Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open I ain't wasting time.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Weather report woman said:
Welcome to the weather forecast. Now, let’s see what the weather is like today. In the north of the country, it’s very windy and cold. There is a chance of some rain too, so don’t leave home without your umbrella! The temperature is around 10º centigrade. In the east it’s rainy all day today, I’m afraid. The temperature is a bit higher, at around 13ºC. In the west and middle of the country, the weather is dry but cloudy. So no rain for you, but it is quite windy and the temperature is just 10ºC. The south of the country has the best weather today. It’s cloudy most of the time but sunny this afternoon. The temperature is around 15ºC.
Of course, this guy never watched the weather report... He had been all night inside his herbal garden, which was heated till around 20ºC. Inside the Oak District, he tried to make his way towards the shops. "Why is it so empty on the streets..." He wondered his thoughts out loud. He went with a hand through his hair to place is somewhat out of his face, but soon his question was answered. A rainfall fell upon his head and he was forced to walk in the rain. "Reminder to myself... check weather reports..." He sighed and started to walk backward. Now the shop wasn't going to be a valid option... He checked his pocket and still found enough small change for ramen. As he went towards the little shop he did wait for a moment. People were still waiting for the rain to end, once it did end... He was fully soaked. He felt his socks even being fully soaked through... Now there was a way to easily fix this... but then again, it would require a place where he could shed all of this... the other one, was to ask the owner for a towel and at least dry his hairs. "Ooi... old man... Got a spot-free and a towel..?" "Ooh- Nao-kun!" The owner sounded happy and grabbed first a towel before handing it over. "Thanks.." "Long night again. " "Yeah, and lady luck is not with me on the weather..." "YOu should have checked it!" "I know.. Ah. sorry, didn't mean to intrude your other visitor." and with that, he looked a the other.

[MFT 391]
[Open to max 3 others.]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Soon another would enter the scene soaked and dripping. It was a child just entering into the awkward years of puberty. She was a short girl with a plain face, green eyes, and long blonde hair styled in two ponytails. She wore a white blouse, which was a bad idea for this kind of weather. It seems Nao was not the only one to not check the weather before heading out. The dress clings to her body and was not as white as it once was. She uses crosses her arms over her flat chest as her face becomes as red as a tomato.

The owner gives a big old belly laugh and tosses the girl an apron. “You Ha Kuren?” The little girl gives a small nod. The man gestures his head, “Sinks over there.” Being only an academy student Kuren was very limited as to what kind of missions she could take. Dish washing may not be the most glamorous of missions but it did put money in her pocket.

Kuren did not say a word as she was too embarrassed to even speak. She quickly puts on the apron and heads behind the counter. Fortunately most of her body would be hidden behind the counter. In fact she was having some difficulty reaching for things. “Oh wait, I think I have a foot stool somewhere.” The old man bends down and grabs something from behind the counter. He sits it in front of Kuren and just like that the girl could reach the top bowl on the stack.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou would enter the scene with his pup Kashikoi at his side. It was cold and very rainy. He remembered how his parents used to tell him that rain was a blessing and we should be thankful for it. He had always liked being out in the rain and he even found that training in it offered him different challenges. Jirou pulled the hood up to cover his head and tucked his pup Kashikoi inside his jacket. Both Jirou and Kashikoi were tired and hungry after having spent most of the night in the hospital. Not ready to return home Jirou decided that they would venture into the restaurant district of the village. He hoped that Karasu would join him as well. The events from the previous night had left him with a craving for raman from the little shop he tried to frequent whenever he was able. He hoped that Karasu would like it as well. He could see that there was a girl behind the counter standing on a stool and washing dishes. He thought he recognized her from the Academy, even though he didn't know her name. He would approach closer and ask her, "You are in the Academy. My name is Jirou and this is my pup Kashikoi. It is nice to meet you. Do you work here?"

Jirou also saw and nodded to the man behind the counter. He looked down the street to see if Karasu had decided to come as well adding, "I am just waiting for a friend of mine. I don't mind the rain." He didn't see many others around. He gathered that the rain was keeping many from venturing outside in the wet stuff.​

[WC: 283]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu was running late. She was supposed to meet up with Jirou and Kashikoi to get something to eat. She was doing something for her dad and lost track of time. “Got to go dad I will see you later.” she runs out immediately hoping not to make Jirou and Kashikoi wait too much longer for her. She was humming along as she walked, a tune that her mother used to sing to her when she was a very small child. This was before she died. It gave her comfort because all the good memories always came rushing through her mind. Though she was sad at times it still made her feel happy as if her mum was with her.

