Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

I Can't Read. [Open]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Today would be the mark of a special occasion as this was not the first, but the second time Cereza had set foot into a library. Books really just weren't her thing. Whether they were picture books, culture books, cooking books, novels, nothing really made her want to read them. Cereza was very smart, but she was smart from having lived and experience, not for having read about it. In fact, the last time she had read something, she found herself fighting for control of her body from some stupid self proclaimed ancient goddess and that was just plain ridiculous. So, if reading wasn't the highest up on her charts of tasks, why exactly had she stepped into Kumogakure's fantastic library? It was a simply thought really. Cereza had thought of her husband. He was a teacher, a culturalist, a linguist, a learner. He loved book knowledge, rather than experience. So, maybe while they were here, Cereza could do something nice for him.

The library was larger than expected, though she did seem to prefer Kiri's library over this one. At least she could watch the fish go by or the occasional shark gobble up a meal. It's always funny when they run into the glass. A slight chuckle left her as she made her way along the rows and rows of books. She had to be careful, as they had been visiting here for quite some time now. How long had it been? Four months? Well, indication enough could be seen from her large, swelled pregnant stomach. You could definitely tell she was having twins. She looked like she was either close to, or about to pop. Still, she waddled along her way, no one really stopping her. She wore casual attire, not one usually befitting a Shinobi. It consisted of a simply blue blouse, loose black trousers, and simple reading glasses. Cereza didn't much care for them, but they looked good and helped her read. Rozan still thought they were fakes.

Cereza grabbed one or two books at random from the bookshelves, and sat down at a table, well, as best she could. Sitting at all these days was a challenge in itself. She felt two kicks to emphasize the point. Giving another quiet laugh, she rubbed her stomach to sooth her unborn children. "Yes, Mommy knows you two are ready to see her and Daddy. Just a little longer." Without anymore delays, she opened one of the books, that she thought was a book on pediatrics. It seemed like a subject that would come in handy for taking care of the two babies. Alas, as she opened one of the books, she became absolutely confused. "I...I can't read any of this. I know I can read! I specifically remember reading Rozan that embarassing story in the newspaper about his arm falling off in public, causing an old lady to keel over and hit a papaya stand. Why can't I read this!"

She stopped for a moment, completely having forgot this was not Kiri, and in fact, NOT their library. It was silly of her to assume she'd be able to understand everything here. Kiri had it's own language, so it's not unbelievable that Kumo would too. Cereza looked around the big library, wondering if she could get someone's attention to come assist her. Regardless, she would like someone to help her with this subject, and maybe help her understand some of this odd language so that she could read more than just the one book. She waved her hand around to gain someone's attention. "Excuse me, could someone assist me? I'm afraid I need some help reading this."

WC: 610

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Unlike Cereza, Shimete was an avid reader. However, most of the books she read were stories. Mythology and folklore were her favorite subjects; nothing was quite as fun as finding out about another person’s culture and beliefs. With her in the library followed Kirito beside her. Kirito preferred older material; those written in the ancient Kumo language. He learned the language from Moro who lived during the time when it was common speech. As Cereza goes looking for a person to help her she would find the little maid girl pointing at a book on the top shelf. She then flicks her wrist back and the book simply flies into her hands as if by magic. In truth it was a simple puppeteer trick called zip-line. Cereza might remember her from the festival a few months ago. Shimete looks over at the woman with the large round stomach. “Hello, do you need something?” She asks not recognizing Cereza due to obvious changes in appearance, but yet she did seem familiar somehow.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Something caught Cereza's eyes as she carried the book in her hand in search of help. It was a young female, who had easily acquired a book from the upper shelves with no problems whatsoever. She hadn't even had to touch the book in order to get it either. Odd. But not as odd as the beast beside her. She didn't know that libraries allowed animals in here. Even stranger. But, hey, this was a different place after all, so who was she to judge? Upon looking closer, Cereza remembered something about that animal, which led to her remembering something about the girl in the maid outfit too. She grinned and had to strain hard to hold in a laugh. This was the wolf that Megami had been interested in at the festival sometime back. She wondered if they had seen each other after that. And the girl, Yun had been talking to her while Cereza was in the tank. Yes, while it had been some time, Cereza remembered this pair.

