickly. The sennin appointed Natsu as the acting sennin while Masao sacrificed his self for the mission. To add insult to injury, the Hoshikage had the nerve to not only condemn a kumo sennin to the courts, but to then fondle and condemn another kumo ninja to the courts as well. Daisuke’s anger grew furiously and he just had to express his feelings physically or even better, mentally. "Wait one minute bitch! All we wanted were those traitorous ‘nobles’, if you can even call them that. And you have the audacity to make our sennin stand trial for your failure to protect your own king! And by the way, what type of retarded king makes shady-ass deals like this to begin with. Has it never crossed his mind that these slimy ‘nobles’ might try and betray him to another king. And then you go on to grope and arrest another one of my colleagues. That’s it." , he yelled at the top of his lungs.

His anger was now beyond measure. Everything that had occurred over the passing months seemed to have reached its boiling point within the kaguya. Losing his partner Hoshi, the various stressful responsibilities of the hospital that came along with his new rank as chief, the traitor Enishi seemingly trying to cause a goddamn war, and now the Hoshikage making both Masao and Kitsune her prisoners. All of the stress, all of the emotions came to a head and Daisuke would not allow himself to be someone’s bitch boy anymore. "To hell with that. They aren't going anywhere with you!" he said, going through a plethora of hand signs rather quickly and slamming his hands to the ground. Rage, mixed with insanity, was written all over his face as he summoned up a colossal and fearsome Abysmal Harbinger (link).

He then pulled out another small scroll and summoned his tactical assault crossbow, armed and ready to go. "I’m not screwing around, you ditsy dame! Let them go now or I'll destroy a large majority of your forces right now! You have until the count of Three! One! " he yelled, peering through the scope, aiming it at the Hoshikage’s head. He had a very powerful set of AOE type ninjutsus, like the Sol fire tempest or the Eathren magnitude, at his disposal. He had no reason to bluff. And if he were to die today, then he would do so just like all kaguyas supposedly died. He’d go out as a living weapon destined for a life of violence, dying a suitable death amongst a sea of his slain enemies.

"Two! Harpy, I’m warning you!" If his comrades made any protest towards his actions, he didn’t hear them. If his comrade rallied in support for him, he didn’t notice. The only thing his mind was set on was counting and following through with his threat. "One!", he yelled and it seemed the Hoshikage didn’t take him seriously. In the history books to follow, this moment would be known as how a dumbass kage level kunoichi died of several arrows between the eyes and heart while allowing her soldiers to be massacred. He squeezed the trigger and the following could be heard echoing in the distance: five loud claps of thunder, the roar of the harbinger, and multiple screams of people burning alive. And then he snapped back to reality.

All the actions he took up until that moment were simply a reflection of his inner desires. Desires of what he wanted to say and of what he wanted to do. In reality, he just stood there quietly, like the good little soldier his was trained to be. Still, a man could dream, couldn’t he. This was a political nightmare in truth, something of which Daisuke had no experience nor rank to be of any real use. Against a sennin of cloud, who would ever choose a common medical chief as a hostage. His rank held no weight and Masao knew that. Sacrificing his self was the only solution and while part of him wanted to protest greatly, it did bring Daisuke a bit of comfort to know that a skilled medical ninja like Kitsune would join the sennin. The way he saw it, both shinobi possessed good offensive and defensive jutsus while their professions granted them other valuable skills.

Daisuke believed that because of that, his comrades would be just fine. He wanted to believe it. He had to believe it...for the sake of his sanity. Kahako, then approached him and asked questions rooted in concern. He could see her sadness and she could see his in return. "Yes, I’m fine. And I can ride on horseback. If you change your mind, there is another horse here for you" he said climbing on the back of his horse and grabbed both the reins of his and the extra horse. Natsu took the lead followed by the body guards, the nobles, and Kahako with the dead bodies, and finally Daisuke somewhere within the mix. The return home would be swift, at least from his perspective, as there were many things Daisuke needed to get in order. "Come back alive you two and may Raiden bless you both." he thought, trekking forward towards Kumogakure.

[topic left]

harbinger image:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back