As Karasu was walking she felt a drop of rain fall on her face. She looked up and saw that the clouds were now more grey. The rain started to fall more frequently and harder. She loved the rain and didn’t mind getting wet. She felt free and laughed as she was getting soaked. The weather might slow her down in meeting Jirou and Kashikoi. So Karasu continued on her way. Her home was a bit further from the district of the restaurant so it took her a bit of time. She finally made it to the Oak District where there were so many shops. She liked the variety which was far more than what she was used to. She walked along the lines of shops until she reached the one that she was supposed to meet up with Jirou and Kashikoi. She walked in and pushed her soaked white hair out of her face to see who was there. She saw Jirou and his wolf pup by the counter. There was a man with a towel drying up. She looked at herself all soaked. She wanted a towel but wasn’t sure if it was polite to ask for one. She walked toward Jirou and the wolf pup and said “Hey there I made it.” she saw a man behind the counter along with a girl who looked as if she was around Jirou and her age. “Hello” she said with a smile.

[WC: 363]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He had gotten the towel that he used to dry off. At the end of the drying eh placed it in his neck. Still standing in front of the counter. A girl followed it, completely wet too. but she started to go towards the back. Nao just gave her the space to pass along. "You don't see that all day... A girl being hired through a mission..." He sighed a little as he then started to look to the side. A boy was around... now that he looked closer, there was another with him. "You are in the Academy. My name is Jirou and this is my pup Kashikoi. It is nice to meet you. Do you work here?" "This.. will be an interesting day..." He muttered towards himself, and there was number three. Another small female. "These are just kids... In my days... kids didn't have time to lounge around. I really need to get more outside.." his thoughts, once more muttered outside and then from the old man he got his food. "A-- Thank you. Do you accept the wet paper? Because if that is the case, please treat the kids to some food to if they see fit." He said and would sit down. He knew from his own times, that money was a big thing. Small numbers meant big, but he couldn't see in their pockets. but knew his own pocket held more then enough. Yet he still completely forget to greet the second girl back. Yet the owner did accept the wet paper, as money was money. "Don't forget to properly warm yourself once you get home kids, cold creeps in faster than you think." He spoke that from his own experience being a drenched shinobi.

[ooc: Post order, Ha kuren, Jirou, Karasu. If the post time of 5 days, feel free to skip the person or ask the person next in line :))

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Kuren begins cleaning one dish of the other, she hum to herself a somber song. Whether Nao would find it familiar or not would be hard to say. Kuren loved history and often tales are passed down through song. This was a ballad of The Drowned Village. It was a song her Grandmother would sing to her and Kuren found interest in it. After reaching a certain point in the melody she would sing softly as to not to disrupt the man. However she could be clearly heard if he so choose to listen.

Under the gaze of the faces bold.
To dungeons deep, and caverns old.
We must away,'ere break of day.

To find our long forgotten gold.​

Her song was interrupted as a boy around her age came up to her and asked her a question. Kuren drops the bowl she was holding, which fell into soapy water. She was so into her own little world that she did not even notice a person had approached her. “Oh, a sorry, sort of zoned out there. My name is Kuren and yes I am a student at the academy. As for working here, only temporarily, I’m saving money for an excursion.” The reason she was singing the song was because she wants to try to find these lost riches and thus the song was on her mind. Should he be satisfied with her answer, she would go back to the task at hand and sing once more.

The pines were roaming on the height.
The winds were moaning in the night.
The rain was red, the waters spread.