As Shimete asked her if she needed something, Cereza looked up for a second, blinking, before realization came back into her face. "Huh...Oh right, yeah. Sorry, you just looked familiar, so I was trying to remember where I've seen you from. I'm not sure if you remember me, but I ran a booth with Inuzuka Yun at the festival. My name's Cereza. I believe your companion knows Megami." Cereza winked at Kirito, wondering if there would be any puppies soon. Yun would probably go crazy over that. Ah well, that was not the purpose of this particular interaction. "Anyway, I could use some help actually. My husband and I are visiting here. We're from Kirigakure. I was trying to read some of the books here, on topics such as pediatrics, Kumo cuisine, myths or legends, things like that, so I could learn more about this culture, but I can't really read anything. I'm not familiar with this language." Cereza looked back down at the books in her hands and the unfamiliar language. "I have quite a few I wish to read. I'm looking for someone that can help me understand the language, so that I can translate these for my husband. I'd be able to teach my homeland's language in return." Cereza paused, waiting to see if Shimete had any insight on helping her. Her husband had done so much in making sure she had what she wanted, perhaps she could finally do the same for him.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete was a bit confused what she was trying to ask of her. “what?” She couldn’t understand the languages? What does she mean for cleanly they were using the same language now talking to each other. The villages are able to send messages to each other that they understand. The written language cannot be that different. True the writing style might be a little different from the transfer from Vulgar to the common language of today, but she should still be able to read it. Unless she was trying to read something in Vulgar, the Ancient Kumo language. If it was Vulgar she could not help her. Only members of the village are privileged to learn it and Shimete herself does not know it. She takes a random book from Cereza and it wasn’t in Vulgar or Common. “Banalhan! The Durgen’len Language?!” This was the ancient druid language of her clan. From what she could tell it was a book of rituals. “This is written in the Durgen’len language. Durgen’len translates to children of the earth. They were druids and my ancestors. Where in the library did you find this?” This was quite a find; she just wished she knew more about the language.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Apparently Cereza was more incapable at identifying foreign written language than she had originally though. As one of the books was taken from her hands, she continued to look at the others. They were slightly dusty and they definitely weren't written in Common or Mizugo, so they were at least of a different language. Shimete suddenly seemed to be excited about the book she had taken from Cereza's stack, but she didn't really understand why. She didn't even know what a Durgen’len was. Cereza placed the other books she held on a shelf, before returning her attention to the girl. She seemed to want to know more of how Cereza had acquired the tome. Cereza just kind of looked at her oddly and pointed to some dusty shelves at the back of the library. "Um, I just kind of grabbed some of the books from the back. I just wanted to learn more about the cultures from here, so it didn't really matter what I picked up. Are these...important or something? I'm not really familiar with anything from here." Cereza looked around the library, wondering what else this large place held. Maybe she could get permission from someone to take a couple books home from here. Rozan would certainly like one as a present of some sort.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Cereza obviously did not realize the wonderful find she had here. “This is important indeed. It’s a book of rituals of my clan that have not been practiced in centuries.” She looks through the table of contents and sees one that might interest her. “Shiral Setheneran, Journey to the land of waking dreams. This allows one to speak with their subconscious. You can find out why you were able to see Seishin.” Kirito was right in front of the dunk tank back at the festival so of course he heard the whole conversation; well at least her part. “What do you say? Shall I try to decipher the ritual?”

