Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

I Brought Help!

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Continued from here
Sagasu Yume said:
He simply did what I asked of him. I wanted to be left there so he made sure I wasn’t alone aside from CuRua. Oji-san and Shinji are surprisingly alike but not in mannerism. They were both rejected by the clan and are the only family I have. Shinji’s less than savoury mannerisms are unique to him, though.</COLOR><i></i>

She flashed a wistful smile to Mako. It would seem that she was warming up to the woman, though she tried to keep in mind the warning she had just been given to trust no one. There had to be limits to that, right? Certainly the direct relatives of the Steward, the household that was designated to care for the village, could be trusted well enough? She knew she wasn’t ‘safe’ but she could trust the words of the veteran.

The mednin couldn’t refute the logic of productivity. Her abilities would be better used at the hospital, at least to get things under control and manage triage. She could get things running in a system and then head off to work with Mako. For a moment she was tempted to refuse to see what it would feel like to be hypnotized but prudence told her that now was not the time for her curiosities. Conceding to go, she nodded and swept her arm in a ‘lead the way’ fashion. Falling into step beside the older woman, Yume spoke her mind once more.

I doubt you could cause a rift between us. Only two people can cause a rift between themselves. If it is through actions of another, the blame is misplaced. And I understand the depth that disappointment can carry. I don’t ever really remember my parents getting mad at me, but I remember their disappointment if I was ever out of line. It was rare but left an impact not soon forgotten. I’ll help him get on track and then we can work on a plan to get your grandson back. You have field training, don’t you? I’m sure the extra pair of hands for basic mending would be helpful. That way I can focus on more serious injuries and returning the hospital to order.

She tried to be quiet for the rest of the short walk to Omni Prime, allowing Mako to speak of any thing she desired. Crossing the threshold of the Emergency room opened up a whole new world. Nurses were running to and fro, people were being categorized into minor, major, severe, and critical categories and being treated accordingly. It didn’t take long for them to draw the attention of one of Yume’s contemporaries. A tall woman in a pencil skirt and a lab coat made her way to them with a high wave.

<COLOR color="#FF0088">Hola, bitches. I see you decided to crawl out of your hole and help people.

Not now, Miago. I’m really not in the mood for jovial remarks. You’ve been keeping busy I see. Who needs attention first?

I missed you too. Anyway, they all need attention and as quick as possible. There was a show down at Olgav’s. The brothers are fine but some civilians were caught in the commotion, and then there’s the explosion that took out the gates. Most got away with deep cuts and a few had broken bones but one took a rock to the head and there is severe swelling. I’ve given him an anti-inflammatory through IV and he’s out cold. If pressure isn’t relived soon, he’ll hemorrhage.

While they had talked, they had made their way to the nurses’ station where Yume could shrug on a clean lab coat and wash up. She would need to put on a proper medical uniform if she was going to perform a surgery, but it was enough to designate her as on duty for now. With a nod, Yume consented to taking on the patient and headed off down the hall to get washed up, returning a moment later with her hair bound up and proper OR scrubs on.

Stay with Mako. I can’t have you behind the sterile shield.

Got it…

CuRua would trot after the veteran and Yume would get it work. It wasn’t a difficult job for someone who was water adept, but dealing with the nervous and vascular systems always required immense concentration. She had used many of these techniques over the past few weeks, however her subjects had already been dead. It was slightly foreign to try and keep someone alive again. The minor lesions were attended to by the nurses and Yume was left to drain the cerebrospinal fluid and redirect blood flow away from the inflamed areas. After a tedious two hours trying to get him to maintain a stable condition, Yume emerged slightly more exhausted than before but feeling better after helping. Wiping off her face with a damp towel, she seeks out Mako and CuRua to check in.

Any news?

[MFT; WC: 819]

Mako and Yume made it back to the hospital. The trip had no problems. No fights. No thugs. No violence. It almost made Mako wish they had run into someone or something. She really wanted to pummel something or destroy her or his mind, all she needed was a good reason to do so. When Yume asked if Mako had field training, the veteran shrugged as best she could. "Kind of hard with one arm. I can hold people down, or ... bandage them. Nothing fancy mind you. My daughter is the one who trained more in that field. Granted that Judori trumps us both there, but you would trump Judori."<i></i>

They were greeted by Miago. Mako said nothing. She gave Miago the evil eye. "You wanna make something of this tramp?"<i></i> The veteran wasn't going to put up with being called a bitch. Mako could call own self a bitch, but another? Heeeelllll no. As Yume and the tramp walked away from the two Mako shook her head. She looked down at Curua. "Huh. Forgot about you. Sousuke has all sorts of pictures of you in his drawing room. They look nice, couldn't figure out what the heck he was drawin'. Well, he's got that dog now too... or rather his puppet-stove-thing turned into a dog because of some sort of malfunction at Keystone. He draws pictures of her too."<i></i> Mako patted herself down. "Where's my smokes... damn. I could use one right now--"<i></i>

As Mako looked for her smokes, another female would approach them. This one wore red leathers. Mako bit her lip as she approached. The two females almost looked like twins, except one of them was younger by a few decades, and wasn't missing limbs or an eye. The female was hooded, but she too had purple hair like Mako. "Picked a fight and won honey?"<i></i> Mako inquired with a form of venom in her voice.