The city washed away from our sight

This time she did notice the next person to arrive and with her entrance the older gentleman made a comment about the early days. She clears her throat, “I’m actually working.” She then writes something down and hands it to the owner. If the man was offering, she was not going to refuse. However what she was asking for was not ramen, but meat. She would need food for her trip and sandwiches would be easy enough to make.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou nodded to the man who had offered to pay for their food grateful as he sat down beckoning Karasu over to sit as well, "Thanks Mister. Me and Kashikoi here like it best when the rain stops or the smell in the air just before a thunderstorm. Do you like the rain, Mister... I didn't get your name." Turning towards Kuren he would ask curiously, "What sort of excursion are you saving for? Is it a mission?" Jirou was naturally curious and he watched to see this new girl's reaction when Kashikoi approaches and sniffs at her feet. He could get a measure of a person based on their reaction to Kashikoi, "I think I will just have a bowl of ramen. Not too spicy please. I don't like it real hot." Turning to Karasu he would ask her, "This real nice man has offered to pay for our food. Next time maybe we can return the favor if he lets us."
Jirou could not help but notice the somber ballad that Kuren was singing. He listened to the words and found his own thoughts drifting back to the destruction of his own village. Why was this girl singing about waters running red and the destruction of a village. He had lived through that and he would rather hear something more upbeat. He would ask Kuren trying to be as diplomatic as possible, "What song is that? I don't think I have ever heard it before. It is very sad really." That probably was not the best way to ask, but he was hoping maybe the shop had a radio that could play something less depressing. He was frowning a bit as he looked towards Karasu and the man whose name he did yet know but who had offered to pay for their food.
[WC: 305]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu looked at the man who had the towel. She couldn’t believe a total stranger would actually pay for their food. Her big blue eyes widened as she smiled at the man. “Oh thank you sir so much. We really appreciate it.” she said then looked at the man behind the counter and said “I think I will have a bowl of miso ramen with menma, pork and eggs please.” she said as she sat down next to Jirou. She petted Kashikoi before looking at the girl behind the counter. She was singing a sad song that sounded similar to what her mother would sing to her.

Memories started to rush back in her mind of when she was little and in her mother’s arms. Karasu didn’t remember all the words to the song her mum sang to her but a few words from the song that Kuren sang would ring out to her in familiarity. Karasu hugged herself and smiled thinking of the past before looking at Jirou who asked Kuren about the song. “It sounded familiar to me. Much like the song my mum would sing to me.” she said then added “Oh I’m Nakano Karasu by the way. Nice to meet you.“ she said then looked back at the guy who paid for their food. “What is your name sir? You look like someone important in the village. I’m pretty new to the village, so is Jirou and Kashikoi too. So sorry if we don’t recognize you. “ Just then the man brought the food she had ordered. “Thank you for the food!” she said then started to dig into it eating a bit faster than she wanted. She was pretty hungry and the food hit the right spot. “Oh this is delicious.” she continued to eat as if it was her very last meal.

[WC: 307]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"...Do you like the rain, Mister... I didn't get your name." Nao looked towards him and gave a little smile. "That is because I never said it." He would at the first answer. Yet after the second question, he would answer, after all, it was polite after they had given their names to Nao. "The name is Sazuki Nao. Or just simply Nao. I do not mind the rain... I do rather have it when I go home rather than going somewhere..." He would say and blow at his bowl of ramen. "So you are working for a saving... wauw going for an excursion is expensive... Hope you will make it someday. I remember when I had a dream... Didn't take long for giving up... maybe I should try it someday again." He mentioned and smiled a little which would be reflected in the broth. He didn't say much about the song... Children's voices.. tended to have a different tune to them than when older. Besides... He rather had earplugs. Personal taste!

" I’m pretty new to the village, so is Jirou and Kashikoi too. So sorry if we don’t recognize you." He perked up for a second, then waved that question away. "Don't worry, I am never really known anyways. I often operate out of the shadows, not like the ANBU, but in the medical branch. Right now I am the founder of the Herbal gardens we have, those for medicine, antidote, and poisons..." He would say. "I already noticed a rumor regards me... They say I am a "phantom Medic." I mean... it would be logic as I think the other Medical sennin and the Chiefs have forgotten about me... I guess everyone..." And with that, he sighed and slurped a noodle in. "At this point... I do not know really what rank I am holding."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“I’m an archaeologist… a person who studies human history and prehistory through the excavation of sites and the analysis of artifacts.” Or so she likes to claim as she is too young to be the real deal. However she does have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject. “I seek to discover ruins of the drowned village.” A thousand years ago a village prospered and thrived. Its military was large and its people were wealthy, and the lives they all lead seemed to be happy ones. A great mountain in the backdrop, with faces carved upon it stood as testament to their skill. This grandiosity had come at a price. The wrath of the Goddess herself in the form of red rain. It persisted for days, then months and the people fled.

Suddenly Kuren would look down as she notices something was at her feet. “Hey now.” She runs her hand in water, pulls it out and flicks her wrist towards the young pup. Droplets of water would come raining down on the canine. “Only working staff behind the counter, please. Be a good boy and return to your master.”