[Ooc: unfortunately I am still waiting for Shiral Setheneran to be approved as a CRPJ, but I guess we could spend a couple of rounds gathering the necessary items.]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ah, so this was significant to her. Cereza gave a nod, still not really following. It could unlock one's own psyche basically? Cereza supposed that made sense. She herself had her own practice of meditation, nothing to that degree, but she was able to search her mind through those practices. And then there was that one time that Sarabi had taken her deep within the dwellings of her mind and spoke to her, fought with her. So, in all probably actuality, this wasn't considered completely unbelievable. Cereza shrugged. "Well, I mean, I've had enough problems with my own inner self, I guess you could say, and I don't really feel like getting into a fight with her. That would be...you know...kinda bad...for people." Cereza scratched the back of her head. Sarabi wanted to take over her body and burn the world, supposedly bringing about a new reign of tyranny. She really liked being Queen, but Cereza couldn't let so many innocents die. "But, if you wanted to practice, I mean, I'll do what I can to help. So, give it your best shot." Cereza gave the best offer she could. This was obviously of importance, but she just didn't know what she could really do.

[OOC: Cereza's about to head out to go home, but I can keep up this thread until I am out of the country. So, if this is important to your plot, I can help.]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seems that Cereza was not in need of her help. She already had a means of communicating with her inner self. If that is the case, then a new ritual is in order. One important to Shimete; one that has been used on Shimete already. The ritual that has given her the right blue eye she possesses; the ritual that is the reason she has Kirito as a brother and teacher; the ritual that has been both a curse and a blessing. She points at a name in the table of context. “Da’len him fen. It translates little child into wolf. It is most likely the ritual preformed on me.” Though she is unsure whether she should look at it; she is afraid of what it my tell her. What if it will kill her later on? What if it was only temporary? She has grown attached to her wolven brothers and sisters. But if she had someone with her, she might have the bravery to look. “I have a little mystery of my own. I am what is called a child of Moro. Moro is the wolf goddess of the hunt in Nigiri lore. Her pride prevents her from having any children of her own, so she adopts them. Usually she only adopts wolves and other canines, so this ritual must somehow trick her into picking me.” Shimete then looks at Cereza as if to silently ask if she should turn to the page.

[Ooc: Then we'll skip pass the ritual for you and head straight for the one for me.]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
So, this was some time of wolven ritual? Or maybe it was a ritual pertaining to wolves. There was a wolf thing here so that was really the only point. Cereza looked over at Kirito and back at Shimete. This must be one powerful ritual if it tricked a goddess. Cereza had even encounted such a thing, but it wasn't a real goddess or anything. Cereza only became more enthralled in this tale. She definitely wanted to be apart of it, well not directly of course, but here anyway. This seemed to be groundbreaking, or at least on a smaller calibur of groundbreaking. It mostly seemed to be of one clan, but that wasn't the first time something great and powerful came from something else. Cereza's eyes got bigger as she hung on every word. "Wow. You're really special then! I feel bad for Moro, poor dear, but that makes all of those that become her children unique, right? Only better! But, don't lose faith, perhaps there was some other reason she chose you. If it has something to do with a ritual, let's figure it out. I'll be here for you, through it all!" Cereza gave two thumbs up and a large grin. She was here to help, and it only seemed right. She would wait anxiously for Shimete to turn the page, now fully investing herself into this. Should anything bad happen like what happened to herself in the library, she would stay and make sure it all turned out alright.

[OOC: Ah Ha! You're using the Dalish/Elven Language! I didn't catch it in the first post, but after I saw Da'len it clicked. XD Ah! You are now my favorite person ever! *Fangirling*]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Moro seemed to have taken it well when she found out. It seems after a certain stage of development she speaks to her new child. I believe her exact words were, ‘I see you are different from the rest of my children, but I sense the spirit of the wolf strong within you.’ She then gladly welcomes me into her family. I felt… very loved.” Shimete remembers when Moro spoke to her. Her word gave her a gentle warmth. She would love to meet Moro in person someday. She turns to the page and reads to herself. She speaks the words in a mumble; it would sound like gibberish to Cereza. Shimete found out Moro words were more literal then they seemed. “As Moro feeds the spirits of man to her children to make them more human. The child must feed on the spirit of a wolf in ordered to be chosen. Moro does not choose based on strength or appearances, but based on one’s soul.” Shimete wonders if Moro knows about this. Would she shun her for eating a spirit of a wolf?

[yep you guessed it. I chose Dalish because I wanted to use a language that no one else is already using. Of coarse the reason for it is because there are so little words known, which makes it a little hard. I use dragon age wiki.]