"I see Hell spat you out again. How did you get Yume back? If you so much as hypnotized her I will cut you."<i></i> Chiyoko threatened. It very much seemed like things were going to come to blows and quickly. By this time, Yume had come back to check on the three of them. "Ah. Yume. Good to see you! Did my mother here mind control you back here? She's a terrible liar."<i></i>

"Shut up. I did no such thing."<i></i> Mako answered back.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
CuRua often wondered why he was so submissive to Yume. Certainly there was the dynamic of her being human and generally it was the clan member that led the relationship. But after spending the last month with her cooped up in Keystone, he wondered why he never left or tried to have Shinji come and take her home. Sure her new ‘Uncle’ came to visit regularly enough to keep tabs on her but if the fox was honest about the scenario, there was a selfish part of him that enjoyed it being just the two of them. No human fellows trying to sweep her away; just the two pack members. He would begrudgingly admit that Sousuke was good for her but that wouldn’t make him less jealous, especially when their relationship would progress.

His expressions and ear-twitches would let Mako know that he understood what she said and giving his tail a little wag as she brought up the pictures that Sousuke had drawn. Sniffing the air, he tries to help her find her cigarettes; though he loathes the habit for the havoc it played on the senses, he wanted to be helpful. Instinct kicked in a moment later as the air became charged and his fur stood on end. Arching his back, he made a few side steps until he was under a chair, keeping the two women in his line of sight as they exchanged their words.

I just spent a cycle of days with a deranged companion and we emerge to this. I know the village is in anarchy but vixens be crazy.</I><I>

I wasn’t deranged. It was a break from reality, that’s all.

I’m just glad you’re okay and I stand by my statement. I’m glad you and Kara got along.

Her presence was notice immediately upon her approach. Greeting the matriarch of the village with a bow and a smile the mednin shook her head and let out a small bit of laughter. The notes were music to the fox, calming him enough to come out from under the chair and spring onto Yume’s shoulders.

Not to my recollection. I’m very familiar with will-altering Genjutsu and I felt no such effects. I am here by choice. How are you faring, Lady Chiyoko?

Despite being greeted so casually, it was difficult for Yume to return in kind. She had made the acquaintance of the Takahashi’s briefly before but wasn’t certain if that was enough to be informal with them or not. It probably seemed silly given her familiarity with the Steward but people weren’t with out their eccentricities it would seem. A familiar scent would catch her nose and Yume and CuRua would turn their heads in unison toward the entrance. For a moment, she braced herself in the event that the source of the smell was being admitted but when she saw Shinji and Ika striding towards them in full health, she ran to meet them. Crouching down a little, the elder Sagasu would throw his arms around his sister and spin her around as they would do when she was a kid. Her feet hung an entire foot off the ground as the siblings embraced; nervous laughter and tears accompanying the moment. CuRua had abandoned his perch before the hug commence and stood in front of Ika unsure of what to do.

Forgive me for not hugging you… I’m just not…

It’s fine. I’d rather you didn’t

With a snort of laughter, the two canines would bump heads; their own way of saying that they missed the other. Bringing his sister back down, Shinji ruffles her hair and kisses her forehead. With a hurried hand he wipes away any tears that had formed as he looked around and noticed the audience. In an effort to save face, he swaggers over to the nurses station where Miago was amending files with her notes.

Hey Miago, Ever consider wearing a skirt made out of carpet? I’d like to see it on my floor.

Oh, I bet you thought that was cleaver. No offence to your sister, but you don’t make enough for me to be interested in you and even if you did, you’re a pig.

So you’re a vegetarian now? When did that happen?

I’m considering it.

Well, you work in the right place then.

Having no comment on his last remark, Miago flips her middle finger at him and carries on with her work. His mouth opens to reply but the dialog was brought to a halt by Ika sinking her teeth into his ankle and Yume slapping the back of his head with an open palm. Grabbing him by the elbow, she pulls him back to where the two women were, spouting apologies for her brother’s behaviour. Seeing the daggers in the women’s eyes, he clears his throat and looks down at his sister, resting his hand gently on her head.

Look Lotus, Ika and I should be getting back to things but we caught your scent and wanted to see if you were okay. We’ve been worried about you… considering the way we parted. We knew you were in Keystone and managed to sneak in a few times but CuRua always stopped us… told us you weren’t feeling well.

The fox hung his head with embarrassment. It was true that he had turned them away. He didn’t want Shinji to see Yume in such a state and he wasn’t entirely certain that Yume wouldn’t try to kill him, among other things. Offering her cohort an understanding glance, she looks up to her brother with a reassuring smile, taking his hands in hers.

It’s okay. CuRua was taking care of me and I had a frequent guest. I hope to tell you of our Uncle but now is not the time for that. I hope to see you and Ika tonight but I may be here longer than expected.</B><i></i>

Taking her hands in his, he gives her another kiss on the forehead before hugging her close once more. While their hands were clasped, he presses the note into her palm without making a show of it. Her hand tensed as it enclosed on the rough paper and balled into a fist to keep it hidden. For a second they shared a knowing glance and a fond smile; There was a lot that could be said without words and this said everything from Hello and goodbye to I missed you and I love you. Offering a bow to Chiyoko and Mako, he takes a few steps back before leaving in a hurry; instinct told him that staying longer would be unwise.

[Shinji leaves unless stopped]

Turning back to her company, Yume stepped in close to use their three bodies as a shield as she read the letter that had been handed to her. At first she wondered if she had imagined the scent that lingered on the paper but after scanning its contents, she knew that she had not been wrong. Stuffing it quickly in her pocket she looked to the older women with a sense of urgency clear on her face.

<B>Please apologize to Judori-san but I must depart. I promise to come back and help, but I have... family matters to attend to. Pleas understand.

Not waiting for a reply, she mirrors her brother's deep bow and rapid departure, heading for the Toraono Dojo with all haste.

[Topic Left]

OOC: Miago and Ika's colours are too close x_x

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back