It warms Kuren’s heart to hear that someone else found familiarity in her song. “My grandmother use to sing it to me. It is the reason I came to this village.” Just like Karasu and Jirou, she too is new to the village. Kuren was born and raised in Crater City. “The song is a ballad of The Drowned Village. Have you heard of such a place before?” Kuren even glances over to Nao for this question. Kuren has come to the realization that most people don’t care about ancient history.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou listens with keen interest to what Kuren has to say about artifacts and her study of them finally asking when she pauses, "When you find artifacts and such what do you hope to learn about the people who lived there. Do the things you find tell you why people left or what may have happened to the city to make it just come to an end?" Jirou was most curious about what might be learned about the bandits who came and destroyed his village, "I have not heard of the Drowned Village before. Do you know why all the people left? It does sound like a very sad song, so I can imagine that the village met a very bad fate. Probably a lot worse than even bandits," he muses more to himself.
Looking over towards what Kashikoi had got up to. Jirou snaps his fingers and calls over to him, "Kashikoi, come on over here and I will sharemy food with you. Don't bother her work behind the counter." Once Kashikoi is obediently back by Jirou's side after barking at the water flicked towards him in defiance Jirou bends down and picks him up, "That's a good boy. I know you want some of my food too. You really are very spoiled at times you know that?" Kashikoi barks happily once and licks his boy's face in understanding. Jirou has to laugh before setting Kashikoi back down and turning to hear the answers to his just asked questions. He liked History, Ancient or otherwise, as he thought that there was a lot to be learned about past mistakes. Maybe even can learn from the mistakes made in the past and do better in the present moment.
As the food is at last set down before him Jirou picks up the chopsticks and starts to eat with great fervor. He was quite hungry and very thankful that his meal was being paid for, "Thank you for paying for the food, Sazuki Nao san. What is a phantom medic exactly? I would not mind visiting your Herbal gardens sometime if that would be okay. What rank did you have before if you do not mind me asking Sazuki Nao san? I sure won't forget you now that we have met. Maybe others likewise still remember you." Jirou is careful to leave part of the meal in the bottom of the bowl for Kashikoi that he now sets it down on the floor for him to finish watching as he in typical growing pup form cleans the bowl of every last crumb, "Now it is time for your share boy. Enjoy."
[WC: 439]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu was eating her food and listening as Nao introduced himself. She turned around when Nao mentioned he was not only in the medical branch he said he was a phantom medic. Karasu stopped eating and turned her head to Nao. She had never heard of a phantom medic. “What is a phantom medic?” she asked, making a baffled expression on her face. “It sounds like you are some ghost which of course you are obviously not.” she said “I guess being invisible in a room full of people can feel like you are a phantom.” she took a bite of her food then after she swallowed she replied “I know how that feels. “

She turned to Kuren and studied the young girl. She said she was an archaeologist but Karasu doubted it being that Kuren looked so young. “Why you are no older than Jirou and me. Now that doesn’t mean you don’t have an interest in it. The drowned village sounds sad and telling. I heard of something similar from my mum ,but it does sound like many villages I have heard of. I suppose the drowned village is a symbol of what happens in many villages. Things that are usually said to be myths usually have some truth to them. So it’s possible it does exist but it may not be the exact story you may have heard about “ she shrugged her shoulders then took another bite. She listened as Jirou asked a bunch of questions on the drowned village. With Karasu’s personal experience she would gather that bandits not anything mythical was why it was destroyed. Maybe even a war could have been a reason. She knew that smaller more impoverished villages were easily destroyed because the main villages that were much larger had brought their wars there. She smiled at Kashikoi as the wolf pup wanted some food.

Karasu was starting to get full. She drank the remaining soup that was in the bowl before relaxing, rubbing her tummy. “Ahh that hit the spot now I can do with a nice nap.” she giggled.