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[I hope neither of you mind me cutting in, but the only two other RPs I'm in are moving slowly. Boredom has struck, and I've been following this topic for a little while.]

27y66gx.jpg
Clutched within the grasp of his left arm were three scrolls, the edges of each a different color. Each step he took through the monolithic library was soft and near silent, much like the swift movements of a cautious feline. It was known, not only in Kumogakure but also around the world, that the Bibliotheca Conscientiae was considered the world's most premiere source of written lore and learning. It was this place that the boy frequented whenever possible, ever since he was able to travel about the village on his own. To him, it was a beautiful place where he could find a solemn corner and surround himself with copious amounts of knowledge.

He'd separate from the world, submerging himself in the ethereal worlds of each book. His mind would be able to paint vivid pictures of whatever it was he had found himself interested in. Through the words on the pages, he would witness great battles or perilous adventures...Through those same pages he would also learn about heroes, rebellions, great acts of faith, terrible tragedies, and in some ways, he would experience the world through the authors. For Tensai, simple entertainment would not do, and learning was entertainment. The sheer number of subjects he immersed himself in to one degree or another had inflated to numbers long forgotten and dismissed.

Although he visited quite frequently, only a small number of people had actually interacted with the boy. He was hard to miss due to his cultural style of dress, but it was easy for him to find solace alone in an establishment so large. Most, if not all, of the small number who would recognize him were mere staff members. He was capable enough when it came to socializing, but it was extremely rare for Tensai himself to initiate any sort of conversation with strangers. That being said, two people had caught his attention while he moved quietly throughout the library, two females to be exact.

He paused for a moment, mentally, trying to figure out why he had bothered stopping in the first place. There didn't seem to be anything too out of the ordinary about either of them. One was a pregnant woman, and the other a scarlet-haired young girl. As he tried to figure out what was it that had halted his movements, and interrupted his internal focus, he would unconsciously look over the girl more. She was dressed like a maid of some sort with heterochromia, and the large black bow that tied her hair together was peculiar to him. He blinked once or twice, and then suddenly it came to him.

The words he had heard upon nearing their location. While he hadn't been paying much attention, one could rarely deny the fact that alert senses will mingle with all things despite the person's will or focus. While he didn't remember anything specific, something about rituals, wolves, goddesses, and spirits were involved. He had never personally had any real experience with any of those things, not outside of various tales and such within books here or there. The curiosity within him swelled in such a manner that he felt it would burst forth from his chest, and still he only bit his lip and prepared to go on about his business.

There was still something he had heard, but could not recall...Something that had interested him more than the words spoken which he could recall, but it continued to elude him. "Hello." He said, his voice a little creaky as it forced its way out against his will. He'd clear his throat a little, then proceed. "Excuse me, but do you intend on checking that book out?" Despite the initial awkwardness of his approach, it could be seen in his half-lidded eyes that he didn't feel particularly threatened or anything...Perhaps just shy to some degree?

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete spoke with such care towards Moro that Cereza felt her own heart flutter for the love of her soon to be born children. A mother's love is something that could never be recreated no matter how hard someone may try to. She was happy that Moro chose Shimete, even if it didn't logically make sense due to her previous behavior. Cereza didn't exactly follow what was being mumbled by the younger girl, but she seemed to be very lost within the text. She didn't really understand what was said next. The fact that she fed upon a wolf's spirit? Can you eat spirits? Do they taste good? She shook her head in question. Well, that was odd. "Well, I'm not sure what that means really...But I'm sure Moro knows what she's doing..." Cereza gave a shrug. Not a moment later, a young boy came up to the two. She turned as she heard him approach and gave a smile. "Hello, sir. Um, I'm not quite sure, but I won't be checking anything..." Cereza paused, a sudden pain making it's way towards her. She winced, but did not want to draw attention to herself. "Um, please excuse me. I just realized I have to go take care of something. Sir, would you mind helping this young woman, I don't believe I can give further aid." Cereza would place a hand on Shimete's shoulder before she left. "If there's anything you ever need, feel free to write me. And whatever you may discover, I believe Moro was not wrong in her choice of selection." With that, she turned and made her way to the hospital.

[OOC: I am so sorry guys! I wanted to finish this out, but the group is ready to leave! I still hope this topic goes well from here, I've really enjoyed it!]
[Topic Left]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The boy would feel something big and furry brush pass him. Obviously the boy he over looked Shimete’s canine companion. Kirito sniffs the lad so that he may familiarize his scent. Kirito was a timber wolf with amber fur. He too had heterochromia eyes. His left eye was crimson red, but his right eye was the exact same color as Shimete’s right eye. She looks at him before answering his question. He did not look like a member of the Nigiri clan. However there might be other decedents of the ancient druids of Durgen’len. She claps her hands and bows her head saying, “Andaran atish’an, emma Shimete.” Her words meant: enter this place in peace, I am Shimete. It was a standard greeting in ages past. She figured it would be highly unlikely he would understand her words, but it would be a please surprise. So few knew the language and so few words are known. If he did not understand the book would be useless to him and it wouldn’t really matter if she checked it out or not.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just as the woman made it clear she had no intention of leaving with the book, he noticed the small reaction to pain. Instinctively, he attempted to step forward and offer help but kept himself in check. The little movement he did manage to make would likely give the full impression of his halted intentions though. His eyes shifted from the woman's face to her very pregnant looking torso, and instantly his lips formed a barely noticeable frown. He knew that there wasn't anything that he could do at all to help a woman if she needed delivery, as such things were not one of the many subjects he had studied.

The woman would make a request of him before leaving the young girl with sentimental words. He seemed stunned for a moment, silent as he watched the woman's back after giving a subtle farewell and bow, while she practically waddled her way out of the library. At that moment his lips parted just a bit, as he came to the realization that he had just been asked to help this girl with something. He was unsure of what to say, but violation of his personal space drew his attention swiftly.

Something hairy and warm had moved passed him, and naturally he took a little step back. When he realized what exactly it was, he was looking down at a wolf unlike any he'd ever seen in books or in person...Not that he'd ever seen a wolf in person before. It was simply one of those animals he never had the luck of crossing paths with, well, until now. He moved a little, raising his scrolls so that the animal wouldn't get to them as it sniffed around the boy. Laughing a little, Tensai would hold up the scrolls still with his left arm and slowly lower his right. His movements were very subtle, and as his right hand neared the animal he would allow himself to be sniffed. If things seemed to be going well he'd pet the animal lightly and gently, but if not he'd recoil with a simply abashed disposition.

The sound of the girl's hands clasping together returned his attention to her, and as she bowed he would do the same. When she spoke though, he wasn't entirely sure what she had said. With another lagged memorial recall, he remembered the female voice, her's in particular, mentioning something about a book being in another language. Putting two and two together, he sighed and scratched his head a little. "Eh, I'm sorry but I'm not sure at all what you just said...Definitely a language I haven't come across before." He frowned a bit, and in truth he wasn't really able to tell that 'Shimete' wasn't just another word in the language.

Well, he was asked to help this girl out by a rather pregnant woman who left in a rush. However; if the book they were talking about is the one he had just asked about...Then he couldn't read it at all. An enlightened smirk quickly spread across his lips before speaking. "Well, I may not speak the language but I'm good at figuring things out. If you translate for me, then whatever comes next should be pretty easy to deal with. At least, conceptually." If anything, he was just glad he found a way to give help despite his obvious disadvantage. "Oh, and my name is Tensai." He would bow once more.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kirito did not sniff the offered hand for he found the action a little offensive and would back away if Tensai tries to pet him. “Kirito does not like being treated as a pet.” She would say with a laugh. Kirito then goes to lay by her feet and kept an eye on the boy. “My name is Shimete. Kirito is my older brother.” Tensai must be giving her an interesting look with that statement. “Well now, in order for you to help me, you must first understand what I am. It is a long tell but I will try to keep it short.” She closes the book for she has learned all that she wished to learn about herself. “Moro, the wolf goddess of the hunt, she hunts down the souls of men and feed them to her adopted children. Though Moro has condemned many souls to this horrible fate, she is not viewed as evil. She serves a very important purpose. Not all souls wish to leave this world, many grow attached to it. However an over population of souls wandering the living world would cause destruction. She exists to prevent such disaster. Moro has no children of her own for her pride prevents her from allowing any wolf to dominate her. Instead she adopts wolves as her own children, feeding them souls of men. These souls make her children stronger and smarter than any other wolf. When she adopts a wolf, she brands them with a sapphire blue eye. This is why wolves with two different colored eyes are called children of Moro in the my clan. A ritual was used on me so that I may be chosen as one of Moro’s children.”