[WC: 349]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“The song is a ballad of The Drowned Village. Have you heard of such a place before?” Nao placed down his chopsticks as he wanted to answer this question. "I am afraid not much... but from what I did pick up from my academy days and history classes... Is that a village was soaked till no helping it. I believe it is a story that happened thousands of years ago and took place over a time span of 250... The other word for the drowned village is the Ghost village... but That is kind of all I can come up with." He was honest as he never really paid much attention and that was kind of what was stuck in his mind.
"Thank you for paying for the food, Sazuki Nao san. What is a phantom medic exactly? I would not mind visiting your Herbal gardens sometimes if that would be okay. What rank did you have before if you do not mind me asking Sazuki Nao san? I sure won't forget you now that we have met. Maybe others likewise still remember you." What is a phantom medic? It sounds like you are some ghost which of course you are obviously not.” Nao looked towards his noodles that started to turn colder by the minute. "There are many nouns for a Phantom. One for being a ghost. But also a Phantom can refer to something that is done by an unknown person." He took a moment to look at them one by one. "I am not sure, it can be that they simply forgot me in and around the branch. I am like a ghost because no one really notices me. yet I also do things and nobody knows it was done by me. Guess that explains mainly why." He then turned to Jirou to react to his last part. "I went from Academy Student to Genin, from Genin to Medical in Training... and that wasn't too much fun back in the day. Glad those things changed. I was promoted to Medical and after that went into the research branch, I made the botanical part flourish with the introduction of the herbal garden. Eventually being promoted to Medical Chief." He would explain and then finally take a bite of his lukewarm food now.

"And please, don't worry about me paying food for someone. I remember my academy days, you had a pocket change of the parents and the money you got from missions... It was never a lot, and the candy wasn't cheap either. So please, take it when it is warm." He would encourage them to eat too as he then also had a small break to finish his bowl..

OOC said:
Please note, this topic is before the official announcement of Nao reaching Sennin-rank.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The boy had quite a bit of questions for her and she gets the feeling there is a motive behind them. "When you find artifacts and such what do you hope to learn about the people who lived there ?" There was a curiosity much different from hers. He has a hunger for knowledge in this aspect, but not for knowledge sake. “What I hope to learn depends of the artifact.” It was as accurate of a statement as she could muster. She does not expect to learn things unrelated to the item. "Do the things you find tell you why people left or what may have happened to the city to make it just come to an end?" Kuren pauses for a moment. “I cannot honestly say as I have yet to come across a truly abandon village.”

Kuren was born within the Crater City, The City of Thieves. This was home to people who perform less than honorable acts and Kuren was no exception to that. Under the shroud of night she would go out shovel at hand to the graveyard. Digging up graves was an exhausting task, but she often found it rewarding. Some of these graves have been there for hundreds of years and each body she uncovers tells a story. She often calls herself an archeologist and claims her acts were in the pursuit of knowledge.

“I um, you see…”
Kuren gives an audible sigh, takes a deep breath and does her best to compose herself. “Most of my excavations have been burial sites.” Kuren hopes they don’t dig too deep into that. There seems to be quite a difference between digging up an abandoned graveyard and a currently being used cemetery. “They say a dead man tells no tale, but I beg to differ.” How the body is positioned, the condition of the body, where the body is buried and what is buried with the body tell her much and more.

“Nao is very much correct.”
Though he was leaving out the most important part. Kuren said the song was about the drown village and that this song was the reason she came here. The Village’s actual name was Konohagakure. Apart from the mountain most ruins of this ancient city is likely under their feet. Kuren was planning on revealing this fact but something else caught her interest. “Forgive me if this is a sensitive topic, but your questions seem leading. Is there some place you wish to learn more about?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou looked toward Nao understanding better what he meant by 'Phantom Medic' saying to him in agreement, "It is easy to be forgotten about when you are not around. You are around now so I would guess you are no longer a phantom or ghost now. Sometimes when I get ignored in a group of others it makes me wonder if I am a ghost. It isn't much fun to be ignored even when you are saying something."

He smiles and stops speaking rather abruptly when it dawns on him what Kuren just said. She excavates burial sights. That means she digs up graves. He decides to press the matter even further asking, "Did I hear you right? You said that you excavate burial sites. That means that you dig up graves with dead bodies in them. You say that the dead can tell you a lot. What type of things do you learn by probing at dead bodies?" He is glad he had already finished eating, since the conversation had now turned rather stomach churning.​

On remembering that Kuren had said that this was the very reason why she came here, Jirou could not help but wonder if Kuren was going grave digging in the village cemetery. Being curious and wishing an answer to what he is thinking Jirou asks her, "If the Drowned Village is why you came here, then where exactly are you digging up graves?" Jirou thought back to his own village and he wondered if his parents even had graves. Had someone come along afterwards to bury the dead? Were they just left where they fell for the carrion birds? Would there be someone who went to that village cemetery to dig up their graves? He frowned not really liking the idea that there might be someone out there digging up the graves of his parents to learn what happened to them. It seemed to him to be intrusive. After several moments he asks, "What about the people who are buried there or their families? Maybe the families might not like having their dead relatives dug up like that. Have you thought about that?" Jirou didn't think that the knowledge gained from digging up graves could lead to anything good. As an afterthought he also asks Kuren, "Do you take things that you find in the graves too?" Was Kuren also a grave robber?