[mft]

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The wolf's rejection didn't go unnoticed. As previously predicted, he would simply withdraw his hand with a an expression that might suggest he took minor offense. He never truly viewed animals as pets, but rather creatures who also have a right to many of the things people did. That included affection and friendship, as well as the right to deny such things. He'd watch as the canine founds its way back to Shimite and took his place with her. The girl's explanation was sufficient enough, and Tensai's response to it was a small shrug.

She introduced herself, and he recalled her name from the earlier undecipherable language. The mention about the animal being her older brother instantly caused his left brow to jump and stay suspended in that position for a moment. There was no explanation at that point, and the girl simply went on with the conversation as though she hadn't said anything strange at all. Rather than interrupting to further inquire, he listened to her tale of Moro, soul devouring, and adoption. When she had spoken her final word on the subject, Tensai remained silent still.

His eyes were the color of sweet milk chocolate, but the irises quickly shifted without warning to a brutally dark shade of ebony. The expression on his face seemed less flustered than during their initial meeting moments before, but had relaxed some time ago during the girl's story. He'd take a few steps towards them, but proved to simply be placing his scrolls atop the table. "I see, so you, and your family are soul eaters." His tone seemed less than enthusiastic about the idea, and the reasoning Shimete had given didn't seem to sway him. No, he was lingering on a few details in his mind that might have not been viewed as entirely pleasant.

Tensai had no actual experience with the supernatural, not that he could recall. However; much of his reading crossed into such realms and talked about various cultures, clans, doctrines, and other such mystical things. The problem, was that he hadn't taken much of it to heart at all, and simply absorbed the knowledge as works of refined literature. Contrary to that though, he did remember hearing that the elders within his own clan held beliefs about spirits, demons, and that sort of thing also. Tensai himself never really paid much attention to those things though, and found himself in a bit of a conundrum. "...While I might not really like the idea of something out there eating the souls of the lost, and branding things with a mark of servitude, your explanation as to why Moro would do such things is sufficient for now." He would be sure to question his uncle on spiritual matters the next time they met.

"You seem like a nice person, and because of that I don't really think you or your idea of Moro have any truly bad intentions." He would pull out one of the chairs at the table and take a seat. "I've been learning a bit about spirituality in my own right, but I have no doubt that it's an entirely different process than that of your clan. Your story makes me really want to learn more about that side of the world, and how it affects that which considers itself separate." Looking up from a scroll he had rested his hand upon, he would look into the girl's eyes and give a warm smile unconsciously. "I'll help you. What is it that you need me to do?" Something inside him wanted to resist offering help to someone who admittedly was a part of a soul devouring cult of supernatural animals, but something else wanted to know more about the girl herself. Even if he couldn't agree with her customs, with what little he knew, he also didn't feel that she was a wicked person. "I'll do what I can."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The term ‘mark of servitude’ caught Shimete’s and Kirito’s attention greatly, but for different reasons. Both of them believe the mark has anything to do with servitude. The eye is a blessing she gives to her children. However Shimtete is of a servant clan, so Tensai might have just crossed a line he did not want to cross. “Is there something wrong with serving one that you care for?” Anger was clearly in the little maid girl’s voice. “I see people in restaurants serving complete strangers and I’m looked down upon. At least I know the people I serve.” She hits the table with her fist like a mallet. The book and scrolls on the table jump a few inches from the force. “Me and Kazuma have been together for as long as I can remember. He was my best friend and I am proud to serve him. Why can’t you people just leave us alone?!” She takes the book of rituals and chucks it at Tensai’s head, but the rage did not end there. “I am tired of all you people looking down upon our clan with pity. I do not need your stinking pity; keep it for yourself. You spend most of your life looking for a purpose. I don’t have to look for it, because I was born with one!” Tensai might want to either run or calm her down before she start throwing things bigger that books.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In general, he was usually quite well at predicting the moods and actions of others to some extent. However; females were always more complicated, and living with them didn't really help to shed a whole lot of light on their mystery. It was really only once his eyes were separated from contact with her's that the angered voice broke through, and the sudden warping of emotions within that voice became noticeable. He looked up again, and taking note of her attire once more he would exhale slowly, placing his palm to his forehead.