[WC: 398]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu listened to Nao as he explained what a phantom medic was. There were various nouns for it but it seemed as though Nao meant that he was forgotten in the medical branch. She nodded as she continued to listen. She understood how he felt though things have improved immensely since she moved to the Leaf Village. Her fears of how others would react to her had not been so much of an issue here in this village like it was in others. She heard Jirou speak about being ignored. She looked at him with a solemn face because his words had an impact on her.

“I promise to never ignore you Jirou.” she told her friend hoping he believed her words. She turned to Kuren when Jirou started to ask her questions about digging up graves. She became a bit uneasy as she pushed her plate aside once she finished her food. She didn’t like hearing about graves sites being excavated even if it was for knowledge. It felt wrong to her. She started to voice her concerns but Jirou had said his own concerns first, which were the same reflection as her own.

“I’m sorry but I have to agree with Jirou. I understand you want to learn about the past, but digging up graves seems really wrong. I just believe that the resting souls that left this world behind should be left alone. Rest in peace is always a term people say, but how can they if their graves are being dug up” She paused then said “ I know they don’t care about the material things now that they are dead, but their families and loved ones do care. I didn’t get to bury my mum but I know that if someone dug her grave up it would make me very angry. I can only imagine other families being the same way if they knew. Now i know that some are very old but i still don’t think that gives anyone the right to disturb their graves. “ she said emphatically.

Karasu didn’t want to come off as being harsh but she truly believed this. She couldn’t help but think of her mother if that situation had happened to her. She may be a minority on the issue but she felt she needed to get that off her chest. She looked at Jirou who she felt might understand how she felt on the subject.

[WC: 406]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Forgive me if this is a sensitive topic, but your questions seem leading. Is there some place you wish to learn more about?” As they started to talk with each other... Nao thought of this moment as a good moment to eat up his meal. He looked towards each of them as they started to talk. Listening well to their words.
He quickly had his bowl empty and he thanked the owner for the amazing meal and would like to end with their famous tea. "Kuren, was it right?" He questioned and would look towards the small female behind the counter. "This might just be one of those shower thoughts... But... How long does someone have to be dead before it's considered archeology instead of grave robbing??" He asked him calmly before even wondering what happened before with all her jibberish. And he got his tea.. he started to blow it to cool it down faster, watching them all. Was he being to plain?

ooc said:
Didn't really know what to write, sorry you all D:

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Even the shop owner expressed his displeasure echoing the two kids. Kuren having finished the dishes she was doing the entire time, dries her hands and sits next to Jirou. Pulling out a note book she make some notes. “Interesting.” Kuren was hesitated about bringing up her past as she knew some disagreed with her actions, but not in the way they are expressing now. She expected disgust for being a scavenger or someone so weak that they would steal from the dead instead of the living. Kuren was not a bad person, but just grew up in a bad environment. Her moral compass was eschewed due to this. “May I assume this is the normal belief among the rest of the village?” She will have to make note of this before Memorial Stone Gardens. “It was an acceptable practice from where I’m from, though deemed the actions of a weakling.” Kuren flips to an empty page to her book and sits it down on the table.

“Now let’s get back to the topic.” Kuren pondered for a moment on how to best to explain what she does. She thinks a theoretical example might help. Jirou previously asked her about an abandon village and mentions something about bandits. “Let’s say for example we have a village that was slaughtered by bandits. Completely wiped but one survivor to tell the tale.” Kuren draws a village on the page with stick figures. “I expect valuables to be stolen and the place to be a mess. If obvious valuables was still there and minimal mess. I suspect this was a hired hit.”

Kuren flips a page draws a single stick figure. “The body can give you an idea of the skill of the attacker.” Kuren quickly looks up towards Nao. “Amount of time is irrelevant.” Archeology is the study of human history and recent events are still history. “If the person looks killed with a single stroke, probably pretty skilled. If no one was killed from behind in an entire village that suggests some sort of honor code. How the bodies were treated afterwards is also telling. Burned or buried often suggests a belief in an afterlife. Of course a body of a bandit would provide ample information with how they are dressed or what weapons they carry.” Kuren gives a deep sigh as she feels like she not exactly explaining this well. “I feel like this would be easier to show rather than tell.”