As she hit the table fiercely, the force caused Tensai's palm to be pushed upward and rock his chair back a little. "Hey-" He started, but she wouldn't stop there. She raged on, and began tossing whatever she could find in his direction. The first book nailed him right in the cheek, causing a minor scrape, still drawing blood. His eyes instantly shifted, their color turning a deep shade of orange, but quickly shifted again to become fiery and almost luminescent scarlet. The next object thrown at him was completely knocked off course this time, Tensai's right first shot up and across the table, punching the book with such force that it flew across the room and shattered entirely. Pages were flying everywhere now, and naturally all the patrons would be looking over.

He'd scoff at the very idea of what was happening to him right now, right in the middle of his favorite place in all the village. He'd snatch his scrolls, and inadvertently some of the other books while simultaneously rocking backwards before kicking the table. The table would be knocked over, while the boy himself would roll backwards and then up into a standing position. It was quite clear that he was now angry also. His fingers were twitching, begging him to make use of the red wires upon his forearms. So many things he wanted to say, but the words clumped up in his throat and instead he kicked the already overturned table in anger. The table's leg was knocked right off and into a bookshelf, right next to one of the onlooker's heads.

It was difficult, but the ability to speak was forcibly returned by an aching will. "Branding is a mark of slavery. Willfully giving your labor to someone deserving is one thing, but then having them mark you as their property is another." His words were spoken through gritted teeth, as he tried to contain himself, but he continued. "You assumed I looked down on you, even when I said nothing like that at all. The only damned thing I said about it is that I don't like the idea of being branded, and you act like this over that?" He found his own voice raising a bit with every word, and had to stop himself again. Taking slow breaths before going on.

"I don't know who Kazuma is, and I really don't care at all about whatever it is between you two." Straightening himself up a bit, and brushing himself off he would notice his bruised knuckles from having shattered the book so unexpectedly, and with such anger within himself that he didn't realize was even there. "I'm not going to apologize, because I didn't do anything wrong. The only thing I'm sorry about is that you heard what you wanted to hear." The girl's response was totally in harmony with the symptoms of a person who had been thoroughly brainwashed and had their programming challenged. Tensai himself wouldn't make that connection at all, not today at least, and perhaps not for a few years. Right now, all he knew was that he had been humiliated and treated like a dog in front of countless people.

"You might not have to look for a purpose, but at least I can choose mine." Were the very last words he'd say directly to Shimete before he'd march off with all the items he had snatched up, and walk right through the exit. He even forgot to actually check the materials out, but that was a problem for another day. Right now, he was too angry to care, and thoroughly wished he had never bothered to know the girl. When he would eventually calm down, he would realize that she had simply been oversensitive and hurt, and stand by his idea that she was not wicked...However; he had no inclination to meet with, or see her ever again. Though, when people lived in the same village that was bound to happen given a long enough timeline. The library however; was a place Tensai would not be returning to for a very long time.

[Topic Left]
[MFT - WC: 777]​

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete’s explosion of displaced anger subsided. She has been bottling up these emotions for some time now. Tensai was just an unfortunate soul, who was around when she finally pops. Needless to say Shimete was then escorted out of the library and band from entering again for the next month.

[topic left/closed]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back