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Kuren sits down beside him Jirou looks over at her and comments, "I am not sure it is a normal belief for absolutely everyone else in the village. I can't really speak for everyone else especially since the village where you came from holds it to be acceptable though as you have just said yourself these are 'the actions of a weakling'. For me though the fact remains that you are going into a graveyard and digging up graves for the purpose of gaining some knowledge about what happened there or even taking valuables. Have you asked the families before you go digging up the graves of their loved ones? I would not want the graves of my parents, for example, dug up by a stranger looking for knowledge. I don't think that many would like that."

Jirou has quite a lot to say on this. He is feeling angry and Kashikoi sensing his emotions whimpers a bit and starts to lick Jirou's hand wanting pets. Jirou picks the pup up and smiles at him adding, "It's okay boy. Don't worry." Stroking the pup to reassure him he then continues turning back towards Kuren, "I agree with Karasu. The dead should not be disturbed out of respect for the fact that the person lost their life and left loved ones behind. Some graves and tombs even have curses directed at any who would disturb the rest of the deceased. Do you believe in an afterlife yourself? I wonder how you would like it if you had died and someone like yourself came along and started poking at your remains. As for the example that you gave I understand that a bit too well since bandits slaughtered my parents and village on my birthday. Kashikoi and I barely escaped with our lives. I don't even know if my own parents got a proper burial or if they were left out for the carrion birds. I have not been back. Does it even matter if it was a hired hit or if it was a gang of bandits killing for the sake of killing? My parents are dead and I would like them to be able to find whatever rest that they can in the afterlife. I don't want you or anyone else seeking knowledge to go poking around at their remains." Jirou and Kashikoi would learn the details themselves and they would bring those responsible to justice. This is why he was not forthcoming with the name of the village. As he spoke a tear dropped down his cheek the pain still very keen at what had happened. He would wipe his nose after saying his peace and hope that the tear was not seen.

It made him angry this quest for knowledge with no real concern for those touched by tragedy. Knowledge was all well and good but sometimes one could go too far. Digging up graves even recent ones had struck a chord with him, "How can you say that the amount of time is irrelevant? Would you dig up the grave of someone who was buried just yesterday as well? The ground is still soft and wet with the tears of those who have mourned the passing. How can you or anyone think that this is acceptable?" Jirou stood firm on his convictions as this was something he felt very strongly about.

[WC: 563]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu listened as the topic turned to Kuren’s occupation or at least her interest. It was very concerning to Karasu as she gave her opinion on the matter. It seemed that Nao got in on the topic too by asking a question to Kuren. So all eyes were on the girl behind the counter. Karasu realized it would seem intimidating to some. She never meant for it to be that way. It’s just that the subject felt intrusive to Karasu. The young girl tried to explain herself by making a hypothetical situation. Unfortunately it hit harder because this is what happened to Jirou. She remembered her friend telling her about his life after they got to know each other and he saved her life.

She wasn’t sure how Jirou would respond to the example that Kuren had mentioned. Jirou voiced his opinion and to her surprise told them about how his family died. Karasu could see that he was angry. She didn’t blame him as she looked on to her friend. She saw the tear running down his face and Kashikoi whimpering. Karasu’s heart went out to him. She wanted to make him feel better so the only thing she knew to do is put a hand on his shoulder while her other hand petted Kashikoi. “I understand, it will be ok.” she told him, hoping to console her friend. Karasu thought about what Kuren had said to get a better understanding of what the girl meant. She talked about the body being able to give an idea on the skill of an attacker. It seemed to lean toward more like autopsy. Karasu spoke up.

“I think the difference between digging up graves to know the past and learning about a recent death is that in the present time it is most likely more vital for recent events to capture those behind a murder. That’s where Medical Ninja work together with Anbu or the Main Branch to figure out a case. Usually in an autopsy it’s done before a burial and if the person was buried first then I would imagine that permission from the family is given to be able to dig up the grave for information.“ Karasu turned to Nao and said “Please correct me if I’m wrong. I figured since you are a Med Nin that you would be the one to address the difference between the two better than any of us could. “

She considered going into the medical field but it didn’t feel right knowing that her goals were not able to be achieved if she went into that branch. Plus working with dead bodies wasn’t exactly her thing. Though she had to admit wanting to heal and help others was appealing to her.

[WC: 459]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back